Which self-limitations can I put on my next dark souls1/3/bloodborne run to make it actually interesting?

Which self-limitations can I put on my next dark souls1/3/bloodborne run to make it actually interesting?

Don't count 2 since there are a lot of options in it aka no bonfire run, no deaths run etc.

Attached: 766.jpg (1024x1412, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eleggo.net/blog/2016/12/19/the-roman-scissor-gladiator-weapon-or-aka-return-of-the-arbelos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bloodborne: no guns run
Ds3: dunno, probably only health upgrades. The game has such shitty options for roleplaying, not only because of how linear is it but also because you don't even have to repair your weapons. Disgusting.

Do a Runescape Run, you can only use consumable hp restores, you cant use bonfires other than the hub and major area ones, you can only use 1 ring and you must store everything but what you're wearing and 28 other items, not including key items you cannot store/drop.

>only health upgrades

This is actually very legit for bb since a lot of bosses in the second half of the game are pretty weak until a point you barely remember fighting them. Reborn one, Wet nurse, Micolash, Yahrnam.

Attached: manuel-castanon-bb-trick-weapons2b.jpg (1920x967, 162K)

Dark souls remastered, switch port, single joycon run
Or hook up a random labo kit to it

So, you have to run to the very hub everytime you have 28 items just to put them into the storage?

>thorn of kos

How the fuck is this supposed to work?

Attached: cal-santiago-flamesprayersword-copy.jpg (1920x1038, 464K)

>How the fuck is this supposed to work?

Bloodborne in a nutshell.

Attached: kirkhammer.jpg (408x409, 34K)

dakr souls jsut should have a mimic everutyhing becusaer its super hard and isjfoiwi you it

If you're on a PC download this mod that randomises the locations of all items. Gives it a bit of a roguelite feel since now you have to adjust to whatever you find, makes for pretty fun playthroughs. I think it's called DS randomiser or something like that. There is also one for enemies

>dakr souls jsut should have a mimic everutyhing becusaer its super hard and isjfoiwi you it

Attached: 1550980634170-v.jpg (500x500, 26K)

The first and second ones are better concepts than like 60% of trick weapons actually in game
The third one is just retarded though

This doesn't add much challenge, but I always enjoy starting as deprived, and only allowing myself to use the gear I pick up from enemies. At least in the early game

>sword and longer sword
>sword that actually a whip that you have to handle some to not to cut your dick off
>better

Attached: dane-brennand-bisecting-02.jpg (1920x4121, 1.18M)

any more of these?

>a giant pair of scissors
you were supposed to post something better, not worse.

Nah, I only have a laptop with shitty videocard so I play on ps. Anyway, I gonna try no guns run, I guess.

This one looks really nice, not as cheap as other fanarts.

giant scissors are always great and would fit perfectly into the bb universe

I really liked this one.

Attached: creditian-istani-cecile-s-sword.jpg (1920x2689, 520K)

Attached: Bloodborne+fanart+comp_d0c514_6373066.jpg (1200x750, 112K)

>sword into other sword, but different scaling
0% originality, boring garbage

>Bloodborne: no guns run
Isn't that just a normal str build run once you get something like the Whirligig Saw? Not upgrading health is a better challenge, it turns pretty much the entire DLC and the latter regular bosses into a forced no damage run.

play with the donkey kong bongo controller

It definitely looks cooler than running around with fucking scissors, have your mother taught you nothing?

great idea and design

then why not make a no damage run in the first place?

roman gladiators used scissors

Dota already did this with spirit breaker

>swing flail
>light goes out
shit, but nice digits

Fuck so much waste potential

>Mimics were suppose to put the player on guard
>Never change from chests so everyone just swings at them the minute they see them

by your boring no fun allowed faggotry logic, we never would have had pizzacutter, wheel, or kos parasite. not him btw
scissors fit the theme of the game perfectly in a "stories Yharnam mothers tell the children to scare them straight" kind of way

Attached: struwellpeter.jpg (1600x900, 137K)

gladiator scissor != modern shearing scissors

Attached: 1531367008740.jpg (630x420, 22K)

that's only one possible illustration, historians actually don't know exactly what the scissor gladiator looked like

Doesn't really matter, because Scissor was the name for the type of gladiator and not the weapon they used.

