ITT: butchered ports

ITT: butchered ports

Attached: Donkey Kong Country.jpg (1630x668, 562K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=or7r526uzxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VfiCnl0MjJE
youtube.com/watch?v=a4l1HnxN900
youtube.com/watch?v=hWBUdgIa0oE
youtube.com/watch?v=4KW4DQnzlUU
youtube.com/watch?v=jY3LcF-EwPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

left: soulless
right: soul

Tales of Vesperia "Definitive"

youtube.com/watch?v=or7r526uzxQ

Isnt that the gba port? I mean, it doesn't look that bad considering

you must be blind then

I'm not blind, I can see it looks like hot garbage. But for a gba game it doesn't look that bad.

Wii version of Twilight Princess

Yeah? How? I was about to get it.

The Jap ports of Spyro 1 and 2 were so bad that they didn't even bother porting 3, nobody wanted it.

youtube.com/watch?v=VfiCnl0MjJE

Supposedly their playtesters were getting motion sickness, so they fucked with the camera.

GBA games went for lighter colors due to the lack of internal light in the original model's screen.

>fast

The Wii version is better though.

Voice acting is botched in a number of ways, including the protagonist now having two totally different actors.
Extra content is bolted on haphazardly, like the two new characters not meshing at all with the party naturally.
One of those new characters is outrageously overpowered to the point of making several party members redundant, while the other is just the protagonist but slightly worse.

It doesn't even fix the problems that you think it would, like the framerate plummeting inside a certain town. The 360 version is just a better experience overall since they actually gave a shit when translating the game.

Damn it anons. Why are the only good ports for this game the worst ones in the series?

Attached: 85968_front.jpg (150x211, 14K)

>Voice acting is botched in a number of ways, including the protagonist now having two totally different actors.
In japanese, too? Other things are pretty usual.

Attached: compare.webm (1000x562, 2.91M)

looks OK to me, far from butchered

How so?

I watched the whole thing and this is the only part where it looks significantly different, it's actually a pretty amazing port

That's not butchered. It's incredibly impressive and honestly could be considered a great port. I'd still rather play a "realistic" game on anything but a Switch though so I wouldn't have to sacrifice visuals etc

well, that sucked. her face is deep in the uncanny valley on switch. the system just can't keep up

>IT'S OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

The GBC port is better

>mouth doesnt even move

Attached: 14866856748.jpg (767x443, 117K)

motion controls

I like they realised they'd have to fuck up the soundtrack with the gba shitty quality instruments so they just straight up remixed the songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=a4l1HnxN900

Attached: IMG_6116.jpg (250x229, 12K)

that croc has nipples

My life is a butchered port.

Not him but I'll chime in with some pros.
>Ease of aiming, it's not like Skyward Sword where the Wii Motion + makes you recalibrate every few minutes, it's genuinely quicker to point.
>More stable framerate, the GameCube version chugs along with certain effects that the Wii doesn't.
>If you're from 2006, you didn't have to wait a month to play it on GameCube.
>More glitches. Obviously this isn't for everyone, but if you like to have fun messing with the game, the Wii version's for you. Because the GCN version was released later, Nintendo had time to patch it up with a more recent build.
If only the game weren't mirrored (which, if you just played the Wii version, you would never notice), then the GCN version would be the niche version among Zelda fans.

Attached: twomidnasonmycock.jpg (926x521, 114K)

The 360 version was always the beta edition. It's literally the same game with content that was always supposed to be there.

Now let's see PC 4k120fps vs PS4

>playing the dub

PS3 version of RDR1

Attached: trials 1.png (844x482, 719K)

Don't forget the widescreen.

Attached: paynoattentiontothemagicbar.jpg (640x900, 137K)

Widescreen
Objectively better aiming
One extra item slot since the gamecube used Z for Midna

Same assets.

