Is it worth playing now?

Is it worth playing now?

Attached: 220px-SWBF2_box.jpg (220x300, 27K)

It's worth the 25$
Its pulled a seige
>garbage bomb at relase
>slowly improved to a point of playability
>resurgence in popularity and player numbers years later
It's on par with COD or BF now desu

It was up until recently. They have ruined and killed the game with the changes they've made to lightsaber combat and with every "balance" update, the game gets more and more broken. All the bugs from launch remain unfixed while hundreds of new ones keep piling on. There also is basically no more new content coming going forward so it is highly unlikely it ever turns back around before they drop development in a couple months.

In terms of quaility i mean, not numbers
Its had resurgence but not so much EA wont pull the plug soon

no
it will never be worth it

there really focusing on clone wars now, something about a return to the new series. so more game modes and ahsoka and venturess are coming as well.

>The Clone Wars game of my dreams is right in front of me
>Don't want to buy an EA game
What do bros?

It was shit, but there had to of been some dev with soul
>the rebel npc names are all copy pasted from og bf
>the slight rise in quaility after EA wrote the game off and stopped giving a shit

It's worth the 25$ or less, but not a cent more. Just stat clear of the nuwars cancer

Wait for E3.
If they'll announce BF3 than wait for it

If you buy it now, just know you are doing so at the end of its lifespan. The development roadmap for the year ends in June, meaning they are ending development and more than likely gearing up to work on a third one, which will also probably be an unfinished, rushed disaster yet again. The new mode they added is pretty fun, but when all is said and done it will only have 4 maps and only lame ass Clone Wars ones at that.

>The command posts in Capital Supremacy are HD recreations of the og command posts
>Clones will occasionally say "WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS"
It's soul trapped in a soulless game

Clone Wars shit is cancer and killed the game.

Attached: OMG OMG OMG SEQUELS SO GOOD.png (1214x1078, 1.06M)

Nope. And it never will be.

this game suffers the same issues every single multiplayer focused games suffer
>playerbase dies/they shut up the servers
>you're locked out of all multiplayer modes
i don't think anyone even plays the first bf anymore since the second one is a thing
same thing will happen with this game if the third game comes out

>the special stormtrooper shotgun is the republic commando shotgun

Can I play this offline against bots like the original BF2?

Just get origin access basic and play it for like a month, then cancel the subscription when you get your fill.

The game sucks ass imo, every game is just one team getting steamrolled by the other team.

>Clone Commando files have been found in the data

Yes. Also it has splitscreen iirc.

>soul trapped in a soulless game. The little details attest to it. The audio/visual is 10/10, even if everything else is like 5/10

Sort of. There's a decent single player campaign and an offline arcade mode, but that doesn't include the fun large scale multiplayer modes just small scale team deathmatch type shit. Very underwhelming. It's been my and many others number one ask of the devs to add Galactic Assault or make conquest for it but it goes unanswered.

>Implying the game wasn't already dead

I keep hearing its improved a lot. What did they add to it?

Buy it used, you jabroni

Not improved as much as they took out the microtransactions and added some clone wars era stuff and some modes

>>the rebel npc names are all copy pasted from og bf
>user was killed by Ben Pulastra
Not going to lie that calms my boomer rage about this game

Attached: 1502287325830.png (800x800, 362K)

>no offline GC
>no GC at all
Into the fucking trash

They did somewhat improve it... and then ruined it again in the last month and a half. The game is as unplayable nowadays as it was at launch. Bugs on top of bugs. And the notion that they have added a bunch of content since launch is a lie. Only two new maps. 4 heroes, two of which are buggy and broken (one unusable the other OP). One new mode. Two new classes. No new new weapons. No new starfighter content. They dripfed all of that, what ultimately would have amounted to a single DLC pack, across like 8 months and pretended like it was adequate. And they're not adding anything else. They just put out their 2019 development roadmap and it only extends to June with them converting a couple more maps to the new mode.

No get battlefield one instead. Story is shit even with extra story missions and gameplay is generic.

No not really. Only in one mode which is trash so no conquest. Also ai in story mode is shit.

Its passable now but will be dead soon

lol no

How can you fuck up something as simple as making the old Battlefronts except with prettier graphics? Even the PSP games are better than the EAfronts

>They have ruined and killed the game with the changes they've made to lightsaber combat
Staggerfag btfo

Its really not all that different than at launch.

They added 4 more heroes, but the system is so fucked, you will probably never play as them unless sticking to Heroes vs Villains mode.

They added one major level. Geonosis, which honestly is very formulaic. Although it looks nice enough.

The new mode(conquest) is one small level that barely has enough people to join.

The new class is fine I guess. But a huge disappointment for those expecting Droidikas or Sentinal classes.

There are a few new modes that get old very quickly.

The costumes are just recolors for the clones. Almost none for most of the heroes

3 Millennium Falcons. Each of them lowest tier ships

Dont pay more than $20 for this pile

>no galactic conquest
>splitscreen is just a shitty arcade more
>offline mode is nothing but deathmatches

the old battlefronts were pretty much defined by walker assaults and capturing points and they couldn't even add those modes for offline play in the battlefront 2. hell, even ea's own battlefront 1 had walker assault available for offline and splitscreen.

So basically this just what should have been available at launch?
Good to know, won't buy it.