>you don't even have to repair your weapons. Disgusting.
Yeah, because those 100 souls you had to spend every 4 hours to completely restore your equipment was such a game changer.

roleplay as gamejournalist

Yea Forums_draws_guns.jpg

>Ds3 is shit for being light on roleplaying and builds, but Bloodborne is great!
>t. Retards

Attached: 1554779689800.gif (237x304, 2.04M)

It's an awful idea through and through. Its impractical in like 3 different ways.

This. Hope Miyazaki bodyslammed the dude who drew it through a table.

A no damage run is on a completely separate prism of autism compared to most other challenge runs, since avoiding every single bit of chip damage in the game is a motherfucker. No health upgrades is pretty fun, although probably a bit easier than you'd expect since if you're good enough at the game to be considering a challenge run in the first place you're likely good enough to demolish most of the game with all of your stats dumped into offense.

I think the only time I had to use repair powder in 1 was when I was using moonlight sword,,repairing weapons was always a pointless few second interaction at a bonfire or smith

Why there's not a single scissorblade in souls? Even salt&sanctuary has them.

Attached: 48a28733f9cef40a0f459aa758f56060.jpg (1024x640, 81K)

the Romans actually had scissors though (cisoria), and the name of scissors is derived from latin

but there is

Yeah, but again. Scissor is either the name of the gladiator or the weird gauntlet weapon he wielded. There is no evidence suggesting the arbelas/scissor used a pair of scissors as a weapon.

>There is no evidence suggesting the arbelas/scissor used a pair of scissors as a weapon
There's no evidence suggesting the weird gauntlet guy was the scissor either. So I don't know why you're saying the scissor gladiator definitely wielded a bladed gauntlet when it's just as likely he wielded some other bladed form of weapon. Shears were a common Roman household implement, it would make sense for a gladiator to wield them just as they wielded other tool implements such as the retiarius' nets (fishing) and tridents (fishing), or the arbelas' shoemaking leather cutting blade

and in fact, the weird gauntlet thing more than likely was the arbelas, not the scissor.
eleggo.net/blog/2016/12/19/the-roman-scissor-gladiator-weapon-or-aka-return-of-the-arbelos

so that means the scissor almost certainly didn't look like , and that the image you linked was actually an arbelas

Well he got his (you)

These fan mock up weapons really show how great the aesthetics of blooodborne are, because the attempts at recreating it are terrible.

> tfw no robe mimic GF who holds you gently

Attached: 1552609229002.png (450x450, 38K)

What is it with that one guy who has been posting about scissors in BB threads since release? Is it the same guy who always posts about wanting to play a pugilist monk in character classes threads?

Attached: 1525735027152.png (294x245, 65K)

Is this a keyblade thread?

in DS1 I did a run using no shield and tried to partial parry pretty much everything. I still rolled occasionally, but usually just partial parried everything. it was fun.

>he can't tell the difference between that user seeking (you)s and seeking to express his frustration with people memeing the series' supposedly supreme difficulty rather than its other qualities
reading comprehension man

Soul Edge?

>Rando Yharnam denizen having access to siderite

>Giant scissors

Attached: Invincible texan man.jpg (584x622, 118K)

He wasn't expressing frustration, he was enthusing for more mimic objects, but did so using a lot of hamfisted typos giving the impression that anyone who asks for such a thing is a gibbering idiot.

Theres an overhaul mod for ds1 that changes a bunch of weapon stats and properties as well as enemy placement, It combined with another stat overhaul mod, I forget which one had it, But one of them let certain medium shields do a bash instead of a parry, buffed bash damage, and i think a faster animation than usual
Its super fun to do a no roll perfect block and bash based run, and you get to do it with new enemy and item placements

DONT

DS3 is supposed to be the deeper RPG though

Bloodborne has better locations, art, bosses, combat, is less linear and has more optional content.