What's the verdict on Ion Maiden?

What's the verdict on Ion Maiden?

Attached: ss_dbf162d1828c79ca84d3387640ee6f5e5c0752a0.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Dusk review
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Same boring old game play. New and improved politics.

It's not out yet

Wow are you an actual game journalist?

Its gonna be good

>Ion

Attached: 1553264835760.png (1325x810, 1.22M)

the demo was legit 9/10

cant wait to pirate the full game

Demo was great.

I'm not getting it until it's finished.

>female protagonist
>no sex appeal
might as well make a sandbox game with only linear corridors

What's taking them so long? Seems like a straightforward game.

Looks really good.

Designing actually fun levels takes time.

Weak bait. Recommend that you leave out the sentence below the greentext as it gives you away.

Demo was fucking great, looking forward to the full thing.

It's the only "retro" nostalgia bait FPS that's worth a fuck.

Have you played Dusk?

why is everyone wearing a burka?

I really want to enjoy retro FPS, I love everything about them except not having checkpoints. The maps are too big to be able to without dying in any enjoyable timeframe, and I have everything about the existence of quicksaves.

I get it that most people don't care about my gripes and I'm not going to advocate to change the games you guys like, but I wish there was a spinoff of games that tried the checkpoint approach with the retro fps feel (as in not cawadooty, i'm aware they have checkpoints but the games themselves are fucking shite)

>Have you played Dusk?
I wish I hadn't.

hate*, not have

I'm waiting for prodeus

Attached: ss_688e48e7b3e73493405d76609badb28c07d9a33b.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1064, 634K)

I'd rather not play as a girl.

Attached: quite kafkaesque.png (933x769, 563K)

What's wrong with it? It's a legit 9/10 shooter.

It's alrigh but I wish the oneliners were better written and had more bite to them. Like, A LOT more.

No budget, console ports? IDK, but they said the campaign is finished besides polishing and Q&A. It's not the multiplayer because it's a post-launch thing.

Attached: bug17hfo7uq21.jpg (540x871, 19K)

Dusk's art team put real effort into trying to make graphics look sub optimal without actually attempting to recreate the limitations that mandated that sort of graphics at the time. It's a half-baked effort at retro, ie. what 99% of all retro games end up being. It's like downloading fake PS1 graphics effects into Unity and then rendering affine point-filtered 128x128 textures in 4k. It's like putting a maximum of 512 polygons per character model and then spreading a hundred dynamic lights in a level. Either build your game around vintage hardware limitations or don't. Dusk to me feels like a game whose 3d modelers deliberately make a shotgun barrel look square-shaped even though other meshes in the game have smoothing groups and vertex shading.

I agree that they don't pack that much of a punch but I bet if they tried to make Shelly's lines really forceful there would be faggots complaining about the game somehow attempting to one-up Duke Nukem in the name of feminazism or something.

>art team
You know Dusk was made by one person, right?

>What's wrong with it?
What's right with it?

Awful AI that can't path find worth a fuck and does literally nothing that even quantifies as AI other than bee-line and attacks.
Awful weapon selection and shooting mechanics that have absolutely no weight or impact to them, even worse given how primitive everything about the AI is.
Awful level design that swings wildly between bland open spaces and cluttered interiors.

And don't even get me started on how low effort and garbage the art direction and art itself is.

There are some very basic fundamental things you need for a good FPS and Dusk lacks all of them.

That doesn't excuse shit art faggot. There are lots of games made by one person, or in this case one artist, that don't look like complete fucking shit.

Imagine being this autistic about muh retro grafix lol

He's clearly way more passionate and interested in his hobby than you are given you're willing to swallow any old low effort shit and call it a 9/10 game.

it's a better successor to DN3D than any Duke game relased afterwards but it will never ever be finished

Idk seems like a form of development hell. They must have either fucked up and scrapped a significant amount of work, or they work for 2 hours a day and procrastinate.

Demo was fine. I saw they released a second level but I haven't bothered to check it out. They made a mistake with the feminist commentary about the protagonist design.

brutal doom copy

Are you fucking serious?
It's some of the tightest Build engine level design there's ever been and coming from a team way smaller than any of the original Build engine teams.

Of course it's going to take time.

>They made a mistake with the feminist commentary about the protagonist design.
Oh do fuck off.

Cope. The game is getting universal praise by critics and players alike. It's a 9/10, especially considering it was made by one guy on Unity.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-14-08-11-47-1.png (514x663, 288K)

Steam is full of low effort, highly praised trash. It's no metric of quality.

If you can't form your own opinion or argument don't expect me to give a flying fuck about that of anyone else.

Brutal Doom has terrible balancing with the doom maps. Someone should copy it and try to make a playable campaign

>Awful AI that can't path find worth a fuck and does literally nothing that even quantifies as AI other than bee-line and attacks.
like in every 90's shooter then

lmgtfy.com/?q=Dusk review

>Someone should copy it and try to make a playable campaign
there is a megawad designed specifically for Brutal Doom so that makes Prodeus even more pointless

>like in every 90's shooter then
Are you fucking retarded, or merely pretending?

>Still can't form or express his own opinion.

You're as low effort as Dusk my man.

Pretty much everything except the enemy roster seems fantastic so far, but I'm presuming that they're saving all the nastier mooks for the full game

Attached: 1544741201157.jpg (856x1024, 146K)

replay some of the old shit you jack off to you nostalgiafagging circumcised homo, america was a mistake fuck you

this is classic shilling. Same thing happened with all those shit walking simulators years ago
Just over praised when the actual thing was not that good.
I saw dusk be played and the respinses for people were so forced.
Its like a shittier quake rip off but you,would think its the second coming of jesus from the comments.

Play Overload

>female protagonist trying to be badass and compete on the same field as Duke Nukem
yawn

>It's some of the tightest Build engine level design there's ever been and coming from a team way smaller than any of the original Build engine teams.
Think whatever you want, you can keep waiting another 2 years on a game that a better managed team would have completed by now.

Attached: 49446C76-1478-43F1-8578-340674BC6C43.jpg (400x503, 32K)

It's pretty good. Only complaint I have is that the one liners aren't as memorable as Duke, Caleb or Lo Wang.

Personally I prefer Amid Evil out of all these retro FPS games because of the unique setting, but Ion Maiden is a close second

Don't pretend like the monster AI in Doom and Duke 3D consisted of anything but moving toward you while attacking.

kys virtue signaling faggot

The release date has been set for Q2 2019 since the game was announced. Hardly seems like development hell.

But that's what terraria is since it's 2D and it's fucking awesome

>early access Build engine game
Wew. Why did they not follow the shareware design and release the demo for free?