2 more weeks

2 more weeks
Are you ready to build your antic empire?

Attached: RomeLobby.jpg (2000x1125, 411K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/will-there-be-anything-to-do-while-we-are-at-peace.1163136/
theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=6416lEDcLVc&t=810s&ab_channel=BlakesSanctum
youtube.com/watch?v=mNzf0l5AueI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can you form Byzantium?

Shouldn't Byzantium happen as a late game event for the Romans.

>another blobbing simulator

Attached: german diplomacy.jpg (678x450, 39K)

Why would it?

Because thats now Byzantium formed in real life. An emperor decided to split the empire in two.

What the fuck are you talking about
It never was a real split, taxes still went to Rome and Constantinople depending on period and which emperor made which city a capital

Byzantion exists as a city state in the start date(at where Constantinople would one day be founded), so you could just make it yourself.

>Anno 1800 and Rome released in april

I need more time

>Paradox mana accumulator game

No thanks

>No anno for switch
Suffering

More like 2 more years. That's how long it will take for the game to not be garbage through paid updates.

wow calm down lad, no need to be an autist lmao

>2 years
Damn preety optimistic

I play Master of Magic after Yea Forums thread and enjoy it immensely more than Paradox games.

Attached: Summon_Chimeras.png (326x208, 8K)

Remember to buy dlcs, goy

>Playing Paradox games at launch
>Playing Paradox games without mods
Haha wait for couple of years first

Why would you want to do that?

I want a game like this but set in the americas,

Let me build my Aztec empire

There literally nothing happened in america until 1200-1300
Just play eu4

couldn't you just mod your CK or EU for the time period

for whatever reason EU4 refuses to work on my pc, even though CK2 works with the exact same system requirements

I want tog et into grand strategy, interested in paradox games

where should I start? I much prefer europe/middle east

Wasn't sure what to make of those character portraits initially, but they are beginning to grow on me.

Can you play as the roman empire?

EU4

Play EU3, friend

Someone give me a tldr on what to do in EU4 to feel like what I do has any impact because no matter how many tutorials and wikis I watch and read I feel like everything just progressively goes to shit in every possible way no matter what my input is.

Attached: 1544094341375.gif (355x355, 811K)

I'm ready to skip yet another paradox game.

Dont try to conquer lands. Start as Portugal and try to survive. If you feel confident go to the new world if you have the technology

>I'm ready to skip yet another paradox game.
Don't lie user, I know you pre-ordered Stellaris.

My last mistake was EU4 cossacks.

how the fug do u well as serbia in eu4? I think I've tried everything incl vassalizing byzantium/expanding into georgia... but no matter what I do the ottomans eventually push my shit in.

It looks like a mixture of CK2 and EU4. I am not really sold out on it, honestly.

Thats a good idea, a shame 4 wont work tho, continuing ck2 saves in eu4 seemed cool

Start up a new game with the purpose of learning a single feature, repeat until you feel ready to start an actual game.
Or follow an early game tutorial to a more complicated nation like Austria. Copy everything step by step and the features will begin to make sense.

It will be worth playing after 10 content dlc and mods so in like couple years? Even hoi 4 is still too shit

>Tunis
>Naples
>the Levant
>all of Greece
How many fucking provinces are there on this map

Attached: for ants.jpg (1000x400, 70K)

Functionally is this supposed to pretty much be Crusader Kings III? I don't think it's wise for me to ever give money to Paradox again.

>that crete
Why?

They're cities, and they make up the actual provinces. There are tons, though

>I don't think it's wise for me to ever give money to Paradox again.
Just pirate everything unless you want to play multiplayer then buy the base game on sale and pirate the dlc.

It's probably closest to EU in gameplay, with characters from CK and an unfortunately simplified pop system from Victoria.

nope, I'm never ever getting into another grand strategy game

fuck waiting years for the game to be finished with DLC

No
It's eu rome 2, aka eu and ck mix with more eu

what mana types are there

I bet gold 100% will be in it, fucking every rts has this arbitrary mana style bullshit

>Anno for consoles

Wine, bread and circuses

I'm going to play as the based Frisians and I will remove the Roman invader

why is most of germany a wasteland with some random areas near the north sea filled?

