drive.google.com/open?id=1KBTAvp2wnyTwvUFHTExLc0UBWou48RIq
drive.google.com/open?id=1mDtbFr-6h0l0He333v869c1MPY6OTY95
drive.google.com/open?id=1bKNyNhTz6alX8ewVdmKTqNP0O1dlnBla
drive.google.com/open?id=1rglU1nAcBWVSz-MFJu36ZN6lS7sGCwFE
drive.google.com/open?id=12OPIeuCRtjUKAuhS3Yxk0cRZhBkZL3g4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

Yes

They took out the leveling system in multiplayer, making it so you couldn't flaunt your superiority to retards.

one of the best halo games, who thinks it's bad?
i still play this shit online

Sure as hell better than 99% of multi games now

Yes

no i've always thought it was a really good game. never understood the hate for it.

1. Bloom
2. Armor Abilities
3. No traditional 1-50 ranked, instead lame "seasonal" arena crap
4. Super grindy cR bullshit to get customization

It wasn't the worst Halo compared to 343-shit but it was definitely a step down from Halo 3.

yes, ruined the series

Maybe

it had much better combat than 3, online and story. armor abilities were an improvement, and who cares about customization?

Bait

It sure as fuck was until the 343 games happened. All of its myriad flaws seem trivial in comparison to the shit we have to deal with now.

1>Reach>3>ODST>2>5>4

No. I liked it a lot. Anyone who says it set the stage for 343 fucking it up are brain dead. What 343 has done with Halo is entirely something else.

It was annoying at first, but I grew accustomed to the gameplay fairly easily. Customs were more creative than 3, even if everything was grey.

Attached: .png (846x571, 510K)

not bait. odst had better maps for online, and maybe better online overall, but they're close. and reach has one of the best storyline too

Attached: 25d.jpg (909x519, 87K)

Bait

The more I look at it the funnier it gets.

Why did you post a picture of yourself?

bait that poses as calling out bait

Yes

1 = 2 = 3 > ODST >>>>>>>>>>>>> Reach > 4 > 5

Attached: 1559463633697.jpg (750x747, 149K)

No they didn't.

Actual retard guys

They removed the 1-50 ranking system, which is what he was referring to, and replaced it with Arena, which was:

1. Shit. Shit maps, shit settings.
2. Dead the instant the MLG playlist got decent settings.

Reach effectively had no ranked playlist and the social matchmaking system was terrible. The fact that MCC Reach will have the 1-50 ranking system, at least for the competitive playlist, will make the game much better.

1. Even with bloom the DMR was still God's anti son of a bitch machine.
2. They really should have kept it in SP or keep it quarantined to specific mp modes.

I agree fully with your other points user. I think it had excellent atmosphere and had legit kino moments
> Objective: Survive

What is your favorite part of the Sangheili anatomy?

Attached: .png (2832x2196, 1.37M)

yes they did you dumb fucking moron

Reach was the best in the series, Yea Forums is full of autists and everyone knows autists dislike change that's why the majority hated the improvements Reach got.

Their quadruple pectoral muscles they are never depicted with

Halo 2 had best competitive and halo 3 had best social/community multiplayer. Reach was the bullet to the brain that caused the next 5 or however many halos there are now to tragically exist.

They can have a compound set of muscles. It would make less sense for the quad pectorals to be completely separate.

Attached: .png (1464x1900, 1.87M)

i just wish the spartan misters weren’t so squat and short

invasion was great

Tied with the original for the best campaign.
You want to know how the humans constantly got stomped by the covenant? Play Reach on legendary. Most fun enemies and elites to fight with the enemies advancing on your position and flanking if you tried to stand still.

Attached: awesome_halo_elite_costume_2.jpg (500x332, 55K)

The DMR being broken with bloom doesn't mean bloom isn't an issue. Nobody who complains about bloom even cares about the DMR being better or worse than the rest of the sandbox. The entire issue is that it turns DMR v DMR battles into statistical coinflips and narrows the skill gap. Reach is actually a pretty solid game without bloom and a movespeed boost.

Halo Reach had invasion, the best game mode

I don't even recall what invasion was, insignificant.

Sounds like your mind is failing you then, brainlet.

As much as thats true, the playlist was bogged down by Invasion Slayer, only had two maps, and was made worse from the beta to release (much like the rest of the game)

Bait is still bait

>Early onset dementia
I'm so sorry, user

Man, Halo Reach honestly has the absolute worst Elite design
What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: reach_5704518_Medium.jpg (480x360, 50K)

What's with the hate with armor abilities? They're non issue unless you're a complete retard

I remember everything was so blurry you couldn't make out edges or characters. It was just a blend of colors. The game was so hideous I couldnt focus on anything else. How the fuck this game got out of Alpha being such shit is honestly beyond me. AND LOADOUTS LMAO

This

Bait

That's the thing, they weren't

Big yikes, Mr. Samefag

Couldn't agree more

cringing irl, that wasn't me

Attached: retard.jpg (600x800, 95K)

Halo 3 > Halo CE > Halo 2 > Halo 4 > Halo 5

>Get a design that wasn't made to be viewed without armor
>Remove armor
>"WOOOOW IT'S THE WORST DESIGN"

>if i didn't know about it, then it wasn't popular!
>i'm not unaware!!
Aliens vs Humans? It was one of the more popular playlists.

Jetpack was fucking ridiculous, are you joking? The teamshot power it gives you is insane, and the only way to counter it is to know how to use it just as well. The only map that isn't completely warped by jetpack is Zealot.

Sprint set a bad precedent, and armor lock is basically just a pause button. Camo replaced, you know, and actually on the map powerup. There is literally nothing positive to say about any of these outside of dicking around in BTB.

It sucked with armor too

But did you guys like ODST?

Attached: 845681564816.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

I always thought their hands were cool, and pretty creative compared to what you normally see in fictional aliens.

>"I removed the helmet to show their forehead that is not once seen in game, SEE? N-now theyre ugly after i hacked the game.
Cope, seething 343tranny

Attached: elite.png (1149x582, 933K)

Never really thought of it that way. Thanks for the insightful post user. Did the bloom/coin toss engagements carry over to H4 and 5? I played both very briefly and don't remember.

story sucked, great online

I actually agree with this user except for 2 being below odst and 4 and 5 not having 50 less than signs inbetween the other games and themselves

I'm pretty sure the DMR in both has bloom, but I don't know how egregious it is because I loathe both Halo 4 and 5. Its also not really the main weapon.

Here's another proportion comparison

Attached: elite armor.jpg (1294x1293, 327K)

No, it means that players who pace their shots for better accuracy have a better chance to win (rewarding skill and experience), and keeps the assault rifle as a viable close range option vs DMRs.

No

The design should be good with or without the armor :0)

This

>No, it means that players who pace their shots for better accuracy have a better chance to win

Statistically untrue. On default settings you are far more likely to win by not pacing at all. Furthermore, the DMR's TTK being faster than the assault rifle means that, at close ranges where the AR can actually hit something, bloom does nothing, and so the DMR automatically beats it at every range.

>"worst elite design"
>"wow you hate a design on an alien? fucking tranny!"
words can't describe the faggotry here.

Attached: 1558337365501.jpg (387x420, 48K)

t.tard that doesnt understand game modeling

t.mong that doesn't understand character design

Attached: 454.jpg (640x640, 33K)

He's right, Bungie fucked the Elite proportions in Reach.

It was a fantastic game, some people dislike it as a Halo game but anyone who hates it is just being a contrarian.
>Bungie's last hurrah
>prequel to the Halo trilogy that has been mentioned in the lore for years
>story is a Shakespearean tragedy, you know your struggle will be in vain ahead of time, all you can do is sit along for the ride and try to survive
>fun new modes like headhunter and invasion
>best armor customization in any Halo game
>firefight amplified everything from ODST and made it addicting
>weekly challenges help you get credits and rank up, keep you coming back to play
>armor abilities evolve the gameplay, add a new dimension without ruining the simplicity of Halo multiplayer
>muh forge world
>muh custom games
>muh dmr

>Bungie fucked the Elite proportions in Reach.
And youre silent about this? Youre obviously a 343tranny, fuck off.

