Dominions is the greatest strategy game series

Attached: 8uKvOlG.png (1024x576, 912K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JJ3f9iAUK1Q
illwinter.com/dom5/docs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dxlMFsw1OfY
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/28362785/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too bad I'm too much of a brainlet to get into it.

It has low players on steam which means it's bad

epic

Never heard of it, but I disagree with you on principle

Nope. Total Annihilation-Supreme Commander-Planetary Annihilation are best. Because they are fun. This field wargame is too stodgy, like a stale biscuit. Bet it takes all day.

>Planetary Annihilation

Attached: 1526379239514.png (190x266, 5K)

Ah it's you again, the eternal hater of PA. Don't forget if you own the original you can get Titans at permanent 90% discount, thanks to the new owners. Small price to pay for the best current, most funnest multiplayer RTS available today. See you on the ladder.

Fact. Nobody plays it on twitch too. Shit Game for faget babby incels

Most of Yea Forums can't even figure out DF, you want them to try their hands at Dominions?

Looks fun. Sell me on it.

Attached: Art.webm (1024x576, 1.66M)

Incredibly autistic wargame played via email on 24h (or longer) timers in games ranging from 2 to 100 players with a few thousand different units over dozens of nations with hundreds of different mechanics leading to an incredibly deep and autistic game that people have played for thousands of hours and still can barely call themselves good or knowledgeable at it.

Sounds like combat mission except the 100 players part, thanks, user.

Attached: hind_blue_on_blue.webm (1920x1080, 2.26M)

I've been feeling like giving it a try for a while now, but the price for the latest installment of the franchise always feels like not quite worth it to me, and only the older editions seem to ever go on sale.

Take most known mythos and religions, give them avatars, and shove them all into a single somewhat basic on the surface (but actually autistically deep) game with the winning avatar ascending to godhood.

Also, you don't control battles, instead doing all the planning and combat scripts beforehand.

That stuff got MP?

yep

Its god tier amazing but I am so retarded I cant into winning anything

Its also amazing that this game is basically two guys passion project which they did in their spare time considering its insane deep

I just want to point out you can easily play against AI

And you will lose horribly because the AI can actually grasp complex ideas and you cant and you will die horribly and have no idea why but still enjoy it

>pick up new game
>go to youtube
>average introduction video is 5 to 10 minutes
>pick up any version of Dominions
>go to youtube
>average introduction video is a 40 to 120 minute presentation on basic mechanics, with a link to 300+ page instruction manuals
I heard the guys at NASA use this game as a filter for plebs who are not smart enough for rocket science, because if you can play this game will you can launch a rocket into space like its cake.

>I heard the guys at NASA use this game as a filter for plebs who are not smart enough for rocket science, because if you can play this game will you can launch a rocket into space like its cake.

Attached: 1409695886807.jpg (720x439, 47K)

Only about 50 pages of the manual are actually relevant to mechanics and learning, the rest is just info on nations and fluff. I suggest you read those, then just jump in, as long as you can deal with getting your face bashed in a few times.

Using your god as brute or just doing sacred units is easy and works pretty good vs AI. Now in MP players will just murder you for trying to just boss around with your god.

>with a link to 300+ page instruction manuals
that manual is kinda important. blog inc
>friend gets me to buy dominions
>he's gonna set up a game with a bunch of his other buddies
>tells me to read the manual
>spend a few days skimming the important stuff
>Dominion stat seems pretty important
>create a character that's loaded the fuck up on Dominion
>a week later
>just me and one guy left
>ive conquered most of the map
>last guy is holed up in a corner
>i cant breach his defenses
>next turn
>he just suddenly loses
>no idea what the fuck happened
>he didnt read the manual
my dominion was so strong it spread deep into his territory and suddenly no one believed in his pretender anymore. i think if we started closer together he would have won. his military might was a lot stronger than mine but i kinda had an industrial war machine going on.

It's fun but the campaign map needs some real work, it's hot garbage

Boring n too lazy to set every single mage to do smth n give them gems

This is my fav Dominions screenshot I've taken. This was in a multiplayer game. I was back stabbed and lost almost immediately after this but it was worth it.

Attached: PANIC.jpg (1286x952, 174K)

>campaign
What?

how is the dom5 group going? is it fun/balanced/alive? is malakal still diplostomping noobs?

i bought dom5 then i didn't play it because my pc couldn't run it, now that i have a non toaster i don't care about it anymore since i have 2 decades of 3d games to play, but maybe i could get back to it.

