Decided to retry Shadowrun Returns again to see if I was crazy about hating it and Dragonfall, but nope

Decided to retry Shadowrun Returns again to see if I was crazy about hating it and Dragonfall, but nope

WHY THE FUCK IS THE DIALOGUE OFF TO THE RIGHT LIKE THAT?

Think about every great WRPG: Dialogue front and center

WHY DOES SHADOWSHIT DO THIS?

Attached: shadowrun returns dialogue shit.jpg (1680x1050, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Y7kQq8SxEj3z9fwqjf7EAA/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because fuck convention, right?

Attached: fallout 2 dialogue 2.jpg (1919x1080, 204K)

what do you hope to gain by posting this exact same thread again?

if that's a big problem for you, you're going to have a rough time throughout life.

If that's the best insult you can muster then your life is already in shambles m8

I don't have to play bad games like the Shadowrun trilogy, I can play the classics that know front and center dialogue is important

Attached: vamprie bloodlines.jpg (625x416, 36K)

So many things to complain about Returns, and you pick this.

That's because Dragonfall is a piece of shit too and it has the same dialogue box problem as Returns

Attached: shadowrun wasteland.jpg (942x307, 54K)

Most screens are widescreen so placing the dialogue boxes at the side leaves more vertical real estate, whereas a front-and-center dialogue box removes horizontal real estate from the shorter portion of the screen, thus obstructing your view of the game moreso than the side-box.

A poor excuse when even games like Underrail don't do something so stupid

Attached: ss_8230788f116a4ec690041296de69a5e962e81b6d.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 405K)

TRIGGERED

i never got this either, but i still enjoyed the games.

That's even weaker than the last one

can you change the font in the game? i don't like that

>dialogue box problem
Are you unable to read it or something?

How is this even a real complaint
Who the fuck cares where the dialogue box is located as long as its readable

He just has autism. Actual, literal autism, not internet memery.

Literally who cares? The writing doesn't need to be in the middle because there's no accompanying animation to look at.

When I'm talking to a character, what is the point of having the entire environment shown? What is it telling me? My focus should be on the dialogue, not the environment - the environment should be something I look at when I'm NOT talking to a person.

Pic related, Age of Decadence, another modern game that doesn't do stupid shit like Shadowrun

Attached: aod.jpg (1680x1050, 108K)

>but i still enjoyed the games.

Bad taste

Underrail has a pretty bad UI - if you don't like the font, don't play Underrail

>My focus should be on the dialogue
So just do that? focus on the dialogue box, why are you mindlessly staring at the centre of the screen.

>My focus should be on the dialogue
Then move your eyes slightly to the right you fucking mouth breather
Are you an actual honest to god downie?

>Hur ur autistic!!1

I just like when RPGs don't look like shit - Shadowrun is one of the ugliest modern WRPGs ever made. All of the games 3D models are gangly and small and lack detail

The writing doesn't need to be at the side because there's no accompanying animation to look at

Attached: arcanum.jpg (800x401, 35K)

designed for mobile devices

I want to be immersed and not have to constantly shift my eyes in a 30 plus hour RPG

You know, like ANY fucking modern RPG like Divinity Original Sin 2

Attached: divos2.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

Shadowcuckold fanboys are in denial though about loving a shitty series of mobile games, so they deflect and say "y-y-you're autistic" and "y-y-you get used to the ugly graphics" or "y-y-you get used to the SJW characters!"

Attached: shadowcuck.jpg (527x391, 67K)

>dialogue to the right is such a problem that you can't play the game
>goes directly to Yea Forums where all the posts are to the left

I don't even know what game this is, but you seem retarded mate

I tried giving Shadowrun Returns a go and lasted a grand total of 20 minutes or so. Whenever WRPG writers are given the opportunity to write in the third person they go back to their "failed novelist writer" roots and waste their time with overly verbose descriptions that accomplish nothing that good dialogue wouldn't. Hell when I opened the thread I thought you were complaining about that AGE OLD FIGHT OR FLIGHT EQUATION shit and not something as autistic as where the box is

Attached: 1551091778194.jpg (330x327, 23K)

Posting in an autism thread!

Attached: Spörzum.png (450x450, 377K)

>i-if you think im autistic that just means y-y-y-youre a fanboy
Lmao I didn't even finish Returns, much less start to play Dragonfall or Hong Kong
People are calling you autistic because you are being autistic
You're legitimately complaining about the position of a text box
None of your arguments are relevant in any sort of way
>b-b-b-bbut i gotta shift my eyes
>b-b-bbut it affects immersion
>b-b-b-but other games dont do it
Literally none of this matters
Unless you have some retarded downie eyes and sit literally 10 centimeters away from your monitor there is literally no problem with looking a tiny bit right

Returns might or might not be shit, but none of that is related to the position of the fucking dialogue box

Attached: 1536995643338.png (294x122, 69K)

>Comparing a website to a video game

How desperate are you shadowniggers

The Shadowrun trilogy is poorly written, yes.

>My only argument is like autism buzzword

It's a convention of good and well designed RPGs, games you've never played - how about that you fucking autist?

