Sekiro Help Thread

>literally braps in your face and throws shit at you
How could Activision allow this to pass? Fuck Japanese "humor".

Attached: ape.jpg (1280x720, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pSbI04ELTYA
youtube.com/watch?v=yby3IwE2OS0
twitch.tv/ninja
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It feels extra jarring in this game too because otherwise japanese cringe is non existant here unlike in sometjing like metal gear, resident evil or devil may cry (or almost any other japanese game for that matter)

this is their depiction of people that bitch about their games.

American "Humor"
> Character walks on stage
> "Hello."
> Audience goes into hysterical laughter

Also the Rape Ape is super simple. Beasts fear Fire and Firecrackers. Use them all in stage 1, because stage 2 is easy as shit. Just parry his sword til he does his massive wobbly overhead and if you parry that you can hit him like five times, then run because he'll Ree.

Attached: big-bang-theory-bazinga-i13374.jpg (400x600, 85K)

anybody know how to reach this dude? he disappear a few second after looking at him

Attached: fghgfhfgh.png (1896x1063, 2.31M)

I gave a book to a magical rice loli, and she wasn't happy about it.
Did I fuck up?

I think I'm losing track of the story, because I didn't know what the heck she was talking about.

Attached: 1484947150284.gif (400x400, 762K)

>be me fighting this boss with my brother watching
>Haha imagine if there was a boss that raped you when you lost
>imagine if a monkey threw poop at a girl, like our age, haha
>Monkey's are so funny, they masturbate you know
Haha indeed

Attached: hah.png (646x595, 269K)

Go back to where the dead guy is, and you can grapple up to a tunnel that reaches him.

Haha

finally killed that cheap ass lightning nigger

Attached: 20190407133642_1.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

Don't spoil me locations(playing blind, near the end), just tell me, there is peak hp upgrade/estus upgrade is 10 and it could be farmed in first run, right?

Peak HP is 20, peak flasks are 10. Both can be done in 1st playthrough.

tips for the fire demon whatever his name was?

dodge

uhh dumb question, but how do you enhance when using the telescope thing?

Attached: 3bc55f3fd93aa5b010a2b1b846731d8a.png (353x243, 113K)

>Peak HP is 20
I almost lost my mind, but yeah, HP is 20 with 10 upgrades.
Well, looks like i need to pay more attention in my last maps and find that HP upgrades/last flask.

p.s i'm using a ds4 controller

Left stick

up = zoom in
down = zoom out
on left analog

ah thanks bros

reminds me of that one monster, I forget it's name, from monster hunter.

Please respond.

Can I fight the Purification route boss in Hirata, kill him and still get the Return ending if I have the Frozen Tears?

Attached: 1554472571270.jpg (960x960, 203K)

Blangonga

Attached: IMG_20141020_0036.jpg (1736x1244, 527K)

Attached: 1554258246180.png (850x653, 78K)

You just completed 1 of several steps to having the option of doing the secret ending after you beat the final boss. Stop crying about every little thing, the loli can't die.

or congalala

Okay.
I was just thinking I should've given it to Kuro instead.

Attached: 1470710513898.jpg (359x315, 18K)

sounds like a BBT meme.

Attached: Nighjar AWOOOOOOOOO.png (1733x2000, 934K)

any other slow bros?

had game since launch and only just beat Genichiro

Which book? There's multiple.

You can't give anything to Kuro except give his charm that prevents your blocks from doing chip damage back on NG+. You can only show him. Kuro can give you stuff though, even the rice from the loli, if you give it to him, he cooks it and gives it back to you.

We don't deserve the little master, he's too pure for this world.

Attached: 1553340519359.png (500x334, 236K)

I found it underwater in the monk area. I can't remember what it was called.

So I just missed some dialogue? Lame but I'll manage.

No, if you do all steps for the secret ending, she'll start giving you special rice, that's what you can give Kuro to cook up.

Has anyone tried puppeteering this monkey and then jumping into the fight with it?
You know, even up the odds a little.

Is it really that secret though? I got it in my first playthrough without following guides or asking for advice, it seemed like the natural progression. Without the easy way to botch like the Londor ending in DS3.

Attached: 73924306_p0.jpg (1181x1181, 490K)

Does the secret ending have some journey to the west undertones?

I've had it since launch and I'm still on the last boss. It's been tilting me like crazy. I think I took a week's worth of sessions to get past Genichiro.

>tfw you were Bulma the whole time

Most people wouldn't know where to find the sleeping snek or that they can overhear Kuro. I didn't so I used a guide.

I'm on ng+ and cannot find the last prayer bead. Has anyone else not been able to find a prayer bead? I got the all bosses trophy, so it can't be a missed boss, I also looked at guides for the beads in the open world, doubled checked, and getting really frustrated.
I read that some people think the Lone Shadow at the serpent shrine is bugged and sometimes doesn't drop a bead, but I don't remember for my playthourgh.
This is making me more frustrated than any boss.

Dude the old lady right next to the idol straight up tells you exactly what to do.
I'm not that user, and I got all 3 endings unlocked without a guide.

edit, meant to say ng++++ I might just start a new purification run on ng

Attached: exzdhwwjrtp21[285].jpg (3840x2160, 1.02M)

This is just a general now.

who is lady butterfly?

Yes

Yes as long as you give Kuro the Frozen tears and Dragon tears after you beat the final boss, don't choose the other options

Just 1?
Did you kill the minibosses at the endgame outskirts (Red Gourd?)
Did you get the hidden room ones?

They told you where the sleeping snek was and how I could overhear Kuro? Damn.

nice

>Red Gourd?
yeah
>hidden room ones?
yeah

I'm wondering if this is a bug. I know for sure I killed all bosses, and checked the open world one several times.

Am I too late to overhear Kuro?
I'm fighting Owl on top of Ashina Castle.

Attached: 1522077998063.jpg (640x775, 106K)

Nope, you're still early if anything.

The old lady tells you how to get the kite to the idol where you can drop down on the snake, in NG+ I found out I could also meet badger in Senpou and he'd also give a pretty obvious hint about using the pupeteering technique.

Attached: 74000322_p0.png (620x620, 522K)

She fucking points at it and says to fly a kite.
Eavesdropping isn't mandatory for that ending IIRC, but they put the door to open right where the trigger is, so you had to deliberately ignore one or the other.
No way. Be sure to exhaust dialogue with Emma right after the fight.

I think the only people that miss this shit are people who don't always talk to NPCs until they start to repeat themselves. That's videogames 101 imo.

>tfw i'm in a point in the game where i can either go get wrecked by Hatred demon, demolished by Owl #2 or ass raped by Isshin.
I don't think I can go on m8. So close yet so far.

Oh I know, I did that, following her instructions, in fact I did it so early, the snek wasn't even there because I hadn't gone through the stealth section later on so I forgot about it. Then the guide told me what was up and I didn't even feel like I cheated, game should've locked me out of that place to keep some semblance of proper progression.

>but they put the door to open right where the trigger is, so you had to deliberately ignore one or the other.
This isn't even a hint about eavesdropping, I hope you realize that. And yes, its for another ending but equally cryptic.

Again, grats to you guys, eye of the mind and all that shit. I couldn't care less honestly, knew from the beginning the game would have stuff like this, a guide or asking anons here to find stuff was well within my expectations. Finding it out on my own doesn't give me any personal epeen points, beating the bosses blind does.

Since when is monkeys throwing shit Japanese humor and not fact?

>Ape is easy!
>Just cheese him with broken tools like firecrackers!

Or you could git gud like I did and beat him legit. Firecracker fags = Easy moders

Why is fextralife stream getting so many viewers?

Attached: 1531316433199.png (1280x720, 283K)

Why did sculptor turn into demon of hatred? Did he take rejuvenating waters at some point? Is this the result?

If they're struggling with it, i'll give them easy hints. I don't use them, haven't used them since Ng1. I'm on NG 4 right now and shit's still easy.

Fuck off

I got to the child in the temple but lost track of where I needed to go at this point. I went through sunken valley, killed the ape and got the flower but what do I do from there?
Also is there a decent spot at this point to farm skill points?

Karma for all the bad things he has done.

What bad things?

The depths. Go to the spooky hole and jump down a pit.

Does bell demon make bosses harder or just standard enemies?

He spent all his time shitposting on Yea Forums.

I found a letter in the dungeon about it but don't know where the hole is.

You need to go through the dungeon past kick knight, drop down deep hole, and go through poison pools. Unfortunately, since you fought the monkey before this you will fight him again in next room with another giant ape. Past them is Mibu Village containing the O'rin of Water and Corrupted Monk fight. Both are repel fests.

