What are you thoughts on StarCraft II and do you still play?

What are you thoughts on StarCraft II and do you still play?

Attached: 1541346935688.jpg (1200x600, 285K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xoE5LrIP2c&list=WL&index=24
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No point when Starcraft 1 exists.

I still watch old Day9 funday monday videos.

How many episodes/casts did he do before he finally stopped?

It's one of the best RTS you can play today and right now, but i find it un-fun, but not because it's bad.

The game is centered around hard counters and fast blobbing. Lots of cheese because of it, and some assbackwards unintuitive stuff that doesn't add any depth to the strategy, but more annoyance to it. Inject larva for example, is just busywork that doesn't add anything for the Zergs, but it's incredibly needed to do so to keep up the pace with anything else. Ramp blocking is the base gameplay, and the game revolves around breaking the ramp or jumping over it, whereas AoE had walls, towers and other stuff to adapt the base to the enviroment, not the other way around. It feels stiff in many regards, with attacks, counter and hard counters.

And everything would be dandy and fine if it wasn't unbalanced. don't get me wrong, it's on a pretty good spot now, but it's not perfect and one slip will cost you the match to a cheese that can happen and will happen even on plat, because it's just effective.

I miss inventive RTS where tactics and strategy were more sandboxy, or at least attempted something different. Shame Deserts of Kharak never picked up and SupCom has been almost forgotten.

Attached: bronze sc2.png (622x693, 434K)

>OP makes a thread i find interesting
>Doesn't reply and lets it die

God dammit fuck

Starcraft sucks, feel ashamed of yourself

Nicely put. Every few months I get the urge to give SC2 yet another chance, but if I ever have to inject larva one more time, I SWEAR I'm gonna sell my game PC and pick up woodcutting.

I always end up modding the game to make it more "fun" (usually more C&Cish) and always get the same conclusion: you can't make it fun.

And the moment its campaign enters the discussion, especially LotV, is where I jump out of the window. Shame as of yet I always survive that 1 floor drop.

I still like co-op even if development is dead.

Why would you play Starcraft 2 when Broodwar exists?

Slowpokefag here, so what's the current state of this sorry ass shit??

I loved BW, I loved map editor, but I couldnt even bring myself to finish all the cutscenes let alone bought this shit when it came out.

I watch other people watching other people play,.
I want to be at a very safe distance from this game.

Shame to hear it's still an unbalanced mess

horrible game
made intentionally shit by gimping controls, and using outdated 90s gameplay concepts
horrible artstyle
no feeling for battle orwar. just silly colorful blobs moving around unrealistically.
lets play on FASTER SPEED LOL

meme game if there ever was one

If you havent watched the last year of Starcraft WCS events the rise of Serral. Maru, Rouge, Trap, Classic, Reynor, Dark, Gumiho, Scarlett Watch some of these matches, you dont need to know the game to see some amazing things. Its fun to watch.

Playing is amazing, there is a learning curve but its not crazy, and there are so many game modes today, CO-OP is huge probably a few hundred hours before its get boring and even then its fun to jump in once in while

Havent been able to play much in the last 6 months, but I always make time to watch GSL and WCS events.

It still the definitive E-Sport

Both it and Brood War are fantastic games, they're the only things Blizzard made that are actually good.
This thread proves a lot of Yea Forums doesn't know what they're on about, just ignore shitposters and clear bronzies who don't know how to play

>Inject larva for example, is just busywork that doesn't add anything for the Zerg
Busywork macro was added because the micro in SC2 was too easy.

t. bronzie

Did SC2 really need more micro?

Played the campaign which left a bitter taste in my mouth. The game is too fast for its own good. And much like every other multiplayer game from that time period, 2011-2015 the esports aspect seems to have been the soul focus at the cost of everything else, and even that feels very forced.

Now this is someone who actually plays and knows what he's talking about. What race did you play when you played?

It would be good if they had done something to avoid deathballing. They didn’t need to copy BW’s awful pathfinding system, but they needed something like larger collision boxes and slower turn speeds so 1a isn’t your default game winning move.

I don’t mind that macro is easier than in BW because of things like multiple building selection and automine, that lowers the entry barrier and makes the game more accessible. Having that and then adding shit like inject/mule/chrono to make macro more interactive is kinda retarded tho.

