What is your honest opinion

What is your honest opinion.

Attached: sekiro.jpg (460x215, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RQmW-Rylr5c?t=85
lovecraftzine.com/lovecraftian-video-games/
youtube.com/watch?v=2P1eKThZG-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The best action game I've played this year. I hope From makes more games like this.

Very fun game, funnest action game I ever played maybe except W101. Tons of room for positive improvement too. Misses some marks of the earlier games... no game is perfect. Really makes me hate the Souls "rating threads."

It's extremely fun and I don't get why some people are so angry about it.

Absolutely terrible
Hard for the sake of being hard

it's okay, I never really liked action games or the souls series though

It's quite good
I'm quite bad

Gameplay is great, but the world and story was a real step down.

Really all i want now is sekiro swordplay in a soulsborne game.

>hard
but it's not? have you ever played a game made before 1990?

i didn't like it

great game got its moments on very good enemy/boss ebcounters, but lacks lore and detailed world design,

8/10, good combat and world but no replayability and exploration is not worth it because ceramic shards

really good but exhausting game

Don't forget bite down.

Shit replay value.

Good gameplay
Worst translation since Demon Souls

That they should hurry the fuck up and release the dlc.

An amazing first playthrough but I really don't give a shit about replaying it, even with no charm + bell I got bored halfway through ng+.

It is better than Souls

Fun game. I always have sub 1 k/d ratio in FPSs and still had fun with the game.

i love the game but goddamn any tips for saint Ishiin?

he still wrecking me in the first phase

Attached: 1545330734400.jpg (531x683, 73K)

It's harder than the last games without actually rewarding you with the crazy skyscraper high bosses and ideas that work better in a fantasy setting

I think it works better for people who are not From fans which is quite ironic

Still 8/10

Attached: IMG_3726.jpg (680x907, 46K)

Great game, but dogshit replay value.
I have never felt so starved for DLC for any souls game because I want to play it more but there is literally no reason to.

Attached: 1554599568162.gif (372x200, 1.32M)

Worst voice translation or text translation? Are you bilingual in Japanese?

GOTY
Git gud. Watch him. Be up in his face always

First phase is literally toddler tier.

>work better
>works better

Fuck I'm tired

From finally made a game whose difficulty doesnt feel cheap, its the best Souls game.

I beat sekiro. But i still cant kill o&s without summons

I don't think that kid was even conceived before 1990

GOTY

If you're having trouble now wait till you try no kuro's charm SSI.

Get out

Nice game, idk why people find great ape hard. I beated him on my first try.

Attached: 1554405811801m.jpg (531x1024, 79K)

Literally learn his moves. There's no other way. Also to win you have to master timinh your deflects, no more mashing L1, as you need to keep pressure on him despite his posture regenerating faster than yours. So unless you perfect deflect you literally cannot win. He punishes healing so sprint away if you need to.

Then in his third stage don't panic, it's actually easier.

the centipede needs to have the face too

Wish you had more emblems (like 50 or something) so you could use more tools and arts freely, just nerf firecrackers and it'd be fine.

yeah i dont need advice from an incel.

Why bother. I did a 2nd run for the return ending and enemies already scale plus no more prayer bead.

pretty good but not 60 dollar good

Love it

Take your time, learn his moves and openings. Use the firecracker to stun him and hit him with that double Ichimonji if you need a breather. You can do it.

Please

I'm sad it's over and I'm about to be done once I do the last ending I need, the severance one, later today. I hope the DLC comes out later this year and is as expansive as the Old Hunters.
>Combat is great, first time I really felt I had to git gud in these games
>Beating SSI is maybe the best gaming high that I've ever felt aside from platinuming bloodborne
>Lore and storytelling/experience isn't as transcendent as bloodborne's but the core story is solid as hell and the story moments in the cutscenes are some of the best I've ever seen in a game
>Only negative is the performance on PS4, which is the worst of any major game I've played on it and sometimes has me fighting for hours at 10fps
I don't know what to do now. I wish I could go back to the day it came out. I remember being so shocked and excited when I beat Jobichiro, then butterfly, and so on. Now I breeze past all these bosses like they're nothing. And it hasn't even been half a month since it came out.

Attached: 1553023153197.jpg (195x221, 16K)

It was pretty good. Appreciate it for what it is, but I liked Souls better.

have sex

Has some problems, but still GotY.

First game i've finished in 2 years. Can you guys suggest another game to play? I'm lost.

I can't beat it

First phase is pure rock paper scissors, all about learning his moves and throwing out the one correct counter to get in some damage. Second phase is where he literally starts chasing down your ass to ram his spear up it.

Demon of hate was the best boss fight in a long time

It refined both the parry mechanic from mgs and the ki break system from nioh and made a system that intergrated and improved both.
I do wish that prosthetic and skill attack have more use rather than being a side grade with some situational use and exception (firecracker) most of the time.

Slightly worse Nioh.

Mediocre. I think I would like it more if the player could be faster and more responsive.

The same opinion I have EVERY FUCKING TIME THIS SHIT HAS BEEN ASKED. It's good. Now fuck off, you unoriginal loser.

Attached: LXjr5JT.jpg (541x296, 14K)

Because it's the way the game was intended to be played.

Recent God of War is great. Got overlooked as past iterations were best em ups but the new one reminded me of souls more than anything. I actually preferred it to sekiro by a good margin.

Its been awhile since I've played a game that God Hand mean. An Sekiro is that. I love God Hand tho so and I really like Sekiro, but it's one of those games that will fuck your ass if you don't get its combat system.

Way better than bloodborne and souls.

It was just a worse bloodborne boss.

have sex

I don't have a ps4 yet.

Folks overhype the ape, yes both of his forms and his buddy donkey kong as well.
Also folks overhype the demon of hatred, literally took them down more easily than sword saint.

>mgs
I meant MGR

It’s fun, but it’s a single player action game. There’s nothing to do after plat. I would rather From have made another soulsborne game. If I wanted a single player action game, I’d play DMC. 60 hours and I have done everything I can. 60 hours in a soulsborne game is nothing

>extended thumb top
> hidden thumb bot
ONE FUCKING JOB

This is bait

Well yeah. Isshin was the hardest boss in any from game. Took me 6 hours straight to beat him whereas orphan was about 4.

Great game with massive identity issues and a lot of underwhelming mechanics.

a nice 7/10. Beat it last week, put it down and I'm probably never playing it again. I know there's more endings and 2 (?) more bosses, but I just could not give a fuck less.
Fuck feudal Japan and fuck katanas.

Will he beat it?

Attached: basedphil.png (580x582, 666K)

Slit your wrists tranny

I wan't to try it to see if it's so hard, But i also don't want to be memed out of 60 euro

No.

Fun action game but bit of a let down after Souls/Bloodborne

Didn't like it at first but after a few hours I got in to it and i'm having fun. Still gitting gud though, but now I have learned to back off a bit and not just rush in. It is hard going from Souls to Sekiro because my muscle memeory keeps telling me to play it like Souls.

Hope we get some DLC for it.

Who cares?

What do I do if I cannot beat Isshin? Fighting Gayniggero is tiring and the whole load times are putting me off. Is there a cheese?

I really enjoyed it, sorry senpai. He's a lot of fun if you stay right on top of him. I was chugging red gourds in between phases, parrying everything you can, jumping over the rush attack and then rushing him before he can get the fireballs out, turtling under the umbrella when he jumps and then smacking him after the flames subsided. It was a great rush and a fun boss, I'm sorry it sounds like you had a different experience with him

>100,000 weeeews later

>first time fighting SSishin
>get to phase to on first go
Yeah hes going to be doable and his sword form isnt that tough either

Owl 2 so far is the hardest boss in the game.
It took me numerous tries just to get to phase 2 without dying.
Good thing they didn't give OWL 2 a phase 3

Attached: CHEERS.gif (500x278, 997K)

Sekiro = Bloodborne = Dark Souls 1 > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2
From is at their best when they do new stuff. Don't @ me telling me about Demon Souls.

Really good, Bloodborne is still better tho

This games' combat is a QTE. Prove me wrong.

You'll get it. It's literally a learn his move set operation.

I liked it a lot, still playing it. gameplay wise it's better than souls and even bb, in my opinion.

My honest opinion is that you're dumb not to wait for the DLC to improve the overall experience before playing it this time after what happened with BB.

Owl 2 is several levels below isshin in difficulty. The only real challenge is the camera and first few runs he punishes usual openings so it takes a second to get used to that.

Yes

too hard and to make the game easy you have to spam the parry button like a retard
id rather play fun games

B8

Boring. I only seem to like bloodborne and dark souls 1 for some reason. Dropped DSIII too.

I like the setting and swordplay system. Just wish there was more macro progression.

Don't mind that there is no way to overlevel, just wish there were more ways to improve your character/gear.

Nice pic, how do you like mine?

Attached: Guardian ape 2 Going bananas.jpg (1280x720, 290K)

It's a pretty great game, I wish the prosthetic had more presence in combat.

easily one of the best games of the generation

It's Dark Souls all over again media wise. It's something relatively fresh and difficult, media hops on the "LITERALLY UNBEATABLE" bandwagong and nerds feel like demigods because they can beat it. 1 year from now everyone will have adapted and say "it was never that hard"

6/10. A strong six, but the game still has a host of issues I can't really grip with, and the experience I had with it was at odds with the experience I believe the developers wanted me to have. Gameplay loop is generally better than souls titles and the satisfaction is there, but its focuses seem to conflict with one another and don't gel for me in the way I think was intended. Its strengths are strong but the weaknesses just as weak, I think Its origin as a tenchu comes off to me as more detrimental than it was beneficial. The overall experience isn't bad by any means, but it didn't leave any serious impression on me either. It mainly left me wishing I could play Nioh or Ninja Gaiden for the first time again or that Fromsoft had actually successfully made a stealth focused Tenchu game instead. It certainly didn't leave me anticipating a second playthrough for any of the stuff thats supposed to make you want to play through it again.

tl;dr felt mediocre as an action game, stealth elements were extremely weak outside of giving you a more reliable but cumbersome way of dealing with trash mobs. its main saving grace being the trademark fromsoft challenge bolstering its all too brief moments of satisfaction.

