Why was he so weak?

Why was he so weak?

Attached: 6sio727d0ht11.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

because you were already insane strong after beating undyne/ it was a little funny

Who knew about the fourth wall stuff besides Sans and Flowey?

Attached: 1543441282439.jpg (500x410, 45K)

gaster, chara and alphys to a degree

When does Alphys say anything about fourth wall stuff?

Attached: 1544025569492.jpg (900x1192, 334K)

>Genocide could have had 3 great bosses
>nope, two and that's all the content

Do you need more than two? You fight Mettaton like three times in neutral anyway.

Attached: 1554081134179.jpg (1280x1280, 146K)

Will Kris ever get to dick the dragon?

Attached: kris susie.png (680x856, 524K)

Kris is Chara and will probably kill a bunch of monsters, so no.

Attached: 1544285365591.jpg (499x665, 80K)

Undertale was alright in most areas but Genocide was so poorly handled it's embarrassing.
The game, rather than not treating you like a child, opts to constantly beat it over your head the your evil and never fucking shuts up about it
The mode is a fucking slog and I would not be surprised in the slightest if most people who were just doing it without knowing it would get them alternate ending gave up partway through.
The game doesn't even take the time to tell you anything meaningful in this mode lorewise, ad it permanently fucks up your other data if you don't know how to go into the files to reverse it, so you get no fucking incentive outside of achievements or 100% completion
The only positives of his were the two exclusive boss fights but those were too far apart and the middle parts were atrociously boring

he was jobbing

>t. retard who doesn't understand what genocide route is supposed to be
>first point I can see how you feel that way
>It's supposed to be a slog. You aren't supposed to like it, but you still keep going because you "have to".
>It is also intricate and tedious so that you wouldn't just stumble upon it without knowing it existed in the first place. If you wanted to go through a kill everyone route, it would never occur to you to sit around and farm every single monster, you would just kill every monster you come across.

>The mode is a fucking slog
That's literally the point.

You learn a ton of stuff in Genocide that you can't learn otherwise. You learn Sans' motives and more of his history, and you learn about Chara.

Attached: Deltarune.png (2560x1440, 134K)

as a joke

I wish he was a full fledged boss fight though. 3 new bosses would have made Genocide feel more substantive.

>it's supposed to be shit
FUCK OFF. I ca uderstand it being complex and tedious from the start to deter players from accidentallu locking themselves in one, but saying it NEEDED to be tedious is bullshit. I don't write, but I'm sure there was more than a few ways to get across the point of you shouldn't be doing this outside of making it fucking boring. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't have been framed as fun because it's Frisk giving in to Chara's desires for destruction? If anything it should've felt like the right thing to do all along. Maybe make it so that monster patterns get more complex and challenging earlier on, make it so that you get exclusive skills and attacks in this mode, all the while still keeping this air of "you shouldn't be doing this"
You know. subtlety. Something Undertale as a whole doesn't seem to understand
Also it never seems to to imply you HAVE to do this, the game actively goes out of its way to say not to fucking do this multiple times

>Something Undertale as a whole doesn't seem to understand
Honestly considering how people still complain about most monsters Frisk in-universe without actually learning the in-game reason, it might actually be valid

It's because that's his anti-human mode, and by that time you're no longer human. Sans jokes about it, but Asgore doesn't even realize you're human despite having met and killed six of them.

Attached: 1543990747982.gif (750x450, 642K)

Sans' motives I give you, because I forgot about him whole spiel durig his fight, but what do we learn about Chara that we didn't already? Even the murderous malice could be implied from how Chara lashed out at the villagers only for the goat kid (I can't believe I forgot his name, fuck me) holding him back; as told to you on your way to fight Asgore

>I would not be surprised in the slightest if most people who were just doing it without knowing it would get them alternate ending gave up partway through.
That's a bit of a useless statement, no one does geno accidentally. It's designed to be a slow, premeditated, and deliberate process.
The genocide route is totally just a contingency that makes good on the choice to kill or spare enemies, with some extra fights for your bother. I wouldn't be surprised if complaints like yours are why Deltarune looks to be getting rid of it.

