When did you feel the "click"?

When did you feel the "click"?

Attached: Genichiro-Ashina-Sekiro-Guide-Tips-1024x576[1].jpg (1024x576, 55K)

At Lady Butterfly, did it after Gyuoubu

Just got to him, fought him once and died due to being unprepared.

Any tips?

When I deflected his whole flurry combo for the first time and got that cool animation after the last attack

Parry timing is much more forgiving than souls, press LB/L1 at some point and you'll likely get a successful deflect.

With Genichiro just keep the pressure on, this boss fight rewards aggression and punishes hesitation.

he has a jump attack and right after he does a lunge
counter for mikiri for bunch of posture damage
the seconds phase, just rush him down and learn to parry his lightning attack

Long Arm Centipede Giraffe. That's when I harmonised with the necessity of the parry.

I did as much as I could before Genichiro though, so I almost feel like I've missed out on something beautiful.

>Long Arm Centipede Giraffe
That enemy felt like such a joke when I encountered it, I guess it's there to reinforce confidence in parrying.

The only enemies that felt easier were the ashina grunts.

unironically at the last boss. I was 50% clicked but the last boss really made it click

Attached: 1554074999042.jpg (750x740, 73K)

I went straight to Lady Butterfly as soon as I got the bell. Juzo was such a rough fight for me I almost dropped the game entirely.

After dieing to Butterfly probably 20 times without getting her under half in the first phase i looked up a video of someone smashing her ass in her first phase.

after that I had a much clearer understanding of the game and things were much easier.

I've never played a Souls game before and I'm playing this, enjoying it a lot. What will I think of the Souls games if I'm liking this?

This motherfucker beat the click into my retarded head with brutal efficiency. After that I haven't lost to him once.

get deep in his shit. you can wear him down and counter him very quickly.

At Genichiro. I was doing meme strats against major enemies before, like constantly holding block against Lady Butterfly and doing a Double Ichimonji against her whenever she had an opening, so the fight took like half a fucking hour but I was more or less safe. But against Genichiro, I was doing enough health damage per hit that I realized that I needed to be aggressive and get the parry timings down, and lo and behold, that's actually how the game is played.

Why would that boss make the game click for you, it was fucking awful.

I beat the game 4 times and it never clicked for me, I think the game is pretty mediocre in the end

Butterfly. Died 30 times, then beat her without getting hit and didn't struggle with a boss after that.
except Demon of Hatred. Fuck that cunt. Still haven't beaten him, but guess I'll just cheese him with the fire umbrella, because otherwise he's just too fucking obnoxious.

This. I even went there relatively early, couldn't even open the door behind him yet, but he was probably on of the easiest minibosses in the game.

Somewhat on the flaming bull, but going back to lady butterfly really taught me how to time my deflections and watch the enemy posture bar instead of their hp.

Chained Ogre

Demon of Hatred's a fucking chore

I didn't, not even once. on my second playthrough now. How does that click thing even work. I see it a lot.

>he doesn't know about the "click"
Have fun missing out, bro

WTF, am I actually missing out on something?

It's just the "oh shit" moment where you realise how the combat system works, and that you are actually able to pull it off.

You'll learn how to punish phase 1 pretty easily, he does a lot of thrusts so prepare to mikiri
For phase 2, just go hyper-aggro, and use Mist Raven. You can kill him in like 30 seconds.

ah, yeah I might never experience something like that probably. I just autopilot until muscle memory takes care of the fight. might be why I don't have any favorites except abhorrent in the dungeon.

They're great, but for different reasons. The combat system in this game was built largely to feel counter intuitive to souls players, so if you play souls after this you'll probably feel the same effect in reverse.

The fun in those games comes from overcoming tough but fair challenges, much like sekiro. They also have the added advantage of build variety and customisation, and PvP will have you playing through the game multiple times just to create new characters to test out against other players.

Butterfly lady was my first boss. After like 20 attempts at that, it was enough to "unlearn" all my souls habits and understand what this game expects from me.

unironically for me the game started to click once i fought long-arm giraffe.
>Literally nothing but retarded flailing
>Hyper armor aswell
>Only way to properly beat him is to parry all his rhythmic swings
its like i suddenly went galaxy brain and understood everything

Attached: 1554484218641.png (1280x720, 1.59M)

probably genichiro

While pushing the off button