What do Nintendo bring to the table that others don't?

What do Nintendo bring to the table that others don't?

Attached: kotaku.png (786x549, 272K)

Other urls found in this thread:

halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-3
youtube.com/watch?v=3MlNWYyVdh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

games for manchildren trannies kikes and jews

Games.

Strong IPs that make even just the reveal of a logo exciting to the crowd
Sony could do that with a few IPs but they won't, and Microsoft can't really do it unless you consider that the PC crowd is with the Microsoft crowd.

Microsoft and Sony rely on third parties too much. Other than Halo the other two have no recognizable franchises of their own

Fun

Good games and endless source of seething.see

Estrogen and cranial atrophy though Snoy is also guilty of that.

I'd say Sony tries more than Microsoft at least. There are a dozen IPs that are unique to the brand and memorable. It's just that they've neglected them for so long they've been lost to time and now they're simply niche.

Nintendo has a more gaming friendly brand - they don't take themselves as seriously in public and that makes them the fun, cool company. This meshes well with the idea of games as a medium to have fun with, and therefore also gamers who will self-identify as just wanting to enjoy themselves in the context of games.

By contrast MS and Sony have the brand of colossal mega corporations A and B, so are viewed as being more soulless.

What I'm trying to say is that it's all inside our heads and there is no appreciable difference outside your taste in games

soul

Worthwile Exclusive games, iconic characters & dozens of dedicated fanbases for them

Games. Nintendo releases 10+ games a year. Sony releases maybe two and a few VR games that nobody buys.
Sony can't even do E3 without showing the same things year after year after year, and this year they literally don't have anything. What made them think they could do a Direct?

unique =/= popular.

Mario is iconic, Master Chief is iconic, Link is iconic, sony has no iconic characters on the level of those three

Gran Turismo has always been Sony’s only relevant & mainstream IP. Same with Forza & Halo for Microsoft

>Sony said they're skipping E3 this year

I completely forgot about that shit. Where are their PS5 reveal plans meant to fit in?

Games people actually want, 75% of the Sony one was VR shit.

Outside US & Canada Master Chief is borderline irrelevant. Sony has two cat mascots who are extremely iconic in Asia

I get the excitement Nintendo brings with Nintendo direct announcements. It gets even non gamers to notice. So how come that didn't translate to Wii U sales back then?

Attached: 1551843733354.png (128x128, 18K)

>Outside US & Canada Master Chief is borderline irrelevant

lol no

t. someone who lives outside of US & Canada

3DS existed & the Wii U had no games.

Nobody cares about Western games outside MineCraft, Fortnite, COD & GTA in Japan or China

Wii U had a shit tier gimmick compared to the Wii and Switch. Plus it had a terrible design that made it look like a toddler's first tablet

The Wii U had piss poor marketing for the console itself

Crash is incredibly popular in Europe.

And? Why would chinamen care about nintendo directs or sony/microsoft attempting to recreate them?

Nintendo's bigger reliance on major IPs means there's an always an expectation and excitement for several of them even if there's nothing to actual go off. The hunger for a new AC was massive even before it was announced. Couple that with the general closeness their IPs have in terms of audience and the Direct format lends itself to a hype cycle for them well.

Sony and Microsoft don't have IPs as tightly clumped together like that with wildly different audiences in things like Gravity Rush and The Last of Us, and they also rely less on specific IPs since more of their games are new IPs typically. Additionally, they're generally clearer about what what individual teams within them are doing. This means there's more we know with certainty going into any new announcements with Sony and MS, which means they need bigger blowouts to come across as exciting to their audience.

I would kill for Infamous 4 or new Wipeout just as much as I would for a new Star Fox or F-Zero. But I know that Sucker Punch is working on Ghost of Tsushima and Wipeout is probably done since Liverpool are gone. I have no fucking idea what Nintendo might do with Star Fox or F-Zero though.

Exciting new IPs...wait
Thought provo...no
Challenging figh...nah

What does Nintendo bring to the table that everybody else doesn't? Bright colors and Smash players.

Soi addiction.

Cope, this is the seething & jealously that we talked about

Third party even though it did get popular from being on playstation. No one is getting hype from the state of play mentioning ps4 get to pay for the privilege of extra dlc content compared to other versions of the game

Attached: 1553085904384.jpg (949x635, 78K)

Nostalgia. The 5 best selling Switch games are:
Splatoon 2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, Pokémon: Let’s Go.
What we can see here is that 4 of the 5 best selling games belong to franchises that are two decades old or even older.
They buy what the played as children even if the franchises are completely stale and claim Nintendo would be the only company that's still revolutionizing gaming.

(Place 6-8 are also franchises that are all 20 years old or older if you wondered btw.)