>forever ruined Halo by adding in sprint

Of course it was bad.

>Halo 2 had best competitive

Did you forget about HCE, boomer?

I don't care. I just want grifball.

Who was praising Halo 4 elites in the first place?

>story sucked

get this nigga outta here

>disliking the coolest elites since CE
How can someone be so wrong, im fucking rolling here at this 343tranny.

Attached: Goldlunge.jpg (800x600, 76K)

>And youre silent about this? Youre obviously a 343tranny, fuck off.
I hate both 343i designs, you degenerate. Reach's elites are fucking dumb as well.
There's some dumb user that tries to defend their design by comparing them to Reach, when they both look awful. At least Reach had decent armor designs.

Attached: .png (2346x1746, 3.29M)

I was waiting for this. boomers who go on about combat evolved being the best halo are worse than smash fags. there wasn't even xbox live yet. Most are just contrarians, some are autists.

Nice bait!

A lot of unironic homosexuals in this thread.

CE>ODST>3>2>literal fucking dumpster fire>the other games

>even counting odst as a halo game
>let alone putting it second

keks were had

but it was. the game wasn't called ODST, it was called Halo ODST. Just like how Halo Wars games are Halo games despite how bad they are.

No.

>One of the better campaigns in the series, with consistently above average missons, with the largest playspaces without them feeling too empty

>Has the third best story in the series, and NOBLE team, while not partiuclarly deep, still have a neat dynamic and play off each other, unlike CE's near lack of a plot or 3 not featuring any characters really beyond MC and Cortana

>Creative use of camera angles in cutscenes, has the 2nd or third best atmosphere in the series

>The Best visual design of the series

>Arguably the best weapoin sandbox, with a large amount of both UNSC and COvenant guns, with minimal clone guns unlike other games in the series with large sandboxes, and most guns being actually useful, such as the AR being accurate out to mid range, the plasma pistol being able to kill again

>The return of health, assassinations, squad systems for NPC marines, and other small adjuistments and tweaks

>Invasion is arguably the best multiplayer gametype in the franchise

>Massively expanded armor customization, applies your spartan in the campaign as well

>Having matchmaking for campaign, the return of firefight, having full custom game options for firefight, and more custom game options for customs in general

>Massively improved forge from 3, withaa much larger forgging stages then Foundry or sandbox, item physics. expanded budget, way more items, a coordinate system, etc.

>4 ahead of 5

5 at least has the best forge in the series, and actually undos most of 4's CoD-shit and has decent MP as a result, especially for 4v4 competitive play even if the campaign is shit

He probably thinks you are me, since I like the 4/5 elite anatomy but hjust think their armor is shit, wheras I like Reach elite armor but think their anatomy is shit, and have advocated for using 4/5 anatomy with reach armor as in pic related

You still see their fucked up head anatomy with the armor on you retard

Attached: 343 elite reach armor COMPRESSED.gif (600x429, 2.93M)

I wasn't talking about Halo 4/5's Elites, I was talking about Reach's Elites and they look like shit, you seem to always try to deflect to Halo 4 and 5's shit designs looking Doom shit but never seem to talk about Reach's ugly Elite and Brute designs.

You really not being clear when you hate the reach "design".
Are you talking face or the whole thing, including audio and animations?
Reach are easily the second best elites in all of those regards maybe except for the face, which literally doesnt matter since its hidden under a helmet.
I thought you were that same furfag that liked their feet?

This, don't know why people do this.

>everyone who disagrees with me is trolling

Reminder: Early 343i were the ones who took over MP about a year after the game was released and made it playable with severely reduced bloom for multiple playlists. I like to think they haven't forgotten this even though 4 & 5 sucked and that Reach PC will be playable from the get go

Attached: 1556234867198.png (700x600, 355K)

Reach Elite and Brute designs don't even fit with the aesthetics of Halo or Reach.

Bloom was less awful then 3's random spread since bloom can at least be combatted via shot pacingf and is shown in your reticule, and helps autos, whereas 3's spread can't and doesn't.

Also the reduced bloom DMR is broken as shit.

>Did the bloom/coin toss engagements carry over to H4 and 5?
4 has much less bloom then in Reach/spread then in 3, though it's still there somewhat. 5 had zero bloom/spread on precision weapons on launch but the BR was given a tiny bit of spread in a patch to balance it a bit; and in 5 even the automatics have a lot less spread and are fairly accurate.

>Its also not really the main weapon.
The DMR wasn't intended to be the main weapon in Reach either, the fact bungie game into retards who thought it was is part of the problem.

user, t-this is like the third time you've this'ed my post, can you like fuck off?

Attached: DDe9jmjXYAAaPQ2.jpg (646x595, 42K)

The Halo 4/5 elite looks like shit without armor as well. The proportions in that were also altered.
I dislike the features when they're armorless. That's because they're not meant to be seen without said segments. Aside from the faces, they'd be acceptable with some modifications. When it comes to proportions, Bungie included their armor for their frames.
You can't salvage pic related..

Attached: Halo 4 elite.jpg (1280x813, 92K)

This, get off his cock user

this, that user needs to fuck off

Attached: 1559300156309.jpg (600x623, 24K)

The Reduced bloom did as much bad as good.

It made it less random, but the DMR was better when spammed to begin with which didn't change, and it just buffed it at mid long range, which made it OP

>String bean ass lookin motherfucker legs
>Floppy clown feet
>A face no sangheili mother would love
But at least 50% of their design looks good haha

explain faggot, they fit more than the fucking prophets, brutes or drones in general.
youre probably too young to remember the jump in design from CE elites to the prophets, what a shit design they have.

>The DMR wasn't intended to be the main weapon in Reach either

Explain. It was the default utility weapon from the very beginning of the Beta. You spawned with it in every game, you even spawned with it at first in Invasion until they realized that was a mistake.

The DMR received minimal changes from Beta to release and Bungie never patched the game or did anything to suggest that the state of the DMR was ever unintentional.

It was over powered before, what the fuck is it competing with at mid range? The Needle Rifle, which literally does not even have spread on 85% settings and is basically a power weapon?

50%
better than 0% haha.
When you think about it reach elites were the last ones to be liked more than disliked, not to mention the hate mostly comes from the Halo 3 fans that never played the previus entries and found the reach elites too "scary".
What a bunch of pussies.

It was always fine with me, the series has always had that mid-long range weapon. CE:Pistol->2:BR->3:BR-Reach:DMR
OP or not it's better with a consistent spread than a random one

>Bungie included their armor for their frames.
Pretty sure they did that to all of the elites, brutes, jackals, and even spartans
You know the spartans have a impossible gorilla like anatomy, right?
Real life is not video games.

So why is it not more competitive?

They look like fucking cartoons in a realistic aesthetic. Your taste is ass.

I didn't say one was more or less competitive, I said halo 2 had best competitive, taking into account the competitive scene too. I don't care about the 10 people who showed up to combat evolved lan events.

Bungie should have ditched bloom on the DMR and made recoil heavier. I don't know why they removed that.

Claiming something is "the best" oftentimes means that you believe it is better than the other options.
More people LAN CE nowadays than they do other Halo games.

>They look like fucking cartoons in a realistic aesthetic.
So they look like the halo aesthetic? glad we agree they belong in halo.
Nice going proving that im right fucking retard.
>Your taste is ass
Boohoo, is the evil alien too scary to little johnny?

I loved literally all the Halo games. And Gears of War.

Attached: 1389933969785.jpg (357x365, 40K)

What point do you believe you are making by that stat? Both games have been dead for many many years. Fortnite has more players so it must be better than both of them.

One has longevity, the other has nostalgia.

im not gonna defend the campaign like some are. i went back to it recently and it was fucking garbage.

in terms of multiplayer, though, reach had the best of any halo. all the butthurt plebs are screaming about armor abilities and sprint, and the ability to choose classes was a step in the wrong direction, but acting as though this had anything more than a negligible overall impact on the game is fucking retarded.

customization was great, forge was great, custom gamemodes and maps were great, gameplay was great.

