Is Witcher 1 the biggest pleb filter in vidya?

Is Witcher 1 the biggest pleb filter in vidya?

Attached: witcher1 chapter 4.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V9es3gtxHMU
youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw
youtube.com/watch?v=OpYMr1cUjjg
youtube.com/watch?v=O8dBg2mlyJY
youtube.com/watch?v=rKfMg3WhKHs
youtube.com/watch?v=VgMqhGjLyKs
youtube.com/watch?v=L0Xh_oeQ2-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

Attached: wwbf.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

I had a bug where the cow followed me forever in that zone

Probably. I can't play it because no controller support (gimped hands so KB+M causes cramps) meaning it keeps controller fags away including casuals.

Witcher 1 is the most casual game in the series. Its combat system is so easy.

Attached: images (2).jpg (220x175, 6K)

>Slogged through the first three acts, had a good time at first but trying to complete all sidequests was a big mistake because almost all of them are tedious fetch quests and random battles
>Finally peter out and lose interest over 40 hours in when I get to act 4
>Find out a year later that's when it finally kicks into high gear, but it was too late to go back

Attached: 1457093022966.jpg (766x960, 125K)

there's absolutely nothing wrong with tw1

You can always map controllers to your liking somehow.

lmaoing @ ur lyf

>he didn't like the detective mystery

Yeah I know and I'll probably do that one day.

Fair enough

I loved the detective mystery. I just didn't like the tedium of crawling through the fucking swamp for the twentieth time and being jumped by drowners for the two hundredth time.

Attached: 1336850952362.png (962x697, 49K)

Fair enough. I guess I'm a masochist since I actually unironically liked the swamp.

Attached: swamp.jpg (1920x1080, 931K)

I actually liked the swamp too.

I do plan to go back to it one day and finish a full playthrough, so hopefully I can see it the same way you do.

Attached: tw1.jpg (1221x82, 11K)

This based man redpilled me on women

>play through to act 3
>glitch corrupts my save file
>never go back

why do people hate swamp levels? I like them, swamps are mysterious, I also like the aesthetic

boring color scheme.

The first one is the only Witcher game I finished. It looked really pretty and had some interesting quests. I found 2 really ugly, 100% tedious and boring.

It's the only decent game in the franchise

FUUUUUUCK. Act 4 is PEAK comfy RPG though. That is the best part of the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=V9es3gtxHMU

Thotpilled

I remember having a stupid bug that when loading in a new zone the run speed of geralt differed massive. from slowmotion to sonic speed.
I was once so fast in swamps that I traveresed it in less than 15 seconds.
Was pretty shit.

how do i get past the professor and the big spiders

it's the ultimate Yea Forums bait
charming eurojank with far superior sequels but the contrarians on here can pretend it's the best in the series

Cast aard on wooden pillars as you retreat. It will make rocks fall from the ceiling and will slow down the monster

was he, dare I say, /ourguy/ ?

Had the best combat of the series and comfy Slav fantasy setting which was lost in the sequels

3 > 1 > 2

>Enjoyed Witcher 1 immensely
>Hardly enjoyed 2, took me years to finally finish it
>can't play 3 for more than a few hours without getting bored, will never go back to it
What happened

The combat in 2 was so bad I quit after the tutorial.

I liked it. It was relaxing

>want to play Geralt as he was in the books
>Witcher 2 combat
t-thanks CDPR

I played until I had to fight a group with an archer. After several defeats I tried to be tactical and attack the archer right after he had shot. The fucker blocked me during a weapon switching animation. I had enough at that point.

Chapter 4 is one of my favourite sections in any game ever, the atmosphere is fatastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw

fuck azar javed

I enjoyed 2 about as much as I enjoyed 1, though 2 was heavily carried by Roche. I still think witcher 1 is the best game in the series. 3 is an open world game with a linear game's content. It would have been ten times better if they'd just made it linear.

Yes. I couldn't beat the second area. It overwhelmed me with quests and the ambient noise drove me up the fucking wall.

Even though it was kind of a filler chapter it was pure kino.