>Uncharted
>TLoU
>god of war
>Horizon

Kratos is more iconic than Master chief at this point

*outsells every halo game*
*wins more awards than BotW*

Attached: Kratos+is+my+new+dad+bod+goals+maybe+without+the+_83a3a0e66b3757f6ea2cf5932d047f41[1].jpg (870x1118, 261K)

probably their own playstation experience at fall

Autism

It literally came down to marketing. People thought the Wii U was a peripheral for the Wii. You'll still run into normies today who think Nintendo just went dark and didn't release a console for ten years between the Wii and Switch's releases.

>*outsells every halo game*
It didn't even outsell halo 4 lmao

A quarter of it's sales were from console bundles and it got a 50% price cut within a year of release too. Fuck off with that snoy shit

halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-3
>selling more than 14.5 million games worldwide
Delusional.

Nintendo Directs got better because Nintendo actually saw their mistakes with the first few directs and improved on them until they had a solid formula. Xbox fans don't seem that angry about Inside so they probably won't change it. Sony seems to be in the "we can do nothing wrong" attitude right now so if they do one again they probably wont improve on anything.

>muh bundles!

Attached: s-l300[1].jpg (296x300, 23K)

>a year
I fucking wish, i got it for half the price 3 months in. Honestly buying sony games day 1 feel like you are being cheated

The Wii U
>Was a bad concept for a console
>Had awful marketing
>Had no good and exciting games for the first part of it's life

That last one is arguably the biggest reason it failed. Splatoon became a phenomenon and Mario Maker was also real popular but they still couldnt save the Wii U since they came out too late. If one of those was a launch title it might have been a different story

Still, I'm glad things turned out this way. Wii U's failure cause Nintendo to both go into overdrive when it came to making good games and also caused them to re-assess their console philosophy which led to the Switch. All the best Wii U games came to the Switch anyway

People buy an xbox for halo. Sony throws their exclusives in as a sweetener when normies are wondering which fifa/fortnite box to pick up

Looks like JoJo to me

japanese sincerity and honesty

COPE

>Had no good and exciting games for the first part of it's life
>Was a bad concept for a console
All lies

Sopa de Spark

>People buy an xbox for halo
obviously, there's nothing else. Oh wait even that's on PC now

Nintendo and Rockstar are the only companies I feel like I can buy a full price game from and not feel cheated. Sony is bad but Square Enix is far worse, literally wont touch a square enix game until a year after release since it'll be fifteen dollars by then

Honestly I think the name fucked them up the most, most people lived through the crazed of the wii so everybody know that. Then the wiiu come out and people just fucking confused, and it is not a good name idea
The switch is much catchier and like 20 times better in term of marketing and grab people interests

Nintendo's greatest strength is their brand. Long-running and iconic franchises that only come out on their own systems. Up until the Switch the main reason to pick up a Nintendo system was Nintendo games. This means they have a lot to talk about at any given time since they are publisher, developer, and platform maker.

Meanwhile Sony and Microsoft are focused more on just making a decent box to play games on. They (or in recent years just Sony) have some enticing exclusives but for the most part people buy those to have something to play video games on.

Attached: 1553873542602.jpg (956x3943, 601K)

big C here tbqh

Dude I checked recently and I can still trade in my pokemon games in the DS era for 20 bucks each at FUCKING GAMESTOP, if i bring them FF they probably spit at me. I got burned by SE quite a couple times last gen as well, I learned my lesson hard

Sony outsells them every time tho

is it heart gold/soul silver? those cost a ton for some reason

Here are the launch titles for the Wii U

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Skylanders Giants
Transformers Prime
Wipeout 3
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
FIFA Soccer 13
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden: Razor’s Edge
Nintendo Land
Sing Party
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Warrios Orochi 3 Hyper
Darksiders II
Assassin’s Creed III
ESPN Sports Connection
Just Dance 4
Rabbids Land
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Game Party Champions
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

Of those only Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros were notable. They weren't bad by any means but they weren't EXCITING. Nobody was saying "Hey I need to go put down 300 dollars for this new system so i can play the fourth version of NSMB and a minigame collection."

There was only like three games you could physically buy for the Switch at launch but one of those was motherfucking BotW so they clearly learned their lesson

>launch title
>first part of its life
user

Today I will remind you OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=3MlNWYyVdh0

Yeah HG/SS pay the most, platinum still net you decent money, in general the DS pokemon get you more than the 3ds ones

Zelda is a Wii U game first and foremost.

