So there's some indications that Control is going to be used as a means to tie in all of the events in Quantum Break...

So there's some indications that Control is going to be used as a means to tie in all of the events in Quantum Break and Alan Wake before it into the same universe. Which sounds really damn interesting, in all honesty.

Also general Control thread I guess.

Attached: control-ds1-1340x1340.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailystar.co.uk/tech/guides/718869/Quantum-Break-2-Xbox-one-Microsoft-sequel-Remedy-Entertainment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so what? this will be yet another game that's left open to a sequel that will never happen.
we will never know what happens to alan after his revelation
jack will never back to get beth
and whatever ever cliffhanger this game ends on will never be resolved either.

Remedy DOES want to make a sequel to Alan Wake though. They even have alpha gameplay for it. It's just never been practical to dedicate significant amounts of development time to it.

If Control pills on through, then it's likely that they can actually get the time to work on Alan Wake 2. And an expanded universe to work off of too.

I think Control is going to tie them together in a meta-narrative not-exactly-canon way. I'm still looking forward to it though.

That's probably going to be it, most likely. Though the numerous references to AWE's across all three games is definitely notable.

Do I get time control wizardry and flopping like a fish jumps so I can pretend to be max payne?

I'm still mad.

Attached: mp3.jpg (616x353, 54K)

No time control far as we've seen, but you're essentially a gravity god with telekinesis powers. The game play also doesn't reward you for sitting still like a duck like its two predecessors judging from gameplay thus far. You actually have to take the fight to the enemy or you'll die.

More than a few are.

I like the enemy designs and concepts.

Also, it's not like Remedy hasn't made sequels before. They probably want to follow up on those hooks they left, but can't at present for some reason or another.

Im not, the gameplay was solid and story still cheesy as any max payne game

This pretty much. MP3 isn't a bad game by any stretch. And it's honestly one of the better third additions to a franch8se in vidya.

Attached: Control_12-20-18.jpg (600x338, 115K)

Attached: 1531234977542.webm (480x600, 1.23M)

too bad its going to have like 10 hours of video game so its just going to make me sad after it ends in one day

>whiteppl

I would say around 15 because apparently there are side missions and backtracking to old areas using new gadgets ala Metroidvania.

Alan Wake was pretty decently long all said. If Control is anything like that, and you take the time to go through everything the Oldest House has to offer, you've probably got a fair bit of content ahead of you.

>shitting on based sam lake

Attached: 1448664613425.jpg (422x422, 48K)

Excellent.

Is this another Epic Games exclusive?

By that, you mean The Pirate Bay exclusive.

And yes. Yes it is.

Attached: 1553849389896.jpg (590x550, 40K)

It's also coming on PS4 from what I've heard. Amongst others.

This is pretty much an SCP game in all but name. I really like that.

Doubt it since Microsoft is blocking Alan Wake and Quantum Break being used in any fashion.

We’ll probably just get a small nod towards them as an Easter egg at most.

Microsoft is just really fucking salty that Remedy decided to strike out on their own. Not even sure why, since to them, Alan Wake and Quantum Break would be effectively made no major profits.

*would have*

>Microsoft is blocking Alan Wake and Quantum Break being used in any fashion.

Wait what? Do you have proof of this?

You better not be fucking with me here.

Attached: 1549166169469.jpg (450x526, 67K)

Sam is too pure for this world.

Microsoft owns the IP for those games. There's an interview somewhere with Sam Lake saying they can't make more because of Microsoft.

Quantum Break was kinda trash though.

Here's the interview: dailystar.co.uk/tech/guides/718869/Quantum-Break-2-Xbox-one-Microsoft-sequel-Remedy-Entertainment

I'm sure he's said it elsewhere as well.

Eh, I quite liked it. Nothing ground breaking, but it hooked me. It (and Halo MCC/Reach) is the reason I still have an Xbox One.

>They can't make more because of Microsoft
Are you fucking kidding me?

The least they could do is to have those games made but be exclusive to Xbox and PC.

But no. Instead, they're cock-blocking Remedy from making them at all, most likely because
>lol, we have no plans for it yet, eat a dick

I hope Microsoft's HQ burns down from a fire. I'm so fucking mad.

Attached: 1548920024856.jpg (2732x1536, 818K)

Yeah it will probably be Remedy's longest game yet. And it's getting expansions afterwards.

No it sounda stupid and lazy you dumbass. Im tired of shared universes.

Didn't these retards literally refuse microsoft when asked to finish the Alan Wake story?

>H/W Won't be good enough for another 3 years to play Control @1080/60

Quantum Break just hits 60, maxed out 1440p on 1080/4790k.

Didn't Quantum Break have Night Springs and Old Gods of Asgard media in it already?

Suits at nearly any big corporation don't understand why NOT fucking their lesser studios might be a good idea in the long run.

i think it's 12 month egs exclusive before steam gets it

>And it's getting expansions afterwards.
Nani?

I'm looking forarrd to Control, the footage of it reminds me a lot of Psi Ops and I like Remedy a lot. I was planning to buy it at launch but now that it's an Epic exclusive I'll just pirate it.

They announced 2 expansions will be made for Control. One at the end of the year and another next year IIRC

>lel I'll jsut pirate it
Even if it wasn't available on other platforms, I'd still call you a retarded faggot.