Supossedly he went into a killing rampage and Isshin cut his arm, he mellowed afterwards. Why Isshin didnt killed him back them I dont know

Going to where you started the game is the easiest way to find it.

He says it several times throughout the game, the buddhas he sculpts always end up resembling wrath, there's several mentions of him being a bloodthirsty warrior in his youth, he's been plagued by guilt for years since he knew there was no way to escape the karmic debt, the war in Ashina just made things explode.

He used Fextralife wikis.

Attached: 1553645854818.jpg (1944x1781, 384K)

Yikes. Understood - he got off lucky.

Is it just me, or does this girl have a tiny parry window?

I'm having more trouble with this bitch than the ape.

Am I supposed to be dodging, like with lady butterfly?

Attached: o rin.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

No, just parry but dont mash parry unlesh she starts her combo. Then jump to avoid the sweep

No, repel and head kick.

There are a few moves where you can get behind her. If you can figure that out hit her to slow posture recovery. Can use confetti if confident it would time out. Alternatively, sabimaru if stacked will do 50% posture/health burst dmg.

She felt like she had a huge deflect window.

Parrying her is pretty wonky, use sabimaru

Yes, you can somehow poison a ghost

>Then jump to avoid the sweep
better yet use senpou kicks / high monk

Attached: 1554093049232.webm (800x450, 2.87M)

I never ever use combat arts, they never seem worth it over R1 spam. Centipedepilll me on combat arts.

does anyone have tips for stage 2 and 3 of demon? i can get though his first phase without getting hit now but then i get insta-killed

>wasting points in temple tree

lmao

Attached: laughing girls dot jpeg.png (449x401, 490K)

>beat Owl
>immediately die to literally who miniboss
Time to stop for a while.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Lupin III Part II - 15 [480p].mkv_snapshot_16.19_[2018.05.14_22.39.44].jpg (640x480, 55K)

Fire Umbrella.

doesn't work

I'm fighting demon of hate, is it too late to get father's bell charm?

Is the Sabimaru worth using at all? It feels like I can't poison shit with it.

Power scaling is retarded. Its easier to fight two giant apes than the two longarm ninjas before Owl, gotta cheese and puppet one of them

It only takes 7 points to get Senpou kicks + its prereqs IIRC and it's seriously like the mikiri counter for sweep attacks but even more effective in terms of posture damage. Plus one of the prereqs makes enemies drop more sen and items

Attached: 1554092840836.webm (720x404, 2.9M)

>that swordwiggle

Attached: 1554475050948.png (930x916, 1.42M)

They generally aren't worth it. Shadowrush bugs some bosses because they can't block-it but it's super expensive. Mortal Draw does pretty fat damage and is probably the most useful. Ichimoji/Dbl and Nighjar have their niche uses but it's generally just icing and barely better than a combo.

Are you sure that was shit and not mud? WTF at the braap though

>tfw deflecting that overhead slash he does makes him do a massive wind slash instead that is much harder to dodge and deals a lot more damage
Why does this game sometimes incentivize you NOT to parry?

>FPS counter says steady 60
>doesn't feel like it and the game seems to be stuttering a lot
what's going on bros?

Is there an item that lets you navigate the haze of all these copypaste Headless or what? When should i fight them?

Increased sen/item drop is pointless. Farm routes are extremely common and so are balloons.

Sweep attacks are very uncommon especially on difficult bosses and you have a free built in head kick and when paired with down slices or air prosthetic like axe will do equal or 20% less (sans axe).

7 wasted points is not worth niche posture damage that is easily obtained without.

>almost 20-30% posture damage
this feels like it would have made the fight a lot easier especially considering how much he spams sweep attacks in the second phase

where do I find the text that lets me do this? hell, where is the location of all the skill tree texts?

a lot of combos change depending on whether or not you block / parry. I know that the purple ninjas will do a sweep kick after their huge jump kick if you block / parry / are hit by their jump kick, but if you dodge it they'll just roll away

High monk wrecks all the masked niggas in fountain head like nothing else, you just spam it and they cant do anything.

Double ichimonji is all about posture damage, perfect for wrecking shitheads like genichiro or anyone else you need to focus on their posture.

They only work in extremely specific boss attacks like sweeps. Even then, they don't do more much more than the basic stuff like headstomp and R1s. They're expensive so you have limited uses and since bosses will read your inputs, will attack on the same frame as you and will have faster attacks than the startups on whatever combat art you choose to use, you will get countered into possible death if you decide to use them like that.

They suck. Whatever specific counter they provide is limited and it doesn't even give you that much of an advantage.

The piercing one is amazing, wrecks enemies in fountainhead like nothing else.

>deflecting an ichimoji
Did you learn nothing from having it yourself? What part of the move doesn't scream "SIDE STEP, RETARD!"

Those guys are a fucking joke, you dont need skills to beat their asses

why are there no close fights ever in this game?

>get beat about by a boss repeatedly until that one time you beat them without taking damage

every time

Okay, keep telling yourself that. Almost every difficult enemy uses at least one sweep attack

Attached: posture slam.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

Or plunge your grabbling spear into his neck hole for massive boner damages

Who else /actualgamer/ here

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-07 17-02-18-832.jpg (1920x1080, 835K)

I'm supposed to have it myself?

Where do I get it?

Because the only way to kill bosses in this game is by not taking damage

You people are such stupid faggots.
It is an ape. They literally throw shit at humans all the time.

You can get all estus upgrades easy in one playthrough, you can get all but two of the hp upgrade things in one playthrough, two of them you have to progress towards one of the endings to do (tip:eavesdrop on important NPCS as often as you can) but you dont have to pick that ending

Only fight them when you have 2 divine confetti per headless. Fight then anytime, just be atressive

What skill is that

I just unlocked that to see if it'd help at all getting Owl 2's vitality down a little.

>zero gourd charges
>used a res
>1 spirit emblem
Not you lol.

>Snake eyes
Help.

Was going back to the dilapidated temple with the mibu priest, and only now realized there was a room above with a bead in it. Gotta keep an eye out for beads squirreled away in the environment.

Moves that may not even be used and, as said, you're spending 7 valuable points for 20% or less posture damage.

I was just thristy, it's hot in there

Jump to the sides to avoid the grapple

I dunno she was easy to kill, just deflect combos, slash, deflect and execute. Jump off her head when she sweeps. Killed her first attempt

Yeah just use the full combo for it twice. Usually poisons shit

Attached: 1553387863984.jpg (305x551, 36K)

Sweeps are used all the time by both enemies and bosses, open your fucking eyes

Attached: iframes.webm (1000x562, 2.9M)

just jump on his head while he windslash
it's free damage bruh

just deflect and attack

>finally beat the game
Haven't gone NG+ yet.
Is the Ashina Outskirts map permanently fucked where you can't teleport to some statues until you start ng+?

>Bro just do the endings without guides lol
How is anyone supposed to find these things

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-07 01-35-20-495.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

But you already have tools to deal with and greatly punish sweeps. AS SAID, FOR THE THIRD TIME, you're spending 7 points for little to no benefit. A head kick into axe does the same posture damage. Head kick into slashes gives more vital damage.

yes

What skills are best to get first? I don't want to just farm and work from the top down. I know that Mirakai counter was a good one, but what is "essential"?

Before talking to her, and behind her, an hop on her head. That will let you backstab her to start off easy, then give her 2 sabimaru combos to poison her. Beyond that, you can kite her to bait attacks with large punish windows, and deflect her slower combos.

>7 points for a move that can't be used full time

o imma laffin

How do you fight Owl2? I see screenshots of him in the lady butterfly location but i guess i picked some other choice that doesn't result in that?

>bruh just eavesdrop on your ALLIES
Nigga why would I forsake my honor as a shinobi like that

mikiri
life regen on deathblow
air prosthetics
living weapon

Poison them with sabimaru if it's the one in sunken valley.
If it's the one in poison pool they have a higher threshold, just pull them and get on the cliff so they walk in the poison and then just wait.

After Owl1 and before you beat the big boss of the divine realm, go overhead a bunch of people, stalk Emma around and it'll become available.

7 whole points wow. Points are really not that precious, the game throws you shitloads of exp

Also the regular kick not even against a sweep is strong enough to stagger Sword Saint and Genichiro out of their mortal blade charge attacks, and Owl 2 out of his big Ichimonji swing.

Attached: high monk.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

i fucked up then. i already killed the divine dragon

Next playthrough then.

>honor as a shinobi
lol they don't have any.

Funny but I first saw her in sunken valley, thought she was a pain and decided to go for the depths instead, only to have a very bad surprise
I'll try poison, thanks

Is this the best iteration of NG+ they've done?

