What is the most fun Diablo-like game? Grim Dawn? PoE?

What is the most fun Diablo-like game? Grim Dawn? PoE?

Attached: diablo_2_boxart.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 125K)

It's still Diablo 2.

PoE. No need to play Grim Yawn

it's still diablo 2. some people like path of exile but personally I find the game repetitive and janky with very little enjoyable class progression

Dark souls is the best diablo 2

I enjoyed Grim Dawn.
what didn't you like about it? why was it boring for you?

PoE seems to be the best candidate for being Diablo 2's successor.

>diablo-like

Come play Diablo 2. The netcode is janky and the game is run by bots, but there's still a surprising number of people playing.

I actually heard that it's still relatively big in South Korea, even.

Torchlight

This. PoE is an always online single player farming simulator. Grim Dawn lacks a dedicated server multiplayer. Diablo 2 has everything.

What's the most fun Diabo-like game if I'm playing solo?

joking aside grim dawn is so fucking boring

D2, tl2, and grim dawn. Poe is terrible

Marvel Heroes

Grim Dawn

Depends on what you're looking for. PoE has a very active 'community' for shit, being an online game that gets big updates every three months. However its also balanced around having access to trade and such. Grim dawn comparatively is more focused on it's setting/world, and designed around single player or playing with friends, though you could find some randoms to play with, probably. Both are good games in their own right.

How is Median XL nowadays? Does it still exist?

Seconding this.

RIP and it fucking sucks that clownshoes lived up to their name.

PoE is probably the truest successor to D2 out there. it has an online focus with a thriving economy. new content/ladder seasons all the time. but its also literally owned by china now, so youre supporting the chinks by playing it

grim dawn is like titan quest; theres no always-connected online component, no economy/trading really. its meant to be played solo or with a few good friends

both are pretty good games, lots of variety in gear and character builds. the main differences probably being the economy in PoE, and the fact that in grim dawn you could eventually master the game and become OP as fuck whereas the always-changing nature of PoE means youre always chasing that next upgrade

Attached: 1AwQD.jpg (1100x1528, 250K)

bump for opinions.

>install the big median XL update recently
>played 30 mins
>it's just not the same
>deleted everything

I could never get into Median LX, it's just way too flashy for my liking.

poe is garbage

It's like PoE with less customization and the combat stays the same forever so by the time you grind all the retarded sets it's still the same boring shit

these guys get it. just play Diablo 2. I am still playing it. The Community actually grew bigger over the past year.
There is no real successor in sight who can take the crown, so I stick with the old King.

Attached: 1508058481896.png (612x612, 68K)

Belzebub mod for first Diablo.

Path of Diablo. Try it out. It's a mod for D2 that rebalances a lot of skills, items and has general improvements like a dedicated charm section in your double sized inventory etc. It doesn't break the game nor makes it go super-sayan like MedianXL does. Been playing for 2 weeks now and it doesn't stop being fun.

I also gotta appreciate what a masterpiece Diablo 2 in itself is. The sounds in particular are brilliant, everything sounds so nice without being overbearing or too sharp.

Attached: 004 - 1W1EB7D.jpg (900x1600, 405K)

>Been playing for 2 weeks now and it doesn't stop being fun
Ive played Vanilla LoD for more or less 15 years now and it is still fun to play. The is no need for mods

My biggest complaint about Median XL is that it often confuses annoyance with challenge. Shit like enemies teleporting/casting spells on top of you from two screens away, invisible elite mobs with deadly attacks, attacks covering the entire screen, health-sponge bosses, screen cluttered with spell effects obscuring view, combinations of elite packs that can render you defenseless with a bit of bad luck.
Yesterday I was playing a Bowazon and my "strategy" for Nightmare Ball was: make tp -> shave off a bit of his health -> get telefragged -> respawn, repeated like 20 times. It sure was a very fun and challenging fight. Just as fun and challenging as Hell Diablo fight, which consisted of ~15 minutes of shooting him with point-blank Barrage while he was being distracted by elementals. And I had enough dps to effortlessly steamroll Hell A4.

There is still no game as satisfying as Diablo 2, once a year I load up the game and play through to the end hell, every times it's fun, every time it's different, plenty of classes and variations, lots of subtle choices you can make without being a clusterfuck of passives and autistic stats

Diablo 2