I’m still salty that there’s no reaver, and that things like siege tanks and psistorm are super gimped compared to their BW equivalents. Half the fun of BW was how basically every unit was broken strong as long as you could get them into a specific situation, everything was a hard counter to something but only if you played well. Look at standard PvT, you have zealot/goon vs tank/vulture. If terran sets up a tank line with a minefield in front, toss can break it by mine dragging and shuttling zealots, and terran can push forward with careful tank movements and vultures to harass and block zealots. The counter square is zealots > tanks > goons > vultures > zealots, and it comes down to which player manipulates the battlefield so that their units are where they’re strong better. In SC2 it comes down to who macrod better and has a better unit ratio.

>Campaign
>Forced esports
>Soul
Good god
>Avoid deathballing
Play better
>BW retard
Oh not this episode again

Don't die thread, RTS must live!

i never played legacy of the void, probably going to play it soon since i want to know how the story ends.

Any thoughts on Supreme Commander? Those walking ships look hilarious

Nice argument blizzdrone

>Buzzwords
Alright here's your last (You)

Playing against CPU in Brood War rn

I literally can not comprehend how you are supposed to play this game. balancing more than one base and making sure you build and develop quickly enough is hard enough but my opponent will always have a ridiculously strong and large army by early mid game when I’m just starting to get more Hydralisks

I wish I were decent at playing games like this that require multitasking but my brain is literally not capable of it

I took a look at SC2 pro matches a bunch of years back to find out if the game was interesting (also looked at bits of the campaign missions and they looked fun enough for a good time). For every interesting match there'd be a fuck ton of very quick nearly insta-gg matches or extremely formulaic shit. The game also seemed incredibly "figured out", on top of having this weird aesthetic that looked a bit too clean to me. The game's visuals and the competitive environment just feels too sterile and this seems to be the opinion of most of my friends as well. I'm sure some knobhead will go "HURR GIT GUD" or something but whatever, it's the impression the game gave me and I sure as fuck can't be arsed to buy it and put in several hours to figure out if it's good at a high level play when other RTSs can instantly hook me on a few minutes of footage

>SupCom has been almost forgotten.
>Any thoughts on Supreme Commander?
Planetary Annihilation: Titans is what you need.

BW remaster is based
The art and voices in sc2 are trash like wtf were they thinking

>CPU
Play against real humans, all the multitasking stuff will come with practise
>Watching the game means you know it
God damn

Move attacking Mutas, positioning Dragoons effectively, making sure Ultras could get through Zerglings while maximizing damage output, and coordinated Reaver drops in SC1 required more micro and APM than anything present in SC2, where units just attack while moving, have charges, can move while winding up attacks etc.

Blizzard straight up said that they pushed Macro because of this, which is why every game is a constant expansion push.

Obviously.

See that's what I mean, I never said I figured out the game by watching it, I said that it looked incredibly sterile and non-fun outside of the really hype matches, same way I can watch gameplay of any other RTS and tell if I'll have fun or not. Learn to fucking read starkek

Attached: 1550391514296.png (546x432, 161K)

Wings of liberty was good. The expansions ruined the game. Legacy of the void made the game artificially and needlessly faster

Humans would only stomp me more quickly, no?

Of course I play since I'm not a pussy.

This game separates the cowards from real men.

bad thoughts
absolutely not

Got on the beta early, was the most hype I've ever been.

Soul was crushed in every way. The art direction is cartoony and ridiculous and completely inferior to starcraft and brood war. The story and characters were completely bastardized in the worst way possible and the gameplay is a complete let down from the first game aside from quality of life changes. Battle net client sucks, custom map community never took off like in the original, in every way it was just fucking garbage. Music was good at least.

Yes but it's how you get better and learn, only by practising against real people
Play the actual game
Based. What race?

t. Inferior American reflexes

>Custom maps
Every time, post discarded

Wol was kino despite shit balance. I remember Idra, DRG, MKP, MVP, Nestea, etc. Hots almost completely ruined the game but lotv fixed it up. It's probably the best it's ever been in terms of design, but i gotta say i miss wol. Maybe it's just the nostalgia tho

Watch Day 9's Let's learn Starcraft videos.
Basically what you are struggling with is basically the game. It can be improved by having a plan with the match, and developing good habits.