Fuck no

why? what makes it different?

t. samurai buta

High monk is just cool and the full combo works on mobs, it also hard counters jumping enemies as well just like shuriken does.

By the time I got senpou tree I already had almost everything useful in the other trees, except the really expensive things. You act like there is something better to spend points on, like I'm gonna dump 15 points into mushin shadow rush cross combo rush or something bogus that will not work and just waste my seals.

There are a finite number of skills on the tree and some of them are traps you dump your excess into like karma or silence. Once you fill Ashina and prosthetic trees everything else is pointless. I dont see why people are talking about wasting.

If he's far away and you suspect he'll do the fireball throw, run up to him, but then stop. He'll throw one set of fireballs, then run up to him and get a few attacks in. If you just run up to him when he's doing the fireballs attack without the flame-proof umbrella, there's like a 50% chance you won't be able to avoid the first barrage.

If he initiates the charging attack, jump, and run towards him and left/right if you think you'll be able to grapple him. If not, run backwards and left/right and keep your distance.

If he does the flame dance, you have two options. One is to run in a small circle at a distance, this will practically always work. The other is to strafe and dodge by either running askew to one side, or zig-zagging. This works less than the former. If this attack kills you for some reason, never revive until the dancing animation is complete.

If the demon initatiates his four hit combo, (right swing, left swing, stomp, right swing), parry the first three attacks, then dodge inwards twice, this will give you an opportunity to attack him once the animation is on cool down.

For his third phase, you always want to make use of the malcontent finger whistle. It's vital. Jump over his spinning/flame circle attack and be wary that he's more likely to initiate the desperation leap forward if he's behind the flames.

Based monki

This would mean keeping emblems for phase 2, though. Phase 1 is much more annoying, so I'd rather abuse my prosthetics like crazy on that one.

Fun fact it uses mud instead of shit.

>look how BIG my PENIS is
Super cool story, brah.

Shinobi:
Mikiri Counter
-The increase to posture damage follow-up is not needed.

Shinobi's Mind - Body + Karma
-Cheapest way to get more Emblems - IIRC the Prosthetic tree's similar talents are deeper. Either are fine, but 2 of one tree wil net you 18 emblems which is plenty.

Suppress Presence+Sound
-Easier stealth. A gimme. With gachiin sugar can backstab some silly things

OPTIONAL: Mid-air Deflection
-I personally never got it, but it definitely has uses if you're a guy who jumps around a lot (to bad results)

Prosthetic:

Emma's Medicine
-One should be fine as you get another from a boss. If you have the points 3 can't hurt

Ashina:
Ascending + Descending Carp
-Get these ASAP. Don't fall for trap that is flowing waters. You'll find battles end too quick for it to ever be useful and baby fights are easy.

Ichimoji
- Most useful and all purpose BA. Dbl version is also good, but not required and can be dicey w/o good timing.

Temple:
Nothing

Don't fall for the trap of increased d/r and sen. Balloons are very common and I reached the end game with 50 in everything but fat was and mercury which are easily farmed up in 10 minutes.

Increased sugar timer is also pointless. Sugar are bountiful and purchasable.

Everything else is free points. Invest how you want if want to go for achievement otherwise jusy invest in attack power later on. There are plenty of BA not listed that are useful (Shadow Rush) but this is the must have list.

Why would you stagger them out of those easily avoidable long ass attacks where you can unload two full combos into their back?

Oh, I forgot Breath of Life - vitality on DB. Goes without saying.

I like the Mask, makes NG+ feel more RPGy, choosing skills or atk power.

Beat fake corrupted monk but I feels like shit. Her moves didn't look that hard to deflect but I kept messing up and she hits like a truck.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.04.07 - 20.43.01.19.png (2560x1440, 1.56M)

why would anyone choose skills over atk power anyway? unless you care about achievements

I have 5 precious baits, yet Carp already fucking dead, what do now?

H-hello Shinobi? Have you seen my friend?

Attached: 20190407104216_1.jpg (1600x900, 363K)

There are no tricks, you just have to keep trying until you download the phase 2 moves as well. Save all 3 of your malcontent stuns for phase 3 so you can just fuck him up.

Never res right after the dash in phase 2 because he likes to do the blanket fire while you get up for a free kill.

I also used confetti at start of every phase.

go to first monki arena

>tfw stopped at the bull and butterfly 10 days ago and have been putting a ton of hours into risk of rain 2
should i just restart my game at this point

>tfw savescumming the endings

Attached: 1548098598250.png (814x480, 592K)

To try them out? They have utility.

Some minions near minibosses and bosses dont have the prompt to be controlled seems intentional.

filtered by Isshin

But I have to beat him? And did

Why do you niggers have trouble with this enemy? It's literally the same as any other. You block/deflect the attacks and dodge the grab, then as a bonus you dodge the bullets too

Once, then you got scared and haven't even started NG+, git gud

Fucking shame me, i googled last flask. I was a blind idiot, since i wasted 3 hours looking for a flask at some locations but not that one.
Now i need to find 4 more beads.

I think you need to play dmc

Attack power gets worse and worse and worse with each point. After 20 the benefit is in the single digits.

It was NG+ though because my first ending was Shura and I didn't back the save up
Wasn't really any harder than regular NG to me

That was the first thing I tried since learning from the Snake part, but it don't work, he just stays up there.

It's extremely fast paced so you can run through and fight what you want to super easily, also you're constantly getting attack ups from memories and skill points.

Her attacks feels slow and lifeless and the cannon as a shield all throw me off. I also get impatient because this fight ain't fun at all.

Killed every miniboss, headless I could find. Trying to clean up loose ends before I start a NG+ Shura playthrough, anything I could have missed or should look to finish up?

retarded duelfag

Should i start a new game or go to NG+? I feel like i wasted a bunch of skill points in random shit

Attached: 2ape.jpg (243x287, 23K)

Vitality damage causes posture to heal slower or stop entirely. Vitality damage is much harder to dole our than posture damage. Why would you ever pass up chances at vitality damage to make a posture kill even easier?

Just breeze through NG+ to farm skill points better because enemies progressively give more xp per NG cycle

Doule Ichimonji is godlike. You can even bait bosses with it. They block the first one and start attacking only to get smacked by the second one. I only used the charm ones (mortal blade one and the other unlockables) once or twice since Ichimonji so good.

Near platinum, best place to grind skill points?

snake eyes fucked me hard on xbox one to the point that i started blaming the framerate. pirated on pc and destroyed her first try to idk desu she's weird

There is two beads locked by Purification ending?

I feel like framerate really fucks up your input.

The Senpou tree is worth going into solely for Senpou Leaping Kicks and its upgraded version, High Monk. It doubles as an anti air and sweep punish. If you anti air or sweep punish someone with it, the damage is ridiculous.

Does Genichiro (Final) have the same moveset as the first one you fight at the start of the game? If so I feel like shit for not beating him at the start at NG+ since I perfected him in the final.

It's different. He's definitely easier in the final battle because he has more punishable moves.

This game looks fucking cool, but should I even bother if I tried and failed to get into the first Dark Souls several times? Don't hate it but it never kept my interest for long and not a fan of the "clunky" feel of combat

>not deflecting the grab

You don't actually have to get the ending, you just have to follow the steps to unlock Hirata Estate redux before fighting the dragon.

cheers anons, didn't know there was a flame umbrella, also didn't know divine confetti would work on this guy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I NEEED MY LOOOORD!

You now carry the scent of the based, with it you can enter the realm of the Redpill

dont bother

I failed to get into DS 2 times. Played lots of Nioh instead and enjoyed it. Currently having a blast with this game.

This is phase 1 Isshin he has literally no posture on this phase. A regular jump kick would do only marginally posture damage. Although, it's not like the other combat arts are useful on this fight, or at all. So go ahead, get the kung-fu kick.

If I enjoyed Bloodborne and Sekiro, will I enjoy Nioh/Dark/Demon Souls?

Before the fight, jump on her head to get a free back stab in.
>So annoyed with a fight you start running into the mini boss and jumping on her and you see a back stab dot

a regular jump kick does like 50% less posture damage than a leaping kick.
I dont know why people are trying so hard to shit on the leaping kick. It's one of the best combat arts. 7 points is not that much

Dont see why you wouldnt.

Nioh combat is the best especially with the 7 different weapons to play, they patched enemy variety to be better than it was at release. Do be warned about the diablo loot but it isnt really necessary to micro manage it unless you plan on playing deep into endgame.

>humor
I mean, that's just realistic monkey behaviour.