>Playing Paradox games at launch
thats the best part, cuz after all the DLC you can compare how much shit has changed

"Uncolonised"

lazyness

still, that just feels weird, is there any historical reasoning for making germany uncolonized?
there were plenty of germanic tribes that were relevant to the time period living in those areas

What country will you play first ? I'm probably going to play some Celtic or Gaulish tribe first.

Maybe not enough history on them or Paradox just got lazy, who knows.

Macedon seems like a decent tutorial.

So they can sell you a DLC that implements the Germanic tribes half a year after launch

Because it was like that irl
Germans were just like mongols civilization hating monsters who wanted to destroy everything good back then
All relevant "germanic" tribes lived in fucking france in that time period, others became relevant long after AD 1

How do I memorize history so I can actually play these games in a manner that isn't me generically grabbing whatever land I can get

They could sell it anyway, but just mechanics for them

>same area as ck2
>smaller map than ck2
>smaller time period than ck2
>less character simulation than ck2
Why would I want to play this

Attached: 1548378404717.jpg (500x666, 45K)

no they didn't, and at least we know more about them from things like Caesars exploits across the Rhine than we do of whatever was happening at Scandinavia

seriously friggin' Norway gets tribes but the Frisians aren't in?

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/will-there-be-anything-to-do-while-we-are-at-peace.1163136/
>those dev comments
it's gonna be shit isn't it

Didn't german tribes move around a lot in their early years? Perhaps why they don't consider many places to be actual settled territories. That or Paradox can't be bothered

They even included a mechanic for that, migratory tribes are playable, I have no clue why Germany is barren.

>smaller time period
How long will it last?

>no they didn't, and at least we know more about them from things like Caesars exploits across the Rhine
Not really
>but the Frisians aren't in?
Why would they be in that time period when they are first mentioned in literally 12bc? Without from where they came

there were some tribes that barely migrated though, Frisians were a convenient example of that

Oh yes, Paradox grand strategy focus on war but combat sucks at the same time. It's shit.

~300 years

>Why would they be in that time period when they are first mentioned in literally 12bc? Without from where they came
the Angles were first mentioned by TACITUS and they're still in
Frisians have mentions up to 70BC

There were two emperors in the late roman empire.
One in rome and one in constantinople you fucking novice.

Because unlike frisians who migrated from fucking slavland or another shithole in 100-150bc, angles were cucks who lived in one place as archaeology proves

or you know, paradox spending their usual larger than average amount of attention on scandinavia regardless of how relevant the area was at that time
I'm frankly surprised they din't include a populated Iceland

>roman republic is led by a single consul that gets reelected every 5 years
yeah its gonna suck isnt it

Without a doubt

After administration was divided in literally almost 400 ad eastern empereor still had right and used it to appoint ruler of western part
And then western part got fucked because of germanic niggers
Dlc mechanic more likely

Johan said that they wouldn't add accurate Roman governance in, and if they did, it would be a free update, since they feel that it doesn't work from a gameplay standpoint. Of course, they could be lying since they're massive kikes, but that's what they said.

that's always hilarious
>we're going to make a game about rome
>but actually playing as rome is to hard

>we're going to make a game about rome
They never said that, they specially said at announcement that game is about antic period, and greeks with macedonian successors would have them most detailed mechanics
Rome in the name only because rome sells

Illyrian culture is probably not going to be in the game

No one cares about proto slavs

>butthurt anglos everywhere

Based his incel

Yes you can create the Roman Empire and then lose the western half

the base mechanics of those games would simulate the era pretty poorly.
You'd have to mod them to point where you might as well make a new game.

>Lugia

In Eu4 you play as your nation, rulers come and go and they give their modifiers to you as you play.
In Ck2 you play as a character, and when he dies you play as his dynastic heir.
Both have decent stuff to do in europe and the middle east.

I guess scotland or some tibetian shithole will be most safe starts?

The Tibetan shitholes have the biggest empire in the game to the south of them.

Smaller map but there are more counties.

Imagine the late game lag.

>the base mechanics of those games would simulate the era pretty poorly.

When has that stopped them? These games barely scrape the surface of simulating a few specific Western European states and yet they expand the maps across the whole world.

It turns out people enjoy their gameplay. And at that point, there's no real need to modify the games to represent reality even in its most basic form.

