Has anyone else here played this? I got it off PS+ for free last night and I'm actually kind of enjoying it...

Has anyone else here played this? I got it off PS+ for free last night and I'm actually kind of enjoying it. It's a bit clunky and a blatant Souls rip-off but it has some interesting mechanics like body part targeting/severing

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 132K)

Check the archive.

I just got done finally beating it, personally i didnt care much for it but i dont care for dystopian future stuff. Too many industrial mazes

Enjoye dit more than Every Souls game besides 3. Loved the atmosphere (that song was very fitting desu), the augmentation mechanics, the level design and even the combat and dismembering.

Looking forward to 2.

Really boring, as all Souls games are.

I thought it was pretty good except for the bosses, most of them were shit.

It sucks.

do you ever get iframes on dodges?

Yes though its nowhere near as many as the other souls games from what ive noticed

played it and found it to be boring first area looked interesting but then it got into shit territory around area 2

It's pretty bad. It tries to copy Dark Souls without actually understanding why Dark Souls was good.

I guess it's serviceable if you're REALLY aching for a Soulslike but with Sekiro just released there's really no excuse

It being single player only is something that bugs me along with sekiro, after i finish the games theres not really much else to do without any pvp mechanics, i've no interest to go to ng++++++. But to each their own i suppose

Do a no damage run.

I thought the opposite, first level was pretty cut and dry but second level did a lot of neat stuff with verticality and shortcuts

>without actually understanding why Dark Souls was good
The only thing Dark Souls 1 did right was atmosphere level design, both of which The Surge did well too.

I get that there are people who find enjoyment in personal challenge runs but its not my cup of tea if there isnt a reason to do it, i enjoyed nobonfire/nodeath runs in dark souls 2 simply because there was a reward

If you need a carrot at the end of a stick to get you to have fun then you are a lost cause and it's a wonder how you manage to breathe.

ow the edge

>a lost cause because i dont do personal challenge runs to stroke my ego

user we simply have different things we find enjoyment in, theres no need to respond that way. I play through games a few times if i enjoy them and move on.

Are you ok user? Got something to tell us?

Jesus you're so out of touch you think people aren't REALLY having fun and only do it for e peen points. Unless you're going to upload footage of the whole thing no one will believe you so the muh ego point is null.

If you can't enjoy replaying a game or self-imposing a challenge, then you're missing out on a lot of fun from your favorite games.

I never said they werent having fun, i said i get that other people get enjoyment from it but its not my cup of tea.

>If you don't enjoy things the way I enjoy things you must be a braindead retard
Eat a bullet

I agree that self-made fun is valuable and not enough people do it but there's no reason to shit on other people because they choose not to play that way