>you can launch a rocket into space like its cake
I'm no rocket scientist, but I think launching a cake into space is a bit harder than doing the same with a rocket

/domg/ is still hosting games but the steam group is mostly dead.
Discord killed the steam group.

Late Ermor Best Ermor

whatever you call it, the view outside of battles. it's shit

Do you like this map dude?

Attached: floatingarchipelago.jpg (2048x1210, 747K)

>
Well what's the fucking name then?

>floating island
>with caves underneath
>and cross-island waterfalls

i understand all it takes is just one drawn picture, but are other games even trying?

Isnt it just like a slighty different homm?

For me, it's the Goat Sun

Attached: goatsun.jpg (264x273, 14K)

Is first game any good? Seems like its only game in series I can pirate.

Uwotm8? All of the games are pirateable. They even work in multiplayer if the version is the same.

whats the best one?

There are custom maps, you don't have to play on the ones the game generates.

I thought that 4 and 5 has some ID shit that allows developers ban people who share it

>Pirating Dominions
>Made by 2 turbonerds from Sweden, one of them a teacher no less
>Their passion project as well

For shame.

In HoMM, a unit represents the amount of units. 437 spearman is just 1 spearman but with 437 times the stats.

In Dominions, 437 spearmen is 437 spearmen with individual stats. You can have battles upwards 10 000 units and more.

I'll pirate this game, and wait for it on gog.
But i might really enjoy it.

I don't have steam

It may be the greatest series but pic related is best individual strategy game of all time

Attached: alpha centauri.jpg (220x278, 14K)

it has no DRM, if you buy it on steam then uninstall steam you can run it freely
They might also have keys for it on their website but I don't remember

The game runs like shit and the gameplay is extremely repetitive.

Yes but battles are rng, you dont control anything. Kind of like in paradox games. I think u can set up some magic but its still not much.

>still no decent remake
I'm still waiting.

that would require me to make an account, download everything, etc etc etc.

I'll check their site tho. I really like helping little developers

It's in the post, user. Combat Mission

At least single player is possible; I haven't tried multiplayer so I can't comment on that. I've played pirated versions of 3-5 without issues.

youtube.com/watch?v=JJ3f9iAUK1Q
Cozy soundtrack desu

>Game runs like shit
Excuse me Mr. Tomber but is your PC from the 80's?

I want to into it, I bought the latest one. It's pretty intimidating though, I have no idea what I'm doing

Im russian and poor, also dont have steam

Just go for it man. Literally everybody gets wrecked at first but once you get past the initial hump a whole world of mythological autism will open up to you.

Attached: flipperdog.jpg (138x213, 4K)

Since there seems to be some interest in this game from people who haven't played it, how about we do a little playthrough? First reply to this post picks a nation from this list which we'll play. From left to right, we've got the nations of the Early, Middle, and Late Ages.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1150x743, 290K)

R'lyeh, obviously.

This but LA

will try to bump. I want to understand

Ah, of course. Not exactly a standard nation, but still uses regular recruitment mechanics. Here's the nation screen, which is a lore blurb, a brief mechanical description of your nation, and allows you to view units you can recruit(this does not include summoned units or freespawn).

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1202x932, 353K)

i wish it would look like this

Next, we'll want to choose the shape of our pretender god. We are playing as a pretender to the throne of the heavens; if either our nation or our religion holds no sway over the world, we lose.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (991x517, 108K)

I found Dominions a lot easier to get into than DF

Snek, of course

>Battles are RNG
You underestimate how important magic and unit positioning is. A player with a good magic setup will win every time over someone who doesn't script their mages.

shoulda picked jellyfish

A jellyfish is fine too

Uttervast

Well, it seems like more people want jellyfish, and I didn't explicitly say the first reply would get to pick, so we'll go with that one.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (731x639, 154K)

Games a time vampire.
Also Bitch mother pretender.

SMAC, Master of Orion 2 and Master of Magic are my favourite strategies.

Shame there haven't been any good successors.

There's a lot of strategy in pretender creation, but I'll gloss over it and just put something together that looks okay-ish. I don't have much experience with R'lyeh, but this is just a short showcase versus the AI.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (586x774, 153K)

Horde of Skeletons

Attached: 12k.jpg (1346x722, 381K)

How is this game in single player? Is the ai competent?

Yes, more competent than the average player actually

Firestorm

AI can't compare to the bullshit an actual human can do, but it's good enough to learn the ropes a bit.

