What would you have done differently?

What would you have done differently?

Attached: ITmFI6y.jpg (3024x4032, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/a/final-fantasy-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

able to select more units at once, and nerf seige tanks

otherwise it's perfect

nothing, rts games are boring

Would've gotten the data out first before being a good little goy.

It's impossible to know with absolute certainty how you would react in any hypothetical situation that you haven't already experienced. All you can do is describe how you hope you would react ideally.

Yes. I would definetly not karmawhore in Reddit and I would buy a VPN.

None of you faggots actually cared about what could be done with the source code and I don't know why you pretend to.

Hide behind 7 proxies and release it

remove terran, terran OP

Look for funny FIXME comments and similar. Brood War has already been correctly reverse-engineered and reimplemented (OpenBW) so, in terms of figuring out the game mechanics, there's nothing of interest there.

How's that free Overwatch merch treating you?

Dude just learn to use spells lmao

Float the code onto the net somewhere so people can make some great Starcraft knockoffs. It would be like Doom wads but for STARCRAFT.

He probably still has them, so it's outlived any attention he would've got from dumping the disc.

I would have broken it, posted the pieces, and laughed.

Get tricked into thinking it's fine to upload by Yea Forums and get a visit from the Blizzard lawyer strike force.

Sell it for profit.

this

Blizzard wouldn’t be able to know it was you unless you deliberately attached a handle to yourself when you let the world know you had it. It’s why the spineless redditor who turned it in did what he did: he bragged about it to his drone buddies under a username, which Blizzard could then use to contact him (especially since Reddit mods are the types to rat you out of given the chance). If he would have just stayed anonymous and uploaded the fucking CD without trying to get internet street cred, he could have gotten away with it.

leave it in a drawer or on a shelf somewhere and forget about it

Attached: 1470608139438.png (491x585, 56K)

>especially since Reddit mods are the types to rat you out of given the chance
Well, the fucking username was in the post. No need to rat anyone, he ratted himself.

The starcraft hd is kind of a shit show.

that was his point tard.

Demanded cash instead of merch, since openbw is a thing that already exists

>Turning Starcraft open source would be far worse than giving the disk back for good boy points
I didn’t know the Blizzard dildos came in female Dranei size

livestream me writing "fuck blizzard and FUCK coreans" on the data side of the disc and then snapping it in half

Attached: x56oricr2nd21.jpg (3840x2160, 950K)

ransom it for monero

release some of the code, enough so that people know it's real, then say you'll upload the whole thing once X monero is deposited to an address

So, what was the point of saying "Reddit mods would rat you" if his username was not hidden at all?

>Leak it to trusted individuals
>Tell them to not leak it for a while
>hand it over to blizz
>receive profit
>years later the people I gave it to leak the shit
>w-wtf h-how did it get out!!! wasnt me!!
>get away free with monee

Attached: 1400704130652.jpg (1747x1020, 253K)

>I didn’t know the Blizzard dildos came in female Dranei size
Holy shit they do? Where can I order one?

I mean, it's true for situations where you have to react immediatly, but here you'd clearly have the time to think about it.

Buy used shitty laptop on craiglist with cash
Find place with public wifi
Connect and upload it
Dispose of laptop
Wow that was hard

I would have asked /biz/ or Yea Forums first

In that guy's case returning it to Blizzard was the optimal choice
His identity is tied to it and the risk/reward of uploading it isn't worth it
It's so easy for people to tell him to upload it when they aren't the ones facing ass-rape from lawyers

You have the brain of a 12 yr old

Nerding anyrhing in any game is faggotry.

Make other units stronger if needed

Not be a fucking retard

Attached: JozSc1Q.jpg (576x768, 94K)

make it a shooter

If you or the original faggot for that matter were actually literate, you wouldn't have had to ask anyone.
The disk is pretty fucking clearly labelled

I'm too brainlet to upload it to the internet without it being traceable back to me.
So i would just make copies and send them into post to lots of people like gaming youtubers with po boxes

You cant trace mail back to someone can you? If theres no return address and its collected from a mail box

BLIZZARD DIDN'T EVEN PAY THE GUY FOR GIVING AWAY THE CD AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I'm pretty sure no one in Blizzard knew about this person having the source code before he told them about it.
I would've at least made several copies and upload them using public wifi connections, like a Starbucks or a library
A torrent with several split .rar files. After people confirm they have completely downloaded the torrent, delete the files and just keep the original copy somewhere
I mean, even if he did that without any sort of attention whoring, he wouldn't have been caught anyway

you could just put the contents on a usb drive, go to a library and upload the data from one of the computers

You can go to San Francisco and talk with the owner of the Internet Archive.