It's a shame that TW1 is the only game with vodyanoy.

Attached: vodyanoi.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

>That sword is for monsters
One of the best game endings of all time

Tbh its one of the greatest RPGs and in my opinion much better than 2, 3

this, so much this

as soon as i started playing i couldn't stand borderline retarded dialogues, W1 is simply a BIG no for me, to the point where i don't want to try W2 or 3

>enter swamp
>youtube.com/watch?v=OpYMr1cUjjg starts

your loss.... gotta be.

Pure kino

Pure KINO

Attached: lady of the lake.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

Witcher 1 has soul

>enjoyed the witcher 1 like a kid
>enjoyed the witcher 2 even more
>enjoyed the witcher 3 at the point it became my favorite singleplayer game

you gotta play then in order though, you will appreciate all the little improvements

Attached: 1551740108238.png (1280x720, 1.06M)

Attached: wdfasdfasfg.png (499x410, 98K)

>Play TW2
>That sword is dogshit
I was a little upset

But then it's good again in TW3 so all is forgiven.

youtube.com/watch?v=O8dBg2mlyJY

The witcher also learns that normally, dryads only have sex for procreation, which leaves our poor witcher with not much to offer being sterile.

Attached: 1552759450218.jpg (3560x2039, 2.09M)

fuck.

>dated controls
>hard to play after playing any of its sequel

Its retroactively become a casual filter, much like deus ex1 or system shock1

god, I used to fap to these so much

how dare you abuse this tread

I forgot. You bang her, right?

>new quest: visit x character
>go to marker
>they aren't there
>wait
>still aren't there

Attached: 1471972613699.png (633x758, 440K)

>Bang the witch in the cave
>Let the mob have her because of the fucking voo doo dolls in her house
>She was innocent according to the ghost in chapter 4
I don't regret it

Attached: Sneed dab.gif (680x278, 197K)

>comfy levels
>great sidequests
>even better main quest
>romance doesn't force you to pick between sorcerer cunt number one or sorcerer cunt number 2, instead you can date the best girl in the series and tell Triss to go fuck herself
>combat is boring but the alchemy system and all the preparations before fighting make up for it
True GOTY, even if I hated the first couple hours

no m8, she PURE

Then why is the slut naked?

2 > 1 > 3

The beast was true pleb filter

i'm pretty sure you bang her

Soul.

Attached: soul.jpg (1920x1080, 454K)

Witcher 2 felt like a massive step backwards though. Hurray, the combat is more action-based! Shit, the game has become infested with everything that made late 00s early 10s console games fucking atrocious.

Going into 2 after playing 1,you want to go back.

>That first ginger witch card
Pure Hnnnng

I want to address the elephant in the room
Zoltan's face in TW1.

Attached: 1549781154009.jpg (3240x3984, 1016K)

what the fuck was with 2 feeling like it took place in warhammer fantasy? all the designs were turned up to 11 and it looked ridiculous. 1 and 3 were at least more grounded in what inspired the series.

i got the retail enhanced edition of 2 years ago, and to this day i still haven't finished act 3 even once. Dark mode was probably a bad choice, but even then the game was boring as shit with no stakes nowhere as high as W1.

Geralt suddenly being this weird mix of realistic arcadey swordsman aping dark souls rolls left and right was the worst part, his superhuman twirls and jumps as the styles evolved in 1 was the best shit

Attached: 1454919062940.jpg (500x511, 237K)

What about it?

Who loved all three games here?

Act 2 was absolute kino and only found boring by retards with adhd

Biggest offense in TW2 was the fact that potions did NOTHING because of how short they lasted, you could literally only fucking make use of them if you KNEW the fight was coming

I spammed Igni the whole game, is it worth replaying the “right” way?