Attached: 1466971137544.gif (206x176, 370K)

I didn't let you guys pick a name though, I decided to do that myself. Picking names is the most important part of pretender creation; nobody will respect a pretender with a lame name. This only matters in multiplayer, mind you.

It's very dumb but aggressive enough to be a challenge nevertheless, especially with bonuses.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (203x111, 7K)

You set up general commands and positions for each group of units, and individually specify the first 5 turns for all commander units on top of that.
You have tons of control.

BABA
IS
JELLY

Is titans actually good though? The OG PA left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's not the AI that'll give you trouble, annoying shit like Ermor passively cleaning regions from population(income) and Cthun nation permanently debuffing all your generals, sages and your own god included, and behold a spell of rapid aging. There are a lot of way for messing with other players nations. Spooky spy ghosts.

It's pretty neat and I love the nation and unit variety, but it's just a bit too micromanagement intensive and I get worn out on it.
I imagine online it's much more enjoyable but I'd no doubt get absolutely shat on.

Dominions problem is that its singeplayer is shit and multiplayer is a bore to play unless you are a NEET that can play blitzes all day

So here we are. We've got an army commander, some soldiers, and a scout. Plus of course BABA is JELLY is GOD. I'm playing on Valanis, a vintage map from Dom4. Not the best for an oceanic nation, but it's pretty. The standard move on the first turn is to just recruit some dudes and end the turn, because we don't know what's around us yet.

Also if you want me to rename some commanders after you, I can.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1202x932, 289K)

does PA still only have like 300 players on Steam? I thought about buying Titans a few months ago but fuck all people still play it

Squidward is a must-have name for one of the commanders.

BABA IS GOD

what are the differences between 4 and 5? I got 4 and enjoy it but is it really worth upgrading to 5? Caelum 4 lyfe

Can we name our prophet Howard Phillips?

5 changes how unit blesses work and adds 4 or 5 new nations. It's worth the upgrade

I should also mention that our goal here is not extermination of all others, but to claim enough thrones of ascension to become the new Pantokrator. We need seven points, there's a total of twelve points' worth of thrones in play, so we need a simple majority of throne points. Each throne also provides some benefit in addition to that, too.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (507x355, 53K)

You just have to join a game and try, that's how everybody learns. I'm on my fifth+ game and while I'm not winning, it's still fun to actually interact with other nations/players beyond just war and micro.

Attached: 1514048035537.jpg (619x754, 49K)

was downloading this from IGG a good idea?

as good as any idea

Dominions is not the kind of game where people will get mad at you for being shit. 90% of all online games are free for all and the community is very noob friendly. You will almost certainly lose but you can learn a lot quickly by seeing how your neighbors beat you. I started in dom5 and it only took me about 3 multiplayer games before I was being competitive. My last game I even came very close to winning.

Turn two, it's time to start expanding. BABA is MOVE, I don't know if it'll do well but here's hoping.

Sorry, I already went with declaring Squidward our prophet. On the plus side, he'll probably die eventually.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1202x932, 325K)

I have played 100 hours of this in SP and maybe watched 150 more hours on jewtube, I want to join a MP game but I don't know where to look for one. Also what's your favorite faction, mine is MA Marignon.

also online play is as anonymous as you let it be because it's all done through a third party site, so it's not like you can even build a reputation of being a retarded shitter unless you go out of your way to tell people

Dominions could be good if they make a real AI and a proper campaign. I tried playing it as PBEM with some nerds but it wasn't much fun.

Either check the /domg/ thread on /vg/ or find your way to the Dominions or Clockwork Hounds discord groups. I think /domg/ has the links.

My fav nation is either EA Therodos or MA Phlegra

>Caelum 4 lyfe
as long as it's led by glorious airyas and no raptors are allowed

>Also what's your favorite faction,
MA Pythium. I love those gimmicky communion slave troops

Well crud, looks like BABA is RUN AWAY and WOUNDED.

Looking through the replay, the reason is simple. BABA is INNATE SPELLCASTER, which means it can move and cast spells at the same time(or, if it's immobile, cast despite being unable to move). So when I instructed BABA to sit still and fire off its mind blast, it did that, but it also cast spells at the same time. And because we've got no research, those spells were shitty ones that didn't help at all, and only inflicted fatigue on BABA. Fatigue is really important in Dominions combat, by the way, so a tired-out BABA kept taking critical hits that its high HP pool and area-of-effect life drain attack just couldn't compensate for.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1202x932, 177K)

Chest wound? Where is its chest?