I don't play it anymore. I played it in the past, and had fun, but it's time to move on. There are plenty of other good games out there to try. Games don't have to last forever.

Jesus christ starkek didn't I tell you to learn how to fucking read? It looks like trash, I'm not gonna bother spending money on the game to find out if it becomes bearable once I hit a certain level play. I already went against my better judgement with other games and I regret it immensely. I looked AoE 2 and even Brood War gameplay and the games look appealing to me so I got the games and they were fun enjoyable experiences, I looked at several hours worth of SC2 matches over the course of weeks and it still looked boring. Just let it go buddy it just means the game's not for me, if you enjoy it then more power to you

Attached: 1550308167609.gif (449x704, 1.8M)

WoL was not good, neither was the next expansion or the one after in terms of multiplayer. The game it is now is finally somewhat interesting with different units being used. WoL was so fucking bad
I barely played after the first expansion but my entire life was sc2 WoL. Took me over a year to realise the shit balancing and lack of strategy to win.
Counters were insanely strong and the game was all macro. You either cheesed or turtles. And yea timing attacks where you 4 gate or the MC two base 8 gate all in are cheeses. Any all in is cheese and only now are games kind of interesting

A lot of the imbalance was attributed to the game being fresh and not being completely figured out and have a stable meta. But at the same time that’s what made it fun

If you're trash then practise, I don't understand why you're seething.
Hello bronzie, be sure to keep blaming the game instead of your skill

I met idra at mlg Raleigh. Pretended to be a journalist and got to sit up front before someone asked for our credentials
He got cheesed and wrecked but it was cool.
Incontrol actually said hey to me first, cause he thought i was journalist. Met catz and a few Koreans.
Stared at MMA from a distance. He was god at the time, i didnt have the balls

Attached: 1550308105257.jpg (1277x720, 173K)

I saw Day9 at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Ended my time with the game at masters, but keep coping, I'm sure you'll feel alright.
Im just saying I enjoyed it till it felt coin flippy or the shit balance really showed through. I could have gotten better, but knowing i didnt have options on how i like to play was enough for me to let it go

>If you're trash then practise

This is the most bluepilled mindset ever. You need to have an above average IQ, above average reflex, and both focus and quick decision making skills, all of which are immutable factors more or less determined during early childhood or even birth

MOBAs and RTS are for the genetically gifted

Classic

I hate how it's like a cliche hollywood movie instead of grimdark that starcraft 1 was

Never 2get

Attached: soocndplace.jpg (852x1368, 103K)

But I'm having a great time learning the games nuances and depth, you clearly have given up. Let me guess, you also call pro players "Tryhards"?
Here's your (You)

>Avilo is grandmasters he’s a gifted high iq person

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>What are yout thoughts on StarCraft II
Over-hyped over-cooked eSports pandering shit RTS garbage riding on the coattails of Brood War.

>and do you still play?
fuck no I dropped that shit like an unwanted baby before Heart of the Swarm was even announced.

Not true. Theres been players that win through intelligence over brute force in every competitive seen.
Youre right some ways tho, you do have to be on a certain level, but I believe that level can be achieved through practice. But Just because someone is faster doesnt mean they're better.
Game knowledge and reading an opponent goes much farther, and both of those things are learned

CoH2 suffers from a lot of the same problems, though there is still some room for inventive play.

Zerg

based and 200/200 at 6 minutespilled

I gave up so to speak back WoL. I didnt enjoy the game anymore. For reasons i stated but i guess another big one is none of my friends played it. I'm content with my choice
But its hella fun to learn all the stuff and see yourself getting better. First time i beat a diamond player i freaked out and shouted, waking up my roommate.
Enjoy yourself friend, and from what little ive seen, the game looks way better now

At least you aren't putting others down for improving, I've seen that way too often

It's not a bad game but fights revolve too much around aoe that makes one side loose instantly. I get it that that is how they are trying to somewhat discourage deathballs, but still, the movement mechanic itself makes sure all your shit clumps up when you try to move anywhere. Things like distruptors is are just pure cancer. Eventually i just got fed up with all the bullshit and moved on to turn based games.

isn't SC2 f2p now?