GBA games were capable of looking like late PS1 era games if your programmers weren't retards. OP's post has no excuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWBUdgIa0oE

gross exaggeration, they barely reach early ps1 level in hands of competent programmers and have warping issues out of the ass
op's pic looks like shit because of botched palette, which was a necessity because of first model gba's shitty screen without backlight

the bigger problem was probably low storage cartridges rather than the specs

>Try and play the PC version
>Have a CPU faster than the 360 one
>Move retard fast from just tapping W
How do you fuck up a port that bad?

How are you people so retarded.

Switch just loads on the in-game model like 5 seconds before PS4 does. The model you see on the left in switch is the exact same lower detail model that eventually loads into the PS4 as the camera zooms into her waist.

Switches cutscenes are just prerendered where as PS4 is real time. So it loads the lower quality model on the fly

Saints Row 2 was the best of the series nerd

u dumb nigga

>bbut nintendo

that's not the PC version

almost everything ported to PC
I hate that I feel like I'm the only one who notices shit that was changed like filters that add to the game's soul and atmosphere, or simple graphic details like bloodstains appearing in the exact spot when you shoot someone since I played them on console first, then PC later.

How about good ports?

youtube.com/watch?v=4KW4DQnzlUU

>Wii U port of SMB3 GBA adds in all the eReader levels

She has the face of a 30 year old, god damn she must have been raped so many times it stressed her the fuck out.

No. It seems that most of Yea Forums are fucking dumb. They can't tell that there's a high quality cutscene model and a lower quality gameplay model.

The switches cutscenes are prerendered so it switches to the lower quality model like a whole 4 seconds before the PS4/pc does.

Pc/PS4 renders the cutscenes in real time so it only swaps to the lower quality gameplay model when she turns around and you take control.

I can’t anyone who says “adds to the game’s soul” seriously.

It's true that PC ports are notoriously fucked up.

>t. sonyger
everything is better on PC and you can customize it anyway you want, you can remove/add random shit with mods
>I'm the only one who notices shit that was changed like filters
you have no idea what're talking about you retard, PC ports don't get new graphical effects because of console parity

Considering that Rare was bought by Microsoft at that period, I'm not surprised with Rare doing such a lazy job at the port. DKC port for GBC was quite impressive for GBC's standards.

youtube.com/watch?v=jY3LcF-EwPo
nah PC games are pretty bad when it comes to ports. Almost all of my PS2 games feel effortlessly ported, and I constantly think "what the fuck, where's x feature?"
No idea why they do this with ports.

this is why I regret selling my PS2/Xbox and all it's games
even old games that weren't changed sometimes have random problems with modern hardware

lmao, this hasn't been the case since the 7th gen, PC versions are no different from consoles for a long time now

in early 2000s they made PC version shittier so that long end computers could run it, this practice is dead since xbox 360/ps3

unlocked framerate lmao.

Patty seemed shoehorned in. Like she shows up just to disappear. Some added flynn scenes were shoehorned too because it shows his promoted outfit before he was actually promoted.

>xbox 360/ps3
Yeah because Gears, Halo, Little Big Planet, Uncharted etc. were never ported to PC in the first place until only very recently, and only Gears was officially.

rockstar did that on purpose tho with GTASA

What about GTA IV which to this day is still shit and was never fixed? Final Fantasy games excluding XIV, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, Dark Souls, the Batman games, etc.

God E-reader shit made me so mad, Those sort of things never fly in America why the fuck do they do it?

Forced motion controls are always a bad thing

Any switch port.

Probably just another ill-conceived idea, inthis case, branching the gap between trading cards and video games?
Even with the E-Reader levels, we still don't have the cards that have the funky effects like doubling boss health.

actual poor port due to laziness/retardation. SA was more because they hated PC players at that time.

it's poor optimization though, not that PC has any removed graphical effects, they have actually improved them

Attached: Dracula X.jpg (2100x1551, 2.93M)

Because it's a remake, not a port - Rare recoded the Donkey Kong Country games from scratch on Game Boy Advance. And remember, handhelds were never good versions, especially back then.