Have you ever seen a GM in an MMORPG?

Have you ever seen a GM in an MMORPG?

Attached: cx6f8dtabxb21.png (1920x1080, 3.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tfosmux.org/main.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah some dude had a problem with his bags or whatever and the GM fucking popped in the dungeon to help him. He then morphed us into funny shit after he was done. Good times.

One contacted me once after I logged a ticket trying to find my ingane wife that jumped server. I ended up finding some other way of tracking her down anyway.

>harassment
what happened

I've seen ~10ish jmods in Runescape. Also uncountable amounts of staff members in Realm of the Mad God because I was a tester, but that doesn't really count.

while waiting for the dark portal to open a GM made random people super massive and swam through the air.

Parked our mounts on event quest givers

Once.
I was in the wilderness after they completely raped it (2nd day after update) and I saw this admin and I just told him "Nice going you fuuking r3t4rd"
I was banned but I'm not sure if it was permanent or not, didn't care since game was dead.

there was a really friendly gm on a small mmo, she was super nice with the players and would often pop into the game to help players arround

based

I got mail from a GM telling me to ask him if I had any questions about the game when I started playing EVE around 2014. Saw a couple of ISD flying around big fights and trade hubs in Cockroaches or whatever. Actual CCP staff aren't allowed to play the game outside of special occasions, if I remember correctly

Only GMs on private servers for like Ragnarok Online, but that's literally Janitor tier since they do it for free too. And it's usually on a server that matters less.

I saw all (or most) of Wildstar’s GMs in one place during the last hours of the game. They were turning people into animals and making them super big and stuff.

Had a GM in the kill shot for Twilight Council heroic. The door bugged and after he assisted us, he stayed around for the kill.
Boosted the morale quite a bit, since he cheered us on after each try and we killed it soon after he appeared.

Once back in MoP.

>friend was multiboxing and he wasn't able to move for a minute
>he used /say to jokingly call a GM out "hey GM can you stop".
>He actually gets a GM whisper reply
>All of us crowd around him and say hi to the GM
>GM starts tossing us into the air for fun
>After 5 mins GM says he has to go

When Tabula Rasa was still alive, I remember this one guy spent almost 20 minutes in zone chat for one of the early zones begging for items and power leveling. A GM finally showed up and was like "Lemme help you out, bud" and spawned an end game mob on his face.
When he instantly died and began to whine about it, the GM was just like "I thought you wanted exp??"

Once in Tales of Pirates.

have you PK'd a GM/Staff Member Yea Forums?

Cringe

I have seen GMs in WoW but only during beta events.
I used to play on an old small MUD back in the late 90s... and by small I mean small, it had maybe 200 users total and typically no more than 10-15 online at any given time. But that was fine because it wasn't a dungeon crawling MUD with levels, it was meant for roleplaying. Anyway, the GMs were actually characters in the world that would interact with the rest of the players. They remained in-character and weren't blowing people up or anything, they were just the guys who ran the MUD. And holy shit I just checked and it's still up. No idea if it is still active though: tfosmux.org/main.html

Multiple times in early Maplestory, it was pretty cool.
And while not MMO, but
>that time in 2006 playing ROBLOX when it first released and the devs regularly played games with others

GMs in Everquest used to come out and do events for newbies from time to time. Most of the time this meant roleplaying as a named mob and either attacking people or giving out special quests. My friend once got very high level gear for answering a riddle from one RPing as an ancient treant.

Got stuck and one appeared to see what happened, used a /laugh emote at me, and teleported my character out. Was extremely embarassing but kind of funny.

Only on some backwater RO PVP private server.
It took the whole server but we did it because the GM went AFK and he forgot to go invis/invincible so we just had like 30 people beating the shit out of him for like 10 minutes. About two hours later there was a serverwide message of "WHAT THE HELL"

A few times in FFXI

Back when I used to play Perfect World, yes.

Attached: 74590537_p0_master1200.jpg (600x617, 83K)

Attached: 1556363945883.png (917x79, 12K)

GM's on FFXI are all level 1 but have god mode turned on. One day a GM went to answer a call in I think Dragons Aery where Fafnir/Nidhogg spawn. The GM forgot to activate god mode and got killed by a mob. There is a pic floating around of the GM asking the players for a Raise.

A lot of times during the alpha/beta for WoW.
Classic had them a fair amount. BC beta also, a bit less in BC.
WotLK was when it was taken over by activision and they were forbidden from interacting in character

Attached: Wow (108).jpg (1280x1024, 358K)

tell me he has nothing to do with the other so called "roi lennon"

>Mortis
>House Imperium
oh no

Matrix Online. It had a dedicated team whose job was to play as specific characters in the main storyline and interact with the player base. Half the time this was in the form of factional meetings. I remember as a Machinist, helping our Agent liaison track down a rogue program everyone was after, and once we'd cornered him, the Agent stepped in to take him on in PvP in a circle all of us made around them. Then the Agent got fucking deleted by the rogue janitor program and everyone went ballistic and started fleeing the scene. It eventually culminated in the creation of a female Agent with more emotive expressions to better interact with the Machinist's human agents. Game was great before it got sold off and gutted.