Are wounds permanent? Also is Baba basically useless in battle until we get more spells? Does he have regular attacks?

MA Pyth is also a great one. Velites are stupidly good for expansion parties and thunder strike communions are great. I just wish the hydras were worth a damn.

>expanding with that pretender
Oh shit negro what are you doing?

>Planetary Annihilation
It was shit on release and updates were slow. Unless it improved significantly since then, it doesn't belong in the same list as TA and Supcom.

>Are wounds permanent?
yes unless you get a commander or item with wound healer

Theres literally a treasure chest lodged in poor BABA's jellylike interior.

curses, horror marks, diseases, aging and wounds are perm, its why if you have a favorite front line general do not get too attached to them.

>burden of time
>dispel
>burden of time
>dispel
>burden of time
>ded

just kill Ermor lol

Alright, here's some more stuff you guys to chew on. Squidward's been successfully conquering new lands, but his army has been thinned out so he's heading home.

Chtogul is about the enter the Void Gate at the heart of R'lyeh to try and summon something.

That Shuddu guy with the red background is a mad cultist. LA R'lyeh gets loads of free troops and some free commanders too; however, they're all madmen and not very useful as anything but fodder. Also they consume supplies and require a nominal gold upkeep, which is painful when they keep appearing.

Incidentally, have you noticed that R'lyeh's population was 29980 on turn one, and now it's 28520? Madmen aren't productive citizens, so they don't count towards the population of a province. And the population of a province determines how much tax it pays and how many supplies and resources it provides.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1202x932, 335K)

how much does a game last?

A singleplayer game? A few hours at least.

A multiplayer game? Unless it's a blitz, you're gonna be playing for months, taking one turn a day.

It isn't though, it's just a good battle simulator

months? color me impressed. It reminds me of old medieval 2 total wars multiplayer with hotseats and mailing savegames

i like master of magic more

post THAT ermor battle image. you know, the one.

Whups, looks like Squidward just got mulched by a bunch of tritons.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (624x525, 73K)

Attached: happy little utterdarks.png (1200x675, 742K)

On the plus side, we've managed to summon two of these guys.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (729x359, 79K)

Is Mind Blast still spammy as previous games?

Attached: 1554001114047.gif (480x270, 494K)

The last game I was in lasted 3-4 months over 103 turns.

whis I didn't have a job

How long does it take to choose all your actions for a single turn? Is it just a habit of players playing just one turn a day?

Always found those games fucking boring to be honest. Not strategic enough to justify the slow speed, too slow to really take advantage of the real time factor.

Dominions is better if you want pure strategy, Starcraft is better if you want real time.

>Starcraft is better if you want real time
only retarded gooks like starcraft

I won my first game against the AI by playing the skeleton faction and making lots of skeletons

Too fast for you, grandpa?

>all day

Attached: 2 year stale strat.png (669x173, 9K)

All the early game turns can be done in less than 5 mins. Once you get to about turn 30-40 most your turns can be done in less than 15 mins.Late game turns take maybe 20-30 mins though you could spend longer on them depending how autistic you are. Occasionally if you are in a big war you will get more complicated turns that can take up to an hour. Most admins will change the turn timer to 48 hours once turns start getting longer in the mid to late game.

did he played one game of dominions for years?

If you pirate it you can't play with other people using the same copybut you won't get banned.

5 has real time combat and you can customize what your bless does.

What do all those icons in the middle represent?

they're traits the unit has
>sacred
>slash, crush and pierce resistance
>fire resistance
>poison resistance
>magical being
>need not eat
>mindless
>magical vision(?)
>low light vision(?)
>don't know the last one off hand

There are a lot of ways to heal wounds but certain nations have easier ways to get to them than others.

Usually it's 1 turn per day so as long as you have 20 minutes to an hour of free time per day you can play it easily. It's actually really nice if you are a busy gamer.

What's the most beginner friendly nation

I like wargames over dominions but its still good

The last one is void sanity, I think.
Makes the unit less likely to go insane if you send it into a void gate. I think R'yleh units are pretty much the only ones that have that trait.

ma ulm and most land nations in LA/MA. The general trend is EA is about powerful magic and magical beings with weak armor and weapons, MA is a mix between better forging and metalwork with the occasional magical being, LA is less magic and more armored shit.

