SEKIRO HELP THREAD

Sekiro Help Thread

Attached: 362564564.jpg (1200x514, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/EnticingBlightedWalrusTwitchRaid
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=73975026
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can't seem to get lightning reversal to work reliably. Does it mess it up if you already pressed R1 in midair before the lightning struck you? Do you have to be struck on the way up of the jump only, and if you get struck as you are falling at all you will not have time to reverse it?

Hello again anons, it's the user who's been having input lag (and now, another) issues.

I'm playing on PC, with a wireless XB1 controller. 1060 card. Windowed mode. I have anywhere from 1/2 to 2/3 second input lag. Notes:

>THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING IN SEKIRO, NOT ONE OF THE 387 OTHER STEAM GAMES i OWN EXPERIENCE INPUT LAG (including the Souls games and even Nioh - I just tested these out last week) - it's not the contoller
>I've tried several graphics options in Sekiro, no change
>I've tried a few options in nVidia Control Panel (like turning VSync OFF) - no change
>an user last week suggested changing resolution from 1440 to 1080, so I tried this - no change
>another user suggested changes mentioned in an nVidia thread - these can't work for me, as upon investigation I don't have the options available

One of the last things I tried actually fixed input lag: changing to fullscreen (again, via Sekiro). That worked. No input lag! However, going fullscreen has caused a completely different issue: I'm guessing due to the HDR mode that gets enabled in fullscreen, when I closed out of Sekiro I found that all my color setups on my desktop/windows were all jacked up. The color/contrast/brightness/gama/etc were aaaaall off, and I had to spend a good 20+min readjusting my color setup. After, just to be sure it was Sekiro and not some ghost nVidia update, I reopened Sekiro and closed it - all my colors were jacked up, again.
>LATEST UPDATE: now I've found out that when I'm in fullscreen but HDR is OFF, I get input lag again. So, the only way for me to play is fullscreen with HDR on, which (as mentioned above) jacks up all my display coloring.

SO. I've been waiting patiently for a patch to drop, no luck. I've been posting here and other boards, no luck. I've been searching forums and posts all over the web for this issue, no luck. I'm not playing wired when I haven't had to for ANY other game, and I'm not playing in fullscreen when that jacks up my display. So, I'm boned.

The big fat drunk guy in the first memory locks up my PC if I use the fire prosthetic on him? Is it just because of the poison effect he spews out?

nobody cares

I'm about to right guardian ape for the second time.
Yea Forums says he's one of the hardest except the final two bosses.

Any advice before I start? Don't care about spoilers.

Attached: 1554338190498.gif (600x338, 1.3M)

Can someone tell me how the fuck do you get to the far right sides of the foutainhead temples?!

One on the left has a broken bridge and the other one is wear the carp is but there a no grapple points to get up there and i didn't seee any underwater caves that lead there

If you're talking about the second fight with him in the cave be ready for him to bring along a friend. You don't have to kill it but it's a good idea to try to do it anyway.

If you don't know already you can do huge posture damage if you parry the massive overhead sword swing and then use the spear on his neck, it'll rip out the centipede.

you need to swim around to _____________git gud_________________

I've got a question about the arm spear. Who is it useful against? You introduce a spear that's good at ripping off armor then have it do jack shit against the I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE guy on the bridge.

I HAVE ASCENDED

Attached: 20190404192908_1.jpg (1920x1080, 443K)

just kys at this point

This dude just sucks at the game, 100%

Wait so where the fuck is foutainhead located from Ashina?

You can see Ashina castle from Mt Kongo,but cant see shit from Foutainhead

I just got to lady butterfly, killed her once and then she's back... idk, I don't find this very fun.

Do I do both attacks one after the other or is simply using the spear by jumping and hitting his head enough?

>still hasn't figured out how to get rid of armoured knight
real brainlet hours

It's an area "of the gods" or some shit so it probably isn't there in reality

The pro strat for her phase 2 is when she jumps in the air you ___git___ gud____

is wolf retarded? is there a way to make him know who the demon of hatred when talking to the old woman?

Frankly I dislike that many bosses have a hidden second health bar. I'd rather we see all the heath bars from the get go and then they just enter new forms as the fight progresses.

Only exception is the ape, he can keep his hidden form.

fat fucks
fat fuck bosses
headless monkeys that fall down

I feel like there must be, maybe you just have to keep giving the dude sake to progress his story?

Thats weird becaseu after the strawman picks up sekiro he only walks a few steps away and is at fountain head.

I did manage to take him out without any trouble, I just tried using the spear on him first because his armor was all that was protecting him and the talked about using the spear to remove armor.

You need to parry the sword attack where he stands on his hind legs and poses for a second before smashing it down on you. This will stun him and cause him to fall over. Then press RT or whatever your tool button is twice to stab his neck with the spear and then pull it back out.

you again, fix your shit PC or get another one

I figured it out second try but it is pretty retarded that they go out of their way to tell you that the spear is good at removing armor from enemies and it doesn't do that.
Just japan things

What's the point of these threads?

I did find that very weird. Giant strawman shows up out of nowhere, walks two steps and falls over. You think that'd be something people would have noticed.

>From Software needs to fix their shit game

It's anti-cheesing technology developed by from. Your game will crash if it detects you cheating.

Based on some of the responses it's to bully people who are stuck.

What is the intended method of killing Sechino Warrior? The terror shaman in Abandoned Depths. Pacifying Agent isn't enough to tank all his shit and he's too evasive to posture break simply. Theres too many terror orbs that are as fast or faster than you and he has an AOE terror around him. Seems invincible. But a friend told me I should've gone through here already (I've done butterfly, genichiro, panel monkeys)

You want to jump up right before it's going to hit you, that way you are in mid-air when it makes contact with you. That way you have enough time to spam R1 on your way down to redirect it.

how do I beat headless without purple shield cheese?

Divine Confetti makes it so your attacks actually hurt him
Game doesn't tell you that it's almost mandatory
Same deal for the Headless except they're MUCH more bullshit

Works on my machine :)

You can get the shield upgrade that blocks spirit damage to get close to him, and there's a move called "projected force" or something to that effect that you can use with the shield to stun him.

Step 1: get anti air deathblow from black hat badger
Step 2: put divine confetti on your katana
Step 3: win

I killed him first try by just parrying. What is the secret senpai?

took me like 20 tries to beat the drunkard, and now i'm at the butterfly lady, but enough for today
i just can't get the hang of it

just dont get hit m8
If you can't consistently parry, run around, wait for her to attack and than land 1 or 2 hits

>can't consistently parry
Just mash LB bro. That might not be his problem. It's probably the second form bullshit projectiles that's fucking him.

Read the description, it specifies that it only rips off poorly-fitting armor.

Attached: Actually.png (700x700, 21K)

Not sure if you are here but w/e
>how did he not just dash into you as you ran and catch your ankle with one of his massive horizontal swing,
They are not that big
then continue on to wail on your back w/ the rest of his combo (because it's so much harder to escape when you get hit in the back while running)?
You can block the second strike easily and should try to jump away from the rest of the combo if he starts doing it
>Mostly I just dodge behind him when he did certain moves and attacked his back to win.
There is your problem, you must hit his front or side without fear , hell you can even eat up the anti-healing fumes and be ok

Attached: 1543445379418.jpg (1200x675, 57K)

>tfw cheated on isshin
I wasnt gonna make it

Attached: 6C5C0254-CBD5-4E8C-B372-53D5794F039F.jpg (480x480, 14K)

What do here? I can hear a monkey but I can't see it.

Attached: 20190404_212336.jpg (2452x1730, 2.44M)

so some people have said that if you hurt a headless enough the fog that slows you down weakens a bit, but I've killed a headless and always felt like nothing changed, do you have to get it's health down to 1 or what

go to your left

Drop to your left and make the monkey do something, either by whistle or backstab + puppeter ninjutsu

>spend 90% of the time hating the game
>spend the other 10% absolutely loving it
>Can't stop playing no matter how mad i get

Anyone else?

>use Ichimonji Double
>boss doesn't block it and eats the hit to vitality
>this makes them retaliate faster and you can't come out of the animation fast enough to deflect/dodge
fugggg

Mist raven that shit

I'm so fucking bad at this game. I managed to beat Butterflies first form, got really excited, and then she went into a second form and I got BTFO'd. Unfortunately I died on her like 5 times now and people have dragonrot. I like the game but I wish dying wasn't so bad feeling.

Attached: 20190404204610_1.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

Is there a type of new game+ where difficulty doesnt increases? I accidently hit SHURA ending and want to play again with all my stuff, but do not want it to be hard

I love the Ichimonji Double but fuck me is it risky
There really is way too much of a delay on the second part

I took so long on isshin, but even when I could play something else or do something relaxing I couldn't help but keep trying, winning that fight legit was worth all of the frustration

Dragonrot doesn't matter, don't let it bother you

I feel you. The bosses in Souls games were never the draw for me. I much prefer just wandering around and exploring. Of course, Sekiro is filled with bosses/mini bosses, and I'm terrible at the combat. Also, I'm not very far in the game, but so far, Mount Senpou is the only interesting part of the game.