Attached: 1520790209227.png (496x360, 131K)

I mean it was hard though.

Not sure about that but he is the hardest base game final boss for sure.

Try firecrackers, he staggers for a moment, enough for you to get one slice in.
Just learn his entire moveset and hope for the best.
Good luck.

Text.

Nioh is better.

What the fuck is divine air lol?

Other ending(s), filling out skill trees/getting all the prosthetics, experimenting with different prosthetics than the first time around rather than cheesing with shuriken/firecrackers. Enjoying the fantastic bosses and mini-bosses again.
At least that's what I'm looking forward to.

Second phase is ez pz (especially if you know to use the spear), first phase he's so erratic though that it's difficult to beat until you fully understand his moveset which can take ten tries or so to fully get.

Second guardian ape with his ape bro was easier than the first GA fight, honestly. His buddy has a tiny health pool.

>Don't mind that there is no way to overlevel, just wish there were more ways to improve your character/gear.
This is a good thing. Any boss could be beat with zero skills (besides mikiri counter), honestly. Just gotta beat those mini bosses for prayer beads and learn movesets.
If there was a summon system/RPG leveling I most certainly would have taken the easy way out on some bosses, and I'm glad I didn't.

Great game, after ill finish all 4 endings dont think ill be coming back to it

I like it a lot. The combat is fun and fast paced and once you figure it out you feel like an utter badass, being able to counter everything an enemy throws at you. The setting isn't quite as compelling as Bloodborne's Yharnam and the story treads a lot of familiar ground but it's still very well realized. There are more than a few very memorable areas and locations like the Sunken Valley with all of its large Buddha statues or the monastery full of undead Shaolin Monks are quite beautiful

It's a decent game, but it's also a typical FromSoft game. Challenging, but certainly not difficult, yet it brings out all of the casuals claiming how it's the hardest game ever and literally impossible, thus driving everyone insane and eventually making actual discussion of the game impossible like it has become with Dark Souls/Bloodborne.

I like the game but the last boss really soured my opinion. It is just really bad game design.

- it takes 10 seconds to get from the idol to the arena and load the fight
- 1 minute to beat genichiro
- 30 seconds to reload the game and get back to the arena in case you are killed

Ok at this point let me only fight Isshin when I am done with Genichiro. There's no point in having to watch the cutscenes again. It prevents me from what boss fights are about, learning his patterns.

Isshin then has three phases, this is not bad and he is doable but in order to learn his moves I need to break through Genichiro and then the different phases again. I want to learn the second phase? Could take at least 5 minutes to get there each time. Plain bad game design.

Because of his bullshit grab that has a 10 foot radius.

Nioh isn't even better than Dark Souls let alone Sekiro

An exercise in tedium and boredom. Worse FROMsoft game by far.

Like all From games it's tedious, which gets conflated to difficult and then mistaken for fun by people who put in way to much time just memorizing patterns to the point that you are essentially just playing chess with a pretty interface.

I'm at the sunken valley and the game is starting to get annoying
>hurr gun guys
Riveting
>amazing poison swamps
Fascinating
>killing apes
Breathtaking, exhilarating

It's just going downhill after the monkey """"boss"""" fight. Considering how great senpou was, that stage should have ended with an amazing monk boss or something.
Dammit

First phase: get in tight and keep on him. Slash when you can to force him to block. If you're in close, he will do his easily counter-able attachs and he telegraphs his mikiri counter's very clearly. When he backs away is when he tends to use his bigger whirlwind and slash attack that shoots out at you, so try to lessen those as best you can. Put the time into this phase and it's not as intimidating as it first seems, you just can't give him much room because his more powerful attacks and gap closers fuck you up.
That being said his second and third phases still fuck me up though, I think I'm playing them too passively and not getting deflects and hits in when I should be because it's such a long fight.

That’s not the point. Nioh is a better Sengoku Souls than Sekiro.

Nioh is miles better than dark souls. Fuck off with your shit opinion zoomer.

No replayability. Not worth the cost.

Attached: 1299759369132.png (261x547, 9K)

Even though its not the games fault by any means, This is probably the worst impression its made on the whole for the industry on a wide scale. The games honestly nowhere near as difficult or challenging as its made out to be, and game journos have exacerbated it to the point of the absolute WORST kinds of people flinging shit at one another. Whether its an edgy gatekeeper or pitiful casual, this game really brought out the worst in people when it comes to the discourse around it.

wait til you get to the area where they reuse byrgenwirth soulsucking enemies

If you can't just tear through Genichiro at this point then you're plain bad dude

The people that somehow think Nioh is better are the zoomers that enjoy games with these retarded lootsystems though

Game is literally just a test of reaction time with shitty stealth sections between and damage sponge enemies.

>hurr gun guys
Unironically git gud
>amazing poison swamps
Took literally 30 seconds to get through the swamp, an improvement from every souls game ever
>killing apes
Guardian ape was kino, your opinion is bad and you should feel bad. We already got an entire massive area dedicated to monks

Numbers scare you, little boy?

Attached: 1476747032207.png (500x476, 39K)

I'm the worst person too ever play this game and i LOVE IT!,This game is great the combat is real.

And for some reason AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!!

This game reminds me of "Mike Tyson's Punch Out".

Attached: 1554256301461.gif (526x458, 496K)

Hands down best and most creatively inspired game From has shit out since demons souls.
Does any body else consider demons-bloodborne-sekiro to be from software's true souls trilogy?
Or is everyone still too hung up on le epic so super hardcore prepare to die souls?

I don't think sekiro is bad or anything but finishing it honestly just made me more excited for Nioh 2 than I was before. I think Nioh really aced the folk-lorish sengoku atmosphere that sekiro was only kinda-sorta going for. I really hope they let us actually fight Musashi this time instead of just a measily cameo.

That's not what I am complaining about but that you have to do it over and over again to be able to learn Isshin and if you do it many times you are bound to mess up.

>Reaction time
Lol what? Nothing in the game is really that fast that it's beyond even below average reaction times.

that doesn't make him any less of a boss run in a game that has otherwise gotten rid of them

9.5/10. Ils a masterpiece. I don't give it a 10 because the camera can get pretty irritating when fighting in small areas.

No, games like Nioh just cringe me

I'm 33 and I love it so you're wrong, moron.

I bet it does because you can't handle min/maxing or micro at all. You want the game to hold your hand so you don't need to make any decisions or plan anything.

>this game really brought out the worst in people when it comes to the discourse around it
Not that user but I agree. It's sad really, that this is the outcome of a game that by all considerations was meant to be a bit more niche than most, but people refuse to think every single game shouldn't appeal to as wide an audience as possible.
The whole easy mode shit is so mind-boggling. Imagine saying a Cormac McCarthy novel or David Lynch series should be dumbed down so braindead Fortite players can digest it more easily. You'd be rightfully laughed out of the medium you cover, but in gaymen, totally fine and you probably get a raise with all the extra clicks you're bringing in.

Niohs biggest flaw was definitely its loot system but the gameplay itself was miles ahead of its time, and certainly better than what Sekiro has to offer. Thats not even to say Sekiro was bad, its gameplay is generally better than most souls games, but Nioh felt like a perfect marriage of ninja gaiden and souls and was amazing to play because of it.

It's not about getting gud it's about having FUN
Not only the monks were harders but they were funs to fight.
Fighting fucking apes is SOULLESS

Which is why the game isn't very hard.

Way too fucking difficult

You probably just didn't develop very well

>Farming loot takes skill and planning
Now I've seen it all. Fuck off kid.

I love Yea Forums sometimes

Attached: 1551932618741.png (274x258, 46K)

more than you could muster, that much is apparent

The farming doesn't. Figuring out what to keep does.

Attached: 1502325324217.png (720x657, 247K)

It began as one of the most frustrating and unfun experiences I've ever had in a game. I considered quitting multiple times during the first couple of hours, and Butterfly almost filtered me (I couldn't believe how difficult a first boss was; I only had two healing items that did jackshit and no HP upgrades). But I kept at it, and after after I got gud, it became extremely addictive and will probably be one of my favorite games of 2019. Sekiro is one of those games where you have to be good to have any sort of fun with it, which is in contrast to Soulsborne, where you can be shit and die over and over and still have fun. Going back to Butterfly though, but after I beat her (via deflection and counter too, not by sidestepping-strike), the rest of the game seemed really reasonable in difficulty. In fact, I only died twice (no pun) from the stretch from Ogre all the way up to Genichiro (who I beat on the first try and unprepared for his boss fight).

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Extremely formulaic, relies way too heavily on its one mechanic which is polished to near perfection, the parrying system. The "near" in this case comes from its inherent input lag, reactions take a blow whenever input lag is present and it hurts this particular mechanic somewhat. Thankfully, educated reactions from pattern recognition help alleviating this somewhat.

But in exchange for this one mechanic being good, it looks like another aspect of it took a heavy blow.
Variety.
There's just not enough of it. From the way skills are balanced, whether its prosthetic skills or weapon arts to how enemies, mini-bosses and bosses are dealt with, it all feels samey. The bosses in particular feel like they're testing the player's ability to master the parrying system rather than fights where you get to use your already limited abilities. And the worst part is even when you force yourself to play any other way, it either doesn't work out or at best, the reward for trying something different is not that much better than sticking with what you learned at the beginning.