>When has that stopped them?
When they made victoria, crusader kings, hearts of iron and now imperator.

You forgot Europa Universalis in the list.
None of the games really model anything from the era, especially once you leave Protestant Europe.

Don't worry goy, the 1000$ DLC's will fix that.

No I left it out because the question was about making a mod instead of a new game and EU came first.

Need to wait for anime mods to appear 1st.

>5000 holdings spread over the entirety of europe and hundreds of culture/religious groups
>10000 holdings spread over ⅓ of europe and exactly one culture/religion group
sounds fun

Attached: screamsinternally.gif (250x250, 1.22M)

Ah, sorry. That makes sense.
Still, stuff like Victoria or Crusader Kings weren't made to represent the period more accurately. They were made to show off a different style of game focused around another aspect of nation-states.

Like Nobunaga's Ambition and RTK. RTK created the character-driven gameplay that CK or M&B copied to various degrees, but it wasn't made because China was somehow more fitting for the style of gameplay than Japan. It was made because it worked well together as a game and putting it in a different place and time simply served to stop the two franchises from stepping on each other's toes.

Is it built for 64x systems?

>make a game with Rome in the title
>'because it will sell better' if you lie to your customer base about the actual focus of the game
>act surprised when people get shitty over Rome being shafted
Paradox on point as usual.

Attached: 1371585719757.jpg (200x227, 22K)

Are you ready for 50 DLCs and a game that will only seem somewhat complete in 5 years?

Migrating to the indus valley and making a comfy kingdom

Hey little off topic but there is another game in works that has some potential called Field of Glory: Empires.

I will play it at release, and enjoy every second of it

>Germans
>civilization hating monsters who wanted to destroy everything good back then

They still are

Good goy,never forget to pray to Johan every day

>one culture/religion group
What?

I know, but pol has a boner for them, and after gamergate shitfest pol owns this place

I honestly just wanted CK2 in ancient times. Fuck it.

Attached: 1417479027685.jpg (720x538, 90K)

my nigga

waiting for the chinese DLC.

So how will the AI stop us from blobbing in the mid-late game, it honestly looks fun for the first 50 years and after that we will be beating on OPM for the rest of the game.

Same thing that stopped them in first rome I guess?
This but unironically

Epirus or Rome

You, me and the rest of the world user. Paradox are retards. King and Fahreus are the only two vaguely competent people they have ever employed.

Well apparently ruler assassination spam is a thing, so they are repeating problems from release CK2.

What's the best one of these games for beginners? The idea seems cool, but there's so much going on that it seems a little intimidating.

>What's the best one of these games for beginners?
Probably ck2, it plays more like a vn rpg+rts

Ok but can i be irish?
Or those weird Albanians that lived near armenia?

>form Byzantium
brainlet lol.
LOL the stupidity never ends!

I’m guessing same reason why it’s hard to be Albania. They are core provinces that the AI is required to conquer. The best bet is to just conquer land in Central Europe and leave servshitia.

>protoslavs
>Illyrian

ck2 like the other guy said, or EU4. But ck2 is a way better game than EU4 so you should go with that one.

>no finland
dropped

Pirate EU4, for god sakes dont pay

>Roman
>blonde hair
LMAO nope. Romans and Greeks were and is inferior shitskins

this isnt stellaris

No, Paradox DLC plicy is shit, this game is gonna have $300+ DLC, no game is worth that much

There's more esoteric stuff in ck2, but I think it is easier. There's less sudden stuff that can feel like bullshit in eu4 so I think it's better to start with if the games seem intimidating.

Buy game, pirate DLC. That's how I roll with paradox games.

Meanwhile smelly Nordics and Northern Europeans lived in mudhuts killing and eating each other. I’m amazed how lucky northerners got with Christianity giving them discounted Roman civ that facilitated expansion to be world conquerors. But only after Mediterranean men set sailed around the world in the 1400 and 1500’s and conquered half of it. learn to sit down white boy.