Some bosses will always try to block one, if not both, hits, but some bosses require you to delay the startup to the skill so that you force them to block it.

Bros, I'm a fucking brainlet
>get dragon rot
>go talk to Emma, she asks me to get some blood
>get blood from the old lady and give it to Emma
>she makes a dragon tear and tells me to use it in front of the idol
>me being a brainlet, I "use" it by pressing up on the d-pad in front of the idol and waste it
when can I get another one to cure the rot?

Attached: brainlet.jpg (379x250, 15K)

I got her in under 4 tries and I spent 2 hours on the unchained ogre

Jump away when she summons butterflies

Run laps around the arena when she summons illusions until they go

Play extremely defensively

Buy one for 180 not-souls from almost any merchant.

anything I should do before I pray at the fountainhead? I already beat owl 2

there's actually people that need help playing a game? jesus christ

Attached: 1553819459749.png (720x720, 479K)

How much time did you spend on it before cheating?

Alright i have reached the end of foutainhead and im looking at some woman.

Who is she and what does she do?
If she is the start of endgame then i need to grind a bit more before i continue on

:)

Wait, you can just use them? What do they do?

hunt for treasure carps

What should I take care of/stock up on before NG+
I've already gotten all the prayer beads and tool upgrades that I can get.

What's the maximum amount if attack power I can have on guardian ape

How are you supposed to do the pot nobles and blackhat quests on NG+? You can't buy out their inventory because they have infinite items in stock now.

Attached: tfw no shota.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

I killed that one dude that shoots purple orbs and got a dagger thing
what do i do with it?

how about reading its description, dumbass

all the descriptions in the game are unnecessarily long with a bunch of fluff

I gave him as much sake as I could and eavesdropped on him and Emma before the ministry invasion, then I talked to him so he'd mention that he wants Wolf to be the one to kill him when it's time since he doesn't want to make Emma do it. Wolf went into the battle wondering, "Sculptor?"

grab all the lapis lazuli you can. 2 sold by the carp seller in fountain head and 1 dropped by the shichimen warrior there too.

Lads, any tips in dealing with Corrupted Monk? He has only 1 HP bar but I'm doing like NO damage whatsoever and his posture is just endless.

never mind, found out it's completely worthless

If only there was an item that lets you do more damage to ghosts

Snap Seeds and Divine Confetti.

NG+++ player here. Ask for any tips if you need them.

This is my first time popping into a Sekiro thread as I've wanted to avoid spoilers. Game is fantastic but I have a quick question (which has probably been asked a million times before). What exactly do they mean by Shura? Do they fear Sekiro is going to become a god of war?

How do I get a cute shota bf?

Confetti, hit them from behind
Use snap seeds and/or firecrackers to stun them.
Do enemies get more posture in NG+?

I'm gay btw, not sure if it matters

Snap seeds
Confetti

Alternatively git gud and learn how to circle dash. You're going to be fighting a very similar boss with three health bars in a few hours.

Ashina cross or shadow rush?

Are there any prayer beads that I can't get in NG+ or anything? I'm at the end about to fight the final boss, and I just don't feel like running around looking for the remaining beads yet

Attached: 13689034589233.gif (427x240, 761K)

Just buy an infinite and keep talking. If they don't say anything different buy another.

Will Dragonrot kill NPCs if left untreated? NPCs getting tuberculosis because I keep fucking up made me feel bad.

If you're missing minibosses, then idk why you wouldn't want to get those at least.
And beads you got on the first playthrough are replaced by moneybags or items.

Have you tried Kaldaien's mod?
It has some fixes for the HDR.

The only thing dragonrot does is prevent NPC quests from advancing. You can't miss out on anything important from not doing their quests.

Wew lads, you were supposed to use confetti on him? I beat him jsut fine without it, was I overlevelled or some shit?

Prayer Beads are not permanently missable on NG+. There are some that are missable in individual runs though, like you can kill the Lone Shadow miniboss in the new version of the Hirata Estate and basically abort him before you can fight him over by the Snake God Shrine.

You don't need confetti, but it helps. I beat Monk without it as well.

I'm getting filtered so hard by Snake Eyes in Sunken Valley. I dont think they're necessary but still. Their grab attack is the most asinine bullshit I've encountered in the game and overall her strike attacks' parry windows seem off. I haven't had this much trouble since Shinobi Hunter when I didnt know how to play.

see I'm used to Souls so I always forget that you can jump after getting hit in the back like that and then parry in midair instantly. When he catches me in the foot while sprinting away, I usually just do a timed recovery roll to try and escape the next hit, as if you try to block/parry, you will not turn around in time and will just eat the next hit

About 3 hours tops

how the FUCK do i beat mist noble

Attached: me old chum.png (250x308, 85K)

Jump backwards on their grab, then go back to being on the offensive

What do you do with the snakes heart?
The dry one

>Their grab attack is the most asinine bullshit I've encountered in the game
I've seen people complain about the Snake Eyes grab attack a lot and I just don't get it, just jump back or even walk back as soon as you see the sign and you'll never be touched by it. It took me a lot of tries to beat Snake Eyes but that attack was never an issue.

you can actually parry their grabs but it's safer to just jump backwards

as someone who just tonight figured out how to beat snake eyes, lemme tell you how to win.

go for deflects, and attack once or twice once you deflect. it cancels her windup for her next attack and makes her reset.

deflect, attack, repeat. if she goes for the shot, dodge that shit. if she goes for the grab, DELAY your dodge. that's the best advice i can give.

be aggressive, parry into a swing, and DELAY.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I KILLED THIS STUPID FUCKING MONK WITHOUT A SINGLE GAY ASS ITEM
ASHINA SWORDSMANSHIP YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEA

You can use stealth and poison to great effect.
Honestly I think the game wants you to cheese her.

Mfw third round of Genichiro after I thought I killed him using both revives and 8 gourd refills

How do I get gud?

Attached: shaq-instagram-face-swap.png (527x767, 380K)

If I made it to the Demon Bell Tower before fighting a boss in Sengpou Temple, did I miss a boss?

There's a mini-boss in the bridge next to it if you haven't fought it already.

Go back to the shugendo idol, there's another way through those cliffs to get where you're actually supposed to go.

It's a dead end side area.
Senpou proper is left at the castle idol.

Thanks

Honestly, master his first phase and dont get hit at all with the lighting

>8 Gourd refills at Genichiro
How the fuck? I had like 4. Anyway, his third phase is intimidating but it's just an expansion on what you already know, the biggest threat is his lightning but just jump to take the hit in midair and press R1/RB before you hit the ground to counter it and send it back at him. It's a tough fight but the good thing is that as you practice in those first two phases you're getting better at the third.

Is this a joke? Jump down on him for the first Deathblow and immediately start wailing on him until he dies. He never gets the chance to attack and I'm not even sure what he does.

I just gave the loli the book, killed the ape, got the flower and have 2 snek hearts. How do I not screw up the best ending? I don't think she asked me to do anything yet but I feel like I'm nearing a point of no return with all these mcguffins.

God. Fuck off, already.

u need it for alternate ending route.

Restores your use of resurrection if you died recently and haven't deathblowed anything yet.

Must be, his attacks are insanely slow, weak, and he fucking collapses after each animation.

Did lots of exploring, realized the only way I can progress meaningfully through the game was by fighting this dude. I hate boss fights.

protect kuro and you should be fine.
If u have all the stuff required you choose the ending.

I'd disagree with the other user that says to play defensively in the second phase. Right when she lands in front of the statue, hit her once or twice and desperately try to keep hitting her and have her fighting you at all costs. Use Shurikens when she dodges back, if you are aggressive enough she will not summon her ghosts or shoot the butterflies. While it is tough to get her to not summon through the whole fight, you should at least try to get her posture high enough so that you can run around the area avoiding the butterflies and coming back to hit her some more.

>man this village is easy
>reach the graveyard
LET ME GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just killed all the apes today. Feels good.

Attached: 1554314701986.jpg (750x559, 53K)

Not very far in, just now got a thingy to cure the dragonrot and bring my unseen aid back up. Are these things rare, or can they be farmed infinitely?

Attached: 1369872864436.jpg (600x445, 52K)

FUCK FAGGOT OF HATRED AND ISSHIN SPEAR I SWEAR SPEARS ARE BROKEN IN THIS GAME

Limited amount but it takes more and more deaths to trigger it everytime you cure it. I think I ended my first playthrough with 12 of them and had to cure it only twice. Don't worry about it.

Keep eating rice.

Neat, thanks user. Now I just have to stop sucking at the game.

Attached: 1390689489634.jpg (2848x2136, 679K)

I did without. I just used red sword. It does a lotta health dmg and was enough to halt speedy posture recover. Posture killed.

>Don't go that way dawg or bad shit will happen to you if those monks get their hands on you

Was that just flavour text or is there genuinely a consequence for dying in the Senpou Temple area?