MA Ermor is the easiest nation to play but it's shit in multiplayer and teaches you bad habits unless you know what you're doing. MA Ulm is good for learning

>Sacred - unit can be blessed with powers determined by your god
>Regeneration - unit gets a percentage of their health back each turn
>Amphibious - unit can go underwater without penalties
>Slash/blunt/pierce resistance - unit takes half damage from physical attacks
>Fire resistance - unit subtracts a number from fire damage
>Poison resistance - unit subtracts a number from poison damage
>Magical Being - unit needs to be lead by a mage and is vulnerable to certain spells
>Needs not eat - unit cannot starve
>Mindless - unit is unaffected by spells that affect the mind. I believe that when combined with Magic Being this also makes them die if the mage controlling them is killed.
>Blind - unit is unaffected by darkness and spells that affect sight
>Spirit Sight - unit can see invisible units
>Void Sanity - unit won't go insane and can navigate the void more easily if they ever end up there

I learned with MA C'tis. Their gameplan is pretty straight forward. Research enchantment lvl 5 and then you spam poison and skeletons at your enemies and outlast them in fights.
You can learn with almost any nations pretty easily though. ONly ones you should avoid are population killing nations like the previously mentioned MA Ermor, or heavy blood nations. Save learning blood magic for later.

I wish dominions adds in the extra realm like in CoE. being able to walk off the edge of the world and end up the void or dig so deep you end up in hell was really cool.

What the fuck? This game looks rad as hell but, it's so expensive what the fuck!

Attached: 1535258621308.png (295x300, 99K)

its absolutely busted in multiplayer, the only thing that keeps it balanced is that everyone absolutely hates it and will try to eradicate it asap

Still beginner here and fucked with a fair amount of nations. EA and MA Ulm aren't complex and MA Ulm is strong and fun to play. LA Ulm requires a hard turn into blood early-mid to be decent so a ton of micromanaging relative to most nations
MA Pangaea was the first moderate success I had online.
Ctis is simple and a fun way to learn the game a bit offline. Shit skeletons onto the field, revive your mages as skeleton spamming skeleton mages, assassinate enemy commanders by shitting skeletons on them, long battle? No worries. Turn the battlefield into a swamp and cover the entire battlefield in poisonous gas while your other mages are shitting skeletons, you're poison resistant and have swamp survival so it's all good. Their basic strategy is simple and obnoxious and all in enchantment

just pirate it la. Will give you experience in the game and you can always buy the inevitable dominions 6.

This, I was listening to a few turns of someone playing MA Erma because this game was interesting, and I smelt the QUALITY BALANCE. Undead races are usually a bit OP in terms of strategy games (see Heroes of Might and Magic 3).

Pirate it first if you wanna try it out. If you like it enough to want to play multiplayer you can buy it later. It does go on sale sometimes too but not by a huge amount.

we got mages that can do it but yea not us. Might be a neat way to add more to a map like HOMM's underground

Behold! The sexiest unit Dominions has to offer!

Attached: sexykullulu.jpg (156x128, 2K)

Welcome to niche autism games.

I wanna get into this, which one should I play? Shock Force 2, or Black Sea?

Ur and early age Ermor are pretty good for learning the ropes.Pythium and Tien Chi are pretty good for learning things in the middle age. I barely play late age, but Pan is very solid there. Also, none of those nations teach bad habits like middle age Ulm does. But ultimately just pick whatever looks cool to start out with.

MA Ulm is easy but it teaches bad habits. I would suggest MA Marignon, MA Pythium, or MA Arcoscephale as they are mostly straightforward.

Attached: 20181007212948_1.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

bump

The spice must flow

god I love those stupid things
what were the devs thinking

tips on theorodos pretender? haven't played them.

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2019.04.07 - 13.41.57.49.png (1920x1080, 3.84M)

Tank everything to -3 except luck and magic scales. Put luck at +3 and magic as high as you want. Get a nice high dom score for more freespawn. Probably at least 7.
Everything past that is up to you. Have fun with the ghosties

Attached: theroarewedead.png (744x526, 200K)

>popkill dominion
>water nation
>meliai are nice at least
go for cancer dom and a strong bless, and try to get a coastal fort fast because otherwise you'll be stuck playing a nerfed LA Sceleria, which is itself basically MA Ermor but reliant on its units being ethereal

>the AI can grasp complex ideas
And then I cast Utterdark and steamroll.

Attached: 1d7.jpg (1424x842, 370K)

>mp only
Into the trash.

thanks for reminding me that utterdark is a thing that exists, and which i forgot to make room for on my pretender.
should i even bother if it's already got access to mother oak, fire helmets, and winged helmets?