The battles can be amazing when the game mechanics click with you. But in doing so, the rest of the game feels lackluster because you discover the mechanics all lead to parrying and less of everything else.

The rest of the game's aspect are very good. This includes artstyle, characters, setting and most importantly, animations. Good animations give life to a game like nothing else.

t. on NG+2 atm, did true ending and shura so far

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-07 12-44-38-85.jpg (1920x1080, 140K)

I think nioh implement diversity of moveset in stance and skill in combat better but sekiro’s posture system is better than ki’s break. Of course, nioh has ki pulse and sekiro has deflect so it’s hard to put neither system over another.

GOTY

The only boss I just gave up on is Demon of Hatred. And I havent bothered with headless.

it's almost as if there's multiple posters or something

It's closer to a genre of games more based on reflects and I'm not a big fan of that but enjoyed Sekiro nonetheless.

This game got right the 1 on 1 fight spirit that past Fromsoft games since Demon Souls tend to get right, the amount of defensive options is very good and while a lot of people don't like the posture system and say that it's an easy way to cheese bosses I like it a lot, feels great when you are really focused on the defence and even then the combat progresses, it makes the fights way more interesting than just depleting a healthbar.

The game feels too long, has an average duration compared to any souls game but kinda feels lacking in variety since the setting is not too fantastic but I get that it's a more realistic game, the last stretch really has nothing interesting going on besides Demon of Hatred and Last boss which is a shame.

Exp scaling sucks ass, specially when a lot of techniques are down right useless and you can't respect them, emblems being a farmeable item is a big detriment to the game as well. If you are decentivized from using emblems and trying out techniques, you are decentivized from experimenting with techniques and gadgets against bosses that are giving you trouble. Didn't happened to me but I can imagine many players running out of emblems easily and there really is no point to add farming to a game that's quite strict with the amount of options you have for your moves. Feels really weird to complain about this when it's a problem that past fromsoft games hasn't had for good reason.

Overall I liked it, expected to love it for the setting but I ended up liking the game just because I love the challenge, not the hardest game I've played but it has a handful of good bosses that are just enjoyable to fight, to learn, and to fight back.

Attached: 613326521aced2fa6f6dd198876b9e13632a86f9c8662d08e1d0f459437749fa.jpg (640x640, 66K)

*fires up youtube to fight boredom*
*kills the same enemies in the same area for the 500000000th time*
Yep. It's pro gamer time

It's almost like there is more than one person on Yea Forums, crazy huh?

Ki pulse is a terrible system. Nioh would definitely improve if it used the deflect system of Sekiro.

Agreed. Genichiro should be beefed up to be his own boss or not there at all.

Yeah, it kinda sucks how almost all skills (save for Ichimonji for posture replenishment), feel really useless in boss fights.

Not to anyone who has ever played a video game with stats before. Also Poppy best girl

You should consider a career in video game journalism.

>cringe me
kill yourself faggot

>thinks dark souls is a masterpiece
>says someone else has brain problems
wew lad

*fires up 4chins*
*makes the same masturbatory posts about epic skills over and over again*
Yup, it's gamer time

the gotyay

Great 10/10 game but zero replay value.
100% it and have zero interest in playing it again

7.5/10, needs to rebalance combat arts for it to be 8.5/10.

Will also add that ng+ it's there just because it's a fromsoft game and people just expect it but really it adds nothing to the game. Noticed through it that the game is really tiny but it's padded out with a ton of minibosses which are enjoyable the first time through at least.

Hard mode sucks, it's just really cheap that you just get hit for like 80% damage whenever you take it.

This, except i could have done with a fewer souls elements, like a less gay death system.
Nioh is a ridiculously underrated game that kind of shot itself in the foot by trying to be souls-like+loot.
It is almost like team ninja made an amazing game, then the publisher was like "eeeehhhhh but dark souls is popular right now kids fuckin love that shit this isn't enough like dark souls it wont sell"
Also I am this user incase it helps you get my stance.

>game was fun
>but i don't want to have fun again
i don't get it

I wish they get rid of the loot system in Nioh 2 and just have static items. At most I'd be fine with a deterministic crafting system (i.e there's no RNG involved in what items and stats you get). It felt degenerate constantly updating myself with the same items but into a higher level just to retain the set bonus and get relevant armor defense / weapon damage. It really didn't add anything to the experience and trying to craft good items is too time consuming and expensive.

Implying that being born before 1990(which is ancient for this board) is some sort of noteworthy achievement or gatekeeping requirement
Fuck off boomer

They're honestly not really comparable other than what the developers might want the player to do/feel in combat, which is a strenous thing to make assumptions for. All I know is that if I want intense combat that pushes me to the limits of what I can execute with style and speed, then I'll want to play Nioh, because it plays far more like NG than souls. If I want a more meticulous and simplistic approach to dealing with an obstacle in front of me that forces me to play by the games books to succeed, I'll play Sekiro, because it plays far more like a Souls game than anything else.

why aren't these threads in /vg/ yet?

>Greentexts what I just did for no reason
>This is supposed to prove anything
k bro

Good game, really enjoyed it. Only issues I found is the lack of weapon variety and the fact that most hidden items are pretty shit.

The experience is 1:1 the same as the 4 other playthroughs. Every boss feels the same every encounter feels the same. Theres just no depth to be had.
I even tried my had at a challenge run with bell and no charm for my last 2 plays and nothing was fundamentally different except you had to perfect deflect.

>Niohonks Vs. Sekiretards
>Meanwhile best Ghost masterrace

>plat sekiro
>go back to das
>lose to o&s
Wtf bros???

I just went through the mist forest and killed this thing that was apparently making it misty. What the hell is this?

Attached: 9A01084C-A0C4-4C0F-82C0-C1F651AD120D.jpg (3840x2160, 812K)

I seriously don't understand. You don't enjoy playing the game?

I love the realm of gods. They're cute.

This game killed Souls game for me.
Peaked combat.

It's called implying you retarded reddit zoomer.

>Go back to das
Lmao why

Pretty great. Fromsoft's best action game yet.

you'll know when you're further in the game mate. leave the thread immediately.

>reddit tier shit meme
Go back.

Foreshadowing. Keep playing the game.

A based noble
You will meet a lot of them unless you are a fucking fag. If you are a fag, you don't get to enter the best area.

Yeah phew we almost ran out of room for the daily smash tier list and dlc-leak threads.
But really, I think your eceleb Twitter thread just hit the bump limit you might want to get the fuck outta here and make sure there's another one up.

>Hard mode sucks
git gud

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT THIS DEMON IS FUCKING STUPID
FUCK THIS MONHUN TIER BULLSHIT

I have been trying to get passed the blazing bull since it came out and I just can't, I have given up on the game now but up until that part I really enjoyed it, Gyoubu and that old Woman were pretty cool boss fights, and the enviroment is gorgeous. 9/10 would die again.

git gud: the game
7 hours in and i'm having a blast, even though at first it was extremely hard
just found the abandoned mine and there's like a shaman who shoots purple orbs and kills you almost instantly
i barely do any damage to him too

Too hard for me, I downloaded Samurai Jack on Gamecube instead. Very good game too
Just kidding, got no gaming PC, PS4 or X1

They are comparable because both game design around the same “pace” of combat. Both are more grounded with your attack and enemy attack being at certain speed instead of being really fast and flashy like ninja gaiden / dmc. Both has a system that encourage player to get into the enemy’s face and be proactive instead of passive. Unlike soul game, both encourage blocking with your weapon instead of pure dodging unless you have a shield.
Nioh would have been fine if it stuck with soul’s level of progression though. The problem stem from them going too far and making progression exponential instead of linear like in soul with all these huge % jump and stacking in weapon’s stat. Then, they make enemy’s power and difficulty exponential as well so the hardest missions revolve around building high offense to just to kill bosses before they can do shit, especially those multi boss fights.

Honestly, I feel the moves themselves are not inherently bad. When they work. But for them to work you need to know exactly what the enemy will do next so you can be preemptive with them + know when to stop a move midway instead of doing the whole thing.

And that's where I think they got the moves wrong. Poise. Hyper armor, whatever you wanna call it. They got none of that and that's why the player has to go through hoops to even use them. Axe prosthetic is the only move I can think of that has poise/armor.

And then you see high level enemies using some of these moves even when getting hit multiple times. Can never stop thinking that the players should have the same armor when doing these moves, especially when they spend emblems for them.

There's a mountain of adjustments I feel they should've done for skills but for now this one is on the top of my list.

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-07 12-02-21-82.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

You need an item to damage apparition type enemies, return later or find another way

Come back later to that section, the game has a lot of bosses/mini-bosses and I wouldn't tackle some of them in order of appearance.
Glad you're digging it. The game is really fun once it clicks and you unlearn the habits from previous From games.

It's the Souls game that requires the least amount of skill desu you can trivialize any boss by items or prosthetics.

why do people meme isshin so much? hes really not very hard at all.
stealth and traversal mechanics were disappointing. swordplay is fun though.
i find it pretty funny how many souls players cry about the game and eventually come around to it. these same players cried about nioh but because it doesnt have the fromsoft logo at the start they quit before making any attempt to understand it.

Incredible

No I definitely get what you mean. I feel like TN was trying to make a compromise to get the game to feel more imposing with adopting souls-elements like the checkpoint system but also doing a careful balancing act with its own unique flavors with the level-based world and loot-based progression. The loot thing is defintiely the hinge by which most players fall one way or the other on whether or not they liked it but most everyone who can appreciate good gameplay and good combat can appreciate Niohs finer points.