Attached: 1542002381961.jpg (1280x1707, 352K)

Not based and low IQ pilled

>maps were great

Attached: file.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

>longevity
If, and thats a big If, you were right about CE having more LAN events right now, the figures no way add up to more than 100 people difference/year. That isn't longevity, that's a statistically insignificant little factoid.

Still 100 more players than any Halo 2 LAN.
If we're gonna go by the "popular=good" metric, then Halo 2 loses out to 3 in that regard.

>complains about map design
>posts one of the best maps in the game

What makes it good?

Attached: file.jpg (600x328, 64K)

>still 100 blah blah
show me stats retard

And popular != good you fucking moron, why am I wasting my time talking to a window licker, I literally just used the fortnite example to say that.

Sword Base had something like a 70+ percent winrate for red team. You have to be having a fucking laugh.

R elites were a homage to CE after the wreck that was the fat funny screaming 3 elites.
That is a fact.
It only fits when theyre enemies they look villainous again, they even made their eyes black again.
But 3babies be hating because they cant play as a le funny noob dinosaur in MP.

Attached: 80dc30c89cc513368531b6b1dd132037.png (799x350, 355K)

Well there are at least 2 Beach LANs a year, with locals elsewhere.
beach-lan.com/rsvp/
>And popular != good
Then why is Halo 2 "the best"?

Intricacy and verticallity. Factor in armor abilities, and no two matches are the same
Then don't be on red team you fucking noob

The two halves being so closed-off with so few entry points meant there wasn't a lot of vertical interaction. With how linear the map was to traverse, it was very samey as well. There were oftentimes only 2 specific ways to enter any area of the map. Both of which are extremely telegraphed (loud lifts, glass floors, long walkways).

Attached: file.jpg (600x328, 48K)

>no two matches are the same
>Lock down lift with your free grenade launcher and teamshot anyone trying to jetpack to break your FREE map control

Sword base is literally a free win that plays the exact same every match unless you are unlucky enough to spawn as blue team, in which case you may as well hope the other team has brain damage.

4/10 I responded.

> the series has always had that mid-long range weapon.

Yes, and it's always been the franchise's biggest issue.

THe DMR was still the best gun pre TU in reach, but it was less centralizing then past precision weapons had been.

Bungie said in their development updates before the beta the DMR was intended to be a more exclusively mid range to long range gun unlike the BR which was a jack of all trades oe, which fits with the Reach AR having had it's range extended to fill the gap and having the pistol, be useful again.

>39 posters
Why is halo dead bros?

The only reason camping in the lift was a viable strategy was because retards kept running in there feeding them kills. If you would've just left him alone then he would have got bored and left.

>the DMR was intended to be a more exclusively mid range to long range gun
They failed miserably with that, considering they designed the weapon to perform more efficiently the closer you are to a target.

I see you've never actually played Sword Base in Arena. You don't have to actively camp the lift, you get a FREE grenade launcher and can insta gib anyone who touches it from the bridge outside, or the hallway. Its a comically easy map to lock down if you talk to your teammates.

If you're purely talking about casual matches where everyone (including you) has brain damage, theres no reason to bother talking about map design at all. It just stops mattering and nobody even knows how to play.

It is actually quote good, but contrarianism is popular so people will hate things to show off which is fucking retarded
Enjoy what you like!

i was saying best custom maps. a lot of the game modes had a fuckton of great maps since they included fan/custom ones

Nearly midnight on a Sunday.

The custom maps were all the same grey shit everywhere because Bungie decided it would be a good idea to conglomerate all of their Forge canvases into a single map.

Of course I never played Arena. Competitive modes in all games ruin the experience, it's a quarantine for elitist assholes who take the game way too seriously. Normal people just want to get cool headshots and shoot people with the needler while listening to Eminem and Linkin Park

Except Reach elites resemble CE elites far less then 2 and 3 elites do

FFS 4/5 elites are closer to the OT elites then reach elites are

Not bad only different

No, they fucking do not, if you've ever played Halo CE-3 in your worthless life you would know that.

They did a poor job paying homage then.

ya clearly it doesn't compare to the versatility of halo 3 or 4's custom maps

Attached: 1558305051399.gif (285x285, 1.33M)

>i don't care about competitive, those people are just tryhards
>but i am also an authority on what strategies are and are not viable

>Hey maybe you shouldn't bash your head against that brick wall over and over
>OH AND WHAT ARE YOU, SOME KIND OF PROFESSIONAL BRICK LAYER?

>made it playable with severely reduced bloom for multiple playlists.

No one played those playlists. Because the people who liked Reach actually wanted to play Reach, not 343i's stathack.

It's not bashing my head against a wall if I wait out a lead. The nature of deathmatch means the enemy needs to come to me if they want points.

People expected Halo 4, got a great game that isn't Halo 4 instead, couldn't acknowledge it for what it was.

Some MLG fags complained it wasn't "esports" enough, most people didn't care.

A vocal minority complained about points of the game and got 343 to change them, breaking the balance even more, and ruining it for everyone.

Lore fags were mad because it didn't exactly follow the story of the book, because obviously Halo is a book series, not a video game series.

Most people liked it and played the shit out of it.

Good for you, but we weren't talking about you. We were talking about people camping in the lift and the retards who kept running in there over and over feeding them kills thinking "THIS TIME I'LL GET HIM!"

>No one played those playlists.
BTB was still pretty popular, but let's be honest with ourselves. Anything in matchmaking that wasn't Infection was dead.
>Because the people who liked Reach actually wanted to play Reach, not 343i's stathack.
People who liked Reach didn't want to play Halo.

That focusing on their forehead that isnt ever shown in game you fucking autist

>People who liked Reach didn't want to play Halo.
This is all that needs to be said, the people that liked Reach were fans of Call of Duty.

Better than 3.
>Kenneth crabshells doom demons look more like elites
Please just stfu, your opinion is worthless.

>DMR fucking dominates most maps to the point of rendering many other guns plain inferior and pretty much useless
>"waaaaah DMR isn't good enough"
>343 patches it
>DMR becomes the only viable weapon
>multiplayer awkwardly dies

I can't wait to play it again in the master chief collection on steam!

U sure it's not 4?

Funny how years later, people still spout this bullshit without realizing it's retarded, thinking saying "waaah it's like COD" is an argument, while COD remains an entirely different thing because obviously they never played a single game of that series.

>Better than 3.
Not, even close. The more you talk the more autistic you sound.

Halo fans hated Reach, the fags that like Reach never liked Halo CE-3. Do the math.

>Anything in matchmaking that wasn't Infection was dead.
God I fucking hate zombies. I got tired of playing that shit in Halo 2 but at least back then you could still have custom lobbies that weren't meme modes. Starting with Halo 3 I don't think I've played a custom game of just normal slayer/team slayer more than a dozen of times. Everything had to be fucking jenga or some race shit or ZOMBIES which isn't too bad once in a while but that's all my shitty friendslist wanted to ever play. Going to matchmaking to play the normal gamemodes was also kinda shit because at a certain point it turned into all tryhards who would quit out or sperg out on mic playing the same two or three maps over and over again.

>Including CE with 2/3 to try to gain credibility.

Similar to Call of Duty, they hate it because it's popular

If you want me to do the math, present some actual numbers. Oh wait lol you can't.

I played CE on PC, 2, 3 and loved ODST and Reach.

Pre TU was pretty shit as a competitive game, it was the type of game that got less fun the better you got at it.

Attached: ae5f260b917416ffccef360b4f3bf8d7.png (1788x2313, 1.18M)

The more you defend 3 abominations the more i believe your first Halo was 3

Mother fucker literally people that love Reach didn't even play the first three fucking games. Anyone who says Reach is the best of anything on 4channel opinion should be immediately discarded.

>I played CE on PC
Discarded, if isn't Xbox, don't bother.