Reminder Alan Wake was supposed to be open world and was cut down by M$

I'd rather not use a controller to play a shooter. And I'd rather not use the Epic store. So piracy it is. I woulda been happy to support it, I like Remedy, but if they're gonna make me jump through hoops to give them money, I'm gonna decline. Maybe I'll buy it on sale on steam or gog in a few years.

Honestly, kind of glad Remedy decided to try things on their own. Fairly certain that trying to pitch a concept like Control to Microsoft would've just ended with them telling Remedy to shelve it and make something more appealing to casuals and handhold-needy autists.

Epic Store or no, I'd still lend my support to them because Remedy makes good to great games, and is willing to go outside of its own box, for good or for ill. And honestly, the "EPIC BAD STEAM GOOD" silliness is tiresome.

On the one hand, yeah, its good and I'm glad, and I hope Control makes them a bunch of money.

On the other hand, fuck it hurts to leave a game series unfinished.

>all that marketing about how powerful Intel's quad core processors were gonna be via a tornado demonstration.
>it was gonna have a day/night cycle, so if you were busy driving out in the middle of the woods after sunset, you'd be fucked.

user, please. Anymore of this, and I might die of maximum blood pressure.

Attached: 1549349595703.jpg (1664x1080, 636K)

And the Sudden Stop was also there. And with the plot of Quantum Break, it wouldn't be hard to believe that it and Alan Wake share a setting.

I don't care how tired you are of hearing it, tard. It doesn't change the fact their storefront is hot garbage and I refuse to support exclusives on it.
I'd be happy to support Remedy, but they need to meet me halfway. If they want my money then they need to sell it on a marketplace I'm willing to use. Doesn't have to be Steam, I'd be fine with buying it on gog or humble. Hard pass on Epic.

Jsut goes to show that large companies should never be trusted when it comes to vidya. They will always fuck over content creators for a faster buck.

At least we got a good story out of it.

'K. Highly doubt Remedy even knows nor cares about you and your money. Other people will buy the game, other people will play it, and they won't have to both utilize scummy methods that give the creators nothing for their hardwork as well as being scummy persons in general, to do so.

Attached: e92.jpg (1280x1267, 110K)

Huh. Should've guessed given that it's Remedy, but still.

If they don't care about my money, then so much the better, then they aren't missing out from my piracy. I'm not concerned about being "scummy", the entire digital distribution model is set up to fuck the consumer, the least they can do is offer the game on a storefront that's convenient and not a worthless piece of shit.

It was fine for what it was. Clunky, but fine.

'K.

Pretty much my sentiment...all this hurr durring about muh devs not getting paid.I don't give a fuck,lel.

This game is gonna flop hard af. Remedy can't make a hit anymore.

Ooohh muh ebil Microsoft. Is quantum break mediocrity MS fault too? I'm sure Microsoft wants big name hyped exclusives to fail. At least Alan Wake was decent.

People saying games will "flop" are usually proven wrong pretty hilariously, especially on here. It might not become the next big thing, but I doubt it will 'flop'.

How much are you being paid?

Attached: Untitled_(2).png (1749x1420, 1.26M)

The Hiss has done nothing wrong.

Yeah, I'll believe you.

Next you'll tell me the Dark Presence had good intentions.

Attached: 1551324562064.gif (540x304, 957K)

>muh paid shills
Take your evil boogwyman shit somewhere else. Game devs are fucking crybaby faggots. It's always lowkey MS fault when they fail to fucking deliver

>Next you'll tell me the Dark Presence had good intentions.
Did it not? Everyone was clearly having a good time when they became Taken. Wake just couldn't understand and panicked.

Sorry mate but this has onvious flop written all over it. As soneone who played all Temedy games, i look fkrward to buying for $20 a few months later. Maybe after it flops then MS can add another AA dev to the stable

>unironic MS shill in this very thread
Always love it when the desperate and delusional play themselves.

For some reason I’m really looking gorward to this game. The huge interior setting, paranormal/deminsional stuff, atmosphere and powers have me hooked. I feel like this is the closest to a triple-a game I’ve been excited for in years. The shit of it is I’ve never played an Alan Wake game. I guess they were never marketed to me or what I saw looked like a boring generic shooter with some paranormal shit mixed in. Of course I concede I know nothing concrete about either game.

Attached: 1D5D6CA8-7EDE-4F5B-AC4A-F14119821FDC.png (919x1000, 603K)

>metroidvania
>flyan
>throwing books at spookies
>SCPs
>MC has a good outfit and a butt
>aesthetic clunker computers
it's going to be My Shit but I don't expect good discussion on Yea Forums... hopefully shitposters will ignore it for the most part since it's a multiplat.

Alan Wake is a rare case of a game managing to do cosmic horror right, if only via narrative. It's honestly really fun for what looks to be a simple shooter at first glance.

>they were clearly having a good time.

Yeah. A good time killing random locals in the ass end of the night. Nigga, take a look at the diner lady when she was touched by the Dark Presence. If you think her monotone voice spells out "sunshine and rainbows", then you're delusional.

Plus, most of the Taken arent even themselves anymore. They're practically puppets made by the Dark Presence.

Attached: 1555387368944.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>Alan Wake ends on cliffhanger, its sequel also ends on cliffhanger
>Quantum Break beats CIA in the end, but introduce another villain for cliffhanger
Sam Lake cant end his game properly for shit. If you stop introducing hanging plot points you wont need sequels.

>its sequel also ends on cliffhanger
It literally ends with a promise that Alan will eventually reunite with his wife and they'll live happily ever after.