Your mother sucks dwarf cock!

all the good swords and the endgame armor being complete trash and the armor redesigned into ass was the first spit in my face that made me realize they were too good for their PC roots. It was way too obvious their day 1 deal with microsoft for the 360 port (which they denied they had anything to do with at first) coloured all their decisions for 2 and onwards.

yeah, i don't think i downed more than 5 potions through the entire game. The whole siddown and calmly drink that shit was a nice touch, but it would only have worked with the potion duration in the first game and even then it's an awful slowdown of the game. how anyone can go and call W2 or 3 GOTYs is beyond me

Attached: 1545321622391.gif (203x288, 845K)

act 2 is the best act

>The romance is decided with giving the magic child to the person who knows about magic or to the person who knows fuck all about magic

Attached: 1534812771978.jpg (800x800, 175K)

I'm absolute pleb and i love this damn game. Chapter I and II were a pain in the ass but i ended up loving the game and its atmosphere. Although i tried to play it again not long ago and somehow going back to a Geralt with amnesia, no Ciri and no Yennefer made me depressed. It was such a strange feeling of being lost in life.

so many fights are preceded by a cutscene too so you have no time to prepare whatsoever

The real detective mystery is how the fuck do people end up going to the swamp so many times they get bored of it. It's like one of the most basic things you learn while playing CRPGs that you should try to gather all quests before heading out to do them. Are all people complaining about it just consolefag secondaries who never played a boomercore CRPG before? That's my working theory.

And no, my post doesn't imply what you're about to respond.

>And no, my post doesn't imply what you're about to respond.

Attached: 1549138768472.jpg (362x346, 38K)

look at that nose. oh, lad!

He's fucked whatever you do, so I rather go with the only mature, good and caring character in the series

Dice Poker or Gwent?

Attached: cirigwent.png (949x960, 1.16M)

I just played Bloodborne and got my Insight to 80 and I saw someone typing "hurrr urgh YOU STILL HAVE TO GO TO THE SWAMP MORE THAN ONCE durrrph".

dice poker was comfy as fuck

Except Shani in W1 is a little bit of a cunt. I genuinely believe they soft retconned her a bit with 3

TW2 storytelling is the best of the trilogy, and probably the best in video games overall.
I loved all three games though.

you are right

Both are good but playing dice poker with a ghost will never not be funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=rKfMg3WhKHs

Attached: gambling ghost.jpg (2000x1125, 743K)

Shani would be perfect if she wasn't such a ridiculous retard over Alvin. Regardless of whether she would be a better parent than Triss the kid is hopped up on crazy magic blood and can do crazy shit. He's fucking dangerous.

>Shani would be perfect if she wasn't such a ridiculous retard over Alvin
I dunno about you guys, but I've seen women do extremely retarded shit because kids (Not even their own) were involved.
>Wants to buy some kid something
>"No, we barely even know his paren-"
>"DO YOU HATE CHILDREN?>!!?!?!"
>Wants to let some shithead stay at the house because they have a kid and "we can't let the kid starve"
>"Well, letting a drug addict into the house because they have a kid sounds pretty stu-"
>"THAT KID WILL STARVE AND DIE, THINK OF THE KID"
Women can't make tough decisions if children are involved, even if said decision is merely staying out of the conflict

Attached: 1554711684927.jpg (778x813, 362K)

yup

that's what you get for not being born properly
maybe next time you won't fuck it up tho

Witcher 1 is unironically the only game in the series that has a SOUL

Why is this pircture so much more comfier and filled with soul than Novigrad with all it's props and NPCs?

Sure, but she's extremely sweet compared to Triss

1 is by far the best in the series.
3 was good but it didn't have the depth of immersion of 1.

Definitely a pleb filter, though I can't imagine playing without FCR1.1

These cards were unironically great, I loved hunting for sex. They were also a huge Onions filter

Yeah 2 is definitely the weakest of the three.

wrong
wright

I'm not sure it's better, but I definitely like it more

>2>
2 is the worse, by far.
3 felt like they tried to take what made 1 great, giving it a more action combat and making it an open world. Unfortunately they forgot that open world games are fucking awful
1 > 3 > 2

Attached: 1549866765201.jpg (600x918, 102K)

I honestly have no idea how it holds up. The last time I've played it was about 2012 but back then it was fucking great and I beat it 3-4 times. I had an amazing time with it.

