How do you feel about Yea Forums overwhelmingly voting these as the most overrated games ever?

How do you feel about Yea Forums overwhelmingly voting these as the most overrated games ever?

Attached: 2x2Overrated.jpg (1200x1200, 1.3M)

Full top 10 was this

Attached: de88fda0-b5ec-4045-aa09-f02584a1f9d7.png (660x875, 37K)

Really doubt any of those people played Planescape

They're overrated, not bad.

They're all great, maybe the best of their genre, but they're not gonna make you ascend to a new dimension.

Don't conflate "overrated" with "not great". They're absolutely overrated. People won't shut the fuck up about them, and anyone that criticizes them is usually met with a shitstorm. That's overrated.

I don't care. Why should I? I'm just here to give you (You)

The people who praise Planescape haven't played it either, otherwise they'd know it's complete garbage

It's attrocious gameplay with riddled with terrible mechanics. It's saved by its narrative and atmosphere, of which there are few games that come close.

It's not the mid 2000s stop pretending people are busting down the door to tell you about ff7 on the internet. "It's overrated" is the majority opinion at this point. FF6 and even 9 are shilled more in modern game discussion.

Seconding this, Planescape is basically the Persona 2 Innocent Sin of WRPGs. It has horrible gameplay, but the story & characters are so fucking amazing that people ignore the gameplay & consider it a masterpiece anyway

the most overrated game of all time is clearly witcher 3, albeit the last of us and BoW do come close

Any list that doesn’t have OoT at #1 is already wrong.

one of those doesn't belong

PT and TLOU because they aren't janky low budget Japanese titles made by Suda51.
FF7 and Zelda because they are popular.

who gives a fuck what "Yea Forums" thinks!

Agree the best game ever should always be #1 on every best game list, good thing Yea Forums agreed & ranked it #1

Planescape torment is literally the only good CRPG though

"Terrible gameplay" is just something retards like you parrot because you haven't actually played these RPGS. Sorry I have to be the one to break this to you, but Icewind Dale and Baldur's gate both have awful fucking gameplay by the exact same standards. If anything, Planescape stands the test of time FAR better than its contemporaries BECAUSE it de-emphased the copy pasted combat and mind numbingly dull routine of
>Walk across map to a fight
>Nuke everything with spells
>Spam rest, potential re-tracing steps to a location where you can spam rest
>rinse and repeat for 30hours while being drip fed a story 1/10ths as interesting as PS:T

There's a reason Planescape receives so much more praise and recognition than its infinity engine contemporaries even decades after release: it's more fun and interesting than literally any of them. Calling any one of those games half as good as Planescape would be over-rating them

The strawpoll had no IP checking and OP is a known turbo autist, ignore him completely

Overrated is a meaningless buzzword mostly used by teenagers who can't discuss jack shit about the medium so they discuss the reception instead.
It's literally "you like this more than you should". An absolutely idiotic standpoint.

*crack*
*sip*

Cope, i merely made the poll for you faggots to argue about it, if it was up to me then Witcher 3, ME2, GTA & RDR2 would all have 500 votes. And TLOU would be near the bottom since I genuinely like it

Saying FF6 or FF9 is the best these days is about as daring as saying Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars film

It didn't have oot at number 1 because the OP didn't put it as an option. The resulting thread was about why oot should be on the list