It's basically gg if you're undead and horded a crapton of death gems. At least for me, but I rarely get to that point because everyone gang bangs me if I pick Ermor.

finally have an excuse to post my favorite Dominions units.

Attached: imaginecomedy.png (618x564, 382K)

Attached: transcendcomedy.png (622x613, 422K)

Attached: Sublimecomedy.png (814x851, 1.24M)

I actually play Yomi, but my current pretender for them is more about beefing up its air and nature access than dropping utterdark.
Is buffing up a dai oni or a lich to drop utterdark a viable option, or is it one of those spells you just have to build your pretender for to make feasible?

>heroic obesity

Attached: dominions 5 snipe.gif (580x416, 336K)

should have played around it :^)

so this game is not combat-oriented?

It's completely combat oriented. There's very little if any empire building and economy.

It is combat-oriented, it's just that sometimes that combat ends with your commanders getting sniped

Pick the nation with your favorite mythology/aesthetics and get good at it.

Reminded me of this webm

Attached: critical success.webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

does it exist a dominons game based on economy?

holy shit what the fuck do I do with all these ghosts. It's a fucking ethereal tide and I've already conquered 3 thrones. What do I do for the mid-game though?

this

Both Dominions and COE4 are really great. I should play more Dom 5, I barely touched it but it was as fun as ever.

Attached: coe4smol.webm (700x230, 1.73M)

And Dom.

Attached: old2.webm (1400x786, 2.38M)

any waifus this game

Attached: 1499525998260.png (712x1012, 332K)

Why is Valanis so kino lads

CoE4 annoys me with how much stuff there is in it, but it's all really tedious to get to

can fugg her

I hate how fucking slow the start is for CoE4. You start with jack shit and a roaming army will just annihilate you with nothing you can do so you have to be very conservative and cautious until you get enough income to start pumping out units

lots of godfus, an entire nation ruled by waifus in the early age, pan can generate feral naked waifus to join your army, young virgin women are currency

Sounds like you are real bad at the game. Just leave a few archers at home, your stronghold has walls.

it's just at 15 in allkeyshop

If i remember right they have some problems with assassins. Some sacred builds also can hit them hard especially in the beginning. But they are absolutely insane if you allow them to grow.

Just off the top of my head
>mother of monsters for impreg
>earth mother is dangerously THICC
>delicious brown as both random spawns and top-tier berytos mages
>Teteo Inan
>can literally summon succubi

MA ermor only gets bad if they don't get ganged up on or rushed.
longdeads also die pretty easily to spammed banishment, especially if it comes from higher-level priests

Which one should I play first if I have never played any of the Dominions before?

5. There's no story and for the most part each new game builds directly on the old one, so there's no reason to not jump directly into the newest one

I didn't play for a long time but I remember that in early game sacred tuatha and their kin are pretty much brutal with dodge and fatigue regen. They go through most units easily and can even stand up to giants and the like due to ridiculous dodge.

Soo how is the MP?

brb reading 300+ pages of manual.

And I though Dwarf fortress was the most complex game

most of the manual is fluff and the devs talking about the dev process. Only around half of it is relevant to actually playing

Glamour elves in general are fucking obnoxious to fight if you're actually swinging against their glamour in melee.
Thankfully, there's a good number of ways to remove the glamour without rolling against it, but none of them are readily available when you're getting bum-rushed by a big bless glamour elf strategy.

Attached: 1404612625717.jpg (468x548, 53K)

>>Teteo Inan
>waifu
yes________

CUBE'D
Voice of El is pretty fun with mass conversion. How should I handle the seals? boost divine favor first for more bonuses or just rush the seals

fug forgot pic

Attached: labyrinth.jpg (660x511, 69K)

Can't you spam slingers to break their glamour.

>hurr durr le waifus xD
dont taint this game with your ironic weeb faggotry thanks

based

I want to learn this game because I love steamrolling with huge amounts of skeletons in games. Only problem is this makes no sense to me and I dont know what I'm doing, even when I'm trying to find the function on my own. The most I can accomplish is moving units and that's it

Just do the tutorial. It's a combination in-game and manual tutorial that takes like an hour.

The whole "300 pages manual!" thing is bullshit, it's more like an almanac with tables for every spell and shit. The only truly vital parts of the manual are the tutorial and the hotkey tables.