ANet staff used to play WvW on GW2 and you could kill them and get an achievement for it.

not me but my faggot friend did (private server)
it resulted in a permanent IP range ban. all of my characters, including my main with 750 resets, vanished.
never talked to him since.

Wow what an edgy faggot.

In SMT: Imagine
GMs ran trivia night on Thursday and had other community events multiple times. It was pretty fucking great. This was my first real MMO so imagine my surprise when I learned that other games GMs were literally banbots.

I did meet a GM in FFXIV after I got jailed for shitposting on party finder over buying a girlfriend. Apparently that's RMT

Attached: d6g48br-8a62caf8-e3d3-4453-9bdc-d25845bb7222.jpg (1024x768, 437K)

Yeah, that reminds me of one time in vanilla a gm came to blasted lands and opened the dark portal just for me and my friends. It was cash.

Got 7-day suspension from it and missed the event completely.
That's okay because they lost my $15/mo

That didnt happen, why do you lie on the internet?

Used to happen all the time on pre-WoW mmos

There was one MMO I played where a GM would sometimes come on and offer rewards for anyone who could successfully PK him

Went underneath Stormwind using that weird mesh gap in the trade district. While running around underneath there, I fell into some kind of void and just started falling infinitely. Contacted a GM to get me out of there, as it was impossible to hearth out. GM teleported to me just to see where I was, and for a few minutes we were both falling side by side, before they teleported me to the graveyard in Elwynn.

>Act like a fucking faggot and break the rules set by the developers
>Gets mad when punished
Lmao

Once in a private server. I was flying around Stormwind and a GM happened to be hanging around next to the auction house, saw me flying, froze my character and told me I was getting banned for hacking.
Then I made up an excuse about how I was lagging and that's probably why it looked like I was flying and that fucking retard actually believed me.

Find in the EULA/ToU that afking with a mount is against the rules.

In the earlier days of German Flyff, the GMs were very involved and I've seen them frequently.I got the chance to talk to one of them too, but I was like 15 years old and too stupid to say anything good

>buy game
>say word/do thing
>money stolen

I'm really glad to hear they punished fags like yourself for acting like niggers.

Buy some common sense with the 15 bucks you save now

There isn't one for every specific circumstance but there is one that says "Do what a GM tells you to" and he literally gave you a warning to stop.

Rofl that's how the "i want to be more experienced" wish works in baldur's gate 2. The genie spawns a bunch of tough af mobs.

>purposefully try to ruin other players' experience (who also pay a sub)
>violate the ToS
>get banned for being a nigger
>go online and cry
Should have been a permaban desu

>they were forbidden from interacting in character
why?

Not having your $15/mo is infinitely more preferable to having to deal with high maintenance customers who scare away other potential well behaving customers.

Rofl @ all those summerfags being upset at your besedness.

I've seen GMs fuck around before downtime and updates. Once they spawned Ragnaros in orgrimmar.

When you make a account on battle.net you agree that you dont own anything you spend money on on their platform, as well as they got the right to take away anything you spent money on as its purely a rental agreement. In the EULA there is also clearly stated that you are not allowed to harass other players. And blocking people from doing a activity like a event is considered harassment by Blizzard.

>Buy game
>actively disturb other peoples experience in said game
>Get mad that action was taken to please the majority of players over a single sperglord

Once I had to go to the hospital and the connection couldn't handle the cities. I was logged out in orgrimmar with my hearth set to dalaran, so I got a GM to port my character to thunder bluff so I could log in.

I got my friend's account suspended for 3 days because I stashed all his equipment in the bank and then threw him under stormwind
he thought he was hacked and didnt know where to go so he made a ticket, GM banned him for "fraud"

he stopped talking with me for a couple weeks

thats pretty funny
now we just need a sol isekai anime about clumsy gm trying to solve people problems and messing things up

Why'd you do that, user?

yea many times cuz my account got hacked pretty often.

He was logged in at my place and fell asleep on my couch bottomless.

Sounds like a very Australian thing to do.

Maybe he's from somewhere that's chill about being naked with your friends. Like Finland.

People still don't realise that you can walk into someone's mount and click on the questgiver? It's like they don't even try. My friend did this on WoD release when everything was broken and people got really pissed at him, not realising that the quest was actually broken.

You don't put your bare ass or your cock on anothers man's couch