So Yea Forums, do you keep your rifle by your side?

So Yea Forums, do you keep your rifle by your side?
youtu.be/v0sdR-UdYzg

Attached: fc5 jacob.jpg (1160x653, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R07-xHYm_g0
youtube.com/watch?v=4X2Zc9rCTH8
nexusmods.com/farcry5/mods/31?tab=description
gamervw.com/2018/05/27/the-hidden-story-of-far-cry-5/
youtube.com/watch?v=AiVSSK1Tu10
youtube.com/watch?v=TXUByA02uJk
youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z6vKuJ6_U
youtube.com/watch?v=H-26YEPZVBQ&feature=youtu.be&t=320
youtube.com/watch?v=HpBplqhQTV4&list=PLAEXhfWm6Mjv_43lw9hIMIRP9rSCWyC8c&index=29
youtube.com/watch?v=p6PuTFmn_ds&list=PLAEXhfWm6Mjv_43lw9hIMIRP9rSCWyC8c&index=69
youtube.com/watch?v=wskTXPW5ad0
youtu.be/iGPaqmR9U00?t=1m7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Will we rise again?
youtu.be/R07-xHYm_g0

Even though the game had its flaws,
That choir music was fantastic.

This game could've been 10/10 if they kept a serious tone throughout. The only tense moments were when Joseph Sneed or his brothers were on screen.

>make an hyper parody of anti government gun nuts
>make it so stupid nobody could buy it (so as not to offend people)
>americans relate to it and think it's awesome

heh

Time to trigger Yea Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=4X2Zc9rCTH8

J. SNEED

Attached: 1510677953281.jpg (495x362, 19K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

I forgot this game existed. Did it end up being okay? 3 and 4 basically felt like the same game to me, so I'm guessing 5 is more of the same, but with a less unique environment? I give zero fucks about the story.

Playing now, did the John region first, doing Jacob's now, is it just me or was there a huge drop in quality there? It feels like theres so much less to do in jacobs. Also the little freedom meter or whatever fills up waay to fast, you basically have to intentionally ignore most of the side missions and random objectives if you want to complete all of the story missions before killing the big guy. Also fuck planes

5's better. Gameplay wise it's much of the same but they put a bit more effort into the story and it shows. The characters are actually memorable.

>This won almost no Soundtrack of the year awards
Fuck coastie games journos, nothing else compared.

MY grandma had a singing toy dog that sang this song with a dopy voice.
When it sang the ‘youuuuuu’ parts the dog howl it.
I hadnt thought abouy that until I heard this song in the game and it all came back.
I miss you grandma.

bamp

jacob's area is shit

also download the mod to reduce how many resistance points you get

Link?

warning: takes forever to download
nexusmods.com/farcry5/mods/31?tab=description

>NAMED SEED
>WANTS FEED AND SEED
SNEED

Good
Cull the herd

Attached: 1532856344085.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

I haven't played a Far Cry since 2 and feel like trying another. Which is best out of 3, 4, and 5? They all look the same but with different settings.

Is that New Dawn one garbage or what?

It's a bit underwhelming. You go from fighting an apocalyptic cult led by a messianic figure to fighting a glorified biker gang led by a pair of teenage girls.

I played it and it was better then I expected. Though that doesn't say much because I expected absolute trash. Though I thought it rather nicely tied up the story that was left hanging with the ending of 5.

At the end of the day it's more of the same. Only get it if you liked 5 and even if you did I'd wait until it has another 50% off sale.

3,4 and 5 are all good in their own ways, but 3 has the most soul compared to the other 2. "soul" is just an excuse to say fun as an argument but its true.

Attached: packshot-633b417d362c3c3c1ef59a18d9fe131e.jpg (500x713, 146K)

Jason Brody without a doubt had a better character arch compared to the other protagonists. Though I wouldn't really say it's any more "fun" then the others.
I recently played 3 after 5, and there were enough subtle gameplay improvements and refinements to both how your character handles if felt a bit dated in comparison in spite of how similar they were.

Only youuuuuuu...

>make it so stupid nobody could buy it (so as not to offend people)

That's not what they did. They watered it down and made it bland inoffensive murrica-isms. Far Cry 5 is as transgressive as the average Budweiser commercial.

Play Far Cry: Vengeance.

Attached: fcvengeance.jpg (640x913, 100K)

>less unique environment?
It might not be exotic like the tropical island and Nepal but damn it is beautiful and nice to explore. Hunting and fishing, the dog even brings your game back to you. Lots of locations to find and good sidequest too.

formerly chuck

Always

Attached: 1517027507911.jpg (500x628, 115K)

It's really an okay game. But should have been priced around 20 bucks instead of 45.