I think thats a great idea. The comfyness of the forge would be something I'd miss but ultimately lessening the tedium and streamlining any kind of gear progression would be nothing but a solid positive to Nioh 2. I personally wouldn't mind if the loot system stayed the same because my love for the gameplay far outweighed how cumbersome it could be at times, but any progress toward keeping options open for builds while streamlining and eliminating the tedium to ACT on those builds is a step toward making Nioh way more accessible to those averse to the numbers-game and just a way more concise experience in general.

Honestly discussing all this made me realize one of Sekiros more recognizable points is also a hinge that players seem to divide from; The lack of modular progression. In Sekiro the upgrades you can make to vitality don't really matter when compared to the the minimum skill floor you need to manage beating any given boss, and it feels far more "Stripped back" for it, but that also gives the game a more refined feeling experience with its systems not being encumbered by other elements. This leaves someone that likes more options in their action games wanting but leaves people contented to play strictly by the games intended systems (However simplistic) perfectly satisfied.

Good for one playthrough, then becomes tedious.
Can replay DaS as many times as I want and not get bored, it's a shame Sekiro is so different.

>A based noble
im comin for you bitches

Attached: vGh8JssGcIsgDL0dolNnxfssi8eF7JOjSUiYoCbsXa8.png?width=466&auto=webp&s=86568aecdc52ff759744c7 (466x457, 147K)

7/10 due to all its technical issues.

It's shit.
Boring and uninspiring. Stealth turns this game into a tedious "backstab, run away, return back and backstab the next enemy" shitfest. Yes, you can fight them, but some of the normal mobs can easily hit you for half your HP. So killing them in fair fight is high risk no reward. The game encourages this shitty unfun stealth gameplay. By the end of the game I got so bored I just ran through all enemies. I ran through the whole Foundation Palace ignoring all enemies and nothing killed me. It's a fucking joke.
Exploration is shit, you only get sugars and balloons.
Shitton of lazily reused enemies. They didn't even try.
The worst soundtrack possible. The battle theme in Senpou Temple zone was so bad I had to completely mute bgm.
Some bosses are fun, though it's annoying when you get killed by camera. Also Isshin is way too strong compared to all other bosses.

But what amazes me is the amount of praise this game gets simply because it's hard and because few retarded journalists couldn't beat it. I bet if DS2 would come out this year it would be regarded as the best Souls game ever simply because it's harder than DS1.

Worth full price?

I enjoyed the problem solving and learning the boss, but now that I have every boss down the game lost its charm.
In souls i could do a different build/weapon/playstyle and relearn the fight, in Sekiro theres really only one way.

user gave me great advice, hold down run and he’ll never be able to outpace you and stick to his rear end, he can never kick you like the horse. Just keep chasing after his ass and you’ll beat him no problem.

I think your last paragraph is on the nose. As someone who always found the RPG elements in DS series extremely lackluster and/or encumbering for the action experience, I very much prefer Sekiro. I will probably replay it soon, and I will not need 50 different weapons to make me enjoy it.

>world and story was a step down

Absolute bullshit. This is the best story and most coherent and well thought out world they’ve created

>The battle theme in Senpou Temple zone was so bad I had to completely mute bgm.
the state of zoomers

>Only one save file
>80% of items are not worth picking up

What did they mean by this?

I see. So there's no enjoyment to be found in just executing? I sort of feel sorry for you, if that's truly the case.

> combat is too hard so resort to stealth to clear any enemy, even smaller mobs
> game punish you if you choose to play lame
> not even bother using some outright broken shinobi skill to fuck with the game and just avoid playing the game altogether by running through everything

?
you can have multiple
are you retarded?

well to be fair the world is essentially just sengoku japan with some Fromsoft grimdark flavor. Not trying to be reductionist or demean what Sekiro was going for, but the aesthetic and atmosphere itself is definitely well-trotten ground at this point.

Sounds like you're describing Nioh moreso than Sekiro lol

i love the combat, the characters, bossrs and the world.
i don't like stealth, the grapling hook and to a lesser extent the prosthetics.

Sorry man, different games appeal to different people. The combat is way too simplistic to keep me hooked. Its a good game, just not for repeated playthroughs imo.

Your post is all wrong, and the bad experience you had with the game is your fault

How the FUCK do I beat the demon of hatred?

>no horrendous hitboxes
>humanoid but a complete unique silhouette so that doesn't matter
>difficult but really great moveset
how the absolute fuck do fights as good as this exist in a game with intern-tier shit like Headless, Donkey & Candy Kong, and Blazing Bull? Just how?

Attached: 20190407163205_1.jpg (1920x1080, 551K)

the combat system is a glorified qte

Wait, he still hasn't?
I thought he already beat it weeks past

forgettable from title and my least favorite from "soul era" title , is not a bad game but im not going to be when the dlc release or the sequel and having played both and platinued both , Nioh is a far better experience

Attached: no liff.png (654x202, 50K)

I enjoyed the gameplay.
I enjoyed the story.
I enjoyed the characters
I enjoyed the bosses.
I enjoyed Purification ending.
I enjoyed Demon Bell/Path of Hardship difficulty modifiers.

I hated the setting.
I hated the OST.
I hated the world design.
I hated the linearity .
I hated the lack of replay value.
I hated the reuse of boss fights. (Genichiro 3 times, Owl twice, ape 3, monk twice etc)
I hated Returned ending

I still liked it, just don't consider it a souls game.

keep distance and wait for opportune momet to close in. you'll learn his patterns in no time and by then it becomes pretty easy

Give me a break you annoying Bloodborne faggot. The developers don’t owe you any grimdark shit and they can create whatever world they want. And this time instead of giving you a sequential arrangement of le twisted and le cuhrazzy dungeon after dungeon with varying landscapes for no reason, they gave you an actual world that had evolving landscapes that made sense in relation to where you were in the story.

This is my complain too.
DS1 and 2 didn't ahve any phases. You had a boss, that boss had a set of attacks, you learn his attacks, you learn what can be blocked, what should be dodged and when you have an opening for an attack. With every attempt you learn more and more about the fight which eventually allows you to kill the boss. Simple, straightfoward and fair.
But BB decided to introduce phases for some of the bosses. And DS3 decided to have phases (sometimes more than 2) for every single fucking boss. Bow bosses have new attacks in every phase. So all your attempts and all your knowledge you got in phase 1 is pointless in phase 2. But now every time you on phase 2 you need to go to phase 1 again. It makes learning things harder. It makes the fight tedious and unfun.
Sekiro went further. 4 phases for the final boss. Bravo Fromsoft.

If this wasn't in spanish this image could be the foundation for a new "Platinumed BB in x days" meme. I agree entirely with what you've posted but imagine taking it to the extreme for shitposting. A pasta that essentially says

"Man sekiro is absolute SHIT, I 100% it in 4 days."

>see tame opinion about sekiro
>sperg about BB
???

Just finished it today, fun/10

>- 1 minute to beat genichiro
nigga what?

I hated it

how the fuck do you even GET to demon of hatred? everything's closed off!

You’re the same type as the rest. It’s so obvious you’re a bloodborne meminh cringey faggot. This is the best world From’s created yet, and you think it’s bland simply because it doesn’t suit your needs and wants because you’re an annoying anglo.

It's alright

Man I think your malice is aimed at the wrong poster senpai. I actually don't really care for the grimdark stuff you get from most Fromsoft games, and Bloodbornes aesthetic and world didn't really appeal to me. I'd prefer LESS grimdark shit than more, and Sekiro was the least grimdark of them all and felt pleasant for it. I like that Sekiro had landscapes that made sense, and that they were aesthetically pleasing, I just feel like I've seen it all before, just like the grimdark stuff. Thats what I meant by well-trotten ground.

My favorite part of Sekiro (Aside from comfy monk mountain) aesthetically was actually the part that made the LEAST sense to me, the bodhisattva valley.

remember how you had to go through a valley with big snek to get to the other side of a broken bridge? that bridge is fixed now

Who /ran 30 minutes around Isshin/ here

i only take into account opinions of people who actually finished the game

>still sperging about BB
This is a sekiro thread user

Why would that valley make least sense? It’s perfectly in tune with the stories of mythical and ancient valleys with deep tree roots running through them and ancient statues to Buddha

Soulsfags got BTFO

Most fun I've had with a From Software game. I think BB and DaS do a few things better (mainly atmosphere and world design overall) but Sekiro's just so consistently strong.

I was tempted but I resisted and got the normal kill in the end

I ran around Owl though

It is. So take your shitty opinions out of here. Setting in Sekiro is amazing and best work From’s done yet.

I just ran through most areas and cheesed all the bosses now I'm at Isshin and I can't do shit should I do the Speedy Gonzalez tactic or just start a new game?

>no horrendous hitboxes
His overhead flip sword attack has somewhat inconsistent hitbox. I was recording my attempts and re-watched them later. I always tried to dodgestep that attack instead of deflecting to get 1-2 hits on the boss. I noticed that sometimes sword would come like few cm from my leg and the game would correctly register it as a miss. But in few cases the sword was meters away from me yet I still got hit. It's only that one attack and sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

You are the one who brought up Bloodborne.

Warping being available from the beginning cheapens it a lot.

if anyone tells you they can do shit to isshin without hours of practice they are lying

>19th billion game with sengoku setting
>good
hue

backtracking isn't fun

HOW DO I BEAT BUTTERFLY

Lmao, you sound like shitters who died to maneaters

>MFW fighting SS Isshin with an Attack power of 7 and able to get thru his first phase and Genechiro without using more than 3 of my ten heals
>still sitting on like 6 memories of defeted bosses which would increase my attack power to 13

Im practically gimping myself from fucking S isshin up.
I kind of feel like i want to finish unlcocking all the techinques before i head into NG+.