Would've just released it via BitTorrent and then seed till my ratio was 1.0, and then stop.

There's tailsOS and you have to upload stuff using a public Wi-Fi connection, like Starbucks, or libraries, or college campus, or even a coworking
Granted, it would've taken you a while to fully upload it through torrent, but not so much through Dropbox, Mega, or mediafile

>literally a keyboard, mouse, mousepad, headphones, two plushies, a sketchbook and A FUCKING BOTTLE OPENER for an eternity of mods, clones and probably even creating a RTS renaissance

Attached: XJihyeezGU5g9g60bWk6vl-PZKCsK6_4RIk7XmuwQJs.jpg (1080x1080, 203K)

>copy
>give back for goodies
>leak online a few months later

Im sure people individuals wouldve wasted it, but what if another dev company had gotten their hands on it? What could they do with this

He didnt even get a higher tier desktop out if it? Shit

>probably even creating a RTS renaissance
How demented are you, grandpa? The genre is dead and it won't come back. Rest in Peace.

You're not supposed to use tor for torrenting I forget why but you're better off uploading it to file hosts like you recommend. That's what I would have done: upload it, spread the link and wait for other people to make their own torrents out of it. I feel like it would be too hot to seed it yourself.

Attached: 1392685802803.png (400x400, 101K)

Easy. Send it to several of my friends in Russia through a net cafe upload and have them leak it anonymously. Enoy blizturd tears for years to come and a second golden age of Starcraft modding.

Some of us actually have consistent ideals and standards of acceptable behavior.

1. Not announce publicly that I have it like a fucking idiot.
2. Rip it
3. Sell it to some fanatic Blizzard fan boy.
4. Leak the rip.

Reddit mods can see much more info than just your username, and will rat that info like good boys when Blizzard asks.

Such as?

You forgot
>Get sued to hell and back.

>ever letting anyone know you have it
If you hand it over for some shitty reward and there's ever a leak that had nothing to do with you, who do you think they'll sue? Me, I would destroy the disk and never look back. It's too dangerous to keep.

>being this much of a spineless mop

Why doesn't Blizzard just release the source code? The game is a couple decades old and unsupported. Why keep it away from the fans?

IP where the post was made, your post history (even if you hide it from your settings) with IP attached to every post, email address on the account, and so on. They can also just asks the admins who can see pretty much everything about your account like CC info etc if you have bought reddit gold or some shit like that.

Hence why you do it months later and lie about how you came across it.

>drive out to Arkansas
>buy temporary burner laptop
>drive to coffee shop
>plug into their wifi and upload the entire source code and everything from the disk on Yea Forums
>do this for thirty minutes then drive out to the library
>put disk into their computer and upload it onto pirate bay
>do all of this then leave
>trash laptop nearby lake with harddrive burned
>take disk and break it up and scratch it all up
>put it in plastic bag and then go find a guy that will masturbate and jizz inside the bag for 500 bucks
>take the jizzed filled scratched up broken disk and use a fake address and put it on the mail then send it to the company with a note saying "here is your game bro :^)"
>I have successfully ruined their own source code disk, the company gets aids from the bag, everyone on Yea Forums goes to civil war over the free source code and everyone gets rich from pirate bay
>Arkansas gets blamed afterwards.

And then everyone claps.

Keep it around as a collector's item until Blizzard collapses and its IP portfolio becomes orphaned.

>make a thousand copies
>give disk back
>get gifts
>unleash it on the internet

But apparently you lack reading comprehension.

Because it is nothing special and only a curiosity to computer historians.

Immediately would have leaked it all, wouldn't have even hid my identity about it.
I've always strongly advocated for freedom of access to all information and closed source code would be no different.