MANA

theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm

Attached: 1485682848205.jpg (523x720, 154K)

France or ottomans for very easy mode, play conservatively and strike during opponents moment of weakness, build temples and workshops asap. Dont ever take loans unless you know what your doing, taking provinces with your main culture group should always be your first conquests, especially if they are weak (hence why ottomans and france are easy mode), always have the current military tech, mod the game once you think the game needs somthing

LMAO nice sources there, geocities blog

>WE WUZ EMPERORS N'SHIEET
Right on cue. And while you were sucking each other off nordic uberrace settled vinland and ensured all rulers of Europe were nordics, as is the natural order of things

>dude here's "game" it says it's a successor to Master of Magic! That game you're always harping about! Go play it!
>it's shit
>it's always shit
Fuck.

The sources are literally in the rightmost column of the table.

France isn't that easy. Taking the isles across the channel back can be a challenge since the illegal invaders called angloniggers love spamming ships

No thanks my EU4 doesnt need a new coat of paint, it's doing fine

I'm referring to the bibliography used, anyone with a slight racial knowledge knows the German "sources" were disproven long ago as making shit up.

>ensured
By bix nooding and destroying European civilization. Literal niggers. And Vinland got BTFO because nordics were incapable of farming.

In the first War with England you just take their Ireland province in the peace deal then take over all the Ireland opm's and use Scotland and Ireland as a staging ground.

A roman dog shouldn't be talking about destroying European culture, which was your nr 1 hobby. Keep your shitty Greek imports to yourself, you olive oiled stain

Oh fuck off
At least MoM got AoW2 as replacement
MoO is literally the only decent game in the 4x space turnbased while fans circlejerk on trash like endless garbage 2

>Pliny the Elder, Suetonius, Malalas
>German sources

I'm starting off with an MP game, im gonna play Senones

>only 1 consul elected every five years
>a timeline of only 400 years
>mana points
>leaving shit out to sell as DLC
Could this be worse than March of The Eagles?

Attached: 1554591435303.jpg (640x640, 85K)

Can you read? Did I say "Abbreviations"?

Hows your game anons? Mines hanging in there

Attached: Screenshot (24).png (1920x1080, 3.62M)

>At least MoM got AoW2 as replacement
It's kinda of weird how MoM became a replacement for AoW2 for me, I grew up with civ2, played various rts and tbs games going forward.
Only saw aow1 at a friends once, but then later I got aow2 and thought it was amazing, especially the concept. Two different friends told me about master of magic, I saw some videos and assumed it was gonna be okay, basically an old outdated AoW2. After I played it for the first time in I think 2011 it replaced AoW2 on my 3x3. AoW2-3 are good games, but they don't really measure up to it sadly.
AoW1 is also good, but not really the same type of game.

Downloaded this mod this weekend, but haven't tried it yet:
youtube.com/watch?v=6416lEDcLVc&t=810s&ab_channel=BlakesSanctum

Malalas more like μαλάkας

I feel pity for people who bought March of The Eagles and expected something. Glad I missed that shit.

Attached: 1554601897357.gif (350x400, 1008K)

>>a timeline of only 400 years
>>mana points
To be fair most of Paradox's games are basically over in the first 150.

I have 2 coop games going. In one of them I am oda japan, as the emperor of china. colonial wars covering all timezones in constant speed are quite micromanage heavy.

I also have 1 single player game where I'm doing something abusive that I haven't seen anyone else do so I dare not post about it, because then it might get nerfed.

No

>aow3
>good
Opinion discarded
>mana points
Name a game in genre that doesn't use arbitrary shit like gold
So tired of newfags complaining about weirdest shit

Didn't mean to grab >>mana points

>Name a game in genre that doesn't use arbitrary shit like gold
>So tired of newfags complaining about weirdest shit
Fuck off Johon.

Never post again.

mappainter.exe -theme "rome"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Attached: overworked-man-sleeping-at-his-desk-BMHR39.jpg (1300x956, 122K)

Yeah I would much rather play the 1337 new battle royale game

>Age of fucking Wonders 2
>even remotely similar to Master of Magic
Master of Orion has three games, the third of which is serviceable after extensive modding. Master of Magic has one, and don't look at me and say I can play Fallen Enchantress of Age of goddamn bullshit crappy Wonders. You are a retarded porch monkey who doesn't know shit about shit.

Attached: lie-to-me.jpg?resize=584%2C409.jpg (584x409, 35K)

I think he's talking about Minions of Mirth and Art of War 2

Can Sarmatia form Poland?