Did anyone else unlcok and buy everything before ehading into the NG+
I feel like it feels like a better start to start of with everything you need

Attached: MANLY URGES.gif (500x300, 483K)

I like it but it really is taking the piss with difficulty. I mean look at Genshiro and compare that to Ornstein and Smough.
Both are designed to be the mid point challenge to test your skills yet Genshiro has the difficulty of an end boss and three phases. At the half way point... It's just bad design.

you sound like the classic internet tough guy who lies online to feel good about himself

She’ll try to kick you in the face. When she does, get her shoes off and stick out your tongue.

Its such a good game that is being disrespected through discourse that its all about being a dick measuring contest on its difficulty. Its sad to see people so upset that there is a meta narrative within the game about the player overcoming challenge and that this is some fault of non inclusive game design.

Just play the game and figure it out, or don't and leave it be. You do not have to like the game and you're allowed to review it and give your thoughts, but don't be such a shitter that you have to draw up battle lines against the people who like the game a lot and beat it.

The narrative that the only problem in the discourse comes from 'git gud' comments is 100% false. Everyone on the conversation is baiting each other with belittling comments because they cannot accept things like most people who play games have shit motor functions, or people who know that the challenge of the game is directly linked to the overall enjoyment

Attached: Miyamoto on challenge.png (471x451, 206K)

Genichiro is pretty easy though? Just a skill check. In phase 3 he even does open himself to lightning attacks that do 25% health damage

I killed Genichiro (1st encounter) on my 1st attempt.
I killed 1st Owl on my 3rd attempt and 2nd Owl on my 1st attempt.
I killed Lady Butterfly on my 2nd attempt.
I killed double Ape on my 1st attempt (though the first Ape took me like 7-8 attempts).
But Isshin took me fucking HOURS. I just couldn't find any cheese strategy against him. To be honest it's just a shitty balance. Even if it's a final boss, he shouldn't be so much harder than any other boss. They definitely fucked up with the balance.

Backtracking can be fun if the level design is good.

no

you git gud

Lady Butterfly was a weird fight I hit her and she staggered so I hit her again until she dropped dead

It’s shit

The best FROM game

You walk away and return there later when you have at least more necklaces, few memory power ups and leveled up passive skills from Ashina Art tree.
Then this fight becomes a fucking joke.

´fucking wonky ass combat mechanics

but it's alright

Why is it so difficult to understand difficulty is subjective among you souls fags?
I found Isshin easy, but spent 2 hours on Butterfly. What you find easy/hard differs between people to people.

This is why you see people call ape EASY and others call him hard.

Well because there's dozens of FUCKHUGE buddah/bodhisattva statues everywhere bro. Admittedly this is when the more fantasitcal folk-lorish elements start to come into focus in sekiro but thats still a shitton of fucknormous statues but thats like 12 straight ushika buddahs in sengoku-era japan like who carved all this? Monkeybro?

Is it viable to run around Isshin or is that stupid?

Yes.

It took me like 30+ this on LB but like 2 on every other fight

It's stupid but you can beat him that way if you've got patience

What happens if you run around him?

It's the same strategy you can use against Owl he will jump and do a slam, you poke him once and start running again. Takes 20-30 minutes against Isshin.

Nothing really, it makes you way harder to hit,, it's just a really safe strat for scrubs who can't beat him normally

pro- best boss battles in all of From, verticality/level width is great, combat is so good that i don't want to return to souls games

con- setting is a little dull, exploration isn't rewarded with enough weird lore or items

So after Sekiro and Nioh can we all agree that medieval Japan is the most boring setting to ever exist? The architecture looks the same. the landscapes are boring rolling hills. It's the same when you go to Japan too, you will not be able to tell the temples apart.

No

Attached: 1536434919714.jpg (1024x1024, 115K)

If this is true for me then I'm going to shoot my tv. Hard to picture anything being more obnoxious than the nameless king

Fought her as my first boss. She is way, way more difficult than the next 3 major bosses. If you get gud and beat her without cheesing, it makes the rest of the game feel so much easier.

Honestly I love my fish wife

Attached: Okami Warrior.jpg (1023x1448, 578K)

>1 year from now everyone will have adapted and say "it was never that hard"
we're pretty much already at that point and quadriplegics are beating it

Good but I'm shit at it

I cant believe people say souls are hard

I haven't even bothered with the game. I got tired of From Software's games with Bloodborne and DS3 was the game I went to sleep.

Is Lady Butterfly based on Hino Enma? Did feel pretty similar as a boss

Cool Kenseiden remake.

Zoomer MAD

Gameplay is best FromSoft game, story is bad, not interesting, boring, I skipped almost all cutscenes and dialoges.

Can be fun, when you adapt to the mechanics, but also cheats by putting you against few enemies with some bosses. Dark purple and normal purple ninjas are the best example. The basically the same except for 2-3 moves, so its pretty much spam gank.
Although if you kill one off and use puppeteering, the battle falls flat on its face since now you just mash lights while the boss agros the other dude
Also fuck the final boss. 4 fazes, quick posture recovery, stunlocks and constant spam of attacks that cut your health in half each (even with all the beads) doesn't leave you satisfied after winning

Nah, they are nothing alike

"no"

>kill Lady Butterfly
>get item that says I can resurrect a second time now
>can't resurrect a second time before game over

Nice

>when most mini bosses gave you more trouble than the real bosses
I-I just don't know... should I just ignore them in ng+?

Demon Souls with a samurai skin/gimmick

So far I'd give it an 8/10 compared to Demon's and DS1 which I'd give 9/10. This is because of some performance issues which I didn't have to contend with in those titles, and because there's less variety in the setting even though the levels are still really good.

You have to give it to divine child or kuro

>NPC before Lady Butterfly says I need snap seeds to defeat her
>go to the boss room
>use snap seeds
>nothing happens
Nice.

Brainlet

>here is your rice

Attached: 1529665497561.jpg (1765x1200, 248K)

Playing really aggressively is the answer to most if not all enemies. It's simple but I enjoy it a lot.

>story was a real step down
impossible. there wasn't any story to begin with before so it can't be a step up or down

I hope you break your neck.

>Yea Forums
>before 1990

this place is filled with zoomer faggots dude

I think Bloodborne had the better setting/plot but Sekiro is a tad more fun for gameplay. Overall though BB beats it out.

>exploration is not worth it because some obviously placed items are ceramic shards
you never get something as worthless as ceramic shards if you find secret areas, which is what the exploration part is. Obviously placed items on the main path of the game doesn't count as exploration. You get gourd seeds, prayer beads and stuff like that for doing actual exploration and finding areas that are not in the main path

>waste all snap seeds on first two attempts
>learn you can't buy new ones
Nice

>realize it doesn't matter because she just randomly calls back her clones anyway

I just did Jobichiro and phase 1 of SS without getting hit. Anyone want to take bets on if I choke during phase 2/3 or not?

Attached: isshin-sword-saint-sekiro-bosses-900x506.jpg (900x506, 30K)

>Worst translation since Demon Souls
idk how good the other ones were, but despite not really knowing japanese aside from shit like hai, some parts were very obviously mistranslated. You dont even need to know Japanese to tell because the answer doesn't fit to the question.
And sometimes the translated text didn't fit Sekiro's personality.

>It's harder than the last games without actually rewarding you with the crazy skyscraper high bosses and ideas that work better in a fantasy setting
did this really make sense in your head?

I'm getting raped by issuing phase 3 please help me

great shit, could have been longer tho

Here's my last Isshin attempt. I can now kill Genichiro and Isshin's first phase without using a single healing charge. That's because I finally learned those phases. Isshin's 2nd phase completely wrecks me I don't feel too motivated to learn his new move set.

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE Screenshot 2019.04.07 - 21.08.08.10.jpg (1920x1080, 475K)

jump

Has its number of shortcomings but the direction and ambition of the game far outweights it. Amazing game, hope DLC or sequel is coming.

Very tedious. Preparing to fight a midboss takes time. Enemy health/posture is high, so the fights feel like punching a brick wall until it finally collapses. Every loss feels like a huge setback, so enemies are intimidating.
It's not altogether a bad thing, and I think an important step in enjoying the game is getting over what feels like a huge waste of time every time you lose.

Pretty fun fuckin game, although I found it to be a little too short. At first I thought the backtracking was clever but by the third time I was bored.

After second run without Kuro's Charm, base game seems way too easy honestly, but i guess it's balanced by not understanding mechanics at first.

Looking forward to dlc.

>There's no point in having to watch the cutscenes again
do you seriously not know that you can skip the cutscenes?

My GOTY

except, walking to bosses alone took 2 minutes in ds

I absolutely love the environments because they're basically 3D recreations of the ones in Muramasa, which I adore.

Attached: Iga.jpg (720x360, 38K)

It's pretty good. The stealth is terrible and almost pointless a lot of the time. The enemies are incredibly stupid with barely any peripheral vision but early on in the game they seem to be able to hear a stealth kill across the room. Once you upgrade your stealth though they become deaf in addition to dumb and blind. Most of the combat arts are pretty shit and useless as well. I find them very limited and they don't really ad much to the combat. I don't understand why I have to choose between them instead of having most or all available all the time. I feel the same about the prosthetics for the most part as well. The combat in general is pretty shallow. A big step up from Souls, and still very fun, but once you learn the parry, that's really all there is to it. A whole lot of really repetitive enemies and mini-bosses as well. That said it had some of the best bosses I've maybe ever seen and any standard encounter is a lot of fun, much more than most other action games. The story was also way better than I expected. Overall it's really solid but not amazing. I'm really looking forward to the DLC and/or sequel though.

It was pretty messy, but I just spammed L1 and mikirid his thrusts. Still no idea what to do for those charge spin attacks, but whatever.