I played a lot in WoL and had fun, I don't really care about it anymore.

Attached: 1547402508980.jpg (3121x2302, 1.6M)

No you just don't know how to play

>it will never be 2011 again
youtube.com/watch?v=7xoE5LrIP2c&list=WL&index=24

Are UMS maps any good?

Attached: 1552973836354.jpg (480x360, 15K)

They're as good as Sora. That is to say not at all
1v1 player vs player is the real Starcraft, anything else is a joke

You're right, user, don't listen to the Blizzard dicksucker. SC2 was sterilized in comparison to SC1. It's why Blizzard made it so hard for ASL (an independent SC1 tournament) to have any relevance. Wouldn't let them stream on Twitch unless they paid an outrageous amount of money, sucking out the genuinity.

Attached: v5vH-kslelGuzyJcDv8fhQrn3VHk1R6JKnF6-rynwUQ.jpg?width=946&auto=webp&s=279438e82be3fb89d9e6c4 (946x768, 115K)

I skipped school to buy wol. Sc was the based game ever. But just like with all other blizzard gsme they had to fuck it up. Never going buy anything blizzard related ever again fuck them.

And I'd just see Nick jacking off

>I'm shit at the campaign and UMS and have nostalgia
>This makes SC2 a bad game
lmao Yea Forums is retarded

I feel a mix of disgust and empathy.

I think Star Craft 2's plot could have been a lot better if the campaigns were released backwards.

Things got worse after the broodwars and despite reclaiming Aiur, the zerg returned in full force. The fight losing battles as you try to save as many of the protoss as possible. You learn some spooky weird shit is going on that is controlling everyone, Zerg, Terran, and Protoss alike. It will take all the great leaders of the factions lead by the protoss to defeat Amon's bullshit. The two races created by the Xel'nana have to sacrific something important to them, the protoss their telepathic mind connection and the Zerg their queen. The protoss trick Kerrigan into doing this, knowing she wouldn't give up her power. The defeat Amon. Kerrigan becomes mostly human again at the end.

Kerrigan is upset at losing her powers from this. She works to rebuild herself as she becomes the queen of blades again causing all sorts of chaos to spite everyone who fucked with her again. She fully embraces her position and lashes out at everyone else to build up her swarm. Despite having regained her power, Mengsk manages to carve out a new Empire in the ashes from defeating Amon. Kerrigan finds herself unable to properly defeat Mengsk. Kerrigan ends on a high note of being powerful but unable to secure total control.

Kerrigan is upset she can't beat Mengsk so she starts to manipulate Raynor into helping her. She gets agents of hers to teases that some old Xel'naga parts can remove the rest of the zerg energy in her and it just so happens that Mengsk has these parts. Rayor is leads a rebellion against Mengsk and even teams up with Kerrigan at some point to take him down. Depending on how many xel'naga parts you collected, you either defeat Kerrigan by killing her, or defeat Kerrigan by turning her human again.

/end fanfiction

I really enjoyed the early years of sc2. Got bored of though and every time I come back it just doesn't hook me.
It was also a fucking stress, I was platinum/diamond and if I took 1 day off I would be rusty in my first game. You need to play it every day and tryhard every game if you want to be competitive

Why is CoH so much better than CoH2

Grow up, user. You were the one shitting up the Korea time threads, weren't you? You wouldn't know a good game from a bad one even if it hit you in the face.

>Grow up
Oh so you have no actual discussion and want to shitpost, got it

Gook click killed RTS. APM is not strategy.

What, it doesn't take any "reflexes" to play SC2 lol

Nah, you can definitely improve. You just suck shit and have a awful mentality

Fuck me this board is shit, I'm out faggots

>SC1's order was Terran > Zerg > Protoss
>Brood War's order was Protoss > Terran > Zerg
>SC2 does Terran > Zerg > Protoss again
This bothers my autism

Actually based

You are so cool

The fact that they are still balancing this game should tell you everything.

