Is this game worth playing unironically?

Is this game worth playing unironically?

Attached: Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png (220x280, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

info.sonicretro.org/List_of_Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Library_sequences
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

No. It's only worth playing to laugh at.

Yes if you have a buddy and want to play the multiplayer. it's fun as fuck.
as for the single player.. you can have fun with it if you're really bored I guess, some weapons are fun to use.

when you're 10 years old, yes

No. I bought it on impulse for $10 thinking it would be good for a laugh but it was the bad kind of cringe.

I liked how the level selection/progression worked, almost like Star Fox 64, and Shadow/Sonic swearing is pretty funny

depends on how much you hate nigge- I mean black creatures.

It's not the worst game ever but it obviously did not age well and it's kinda bland.

It's only like 6 hours long so go for it on a drunk Saturday night i guess.

Gun mechanic is pretty secondary, some mission objectives are bad, platforming is decent, expert mode (the best part of the game) is locked behind all A-ranks, hilariously edgy
t. did all A-ranks

If you like Sonic games then yes.
It's unironically the perfection of the Adventure-era Sonic style.

Ark levels will make you nostalgic for SA2. I don't really see why anyone would want to play this though if they didn't like the SA games.

I still don't know how much of the game is meant seriously.

Attached: 1536961197658.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Route selection is a neat feature. It's always nice to see this mechanic outside of Visual Novels for a change.

It's the worst Sonic game ever and I say that as a very forgiving Sonic fan. If you like replaying the same stages over and over and doing tedious "kill X enemies" missions then maybe it'll be your thing.

Why is damn considered a swear word in America?

>obsessed!

No I'm not having a go, I'm asking for real.

The crazy thing is that every possible level arrangement has its own special route name. 326 different fucking routes
info.sonicretro.org/List_of_Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Library_sequences

iirc he says shit too
and I dunno, it just is, can't explain it

not worth playing at all, only "good" thing you can take out of it it's so bad it's funny

have there ever been mods to fix the gameplay and maybe graphics?

The coop mod is the best.

Yeah. Just do neutral missions, they are least tideous. Then just look up endings on YouTube and you are good to go.

Nobody says shit in th egame, I played it a lot when I was a teenager. Damn is the worst thing said by anyone.

>I’m going to exterminate ALL the nigger AND aliens, and you’re not stopping me, sonic!
How the fuck did they get away with this? Was this really necsiscary?

It's pretty bad but the multiplayer is kino except for the faggot side by side view

Reminder that a fucking Plant got in before Shitdow

Attached: 1541086682282s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

I think you're remembering it wrong. Sonic was the one who had a problem with the black creatures, he thought they meant business.

It was a different time

Literally the reason why I'm not buying a switch + smash

>Game has 326 possible routes through the story, and keeps track of which ones you've completed
>tfw I actually beat all of them as a kid

Go take a shower Smashfag

It can be fun in some circumstances. Also most people forget you can play as the assist characters with a 2nd controller. It's actually possible to play as Maria that way.

No. I played the absolute shit out of this game and got the true ending ten times over. It's not a good game.

It has the foundations of a good game, and unironically does the morality/alignment system better than most games by having it have an actual impact on the game, but it controls terribly and the physics are too slippery to do anything accurately.

The dialog is hilarious, however. It's the perfect time capsule of mid-2000s corporate edge.

Not really. The game's multiple ending mechanic is fucking retarded because it forces the player to replay the game multiple times just to get the true ending, the level design is.... meh, that said the Ark levels are terrible, especially the one that literally is missing an enemy.(maybe it's was me but I also got lost in one of the stages) Heroes' terrible control and shitty lack of jump momentum makes a return. Another problem that Heroes had that this suffers from is objective based levels. Forcing the player to take down a bunch of enemies is bad; the game comes to a halt because you have to take all enemies down and backtrack through the level. This contradicts the entire point of Sonic gameplay. The camera is bad. The boss fights are easy especially the ones where you can shoot at them. Maybe that's me, I don't really have much trouble with 3D sonic bosses. To give it credit where it's due; the gun, despite being out of character for shadow and the series as whole, helps the health bar proves that Heroes. The vehicle and riding animals or mechs concept is cool, but it could have been handled better. The story is best enjoyed when you don't take it seriously. The game is a chore to complete.