Because Sony and Microsoft try to appeal to adults. Nintendo draws in everyone and they don’t come across as cocky or corporate. They just seem like they have fun doing what they do. With little skits and the “Oh, and one more thing!” at the end of every direct. Yeah it’s cheese and pretty corny but i won’t deny it manages to get me excited every time. It always ends up taking me by surprise as well despite knowing the one more thing is coming. Nintendo seems to just genuinely love what they do and you can tell from the devs that they’ve put a lot of passion into the job, Sony and Microsoft just don’t give off that same vibe to me. At the end of they day they might all three be giant companies but I feel like Nintendo would be the most family like on the inside. Sony and Ms just outsource everything they make and pretty much every title they show blends together because it’s alll mostly gritty brown third or first person open world games or in Sony’s case Vr shit no one will buy.

Idk maybe that’s just my bias showing but Nintendo definitely manages to make games seem fun and exciting where as Sony and MS just don’t.

This is a dishonest snake. he had to resign because he had spouted so much bullshit lies in interviews.

Nintendo's main demographic is kids. Maybe even families. But sure as fuck not dudes in their 20's who want to play hardcore games. They consider that an irrelevant niche to their kiddy bing bing wahoo business.

They literally censored their biggest 2018 game solely so it could get the toddler-approved rating. They don't care about you.

Attached: Smash censorship.jpg (1752x1219, 519K)

>hey guys look at me! I browse kotaku xD but only ironically
>lol le cringe! let me post kotaku articles and videos!

go back
stay back
kill yourself

I get you're playing purposefully retarded but he literally retired

He "retired" which is corporate term for NoJ telling him to fuck off after realizing he was a pathological liar.

they are fun

Developmentwise yeah, and I'd say porting the game to the Switch actually hurt it in terms of design since I'm pretty sure item swapping was originally done on the Wii U gamepad but they scrapped it when they turned to the Switch

Sales and receptionwise absolutely not, I doubt the average person even realised BotW came out on another system. I went to the midnight release of BotW (and the Switch) and I was the only person there who was picking the game up on the Wii U

Japanese don't function that way to failures. They box a person until they quit outright.

Play a videogame, my guy

No. What probably actually happened is he's been wanting to retire for years but couldn't because if he resigned when the company was struggling it would have looked bad. Now that the Switch is a success and Nintendo's in the black he can leave and enjoy his life without anyone pointing and saying "See! The executives are bailing Nintendo is going under!"

Source?

Point is that Zelda was not developed for the Switch's launch. They were just sitting on this game that was supposed to be the flagship game for Wii U but the development went over schedule that the console went out first unexpectedly. So they repurposed it.

wasn't mythra's legs like that because of japanese ratings? and wasn't that same reason why they used an in-game sprite of tharja instead of the other artwork?

Super simple but distinct ideas made interesting
Sony's ideas are convoluted and require quite a lot of effort to explain.
I think this is why Gravity Rush is one of my favorite Sony IPs.
>alien queen can control gravity in surreal floating worlds
is simpler than TLOU's
>Dad loses daughter during Zombie-esque outbreak but finds another girl with zombie-immunity and needs to take girl to place where she can be researched and every character on the way is complex and have their own issues
And every part of the game relies on this information to function properly.

Nintendo's games are easy to understand like GR
>sword and board adventure in alt-high fantasy to save the world
>high-jumping man tackles obstacle courses to save princess
>bounty hunter in space uses her tools to traverse planets and kill aliens
etc.

Uncharted is also decent at this.

>Discount Indiana Jones
>Discount The Road
>Basedboy of Trans
>Literally just the world of Enslaved but instead of a hot redhead they added a manjaw retard who mutters to herself
Great "unique" worlds you got there.

Attached: enslaved_poster_sexy_trip_by_alessandro_taini.jpg (494x704, 361K)

>WHO

Literally who?

He’s right, Fifa, COD & GTA dominate the Top 10 best selling PS4 games list

*Cough Cough*

"FUN"

Attached: 1534292845017.gif (512x387, 1.8M)

They arent good, its just that nintendo has a back log of franchises people care about, and with every direct you HOPE something good will happen, even if it never does

You know the original poster called master chief, the most generic space marine ever iconic right? Your argument doesn't work

same as xbox

>using uniqueness as a factor as he defends master chief

at the very LEAST Drake and Kratos are more iconic than Master chief now, if you count him you have to count these two

The colors are definatly important. And I'm not being sarcastic.

>LEAST Drake and Kratos are more iconic than Master chief now
>Kratos
Maybe
>Drake
lol. Not even Naughty Dogs most iconic character

The same simplistic manchildren games over, over and over again, port begging, weak atrocius hardware and gimmick shit. The brand is going to be associated to kids and disgusting retards forverer even more sad is their pseudo statement of 'we dont follow trends in the industry xD' but they shipping only mediocrity

>Nintendo and Rockstar
HAHAHAHAHAHA the shitiest standards of this threads

nintendo has your bing bings, PS has your uguus, xbox doesn't have squat
been this way for three gens now, you really should've learnt it by now