Jesus Christ! How does this Sam Raimi guy keep getting work in video games when he keeps writing dialogue like this?

Jesus Christ! How does this Sam Raimi guy keep getting work in video games when he keeps writing dialogue like this?

Attached: PROBLEMATIC.jpg (1436x3250, 1.47M)

ohnono this can't be happening

Attached: BLACKED.png (1429x800, 1.44M)

Ozma and hardened King Denam is my headcanon.

She took the blind D, bro

I can't even imagine how much optional dialogue I missed out on because of the fucking godawful job system that discouraged you from using new units.

>That bit in FFT where the mission goal is "Slaughter the disgusting niggers who plague the earth"
I feel like that was a bit on the nose

People who did nothing wrong thread?

Attached: 34c3b265f9e4d76a1afbc95950249630.png (742x469, 459K)

Sure sounds good

Attached: peoplewhodidnothingwrong.jpg (775x1150, 133K)

You could always play the original version, even though best girl isn't playable.

Attached: Tacticsogre_chara_ozma_09_JPG.png (366x619, 191K)

they should make sequel

Ogre Battle Saga is dead. We’ll never get the remaining chapters.

Is the SNES and 64 Ogre games worth playing?

Ozma brought the fuckin' bants in that game, holy shit she was worth the convoluted lengths involved to recruit her.

Attached: 1533493312982.png (255x241, 105K)

Yes, they are very different to LucT. Be warned.

Worth playing sure, but the engines are very clunky. Also, MOTB's chaos frame mechanic is some bull shit.

64 is a great game with some tricksy hidden mechanics that can make things annoying if you're trying to get a perfect ending first time through, or unlock specific classes. Actually feels like you're commanding an army as opposed to a handful of dudes fighting another handful of dudes, though.

Yes, they're amazing. Very different, but I liked them more

Thanks lads, although speaking of is the PS1 or SNES version better?

What games has he written dialouge for since then, that was of similar style and quality?
LUCT is fucking gold and I love it despite only having played through it once.
I tried doing a Law playthrough once, but the dialogue choices you get are really vague sometimes, and I managed to pick the wrong one every time and missed out on a lot of units, so I stopped.
I'm also very bad at playing a game through to the end, especially on handhelds.

The SNES fan-translation of LUCT is just the PSX translation patched onto it, which works for the most part but glitches during some moments that cause text to be garbled. So if it's easier to play the PSX version you may as well do that.

FFT of course, although I think it's significantly worse than LUCT.
Not too well versed in the series myself but surely there's a Final Fantasy with the kind of great dialogue LUCT has

I said since then, meaning since LUCT's release. I'm aware that War of the Lions or whatever the subtitle and TO are near identical.

why are you spewing this LE SAM RAIMI shit again? you were doing it non-stop when the whole redshirt guy blizzcon thing happened and it was some of the most unfunny shit ever.

nothing you post will ever catch on, you're an unfunny faggot

LUCT was released before FFT technically

Isn't the LUCT subtitle only for the PSP game? In any case the OP implied that he had gotten away some similarly good writing since the PSP game.

It was a different time.

>Isn't the LUCT subtitle only for the PSP game?

No, all Matsuno-directed Ogre games are named after Queen songs

Sam Raimi is the director of the first Spider-Man movie, it's a Yea Forums meme that he is behind all politically incorrect dialogue

Attached: DkGSA-FV4AEi_II.jpg (500x851, 93K)

>it's a Yea Forums meme
Shit, they're always one step ahead of me. How does one board so small produce so many memes?
Baneposting
Sheevposting
GODSposting
and many more.

There's only 1 choice made to go Law and it's really fucking obvious.

I mean the little choices you're given along the way to recruit named characters with portraits. Ravness and that Dragoon comes to mind.

I'm pretty sure he means in relation to choices that lead to units, not getting into the Law route.

Ravness, Ozma, and Azelstan are supposed to be fuckhard to recruit because they're new to the port and weren't in the original game (Ozma isn't but she wasn't playable)

Brantyn Morne did nothing wrong

Sure, but I don't want to miss them.

Then just beat the game and use the time machine to make the right choices.

>use the time machine
No thanks. I'm not gay.

and you're still not funny, get a real personality.

The irony.

did someone tell you to use that word when you get flustered? cute!

k

Which game is this? Tactics Ogre? Currently playing FFT (PSP version) and having a great time, how similar are the games?

64 is very good, but it really got easier later on. Use a guide if you are aiming for a certain ending.

>Tactics Ogre?
Yes.
>how similar are they
Near copy paste. At least plotwise.

The SNES/PS1 version plays the same as FFT, but the PSP remake invents a new job and skill system that are rather un-fun

WAIT!
Did Zalbaag really tell Argus to shoot? Holy fuck that doesn't make Argus less of a dick but I used to like Zalbaag. I forgot about that part of this scene.
So his ascension to being Femto I can understand. But the whole rape, thing?

Guts had taken everything from him, so he took what was Guts'. Fair play, yo.