It basically looks and plays like a shorter FC5 with a smaller map plus lots of collecting shit to upgrade your home base and weapons. I thought it was still fun doing outposts and the extra expeditions and it was cool that they upped the difficulty each time you finished one of those missions. The final hour(s) in the story felt rushed though and the twins aren't as memorable as Joseph and his siblings.

Attached: Far Cry® New Dawn_20190403212046.jpg (1920x1080, 771K)

5 is the best out if the three in my humble opinion
-Huge arsenal of weapons
-Chucking Shovels and bats at people never gets old
-Having two companions following you, chopper lady and Hurk combo they basically clear the outposts for you and you can get the bonus if you stay undetected while they fuck shit up

>Friend and I both get FC5 for co-op
>Fucking loving it, actually having fun for once
>Realize progress only saves for the host player so we can't both progress at the same time and one of us is going to have to play all the missions twice

Attached: 1539653264531.jpg (756x972, 181K)

>tfw german
>tfw I got a hunting license only to buy guns
>tfw I keep my rifle by my side

God I fucking love guns

>Far Cry 5 is as transgressive as the average Budweiser commercial.
Far Cry 5's barely hidden messages as transgressive as heck. gamervw.com/2018/05/27/the-hidden-story-of-far-cry-5/ Religion and AAA gaming rarely intersect in such an overt way.

Yeah, tone-wise it was more over-the-top than 3 (especially) and 4.
I think the big drawback though was the forced story missions when you reached a certain notoriety. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea or how it even passed playtests.

I'd say play 5 if you want a more "complete" game, and just want a fun action/adventure/sandbox FPS that has a cool story. Play 3 if story/characters are more important to you, and you want a more down to earth action game. 4 is sort of like a mix of both.

New Dawn's great. It's basically what Dying Light: The Following was to Dying Light. It's tighter, shorter, has a grungier tone. It does erode some of the mystique of Far Cry 5, but it handles Joseph in a really respectful way. The soundtrack is pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=AiVSSK1Tu10
Speaking of which, Ubi don't get enough credit for having an official youtube channel where they post full albums for their games.

If your soul has grown weary, and your heart feels tired:

I really enjoyed this game. Only ubi game I cared about in years. Absolutely kino setting, atmosphere, music, and villain.

>tfw you will never be a part of a comfy rural cult

Attached: 1515031695352.jpg (660x716, 53K)

Why is Far Cry Primal Kino always forgotten?

Attached: Far-Cry-Primal_wolf-petting.jpg (1161x655, 319K)

>unironically linking cuck games media
kys

>no good ending for Joseph no matter what
it hurts. He didn't deserve it

if the game didn't have such trash side quests and unrealistic NPC spawns it would have been a good game

Nigger if there isn't any big ol GUNS, then it ain't a Far Cry game.

>trash side quests
FC5 had the best and most varied side missions out of all the modern games in the series, not sure where you got that idea
>unrealistic NPC spawns
thats par for the course for Far Cry

You still don't understand. You don't know what it is you're doing do you? Joseph believes he's our savior. But you'll be the one who decides what happens. You were the start. You'll be the end. It was always going to happen this way. You'll walk the path. You'll rescue your Sheriff. You'll be the hero. And then... you'll choose. And if you don't listen to him, he'll be right.

Attached: farfaith-1520006793325.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

You should have been able to side with the cult

CULL THE HERD

the repetitive training missions setting up the actual base assault qaa genius

What do you mean? The mainstream games media and pretty much the entire youtubesphere ignored the real plot of Far Cry 5. They either dismissed it as "nonsense ramblings" or outright failed to notice it. Professional writers refused to pay any heed to anything the Seed said, and then they had the gall to say the ending was unearned and incoherent.

Attached: Foreshadowing for dummies.png (1920x1080, 2.32M)

It was way too predictable though.

>Also the little freedom meter or whatever fills up waay to fast
This. It feels like I missed some side quests and story information.
>Also fuck planes
Also this. Carrying an LMG or RPG is a must when walking out in the open.

>Also the little freedom meter or whatever fills up waay to fast
It's a really delicate balance because if the resistance meter had filled too slowly, people would have accused Ubi of forcing them to grind, and accused them of trying to "force" them to buy microtransactions and shit. I do agree that the story beats are a tad too frequent, but that's probably a side effect of having four antagonists in the same game.

I haven't played yet and don't know how the meter works. How hard will it be to indulge my completionism? Does it rush me through shit?

>hidden
>when Joseph talks about seals after every Seed death
How the fuck is this hidden thats probably the most obvious and in your face shit in the whole game
That man was fucking talking in apocalypse quotes

>Hidden
This is literally baby's first Revelation allegory.

What the fuck is Olgierd von Everec doing in Far Cry 5?