Attached: xbox dev kit dead.jpg (1152x1536, 331K)

>don't initially be open about how I came over it to place doubt in the source of a potential leak
>collect blizzard reward
>leak it from some public network
>lie about where I got the CD from to protect myself if necessary

How did blizzard even lost the source code to begin with and did Yea Forums ever doxxed the guy that gave the disk back?

>a few months later
they will immediately assume you, you dumbass

>and did Yea Forums ever doxxed the guy that gave the disk back?
Geez, who do you think we are, Tumblr?

Destroy it, it's power is too great.

They can assume all they like but they won't have any proof.

>a few months pass
>it leaks online
>Can't be user who had the source code with his slimy hands, because a few months passed

livestream myself snapping it in half

The source code disc is whatever. This dev kit on the other hand makes me seethe, he could have sold it for a hefty price to make an amazing and even better pc than what he has first of all. Second of all, he destroyed a 1/50 piece of computer history. Absolute retard.

Attached: 1553049767157.jpg (1832x3505, 550K)

I'd upload, I'm brazilian and nobody would give a fuck about it here

Considering how Blizzard's lawyers are the ultimate jews, I'd have returned it, lmao.

>people still think this is genuine and not a PR stunt to get people excited about the Starcraft remaster that launched in a few months
"I just so happened to stumble upon this in an ebay deal from some ignorant relative cleaning up his stuff", get fucking real.

Attached: 1542522727756.gif (400x292, 3.88M)

It's like you guys don't know how to lie. Just say you bought it at a garage sale and they have no proof you leaked it.

>I have this but I wasn't the one who leaked it, honest! You have no proof I did it.
You're shit at lying

this, you'd have to be stupid to believe that a company would back up the source code of a popular game on just one prone to disc rot CD

Don't tell anyone you bought shit, retard.

Make a backup and then sell it to some asshole.

Well you guys were all pissed when it happened yet you did nothing about it especially nothing about the guy that took pic related and turned it into that.

Are you being retarded on purpose?
If the story is that you bought it from someone they can't prove you leaked it because it was in the hands of at least two other people.
Doing it months after handing it in also throws doubt onto any claims you could have done it.

You sound sketchy as FUUCK

you're stupid to think companies, video game companies in particular, are good at doing archiving
the entire thing being a PR stunt feels likely anyways

No shit but doxing someone after the damage has been done solves nothing

If you don't fuck up. They might still drag you into court anyway just to see.

Holy shit, don't do that. Don't tell them they have no proof, what the fuck. That's an immediate giveaway.
It's like you nosedive into bad liar mode.

Most of the time things don't just go to court on hopes and dreams.
You take someone to court to get confirmation you are right with evidence. It's a way to settle an arguement once and for all.

If you got taken to court and the judge just asked how they know it was you and they said they don't but thought they'd start everything up and pay for it anyway for shits and giggles he'd tell them to fuck off and go to lunch.

Honestly, I would have released it in public. I have lost faith in blizzard for so many years, that I believe giving the source code to the hardcore fans would actually give them the chance to tune the games balance to fucking perfection(or fuck up the game monumentaly). Either way, it would be more interesting that giving the disc back to Blizzard and get some free Gaywatch lootboxes as an compensation.

You guys fucking suck this place used to ruin people's lives for shits and giggles, the fuck happened after 2012 that made you all so goddamn passive aggressive?

That would just be a waste of time for everyone and a PR nightmare if it ends up putting me an a poor position financially.
After that I could just pull the sob story and make a gofundme out kickstarter for a "good cause".

Ultimately it would be a lose-lose for Blizzard.

There was a story at Gamespot in the 2000 reporting a stolen source code of Starcraft. Anyways, it's a well known fact that video game companies, specially Japanese ones, suck at archiving.
>The funny thing is, I got a call [a couple years ago] from Square, because they wanted to rerelease the PC version, and they asked me if I knew where the gold master was. [Laughs] I left the company in 1999. What am I gonna do with that? “Oh yeah, you know, it’s right here in my desk drawer. That big box that I carried out? Yeah, I was carrying the gold master and all the source. Let me just give it to you.” Yeah, they lost it.
polygon.com/a/final-fantasy-7

They will immediately think it was you. Direct them and then wish them luck or show signs of support that they find their guy. Telling them they have no proof it being you is like telling them to find proof.