Attached: 1554391360751.jpg (550x400, 50K)

Jist flavor. She didn't know you were immortal. Most people who die there would get experimented on and/or have a centipede shoved up their ass.

She's such a nice girl why does she have to be in pain all the time and eating dumb snake livers.
Also all Kuro wants is open a tea shop.
Stop bullying the kids Miyazaki what the hell

Snake, monk, monkeys, bow guy, butterfly, my name is. Do you start with one? If so 7

Just beat NG+3 Ishhin without charm and bell rung and I still can't figure out how to do his 2nd phase.
I get through Genichiro and his first form without chugging any estus but attempting to get up in his face and be aggressive during the spear phase ends up with me eating dirt every time. Eventually I give up and run around like a bitch, swinging once every time he does the overhead slam.

I had to get used to not be a greedy fuck because everytime i had a chance to hit isshin he just channeled one of his spear attacks and it wont cancel, so i just get fucked.

>O'Rin
Literally fucking how do I beat her?

I'm only gonna beat this game when they make a mod to remove Genichiro before Isshin. I hate fighting that faggot every time I want to have a go against grandpa. He's easy and all but still pain in the ass to waste my time on him. They could have made him a 3 lives boss, and then Isshin, that would have been cool.

What do these mean?

Look at the funny little markings underneath the picture; they're called words.

if you want some cheese, while she's an npc jump on her and get a free backstab

Senpou temple or monkey valley first? Which way easier?

Cheers m80

For the sake of my son....

Attached: Lay Down Your Sword.png (1046x555, 1.22M)

How do I beat the blue skull slinging "magician" before you drop down into the abyss? He has a shit ton of health, should I even do it on 4 gourds and 3 attack? I just can't get to him, and the fight would take a shit ton of time.

Also, I remember seeing an area far off and a piece of paper saying something about "don't go there, the headless can't be killed. We tried". How do I get there?

Also, people won't die because of the curse right? I don't have to cure them immediately?

Put

Attached: 814380_20190324152115_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.23M)

Ok so I'm at ashina castle now. Upper tower idol. What prosthetics should I have by now? I have the crow, flame, firecracker,axe, and shiruken prosthetics.

You're missing a couple in the area.

Inside the castle, at the Dojo idol, jump down to the bottom and there's a chest with a poison dagger prosthetic.

If you go past the castle, to the reservoir, you'll show up in the area you started the game in. Go inside the the house to the left and you'll find a spear as well.

Damn, dude there are people that said they were grinding for seven.
You need patience.

I thought the Divine Dragon was supposed to be hard, I just one shot him

for the first question, you'll want a bunch of Divine Confetti and anti-air deathblow
second when you reach the final treebranch look for some grabble walls downward
lastly no you don't need to they don't die but you might have to to continue sidequests

It's a meme fight.

The atmosphere is fantastic though.

Attached: 814380_20190403211640_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.14M)

No one has ever said that Divine Dragon is hard, it's literally just a glorified cutscene fight.

Literally no one has ever called him hard. He's a setpiece boss. A damn good one at that.

W E W lads, just absolutely bodily cuckolded Owl's dirty dredhead ass. Almost too easy considering his tiny moveset and second phase being almost identical to the first.

for the second one I meant ones that have white marks on them where you can physically grab onto them. For the third I meant they will never die but you can't progress there side quests if they have dragonrot

Are those any good. So far I like the firecracker

The game becomes so much easier once you can recognize thrusts from their stance, and counter with the appropriate action.

I just don't know how to dodge some attacks. Doing a new NG with the bell and so many of Ape's attacks for example make no sense to dodge to me like the big overhead jump in phase 2 or any of his grabs if you're already attacking when he starts it up. I feel so old playing this.

Well the dagger can deal poison damage, which can hurt a lot of minibosses and mobs.

The spear deals decent posture damage, especially on guardian ape phase 2

Holy shit fuck these blue samurai guys I can't beat them 2v1 I have to sneak up behind them but there's a part where I have to fight 2 at once and they fuck my shit up

HELP

Use bloodsmoke

armored dude became a lot easier when I realized I could just walk (not dodge) to the side and avoid most his attacks. Didn't even think to use the spear.

I've got a couple of things that might help sekiro players

Attached: pro tip.png (768x432, 585K)

I still have no idea what you're talking about

so isshin is the tengu, right?

Honestly Isshin wasn't that hard, as long as you're good a parries you'll be fine. Demon of Hatred on the other hand...

Attached: 1554345193846.jpg (764x472, 350K)

Basically yes, same shit as Akuma.

The fuck is that

is genichiro really just r1 + l1 spam? do i really need to grind to get ichimonji double or shadowrush?

Once you have water breathing, check the water to the left right before centipede boss in senpou for a tome. Give that to rice girl and she will lead you to everything else, make sure you save your persimmons.

No, just get good at parrying and being aggressive.

im on PC and i wanna see all endings, do i just backup my save before the fight against owl?
all i have to do to revert is copy and paste my backup or is there an extra step?

>just japan things
*laughs in invincible Anglo*

You get that after

There arent any pairs where you cant sneak attack one of them. Try being sneakier

Wolf basically acknowledges this after isshin calls him sekiro. Emma also had comments that indicate pretty clearly that he is.

Genichiro will be the fight where the combat clicks for you. The game is about clashing swords with your enemy and breaking down their posture until they're vulnerable for a fatal blow.

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.03.25 - 23.29.13.58.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

How the fuck do I do headless(es) without divines?
How the fuck do I do the spooky skeleton head summoners?

Attached: 1465121430158.jpg (400x324, 66K)

Will I miss out on anything if I skip the 2ape fight?

How so? I just met him for the first time.

Divine Confetti

No but axe really helps a lot to get that last push. You should use that instead since it is just as fast and has super armor.

Is it wrong that I'm sneaking around mgs style fucking shit up and taking down one phase of some bosses like this?

I also spam firecracker and get my hits in that way. I took down the Lance and butterfly like this.

>Isshin in the Shura ending just kicking my ass all over the place
>realize the flame shield + special attack shits all over his floor is lava attack

all bosses beat, now to just get the other endings, all upgrades, and skill points.

Nope, you're a Shinobi in a Tenchu first game. You're fine.

Plus you'll need that sneakan around for the endgame

Tengu is the one who nicknamed him sekiro.
Isshin calls Sekiro and after that wolf goes "you're...."

When Emma is in room with Isshin later she is concerned that the tengu will appear again if there is an invasion... because she is his doctor and concerned for his well being.

for headless without divine you need the purple shield, for the purple wizards you either get divines or you get really good with your shield, when he goes invisible dont follow him our you instadie, you have to rush him so he doesnt cast his magic shit

>all bosses beat
>shura
user..

Fuck, the game is too kino right now but I have to sleep and go to work.

Attached: IMG_20190405_001805.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

Headless with no confetti is pretty aids. Just hold off until you get final whistle upgrade and access to extended merchant inventories.

For Sushimen, pop confetti, and pacifying agent and run up to them and just wail on them. When they teleport you need to be prepared to deflect or run sideways from their beam. Then wail on them again. They do a melee attack every so often so be prepared to deflect. When theyre in the air floating you can use anti air deathblow to instantly shred a life bar. As long as you keep confetti up and be aggressive the terror orbs wont really do much to you.

What is the mask fragment dragon for

Monk 1 is a very "balanced" boss with pretty predictable tells, you won't need to use divine confetti if you learn her patterns. Unless you have hardly any attack power at that point you should be able to do some decent posture damage with Mikiri, because she finishes her slow attack combo with a thrust almost every time. Learn the telegraphs of both her jump attacks so you know whether to just dodge or get your guard up. When she opens with a sweep she always chains it into another combo. Try goomba stomping her when jumping over a sweep attack for some extra posture damage.

Monk is probably one of the best designed bosses in the game.

They're two different dudes actually, the one at the shrine is pissed at Wolf cause he killed the one at the Hirata Estate, which means that some of the second memory bell shit must have actually happened

>see thrust attack coming
>go to start spamming dash
>their windup lasts too long and now you're right in front of them so it doesn't work

Attached: 1471592254881.jpg (448x545, 32K)

I've been stuck on the part early on around the first 7 spears guy. The rooftop area with all the ninja guys that do nothing but flip around and throw knives at you. I can't figure out how to approach it. There only seems to be one path through the area and that one path instantly alerts all 500 of them, then they start throwing magic homing knives from all directions.
I've been here for two days

Attached: 1540752101048.jpg (540x581, 52K)

You find 3 mask fragments and get a mask that lets you exchange skill points for attack upgrade at idols.