The more you defend the shitstain that is Reach makes me believe your first Halo was Reach. You don't come in here trying to shove that pile of shit on the same pedestal as Halo CE-3, get the fuck out of here with that shit.

I liked reach okay. I also loved CE and 2 but fuck 3 and fuck 3 babies. ODST was great as a campaign, firefight got old quick. Dropped the series after bungie left. Still played Custom Edition and H2V for a while after until eventually I got bored of it. Of the games I played the first game was probably my favorite, even on shitty XBC the multiplayer was at it's peak. 2's was also good but somethings got kinda lost in translation.

Reach has my favorite campaign.

ODST would have been first but it slips into Reddit Marvel trash too often.

I loved Halo CE, loved Halo 2 for all of its faults, and loved Halo 3, Reach was shit plain and simple.

Your rage is making you sound retarded. Even if I accept your premise that Halo Reach subverts all the mechanics of the original trilogy, it still would be possible to like all four entries.

Same as fightan players who also like SSB or something.

Holy moly, did i trigger the 3baby defensive mechanism, why are 3 babies so autistic and defensive over the worst entry of the OT?
Were talking about elites aswell autist, not the game, 3's elites are not even enemies so theyre always on the bottom of the list.

Objectively superior ranking coming through

Campaign:
3 > Reach >= ODST = 2 > 1 >= 4 >>>>> 5

Multiplayer:
Reach >= 3 > 2 > ODST >= 1 >>>>> 4 >>>>> 5

Music:
ODST >>>>> 3 >= Reach > 2 = 1 >>> 4 = 5

Don't fight it, you know it's objectively true.

I never played ODST, or 5, but I can agree with this.

Attached: Halo sucks.jpg (465x385, 29K)

Actually yeah I have no problems with this list. Good tastes, bro

I played the fourth previous fucking games, because even I know better than to forget ODST. And I loved Reach.

Sure it wasn't Halo 3, but then Halo 2 was something different yet again, so was Halo CE, and hell, even ODST had different movement and gun balance. All Halo games are different, you can't seriously pretend one of them is different from the others, they all are.

This is exactly it. The people that like Reach are terrible at it.

3/reach baby tier list

Got a 360 for Christmas when you were still a single digit age/10.

3 sucked plain and simple. Regardless that is irrelevant to my post because me holding my opinion proves the fag I was replying to wrong by contradiction. I am an example of a fag that loved CE and 2 and liked reach okay.

Also 2's faults are limited to it's single player, you thinking it had enough faults that you think you are being forgiving by ignoring them just tells me you place too much of your value in the campaigns. Halo 2's multiplayer was far superior to Halo 3's multiplayer and honestly the campaign is better too as long as you aren't an adhd riddled child who gets hard ons for over saturated colors and DUDE WOW 2 SCARABS OMG tier """epic""" moments. I'm sure you had great fun playing meme modes, forging, and playing co-op with your pals but rating 3 over 1 and 2 is pure first game nostalgia bullshit. Feel free to each shit for objectively being the flood of faggot "fans" who ruined the series with your dumbass suggestions and fuck bungie for unironically listening to retards like you.

Well, I'm sorry, I just don't see it, I can't see how anyone could like Halo CE-3 and say with a straight face that they love Reach.

I hate Reachkids, I always did and I hate you.

you're my people, 10/10 would customs with

I'm sorry I played every Halo substantially enough to form my own opinions. Your tastes are inferior, bro.

Do you literally buy anything with the Halo name on it? If it isn't main series, it ain't worth buying, I bet you bought that shit at $60.

Reach was garbage on both fronts campaign and multiplayer, the only thing it did right was customization.

Based and CE Pilled

Attached: officialtierlist.png (395x412, 167K)

Still better than 3 on both fronts.

>thinking ODST isn't worth buying
>thinking ODST cost $60 when it was priced as ridiculously fucking low as 15€ in Europe
You're really REACHING is you see what I mean, but you certainly showed you don't know shit about what you're talking about.

Reachkids, Halo3babies, the difference is like 3 years, youre no different from them.
I dont understand how anyone could like 3 after playing CE.
You should be sorry to be underage.

Not bad.

Attached: boomer.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

I started with H2 at friends' system link parties when I was 14, couldn't even dualstick properly yet because I was so used to only playing n64 games due to poverty, went back to H1, played every Halo since then. Played the H3 and Reach betas religiously. Fuck you nigger. Get better tastes.

Based, only 3kids and 343trannys have a problem with this.
>CE
campaign chilling and intense teamwork oriented MP, Large scale MP is silly but still fun
>2
MP is a better version of 3 all around, play whatever and its probably going to be good.
>R
Invasion, firefight, and custom games

Halo CE and Halo 2 are shooters. Halo 3 turned the series into minecraft.

Though I will say ODST had great music and was a pretty neat story despite being easy, dumbed down and on the trash Halo 3 engine.

Attached: 1531616481651.jpg (768x1024, 127K)

I don't know.

No, it wasn't

It wasn't

Maybe because 3 wasn't repetitive as hell, I played the game in 2001 too but even I knew Halo CE got very repetitive starting with Assault on the Control Room, still a great level.

Seriously this place became shit. That fucking gook that took over allowed for you transgenders from neoGAF, resetera, discord, and reddit to take over this place and turn it into shit. This Reach love feels like a late ass April Fools joke made by some contrarian ass cunts.

>ODST is shit

Oh boi here we go!

Attached: 1517128241864.jpg (567x561, 57K)

The day Europe gets nuked the better hopefully the niggers and sand niggers take over your shithole continent in the future.

>repetitive
Opinion discarded, this clueless 3baby is clueless.
Circlejerk more about your muh 2 scarabs.

It's amazing how many people in these threads have blatently never played 5 yet rank it anyways

There's zero legitmate arguement to 5 having worse MP then 4

>loadouts are gone,
>perks are gone
>ordinance/killstreaks are gone
>even starts are back
>you can pickup grenades again
>on map weapon pickups are back after 4 removed it
>descope is back after 4 removed it
>high base movement speed
>individual aiming sensitivity per axis per stick, inner and outer deadzone adjuistment for each stick, seperate per axis accelleration options, etc
>No random spread on precision weapons
>Automatics can hit shit past 5 feet, are actually worth using
>Unique weapons like the plasma caster, needler, railgun, etc are all also solid without being OP
>Thrusters, hove, and slide add a ton of new skilljumps
>Map design is the most vertical it's been since CE and 2
>New movement systems in general make up for Halo's lack of movement complexity compared to other arena shooters
>Forge mode has 5+ forge world sized canvases
>Limited texture editing and programming tools
>prefabs and object grouping, browser for prefabs, group and object duplicating
>Time of day and weather effects
>placable sound and weather effects
>Custom game browser

felt like it was a step back from Halo 3. Maps were mediocre at best. Weapon sandbox was more limited than 3, which wasn't great to begin with. armor abilities could have worked along side equipment, but alone they change the multilayer more for the worse. assassinations are fucking dumb. health kits are gay. vehicles were made of tissue paper.

eh/10

Attached: 1559432121053.png (480x478, 324K)

It's supposed to replicate the legendary skull, and honestly compared to the other designs in the other games it's more intimidating.

Attached: 043e2q9z8kn21.png (634x528, 570K)

What are you even trying to argue at this point?

Attached: 1517137472064.png (932x682, 744K)

>Please just stfu, your opinion is worthless.

They objectively do, though

You seriously going to tell me that the elite head on the far right (the reach elite) looks closer to the elite head in the middle (the 3 elite) then the one on the left (the 4 elite) does?

Attached: elite heads (4).png (923x438, 235K)

Yes it was the physics was slow and floaty and dumbed down for children. The campaign was big bright stupid and lacking substance. All the gimmicks and meme modes are to placate the babbies who want to dick around and play with legos, they can be fun but those types of minigames shouldn't be used to judge the multiplayer value of a first person *SHOOTER* game. Heck there is even a theater mode probably put in there so all you fucking children can go back and look at all da ebic explosions and le funne moments with the senpai on xbox party chat™. The saving graces of reach despite it's mediocrity was bungie toning down the braindead le epic pandering in the campaign and them changing around the physics of the game and at least trying something new with the armor abilities. It was still a shit game but better than the game that killed the series. Eat shit for life you fucking brainlet.

multiplayer wise, everything but h1 belongs under "oh shit nigger what are you doing"

Apparently, you haven't played Halo CE if you didn't see how repetitive it got on its second half, Reachkid. Being a contrarian bitch isn't going to get you far here.