Attached: 20170723081028_1.jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

lucidtactics and generalconfusion have some videos you can check out on jewtube, one of them has an ermor video and lucid has a scelaria video and you can kind of see what they're doing and play along

fuck, is there a tutorial?

The big things to learn are scripting, spell effects, and strategizing based on your spell access/unit roster.

Well fuck. I was going to say there is but apparently they changed that from 4 to 5. Now there's video guides.

illwinter.com/dom5/docs.html

I would have thought a playable tutorial is better but I guess there were too many brainlets complaining that Dominions 4 didn't have one even when it clearly did.

based

>illwinter.com/dom5/docs.html

I like how they seems to care about players understanding the game.
However, a more tangible help (with a tutorial) would be even more appreciated

Centaurides are female centaurs. They are beautiful even where they are horses.

OH SHIT WHAT THE FUCK I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS THE LITERAL APOCALYPSE WHAT THE FUCK EL. So what happens if the seventh seal is broken? asking for a friend

Attached: war.jpg (977x992, 270K)

Fun

>using heretical blesses or magic on your pretender

i shiggy diggy

Attached: 2019-04-07.png (1920x1080, 2.58M)

youtube.com/watch?v=dxlMFsw1OfY

Attached: the book.jpg (1050x839, 84K)

whelp today Yea Forums wasn't worthless.

Thank You OP and guys in there, You made me found a game I didn't know and I might enjoy.

Cheers

>So what happens if the seventh seal is broken? asking for a friend

And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer [it] with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, [which came] with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast [it] into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

How good are the archangel and seraph summons for Marignon in Dominions? They're pretty good in CoE since they're free but in dominions you would have to summon them yourself and use gems, are they worth the investment?

Attached: seraph.jpg (842x943, 265K)

holy fuck, posting in the annual Dominions thread
MA Ermor best skeletons in all of vidyadom

>game for busy people
Guess

>>>>>>>ironic

magiclet cope

can't be that bad right la?

Attached: seventh seal.jpg (1920x1014, 429K)

>send out a message as Ermor that you're doing anything for death gems
>amass stockpile of one gorillion gems
>cast BoT with minimum gem investment
>everyone blows all of their pearls to dispel it
>cast BoT and go all in with death gems
>by the time anyone can dispel it you've got enough deaths to do it again
the best

Attached: 1553320173707.gif (846x1046, 168K)

I'm not sure if the economy changed much in Dom5 since it's been a while since I played it, but they were somewhat worth getting a few for their casting and tough chassis. By the time you get them, there's going to be many, many ways to kill them, so you have to be careful to make your investment back.

So it's worth to play it only for singleplayer?

it's pretty fun to dick around with but MP is the real game

They're fliers with iirc air and astral, and have awe, so they're pretty good, just try to avoid sending them into an anti-thug setup because they can still get kill if you're not careful

It is. The AI is not very clever but messing around and reading all the unit/spell lore is still fun. That said, Conquest of Elysium 4 is more geared for single player.

It's more of a dom4 thing, but look up Drama Mama if you want more skeletons

And how is the MP like somebody start a match and then people join or there's a big server or what

Doesn't compare in the slightest to Earth Mother aka Filia.jpg

play by email through a website called llamaserver, or locally hosted blitzes. /vg/ organizes a lot of games

really?

Get friends and share the host's IP

where are my graviteam bros at

Attached: 20190403233546_1.jpg (2560x1440, 826K)

Void sanity. You can't go mad when madness is your reality.

>implying my friends are autistics to play this

do it! break the seventh seal!

>not having autistic friends

Attached: 1554178146102.gif (500x326, 1008K)

I bought it at some point but I never actually played it.

Attached: 1342533525787.png (200x200, 15K)

>no torrent for shock force 2 and i dont want to pay for the upgrade

kill me

>tfw too autistic to have friends

Attached: 1512523197362.jpg (640x480, 43K)

yes, throwing around the word waifu as if it means above average female is the number one symptom of ironic weebism

it's the ultimate conflict autism simulator

Attached: north africa.webm (864x486, 2.85M)

Braaaaap

i miss AC games so goddamn bad

Attached: Brigade assault.webm (480x270, 2.88M)

The joke is that there are people who think just like that.

>requires Steam to be played

hard pass

Interface is far too shitty for what it is. Assault Squad 2 is only a little shorter in simulation terms but infinitely more playable.