Literally just dodge backward from the grabs. Stop playing this like a souls game where you can just dodge into attacks. Other than that just close the distance when possible and be ready to block when she kicks, because she always shoots after a kick. Her melee swings are piss easy to deflect.

just run past them and jump in the open window

I hate how I can reliably counter most stuff but I 99% of the time jump away and take a hit when I see them thrusting.

stop being such a preemptive pussy

in those areas there's holes in the ceilings you can use to get the drop on them/flee like a coward A Shinobi knows the difference between honor and victory

Purple shield is way easier for both.
>no need for consumables
>no terror
>no getting hurt
>super armor for projected force
>gets stronger with each hit it takes, big damage for one spirit emblem

The one in dungeon is really the only hard one because you cant have extra emblems until you beat him.

Get the goomba stomp cheese backstab, then just stand still and focus on deflecting, she'll break posture after like 10 seconds of attacking you if get all the deflections

You can get the headless stuck in a loop if you manage you get behind it. You have to run, or at least shuffle a bit faster, around the headless, and he'll just do a turn with a slight pause, allowing you a single hit.

The summoners you really need the purple shield. make's a world of difference. Also, apparently the anti-air deathblow works on the fuckers but I've never gotten the damn thing to work

3 deathblows? How the FUCK?

Attached: Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice-Demon-of-Hatred-1.jpg (440x290, 26K)

The bird looking guys? Just r1 spam them until they perfect parry, then r1 spam some more. They wont throw shurikens at close range. Upgraded stealth helps taking them out 1 by 1.

was I supposed to get behind cavesnake with mist prostethic and get locked in ?

It was on NG+

Oh I beat her a while ago, but thanks user. Currently getting my ass absolutely handed to me by the Corrupted Monk.

Funny, they eat shit to their own tech. Just use nightjar slash. Their posture is kind of pathetic.
They are manageable as long as you dont aggro too many at once and are careful of when you aggro the black guys riding the kites.

They are also easy to set on fire.

I've never played a Souls game before. Can I play this, or should I start with an earlier game?

purple flamethrower + final prosthetic art = infinite confetti

There's a way out the back, takes you to Ashina Depths.

And you were meant to puppeteer the monkey, but that works

all phases are pretty similar
spam malcontent on the last one and stay close to him at all times

Guardian Ape is the best designed boss in the game. Don’t even @ me

You may be right. Never really use the shield. Didnt know it stored damage. How do use it exactly other than just holding it up to block stuff?

Wow that worked. I don't know how much I like this game.

That's what I was doing but they just randomly get a hit in and I can't figure out why. I tried switching to fighting them smarter but their movements are so random and weird looking it's easier to just aggressively pin them down.

I don't know what a nightjar is. My problem is I keep aggroing too many at once. I was getting past the first kite guy every time just fine but as far as I can tell there's no angle on that roof that doesn't result in aggroing 4 of them. Whatever, just ran past.

This isn't connected to the Souls series. You can start by playing this one.

They are not really that similar. Souls is definitely easier and will lay some groundwork for playing this game, but the approach is much different in sekiro.

Sekiro is fine to start with. It similar in ways to Souls, but plays a lot differently, so no prior experience required. The game teaches you everything you need to know.

This is probably the easiest and best to get into first desu. Vastly different combat and you won’t have to “unlearN anything.

Just remember: hesitation is defeat.

After the room where the okami men are cannibalizing the women go outside and grapple to the top of that building and you'll find it.

It is disappointing how easy it is to run past a lot of enemy encounters, and there are times where that just seems like the best option, but remember that you'll be losing out of money, skill points, and any items that you skip too. I wasn't too sure about the game at that point either, but the boss you're about to fight soon (Genichiro) was when the gameplay really clicked for me and I started to have more fun with the game. Keep going for now.

Hold to block, lasts until posture breaks. As far as I know it doesnt go back down while it's out, fair trade if you ask me.

If you have projected force press R1 to do a super armor attack. If you eat enough attacks with it, you will see it start steaming and it will do more damage on that hit.

Upgraded versions let you press L1 to spin and do a deflect while keeping shield up. Seems pointless, I'd rather just get more free purple attacks.

I noticed some bosses hard counter it. True monk for instance will keep spamming until your posture breaks or you super armor attack her and eat damage.

>is it wrong i'm using a game mechanic specifically designed for its intended purpose?
no
this isn't a soulsborne game, you have no honor, you're a fucking ninja

It's a combat art from prosthetic style.

Sorry, the thing is each deflect spin costs another emblem. Meant to say this.

Attached: You have been visited by Based Kite Man of WOOOOooooo.jpg (1080x720, 254K)

If anything jumping into this without any Souls experience will be a big help, it took a few hours for me to shake the Souls pattern of trying to roll through danger and get to grips with parrying being the primary tool.

I stopped playing this game because the input lag. The jump is fucking weird in this game too

Alright, sounds good. I hope my PC is decent enough for this game. Also I need to wait for a sale because poorfag.

wwwwooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>mfw dying on the first phase of Isshin a million times

Holy fuck this guy is SO QUICK

Attached: 1494195420830.png (832x868, 371K)

Not him but Monk 1 just seems like it fucking cheats. I literally just did a Mikiri Counter and not only did it do zero posture damage but the bar went down to nothing almost immediately after.

why doesn't mikiri counter work against genichiro's thrust?? i keep deflecting it but not mikiri

>mfw I beat her on my first try
She left with little hp and no pumpkins so I had to parry her like 10 times in a row to beat her. It felt so damn good

Does the posture bar work how it says it does or is it just a fake cutscene bar? I'll get a bunch of good parries on something and the bar will fill all the way up, I'll wail on it and the bar won't budge because it's full already but it won't stagger. It will get to half health, it won't stagger. I'll get a bunch more parries, no stagger. Then once it's right at almost no health it will finally stagger to a dinky little poke. This mainly happens with larger enemies like the big fat club dudes or the tall armorless samurai.

Attached: 1538114439197.png (618x884, 374K)

See i feel like a lot of the prosthetic upgrades have very specific uses that i or maybe a lot of others dont know about that couldve made my playthrough easier. I found out O Rin can take a huge chunk of posture damage if you get a full Sabimaru combo on her. You can also use spear on headless ape after you deflect its vertical slice for massive posture damage. Had no idea about these on first playthrough. The only prosthetics i used consistently through the entire game was shuriken and firecracker.

you don't deflect for mikiri, you dodge towards the thrust. Make sure he's not doing a sweep instead.

i am going toward him, i just get slashed when he does his forward attack. i have the same issue with longswordsman, can't mikiri his kick for some reason.

>play sekiro straight through to the last boss in like 2 days
>take like 3 days off because get annoyed at rape ape
>can't even get past isshin phase 1
fuck

Attached: rw.gif (480x480, 2.03M)

Some enemies have a shitton of posture, health chipping is really the only way to go for them

you can do it, must be doing it early

Shuriken and Firecracker have been fucking MVP for my run as well

What the fuck is going on in the sunken valley? I drop myself off a cliff and I get spotted by 40 giganiggers with sniper rifles. I killed that snake eyes whatever dude but as soon as I pop my head out of a corner everyone just starts shooting at me. Is there a route I'm missing or do I have to go through that shitty ass bridge?

the posture bar on fodder enemies doesn't make sense to me, i try to just stealth all of them or overwhelm them with damage.

i must be, i remember it being easy on the shinobi hunter guy. guess i just need to practice more on them

name a worse fight

Attached: sekiro-snake-eyes-shirahagi.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 112K)

just run and mash the rope pull thing upward, you'll go up from the snake eyes fight and into a little alcove where you will find an idol

You can either run through the bridge, potentially eating shit, or head back to Ashina castle, to the Old graves idol, and buy the shield prosthetic off the merchant there. With the shield you can just shuffle your way across the bridge.

Stronger enemies posture recovers very quickly. When the enemies health is lower, the posture recovers slower

I can guarantee you there are a lot of bosses in this game that would take a million years if you had to chip away all their health, posture damage is much more reliable for human enemies.

Beasts and the hammer dudes are a bit more health focused than posture focused, but humans you definitely focus on posture. I barely even look at their health bar.

this game is fucking easy, its just a rhythm game, how is that hard?

Fuck those guys. Just spam attack and deflect like I did with a side of firecrackers.

Not that user, but that made me mad though. I wanted it to be a Midir level fight, to burn into my memory. With that spectacle in front of me, I wouldn't have minded dying for hours on this thing. As it was, it was a way too fleeting moment.
Sekiro already had just a little too few big creature fights for me as it was, but I guess I'm soulsborne spoiled.

Just jump bro.

I had trouble with him but didn't really think he was that bad compared to any other miniboss

>have to share a board with degenerate cheating casual trannies like
Just fucking kill me.

Aggressively attack her and she can't even get her illusion casts off. You need to understand how to step dodge to stay on her ass though (meaning no cheesing stage one).

How do I unlock ichomonchi double? I have 3 slots and it says not available

Smack her once, dodge to the side. Smack her once, dodge to the side. All in a circle around her. She won't be able to do anything.

When she summons her illusions just run and jump around to avoid the tracking lights. Then hit her once, dodge, hit her once, dodge. You'll get it.