>Idra
>Incontrol
>Husky
Those were the days, man

Hey someone asked how people felt about SC2. It sucks

Why would they stop :^)

Attached: GOMTV.jpg (410x123, 6K)

brainlet

What I said also applies to basically everything. Don’t get so defensive, it’s just how life works

>tfw no more tournament collages because no one cares

Attached: 1438582161420.jpg (399x474, 12K)

I honestly miss him bros, his BM was some of the best

Attached: 1543016809496.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

I'm not being defensive, I'm telling you you have shit mentality, and it is definitely possible to improve at a game. Everything is not innate and set in stone.

How did tasteless get so fucking fat?

Willfully ignorant. Yes, you CAN improve with the right circumstances, but these circumstances are rarely if ever actually in the control of the individual

After a certain point of mental defect and general low capacity for stress the brain stops being able to even comprehend something an RTS where you have to be on to of everything all the time

Despite years of practice I can barely even manage something like drawing so I am just fucking laughing at people like you saying all you need is to "B Urself :)"

MLGs were comfy

Attached: 1533786268780.jpg (2747x1665, 1M)

no steam no buy

>but these circumstances are rarely if ever actually in the control of the individual
Oh okay, so you're retarded
>so I am just fucking laughing at people like you saying all you need is to "B Urself :)"
Might wanna work on your reading comprehension. You have to practice to improve, which can be done. This is what's being stated. I'm not saying anything at all like "be urself lol". Braindead ape.

>Oh okay, so you're retarded
>Might wanna work on your reading comprehension.
>Braindead ape.
So you agree with the premise that mental capacity is predetermined. Perfect.

bet you never even made diamond hahaha

>I suck at game it's impossible to get better!
Loving every laugh

I remember back in the day people quitting their job or their school just to train all day every day to become pro. Little did they know how stupid that was lmao.

Attached: china-fattest-man-12-758x505.jpg (758x505, 34K)

Those are things that pros learn to master which doesn't impact most players, things like Inject Larva is part of the fundamental gameplay and feels like shit for most players.

It has better singleplayer but even with CoH2's p2w shit it has far worse multiplayer.

The campaign was fun although the storyline was butchered , online just didn't hold a candle to broodwar though

Not if you're Korean!

>online just didn't hold a candle to broodwar though
But the custom games are a million times better and there's actually a matchmaking system. Sure you're not just nostalgic for BW?

>plat shitter during HOTS
>quit because every game ends up in a swarmhost stalemate
>try lotv now that it's free
>get diamond within 3 days
What the fuck? Is it really this dead?

Some people get A+ on cs after a mere thousand houra while others stuck Nova/AKs. Of course you can do better but skill is predetermined

Yes
>used to stuck high bronze/low silver around 2015 when I started
>recalibrate during f2play period, get gold then plat somehow losing most of my matches

>main zerg
>masters league
>haven't been able to ladder the last 3 months because of work and missing all the OP Nydus shit for ez GM finally
feels bad man it was our turn

>I wish I were decent at playing games like this that require multitasking but my brain is literally not capable of it

you have to break into it.

honestly, playing ladder brood war is something most everyone needs to experience. suffering losses, most of which are cheeses that are infuriating, prepares you for life. my job is less stressful than ladder bw, and i deal with customers that have no clue on government regulations affecting them . and the few times you do win, you fucking deserve it.

>APM meme
you're just shit at the game mate, I'm high masters with 140 APM

the quality of the unit VA and the UI.

otherwise it's balanced to shit. i dont miss buyable veterancy from WH at al.

it's doo doo.

StarCraft is a bad RTS. Yes, that includes original and meme war

some of my best memories are from grinding ladder during wings of liberty

it's a shame what they did to protoss in this game though, what an awful race

they botched all of them. Deathballing is so fucking gay and ruined the game.

I tried to get into Starcraft 2 dozens of times but it's impossible, it's like the game does not want you to learn how to play it.

Attached: 1527074768697.jpg (464x538, 34K)

i think an argument could be made for TvZ being decent, with all the drops and ling/bane play it actually felt like playing starcraft as it should be

I wanted to learn Starcraft because of its reputation as a hard game.
I'm still a silver surfer, but I do think the game is fun

fpbp

They didn't even add a single new race. Blizzard has zero ambition, just remaking old games forever.