Joseph was just laughable. WHY DID YOU KILL MY FAMILY, WHY ARE YOU SUCH A BEAST. Meanwhile they're happy to kidnap, torture and kill on a widespread scale, yet he acts all surprised when there's repercussions to their actions.
This whole "the player is the real bad, look at how many people you killed!" is really played out and just unbelievable even in this over the top context, when the antagonists are basically religiously motivated mini Hitlers.

new dawn was better

Yea, but Ubisoft waaaaay overestimated how savvy the average gamer is.

In New Dawn after he's had time to simmer down he realized that what happened to them was his fault. He regretted letting them do basically whatever they wanted.

im with you brother. prob my fav next to 3. and new dawn is 3rd favorite.

It doesn't rush you through the game but it kidnaps you out of your experience once a certain threshold is reached, even while you are in a plane for example. Really stupid game design.

>as heck

You're looking at the situation too superficially. You kept opening seals even though you KNEW what it would do. You... you did know, right?

I love hanging out with my animal pals in Primal. The Guns for Hire/Fangs for Hire never felt as tangible because you personally tamed the animal companions in Primal. Sometimes you had to fight a hard battle for their respect, and eventual devotion. In FC/ND, you kinda just luck into them.

I actually enjoyed it thanks to the crafting aspect, I think it fit well in this game. I had more fun with primal than I did with 4 and 5.

yeah but of course i knew that killing violent rednecks in bumfuck nowhere would cause a worldwide nuclear war, it's so obvious from the start ;^)

Thatsthejoke.gif

>it's so obvious from the start ;^)
It's literally the first goddamn line.

When every Seed told you that, "You don't understand what you're really doing, do you?" do you think they were... uh... making shit up for shits and giggles? They were trying to warn you about what was really going on.

Just walk the path.

VII. The Homecoming
The Voice guides the Father to bring his disciples to Hope, the place destined to be our New Garden after the Collapse.
VIII. The Message
The Father and his Heralds begin to share their message with the people of Hope, offering them salvation from the Collapse.
IX. The Sacrament
The Bliss is gifted to disciples who are too full of fear and doubt, elevating them to Angels who can better help prepare for the Collapse.
X. The Threshold
The Father prophesies that the coming of a White Horse is the signal that the Collapse is near.
XI. The Reaping
Chaos swallows the Garden as the First Seal is broken. The heretics fight against the Family as we collect our final harvest of souls and materials goods.
XII. The Collapse
The Seals are opened and fire cleanses the Earth. In the Gates, our Family waits.
XIII. The Garden
After seven years, the Gates are opened to a changed world and the Father's Chosen inherit our New Garden.

Haven't played a far cry game since the first one.

The recent two with US countryside seem comfy; but i'm always afraid of ubi tier quality and writing. Should I take the plunge.

They're religious nutjobs quoting the bible for everything they do and use it as a justification for their atrocities. It doesn't make a lick of sense that the player killing rednecks would trigger a fucking WORLDWIDE NUCLEAR WAR OU

youtube.com/watch?v=TXUByA02uJk
This game is comfy as fuck sometimes.

Attached: 136210182885348.png (237x330, 43K)

Oh for sure. They definitely wanted people to go to John's first, even Dutch suggests it. It's got those fancy transitions during the outpost captured cinematics, psuedo-tutorial segments with flying Nick's plane, and most of the promotional material shows Holland Valley over any of the mountains or the Hagbane.
I liked the concept of the story in Jacob's region, but I don't think it can be properly developed for a AAA title trying to play it safe. Especially in terms of gameplay, Jacob's story segment takes place over weeks and weeks during your captures, but it's presented to us in such a quick timeframe. We never get to properly feel that isolation and conditioning they put Rook under, and if Ubi had tried, people would've hated it for being way too long, way too repetitive ( ha ), and a drag on the pacing. Probably a big weakness inherent in the medium.

Despite John's being the one they wanted us to do first, it sure had the hardest damn bunker. It was a letdown how easy Jacob's was, and Faith's was only annoying because of how inconsistent sliding/crouching under jets of fire were.

>It doesn't make a lick of sense that the player killing rednecks would trigger a fucking WORLDWIDE NUCLEAR WAR OU
You are The Lamb. What part of that is confusing? There is a scroll bound with seven seals. Nobody can open them. The angels are super cut up about that. An angel wonders who is great enough to open them. Then The Lamb steps forward. The Lamb of God. The Lion of Judah. Remember that Joseph Seed believes he is The Lamb. This belief is based on David Koresh's writings. But he's wrong. He's not The Lamb. You are. This is what Faith was trying to tell you just before she died.

"Joseph thinks he's our savior. But you'll be the one who decides what happens. You were the start. You'll be the end."

In the words of The Lamb himself, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Because while the game is completely over the top, it is fucking absurd how the bible is a literal thing all of a sudden and for whatever magical reason, the protagonists of the game are acting it out. Literally magic powers.