Attached: 20190407_144607.jpg (2560x1440, 1.4M)

I need to kill one boss more to finish it but the levels are kinda lackluster too simple and plain visually, skills and prostetics are mosty useless and the fact that even mid bosses can oneshot you never stopped to be infuriating.

I think all the mobility Sekiro has is undermined by bullshit hitboxes and even more bullshit tracking moves (it was already a thing in Souls, but somehow more evident in Sekiro)

Its a 7 game being generous

I've been dying between his last two phases for hours. I think grinding attack power with the dragon mask might have been a better use of my time.

You don’t know real choke when you kill 1st phase gen and 1st phase isshin without damage, get wreck by 2nd phase isshin but pull through, then mistime an easy lightning reversal and die to chip damage of dragon slash because tilted and mis parry after

attack power gets diminishing returns, and honestly his posture is pretty shit. just play aggresive, memorize when to parry, and he'll die in 30 seconds

Parry spamming isn't fun. Revengeance was way better

I play at like a Souls game and get fucked up by everything

Well, yes. At least in Rising you could do something beyond parry-parry-hit-hit-parry-parry

Attached: Soul Game Quality Progression.png (1456x840, 25K)

The AI is the worst I have seen in 2019.

Attached: IGN gave this game a 9.5 out of 10.webm (960x544, 2.91M)

If you have demon bell then it’s impossible to spam parry against isshin, especially spear phase even on first playthrough. That shit literally posture break after 2 hits

how did you make this?

MGR let you parry a whole second before the attack, and the dodges had i-frames that make DS3 look forgiving. Not to mention your heals automatically apply.

8/10
7/10 is Dragon's Dogma, 8/10 is Monster Hunter World, 9/10 is Viewtiful Joe

You need to play it like DS3. Just instead of spamming rolls you need to spam L1. Works for every enemy in the game except for the last boss.

good game but fights are not as "fun" as souls games, in general.

it's intense, like guitar hero on max difficulty but if you fuck a note up you die (or parry). I feel like it forces a specific playstyle (spam r1/be aggressive, and parry counters) as being more passive actually makes the game harder.

This happened to me. You just need to get used to the new mechanics

>keep dodging into genichiro's grab because I think it's a thrust
I would've beaten him by kow if it wasn't for this

Can’t afford it

those guys are specifically weird because they can't see but react to noise

Does demon bell make L1 spamming impossible? I try to avoid it because it looks stupid and doesn't feel as effective, but some attacks (like Isshins phase 2) make me panic.

I don't bother with snap seeds since the radius isn't big enough to banish all of them and she just turns them into homing missiles after like 15 seconds of running in circles anyway
Snap seeds are more useful in other fights

LOL! is it ok if I save that pic bro?

Another disappointing sidestep for Fromsoft. When the combat clicks it's great, way deeper and harder than anything Souls or Bloodborne ever offered, but there's no variety and the pacing is awful. The difficulty curve is spiky as fuck, with every level being trivialized by stealth and every boss (and even most minibosses) after Genichiro being about as hard as endgame/DLC bosses from previous games. It feels a lot like a B-team game at times. Additionally the default controls are horrible (up on d-pad to heal? hold square to inhale items?), the dub is the ONLY bad dub in a modern Fromsoft game, the music is underwhelming after Bloodborne and DaS3, the story is generic, and the obnoxious unskippable pop-up tutorials are the worst addition to the series since ADP. Still a good game overall, but I won't replay it any time soon.

It's not just those guys. Even the human AI is incredibly dumb. At least the dumb AI in dark souls made sense because the enemies are undead zombies and not human.

Attached: AAA game AI.webm (960x544, 2.94M)

I'm surprised Yea Forums likes it so much

It's shit

Soulsborne is shit
Demon souls is shit
Dark souls is shit
Dark souls 2 is shit
Dark souls 3 is shit
Bloodborne is shit
Sekiro is shit
Any future games will be shit

Attached: 1552979891474.jpg (1087x1080, 112K)

Sekiro is literally an improvement of mgr parry system. MGR is sort of broken in comparison hence why Sam playthrough is superior even when it’s just a sort dlc mission.
MGR shares sekiro parry is that it is low risk because a parry too early just equal a block, which encourage player to parry more. The problem with mgr parry is that its reward is huge after just one parry with the automatic counter attack. Counter attack damage scale with difficult and becomes ridiculous that the game is dependent on it on harder playthrough. Sekiro takes that low risk parry system but force player to parry multiple times and also plan their own counter attack instead of having a huge auto counter attack

while i like the combat system, and it feels fresh, i'm too engrained into old habits from DaS/BB to a point where i'm not enjoying it much.

i'm not invested in the plot, the gameplay, characters or setting enough to want to git gud and get past the bits i'm horribly stuck on.

As a standalone runthrough, I enjoyed it more than any other FromSoft game, but I don't feel as inclined to replay it without different builds and PvP.

>t. games ((((((journalist))))))

top kek

>t. meme

A straight six.
Some bosses are actually fun like Ape, Owl and Monk.
Others are complete bullshit like Ishiin.
Feels like a rushed game.

Attached: 1549080960747.webm (667x500, 2.96M)

lol

worth a buy

the combat works, but it's more tedious than fun (for bosses).

most of the time you're just exploiting stuff (mikiri counters) or spamming L1 for parries to build posture. almost every boss will counter you after 3 R1s so only using 2 except on rare occasions is the rule.

you R1 twice, parry, then react to what they do, repeat. souls/bloodborne is a lot less...linear, I guess?

lol

hesitator detected

CLANG

I think Sekiro's parry feels better but MGR had more to the combat than just parry. There was actually something to do and learn and play with other than just the parry.

I think it is a good game, but it isn't for me. It sits in a weird place between a lot of different ideas, like stealth is very often encouraged but it isn't a great stealth game. Really it is impressive the systems work together as well as they do. I also don't like how often to make the big dudes harder they just surround them with smaller enemies, I'd much rather face a more complex big dude than have to thin the crowd each time. Maybe if the combat for group fights were better but it feels like batting away flies till I can actually get to the good bit. Also while I get the need for moves to track better here it is always going to be bullshit. I appreciate the game funnelling you towards one style of combat, yet I don't think a few more weapons would hurt the game. Even if they want to make a game about aggressive play there can still be more variation.

The fucking Monk, I cheaped the hell out of his true form and I dont regret it one bit. What an asshole he (she?) was

watered down souls with no multiplayer and no rpg features.

Don't drink the water

it has good elements but overall its a worse experience than des, das, bb and das3. lack of exploration, interesting designs, memorable experiences, a good ost. bland npcs.

a solid action game but nothing memorable. 3 years from now on people will still talk about das and bb while not many people will care about sekiro.

instead of playing a "find the safe spot" game with roll, I'm playing "time the parry" game with parry

Absolutely loved the look of the leves and some of the leveldesign.
Gameplay is lots of fun as well.
I wish there was some actual rewards for exploration tho, since most of the upgrades you make from found materials are absolutely useless.

7/10

OKAY
I keep hearing that you have to choose to go into NG+.
How does that work?!
After i beat Isshin SS do i have to walk away from Kuro body and back to the statue?

I see Kuro body lying on the battlefield where you fight Gen and Isshin,so i assume you have to walk over to his body to finish the game.

I'd put it over Dark Souls 3 but still under DeS, DaS and Bloodborne.

It's not a dedicated stealth as in "haha you got spotted ur fucked dude" and that's probably a good thing given how many people actually hate that style of gameplay
Sekiro stealth is for thinning the crowd beforehand and setting up an optimal battle by getting that first deathblow in immediately. The game isn't made to be played like dark souls but it lets you do it anyway if you give zero shits about stealth
It definitely introduces a lot of one and done gimmicks which is weird and overall relies too heavily on standard kit which strangely reminds me of Zelda

Also its one thing that Souls series was always cryptic, but in this game we barely get enough lore to have a proper idea. In the end I just stopped giving a fuck about joining the pieces

We get divine heir, fake divine heirs, divine dragons, evil centipedes, weird sake that turns people into fishes... Considering that everyone was seeking inmortality the array of options was huge, why bother to kidnap Kuro? (also no real attempt was done in that part, considering the kid was always free to roam around)

I've found like 8 prayer beads in various hidden places, even very early game

I loved everything about the game except some bad camera and the FUCKING INPUT QUEUE.

What is it with FromSoft and the 1 year fucking input queue? Any other game would just cancel your previous input if you input another one, but FromSoft put every input into a queue, which fucked me up way more than the actual mechanics of the game.

It's great. I'm really fucking pissed off for 40 hours of playtime and still want to finish this game. That is something.

Attached: 125120678906241.jpg (200x150, 23K)

BB made significantly less sense prior to Old Hunters, after which it became the pinnacle of Miyazaki lore.

BB destroys it

Go to his body, watch the ending and credits and everything. The game loads you back into your save afterwards so you can dick around infinitely if you want. You start NG+ from the main temple statue whenever you want.

How much attack power should I have so owl fight 2 isn't a chore?

Gotta be real with you, i can't go back to dark souls shit tier combat, only bloodborne now

the mini bosses are literal who copypasted samurais that feel like damage sponges. just hitting them isn't fast enough to kill them, you have to spam parry 100 times just to break their poise and take a huge chunk of HP.

Because Divine Blood is preferable to turning into a rotten centipede zombie or a slug/fish/man monster. Genichiro only wanted it to increase the might of his army and so restore the Ashina clan to glory.