It's Europoor hour, faggot.

Another example

If you hate how 4 elites look, whatever, I disagree aside from the armor which I admit is shit, but they OBJECTIVELY look closer to the 3 elites then Reach elites do

Reach elites look fierce, but they look more like monsters or demons then elites to me. 4/5 elites remain closer to the original elite anatomy while still looking fiercer.

Attached: elite heads (5).png (923x438, 390K)

>It's Europoor hour, faggot.
Got to bed then burger.

Mama mia, this pasta is a really gay.

>oh no, where's brown, bloom, and doom

He doesn't have an argument, that's why he's resorting to /pol/-tier insults

Get stabbed, Europoor.

Attached: elite heads (3).png (923x438, 281K)

>oh no, where's my super soaker
CE wasn't brown and bloom and it still managed to not look like everything is made out of candy. And neither was Halo 2 if you had bothered to play it. So I don't know what you are getting at with this post.

Campaign without Flood is best campaign.
Multiplayer was servicable

>Uses 3 as a base
Elites didnt always have poop colored skin and shitty little chicken eyes, stop embarrassing yourself 3babby.
Also, someone posted my image, nice.

Attached: p66gxpdbkiaz.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

>how repetitive it got on its second half

Two Betrayals and Keyes are kino, fight me.

It was a Halo game.

>Reach elites look fierce, but they look more like monsters or demons then elites to me. 4/5 elites remain closer to the original elite anatomy while still looking fiercer.
Reach look sinister, 343 look like down syndrome dinosaurs.

Again, comparing faces you never ever see in game.
Your nitpicking is so autistic its getting sad.

I never understood why Gears of War was so popular for a while. I absolutely hated it, tried it on hard and kept running out of ammo and having to camp in cover.

Wew. Did the elites canonically get the Klingon treatment and mutated into snuggly dinos in between CE and 2?

Except litterally in it is true.

It's closer to classic Halo then 4, it's got better weapon balance then 4, it's got better map design then 4, it's got the best forge in the franchise inarguably, etc.

It's got better MP then 4

It would make sense since you Europeans do have shit taste.

Yes, thats what i saying this whole time, theyre a homage to CE, not 2, not 3, to fucking CE but these autists keep posting their bullshit.
Fuck 3babies, they ruined halo discussion.

Halo 5 is easily the worst one ever made. They’ve already confirmed micro-transactions for infinite as well. Halo is fucking dead.

I could never get into gears because I don't like the football shoulder style of design as made popular by blizzard. The Dude McLargehuge-edness of it kind of wierds me out I honestly don't know why. I did play through the first game but honestly can't remember anything about it and I don't think I had that much fun with it.

I'm actually a 2fag.

>Elites didnt always have poop colored skin and shitty little chicken eyes

the 2 and 3 elite models are nearly identical, and the 4 elite model is far closer to the 3 one then reach is.

You see their face anatomy all the time you retard in botyh Reach and 4

And regardless, even if you DIDN'T see it, it's how the design is. There's multiple fucking armor sets in game, so the given quality of any armor set is clearly distinct from the anatomy.,

And we aren't even TALKING about design quality, just design similarity. Reach's zealot, field marshel, spec ops, ultra, and officer armor sets aren't exactly any closer to 3's armor sets then 4's are, either. So even if you go by """"""what you see in game""""""""", my point still stands: 4 elites atre closer to 3 elites then reach elites are

Attached: 279912-halo-reach.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

Well no wonder 343 elites suck, they look like the 3 elites.
Wow, thanks for proving me what a dumpster fire they made the 3 elites into.

I just like the Covenant vs Flood vs Sentinels in that level, wasn't a fan of repeating Assault on the Control Room backward.

>the 2 and 3 elite models
Okay?
No one was talking about those because theyre inspired by CE
>2fag
Just know your place

You mean trhe microtransactions in 5 that are for exclusively for cosmetics and a single game mode where even using real money doesn';t give you an advantage anyways?

>didn't get his own halo until 3
You're only proving my point.

No, the fact that you think Halo 5's movement "Makes up for halo's lack of movement complexity compared to other Arena shooters" is proof you've never played those games or were garbage at them.

None of the movement in halo 5 is hard to pull off like skiing in tribes or consistent bunny hopping in Quake. Furthermore, the core of those games is your ability to use their advanced movement mechanics to traverse the map while shooting. Halo 5 completely decouples all of its movement options from its gunplay and as such is in no way comparable to actual arena shooters.

You have incorrigibly terrible taste and I'm glad you are always ignored when you post your stupid pasta.

Invasion had crap design in terms of balance for each of the 3 sections.
It should be set up so the first section is the easiest for offense, and it becomes progressively harder - but often I've had games where both teams just shut down the other on their turn on defense.

Spire's final phase was also entirely based around whether Humans could grab the core immidietely after beating phase 2 before the Elites could respawn at the top.

>You see their face anatomy all the time you retard in botyh Reach and 4
And they look good, fuck you 2/3baby
>There's multiple fucking armor sets in game, so the given quality of any armor set is clearly distinct from the anatomy.,
Tell me all about the realistic anatomy of a humanoid elite reptile.
>Reach's zealot, field marshel, spec ops, ultra, and officer armor sets aren't exactly any closer to 3's armor
Stop comparing them to 3 you fucking retard

Between 3babbies and you Reachkids, you both need to be shot.

Exactly, almost nothing in Reach was good.

>people actually like ODST now
Wtf did i miss something? i remember people shitting on ODST like 8-10 years ago

Halo is babbies first fps. You are all casuals, scrubs, and plebeians and if Yea Forums wasn't fucking reddit trash these days this thread wouldn't get more than 100 posts, the majority of posts would be making fun of OP, and then all you failed-aborted children would get banned for being mentally underage.

Youre looking too far into the anatomy, lore etc, youre so creatively boring its sad.
R are a spiritual remaster of the CE elites, their presence, role, voice, design are the closest to them, even the classic shiny in their armor captured the "elite" more than the 3 hunchback redesign.
You wouldnt know anything about this again because youre a 2/3baby.
And the redesign isnt bad because it strays from the previous shitty 3 design if done well, which they did, theyre fierce warriors again and not screaming funny line spewing fat dinos.

>most gear costs millions of cr
>matches never gave more than 1,000 at a time
>"jackpot bonus increases if you finish matches
>finish matches for 5 years straight, never get it
>almost a decade later still didn't finish unlocking the armory

god fucking dammit

It was sold as a full price game and not Halo 3 DLC, which is what it essentially is.

>Spire's final phase was also entirely based around whether Humans could grab the core immidietely after beating phase 2 before the Elites could respawn at the top.
Looks like you didn't play enough of it, or were not long enough, it was notoriously easy to attack it from a Falcon and drop the core from the top. The hard part was really bringing it all the way to the exit point while under fire from all directions, but it was certainly very doable.

>exclusively cosmetic
Wrong nigger. They’re all over that war zone mode. Armor in Halo was cool, fuck yourself paypig bitch.

Not a reachkid retard, i swear you faggots cant differentiate from liking aspects from a game to sucking the games dick and saying it did no wrong, i have nothing to say about the MP, i played halo CE in 02 and have loved the elite design since then, reach is the closest to that design since CE not only in design but presence. elites are my favorite fictional race but not in a weird way like that furgaggot Vien, more something like if you fancy chaos warriors from 40k.

>matches never gave more than 1,000 at a time

It scales up as you complete more commendations. I received 3k a game by the time I stopped playing. If you've been playing for years you should have easily bought everything and had millions in the bank.

343 made all the aliens look the same, pulled Nu Star Wars before Star Wars.