Threadly reminder that journos gave up before beating the Chained Ogre
youtu.be/pSbI04ELTYA

Attached: 1527031861468.jpg (225x224, 15K)

Probably, I love Nioh because the combat is smooth and fast with lot's of options, also the loot is nice if you are into that type of thing, can make lot's of builds if you wish and save them as sets and it has rarity stuff as well higher you go in level each difficulty adds more rare stuff if you get addicted to it.

Haven't done everything yet, but I have to say that the most enjoyable fights for me were always on top of Ashina castle.

Do headless rip sekiros dick off or something? They have an attack where they stick their arm in his crotch area and pull something white out

I cannot deal with this stupid fucking ninja in hirata part 2. Fucking hell

I have never sucked at a game this hard. I cannot for the life of me kill the general in the castle before the first headless fight.

killed old isshin and got man without equal. pretty alright game. fuck that skill grind though thats just unfun autism.

have you culled the herd around him? it's not too difficult or time consuming to stealth kill every other enemy in range

my net mustve went out at some point because I've killed every boss on one of my saves and still no chievo

Okay i need to get back to the outskirts and i'm supposed to find a kite for that, which rooftop is it?

HOW TO KILL THE TWO NINJAS WITH THE DOGS TASUKETEEE

Am I /actualgamer/ yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=yby3IwE2OS0

Attached: 1546760564097.png (457x406, 210K)

Then don't grind? Play it on NG+ and go through the levels killing everyone and moving along just don't die when you are close to a level up.

>s-s-stop making fun of Japan!

Attached: (((YOU))).jpg (393x829, 259K)

The mobs are easy mode. I just run in and kill them all, then hide and assassinate the first health bar, but I get rekt 1v1.

so the point of owl 2 is to show how broken firecrackers are, yes?

>two
>with the dogs
???

not a bad advice. I wish the game had a boss mode or something just to do the bosses. but the game isnt that long when you breeze through it anyway.

He has a lot of big openings, if you want to play it slowly do a charged attack after he does a big move, most of his things can easily be dodged or avoided by walking out of range and then getting a punish right after. Even teh sweep attack you don't need to jump and do the kick punish you can just walk out of range and hit him, bring his HP down then focus on deflects if you want or just keep doing HP damage.

just stay on the offensive and watch for when he deflects or starts a hyper armored wind-up. and keep shuriken handy for his posture recovery move. He'll usually dash back to perform that

So I made it to the final boss fight, is there anything I should do before attempting him? I want to do NG+ to do the quests anyway but I wonder if there is some loot I need.

>Any comedy at all in a game is cringe

Americans.

Attached: 1541907661354.png (952x677, 544K)

The ones on Ashina Castle's roof?
Just run passed those faggots, you'll be going through them a lot.

I'm gonna finish NG+ and reserve NG+2 for the inevitable DLC featuring Tomoe.

Attached: 1554029193788.jpg (1268x1368, 80K)

you're free to kill the last boss and wait on going to NG+ if you want to explore. killing the Divine Dragon is the thing you would have needed to tie up quests before doing.

What the fuck? Was Emma actually serious when she said my eyes are brighter now or something?

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-07 19-07-08-478.jpg (1920x1080, 746K)

KURWA

someone pls

What can I do to win against Isshin?

Fuck ape, fuck 2ape.

I thought I'd do this but i just kept going and going. Gonna reserve a fresh save for a DLC run since I'll probably have put the game down for a while at that point and will probably want to rediscover/explore. not much reason to if I have everything already

No, that just happens in every area where your night vision is enabled.

Don't hesitate

just beat demon of hatred and sword saint bros. what exhilarating fights. isshin took me a good two hours. i even tried the cheese method for a while but it took forever to do and it's better just to be aggressive and deflect to build up his posture. in phase 2 he only does the thrust attack for the most part so you can mikiri counter the fuck out of him and then in phase three you can reverse lighting to get a good chunk of damage and a stun.

demon of hatred was not nearly as bad as i thought considering the horror stories i heard. i knew about the malcontent though which i saved for phase three. once i was pretty close to beating him i also used my fine snow and rice since i hadn't used them for isshin. honestly he's more like a bloodborne boss. just dodge his attacks and get under him and jump when he does his charge attack.

gonna start NG+ in a little bit, i still need to get the shura ending, and fully upgrade my prosthetics and get all the skills to get the platinum. good luck to everybody else.

...Shura

Hmm... Headless™ cave, gotta be

>Trying to get the achievement for killing all bosses in one save
>Only one more boss left
>It's Isshin Ashina
>On NG++
>I've never fought him before
>That entire last phase

Attached: fuck.jpg (318x313, 13K)

>i need to get back to the outskirts and i'm supposed to find a kite for that
No, you're not.

It pulls out your shirikodama (secret anus JO crystal housing your soul).

NG++es don't matter if you're still playing on easy mode.
Just use the fire umbrella.

Yeah I did it on NG+++ and managed to kill it despite not learning to deal with THAT ONE MOVE he has. I learned in a later playthrough though firecrackers when he charges it

What do you think will the amount of people to beat Isshin be? I think less than 5% will get the trophy/achievement.

Spam R1 until he parries you. Then press L1, O or X at the right time until you get another window to spam R1. Just like every other boss in this boring game.

Kek

Attached: 1512820874332.jpg (1063x800, 88K)

i did the bloodborne dlc on NG+2 and the bosses fucking destroyed me. i couldn't beat orphan of kos no matter how hard i tried and eventually resorted to summoning (yeah pathetic i know). then i went back to do another playthrough and did the DLC on NG and beat all the bosses in pretty much one try. more power to you if you want to attempt to beat tomoe+2 though.

>tomoe+2
It's the only legit way to experience her. I'd feel bummed out if she didn't completely destroy me seeing how strong she is supposed to be.

The npc tells me i can get back to the outskirts using a kite and all teh other acces are blocked, how i am supposed to do then?

>finally kill ng+3 demon of hatred
What the fuck were they thinking with demon of hatred and the dragon fight? dragon is baffling because its just a combination of elements that have never worked in previous games and demon of hatred is a boss that actively encourages bad habits.

Why did you think you'd like a fromsoft game? they can all be simplified to this. Even simpler in early titles

on playstation i think it's like 6 or 7 percent of people who started the game have beat sword saint

Check steam achievements

Go to the Old Grave bonfire and jump down. The invading Interior Ministry forces have repaired the bridge there. The one you couldn't cross and had to go down the snek valley?

Get fucking in there, save your Gourds for phase 2+ so that you're forced to master Jobichiro and phase 1. Genichiro is much the same as he was before so you should already have him locked down quite well and phase 1 Isshin is real easy once you stay in his face at all times. Also pay attention to the timing on their Mikiro Counters, After deflecting Genichiro's combo or his falling attack that goes into a non-perilous attack the following Counter will have real late timing, wait until the symbol fades. The same is true of Isshin's phase 1 Counter after he shoves you away. Know that his phase 2 is easily his toughest, so if you just make it passed that you're on the home stretch.

>actively encourages bad habits
it's the endgame though you should be able to compartmentalize the strat for Demon will be different to all the other enemies to far

What is in the unavailable part in Ashina Outskirts at the end of the game? Has anyone tried noclipping there?

the percentages are higher than i figured.

isshin is at 19%

Attached: Capture.png (839x713, 107K)

On Steam it's about 20%, pretty surprising for how much people seem to be complaining about the difficulty.

>then run because he'll Ree.
Or get pacified beforehand to increase resistance and you can probably tank it.

I'm not simplifying. That's literally the strategy that works for every boss in the game besides Folding Screen Monkeys and Divine Dragon. It's a huge step down from the variety of DeS or Bloodborne.

demon of hatred is basically laurence. just fight him like a bloodborne boss instead of a humanoid boss and you'll be fine. dodge under him for his attacks, jump when he does the unblockable charge, use the flame umbrella if you're in a spot where you're gonna get his no matter what and save the malcontent for phase 3. easy peasy japaneesy.

you mean R1, occasional R2 and O/B?

>beaten demon of hatred.
>All thats left is isshin/Genechiro
>still missing one prayer bead
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WHERES TE LAST ONE?!

Attached: .......png (175x166, 26K)

Says the dumbfuck that did the bad ending route which is 15 hours shorter than refusing to join Owl route.
The game is literally a MINIMUM 40 hours if you are a good player and "100%" it as well as a player can without looking any stuff up.

>tfw I beat the Shura ending and got all bosses, but Steam went down halfway through and I didn't get the achievements

Attached: 1549060476044.gif (400x279, 1.75M)

guess the casuals on playstation are the ones who are complaining because it's less than 10% on there.

I just did the stealth "boss" with the monkeys and got the mortal blade, where do I go now? Do I go back and kill the guardian ape?