Just started the game. I'm going to try to kill the drunkard, the shinobi hunter, lady butterfly and the mounted warrior dude tonight. How screwed am I?

you have to get the other skills that lead to it in a line

Ganbatte user-kun

Attached: 1544150695571.gif (540x603, 188K)

This advice applies to you too.

Woooo finally beat that nigger Owl. Weirdly I did with no deaths and only healed up once. This game makes no sense though cause he whooped my ass relentlessly then suddenly after regularly getting smashed in phase 1 and inconsistently reaching phase 2 to quickly get smashed even harder it all fell into place I just beat the everliving shit out of him

>just beat Great Shinobi Owl about as honestly as I could
>firecracker didn't even work because he recovered and dodged my charged Ichimonjis
>fucker even recovered his posture by half and poisons me
>spirit of Raiden/Hayabusa posesses me as I charge my stupid fucking old man and hack him to pieces forcing the vit deathblow

Attached: Jack.jpg (625x352, 24K)

I had 3 playthroughs so far and want to play better.

I feel I haven't really mastered the white double-katana apes like I wish I had. This is me, trying to be more or less independent from prosthetics at this point (even though they can be fun). I get them dead and they're easy to avoid and few in number, but they're probably the messiest kills that I perform, with many gourds gone.

I'm just curious, what's the way you dealt with them if you fight them head-on? They're really badass fighters, all things considered, high mobility, very good defense, high posture. I guess them being beasts just makes firecrackers kind of obligatory for fast and clean kills?

I'm not as far as you but I keep hearing folks say that when the combat clicks it really clicks then you breeze through the game.

Well I got within one or two solid hits of breaking Tomoe Genchiro and he punished me to death and now I am just frustrated beyond belief. Tomoe phase feels so much easier than the Ashina phase it drives me insane. I slip up once during Ashina phase and have to throw the whole attempt away and try it again

I don't even know what the windows opportunity for owl is
parry does jackshit and you can just get one swing in most of the time
I've been using mortal blade for both versions just to get some life damage in

You have to be agresive as fuck, try to always be the first one to attack

it took a while for me too. my reality check for how to actually play the game was long-arm centipede giraffe because he is almost unbeatable unless you play how you're supposed to play, which is blocking/parrying supplemented by some attacks until posture dies.

i am basically re-training myself how to play via genichiro and he's a much better teacher than hanbei because he actually wants to murder you. i suck at this game but i'm going to keep trying no matter how long it takes

Where else do I got in Mt. Kongo? I got to the demon bell and the tippy toppest temple with the centipede monks. I just want to save the Miko

Attached: 1554271476647.png (300x300, 142K)

I died like 30 times the first time
started a new playthough couple days later and downed him easily first try
you're getting the gist of it user, don't give up

Damn idk how far that is past where I am. I am still trying to break the habit of playing it like it's BB

Mfw only once caught lighting vs genichiro but got grilled like an idiot anyways because i didn't realize i have to press r1

Still beat him but feels kind of like i missed out...

Attached: 7280370ca6ed862fe4d1cb597e37e680.gif (234x300, 848K)

Did you go to the monkey temple yet, or did the guy in the blue robe give you something?

If it's the latter, you need to go to the top of Ashina Castle and kill the boss there

should I fight monkeys before seven spears?

I really wish I couldn't give up but I need to call it a night to go work for 14 hours tomorrow, I just hope the time away lets me get back in a less miffed headspace

Malcontent finger upgrade.

Is the armored soldier a dark souls reference? He has a zweihander

is right, he fights just like you so he has the same weaknesses, IE you can interrupt his Naruto shit just like the grunts interrupt yours.

post cute kuro right now

Attached: lE9kUOFXQsk.jpg (846x1200, 108K)

I completely forgot about the monkeys. I've been so focused on Mt. Kongo. Guess I'll start there

Attached: 1546886257171.png (1475x1437, 1002K)

So we all agree owl 2 is the hardest, right?

How do I OWL?

Attached: 1526255795393.jpg (637x854, 67K)

Attached: 1554081746990.jpg (1580x2026, 303K)

I personally beat 7AS first because he's kind of a milestone kill, beat him and you're good to move on, hell I beat him before Senpou Temple

I found genchiro harder than owl

thanks user, very cute

Attached: save the shota.jpg (811x611, 206K)

I can't fucking beat SS Isshin on NG+

Attached: file.jpg (640x644, 55K)

1 or 2? 1 is just knowing the game and dodging his anti heal bomb, also he's not too hard to dodge once you learn his shit

I thought I had a pretty good handle on it up to that point with my last major wall being Genichiro but he still beat the brakes off me

centipede giraffe can be done pretty soon after reaching ashina castle depending on your route. but yes, it's very difficult not to just dodge away from everything and seems counter-intuitive to just stand in the enemy's face most of the time, i'm still trying to get a gauge on how to manage my posture without candies

waifufags SEETHING

There's literally a map you can look at from the warp menu.

I just have to eavesdrop on Kuro after Owl 1 to get the Purification ending, right?

how do I get gud against him? I feel like I do no damage against him

>didn't realize that the cut off point for the return ending was getting three ingredients.
>didn't even think about it
>have to go into ng++++ to get the owl 2 fight

Why am I retarded.

not that user but i just jumped in his face and smacked him over and over
you can mikiri him but he has this retarded response to it where he pushes himself away from you so you have to deflect afterward

Is there a setting to make it so the entire game isn't a blurry mess any time the camera moves half an inch? If I rotate the camera I go blind

Attached: 1525129586276.jpg (1280x1110, 238K)

Suggestions on second guardian ape fight? Beast whistle ain't doin shit

This was the most kino miniboss in the game.

>Bloodborne makes fun of shields
>Sekiro makes fun of armor
Will Soulsfags ever recover?

Settings -> Graphics Options -> Advanced Settings -> Motion Blur is what you're looking for.

You have to eavesdrop on Kuro then on Emma talking with a few people until you 'confront' her and she gives you a key item to fight Owl 2.
Point of no return is the Divine Dragon fight.
Firecrackers on the brown monkey and get rid of it first.
I struggled with the first Guardian Ape for 3 hours and beat the 2nd in 3 or 4 tries. The brown monkey never touched me so I don't get why people have trouble with it.

>makes fun
>he’s literally invulnerable
Nigger what

not invincible to fall damage lmao

he keeps blocking my attacks when I jump in his face, am I supposed to jump during his unblockables?

Jump when he jumps and starts charging the bolt.

actually he might be alive
DLC where you play as him when?

>point of no return is divine dragon.
Only as far as the rice for Kiro concerned

basically i stunlocked him. wait for him to be recovering from an attack then jump at his head and you'll automatically kick him, which stuns him a lot. then hit him once or twice. keep jumping at him, sometimes he might do the overhead spinning attack but you can just back off and heal if you need to then resume jumping. he dies pretty fast if you stealthed his other hit point

there's another method of r1+axe spam on him but i found jumping more effective

Just beat the divine dragon.
What a pathetic boss. He was so cool looking, too.
Please tell me the bosses after him are better.

Attached: 1552682990285.jpg (640x848, 49K)

Monkey would be a good idea because you'll get +1 AP.
Oil + flame prosthetic or alternatively fireworks work pretty well. Just calm down and prepare to mikiri a bunch of his thrusts. I couldn't jump right into his face because the knockback was ridiculous and I always ate the sweep with shorter windup.

there's only two actual bosses left with a couple minis in between
final boss is fun as fuck fight

You can parry the grab.
If you dodge as soon as you see the danger sign, block immediately after just in case and it will have timed just right for the deflect.

Dragon is the gimmick boss

How the fuck are the monkeys a full blown boss? They only ways you can die is either if you suck at navigating the terrain and you fall off or by getting killed by terror monkeys that go down in two hits. Even the shinobi hunter was more difficult than this shit.

Use the poisonous prosthetic shit to inflict poison on her, she'll take more posture damage

>tfw getting tilted and losing to the bitch boy that Genichiro is
Holy fuck, I need a break. I've been at this for an hour and I got Isshin's first phase down with much issue.
>Pulls out a gun
Fuck you, old man. You're gonna eat shit soon, fucker.

Attached: 1547180900093.png (660x669, 382K)

I rather a beautiful and easy gimmick boss than a ugly and frustrating one.
One boss just sort of being a reward to the player for getting to the top of the mountain is fine.

>looking forward to genichiro fight
>ready to get my ass handed to me
>read scroll that explains lightning reversal
>oh fuck yeah this will be a good fight
>beat the absolute piss out of him first try
What the fuck

Attached: 2YqKOTz.png (1200x807, 229K)

yeah it's easy mechanical and in game but in reality you're fighting a giant fucking dragon and the only way you can beat it is to throw its own lightning back at it
really shows how far you've come

why do you morons keep lying about beating the game's most difficult bosses on "the first try"
we're all anonymous, no one is impressed or going to remember this

It's possible.
I mean I beat Butterfly on the first try.
People just have different strengths and weaknesses

>From created somehow a character that is more intriguing than Artorias
I'll be mad as fuck if we dont get DLC or the DLC doesnt feature Tomoe.

lady butterfly isn't on the level of genichiro and is one of the easiest bosses
genichiro is the o&s of sekiro, the bottleneck of the game

The boss__ after him is_ better

>X boss isn't hard.
>As long as you're good at the game's main mechanic.