>You guys fucking suck this place used to ruin people's lives for shits and giggles
No we didn't. At best we just sent pizza and made a guy feel a little less lonely.

Still better than what happened

>Don't tell them they have no proof, what the fuck.
Then don't fucking tell them to their face you moron. Play the innocent and act like all you did was buy the disc and immediately send it back.

Fucking hell, are you autistic or something?

Don't get so mad, I'm just fixing your lie for you.

Meant for But now you know how to lie like a real liar. None of that "No proof" stuff.

>useless protoss unit: scouter
>useless zerg unit: queen
>useless unit: sniper

>op vulture cost

Broodwar is far from perfect

>Telling them they have no proof
See Why on earth would you try to act smug and implicate yourself like that? And keep your replies in one post there's no point in samefagging

That's actually how some people become suspects

Wanna know how I know you're a newfag?

>being this newfag
>being so new that you glossed over why rule one and two was enforced to begin with

If you knew what this place was like you would realize why alot of people were afraid of this olace back then because everyone here had nothing to lose period and actively went out on planned raids just for lols but not anymore.

Nothing, that code was lawyer bait the instant it was released to the wild.

>receive profit
You mean

Because you don't know a thing about Yea Forums and believed the media over coming here yourself?

You don't act smug, you play innocent.
Odd how you point out samefag, and you being so for with the "no proof" thing

Haha, but PC gaming master race gotta show those console cucks who's in charge :)

I would have sold it for as much dosh as I could.

>implying Yea Forums was always full of boyscouts
>implying the media ever talked about Yea Forums except to fill airtime on slow news days
kys

Attached: 1550003705544.gif (200x150, 1.39M)

>You don't act smug, you play innocent
Thank you for reiterating something I just said to counter your suggestion of acting smug.
Also if you hadn't noticed you're the only one saying that the lie involved saying they have no proof.

Keep a copy so people could port it to touch screen devices, and give the original to Blizzard since they did make it.

Is it just me or has Starcraft completely died as a game?

>tfw this guy made PCkeks seethe

Attached: 1465733958389.gif (392x400, 1.33M)

>boyscouts
Dude, we did things for the lols. We weren't really this Internet hate machine that the media made us out to be but we weren't exactly clean cut.

You haven't been here very long have you.

>>implying Yea Forums was always full of boyscouts
Not him but try and find a real instance of Yea Forums as a collective destroying someone's life.

>make a new account with different name
>upload it somewhere that many people will see it
>never gets traced back to me because account isn't my main one and isn't tied to me in any way
What's so hard about doing this?

The way you were going to play "innocent" was a very bad tell, which would just have you watched.
You play innocent and you show signs of that innocence. You don't act smug, you don't tell them they have no proof

>The way you were going to play "innocent" was a very bad tell
And what way would that be exactly?

He wanted those sweet points. Anyways, there is still the IP issue and main Reddit admins could give away that info of you if they felt really pressured.

Telling them they have no proof

And he says he isn't samefagging.

dick in disc backa nd forth until cum

I misquoted a post?
You really want this, don't you?

Jessi Slaughter and her father.

Nah the hardcore fans still keep it alive. It is going strong in the Korea tho. Its the ultimate pleb filter so zoomers cant play it.

CWC

Says the guy who's samefagging because he made a mistake.

>Dude, we did things for the lols
>Implying YOU did anything

Attached: 1455554057965.gif (300x290, 2.13M)

Give it back to Blizzard but keep a secret backup copy of it for myself. Then upload the copy of it to the internet when I'm on my death bed, but nobody will give a shit because the game will be like 50 years old.

Which is something no one was going to do.
You can't read can you.

Don't even bother, those retards will never admit they're wrong

Oh now I do know you want it so bad, that you're just resorting to that

He was. I went back to double check his other post but now he screaming samefag Unless he did a run on sentence.

>Unless he did a run on sentence.
Or you just can't read. Nothing there says to tell them.

No, either that's a run on sentence or he was willing to tell them. Maybe he wants to turn it around so badly.