>Sekiro stealth is for thinning the crowd beforehand and setting up an optimal battle by getting that first deathblow in immediately. The game isn't made to be played like dark souls
See I think of the thinning the crowd of being very DS. You aren't always doing it the same way, but the idea of take some of these guys out first without setting off anyone else cause the fight is a pain otherwise is very DS to me. Part of me wonders why not just make group combat more manageable and interesting. Your techniques kind of allow that in some sense but not to a big extent. Thinning the herd each time just gets a bit tiresome even if you only die a couple of times. One thing I liked was the extended range of movement let you avoid a lot of fights along the way, so it really never took that long to get back to where you were. But the thinning road block didn't ultimately feel like it was teaching me much.

Dragon blood resurrection is the best option by far, since the others all corrupt you into a monster, while dragon blood's downsides effect the people around you instead, which the antagonists obviously wouldn't care about.

This loli is nice she gives me rice
This loli is sweet, she helps me eat
This loli is cute, she gave me loot
This loli is funny, I WANT HER CUNNY

Attached: 2AECAB7D-043F-403E-8A49-811733E84E44.jpg (726x1024, 71K)

Good game, but too hard for me.

Fromsoft literally made bosses around their fucking horrendous input queque. One big reason why fighting nameless king is hard without shield. One of his combo literally is made to abuse the players’ input queque. For one combo, you can get hit, automatically roll right out of hitstun due a queque input happened BEFORE the fucking hit, and get hit again to die as the last hit of the combo is meant to punish roll right out of hitstun.

But the divine heir is just an offspring of the divine dragon, who is a pushover that lives in a mountain. Go to the source, his fish nobles are just a joke.
Also the monks managed to create a replica of the divine heir and... did nothing with it and decided to keep infesting themselves with centipedes?

Feels very lazy, I blame Activision's influence.

Story is serviceable, as it is in every open world FromSoft game going back to King's Field. Setting is love.

The cutscene cinematography is weird as hell. When it cuts to a new camera frame it does it abruptly and you can still see characters hair and clothes move weird as if they just spawned there.

>Story is bad
>I know it because i skipped it
Allrighty then!

Gameplay is great, story/lore is meh, music is garbage.

Bloodborne is still the best FromSoftware game.

Fucking agreed. The most annoying shit is when you have to run back and spend time trying to get to where you were. It's not like it's really difficult to traverse the land to get to the fight, it just kills time.

It's pretty good. I hope they make story dlc as good as the old hunters

Divine child is a pseudo replica. Sure she shares the characteristic of the divine heir such as her own immortality. However, she is unable to share it with her blood and the best she can do is making rice with it that heals you a bit. Achieving her immortality is a trial and error process that is different for each person and everyone who failed just straight up die. I guess nobody gonna go through it with like 99% fail rate just for 1% chance of immortality.

It's pretty different in practice because in DS you're just pulling niggas from the herd one by one, in Sekiro you can sneak around and vanish all of a samurai general's retinue until you can pounce him alone.
They're fundamentally different in purpose since DS is about a big gauntlet leading up to a boss while Sekiro lets you grapple and sneak wherever, you engage at will not because it's necessary to progress but because you want to explore or have a simple miniboss fight. Since Sekiro runbacks barely exist as a concept you can consider reclearing everything to be the runback.
Expecting a semi-stealthy ninja game to be dynasty warriors seems a bit bizarre but Sekiro still manages to make multi enemy combat pretty great albeit far from optimal and it almost never forces you into those situations like DS2/DS3 either

7/10 it needed some polish.
Didnt quite enjoy it as much as bloodborne which had a little more flavor and variety to it. has some interesting ideas that to me dont feel fleshed out.
like how 90% of the combat arts are fucking useless.

She can extend Sekiro's resurrection points tho (if Kuro doesnt do it before)

>guardian ape was kino
You're using that word wrong

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I BEAT ISSHIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 734563456.jpg (304x326, 45K)

They're pretty powerful for being a bunch of euphoric peaceniks that have only known longlasting tranquility because they're far removed from the mortal world
Wolf isn't just some average Joe, he's a trained killer raised on the battlefield but with a dose of their own immortality and no compunctions about filetting them
Stagnation is bad mmkay

Scaling with attack shits the bed at like, 20, and Im still on my first game trying to get the purification ending and Owl 2 is still an asshole at 11 attack so I dont think wasting time to grind 50 fucking skill points would be worth it.
These bosses are tedious assholes and from went out of their way to make everything """skill""" based instead of a chasing numbers game.

ive been practicing demon of hatred but im honestly getting burned out. ive already gotten all the prayer beads, beaten every other boss, explored everything, and im still 26 points from all of the skills. after i do owl 2 and the demon its just the ending and NG+ with nothing new to do except chase the other endings.

>from went out of their way to make everything """skill""" based instead of a chasing numbers game
oh noooo

Attached: 1299159771665.jpg (640x480, 43K)

I hate Snoy posters.
They see a franchise and immediately label the exclusives as the best of the best.
"Bloodborne is the best." "DeS is the best"
The fact that you honestly consider these titles better than Sekiro, a game that had just as long as development time as Bloodborne as well as improved gameplay for a modern era is absolutely baffling and extremely telling of your console war shitposting.

1:25
youtu.be/RQmW-Rylr5c?t=85

XD

It's a design choice I guess. Makes sense in Dark Souls, not a fan of it here. You CAN cancel the start of swings, but if you're halfway into a swing, you need to follow through.

>"Bloodborne is the best."
Facts
>"DeS is the best"
Wrong, 2nd worst one

Attached: 1481928524375.png (965x954, 1.29M)

>game hypes up ye olde Mortal Blade of legend that can kill the immortal
>fight my way up the holy mountain and go to the spirit realm to claim my right to it
>finally reach the Mortal Blade
>it goes in my inventory and Sekiro wears it on his back
>fuck year

>can't equip it
>can only use it for ONE martial art (that costs spirit emblems and is trash anyways)
>test it out on the infested monks
>it doesn't even kill them
>only ever use it in cutscenes or finisher moves to kill immortal enemies
>except for that one time that Sekiro FORGETS TO USE IT on guardian ape

what the fuck fromsoft

Attached: recliner of rage.jpg (888x500, 149K)

honestly, I felt more annoyed than anything even after beating it

Attached: woooooooooooooow.jpg (500x2066, 226K)

>lets remove anything with I-frames but keep the old dark souls insta-tracking on boss moves
>oh you know whatd be neat, if we took this combat system designed around 1v1 human enemies and just throw in a shitload of monsters that just ignore the core mechanics
Demon of Hatred, Guardian Ape, Headless, basically any boss that isnt a humanoid is fucking garbage to play against.

yea my dude go for it!

Sekiro invalidates all past souls games. Sorry. There's nothing to gain from blind loyalty.

Bloodborne really is great dude, my PS4 is literally a bloodborne player and that's fine.
DeS is only for especially sophisticated gentlemen.
Sekiro is really good but it's extremely lacking outside of combat and has zero variety which has always been a strong point of Soulsborne.

Bloodborne at the very least wasnt a fucking budget Nioh without even half of the goddamn historical/mythological references.

acquire proficiency

>test it out on the infested monks
>it doesn't even kill them

Yes it does, a red circle appears after the initial kill to use the mortal blade.

DeS fucking sucked ass and is another one of those games with neat concepts that dont pan out competently.

My list of grievances:
1. Input delay. This is extremely annoying when dealing with a game focused on timing things right.
2. Frame rate is fucking terrible in some parts of the game on console
3. Camera glitches the fuck out when you try to play by running or an enemy pushes you into a wall or corner.
4. Some questionable hitboxes make certain attacks just feel cheap.
5. Tedious and gets boring. Primarily with multi phase bosses, having to run all the way back when you die and having to waste a bunch of time to even get to the next phase so you can learn is is just annoying, not hard. Also being forced into pretty much using just the parry system or chipping health on some slower enemies is boring and repetitive.
6. Spirit emblems. Without these stupid shits, I feel the game would have been much more fun because you could take the time to use different techniques and tools and maybe see what works. Would certainly help with the repetitive parts of the game. At most, there should have been a cool down for some tools and abilities.
7. Reused bosses just feels lazy

stick to his left and attack after his sweep sweep stomp combo, use the malcontent whistle in phase 3, be careful about getting to close when he flings his fireballs because if you're too close he'll throw more

You realize lovecraft is just as overdone as sengoku right?
lovecraftzine.com/lovecraftian-video-games/

I am at Owl 2/Demon of Hatred/General endgame and acceptably proficient.
The game has issues that shouldve been left to stew a little bit more.

You can perform finishers on them but you can't kill them. They'll just revive a few seconds later with or without the mortal blade

>this says it dispels illusions, okay it probably helps during her second phase
>second phase begins
>she summons
>run directly into little ghost's face, use snap seed
>nothing
>run directly into butterfly's face, use snap seed
>nothing
>guess I'll just win

It's a sin that they could let their one weapon rule be broken for the mortal blade.

>I got to the end so that means I'm good
There's always room for improvement, the monster bosses you named are all silly and require the least technical skill out of all the bosses in the game.

never mind I'm retarded
you should be able to kill them with it right away though

couldn't*

r1, step forward, r1, step forward, r1, step forward

After the deathblow, stay close to them for a bit. Another deathblow prompt will appear.

Cool grandpa

Attached: ladda ned.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

None of the humanoids offer any depth because half of their moveset is invalidated thanks to the perilous system.

The non-humanoids are vastly more interesting to fight against honestly.

>y-youre not good, c-casual, youre only at the end of game
They are still pure tedium and as you said, dont require particular skill. theyre just boring horseshit.
There are just some QoL issues that go unresolved either because From has a lack of competence or care for their craft.

no

I want to see him fight the final boss, even champion gundyr will pale in comparison.

Fucking loving it. Just completed NG+ without the charm and with Bell Demon. The raging fire coursing through me because of those debuffs made me a proper Shura.