Just beat the Isshin and got the immortality severed ending. That last fight was kino

What the fuck, I'm near the end of the game and Lady Butterfly was still the boss I struggled most with.

Not him, but even on my second playthrough I found her to be much harder than Genichiro despite fighting her after him. You guys need to stop pretending that difficulty is the same for everyone.

>1-on-1 boss arenas.

This shit fucking rocks.

>Bosses surrounded by an army of mooks.

This shit fucking sucks.

Attached: 1393955429645.gif (380x219, 874K)

well this is a soulsborne situation where some peoples biggest struggles are the easiest to most. but genichiro is generally more difficult because he can't be stunlocked like LB and his fight lasts longer

So what was his deal anyway? from what I could gather he was the shinobi of a previous divine heir and helped him sever his immortality and that's why when you get that ending you become the new sculptor

I'll take your word for it user.
Ye, I know.
Like I said, the fight was cool. I just wish it was a bit harder, that's all. Felt weird to fight him after most of the other bosses tore me a new one.

man some of the stuff in this game looks like it might be straight out of woodblock prints, the ashina blue samurais look really pronounced and tall, and those 2 samurai looking out the single window look so kino

>play NG+ without the Charm
>Robertos dad absolutely destroyed my posture and healthbar by misparrying several times
>dont even have Bell activated
Man shits gonne be fucked at NG+2

FUCK
FUCK
FCUK FUCK THIS GAME
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK YOUI SHIIIIIIN ISHIIIIIIN FUCK YOUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>Need to take a quick swig since I messed up on dodging his spear
>Went through his first phase in like 30 seconds
>My fatass fingers accidently hits right and I take a swig from my terror gourd
>Eat damage and die
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I always remove everything from my bar for that reason at bosses except a quicksippy.

Don't give up user kun!

Attached: Sauce+and+artist+though+_e24b8c7e19eb2a4da6af20e90f94f224.jpg (847x572, 50K)

t. seething "journalist"

>every time I gave Emma sake
>"Ara..."
Fuck my dicc is hard.

>have minor frustrations with each boss
>Could not deal with Genichiro for a while, eventually overcome
>each boss still requires a few tries out of me
>Suddenly become face to face with Demon
>takes me a fuckload of tries, dragonrot intensifies
>Eventually beat the motherfucker with his bullshit charge attacks and flame floor shit
>suddenly every other boss is EZPZ
>Beat True Owl second try
>Beat Last boss first try
>yay return ending, how boring
suddenly feel underwhelmed.

Can I practice the goomba sweep jump punish on the zombie guy?
I can jump over sweeps easily, but never stomp the heads, since the timing is weird for me. Any tips on when to press jump again?

By the logic why would lie in the first place? But I'm not lying, I had six gourds, three completed necklaces and almost the entire Ashina skills unlocked. I could care less if you believe me I was just expected more from all the talk. His bow was stupid easy to avoid, all his unavoidable attacks were slow and telegraphed and the lightning reversal allowed three or four extra hits that brought his third phase down in like 25 seconds. I also trapped him in a corner on phase 2 and wailed on him.

i could live at senpou temple forever

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 1.32M)

I literally beat Genichiros first phase on first try, then died once to his lightning phase and I beat him completely on 2nd try. He was literally easier than butterfly, ogre with is shitty grab, snek eyes, seven spears general, lone shadow and loads of other mini bosses.
You are probably just bad at the game, but that doesn't mean everyone else is.

Fucked my reply up

I couldn't, not a fan of centipedes

The true sekiro was the friends we made along the way, user.

What did you expect from the return ending? Its Sequel bait in China.

Stay in his gooch at all times and abuse malcontent for a free phase. It's a no bitch out allowed fight so don't bother running to gourd he'll just start using his actually dangerous moves.

>struggled with lady butterfly
and you're calling someone else bad?

CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG

Beats 4 Deathblows

What's funny is I died to her about 20 times and I'm the fag that neat Genichiro first go. I think Butterfly made me git gud.

oh man I fucking loved mt kongo, I went to japan a few times and went to several temples and they pretty much nailed the aesthetics, those giant bells ringing in the middle of the mountain forests and nothing else but the sound of the windy breeze

Do not fist (fuck) Android Girls

So what's this about skipping a part of the corrupted monk boss fight?
I fought her without skipping anything and it wasn't even that bad.

Attached: 1554400228369.jpg (971x693, 575K)

Deflect and mikiri my man. Their vitality and posture is too much for the hit and run tactics you've been using thus far.

Can't wait till the inevitable dlc boss with 5 death blows.

Yeah, and all of them died.
Kotaro I guess too.

You can deathblow the first two phases.

wait what

Deathblow? You mean with stealth?

Hold the fuck. Are the divine Dragon Nobles all former Dragon Heirs? Sekiro grows the same barky white skin as them on his right eye.

Nigger get a new pc or buy it on console just fuck off already

It might be because I didn't have a feel for the game yet, I beat her before beating even the chained ogre. That reminds me that shinobi hunter also gave me a hard time.
By the time you get to Genichiro though you should be able to beat him without much problem.
He certainly isn't OaS tier as that guy said.

>he

Attached: monk.png (336x282, 122K)

He's talking about the Corrupted monk on Fountainhead.
You can grapple to the furthermost branch on the left and deathblow her 2 first phases.

I think it's just a disease that trickles down to people

So what will the inevitable KINO dlc be about, bros?

First phase is kinda tricky. Gotta jump on the tree on the left and move a bit so you are directly behind her. Second phase works the same except now you can easily see through her illusion from the top. The first deathblow seems more like a bug. The second looks like intended.

not quite
there are tree branches, when she does her MYSTERY NIGGAS attack, you can deathblow the real one from above

That's because he is easy his first phase is literally corner him till he spams that drop slash and perilous thrust for easy mikiris. 2nd phase has you doing the same except this time he mixes it up with the sweep. I only had trouble with him second time because he had additional moves I'm not wary of but once you got that down it's generally the same tactic if spamming attack. His lightning moves are laughable and can be dodged bloodbourne style. If you can't accept that other people found something easy for them then commit bite down faggot.

Attached: 1536948853719.jpg (1280x720, 36K)

I hope the Underworld featuring Tomoe as a Boss. I dont remember any real game that has you traverse Yomi.

I kind of wonder what the Corrupted Monk looks like under her robes.

Attached: 1550216192323.jpg (419x610, 69K)

i second this. pls help

He was immortal too, and immortals eventually become Shuras, he almost did but Isshin stopped it by cutting his left arm. Since then he's been repressing the Shura transformation by carving buddah statues non stop.
The invasion of Ashina puts him over the edge.
After the immortality severed ending you start carving statues because that's the only way to not become a Shura.

Yeah, I know. That's the one I'm talking about.
I don't get why anyone would do that though. Just ruins the fight.

Demon of Hatred isnt a Shura

>jobichiro
>one of the most difficult boss
>when the devs put him as warmup before the end fight
Genichiro is easy as fuck once you’ve played for a few hours.

I countered MYSTERY NIGGAS simply by backing myself against a wall and spamming parry. Third form was the trickiest.

From blew their wad on Mibu. Wont blame anyone skipping her since its basically the same again except for Phase 2.

There's quite a stretch from Owl1 to either of the 3 good endings, so I don't see the point.
You can copy your savedata before fighting Owl to get to the Shura ending, but I guess doing NG+ would be the same.
To see the 3 different good endings you have to copy your save right after you beat SS Isshin.

It's just a copy+paste. I'd make several backups and copy them after exiting to the MM just to be sure. That's what I did anyway.

>He was immortal too

When the hell is that ever stated, or even hinted at?

yeah that's what i did too when i first fight her, it's not that bad actually
just don't want to deal with it in NG+ because of chip posture damage even with successful deflect

Game is obviously better than Bloodborne, but is it better than Dark Souls III? I'm not so sure.
Hopefully the DLC will be on point.

Attached: sekiro.webm (640x360, 2.8M)

i feel the opposite so far. better than ds3, on the same level as bloodborne

The bosses are better but less in number.
Hopefully the DLC adds more great ones.

DS 3 is the worst in the series, so yes.

have sex

Is there really any point in exploring the castle at that point? Is there new stuff to get?

if you want to unlock all achievements, you may want to just do Shura and Hirata revisit on one save file in 2 playthroughs instead of two separate save files
Because some bosses are locked to a specific path

I DID IT
AAAAAAAAA
TIME TO EXECUTE THIS MAN

Attached: 20190405003936_1.jpg (1920x1080, 591K)

>ds3
>worse than ds2

Attached: ckPu0hL.jpg (320x320, 17K)

>better than Bloodborne
>worse than DS3
Are you an actual real life down syndrome?