You're Reachkid if you defend Reach and put it over any of the first three games, shut up.

True, grunts are generic goblins (wretches, nekkers)
Jackals are the opposite of their original silhouette, which is funny and sad (huge jaw, small eyes, when their noticable features used to be top heavy beak and huge bug eyes)
Elites, well, are doom demons now that wear armor that resembles the H3 brute armor the most.
Only decent design looks like to be the hunters, only because they couldnt fuck up the anatomy of a can of worms.

>Only decent design looks like to be the hunters, only because they couldnt fuck up the anatomy of a can of worms.

Don't fucking test them.

>i swear you faggots cant differentiate from liking aspects from a game to sucking the games dick
Learn to read faggot, the reach elites are better.
But i fancy the 3 MP more, CE trumps both though, i might aswell say youre not a real fan if you dont put CE first.

Reach Elites look closer. The 4's mandible design alone strays so far from the other games. And before you post that wire outline of their jaws, that doesn't follow the outline of said mandibles. None of the other Sangheili look like they're going to bite out their own eyes, nor do they have that fucking dome-like protrusion at the top of their heads.

Attached: .png (1456x1595, 971K)

Yes

quake is dead, time to let go loser

I've moved on from good fps games being dead long ago. You still haven't moved on from Halo being dead. Time to let go loser.

ITT: People arguing whether a game from the original creator of the series is more or less lore accurate compared with shitty sequels made by a terrible studio which considers the Halo series to be a book series.

Attached: 1503747994281.jpg (251x233, 54K)

>a terrible studio which considers the Halo series to be a book series
But they don’t.

Kind of. AA's ruined MP, Forge was mechanically better but the maps, as well as the lack of color, made it very dull. Maps were pretty shit. Arena failed hard.

On the positives, some of the new weapons were alright (grenade launcher was pretty good imo), vehicles could actually die, hit detection/netcode was better, invasion was alright, FF was cool when it worked.

Shame because it could have easily been a really fucking good game, but the bad decisions were REALLY bad. PC might actually be able to fix it enough to where it's the best Halo, but until then it's still in my shit book for being the beginning of the end. There's some things I'm glossing over, but that's because I'm literally going to sleep I after I post this.

Ty user I appreciate your post and wish you a good nights rest

Attached: Halo.jpg (1257x1600, 228K)

>vehicles could actually die,
This, i dont think anyone even liked the godmode halo 3 vehicles until they were removed, its why the banshee, hornet, scorpion and wraith were never spawned except for on a single map because of how much of a chore it was to kill.

343 considers Halo: Reach to be non-canon because this exists, and because this book was released before even Halo CE released, making Halo a book series from which video games were made. I wish I was making this up.

Go argue over their retarded forums if you disagree and have a ton of time to waste.

Attached: file.png (322x500, 362K)

i hope u know bloom will be off for mcc too.

Then they’re based. Could explain why they and Microsoft ignore it.

Great, the overpowered DMR will once again be turned into a destroyer of worlds, and people that won't play it will rejoice!

Reach, 4, and 5 all have shit vehicle health. Halo 2 and 3 had the best vehicles.

Usually the Elite's Banshee will just bomb the Falcon before it can even get a chance to take off.

And there isn't much the Falcon can do to the Elites inside the Spire.

>343 considers Halo: Reach to be non-canon because this exists,
halopedia.org/Operation:_RED_FLAG
Halo: Reach is still canon.

Attached: .png (819x1316, 715K)

4 had a few alright takes on certain gamemodes, like SWAT

Theres literally a sniper rifle looking at the banshee spawn, and you can team DMR the banshee to death. Elites cannot team NR the Falcon.

warthogs, ghosts, choppers are infantry/vehicle hybrids because you can actually kill the user without destroying the vehicle.
Vehicles like banshees and scorpions were a pain in the ass in 2/3.

People who are butthurt about Reach superseding TFoR fall into two camps.

>People who have never read TFoR.
>People who are butthurt that Reach sidesteps the two sentences of TFoR that actually deal with the Fall of Reach.

95% of the book doesn't actually deal with the Fall of Reach and is about the Master Chief and his buddies training to be Spartan IIs.

>Halo: Reach is still canon.
Fuck!

You could board them.

In the 2010 version of Fall of Reach, they added even more about Operation: RED FLAG at the end as a separate short story.

Attached: .jpg (2910x2848, 462K)

Does Halo 4 deserve the hate it gets?

No

Even moreso than Halo 5. The game launched with no weapons on map.

Dammit, it’s like Metroid Other M, I want it to be non-canon but it never will be.

Explain what you mean to a person who doesn't use Reddit, doesn't keep up with capeshit and hasn't played ODST.

What are the inconsistencies between Halo: The Fall of Reach and Halo: Reach?

There's actually not too many, considering the Autumn ends up in space anyways.

Attached: .png (1840x1878, 1.96M)

Campaign should have gotten more hate.
MP hate was justified, but i personally found it more fun than 5, and it had a really good pistol.

great ost
great lore
muh engineers
muh easter eggs
muh special operator smg
jazz for the soul/10

Attached: Pstd.jpg (496x501, 66K)

>MP hate was justified,

Give me the run down on the Halo 4 MP

343 tried to copy COD to steal their audience and halo players saw right through it because most of them despite COD, hate ensued

Anyone got links to Vien's google drives? I want to read the Halo books.

You forgot Spartans moved sower and no BR, closest weapon, the DMR was a 5 shot kill as opposed to H3s BR's 4shot.
The whole game looked uglier. Somehow it seemed pastel, plasticy and mostly cold colored. I thought it looked much worse than H3.

Adding Mythos sometime.
>Halo Art:

Art of Halo (Book):
drive.google.com/open?id=1VnI0vKtRS0rD8L1hpEkx5bftrJXwT50p

Art of Halo 3 (In Pictures)
drive.google.com/open?id=1qWPHlLoeCzVjcX7wI4dGAhWGRFNrC-n5

Art of Halo (CE-Reach Era)
drive.google.com/open?id=1KBTAvp2wnyTwvUFHTExLc0UBWou48RIq

Art of Halo 5 (In Pictures)
drive.google.com/open?id=1mDtbFr-6h0l0He333v869c1MPY6OTY95

Art Compilation from CE to 4
drive.google.com/open?id=1bKNyNhTz6alX8ewVdmKTqNP0O1dlnBla

>Lore:

Halo Books:
drive.google.com/open?id=1rglU1nAcBWVSz-MFJu36ZN6lS7sGCwFE

Warfleet:
drive.google.com/open?id=12OPIeuCRtjUKAuhS3Yxk0cRZhBkZL3g4

Attached: .png (1200x1200, 1.8M)

Couldn’t agree more.

>The whole game looked uglier. Somehow it seemed pastel, plasticy and mostly cold colored. I thought it looked much worse than H3.

Wasn't that because of the Xbox 360 hardware limitations?

Nice, thanks.

No, it was because Bungie wanted to change Halo’s style because they didn’t want to make a Halo game.

Console fps always bad

Cope

CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION

>Cope
From what? I just don’t play the game.

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

>doesnt play it but still cries about it
Cope

I'm not sure if hardware had much to do with it if H3 came out half a decade before reach and looked better. Maybe it was the filters or textures they used.
But H3's maps all had their own distinct feels. Some were cold and austere others vibrant and warm. All reach map's were somehow lifeless, dull and cold, maybe because they were recycled from the campaign as opposed to being specifically crafted for mp likely H3's maos. They also lacked crucial dynamic-changing spots like H3's The Pits rocket alley or Narrows jumps and rocket bridge. The weapons felt misplaced and unintentional in reach mp map's, except maybe for boardwalks sniper nest.

ODST was fun but Jesus user. It was nowhere near the level of the original trilogy. The lack of matchmaking or any real good multiplayer was kinda a deal break.

Pretty much, Halo 1-3 = soul, Reach = soulless.

No. I think it was great. But it made too many little mistakes. There is a foundation of a kino game there but compared to CE, 2 or 3 it falls flat. I'm really excited to play it on PC though.