Dude, don't you know how that went down?
It was literally just a regular raid and then her dad made the both of them a laughing stock after they got mad about prank calls and such.
They basically overreacted and destroyed their own lives. Then it really went down the shitter when her dad was arrested.

I'm off loser. You can have your last words that you fought so hard for. I won't see it anyway.

What part implies that he would tell them? He just says that they would have no proof because of the lie he told them.

I'd say he ruined his own life and we just watched. I mean, we didn't tell him to mace that dude or make Sonichu.

>it was just a regular raid
she spammed her cp all over Yea Forums, it wasn't friendly or normal. and her dad died shortly after he was arrested. She was like around 11 right? and she was getting pranked for getting fucked on camera by some lanky asian dude and having a roast beef pussy when she barely hit puberty. I don't think that was normal at least.

Wow. Someone really wanted their win.

So how much easier is modding a game if you have the source code?

sell it to koreans probably

>she spammed her cp all over Yea Forums
Dude, that didn't happen until sometime after the "consequences" video with her dad. Granted she was still underaged.

>Tell no one
>Send it privately to some guy who lives in some lawless shithole of a country across the world
>He leaks it
How could they possibly get me?

Attached: 1535021926665.png (923x713, 16K)

Extremely. If I were to describe it in simple terms it's the difference between using keys to start a car and hit wiring.

The better question is how could you maximize profit with it without getting arrested or sued.

>What would you have done differently?
I would have not made WoW.

They couldn't.
If you hold on to the disc for a few years you could also send it back to them for free shit too.

keep it's a ultimate collector item desu

>I straight up tell them it was in my possession and then sometimes later it "mysteriously" goes out
I'd rather fucking not. At all. Why does everyone keep saying this?

Because they'd have no reason to suspect you.
Its free shit man.

The fuck are you talking about?
In this scenario it's years AFTER it goes out. Unless you're an idiot you can get away with it easy.

Nigger, why would I put off the leak for years in exchange for ≈$100 of shitty merch? You think people show up to Blizzard with this kind of shit every fucking day? You think they wouldn't keep a fucking tab on you? God, you're fucking retarded.

>why would I put off the leak for years
Holy fuck you absolute retard.
Read this carefully.
YOU LEAKED IT TO THE PUBLIC YEARS AGO IN THIS SCENARIO.
What's with the illiterate fuckwits in this thread?

Fix the valkyrie bug and balance scouts
Thats all

You're the guy that misread the other user's post aren't you.

Jesus fuck, that's even worse. If it's already out then that disc wouldn't be worth the plastic it's made from you fuckwit, and if the leak case is still going on, then I'm just showing up as their biggest lead. I hoped you mistyped and weren't actually that much of a hopeless fucktard. I fucking wish you'd have found it instead and done exactly what you just said. I really do. 1937 Nanjing would look like a fucking joke compared to how much you'd fuck yourself.

Fucking hell, just run away again like you did with that other user.

siege tanks actually had double their range when the game came out

What the fuck are you on about?

OK, here is my plan:
>backup disk
>donate disk to goodwill in a box of CDs
>wait two or three months
>upload it while piggybacking on someone else's wifi

>Make two headlines
>No one cares
>The hundred Koreans and twelve Americans still playing this game continue to do so

destroyed it, then sent Blizzard the pieces.

Auction it off lol

Overwritten all the data with Blood on the Dancefloor.

what valk bug?

Based

Holy shit, someone on Yea Forums who actually paid attention during Social Psychology

Mod of /r/games here this is false. We see nothing.

i would keep it to myself and port the game to systems no one will play it on, but make my own additions such as changing all text in the game to say "nigger".

>Even reddit of all places call him a retard for this
He really fucked up big time here

>getting attention is the only thing of value you could get from the source code
are you female

>Make a copy
>Sell disk to some autistic blizzard fanboy who had access to a large amount of money
>Buy a new car with the money
>Upload the copy to TPB or something and make a thread on Yea Forums about it

>tfw no temple OS port of Starcraft

Attached: SadTerry.jpg (284x177, 5K)

Attached: Died of laughter.png (241x355, 123K)

I would've fucked it