>is only a little shorter in simulation terms
sorry but this is completely false. AS2 is an arcadish game with small maps and simple mechanics (there's on morale in AS2 for example) even with mods. GT games are made from the ground up to be casual-filter conflict sims with complex micromanagement and real-life simulation of what fighting looks like in maps that are up to a thousand kilometres in size.

There's a world's difference from GT games and assault squad.

Attached: Saur Mogila.webm (864x486, 2.81M)

You don't need interface buttons to control shit like morale though. So again, the problem with those games is that the UI is garbage for what they are.

Is it hard to admit that you got filtered back to MOWAS's minimalist shitter-friendly UI?

Attached: 20190408012845_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.32M)

>sexiest unit Dominions
>Not lizardguy that causes females to egg spontaniously

Case in point, look at all that trash. In MoW if you want units to scatter, you press a single button. If you want units to move in a determined formation, you just group them. If you want to reverse, you simply click behind the vehicle.

Gravitism is not that much deeper. It only involves pressing 4 more buttons for every thing you want to do. It's like playing a fighting game using a whole piano.

not if you pirate it

Does someone have that one screencap about a blob that got super strong and just started eating everything in its way?
I remember it was from Dominions 3.

then no multiplayer

I don't have the screencap, but it was about an Eater of the Dead posted on /tg/

vastness are fun. I got like 6 of them now and they just rip and tear everything while my illithids just sit back mindblasting.

I bought 4, played it for 2 hours, then dropped it because I had no clue what was happening.

1. Read the manual on hotkeys, do the tutorial, learn at least some of the terms like what scales are, PD and the abbreviations for magic paths
2. Play nations that sound cool, there's no shame in looking up guides on how to play them with how front loaded this game is
3. Read lots of LPs and the like, even if they're for Dom 3 to learn about strategies and cheese you can employ
4. Experiment with strategies for the nations you enjoy playing, IE expanding early with an Awake pretender or getting big scales
5. Keep experimenting and learning, don't be afraid to test shit out and then quit games after a few turns (provided you're not dicking around in MP like that)

it opens a portal to hell and the whole world gets set on fire with demons spawning everywhere. on the plus side you can get ophans which can solo the horseman of the apocalypse so I just turtled in my temple and let the angels and demons fight each other and the other players and kill them

>suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/28362785/

It's been six years

Wait a second
This is not an RTS
This might be the game I'm looking for

If you're playing PE MA Ulm you should take the iron giant with fortitude. Turn 1 you can forge blacksteel plate and then he is practically invincible in his own dominion.

Attached: 1550964912143.jpg (285x287, 10K)

>22k kills
I miss dom3 SCs.

THICC

Embrace the autism of one turn per day (probably more in sp)

Or he could blitz, nothing like 6 hours straight of TURNS

Embrace bone grinding, it shall lead you to the promised land.

Unironically based

I love the idea of huge, varied armies battling, but can't micromanage for shit
I had a terrible time playing total warhammer
I'm trying the dom3 tutorial and I love it already

Fucking Minesweeper has better graphics than this shit.

One major thing dom5 has over 3 and 4 is realtime battles, you still give the orders then hit end turn just instead of one side acting then the other in battle they all move and fight at once

Shock Force with the NATO DLC was superior in my humble opinion, but Fortress Italy is my personal favorite out of all the new CMs

nice
Does it go on sale often? It might be a tad too much for my third world ass

Say that to my foot and not online

Attached: BigTriskelion2.gif (128x128, 12K)

Usually most major steam sales, was off last Christmas and the summer one before that unless I'm misremembering

It would be good if there wasn't so much micromanagement needed late game and it had decent AI

All of the Combat Mission games play exactly the same. There aren't any new features between the different titles, just get the one setting you like more

Attached: russian 'tactics'.webm (1000x460, 2.42M)

Just go big or go home, don't let the lategame be more than a clean up

t. retard who just found out CM exists and thinks it's amazing
hint: its actually fucking trash

My man. The Graviteam games are fucking awesome and on an entirely different level compared to any other wargame. As for the guy saying that MoW is on the same level, you just fucking know he dropped GT after 10 minutes because of the interface.

would be good if urban combat wasn't so retarded

This thread got me interested on it
Should I buy the latest one?

Each newer version is more like a massive update, so now there aren't many people playing 4, let alone an earlier version.
So yes, latest one if you're going for it, do recommend having a watch of some videos or look through a thread or two about it before buying.

check /domg/

buy 5. Each new game is basically an expansion on the last one

Is it less of a shitposting dive now? Was there from 2015-7 and it steadily went from solid community to inarticulate yelling.