Their mouths, makes em look really alien.

You see, microtransactions can come un many ways, i don't think they are going to be anything bad, maybe that you can just buy an armor piece if you don't want yo grind for points to get It. Similarly to Titanfall, which's microtransactions aren't that bad.

You really need to rethink how you view things. They aren’t Halo games so much as games set in the Halo Universe. I could kinda free on ODST though but Halo Wars is objectively not a Halo game. That’s like trying to call Hyrule Warriors a true Zelda game, or Persona Dancing a true Persona game.

>Halo CE and Halo 2 are shooters. Halo 3 turned the series into minecraft.
This. I'd go further and say Reach is a shitty cod knockoff mode in minecraft or roblox. People who gush over any Halo game after the second are braindead.

Attached: 1505691973973.jpg (411x613, 38K)

What's H2A multiplayer like? It's in the Halo 4 engine isn't it? Does it play well?

>MUH BLOOM
>Halo 3 BR had random spread on the third shot on a burst which was arguably worse

The term is “bluepilled” you retard.

It’s not halo 2, more accurate to call it franken-halo. opinions on the game vary greatly depending who you ask but generally people consider it to be worse than halo ce-3 but better than reach, 4 and 5

This game helped me realize my little brother may be autistic after he went on and on about this maze he made in forge world. I finally check out his maze and it is 100% symmetrical and the correct path was literally to just walk forward till you reach a teleporter. 10/10. My brother is retarded.

Are the button glitches in? How is the sticky launching physics?

no button combos, sticky physics are like halo 4 but slown down.

Attached: 8163BD43-79A0-4240-BA1E-74BCDCDB3837.gif (500x281, 1.89M)

Or calling a Metroid Prime game a Metroid game.

Spotted the zoomer brainlets.
During 2007 you were probably shitting your diapers and eating crayons, becuase Minecrap was your first game you immediately assumed everything else was influenced by it. But I've some bad news for you retards.
Minecrap came out half a decade after 3. Even reach came out a year before mc.

>sticky physics are like halo 4 but slown down
Can you launch them in halo 4? I never played it. 3 really chapped my ass by making them explode a couple feet after launching them - completely wiped out a fun facet and self challenge to gameplay.

>never played Reach before
>look it up and it actually had built in modifers for the gameplay with stuff like 300% movement speed
why does nobody ever bring those up? Those sound like enough to oust 3

I love how colorful Halo 1-5 and 2A mp is.

No it was minecraft because it placated your autism with minigames instead of having good shooting gameplay. You like it for your gay ass jenga, zombiez, driving maps, forge autism, puzzles, mazes and other faggotry instead of because of good shooting gameplay which it doesn't have compared to the previous games. It is minecraft because it catered to the children like you who would be infatuated with minecraft and lego autism rather than people who liked shooting games. Stupid zoomer proving that braindead comment right.

No. I started the series with Halo 2 and it's probably my favorite game besides 2. My only real complaint is that the movement in multiplayer seems a little slow but other than that I think it's great. Not as good as Halo 2, but I think it's better than 3, CE, 4 and 5.

I mean... no. You miss the point. They are Metroid games because the core gameplay loop is intact. Just in a different perspective. In the examples I gave, the gameplay loop has been entirely put aside with not even a shadow of what it originally was. That’s why I can kinda agree that ODST is a Halo game.

As an esports fag, you are the biggest faggot I've seen. I am a hyper comp DMR starts Zero Bloom No Sprint fag and I think you're a faggot for complaining about Jenga. Kill yourself, autist.

Can anyone answer my question? I'm just curious if they put it back in Halo 4 after bungie got rid of it in 3. Sticky launching being timing a sticky throw so that it travels past an explosion and get's launched great distances or hitting bank shots and try to hit a guy with it for crazy trick shots. The timing for it was 100% perfect in 2 but you could still do it in CE because sticky grenades didn't explode when near another explosion like in 3.

no you can’t launch them unfortunately, they explode after a few feet just like 3

And yet many of my greatest memories was on that shitty Saw Foundry map on Halo 3.

Oh well fuck. Thanks for answering me.

>tfw no Sangheili gf

>plays reach
>defends 3
>esports faggot
>illiterate brainlet
Yeah feel free to ventilate your brain, kiddo

It had the most customizable gametypes by far, on top of customizable firefight. Hell, I don't know any single fucking game that ever packed as much features and variety as Reach did.

It's a great game, the complaints about it are in-between borderline autism and "waaaah mommy the game isn't exactly like I wanted it to be". All Halo games have their flaws, people simply stopped complaining once a new game would release. Reach's only stick because it's the last game made by Bungie.

go complain about creative uses of the engine somewhere else faggot. imagine being uncreative.

VIP was lost from Halo 3 to Reach. Also the destructible pallet that was used in many Halo 3 forge maps was not brought into Halo Reach forge, at least not in forge world

I remember at release I dropped the game because all the mp maps felt like shit, were the dlc maps any better

Did you... did you not read his post? He started at Halo 2 and bounced back to CE before playing the all. You’re actually retarded aren’t you?

You've just proved, for the whole board to witness, how much of a zoomer you are. If you actually played H3 in its heyday you'd known custom and social was a filter to keep the kiddies away from flooding ranked playlists. A kid would go into swat, get btfoed and never come back, becuase he had fun casual map's.
H3 was the best shooter of the time. MLG actually felt like an arena shooter experience. H3's netcode was crisp af. If it weren't then the H2 pros wouldn'tve switched over.

But like Halo Wars the Metroid Prime series is a subseries to the Metroid main series.

I'm complaining about the shooting going to shit and the game changing focus to autism stroking instead of fps gameplay. Minigames can be fun for a bit just like Minecraft can be fun for a bit but good gameplay shouldn't be sacrificed for side shit. If you like Halo 3 as a sandbox engine for silly fun that's fine, I don't care for it but you can certainly like it it just isn't a shooter anymore and that's why that first post is accurate.

>swat
good bait

The mechanics of shooting literally aren't affected by enabling a one life game mode.
You definitely have autism. Just because some niggas surf in CSGO doesn't mean the competitive aspects of CSGO suffer. You are so retarded man. get help.

That’s not the point anyone on this board is trying to make. From the very beginning it was about the spirit of the game, not whether it had a number in front of it or not. Metroid Prime is a Metroid game. Halo Wars is an RTS set in the Halo universe but not a Halo game. The reason being that the core gameplay loop doesn’t exist.

Metroid Prime is a FPA set in the Metroid universe not a Metroid game, there are some key differences that keep it from being a Metroid game.

Swat, mlg, team snipers are prime difficulty modes. Sway is a great mode for polishing up the fundamentals and if you're good at swat you can pretty much carry your team to a W every time and not worry about random BKs.
Please get euthanasised and donate your organs. At least make yourself useful once in your life.

CORE GAMEPLAY. Understand that part and you understand it all. The core gameplay loop of Metroid is exploring a location and gathering upgrades that let you explore more locations until the credits roll. Core gameplay intact. Still a Metroid Game. It’s not about minor differences. Otherwise a game can’t evolve.

>using BK in 2019
>SWAT is great for fundamentals
You cannot bounce grenades in SWAT, and you cannot tech shots in SWAT.
Yike

Swat is a minigame mode the fact that you used it as an example of the good shit you want the kiddies kept away from is pure bait. Even you can't be that stupid to take swat seriously. It's on the same level as shotty-snipes, tower of power, griffball, and zombies its a joke mode. Swat being a ranked playlist in 3 is just evidence that Bungie catered to the children.

>Just because some niggas surf in CSGO doesn't mean the competitive aspects of CSGO suffer.
Most of CSGO is the core gameplay. Your analogy would only be correct if CSGO catered to surf players and the majority of the players only played it for surfing. Just stop getting so flustered over your favorite game being called minecraft.

Maybe he wasn't baiting. Do you 3fags seriously believe this shit? You guys really take swat seriously? Yikes. I don't know how I can even try and talk to you guys if you are honestly that far gone.