100% luck based games are never fun.
Gwent is a lot more fun to play, but I hate how it's a dumb meta game. Completely immersion breaking.

Same here. I enjoyed 2 more than you seem to have, but 1 has almost bloodlines level atmosphere which gives the game that intangible quality that makes up for its flaws and pacing.

>Yea Forums has now realized that 2 sucks
nice
Hated how they tried to cater to modern gamers and threw in all this trendy shit you would expect from a 360 game.

stylized art style

CDPR has has had SERIOUS itemization problems ever since the first Witcher for some reason. Every gear upgrade you got in the first game really mattered compared to loot treadmill in latter games. It had a Gothic vibe in that aspect.

Attached: manticore-armor-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-1024x655.jpg (1024x655, 80K)

w3 is that weird open world game where open world really doesn't matter past the immersion factor. it's still a tight story-driven experience at its core and not a tes title, for instance.

I like the feeling in games of finding a new tool or weapon that feels like an item, and not a floating stat block that I swapped another stat block for.

3 is the worst example of this, I think 2 was close to maybe finding a happy medium, mainly thinking about how traps, bombs, and knives, even the crappy starting ones could be really useful in a pinch.

Attached: RPD_costume_(RE4).jpg (741x786, 377K)

YER A WIZARD, GERALT

Why is pleb-filter being used as short for "objectively bad game that most people don't want to play through because it's a chore"? Is Dead Island a pleb filter now?

Attached: 1553483953737.png (1159x1600, 2.01M)

dunno but swamp and sewer levels were so common in early nes games that i just expect them to exist in every game

t. pleb

One thing that always bothered me was that in the very first level at the castle siege the enemies' arms would sometimes get cut off, but then that never happened for the rest of the game

because it tries to be stylized realism rather than tw3's cinematic realism

Witcher 1 is SOUL: the game
Only Gothic comes close

When does Witcher 2 gets good?

when you side with Roche and to to the Kaedweni camp

When you romance Triss in the Elven Bath

once you finish the 2 hour prologue/tutorial

prolouge > chapter 1

chapter 1 had the comfy forest though, shit was cash

prologue was kino

Attached: The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Screenshot 2019.02.03 - 10.51.59.80.jpg (1920x1080, 404K)

>now kiss

To be quite honest, I wish in WItcher 3 we could have joined Redanian/Nilfguardian army for some Witcher 2 prolouge experiance.

Really enjoyed the siege of La Vellete castle.

when you side with Iorveth

have a sex

no u

The combat is ass only reason I vant get into it everyone bitches about 3's combat but it was definitely better than sit until pressing attack

TW1 is the only one that feels like it's actually set in slavland

I would know as I'm a slav and the game is full of environments that feel familiar

Attached: witcher.jpg (1655x827, 407K)

It isn't. Take of your contrarian/nostalgia goggles.

TW2 felt like a filler or irrelevant side quest honestly, especially if you took the Iorveth route

Witcher 1 is worth playing but the combat and other systems are unique and outside what most expect these days. Playing with mods is near essential especially Rise of the White Wolf, if nothing else. Scabbard mod and others including major gaphical updates are available. Full combat Rebalance is good but harder I hear so not good for first time playing.

Anhedonia happened

this. 3 but especially 2 have this generic western fantasy look with villages just looking like a bunch of camping buildings put together, generic swamp and forests and even Novigrad feels so small and crammed.

Too bad they didn't use the original soundtrack in Blood & Wine
youtube.com/watch?v=VgMqhGjLyKs

Shit man I know the feel. Didn't take me years to beat witcher 2 but it was a slog to play through. Dropped 3 a few hours in.

time to play this again

I actually beat Witcher 1 with a 360 controller. It was a huge pain in the ass and not worth the effort. You have to use a thumbstick for the mouse and that makes menu/HUD navigation a nightmare.

youtube.com/watch?v=L0Xh_oeQ2-E
kino

Attached: art.jpg (2048x1152, 491K)