When he gets dragonrot he hints towards that he cant die so you shouldnt worry about a bit of coughing. I believe he's the only character actually has true immortality that not even the Mortal Blade could sever because he was chosen by Karma to not be allowed to die until he acceoted his role of becoming the Demon of Hatred.

I'm about to do NG+ Bell+Charm Demon of Hatred, any tips? Right now I've got most prosthetic upgrades, lazurite shuriken and flame, does lazurite flame buff increase damage against supernatural stuff? I know Malcontent Finger stuns Demon of Hatred, does Confetti work? Does Lazurite flame buff work the same as confetti? Do they stack?

Based and ashinapilled
I'm proud of you user.

Is Ashina Castle modeled after a real castle in Japan? I know the Ashina clan was real

>Hayato-san! You'll never guess what happened. You know that shinobi guy that keeps coming back to bother us? He just impaled himself on my spear. That's not all mind you. He fucking resurrected from the dead and did it again immediately after.

Miyazaki said ingame Ashina is fiction. They only share names.

Not really. There's a red eyes version of the Ashina Elite and the Ogre but he beat him already.

Look up and then look up again.

I keep thinking lewd thoughts about Kuro.
Am I a pedophile?

clips.twitch.tv/EnticingBlightedWalrusTwitchRaid

shush I know its a twitch clip

Where do I find the headless enemies that drop Lazulite and Malcontent ring?

To the fags who recommended using High Monk or Senpou Leaping Kick for sweeps, you fags are based. I can't believe how much it depletes the posture of bosses.

Attached: 1490451372113.jpg (1920x1030, 171K)

Lol I did the same, that puzzle makes no sense compared to the kite one, how the fuck were you supposed to know you had to puppeter the monkey? I might be retarded, but you have to be even more retarded to think it's less clear than the Senpou one.

HOW DO I DODGE THE MONKEY'S JUMPING GRAB? THIS FUCKING FIGHT IS BANANAS

Attached: 1413143030479.jpg (267x323, 7K)

Too bad it doesn't work against Father.
Just dodge to the left bro lol

Need those Demon of Hatred Tips real bad guys.

The fireballs are free damage against me every time. People say just run at him and he'll fire them behind you but I've been hit in the face every time.Can't jump it, Can't run to the side of it. I could shield but I want to keep the uses for malcontent.

And is there a reliable tell for his close range flaming claw into uppercut combo or a better way to avoid it beyond the circle strafing strat?

stop right there I need a source on that

Cant wait for boss vs boss mods

I just dashed through the snake lmao

Long-arm Giraffe if only for the cramped arena that breaks the camera when you slide towards the corner as you're busy deflecting.
I don't think it's hard but it's finicky as fuck.

He always uses fireball after hopis dash so just stay back.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=73975026

Just wait for him to do a combo or overhead smash, dodge it, then run at him.

How do you know about bosses if you haven't already beat the ones before?
Stop reading a guide and play the game.

You need to judge the distance after he jumps away.
If he's too far, run towards him a bit, then turn around and run away and he'll throw the fireballs, completely missing you.
After that sprint to him and get to work. His moves are easy to dodge, just have to get the timing down.

If he's close enough after he jumps away from you just spring towards him and the fireballs will miss. Always try and stay as close to him as possible.

name a better boss than isshin

Folded Monkeys is definitely the best boss in the game

Well counting my deaths I think DaS3 is harder. The most death I had in this game is Butterfly which is about 8 times. After that all the bosses are less than 4 tries. Compared to DaS3 especially the DLCs which took me a maximum 10 tries with the exception of Midir which is about 50 tries and to this day I think he is still the hardest ever encountered in the games. But yes Sekiro is up there much better than the previous games general gameplay but I think lacks the variety or usefulness of some options in combat (attack and deflect is still the best even without the arts and tools in most cases). But that doesn't mean it isn't an enjoyable experience.

Long Arm Giraffe on Path of Further Hardships is a pain in the fucking ass.

Use Lotus Shield, if you block his fireballs (I assume the mortar ones?) it charges the shield and you can do the followup for massive damage.
Best tip anyone can give you is to stay as close to his nuts as you can, don't let him get away because he does his gay ass long range attacks.

thank you user

Attached: 1529968952542.jpg (850x1020, 162K)

Eh not really, since it's pretty easy to parry him, he only has two attacks after all.

Fuck those noble niggers who kill you instantly if they catch you

>The fireballs are free damage against me every time.
come on man, you should have worked this out after eating it a few times. after he jumps away just run in to bait the fireballs, then run backwards. after that run in and resume your hugging r1 game

Yea, but it took me a bit to get the timing down perfectly and if it isn't timed perfectly you take a shit load of vitality and posture damage.

I ADMIT IT
I CHEESED TRUE MONK
FUCK THOSE 3 DOTS OF SPIN2WIN

Attached: 20190405_005255.jpg (947x720, 207K)

>Long Arm Giraffe on Path of Further Hardships is a pain in the fucking ass
So is O'rin of The Water.
Stupid cunt.

Can i have this awesome webm from yesterday's OP post? The double ichimonji duel with samurai

>Last Genichiro fight literally has a pumpfake before his real thrust
Fuck whoever came up with that.

YOU DID NOT BEAT THE BOSS PROPERLY YOUNG MAN

>how do you do, fellow kids

just stealth kill them all

There's literally an old lady that tells you to make the monkey dance.

>took the shura ending on my first playthrough and missed out on a ton of content
what ending should I choose to witness all areas/bosses? Is the dragon thingy ok?
spoiler free advice appreciated

How the fuck do I avoid snake eyes grab attack? I've tried dodging in every goddamn direction. Should I just disengage?

Midir is just annoying due his absolutely retarded health pool. Its more a war of attrition than anything.

>Old Sekiro's animation when you press any button other than jump

Attached: 1518664448912.jpg (236x260, 17K)

Either Purification or Return.

jump away from the fucker

you can actually parry her grab attack
or
you have enough time to firecracker her also

Only Shura features cut content. If you want to see the remaining bosses go for Purification.

go for both return and purification

You can do all things and get all the items for the 3 endings and you choose which one right after the final boss / final cutscene, so do them all?
Purification ending has extra 2 minibosses and a boss. Return and Severance have no special bosses iirc.

I'll fight him proper in NG, I just want to suffer Isshin and an HP sponge with 'lol grind confetti' armor isn't going to stand in my way. You're Shinobi nigga, use every advantage.

Parry the pull, it's not that hard when you get used to it.
How about you do the opposite thing you did when you got the Shura ending?

Just beat it. I'm sure this had been asked a hundred times but who the fuck is Tomoe and why/how the fuck was Isshin inside of Genichiro?

Attached: [Final8]Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II - 05 (BD 10-bit 1280x720 x264 AAC)[437EA62A].mkv_snapshot_06.14 (1280x720, 51K)

Fucking finally.
Any idea when the DLC drops?

Attached: finally.png (980x530, 299K)

It wasnt even announced. Maybe on E3

There is supposed to be a Shichiman or headless at the monkeys drinking hole or whatever. I already poisoned the carp so it's body washed in there so now there is no enemy there. Was that the one who was supposed to drop the finger prosthetic upgrade?

Tomoe was taught genichiro all that shocking business, and was apparently the only person Isshin ever fought that made him fear for his life

Jesus christ. Good job user. I've never collected achievements for any game before butt sekiro would be pretty neat to do so for.

The Guardoan Ape drops it.

Actually that Sichiman warrior is located where you fight two of them.

No, he's in Fountainhead Palace in front of the waterfall.
The one you're talking about only shows up by Poison Pool after Severing the Ape's immortality, not in the original location.

Annoying or not I really enjoyed Midir. Fighting a giant dragon who's fast as fuck and his first phase music is sweet to the ears, he felt grand to fight and to this day I still remember the high I felt fighting him. Too bad his second phase's music sucks compared to the first one. What the fuck was From thinking replacing that tense violin play to some orchestra recital?

they are shichimen. one in the room where you re-fight the headless ape after you've beaten him. the other is in fountainhead palace

I can reliably get past Lady Butterfly's first phase now, but the second phase just fucks me up, since it feels like she has way too much time to recover posture. Should I just switch to hit and run tactics to whittle down her health? Seems like she's too fast and puts out too much damage for that shit to work.

>got destroyed and shitted on (literally) by guardian ape
>beat the double ape fight on first try
I don't know what to think.

Attached: Blank+_1809e3e4cd87e37b32b8e5112abe79a9.jpg (326x201, 17K)

Only projectiles charge it, not normal attacks. L1 is there for further deflects and also helps when you go NG+ without kuro's charm.

Be aggressive as shit, every third hit she deflects you and you can deflect back then continue the assault. Shuriken her mid air for decent posture damage.

When the fuck is the porn of the Okami women? Has the internet truly fallen to plebs?