When he turned into Femto he became beyond human, but he still felt betrayed by Guts. Raping Casca was the ultimate betrayal, it stunted her for literal decades and Guts was completely powerless

Guts took nothing from him and gave him everything.

t. speedreader or possibly anime watcher

I don't see how Guts betrayed Griffith.

Guts decided to leave and won a fair duel for his freedom

The only thing Guts took from him was the possibility of sex with Guts.

I read every frame buddy.

Without Guts Griffith would be sucking way more king cock to get his little kingdom. Guts only left to prove to Griffith that he was a true friend worth respecting.

Griffith didn't even conceive the notion of Guts winning that duel, that's what broke him and that's what made him turn to the God Hand

Right, but that's Griffith's own fault.

And then Griffith went crazy, betrayed his friends, fucked a princess and ruined his life alone.

No betrayal on Gut's behalf. And then Guts came back to save his dumb ass. And then Griffith betrayed them all again.

>be Griffith
>be born a penniless wretch
>decide that you're not going to let your birth decide your fate and vow to make it to the top of society
>allow old men to fuck you in the ass to reach this goal
>even though you don't even like women encourage some thirsty brown bitch to orbit you because she's a good soldier
>assemble a mercenary army that you don't even like anyway
>basically sacrifice your entire life, all the time you could have spent eating or drinking or fucking or whatever, just to be a charismatic son of a bitch and gather the power you need
>all of a sudden here comes fucking GIGACHAD who wins your entire army over without even trying
>the army that you allowed old men to fuck your asshole in exchange for
>get a little pissed and vent your frustration by taking advantage of princess jailbait
>get your nose and your dick and pretty much every part of your body fucked all to hell
>spend a year in absolute agony
>finally get out
>gigachad is fucking your #1 soldier right in front of your eyes
>your entire life is ruined
>everyone loves gigachad and they're going to keep you in a wagon like dog for the rest of your life
>suddenly behelit sez "hey buddy you gonna let this shit slide"

Griffith unironically did nothing wrong

Getting cucked sucks.

No, he tried to have consensual sex with his betrothed wife, but her incestuous father prevented that and cut off Griffiths muscles.
Given he had literally no power, and the Band, the only thing in his life worth anything was being taken away, he was in an abyss. The only way to attain his dream was to join the God Hand, and he does get his dream.
Stop speedreading

You're skipping where you
>are a sociopath
>say you don't respect the people who give their lives for you
>lose to gigachad you kept as slave
>try to kill your friends
>fuck up your noble status
>going to die until gigachad saves you
>betray him again

>Tactics Ogre
>FFT
>Berserk
Is this truly the good taste thread

Look you can insult all you want but he was already Viscount and had the admiration of most of Midland. He could've made a scheme to get what he wanted. He had ACTUAL power in both title and personal ability. How well do you understand the characters and situations?

Berserk is bad.

Read it
He could've, had he not had all his fucking muscles cut out

>Read it
It's not my style. I'm saying it's bad for a reason, and it's a subjective one.

He had his muscles cut out well after he had lost his mind. He was fine when Guts left and could've gotten just what he wanted. But instead he threw everything away like a petulant child. He did plenty of things wrong in many ways.

What in the hoodangfuck does evil dead have to do with videogames???

Attached: 1554657500319.gif (300x168, 285K)

>A reason
>Read it
>No
Hmm

I've checked the catalogue and this is the only good thread on Yea Forums. I feel like Yea Forums has been very shit lately, even considering the terrible Yea Forums standards

It's too edgy for my tastes. Also not comfy enough.

What's your reason? It starts pretty edgy but the writing and art impoves dramatically as it goes on.

See

>Edgy
You literally only know Berserk through reputation

Yea Forums has contributed far more than Yea Forums has. Yea Forums also isn't really slow, it seems to be the second most targeted board on the site for pedo redditors

>Yea Forums also isn't really slow
Every board is slow compared to Yea Forums, /pol/ and /vg/.

Will Miura die before it's finished?

Attached: 0303-016.jpg (2263x1600, 1.25M)

Good observation. I'm also keen enough to observe what people mention in this thread, nothing but edge.
I just wanted to talk about LUCT.

>Doesn't like Berserk
>Wants to talk about LUCT
Oh so you don't know that game either. If you like LUCT christ knows why you don't like Berserk

try not to be a total dick and over level ANY of your teams

Because LUCT is comfy but dramatic.

Maybe he can see far enough ahead that he planned to use Casca's baby as his new body.
So he fucked wkth Guts and went ahead wkth his plans with one shot.

He was on that boat for how long? I think you know the answer to this user.

Yeah you should read Berserk

Attached: best girl.jpg (503x758, 261K)

I knew Monolith got a bunch of different guest artists to work on the Blade designs but I didn't know they also got guest writers for the party members

Attached: raimi's zeke.jpg (1280x1440, 731K)

That's the most reasonable consideration I've ever heard.

No thanks. You Berserkfags are like JoJofags, but "muh deep" and "muh edge".

>Likes LUCT
>Doesn't like Berserk despite not reading and despite the similarities
Lordy

Attached: unacceptable.png (751x726, 255K)

I've told you why I like LUCT and why I don't want to read Berserk, why are you so dense?