Attached: BG2 oh Jan never change.jpg (800x600, 196K)

Text is text you dumb nigger
Enjoy your shitty game

Returns

No one needs to provide a counter argument to your sperging because your point is the equivalent of 2+2=5
Anyone that isn't autistic like you knows that you're an autist for thinking otherwise

>Enjoy your shitty game

I'm not playing any of the Shadowshit games though

Oh look, another RPG classic that does dialogue in the center

It's almost like... putting text in a box in the corner that's barely there is a bad idea

Eat shit you retarded nigger who doesn't know anything about anything.

Attached: deus ex.jpg (1280x1024, 249K)

>but other games did it!!!!!!!!!!!
Other humans had sex and you're still a fucking virgin, what gives?

>play Shadowrun Returns
>don't have any proficiency in shotguns
>don't have any skill in firearms in general
>the only way to kill the bugs DEMANDS you kill them with a magical elf shotgun
ohnononono

>>but other games did it!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the best ones in the genre.

Attached: kotor 2.jpg (640x480, 41K)

I know some Yea Forumsnigger is scrounging for some old RPG that did something as stupid as Shadowrun and I'll give you a hand: NWN

Guess what? NWN1 isn't considered a classic by anyone

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

It's not even in the top 70 RPGs list by RPGCodex, and that list has some really rough games.

Attached: LowInt.jpg (800x600, 171K)

OP is a serious faggot. Move on.

>OP is a serious

OP IS A SERIOUS DA DA DUH DUH DEH DEH

Attached: tenor.jpg (640x482, 66K)

And the sequel, which is considered better than NWN1... oh no... look at this dude

OH NO NO NO NO NO

LITTLE TAB FAGGOTS BTFO

Attached: nwn2.jpg (800x600, 84K)

>Shadowshitters literally gave up

Attached: duke3-1024x932-500x455.jpg (500x455, 39K)

Hail to the king, baby

Attached: duke cigar.jpg (537x360, 43K)

>autism intensifies

Of all the things to complain about Shadowrun on, I don't understand why the HUD takes center stage. It's stupid, but it's far from the worst thing in it

Yes there are many, MANY, bad things about the Shadowrun trilogy, like how the glowy iPhone nodes substitute real world interaction

Yet the dialogue box bothers me because it's fucking with the conventions of a genre for no real reason. It's not aesthetically pleasing, it helps with nothing, it was something done because the devs have never played another WRPG before

But retards still claim they're good, is the problem

Attached: shadowrun glow nodes linear.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

Should I give Returns a chance if I unironically enjoyed the fuck out of Dragonfall and Hong Kong?

Attached: 1548379327020.png (133x130, 17K)

Its a step backwards comparatively, and the story is nothing great, but you might still find enjoyment there.

>Its a step backwards comparatively

Having played 10 hours of Dragonfall DC, no, it's not. I don't know how Shadowrun Returns got a bad reputation to you retards when it's the same old shit.

I thought it was alright. The dialogue boxes' biggest problem is that it restricts the dialogue in the choices to save space, but I think they're just trying out something new with the placement

Why didn't they do it like this? At least there'd be a point to choosing my avatar

Oh, because doing things the normal way goes against the SJW way of thinking

Attached: Lt-n254UZaFt1H7XeTlFjQM5AK1xoKbPh-qaST9iwDw.jpg (793x599, 74K)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember having a few pieces of (scripted) dialogue where your avatar shows up. I chose the shadowy guy since none of the default portraits look good, so it was really jarring seeing the portrait of an orc one minute and then a shadow the next. This was in Dragonfall though

You're probs right, I really had to force myself to play Dragonfall

>can't see out of my right eye
Nice

Yea Forums lost again

This is what vaccination gets you.

Attached: sr2.jpg (640x480, 76K)

I never noticed how the S dragon sorta looks like a Mesoamerican drawing

Attached: XXXChaoticAssassinKillerXXX(2).jpg (1686x1078, 359K)

Attached: XXXChaoticAssassinKillerXXX(1).jpg (1686x1078, 325K)

Attached: RLkZOKz.jpg (640x480, 44K)

Wait, is it translated yet or are you just tricking me?

Yeah I don't get this inconsistency. Fuck I hate these games.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Y7kQq8SxEj3z9fwqjf7EAA/

Don't you have an Obsidian thread to shitpost in?
Or Mortal Kombat thread to tell people to read your shit fanfics?
Or Epic Games Store threads to shill for the Chinese?
Or Fallout threads to post your garbage Fallout mod?

Attached: autist gay fish.png (1580x765, 215K)

Aztlan is a major player in the setting, so it makes sense.

Oh yeah, I forgot the megacorps even exist. It all blurs out because you don't really see the megacorps being distinct from one another, nor do they really interact with the story

I've played plenty of games where the text is off to the side like that. You're just being nitpicky.

Hud elements being arranged in a particular way is a matter of opinion.

You move your eyes around constantly in real life. Therefore it is more immersive if you do it in-game as well.

>I've played plenty of games where the text is off to the side like that.

Post them then

I guarantee none of them are good

This could be the biggest non issue I've ever seen a complete sperg out over. Bravo.