Attached: 1554062596312.jpg (528x822, 352K)

so how long did it take everyone to realize that literally mashing L1 mindlessly will deflect around 80% of everything? i think owl was about where i noticed just how good it was and the game really lost a lot of my respect

They both have less Posture and HP
>Should I just switch to hit and run tactics to whittle down her health?
Are you gay? If yes sure, if not, just keep your offense up, as long as you dodge the butterflies it's the exact same fight as phase one, the butterflies don't track that well, so when they fly just dodge. Also remember to throw a shuriken at her when she's in the air (not on the strings), deals massive posture damage.

He mentioned "her" a few times so I'm assuming he had a love boner for her?

Attached: 1539448146484.png (359x393, 112K)

why would you need anything other than kuro x sekiro? what are you, a fucking faggot?

thanks, user.

this

Attached: 1554414968626.jpg (802x502, 108K)

Yes thats the same place where the carps body drops, so no Sichiman there.

Oh it's the Fountainhead one that drops the upgrade, thank heavens I tought I lost it on this playthrough. What does the one drop that was supposed to be in after the poison pool?

I bet Kuro can't even kick a goddamn ball, weak shota, inferior

Ah, a man of culture.

>Not Sekiro x Kuro x Emma
Literally gay.

No, that's where you fight on ape. You fight two apes after the poison area with snake eyes that comes before the mibu village

Of course he can't. You don't want to bruise those beautiful feet.
Kuro a best

even on ng+ I can't beat the footfag that takes over the serpent shrine, any tips I know that you can counter the foot thrust which makes it even worse

I mean there are some enemies that will fill your posture up with hot dick by doing that so it kept my respect. Just bosses like O'rin where you can practically stand still suck, or the centipedes. That red eyes motherfucker beneath Isshin's room though? Better clench.

Kuro has no excuse if the Okamis don't need them either.

Attached: 1553914637011.png (267x495, 275K)

Try that without Kuro's charm, you will get assblasted to hell.

I must have mixed up the places, I need to go and check out that other monkey business arena.

Spam your attack to bait her to either start an attack combo and since you can reliably take on her 1st form, deflecting her attacks should be easy. Once you got her attacks deflected and starts to flinch that's where you start to attack back and repeat the same process which is possible for scenario 2 to occur. This involves her diving back and either starts summoning illusions or going airborne with the intent of jump attacks. Use shuriken once she starts to jump around and chase after her when she's knocked down and as for the illusions it's the standard run away tactic.

The boss here isn't the ninja, but the level geometry, I fought him on top of the building's ceiling (the one before where the sculpture is), it's kinda flat? So it's easier to fight him there, really if you know how to fight lone shadows you shouldn't have much issues with him, just keep an eye out for his spinzaku kick that kills you in one hit.

Kuro's feet are BETTER. Literal perfection.

Lure him up the hill to that gate. He cant pass it so he just keeps attacking in place, so just look out for openings here and there and hit once or twice. I had to cheese him that way myself. Discovered it by accident when I needed to dash back for healing and realized that I can defeat him this way

Which upgrade should I use my 6 lapis on?

After Genchiro I'm getting cock blocked by two Snakeyes in poison pool and the outskirts area. Is this not the right way to go? These bitches devour my poise.

>Somehow made it through the game by running, cheesing, and finally getting gud at bosses I had no choice but to fight
>About to fight Owl

I feel an odd sense of accomplishment over not having to call other online players to help me.

I mean shit, I think the Guardian Ape fight was where I really got good because it took me about two days to get the mechanics and animations down, and everything after felt like a joke.

I even wound up beating the two ape combo in like 3 tries without cheesing just straight up skill.

Owl feels like hes gonna be way too tough though for some reason

yeah the problem is getting your posture broken doesnt really feel punishing enough. several times there were bosses' strings where the second to last hit would break my posture, then i could dash away before the final hit. also some bosses go for deathblows on you whenever they break your posture, but in my experience you have enough time to dodge out of all of them making them make literally no sense.
but even if you get hit by midgame you can just dash away and heal. health upgrades were a mistake

tru, should have been available for first time playthrus

Okamis have years of training their feet through Noh plays and kemari, they are more flexible and will attack every one of your weak points.

Attached: 1554283242829.jpg (480x360, 15K)

I did it Yea Forums, I can't believe I fucking did it. I thought I would have to cheese but I finally beat Headless without taking damage, no prosthetics, no skills, no items, no cheesing, just attacking and perfect deflects one after the other. it only took me ~300 tries, shit's absolute cancer and there's two left to go, fucking kill me

Attached: Screenshot_82.png (216x216, 104K)

one of the most fun minibosses in the game.

Honestly this might be the most light-hearted fromsoft action game they're made in recent years. The soulsborne series is so depressing.

I bet they have calluses, gross

git gud, the one in gun fort you don't need to fight, the poison swamp you do, I'd say practice on the gun fort one because she's isolated from the other enemies unlike the poison swamp one.
If she kicks you, dash forward through her shots, if she's about to grab you, just wait and parry the grab's pull.

Mystical centipede waters keep the youthful and soft.

Y-you used divine confetti, right?

You can't deflect him without taking damage without divine confetti? Can you even damage him though? Didn't even try that.

>tfw beat the game on NG+ with Bell Demon and no Kuro's Charm
died 100+ times to Isshin on that difficulty before finally killing him

What's left to do? I had tons of fun, but I'm pretty much done everything.

>Owl feels like hes gonna be way too tough though for some reason
Be prepared for his Undead Hunter Charm

Shit guess I'm gitting gud. I've been able to deflect her fairly well, including the grab, but it seems like I'm getting poise fucked still. I'm absolute ass at predicting her gunshots. Oh well, this bitch will die.

Have you killed every boss and miniboss without taking damage? I'm doing that it's loads of fun.

>prosthetic swing to the top of the buddha in front of the idol after backstabbing her
>let the cunt die from poison
simple.

How did you have that much trouble if you were using divine confetti my negro?
I asked you if you were using it because I actually attempted to beat one without. It took every single healing item and hours of patience but I fucking did it. Never doing that again.

They are child's play with divine confetti. Just learn their moves and that's that.

Remember to block to increase posture regeneration.

Yeah I'm not much on cheese but maybe I'll do that to her.

Let me guess you beat Owl first try too? How about Isshin?

See
I haven't made it that far, I'm a normie who plays a good hour every other day.

Don't do it you faggot, do it legit, I believe in you.

>"...allowing attacks to connect with apparition-type enemies"
It does tell you but not like "YO FOOL HIT 'EM WITH THIS DAWG"

Attached: 1492925748824.jpg (750x867, 168K)

Have you tried it? Maybe I just suck at the game, maybe I'm dealing with input lag but he has some really annoying attacks that are hard as fuck to deflect. Sometimes he attacks very slowly, sometimes it's fast as fuck, sometimes he repeats the same fast as fuck counter that is really hard to tell because his arms barely move and you already got hit. To top it off, the hitbox on his sword is curved and he does those wide slashes, that means the timing to deflect changes depending on how distant you are from him, how fast his sword is moving and also the terrain can confuse the shit out of you because of elevation. So far it has been the hardest boss/miniboss I've killed without taking damage, shit's insane.

nice

That's not much of an accomplishment since most of them can be cheesed, like full stunlocking Fake Monk and first phase Ape.

Just wail on headless if you have confetti on, it melts, completely trivializes the fight, you don't even need to block once.

>NG+
>no Kuro's charm
>Enemies do damage when deflecting
So what's the strategy? Run away like a sissy?
Manage your health/gourds so an uninterruptible 5 hit combo doesn't take the last bit of HP away?

It doesn't work like that. If you attack him too much he does a fast swing 90% of the time, the other 10% he will do the spinning attack and completely poise through your attacks and if you're just mashing attack you won't have time to deflect or dodge.

I just stayed as close as possible at all times. Hit him 3-4 times when he teleports behind you. Healed once the health bar was getting low after making some distance.Rince and repeat. There's not much more advice I can offer.

You time your deflections perfectly or get fucked bloody.

I would never have patient. I fucking hate headless because not only they are annoying to fight, their rewards are mostly shit. Underwater is stupid when you realized that you are supposed to just spam dodge. Out of water is annoying with headless’s weird moveset and constant terror chip. Teleport also fuck you over by messing with camera angle and result you getting grabbed for instant death. Oh to top it off, you have to grind for confetti to even have a fucking chance. I rather use my confetti on the shinichi warriors who all give 10x better rewards than those headless fucks

It's a little bit different when you're trying to kill it without getting hit and without cheesing.

If you attack him too much it does that dispell status effect thing on him (same thing on the warriors) that stuns him for even more free hits, if you're on NG it destroys him in two combos.

It isn't a problem until Isshin and Owl. They're the only two bosses whose difficulty increases noticeably without Kuro's charm.

>>Enemies do damage when deflecting
Wrong, they do damage when blocking, deflecting makes them do no damage, learn to parry nigger.

I'm killing each boss/miniboss without taking damage to post on my channel. It's a really nice challenge most of the time but fuck that fat fuck.

hit hit deflect
hit hit deflect
hit hit deflect
hit hit deflect
woah such gameplay