Attached: 1544310278985.gif (264x177, 8K)

Toby couldn't be fucked to make a second phase to the boss fight.

He couldn't be fucked to make a first phase to the boss fight.

That was't meant as a whole criticism , just as a knock against how it stayed that way for most if the mode well after you should know what you're doing, but I worded that horribly, so let me clarify

Chara is only ever mentioned in True Pacifist, you know nothing about him until you meet him in Genocide. Nothing about his motives is clear until then.

Attached: 1554249360964.png (1044x1920, 2.47M)

Is there anymore of these gifs?

Attached: GoldenRune.gif (600x560, 239K)

Are you sure? I could've sworn the text about Asriel (finally remembered) holding him back was on the neutral route as well
If not, discard that entire part of my argument then, it's been like two years since I played it

Well in that case, I also just think it's pretty great how there's no shortcut to killing everything besides /killing everything/.
I have no real reason why, I suppose.

Chara is mentioned only in Alphys' Lab, when it's revealed that the name you put in the new game screen isn't the player character, and the PC is named Frisk. Even then, that's all you learn. I think at some point Asgore mentions that Chara "wasn't a good person" or something like that, but gives no details.
Probably, but I don't have them.

Attached: 1550100189798.jpg (920x1680, 342K)

The point of genocide route is basically the point of Drakengard. Except done poorly because Undertales genocide route doesn't allow you to kill kids

>I could've sworn the text about Asriel holding him back was on the neutral route as well
The story the monsters give you in neutral is that God Asriel delivered the human's body to the human village and was almost killed by humans without fighting, even though he could've killed them.
Later, when you talk to Asriel during the Pacifist ending, you learn that he was the one holding Chara back from killing all the humans at that moment.

So, how the hell does a dead kid can possibly kill all humans?

Thanks for the clarification. Discard that point then.

Attached: deoxys gives up.png (4458x2331, 768K)

He meant Chara's soul, which was inside of him.

God Asriel is Asriel and Chara sharing a body. Chara's determination is so strong that he could take over, kinda like the human souls Asriel absorbs during the neutral ending.

Also Asgore, to some degree as well

because toby is a fucking lazy hack, he skipped 3 bosses because "OMG YOU ARE SO STRONG AND EVIL", imagine how great would it be to have all bosses in genocide, even if its a little cringe i like those edgy fan animations of missing genocide boss battles, it honestly just feels incomplete and rushed

Attached: 8.png (325x334, 10K)

Papyrus literally cannot comprehend someone as evil as a genocide human, so he had to be cut. Mettaton's anti-human features don't work because you're no longer human by that point, you're pure evil. And Asgore would be a joke after Sans.

Genocide is not a legitimate route. the FANS gave it the name. So it sounds more important than it is. But in fact, it was never meant to be a real portion of the game. Toby stuck some extras in there, for those autistic enough to kill ever last monster. But it is not the core experience of the game. Never was, never will be.

All he needed was some human compassion you monster. Everyone is a little lonely at some point. Everyone wants to feel like a celebrity,to be loved to have people cheer you on.

>But it is not the core experience of the game. Never was, never will be.
Then either Toby was lying or you grossly misunderstand the game. From the very beginning, Undertale was advertised as a game in which you could either kill or spare the monsters. Obviously with this knowledge, there would be some players who would go all or nothing, so why the fuck would Toby make only HALF a game in which one of the advertised routes has no payoff if you see it all the way to the end?

Attached: EA1CF098-67FF-41D1-9F59-639F5F554A8A.jpg (1173x750, 139K)

No, you've misunderstood. The official tagline, is "UNDERTALE! The RPG game where you don't have to destroy anyone."
The push, the unique feature, is that you DON"T have to kill, if you don't want to. There was never an inventive to kill all the monsters.

Hell, even if you decided you wanted to kill monsters, there was no indication that monster spawns were finite. As far as the player could tell, it was just like any other RPG with random encounters,where enemies would come forever.

No, Genocide route is only for those willing to test the extremes of the game, AFTER they've had the core experience. No one attempts genocide, without prior knowledge.