Looks like PSP emu is the best way to play the LUCT remake from my cursory googling?

LUCT and Berserk are so similar that it's astounding you like one but not the other

If you don't want to play on a real PSP then yeah. Are there other options?

Berserk and jojo are both quality series and it's unfortunate you're missing out due to prejudices against the fanbases.

Attached: 1552510906338.png (428x418, 292K)

Im dead, i wish i was a plane

>Nazi Germany and the USSR are so similar that it's astounding you like one but not the other

What?

You're misunderstanding. Both fanbases insist that their favorite manga is the greatest thing ever and want everyone to read it. And when someone who knows that they don't want to read it say "No, it's not for me" the fans will always try to push it onto you anyway. Like canvassing preachers wanting you to join a cult.

It's an analogy.

A shit analogy

user, you're really terrible at analogies.

It works fine from my viewpoint. Two series/nations that have a good deal of similarities but also a good deal of differences are compared. You like the things they have in common, and consider them good on the same merit. I like what one series/nation offer but the other doesn't and thus stick with that series/nation.

They're both excellent, you just think Berserk is entirely the Black Swordsman arc

Let's do a better analogy, Yea Forums style

Pepperoni and ham pizza are so similar it's astounding you like one but not the other.

t.rapist apologist and literal brainlet

Did they ever explain how that guy knew that Spider-Man had a hyphen in it? It was a name the announcer made up on the spot.

but LUCT and Berserk are really similar

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I've heard about it, which is quite a lot because fans of the series can't stick to Yea Forums and instead come into threads about Tactics Ogre to shitpost, is edgy shit and "muh Dex Vs. Str". If that's the only thing the series offer to talk about then it's not for me.

I was intentionally avoiding a food analogy.

Arguing to the Griffith did nothing wrong cult is like talking to a wet underwear. It's fucking useless. They're literal faggith are like god to them.

just read it

Like I said, insisting like preachers who can't take a no.

>You should read this excellent manga that's similar to a game you already like
>wtf stop being a crazed cultist

>makes wild claims
>doesn't know source material
>gets offered to know source material
>refuses and continues to make wild claims
retard

Just give up. At this point even if he's convinced to give it a shot he'll go at it already pissed off and drop 2 chapters in claiming "see, I knew it was edgy shit"

I know we as people want to recommend good etuff we like to others so they can enjoy it too but after having my suggestions ignlred so many times from my friends I just learned to not bother.
Say something is good once and it's their loss if they ignore it. Don't keep insisting.

You really lack the ability to reflect don't you?
I'd think I was being trolled if the context was different, but I know Berserk fans are really this dense.

>Makes wild claims
It's not a wild claim to say that Berserk is edgy.

saying it's only edgy is a wild claim

Cite me saying that "it is only edgy". You can't. I've only said that it was too edgy for me and that edge was the only thing about the series that people talk about.

then you're a coward that doesn't like being proven wrong

I hope you realize the irony here. That you accuse me of making wild claims but when looking closer I made no such claim. Instead your claim that I make wild claims was a wild claim.

Crafting was so fucking badly done. I still cringe thinking about it. It was fucking horrible even on emulator, It was IMPOSSIBLE on PSP. What the fuck were they thinking?

Your mom is a wide clam lmao

It was awful and the time invested to get your items +1'd wasn't worth it. But I did it anyway.

Save before every craft. It's fucking stupid I know but it means your ingredients never get wasted. Also if you play the one vision PSP romhack the crafting chance was changed to always be 100%

Does it have a hack to make more than one item at a time and skip the animation?

Oxford graduate, he could assume the correct spelling.

I don't think so but if you're on an emulator you can just fast forward.

This is considered /pol/ in today's climate?

No. Ozma just has character.

I'm still not gonna bother but you're right.

>the other Ogre Battle episodes will never get games
>Matsuno's Star Wars dream will never come to fruition

Attached: denam.png (218x316, 136K)

It's sad but SRPGs are going through a low period these days. Only the larger names make it through fine.

Luct is the best srpg ever made. After you beat that look up tokol on gba and play that.

>Luct is the best srpg ever made
Very subjective. It's among the better but depending on what you want from a game there are others that are better.

I want to fugg ozma

Being stepped on by Ozma!
Getting slapped by Ozma!
Licking the feet of Ozma!
Curling up in a ball while cowering from the sadistic whip of Ozma!
Drinking the sweat of Ozma!
Being denied orgasm by Ozma!
Masturbating while having your balls crushed by Ozma!
Holding hands with Ozma!
Blinking back tears while being fucked in the ass by Ozma!

Attached: LuCT_PSP_Ozma_Profile.png (259x188, 74K)

So lads. What route is the best; Chaos, Neutral or Law?

Chaos, kill your sister.

Poor taste, as one might expect from a chaos slave.

But katiusca is alright, why would i kill her

Law route has two 10/10 waifus
Chaos route has edgelord Vyce, which is absolutely hilarious
Neutral route has zombies

The other routes are shafted on characters unless you really like the four bitchy shaman sisters, which I don't.

Attached: 1551059701243.png (954x1019, 164K)