Attached: jamming.jpg (764x614, 236K)

Pretty sure on base ps4 the game has pretty bad input lag. I have to parry before the enemy even attacks or it doesn’t register . Pretty much ruined the game for me. I beat sword saint so I guess I got used to it but still. No excuse for this kind of input lag in a game like this, literally fucking ruins the whole experience

Fuck were they thinking

Attached: 9D30570D-A29F-48F4-9BA1-6916A1E5DCBE.gif (497x373, 489K)

R1, R1, dashing R1.
she's easy as fuck once you just accept that you cant just sit there and let her breath. she'll just use that time to throw horseshit at you. phase 2 is the exact same except you have to run circles for around a minute until the fight resumes.

Come on dude, you think you attained the pinnacle of skill? Face it you've been scraping by only because Miyazaki included a lot of crutches by design.
That's fine but for fucks sake, accept you are like a little baby and no different from all those twats that claim Genichiro is the hardest thing ever than steamroll him five seconds later because they got their shit together

no you didn't

I didn't play it but it was ok i guess

Is your TV on game mode or do you have a bunch of silly builtin postprocessing shit screwing it up?

>breaks through your parrying with FYRE
who had a blast playing this Fyre Festival?
a lot of people hate him
but he was fun

Attached: Oni of Hatred PEPE.jpg (1051x1080, 641K)

I just beat genichiro at the opening on ng+ with the extra chip damage, now I lost the ability to make it harder. I'm actually enraged that I just skipped through that whole thing thinking it was filler dialogue.

Isshin is anime as fuck

Sekiro won't replace the Dual Broken Straight Sword shaped hole in my heart
Or the Zweihander shaped one
Nor the ACME Anvil shaped one
Not even the Washing Pole shaped one

>Hard
Just run around him and bait his attacks then hit him while he is tired.

thats y no1 respects sonygggers

I claim nothing other than youre a faggot sucking miyazakis cock over a half-baked game and acting like its perfect when its a rough diamond at best.

>arrow 'hard'
I didnt say hard
i said hes fun

Same on xbox one. This game needed another couple months of polish.

>fun
he was fun for the first health bar and then after that he was just tedious.

>Dual Broken Straight Sword
Why

I enjoyed it a lot.

I think a gauntlet/ arena would work well with this game

>invalidates all past souls game
But it does everything worse except for combat speed, which isn't even a direct upgrade as it is a tangential one

Attached: sbsp5.jpg (500x376, 61K)

>monster that big needs 1 health bar
come on user

That's nice and all but you still need to git gud son.

the dark souls of action games

Pretty sure my tv is on game mode

Pretty new big screen flat wall mounted tv

No 4K either

I try to dodge all of his fire attack, and fire umbrella the one I can't dodge. I only parry his stomp and headstomp. Work out a lot better that way.

Imagine living life where the only thing that matters is brand loyalty. You're no better than applefags.

Is Demon of Hatred the tankiest soulsborne boss to date? I feel like even the toughest DaS bosses only took maybe a few dozen hits to kill tops, Demon takes at least 100.

He's a healthy boy for sure, I couldn't find any way to really speed up the killing either. Red lifesavers don't do shit.

Easy GOTY. Worse than BB but far greater than DS3.

Midir exists
Ancient Dragon exists.
King Vendrick exists.
Gael exists

still u gotta take a consideration of his stun phase
which is free damage
but
i do believe he is tankier than soulborne bosses

There's just like 3 hidden prayer beads in the whole game you lying nigger

Why do monkeys have centipedes inside them?

It's fun, and it's awesome.

>implying the brand loyalty isn't the massive Sekiro dicksucking that makes criticism of this game impossible

The whole game is just an iteration, my guy. But I'm going to assume this is your first From game so you want to feel cool and relevant.

play through Palace
and do side quest

None of those are tanky at all unless you're literally just tickling their balls

>In Skerio lore, people that come back from the dead come at their prime.
>This is Isshin in his prime
>Skinny arms
>Wrinkled, sickly skin
>One-eyed
>So fucking skinny you can see his ribcages

It is. It holds the higher ground due to its builds, weapon variety, and setting. Though the PvE experience is significantly better than DaS3's and especially DaS2's. I think you're instigating a console war, you triple nigger.

you will never believe what the next boss fight is gonna be

They have the most HP in the series. They are tanky
Stop being stupid.

don't drink the water bro, don't do it

The Broken Straight Sword R1 uses less stamina than almost every other attack in the game. You can swing it more times than you can roll. The first basic attack has a huge step forward, but the followup is weak. Having a second weapon in the offhand lets you have another large step forward. Between aggressive forward movement and low stamina cost, dual, unpowerstanced BSS was fun as hell and if you don't believe me you can bite me.
youtube.com/watch?v=2P1eKThZG-g

Attached: fritatta.png (388x400, 258K)

it's not a ninja game and he doesnt even use a real ninja sword and why the fuck cant we use different primaries. and why the fuck do i have to be surprised by bosses having a second stage, couldnt they atleast give a hint or something.

The brand you're being loyal to is Sony. Any game similar to the franchise is immediately inferior to you because its not a Sony Exclusive.
You are an awful individual and any discussion with you is pointless because of your blatant console war shitposting

Maybe it's not just physical prime but referring to skill and accomplishment?
He's almost as hard as Orphan of Kos so I'm willing to give him this one

Midir is only tanky if you're literally tickling it's balls like a retard instead of attacking the head

Vendrick is only tanky if you don't meet the actual requirements for fighting him correctly in which case you're either doing some challenge run or are just a retard

Gael is not tanky in any way the fuck is wrong with you faggot

>das2
Oh, who cares?

>builds
Agreed with you on the rest but come on man, BB only has 3-4 builds

I think I'm too old and busy to enjoy the "souls formula" anymore, but it's probably a pretty decent version of that for those who aren't.

Yea, Sekiro's stealth, while bad, can put you in some fun multiple enemy situation. Sure, you can be a boring dick and just reset enemy's aggro everytime you kill one and get discovered. You can also be fun by taking one down with stealth, and try to kill them one by one quickly before others arrive and start facing you. Choosing which one to stealth is part of the game, it can be the range enemy, or strongest melee enemy in the group. You can also breeze through many if you use shinobi special skill, especially puppet to the point that it's the best way to farm if you need to. Vault over let you activate it in non-stealth situation too. Puppet one strong enemy, especially a range one, is hilarious to see him completely wrecking all other enemies around it. Puppet on those fire cannon fags in the end game is hilarious. Of course, puppet also deals damage to you to keep you on your toes as well.

I think DS3 is somewhat fair in mob enemies situation. Usually a mob has bunch of weak enemies that can be stunlock and maybe one that is really strong so you always aim to be aggressive and try to kill the weak ones first. You can also stack weak ones up and stunlock through all of them with a long reach weapon. The aim was to be efficient and know enemy's placement and get your kills before they stack up on you.
DS2's multiple encounter is the worst. The game throw mob of big armored guy with high poise at you and you have no choice but to pull one by one or just run through them. Of course, amana is a different problem with enemy sniping from across the map with little or no cover and can't cover the distance to take out the range fags in time neither. I never just snipe enemies with range so much like in DS2 because I hate dealing with that bs

Meant for

>a real ninja sword

Attached: 1269491506460.jpg (722x676, 146K)

None of Sekiro bosses are tanky if you get enough Attack Ups and aren't using the bell :^)

Me
For my defense, it was in ng+2 and without kuro's charm.

yes there are actually hidden walls when you hug them you flip the wall over and get to a new area not kidding usually a small room or shortcut to areas.

Attached: anime protagonist.jpg (362x715, 56K)

I didn't mean input cancelling. I mean the queue where if you press attack twice, the game will always attack twice even if you press attack twice then dodge/block when the first attack is out. If there was no queue it would mean you attack once, then the second attack input would be cancelled by the dodge/block input and you would not attack a second time after the first animation.

This especially fucks you up when there are unblockable attacks with super armor that you absolutely have to dodge or deflect, but your character still has attacks queued.

There's literally just 2 of those walls in the whole game

Boring and repetitive. The combat lacks depth and the setting gets old quick. Also the bosses are largely shit with a few exceptions.

>Senpou Temple

Attached: 888B0734-D59C-4390-BDE5-DF2B765C3AA1.jpg (726x319, 81K)

And by just 2 I mean the ones with hidden rooms, not the shortcuts

Wrong.
There is 3

What about the walls that only disappear when you use snap see--
oh I've said too much

What in the fuck is a real ninja sword?

Ninja used all sorts of weapons.

no

There's at least 4, 5 if you want to count the floor to the mibu priest's house.

>combat lacks depth
Highly disagree, though there doesn't feel much variety in the combat loop. Having one weapon and one combat art at any given time is pretty dumb. They couldve allowed for us to alternate combat arts on the go instead of pausing the game and replacing it.

>Corrupted monk.jpg

>a real ninja sword
You mean that dumb thing that is a combination of a straight and a curved sword without having none of the benefits of either? The thing that is only allegedly tied to ninjas?

I don't disagree about the boss thing. I feel like the game breaks its own rules by having surprise second stages.

HEY i think youre lying

>Hirata State before the temple
>Room with the two samurai baldies
Where are the other ones? not shortcuts but hidden rooms

DaS2 is the best MMO I have ever played. I met characters with unique and interesting builds that no other game could have ever inspired. And the controls, while shit, are better than typical multiplayer RPG garbage I'm saddled up with, so at least I have the ability to make a character other people will remember.
If you disagree at all, name one build from someone you played with that you liked in another game that you won't find on an online build repository or whatever the fuck.

works on my machine, just completed ng+