>15 hours shorter
I wouldn't say the last area is near that long

>Using the game mechanics is cheating

Getgud fags are the epitome of pathetic. Almost as bad as fags who screamed "Screenpeaker" when they started loosing and forbade you from using weapons that they couldn't counter.

On PC you can install a cheat to slow him down like in Nioh lol

>one
You sure you're not missing 5? There are 2 in the revisited memory for Purification ending. But you can get them and choose another ending as well.

yes, and Ashina Depths if you haven't been there

Yeah, or the path from the Ashina Reservoir hole.

Screen looking is a super low class, unfun tactic.

right i forgot about cheat engines. that probably gives it a 5 to 10% bump for PC.

can also use the Sunken Valley snake cave shortcut to the swamp from the ape bonfire

Dragon is a setpiece fight, mostly for looking cool. Like most fights, the Demon is about moveset awareness. You're mostly safe circling around his ankles, just be ready to jump and dodge more often than deflect. When he's at range, he's got only three options in the first phase, two of which are obvious windups and the third is fireballs, so just bait one of them and re-approach safely accordingly.

Are you both talking about Ashina depths?
I'll have to take a look, is it the place you started in, where there now is a ninja boss?

Is the Hirata Estate supposed to be a high-level area or am I just a scrub who needs to git gud?

Pretty much half my health is gone by the time I reach Juzou and I barely even make a dent on his health every time

Pic related is my stats

Attached: unknown.png (1600x900, 2.57M)

>Get to the point where Ashina Castle sculptures become unavailable
>Fight my way backup to the top floors
>Purple sword faggot with his mob kick my shit in

Attached: 1546812841025.png (278x255, 25K)

kinda lost my motivation to play, i'm at the final boss and this game just feels lacking somehow,

whatever you want > sekiro > dark souls 2

yeah that's one way to get there, keeping the purple wizard in the pit to your left

Exactly.

He is easy for that reason, but my point is not that hes hard its that hes really fucking bad BECAUSE actually using the mechanics of the game will result in your death. I seriously cant think of another boss in their catalogue where using one of the integral mechanics in the game, in this case parrying is such a massive problem.

It's literally the tutorial area.

i did hirata estate before even killing "my name is" guy. to beat juzou i recommend going in and killing all the other dudes around him. then run away and let the fight reset. then go talk to the NPC there and get him to help you out. he'll get juzou's attention for a good while before he dies allowing you to get 1 deathstroke. then just dodge and take advantage of him. he hits hard but his attacks are slow and easy to dodge. good luck.

Go into the room from the OTHER side and backstab the second purple dude.

I got there early like everyone else and got raped by lady butterfly and figured it was tuned for mid game. But it's really not the case I just didnt have a grasp on the combat yet

I just beat genichiro in the tower, could anyone give me a rough estimate how far I am into the game? Don't have long to play the game

If you're feeling stuck you should probably try advancing the other area instead. You'll pick up on how the game is played eventually.

>has two swords, one for humans and one for apparitions/demons
>accepts requests to kill said apparitions and demons
>has naturally good eyesight in the dark
>main storyline is all about helping out a kid
No wonder Sekiro is From's magnum opus when it's literally Wild Hunt

Puppeteer the mob, you can run behind him for a backstab

that boss was super easy, just make sure you parry every attack and then use double downward thrust art on him.

use the puppeteer skill too on the mob to get him to help take some of the attention away from you for easy hits

you need to buy all the skills to plat the game
most combat arts are garbage anyway
stfu cuckley

you might be 1/3 or 1/4 of the way through the game

What do you mean? Using tools is a part of the game, you can deflect his stomps as well and get a nice punish right after.

Depends on what else you've done, but less than halfway

i went on in the "real world" until i killed the horse guy and then went back

There are 6 pieces of lapus lazulai available per playthrough, and you need 10 to get all of the final shinobi arm upgrades. So be sure to get those, and all carp scales you can, as well.

Avoid his fire arm except if you're using the fire umbrella, deflect his foot stomps normally for stuns

you can stealthkill all the mobs including the fat guy by resetting the fight everytime. after you stealthblow'd the fat guy you run to the rocks, talk to the npc and let him help you defeat him

evade his attacks and only parry when hes low health, good luck

Will the rest of the game be full of enemy spam as well?
It's really unfun

Attached: sekiro_2019_04_07_19_28_03_686.png (1920x1080, 3.86M)

What I don't get is how Owl 1 is an old man but Owl 2 being only 3 years younger is somehow in his prime. Did he just sustain really bad injuries at Hirata?

Attached: xxxxxxxxx.gif (100x100, 23K)

I think the biggest reason the ending can be difficult to get is because you have to use the rice multiple times before it get going, I sat on mine like a faggot until near the end of the game and didn't bother getting more

Worst part for this is Fountainhead Palace

this might be the worst of it, granted its actually an easy situation and you're just a bitch

That's probably the most egregious example that I can think off, there are certainly larger crowds later on but they're either more spread out to give you time to deal with them or easily avoidable. I can't think of any other major groups near minibosses either.

yeah specially towards the end.
imo the game is really overrated.

Anyone know when I can eavesdrop on Kuro and Emma?

Why did you run straight to him? learn to fucking pay attention to your surroundings first instead of stupidly rushing down

thanks

you can atleast run by most enemies in fountainhead, with maybe the exception of the 2 nobles before the bridge idol. but you can sneak there

after the 2nd fight on Ashina rooftop

What? They're all blind in there, you can just backstab 99% enemies without any other aggroing in there.

I will get the normal ending. At least I wasn't retarded enough to "follow the code".

Why the f*ck are endings always so enigmatic and hard to find?

Attached: anger tear.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

This one is about teaching you not to just charge headlong into everything and to utilize stealth instead

wall in library

this was dumb, you are in the room and no one is talking but if you go behind the wall, they will talk (and you can eavesdrop)

The fuck? How?
>No deep water nearby
>Waterfall too far away and too thin to carry him anyway

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-07 19-38-06-260.jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

>game gives you a dedicated eavesdropping button
>"uhh... no Wolf, we're not hiding anything from you, nope, not at all. you keep just killing bad guys"
>ignore it

Is the Isshin cheese easy to pull off? Want to beat the game today and start NG+ to get good desu

The return ending is fairly straightforward after getting the Holy Chapter. just make sure to get your rice refills

>A white lotus flower found blooming in the depths of the Sunken Valley, where the Fountainhead Waters pool deeply.

I know about the passage to the left, but I don't think you can clear all the mobs before the boss agro's so it's pointless

>The return ending is fairly straightforward
Nah. It's the most cryptic one. Purification is straightforward, because all you have to do is eavesdrop a few times and talk to Ema.
I never fucking used the rice, because I'm a hoarder. And I'm sure 99% don't, and 99% of the 1% who used the rice once, haven't asked for seconds.

>but I don't think you can clear all the mobs before the boss agro's so it's pointless
You can you idiot

yeah I totally found his corpse by chance. But I guess there's a hint in the pool at the other end of this boss arena with fountainhead architecture and precious bait at the bottom

it's not that easy to be honest. i tried it for a while and it takes forever. it's honestly easier just to be aggressive and deflect his attacks. first phase you can cheese fairly easily just by running around since he only does 3 or 4 attacks for the most part and then you can run behind him and hit him twice.

2nd phase is harder. you have to run around get him to do his jump attack but in order for him not to do a follow up you have to run towards him as he does it and then the camera fucks up and it's hard to get damage in. it also takes forever. i ended up just doing it normally and thought it was a lot easier than the "cheese" method for whatever reason.

The waterfall is still supposed to be the explanation I guess

I'm at killing the Demon of Hatred, is it too late to "change" the ending? I have never eavesdropped on Kuro and he disappeared from his room because I beat the Divine Dragon.

So you come into a sekiro help thread and call people idiots, why don't you tell me how?

Nope i have 1-9 so im working on ten
\Literally missing one more bead for 10
SOMEONE HELPPPPPPPPPPPP
DONT WANT TO GO INTO NG+ WITHOUT IT

does kuro die in the return ending? it was left kind of ambiguous

The old lady you see praying at multiple points asks for rice. when you give her the divine child's rice specifically she gives you hints on how to get the snake's fruits.

its all pretty connected. Not super cryptic by From's standards but I guess I can see how you'd miss it

What ending am I going to get? Kuro got slashed by Isshin and I barely did any side quests at all.

mate I'm on ng+4

just look up a guide and check out all the ones that are hidden in the world. hopefully you killed all the minibosses because several of them are missable after the siege on the castle. power pyx has the best one i think.