I got third of the way to that when I rediscovered that the routes had those "previously in the story" first person narrated title cards like in Adventure 2, if you turned off the game mid-story and restarted it. I no longer felt I had experienced "all" of the story and stopped collecting routes.

coop mode is pretty fun and i like the ability to choose our moral and game pathways, the music is good and the story is engaging, picking up and switching guns can be a kick, very enjoyable for couch co-op

Attached: 12897598724424.png (550x650, 623K)

I didn't bother with those. I remember that I was able to speedrun the game and beat the story routes in about an hour, depending on the missions.

the only reason i played it is because i was stuck in a syrian bomb bunker for a month and it was the only game i brought along with me

what a horrible mistake that was

Attached: 1553401646541.jpg (480x426, 17K)

the story mode is fun, the gun collecting is fun.
other than that its just another 3d sonic game

>I remember that I was able to speedrun the game and beat the story routes in about an hour
Same. It's exactly why I said "re"discovered, because it took that long for a pause to happen naturally in such a small timeframe. I had known of them from my initial playthrough, but had forgotten, when I started the project almost three years later for fun. Doing one or two routes a day was convenient and easy.

I like Shadow the most as a character so I like the game, and I do think it's alright as a game regardless. Actually, it's pretty good on Expert Mode, because you go through each level one after another and you simply need to get to the end of the stage.

It has a great soundtrack and the game can admittedly be fun if you choose the right levels and missions to go through. The one where you race against Sonic on the arc is legit kino.

Attached: D0DyeByW0AETJu5.jpg (982x1024, 123K)

>i was stuck in a syrian bomb bunker for a month
story?

Attached: eggman N.png (294x498, 219K)

Unironically my favorite video game. I fucking love everything about this game. I wish we got ambitious Sonic games like this one nowadays

No. Only if you have literally nothing else to do, extreme curiosity and wants to spend some 15 minutes before dropping it for being tedious garbage

Its basically an improved Sonic Heroes 2 minus the teams.

>People is now trying to bring sonic heroes down to try to defend this game for their bias
God I hate this fandom

Didn't shadow say "I'm going to send you straight to hell" before karate chopping eggman to death?

yeah.

fuck off wolfcunt

Yes.

Fun fact about this kino game: Did you know that in the stage The Doom, where the GUN Soldiers raid the Space Colony ARK, you can hear the roars of the Biolizard (the final boss of SA2) fighting them off in the distance.

i liked it when i was 8 years old, also at that time i thought every sonic game including 2006 (never even touched it back then) were good and that sonic shouldn't be criticized. I was really fucking autistic back then.

i liked it when i was like 7 or 8

No, you would have to get all 10 noncanon endings just to unlock the true ending, was a real grind

Holy fuck really thanks for this info user. You're based

No, look for something better worth of your time.

Show Proof

Thanks. Also, another fun fact for people who say that Shadow's story is a "retcon" of SA2's is that in SA2, there are some letters imprinted on the ground next to Shadow's pod that says "Astronomers are concluding that Monstrous blacks" which may or may not have been foreshadowing the Black Arms' appearance in Shadow's game.

That one I knew

It's not the shittiest Sonic game of its era and it certainly isn't the least ambitious but it's really not worth playing unless you're still young enough to unironically like Linkin Park.

>Be me edgy teen loving playing shadow
>Little brother also likes Sonic and wants to play
>I legitimately thought vs mode was the only multiplayer mode
>Don't want to play vs because I want to get through the story
>Lie and tell him to connect his controller so that he'd control the partner character
>I thought I was being clever by lying to him
>He never suspects a thing
>Turns out it was actually real
>Mfw I find this out years later

Attached: 1551445492366.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

I got a demo in PS magazine a long time ago, that was enough for me

Actually now that I think about it it was fun. It had the same sonic loopy things which was fun, and you had guns which was pretty edgy, I would play it if I had the chance

Attached: 1527078928041.jpg (673x483, 259K)

Nope. The game is low tier. The game doesn't have as much set pieces to make them stand out(it has a few memorable levels) and the music is kinda the weakest in the Sonic series(the vocals are good though).