Is Monobattle lobbies still a thing? SC is hard but I wouldn't mind chilling out for a few hours making nothing but corruptors

Nope
I recently started replying the campaign though
Fucking GOAT

coh SP > coh2 sp
coh2 mp > coh 1 mp

to be fair though both are great games, the coh2mp is just abit more streamlined than coh1 mp despite the coh2mp being more lethal and having a more dumb commander system. coh 1 has the best campaigns handsdown.

WOL has the ebst campaign shame tychus got the bad end

>What are you thoughts on StarCraft II
Its in the best state its ever been in. So much variety in every match up.

Even if I said the 4th post of the thread, i agree, it IS in the best state the game has ever been

Strange though. It's not bad, it's just like i'm "not feelin' it"

Oh, whoops
I meant I was replaying SC1 campaign
However, I did enjoy WoL
Not terribly keen on Kerrigan turning human again. Was kinda dumb. Some of those missions were awesome though. Like those infested Terran missions with the day/night shit.

New StarCraft when???
What would you want in a sequel? Reboot?

How about a Diablo RTS where you're either Angels or Demons?

its a lot of fun both multiplayer and single player but the story is a huge disappointment compared to starcraft bw.

Decent strategy game that tries to operate and look like the classic ones.

Custom games have nice variety, but with time 10-20 maps occupied top. But still you can find pretty many interesting ones at the bottom. Much similar to WC3.

Ranked is VERY competetive. In real it is so competetive it can be really counted as job, despite not being paid at all. Do not recommend, as well as any other comptetetive game, as I oppose as very concept of comptetition as fun past-time activity.

I played through the campaigns last year and I liked them. I don't expect anything up to even that quality from Nu-Blizzard anymore ever again.

it sucks and they should make sc3 or wc4 and let this shit die

I haved watched and played SC2 basically as much as I possibly can since the beta came out in 2010. I have spent thousands of hours playing, and thousands more watching pro players and streams. i'm currently a diamond 3 Zerg. i'm literally watching streams right now

Attached: Starcraft2-logo.jpg (1417x742, 78K)

i would try that. Im playing zero-k now.

>about a Diablo RTS where you're either Angels or Demons?
That would be pretty fucking cool, Diablo hacknslash RTS hybrid. If ONLY there was a gigantic, loaded company that held the rights to Diablo, hmm. Like, someone with the reputation of doing fun shit that broke the mold several times with games filled with passion, and a long history of successful IPs. Someone, anyone, but fucking nuBlizzard.

Attached: 1503550284625.png (622x669, 457K)

Is the CO-OP unique campaigns n sheet?
Does it have high production values like the base campaigns?

yeah absolutely. they still happen often

Attached: 1424725742141.gif (310x325, 1.94M)

Any sandboxy RTS you remember fondly would have turned as bad if not worse as SC2 if the MP was that popular.

Comp fags ruined the casual fun of playing RTS and now all rts devs are copying SC2 and faceplanting every single time

Hmm
That could be pretty fucking awesome
Imagine it's like normal Diablo in that you need to dungeon crawl and kill enemies for gold, but the gold is used to upgrade and build new units and buildings.
So there's a ton of micro because units have a multitude of abilities, but also macro like base building / management and upgrades and shit

Yeah Co-op has a very high production value. Its the most played game mode in Starcraft and Blizzard keeps updating it regularly.

Stopped playing versus years ago because I found it boring. I usually go back to it for comp stomps or coop. If I'm really bored I replay the campaign even if it has the shittiest story I've ever played played in an RTS. They're lack of LAN and restriction on modding really killed the community.

Attached: SC2_Nova_Nuke.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

war3 is better

Nah

Share your best tourny memories

Attached: Rh50j.jpg (730x423, 51K)

Not fun to play, if you pay attention even casters and proplayers find it annoying and tedious, they keep playing it because they live of that

Knowing Blizzard? In another 15 years

get a life lol

Obviously a mobile Starcraft 3

The worse thing about SC2 was the community who tried so hard to meme it as MUH ESPORTS.

No, just playing it and having fun was not enough. It had to have a big stage, big bright lights, big söyboy audience, sports casters, company logos EVERYWHERE, etc.
It couldn't be a fun game that grows organically just like SC:BW did.
It had to be MUH ESPORTS.

And they could never shut up about it.

Fuck these fucking faggots forever.