Because you already described how to do it, you just need to clear the mobs and if the ennemies aggro, run away and then comeback for more stealth kill, do that then call the samurai to help you and voila, it's now a 2v1 against theb oss

>is it too late to "change" the ending? I have never eavesdropped on Kuro and he disappeared from his room because I beat the Divine Dragon.
yup you fucked up

Purification is out, return MIGHT be possible but I'm not sure. Killing the DD locks you out of a lot of quests

yeah you are locked into one ending if you haven't already completed the steps before killing divine dragon. sorry bro.

So just run away for 30 seconds until his aggro resets

How do I murder this fishy cunt

The old ladies are obviously glorified in-game hints to where go next, so I didn't give them any. The "puzzles" are easy to figure out without their help.
I poured some five colored rice on her head, but I guess she didn't like it all that much.

How do you expect us to magically guess which one of the 40 beads you're missing

So we can all accept that Corrupted Monk in Fountainhead is the hardest boss in the game,right.

The fact that you can stealth kill her all 3 phases and cant do that for any other boss is proff of this.
Her parry timing are tough as fuck and consist of both fast and slow with a mixture of unblocakbles that makes her the hardest boss to beat legit.

Youll notice that no other boss really mixes in unblockables with there normal attacks.

They either do a combo or an unblockable and usually unblockables are there own moves with there own startup and are individual

immortal severance. not a good ending but not as bad as shura.

no this is "best" ending everybody end happy
shura > return > purification > immortal severance

Honestly, that part bothers me less than the fart. Apes do throw their poo. See all the warnings in zoos.

well she'll more or less tell you to use Puppetry Ninjustu on the kite rat and the monkey in the cave when you give her the child's rice

Where'd you get that 5 color rice, though? not sure If I found that

I dont find true monk's moveset to be that hard but the fucking arena is garbage.

get very precious bait from one of the pot dudes that you trade carp scales to. feed it to him (but only after feeding him precious bait first so you get the scales from the NPC.

There's a Memorial Mob near the Shugendo (iirc) idol in Senpou

>there are people who had a hard time on Dragon

is that true?

>only bosses left are the 2 generals at the moon-view shrine, demon of hatred and Gencshinn
So this is it,huh? Should I even bother booting the game ever again?
I would like some tips on the hate doggo

Attached: 1473716532554.gif (303x307, 1.24M)

When are you going to grow up?

I fed him like four times with bait you can find in the world.

OH yeah I found him in my first playthrough and was always poor so I didnt buy anything. I end up just rushing to Robert's dad in subsequent playthroughs

not even close. you can jump up in the trees and do a stealth deathblow at the beginning of phase 1 AND phase 2, though that's basically cheating. even without that she's not that hard.

sword saint isshin and/or owl 2 are the hardest in my opinion. some would say demon of hatred as well but i didn't think he was that bad.

NG is tutorial. Play NG+ without Kuro's charm and unlock new endings.

God Ninja is such a scrub, how did he get all the way to Snake Eyes without learning how to parry?

Stay close to him, quite literally beat his ass whenever he goes for the stomp and cheese phase 3 with malecontent whistle

>tips on the hate doggo
dashing behind his back and getting in hits that way worked well for me. making sure to spring with him when does he short dash away. Basically the souls boss

ng+ is too easy, better to start a new game without Kuro’s charm

how the fuck is everybody happy with the shura ending? emma is killed, as well as cool old isshin, kuro is heartbroken and you become a demon.

see

Damage and posture regen on NG are too forgiving. The lack of prosthetic tools doesn't really compensate for it.

>not even close. you can jump up in the trees and do a stealth deathblow at the beginning of phase 1 AND phase 2, though that's basically cheating. even without that she's not that hard.
DUDE DOING STEALTH BLOWS IS PUSSY SHIT AND NOT LEGIT!

THATS WHAT THE user A;READY STATED IN HIS POST!
The fact that you can get to freeebies on Corrupted monk and no other boss is a proff of her difficulty.
FROM proabaly had playtesters have issues with her or maybe the developers had issues fighting her.
Why is she the only boss that lets you get 2 FREE stealth kills?!

Stick to his feet, jump to the left to avoid his stupid glide move, learn to spot his jump early so you have to time to escape.
A lot of people have said the flaming umbrella is good here, idk.
Lastly, Malcontent can be used to stun him 3 times; you can get 3/4th of a bar at least with just that.

that would be fun. more incentive to actually fight enemies for their beads and such.

then you should have already gotten all the carp scales you can get. just go to one of the pot dudes and they'll give you very precious bait, go back and feed it to him and then go to guardian ape's watering hole and you'll find him there.

Yes. I explored those areas with no-clip and there's nothing there. No items, enemies or anything.

dragon can give you some really bad rng sometimes if you try to autopilot it. eg jumping on lighting branch then getting blown away + shocked.

Owl 2 definetly took me more tries than any boss in the game so far,so i wont argue with that,but still his moveset is easier to parry than the Monks.

Her attacks and wind up are so weird.
Like a mixture of slow and fast at the same time.
I firecrackered C.Monks third phase becaseu she gets even faster during that phase than she already is

Honestly, I found out about the Return ending on my first run, but you have to be very lucky to unlock the Purification ending without knowing about it.

Only retards who don't realize that grappling doesn't make them invincible. You have to watch out for the slashes he throws out at you before going for a lightning reversal.

It might be the point where the last remaining people who don't get the combat system are finally filtered out. The game clicked at Lady Butterfly for me after about a dozen deaths and nothing's taken more than five since. I recognize corrupted monk is mechanically more involved, but once you get how the game wants to be played it's not that bad. And I generally get bodied pretty hard by Souls games.

>A lot of people have said the flaming umbrella is good here, idk.
It's useful for two things mainly: protecting yourself if you're in a bad position (including for the jump, which it blocks completely) and for deflecting his fire arm attacks, especially the big overhead swing which stuns him for a moment

Old isshin is harder than sword saint.

Maybe, I want to fight her again since I feel like I got better since beating the game, her thrust really fucked me up though. Didn't even know about the stealth kills.

No.

not really, 3 phases versus 4 phase fight (though genichiro barely counts i guess) and the flame umbrella makes his second phase manageable.

His big fire ability was pretty tough for me to deal with but then I just used firecrackers when he was charging it and it completely skips it.

>isshin is at 19%
trainer

If I noticed even once at all that you can eavesdrop on your guys, I would have tried it all the time but who even expects that

sword saint has an arena that trivializes the whole fight. isshin has the same tiny arena as owl/genichiro and he does massive fire aoe garbage strikes

Personal trainers to teach how to play Sekiro are a thing among normies already? How do I become one?

Do people get banned for that?
I'm this guy, , and I'm considering unlocking those achievements to set things right.

dumb retards lel

just do a charmless run or something, killing the bosses you missed

I got him, if anyone cares. Mikiri counter was especially helpful.
three npcs have dragonrot now though

Hol up who the fuck is Old Isshin? NG+ only?

You can get TWO stealth kills on Corrupted monk?

How?

Steam usually should just give you the cheevos the next time you go online. It must be some serious error to rob you of achievements, but that happened to me before too. But only like once, when I played the first Darksiders.

shura ending last boss

>”you’re playing the game wrong!”
Wtf now I want my a easy mode.

True,but what relly throws you off is that Corrupted monk in Mibu village is an easier version of the real one.
Since the apppartion/fake on only has one health bar i went ahead and memorized her style and eventually beat her flawlessly, but her speed and attack timings are nothing like the real monks.

Real one mixes up her attacks patterns and speed while the fake one just does the same set of combos at the same speed and timing.

Both

>banned
Banned from what? This game has no online.

Use stealth to backstab the shield users first, then run away to deaggro them (run opposit tye side with the samurai npc to keep him alive).

Keep picking off one or two at a time (gachin's sugar really helps with this), and running away. Then sneak in for a backstab on Juzou, run over to the samurai, and have him help set up opportunities to set Juzou on fire, or chain combos.

The game is trying to break you from "muh honor" Souls mindset and rely on being a sneaky ninja dickhead.

>game throws maybe like 7-8 dudes with shields at you throughout the entire game

What the fuck are you supposed to use the loaded axe on?

actually yeah maybe he isnt that hard I just watched a boss kill video of him on ng. I was fighting him on ng+4 and didnt use firecrackas so it felt much more demanding than sword saint ever did when it comes to positioning and mixing attack/defense

>user is smart and reads game lore how beasts are scared of fireworks
>user uses fireworks on Ape
>"YOU ARE PLAYING THE GAME WRONG"
lmao

You can use it on enemies and fuck up their guar/posture/health.

What are the must have skills I should pick first?

Alot of things, it can stagger hits and has hyper armor on the swing, does good damage as well with the upgrades.

It seems pretty good at dealing posture damage later on after you can do prosthetic follow up attacks. It also gets fire damage which is nice.