>Hunting license just for the funs
Min broder fra en sydlig moder!

It's funny how the fire effects and physics have only been getting worse since 2.

The game is literally a liberation adaptation of the Book of Revelation from the opening scene of the game.

It's like playing a game where the protagonist is named Lazarus, and then being surprised when he dies and gets raised from the dead by his cousin.

How would YOU choose to subtly portray the events of the Book of Revelation in a Far Cry game?

I was so fucking pissed at Jacob Sneeds death sneene. Kidnaps you five times, fills up thise BEAUTIFUL verdant loading screens with his shitty design and crappy quotes, obnoxious boss fight where I ended up flamethrowing all of his goons to smitheroons, and I couldn't even shovel him to death. Thanks Ubisoft you softbellied FAGGOTS

The sad thing about FC5 is it could have been a genuinely spooky game without the goofy mind control drugs and cartoonishly evil cult that go around saying they're just trying to survive the end of the world but go around executing random soccer moms on the side of the road and shit.

should've been an actual RPG open ended style story where your basically dumped in there with no prior connection to any characters, and could've chosen to join the sheriffs or the cult, or a mix of both, with multiple different endings. Ubisoft would never do something that ambitious in a million years though.

>Retards didn't see the ending coming
Lmao, even if you played the entire game drunk on hand sanitizer surely you thought "HMMMMM ALMOST EVERY OTHER GAME IN THIS SERIES HAS HAD A TWIST ENDING, MAYBE THIS ONE WILL TOO". How many times did the antagonists tell you weren't going to be a hero/save everyone?

Because they don't need to as people buy their shit anyway

GAMERS

>nobody posted it yet
youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z6vKuJ6_U

Kino ending 2bh
youtube.com/watch?v=H-26YEPZVBQ&feature=youtu.be&t=320

>People still doubt Joseph was in the right after he gives you literal christian superpowers by eating a magical Apple in New Eden

How do you miss a message this obvious
God exists, Joseph got his message, you're doing gods work now.

Attached: Joseph.jpg (1737x943, 166K)

No, my goverment requires me to keep it in a safe most of the time.

Attached: 1544280896125.jpg (1095x1195, 341K)

>Two versions of every song they wrote
>Sometimes even more depending on the situation
>The licensed soundtrack is fucking baller as well
>You hardly ever hear any of this because they only play in car radios

youtube.com/watch?v=HpBplqhQTV4&list=PLAEXhfWm6Mjv_43lw9hIMIRP9rSCWyC8c&index=29
youtube.com/watch?v=p6PuTFmn_ds&list=PLAEXhfWm6Mjv_43lw9hIMIRP9rSCWyC8c&index=69
Fucking Ubisoft

THis game was trash.
The STILL haven't made any fundemental changes to the shitty gunplay since 3.
Shooting feels like fucking ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=wskTXPW5ad0
>She'll never be my gf and play guitar with me

Attached: 1546739675929.jpg (600x600, 95K)

>any fundamentals to the gunplay
FC5 began using non-hitscan bullets, so you had actually lead and adjust for drop, and bullet penetration I'm pretty sure sucked ass or was nonexistent in the previous titles. I think those are all fairly large and good fundamental changes. And bringing back wounding enemies from FC2 was a good choice, didn't make much sense to have removed it in 3 and 4.
Blind firing still sucks dong since it doesn't actually keep you in cover. I didn't feel like I was using it as often as I did in 3/4 because I was using no reticle + offset aiming, just felt too inaccurate.
>inb4 who uses blind firing
I enjoyed it in 3 since it was piss easy and I felt like it matched with the jungle-y guerilla warfare while playing as a SoCal douchebag.
imo, best reason to call Far Cry trash is for all the fucking FoV zoom-ins thst accompany every goddamn animation. It felt better in 5 since the view model FoV wasn't attrocious, as 4 fucking gave me headaches after mere minutes of mountain climbing, but it was and still is the worst part of the games for me.

Actually three versions of every song. Choir for Holland Valley, not-choir for the Whitetail Mountains, and the "Reinterpretations" for Hagbane River and loading screens.
Would've been nice if we could've at least kept our cars and radios on when you exited them, and had those trucks with speakers do the same while playing whatever was on the radio once we began driving it.

youtu.be/iGPaqmR9U00?t=1m7s

"The Rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening"

Every time Seed, or any kind of "zealot" villains opens their mouth I turn my brain off. It's a lazy, talentless way to write a character. Almost plagiarism

This game had no rain in it. Weird.

>God exists, Joseph got his message, you're doing gods work now.
God almost certainly exists, or at least an entity called The Voice does, but the entire problem with Joseph is that he interpreted its will in a flawed way.