ANd Prime throws that out with its silly fetch quest after each game, Prime is also very combat and puzzle focus like a Zelda game.

Kys apologist shill.

What you are describing are additions to a core gameplay loop. Not a change.

I know this is probably a thinly veiled marketing thread designed to drum up discussion about the recent Reach PC footage, but I'm still looking forward to it and I can appreciate that I can get it off steam apparently.

You definitely have autism. seriously, get help.
You play a console shooter you retarded faggot.
>most of csgo is the core gameplay
go ahead and describe that to me since you know so much about csgo as a retard console nigger

Those aren't additions if their not part of the main games, the 2D games, even Nintendo themselves treat them like separate entities like Microsoft and 343 treat Halo and Halo Wars.

I have deluded myself into thinking it might get proper mod support and that it will have silly custom servers like the good old days

I wouldn't be surprised.

He's a Reachkid, he's a tranny. He has mental illness

Separate entities because they are objectively spin-off games. But they are also certainly Metroid games. They follow enough of the gameplay loop while adding things that are expected of spinoffs.

Be honest for once nigger, you probably thought it meant burger king lmao.
SWAT is about juking, headshots and team callouts. Which have universal carryover to other ranked modes. Besides Walshys plasma nade bounce, grenades are easy to learn.

No, I remember people using BK to mean bad kid back in 2011. It's immeasurably sad that you are still using it in 2019.

Shooting. Controlling bombsite. Planting the bomb. Aiming. Controlling spread. Managing buys. Precise Movement. Killing. Buying skins.

I don't play much CSGO anymore but that's the jist of it. I stopped playing Halo after 2 where it clearly looks like you are addicted to console shooter by how ass blasted you are acting.

Where did I talk about reach at all ITT?

Swat is about aiming, headshots, and shooting first which is trivial with all the aim assist and bullet magnetism in Halo and as long as you have a modicum of situational awareness and object permanence you will dominate that mode. Don't fucking pretend aiming is difficult in Halo the whole draw of the games is the options you get with the long ttk and strategy of coordinating with teammates to control power weapons. Swat is just point and shoot and don't be retarded.

Oh, so you're a casual who has seen some Counter-Strike gameplay. That's cool. I'll go ahead and ignore you now.

>juking
how do you juke a one hit kill when your only movement options are snail crawling, a crouch that removes all your momentum and a Simon Belmont jump that locks your velocity and makes lining up a headshot even easier than standing still

I was wondering the same thing.
Maybe because aiming with a controller is so shit that simply moving is "juking"

Good fuck off I'm tired of your irrelevant brainlet interjections when I'm trying to respond to other people. The fact that you champion CSGO over the previous CS games just makes me believe you are one of those gambling site kiddies anyway.

>that jump description
Thank you for that user. Made my night. I’m going home now.

>actually GO isn't even the kid CS
Oh, so you found some other opinions online to parrot too. That's cool.
I too love the Smiths and think modern music SUCKS!

what happened to GO that people stopped championing it as the return to 1.6 on Yea Forums? Was it really just the gun-hat update or did they really manage to fuck something since then?

I thought you left? What happened to
>I'll go ahead and ignore you now

>what happened to GO that people stopped championing it as the return to 1.6 on Yea Forums
People were championing it as the return to 1.6 on Yea Forums?

Are you okay user? Is this coming from somewhere deep in you? Do you need help?

It goes ways back to the H3 CoD4 days.
Are you retarded? I said in my earlier post it's for fundamentals. Easy to learn, hard to master.
>how do you juke a one hit kill
By gitting gud, silly bk.

>Are you retarded? I said in my earlier post it's for fundamentals. Easy to learn, hard to master.
Are you? I just explained how it isn't.

>It goes ways back to the H3 CoD4 days.
Not that guy but BK goes further back than that. I remember it getting thrown around often in Halo 2 along with "nub" and "get raped".

U two are autistic fucking retards

Where do U think we R?

Justifying your own autism by pointing out our location in no way negates the fact that are you in fact autistic.

You hate associating with auts that much but you browse a website filled with them? Weird guy.

Why are boomers so nostalgic for the Xbox 360 era?

my 20yo zoomerbro likes h3 swat too
he never played any of the fun custom games

I’m not that same user. I couldn’t give two shits. Just pointing out the flaws.

They were "gamer bros" living it up in fraternity and playing xboc with the duders. Now they are lucky if their wives let them stow away to the cuck shed to play their single game while the bull is over.

I know just seems weird to point out the obvious considering the company you are in.

bump

Attached: halo-elite-wallpaper-10.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

Why?

This

>there are people who think Reach isn't the best Halo
This is your brain on no sex.

Please stop bumping this shit thread.

Gaylo Reach around fags only having sex with the same sex

>99% of the porn is hyper tits+ass
if that's what your going for why even choose ayys over humans

Attached: screen.jpg (787x1128, 587K)

This

it's fucking disgusting teebeeaych

Silence.

Attached: Halo Tier List.png (622x609, 613K)

Move CE and 3 to the trashcan and replace them with 2

The 343 Elite heads are superior, they have a more convincing anatomy compared to the other two, I love the detail in it, down to the way the upper mandible wraps around the cheek to form an eye socket shape. It's very pleasing to look at.

Attached: 1550422271362.gif (320x240, 993K)

>You see their face anatomy all the time you retard in both Reach and 4

forgot a "pic related" here. also shows this

It's not even an issue of just face anatomy, either, it's body anatomy: 3 elites have relatively similar proportioned arms, legs, and torsos, and while 4/5 elites are a bit more musclar and less hunched over, there's a similar even proportiomnality to them

Wheras reach elites have pretty bulky upper bodies, yet skinny and thin and elongated legs.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you anons. I'm not pointing a gun at your head and demanding you to like 4/5 elites, i'm just reasonably trying to make a distinction between armor, anatomy, animations, and posting; and am correctly noting that 4/5 elite anatomy is closer to classic elites then reach elite anatomy is.

Well, 3 elites are even closer to 2 elites then to 4 elites, and 2 elites are also close to CE elites, so i'd have to ask what elite design you actually like then.

Unless you just mean how 3 fucked over the elite armor, in which case i agree, CE and 2 elite armor was way better. Same deal for posture: 3 elites are way more hunched over at most times.

m8 the entire debate and I the other user was having was if 4 or reach elites were closer to 3 elites in anatomical design.

>And they look good,
They look awful

>Stop comparing them to 3 you fucking retard
That's what we were disscussing you moron

And 4/5 elite anatomy does the same fucking thematic job of reach elites, un-hunchback-ifying them to make them stand up straight again, putting an emphasis on their fiercness rather then humanizjng them, giving them more monsterous and threatening apperance, etc, except it does so without totally changing their proportions

>None of the movement in halo 5 is hard to pull off like skiing in tribes or consistent bunny hopping in Quake.
Using them indivually, no, but chaining thrust, hover, slide, etc in tandem to make specific skilljumps with the right timing DOES take skill.

>Halo 5 completely decouples all of its movement options from its gunplay
I wouldn't mind being able to shoot while thrusting, sliding, etc, but Halo has never had a rule of "being able to shoot at all times"; meleeing for example has always penalized the player with a delay where they can't shoot afterwards; even after the melee animation ends.

And even if that particular point of mine is wrong, there's still like 15 other ones thaere thhat aren't

This is all fucking besides the point though as in THAT post I was just corretly noting that 5's MP is a massive improvement over 4's. E

this is MY favorite kind of elite head

Attached: zsohardrincoming.png (1323x858, 593K)

The last good game Bungie made.

Campaign was disappointing. Multiplayer had shitty features like loadouts and armor abilities that ruined how maps worked. Forge mechanics saw a major upgrade, but the assets we're absolute dog shit. Custom games was a step back with the absence of alpha zombies. Firefight lacked the survival feeling that odst had. The reward for co-op and doing anything other than multiplayer made it feel worthless. 50 Cr for a campaign mission, but 1500 Cr for an online match.

What about Destiny?