I still avoid using it just to save dolls.

Probably the pond at senpou temple main building, that's where mine was

LOL Been wondering the saem thing

After killing ape, I think he is one of the easier bosses.

Phase 1 -- Use firecrackers and block when he attacks.

Phase 2 - Run away so that he chases you and bait his dive attack, where you can get three hits in. If he doesn't dive, he will either do a perilous sweep or a normal four-attack combo. During the sweep, you can get one hit in before needing to block. During the four-attack, you can get 2 attacks before needing to block. So long as you follow this pattern, you won't take any damage.

Attached: 1554067898993.jpg (1532x1324, 1.45M)

The trees right as she appears.
You can do it the monent the fight starts to and can even stealh kill her 3rd phase but that has a short window on it.
Theres a WEBM of an user doing it on all 3 phases

or just deflect his sword strikes until he does the big swing, deflect that and he falls to ground and you can smash him like 5 times.

I cheesed 2nd phase rape ape so hard. 1st phase ain’t so bad to me anymore, I got down patterns and just kind of hug the ape. But I was really bad at 2nd phase. My parry was often off, I was too slow for his sweep, when I hugged him sometimes he would do his AOE attack and I didn’t have time to get away without taking some damage. It was just a mess, so I basically baited his lunge attack and the huge jump, ran in and took one or two swipes each. It literally took me like, 10 minutes and my health was near zero the whole time.

Is there anything I can unlock to make the final boss fight easier?

the problem with that is that takes skill. i am not a talented player.

what is Shura exactly?

Why can all the bosses be cheesed by baiting them for an overhead slam?

Why wouldn't you just cram their posture bar up immediately if you could? The whole point of dishing vitality damage is to make it easier to fill the posture damage, but if you can cut out the middleman why not just do that? Some bosses it may not do what the webm showed, but why wouldn't you have that on deck to absolutely deck sweep attacks?

guys can you tell me the steps I need to take in order to get the "best" ending, I have just beaten the 2nd corrupted monk

>has kuro's charm
>doesn't have bell demon
Now I'm not gonna say 'hurr durr, u haf to pley dis way', but don't brag about 'beating a boss' making you an actual gamer.

Attached: 1467332279443.gif (461x334, 2.97M)

Did it, but it felt like cheating

Exhaust NPC dialogue and eavesdrop on friendly NPCs. Don't gather all the incense materials just yet, if you can. Talk to people when you have 1/2/3 separately.
Eat your rice regularly.

A shinobi would know the difference between honor and victory

Literally just parry one attack, double ichimonji. It's an easy way to cheese this boss. It leaves you with a big enough window 100% of the time after you parry 1 attack.

I really wish that perilous attacks that are counterable with mikiri had a different colour, to make it easier to see which attacks you can stomp on their weapon.

I noticed that I found it extremely tough during Genichiro's second phase, that it was really hard to see if he did his thrust or his spin attack after his jump.

At what point should I be doing Hirata Estate? I had just beaten Chained Ogre when I used the bell at the Bhudda.

Got all the way to that drunk asshole with the poison sword and almost died. That guy that helped me died, too.

thrust = blade glimmer in center
sweep = blade glimmer on lower left

Just deflect those too? It's not an unblockable move

It does though
Even candy crush makes one an actual gamer

>Double ichimonji
That sounds OP and I don't want it

Why do apes and monkeys even throw their shit? I'm pretty sure no species in the animal kingdom but human finds it disgusting. Animals eat shit all the time.

>Doing Return ending
>Beat Divine Dragon
>Hirata Estate Memory still unchanged
>finally use a guide and realize I can't fight Owl2

I'm pretty fucking bummed desu, I really don't feel like doing two NG+ just to play all the bosses.

Anything else I should do before Isshin? Already killed every miniboss that I'm aware of, gave all the snake organs to loli, will I see DoH on the journey through Ashina Castle or do I need to do something special?

Also I fed the Carp Truly Precious Bait but got no achievement, or does that come from feeding up the merchant carp?

Attached: feelslimpman.png (102x163, 33K)

>Heading to SS isshin battle
>another seven spears and a general Samurai
>Reaslise that fucker is the last prayer bead i need
NO NO NOPE THE FUCK SIR

Does the last seven spears before SS Isshin have a prayer bead?!
Please say no,Yea Forums

It's literally a Ape.
They do actually do this.

I just cleared the Senpou Temple. Could you tell me how far I am ?
Thanks

Blame the devs for making shitty AI. I've beaten minibosses by dragging them out of their area and hitting them against a wall to stunlock them.

When certain enemies are brought out of their 'combat area', they simply walk back slowly and don't attack you.

someone post that video of the penguins taking shits on that one beta penguin

Yes, he has a prayer bead.

Pop a Gaachin sugar to sneak kill the general before fighting spear guy.

Attached: game journalists.png (495x497, 441K)

>Muh shota cherm
What a goddamn meme

I got the CODEX release, but haven't started it yet.

Is the experience not as it should be because it's missing the first patch

Attached: s124.jpg (1284x726, 302K)

>an item that incentivizes you to parry perfectly or be punished is a meme

Attached: 1474486928910.gif (416x310, 1.38M)

>I fed the Carp Truly Precious Bait but got no achievement
Did you find it's corpse? IIRC that's what gives the achievement.
Demon will show up no matter what, talk to the merchant in Dilapidated temple to get extra dialogue when fighting him(at least, that's what I think triggers it).

Yeah caught juzou 2 in a guard loop from doing this and just broke his posture

Literal artificial difficulty. I'd rather play the non-retarded way, thanks.

No I tried swimming through is main tunnel and around the lake and didnt see his corpse anywhere. Guess ill check again. The other merchant is dead but I made sure to buy the mask fragment first

Why do some people suggest that you beat Genichiro with only posture damage?

For me, he was like lady Butterfly in that he recovered his posture way too fast unless you dealt some vitality damage.

Puppeteer is your friend

Except it's actually fun to play and the main character doesn't control like a fucking tank

Codex's was already patched to 1.02. I never heard of any further patches

That slow posture recovery from all the chip damage i took on Owl fucked me up. I had just gotten complacent

>perform base mechanics correctly or be punished
>artificial difficulty

Attached: 1441919945125.jpg (612x574, 66K)

gentle blade my ass
this bitch is worse than angry genie, genisissy and Glock Saint Angry Grandad combined

Attached: mouthbreathing.png (298x268, 56K)

the demon of hatred is mandatory for the ending?

I counter him with the shield and his posture went down fast

How do I avoid getting destroyed by Demon of hatred's special attack. He keeps doing it and I can't dodge it for shit. pls help

If you dont let him breathe his posture cant recover. It recovers when they arent guarding or attacking

Didn't know that and the info didn't mention it.

Thanks user

It very much is a meme indeed my friend

The corpse isn't at the Fountainhead at all

The corpse is at the Guardian ape watering hole in Sunken valley.

Has anyone done a camera mod that lets you free roam the area, would be cool to see Ashina Castle when it gets invaded by shinobis fighting everyone.

appreciate it

Attached: 1485055786938.jpg (750x562, 80K)

Attached: 1464934600351.gif (300x300, 482K)

No, but how could you just abandon your friend in a state like.

You need to be on him like a glue and pressure him instead of letting him pressure you. His health shouldn't even need to go below ~70%.

Does anyone have the problem of when pushing the stealth key, a little Windows alert sound appears? It's uncomfortable.

I stick in my game. I have 2 bosses. The cortupted monk and the ape. Neither are very fun to fight.
I want to fight Genchiro a hundred times.

Use the whistle and he kills the dogs himself

>keep attacking him until he deflects
>respond to his next attack, either by deflecting/blocking or dodging
>repeat part 1

anyone else have to grind every single boss fight? i beat only a handful under less than three tries, otherwise i can go at it up to 20+ times. i suck at video games, makes me depressed really, been playing games for 20 years or something..

also is it only when you resurrect you get dragonrot?

Attached: pr.jpg (219x168, 17K)

Fucking bullshit.
His tracking and hitboxes remind me of early Dark Souls 2

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 241K)

>tfw R1 button starts to fail on controller halfway through sword saint fight
Well...fuck. How are the kb/m controls?

>twitch.tv/ninja
fortnite boi gettting dabbed on by guardian ape lmao. only phase 1.

Attached: 1554561843257.jpg (1366x768, 92K)

>Realistic depiction of ape behavior
>WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT

He's one of the easier bosses to keep the pressure on. The attack pattern is simple, making it easy for you to run up and spam him until he counter attacks, raising his posture and usually giving you a chance to actually hit him and raise it even more.