EU3, Vicky 2, CK2, Darkest Hour are the best games in their respective series.

Don't bother, one an autistic elitist feels personally offended, they will never let go of their "version"

Boi

Attached: Boi.png (83x60, 14K)

I'm not offended. I'm disappointed. Like a father whose son grew up to be a faggot like you.

>Wanted to play whit friend as irland and him as england
>we dont have time anymore

It comes with a map editor
youtube.com/watch?v=mNzf0l5AueI

>Achievement unlocked: Long Boi

The CK2 map has poor topography.

I can wait for all the Boi boi jokes

>that time period
>that map
another 10+ dlc incoming

>recreate the persian empire!
>20 euros
>persian unit pack
>2 euros
>persian theme music
>4.99 euros

Every couple months.
>Rise of Israel
>9.99

Considering it's blank. doesn't look frozen over and they historically conquered at least one of their neighbors that I can read, probably.

Fuck paradox, I want a fantasy grand strat where the gameplay is varied and fun instead of shitty mana-maxing blob simulator.

>Actually thinking pig fucking, tree worshiping, shit eating Anglos were anywhere close to the Latin master race.

You're as subhuman as the niggers you hate so much.

ugh...

Attached: redpilled.jpg (2000x1125, 918K)

Conquering Greece as Persia would be worth it.

Nobody is talking about that shitty "race" of ugly hobbits though. Celtniggers need to go too

Wtf Germanic empire existed back then?!?

Good lad, Master of Magic and Master of Orion are the two GOAT strategy games that have never been topped.

Shame Latin got breed out, huh? You guidos are all Arabs and turks.

Where's Byzantium?

>Not conquering Germania as Rome
you deserve to be culturally enriched if you don't do this during your playthrough

>Shame Latin got breed out,
Nah, descendant of Julius Caesar here. Stay inbred Anglo.

Celts =/= Anglos retard, Celts got chased out of their land by rampaging Anglo and Germanic immigrant rapists. Muslimbros are just getting revenge for the Latins and Celts today.

>religion islam

but user I thought the germans "culturally enriched" rome

gotta replay reality out sometimes, you know? :)

>WE WUZZING this hard
LOL

>nuparadox
no

Attached: jewhan.png (343x512, 337K)

>this MAD that my ancestors were gods and yours were smelly pig fuckers

Attached: 2.gif (500x364, 983K)

Question:
How important is the historical aspect of these games to (you).
Would you play a grand strategy set in a entirely fictional world.

Basically: if it's a historical game the historical aspect is very important. I would have no problem with fictional gsg however.

no, go play eu4

Yet it's the glorious Anglo empires who run the world, who gives you your culture, whose language you speak.
Your """"gods""""" got cucked by a bunch of unwashed forest niggers. Anglos conquered them over and over.

I'm actually tired of the world as a geographic location. I wish there was randomize landmass like the new world one in EU

as long as i can form dacia

Based and Burebistapilled.

If you acknowledge that your ancestors were rampaging immigrant shitskins, why do you get so bitter about it happening to you today?

>Yet it's the glorious Anglo empires who run the world

Yeah about that, while you're dealing with Muslim hordes (karma) the chinks are taking over. Hope you had your fun while it lasted :^)

You should know a thing or two with coping over fallen empires.

If there's dual or quadruple emperors, the Empire is as good as split.

>Would you play a grand strategy set in a entirely fictional world.
Yes
>How important is the historical aspect of these games to (you).
Stopped playing ck2 the second they went all political and replaced all russian coats of arms with modern ukrainian flag

Shitty railroaded events like aragon always going under castille in a PU are worthless

there are mods for that, i prefer medieval times and ww2 tho
too bad hoi4 sucks dick

>hoi4
You have only yourself to blame.

Is that what they teach in murica? Before aztecs there were at least 3 big empires in mesoamerica. Toltecs, mayas and teotihuacan.

>>You have only yourself to blame.
I didnt play it much, tried hoi 3 and darkest hour but theyre too old for me

>Before aztecs there were at least 3 big empires in mesoamerica. Toltecs, mayas and teotihuacan.

1200 bc

Nothing existed back then