How could anyone own a Nintendo console after the Gamecube or DS? All Nintendo pumps out is ports or remakes...

How could anyone own a Nintendo console after the Gamecube or DS? All Nintendo pumps out is ports or remakes. Their new games are shovelware with no mechanics, no content, no anything really...for full price. Third party games include shitty boring RPGs or puzzle games. Hardware ideas that are cool, like the Wii U, ended up to be nothing but a beta for the Switch, which is also a cool idea. But that is then hampered by having zero fucking games to play beyond said ports and fullpriced shovelware with no content, level design, anything. Can someone explain to a jaded person like me why you bought a Nintendo after 2005? I have played some of the new games, like Mario Kart 8, and it was a very good game, but I still think I had more fun with Double Dash or DS for example.

Attached: 1399454918371.jpg (357x432, 62K)

so what games do you like, OP?

I never bought one after GameCube because it became insanely retarded baby shit for utter retards.

I don't play to much now. When my friends are over, we like to setup the Gamecube and play some Mario Party, Mario Kart, Custom Robo, PSO. On my 360, I've been replaying Ninja Gaiden 2 and trying Ninja Gaiden 3 for the first time, it does suck. Rayman Origins and Legends were fantastic and I still hop into a Halo 3 or Call of Duty round. I've also got a bunch of XBLA games I bought but didn't get far into, so Marble Blast Ultra, Space Channel 5, The Dishwasher, Deathspanke etc but am now continuing. As for newer games, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Sonic Mania were great times. What are you expecting? Some console war shit? Lmao

That's how I see it. The Gamecube console and library has a cool mysterious vibe to it, as do the Xbox, PS2, and Dreamcast. I think this is best evidenced with the trophy music for Smash Melee. That was a wild generation.

I agree last great Nintendo console was GC and their last great handheld was the DS.

>owning a console at all this gen
If you do you're either underage or retarded.

Attached: 435346364.jpg (640x562, 32K)

>not being an idort
yikeroonies

I don't have any current consoles. The last modern console I have is the 360 and its still serving me well. I honestly probably will get the next Xbox though since they said it will continue to be BC with Xbox, 360, One games. I use my PC like that and it's nice to see a console embrace the same form of longevity and compatibility. It's not perfect, but its a huge step up.

>What are you expecting? Some console war shit? Lmao

> All Nintendo pumps out is ports or remakes. Their new games are shovelware with no mechanics, no content, no anything really
Kek my dude top lel no console warring here xDDD

Attached: 1554611476473.gif (1215x1452, 421K)

it sounds to me like you're just outgrowing games a whole

Why are you talking if you don't play anything anymore you fucking boomer

>yikeroonies

Attached: der zoomer.png (434x327, 32K)

luv u bby

>fullpriced shovelware with no content, level design, anything
Anyway, as long as Nintendo keeps making new Smash titles, they can sell me new consoles. Though Smash 3DS didn't make me buy a 3DS.

Attached: buzzwords.jpg (446x600, 154K)

I'm not pitting Nintendo against Sony or Microsoft. Nintendo fucking sucks ass on their own merits and would be bankrupt without owning Mario and Pikachu's face.

I'm not outgrowing. I'm enjoying new and old games alike from different genres on Gamecube, 360, PC, emulation. This thread is specifically on what is so special about Nintendo's same tired offering of the same 5-6 series, each with less content and yet becoming more expensive with each release.

>Nintendo sucks and would be bankrupt if they didn't make the thing they make

Nintendo games are designed for kids, you grew up and now don't enjoy them any more. The same way you don't watch kids tv shows any more, they are objectively shit designed for simple minded people aka infants.

This is why so many 'adult' nintendo fans watch anime and have a massive toy collection, they failed to grow up and are trapped clinging to the past.

Past a certain age, a man who still plays nintendo games can be a bad thing.

Attached: 1551629980562.jpg (650x399, 143K)

>ITT: my life is so depressing that I can't enjoy simple things anymore
Just end it already then. Nintendo is fantastic. Shit I pulled out my 30 year old SNES and played Super Mario World for the first time in awhile and it never gets old.

While BOTW and SMO, I agreed with OP. How the fuck are shit like ARMS, Kirby Star Allies, Labo, Pokemon LGPE, Super Mario Party, NSMBU Deluxe, and Yoshi Crafted World not shovelware-tier? They all have no business being priced at $60 when they are all shallow and casualized, short, once-and-done game.

Attached: 1505083167240.jpg (720x958, 51K)

That's true. Past a certain point, Nintendo's games are nothing but disappointments.
Try playing games meant for teenagers, . Even better, get into game development yourself.

Attached: 1564611416098.jpg (830x738, 255K)

heh

Attached: 1546904961274.jpg (236x393, 8K)

*While BOTW and SMO are great

They are called ninten yearolds for a reason, I doubt they had a choice in consoles when mommy bought it.

Attached: 1550117296668.jpg (500x671, 131K)

I like Sunshine but even I can;t admit that it's somehow less garbage than Odyssey.

>hating on the DS
>when it's widely considered to be the best handheld of all time, and the best system overall after the PS2
You have to be 18+ to be here, you know