Demon of Hatred feels like it wasn't designed for this system, why do they feel the need to break the rules they've established for the entire game?

His charging perilous attack? Jump to the side when you see him going for it.

Which one? For the sprint that triggers your spider sense, you only need to jump, preferably backwards so you get a bit of a headstart for chasing him. For the jump, just run away and grapple back.

>when she does her grab and shifts across the entire map
>when she grabs you out of the fucking sky

Attached: 1464717396184.gif (221x196, 410K)

Attached: monkey-business.gif (921x1168, 335K)

kuros charm would be balanced if the regain system from bb was in place.

Looks like Blanggonga, acts like Congalala.

Using these things that make the game slightly more """difficult"""" are nothing against being someone who can barely move at all and still beat the game. None of us are gamers compared to that fag

get the firecrackers

I'm far from the final boss, but is it true that he has 4 phases?

Attached: scared.jpg (698x672, 26K)

It's LITERALLY what monkeys do IRL.

Its when you die die. Also i had a few bosses kick my ass badly. Isshin took me 8 hours. He's a one shot now. Maybe 8 or 9 without charm

His attacks are pretty easily read and memorized, and his lunge and sweep being really obvious helps too. I was trying to vitality damage him too to get his posture regen down, but several times I’d be able to do the first or second kill in like, 20 seconds because he’d do something like his flurry followed by a lunge or two that would just rapidly deplete his posture anyways.

For real. I just beat it, and it honestly gave me more trouble than Sword Saint. As good as the hitboxes are on the rest of the game, grabs being so shitty feels terrible.

There is. There are two passives that recover health on a deathblow.

But how do you handle your own posture bar increasing then? Because I found the need to reset it after 1 or 2 of his combos, and during that time he reset his own posture.

He certainly stole enough of my money

What martial arts are the best?
They all look cool in showcase, but i think in real combat half of them are useless.
On what i should focus at first?

When she twirls backward preparing to do her string.
Back up a few feet and parry like normal. If you don't move into position she twirls around you attacking and you won't parry all of the attacks due to her attacking your sides and back.

>How are the kb/m controls?
Pretty good, beat the game with it without any issues.

Yes. Buckle up, sweetie.

I wouldn't worry about how many tries it takes. Some took me easily 20+ tries too but once you get them they become easy on subsequent runs.

Resurrection doesn't cause dragonrot, only dying and respawning at an idol does, so feel free to use it.

Well your posture can't be broken if you're parrying perfectly. It will fill up for sure, but if you keep up the parries then you'll never get broken. This is why speedrunners always have max posture bar and just run in anyway. It'll only break if you get hit at a full bar/miss a parry.

I would rather do the spin kicks just because I hate those moves when they're used against me, and i want to kick those bastards in the face.

The first phase takes 30 or 40 seconds by the time you get there, but yes. Four phases.

yeah but thats fairly useless on bosses.

Just get Double Ichimonji and ignore the rest.

Anyone else here on pc and getting annoying texture pop in? I can't seem to fix it. The game looks good and runs smoothly but there's a ton of blurry rocks and shit freaking out in the background.

When he does that 2 hit combo into the swarm of hits i back away after his first 2 hits during the slight delay

I was talking about the health damage you get from missed deflects/blocks if you gave away kuro's charm. theres too little to even out missed deflects other than lol just play perfectly or fall back and gourd.

lads i am at the sunken valley cavern but the snek is not there
what gives?

Attached: 1324847940467.png (452x452, 347K)

Personally I like High Monk, it does more posture damage than the anti-sweep double jump, to the point where I once got lucky on Genichiro's attack pattern and three shot him with it.

So i did the carp quest before buying the lazulite from the pot guy. Now he's dead. Can i still get the lazulite somehow? Already got 2 from demon and 2 from the headless

I've just come to terms with having like no money for my first playthrough. I've actually managed to get a couple thousand together... then I stumbled upon the Senpou Temple... But I also just made it to the first real fight with Genichiro on top of Ashina Castle.

Don't miss your parries, or put up your guard when he's winding down after an attack instead of retaliating. Learn to recognize his wombo combo and dodge away after the two initial strikes, you'll get plenty of room to breathe while he keeps busy. Ichimonji is a good tool as well.

Check the other guy's stock.

Did you already go across the bridge? The snake doesn't spawn until you do.

Yeah, basically. I killed Gyoubu on my 3rd try, but Butterfly, Genichiro and Rape Ape took me like, 20+ tries. I also got wrecked a lot by Seven Spears. I don’t think I ever felt as helpless as against Butterfly tho, but that was because she was my first boss. I was still figuring out the game. Basically everybody else has felt like I’m just doing bad with my parries, panicking etc. On Rape Ape vol 2 when I finally won I was literally on my couch taking deep breaths like an idiot, trying to relax and not do something stupid.

You need to encounter him on the sunken valley rope bridge first i think

Stream autoplays on their wiki, so everyone looking shit up on fextra counts as a viewer.

>theres too little to even out missed deflects other than lol just play perfectly or fall back and gourd
But that's literally the point. The point of getting rid of Kuro's Charm is to make you 'lol play perfectly'. There's no balance to be had because it's not meant to be 'balanced'. It's meant to be hard.

Where else have you been? Have you received any key items there?

no
I am far above the bridge, i don't even know how to get to the damn bridge

You have more than enough gourds for occasional fuckups, the chip damage isn't that big. Unless you miss literally every deflect, in which case acquire proficiency.

DS2 is still unfortunately the best, becuase of new content for the next 2 playthroughs

Double Ichimonji, High Monk and Mortal Draw are absolutely the most useful ones, although almost all of them can be pretty good situationally

Yeah buying coin purses is great for solidifying your sen count

Drop from the roof above them and stealth kill one then pk the other
Lmao I didn't even think of that, I just got the idol around the corner and use that to get back into the suffering

Yeah, but you're not supposed to fuck up your deflects.

You get to the bridge through the locked door at the end of gun fort, and you get the key from Kuro after beating Genichiro on top of the castle.

DeS, roll then hit, even less buttons.

Money comes so easily after your first playthrough. Hirata Estate enemies drop like 190/enemy if you have both Sen Skill upgrades. Not to mention each previously beaten miniboss drops a Heavy Sen Purse instead of a Prayer Bead.

You think of them as difficult walls now but after you’ll appreciate them as being the best part and climax of this game.

>theres too little to even out missed deflects other than lol just play perfectly or fall back and gourd.
The whole point of the charm is to condition you to learn how to lol just play perfectly

Attached: 1420495577192.jpg (358x429, 56K)

Money is basically worthless after your first playthrough. Once you get all the prosthetic upgrades there's nothing to spend money on but items, and you'll be swimming in those already.

The DLC will be you traveling to Bloodborne.
There you will find Robert who has become a bloodthirsty beast.
The dragon from the west was actually an old one, that's where in the west it came from because Bloodborne is west of Japan.

Once you discover this you fight Bloodborne who has all the trick weapons in their first form but switches to spells in their second form.

Also once you beat the Bloodborne a batwing demon flies down from the sky and winks at the camera before it fades to black and says "Dark Souls will return again..."

You can cheese her, if you want.

Just run over the bridge and wait till she reach the stairs. Then do 3-5 hits in her back and she should be on top of the staircase. Her AI bugs and she will get retarded and just want to retreat.
From there 3-5 attacks run behind her and 3-5 hits until she's dead.

>There's no balance to be had because it's not meant to be 'balanced'. It's meant to be hard.
that's reasonable. I'm just butthurt that I keep choking without the charm and the game isnt fun, then again thats what sekiro says, that he wants to suffer.

>variety of DeS or BB
You mean roll/dash then attack? At least this game you can face attacks head on. There's jumping off sweep attacks, shinobi tool variation, mikiri counters, parries, blocks, dashes, etc.

I'm not gonna say that this game is like IRL combat or some stupid shit, but it's definitely more than 'roll, hit, roll, hit, roll, hit'.

OH MY FUCKING GOD TENGUMAN CAME AT ME RIGHT AFTER HER TO MY FUCK MY ASS I SHOULD HAVE KEPT THAT FUCKING CHARM AND IGNORED THE BELL FUCK THIS SHIT

Attached: BOGS BONNY.gif (420x464, 253K)

i got that key yeah, gotta find the gun fort now

When I got to Owl 2 without KC and with Bell Demon it was satisfying as fuck though. That boss is Smokin Sick Style levels of fun once you can parry efficiently. Learning the patterns and parrying perfectly feels so good.

God, corrupted monk is the shittiest boss. Really makes you want to close the game

What to do about Isshin? Two hits and I'm dead

git gud

Attached: 1465582511259.jpg (250x201, 8K)

Just a grind.