Attached: 1533767198261.png (306x306, 112K)

I only play direct strike commanders.
Getting real fucking sick of the Alarak and Dehaka tryhard meta though.

you're not wrong, but I guarantee I have more money and women than you do my manz

Attached: scuttlebug2.png (1400x1037, 3.62M)

Attached: 1368704581241.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

>was master rank at sc2 during WoL
>complete utter shit at BW
when I watched pros doing insane micro on scrouge snipes while being clumped up makes me wonder how am I ever gonna get this level of git gud.

I don't know if I like it for having one of the most fun singleplayer RTS campaigns around, or hate it for destroying characters/story that I was actually invested in. If StarCraft I's writing wasn't so good, I would have probably liked II more.

I dont play SC2, but watch gsl, wcs, wesg, and iem series on the regular. I dont see how having an esports scene is a bad thing.

Bros I don't give a fuck about competitive esports crap and just want a fun RTS campaign, is this game good enough for that?

Yes. SC2 actually has one of the better Campaigns in the genre.

It's shit and killed Blizzard for me. I never played WoW so I don't know if that's where the decline began, but SC2 sealed the deal.

Maru is my spirit animal, I saw him take Scarlet down with five proxies in a row and ever since then I've dreamed of being able to Terran as hard as he Terrans

Okay for some reason my trip from another board was still on, sorry.

>thousands of hours of playing with thousands of hours streaming
>diamond 3
lol wtf dude learn how to learn instead of flopping about

Do you know any other mostly modern rts with good singleplayer senpai? I've played all the old games to hell and back and nowadays people only seem to make city builders.

I miss WoL so much bros, heart of the swarm literally killed the game.

I tried playing again but holy fuck the game doesn't feel competitive anymore everyone is fucking terrible doing random unoptimized strats, i got to diamond in a breeze even though in WoL you had to spend a lot of fucking effort and time perfecting everything to get to diamond+ but now its a breeze.

all the sc2 related sites are dead aswell, I remember when teamliquid's sc2 forum was the go to for builds and discussions for a lot of people now it's dead as fuck.

TAKE ME BACK BROS I MISS WOL SO MUCH I MISS THE COMFY ESPORTS MEMES AND THE SENSE OF COMPETITION

Attached: 14890280982093.jpg (665x662, 184K)

Have you checked out any Total War games?

Sorry user I don't know. I haven't followed modern RTS in years. Most of them are more the on the competitive side of things

>I tried playing again but holy fuck the game doesn't feel competitive anymore everyone is fucking terrible doing random unoptimized strats
Then rank up? You're clearly playing against people worse than you

I got to diamond nigga and it was still really bad, I can't blame them it feels like the competitive aspect of the game is dead and people are no longer analyzing the meta making guides for new players anymore or at the very least nowhere as well as they did during WoL so most players are really bad.

I want warcraft 4

You're wrong, because the game gets more views on twitch than it did back in the day during tournaments.

I don't mean to insult diamond players, but diamond is not competitive. Anyone with a basic understanding of the game can get to diamond, and the players you play against don't understand how the game works. They just do the first random fun build that comes to mind and pray it works.

the brackets just moved bro, you're still shit at the game floating 800 minerals like a retard

>What are you thoughts on StarCraft II
LOL nuBLIZZ LMAO
>do you still play?
Never played it in the first place.

There's an 800 MMR difference from Diamond-3 to Masters-3 but only a ~300 MMR difference between all the leagues lower. They inflated the groups to make people feel good.

>tee hee money and womanz!
Grow up, while you're at it.

>because the game gets more views on twitch than it did back in the day during tournaments.
I'm VERY doubtful about that mate, sc2 consistently got to top 5 most viewed games on twitch back in WoL during tournaments, last time I tuned in it struggled to break 10-15k total.

>I don't mean to insult diamond players, but diamond is not competitive. Anyone with a basic understanding of the game can get to diamond
Right now it is, but back during WoL you'd have to put A LOT of effort and time to get to it because the game was highly competitive and everyone was on the top of their game

This is probably why, it seems they made it MUCH MUCH easier to get higher up in brackets which is why even diamond is filled with shitters.

Too bad it looks like cartoony shit because a bunch of unit concepts are pretty cool