Why is this game so enjoyable to play? the atmosphere?

why is this game so enjoyable to play? the atmosphere?

Attached: MGE Screenshot 017.png (1920x1080, 3.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

modding-openmw.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because you're a dumb boomer

Attached: morrowind.png (400x300, 182K)

But I'm a zoomer and I just love exploring in morrowind

You actually feel like you become powerful
Most games you start out being able to fuck shit up and nothing really changes, in morrowind you go from cripple to super sayan

>finally got mod organizer working with openmw

time to slog through 600 pages of mods

im just keeping my shit basic desu, i find that if spend hours modding i only end up playing for like an hour

Feel like replaying it, what are some good mods? Wanna be a powerful mage, are there any mods for late game devastating spells like that one big mod for oblivion

Attached: ModOrganizer_QpNDAiQMu5.png (648x651, 47K)

>openmw

is that shit even worth playing right now? I thought it was still missing a ton of features.

>tons of features
it's just autistic bug fixes, fringe mod incompatibilities and they need to reimplement custom shader support so we can get it looking as nice as it did before they moved away from Torque3D

Attached: openmw fog 2018.png (1024x640, 952K)

>600 pages of mods
Dude there's literally a curated list of what works and what doesn't on the OpenMW site just use my loadout if you want a lore-friendly setup

Is Morrowind worth playing? I really liked Oblivion and Skyrim was ok but I've heard that Morrowind is nearly god tier in how well it plays as an RPG.

Help me get into it please.

Try reading the thread you faggot this question is answered a minimum of ten times per thread. It's tiring.

So the game is more or less complete? Why are they still on version 0.45 then? It seems like they should at least be close to 1.00 if the game itself is all there.

Also, is that huge as fuck Morrowind landmass mod compatible?

THISSSS
Everyone always bitches about the leveling/faction you can miss in Morrowind but imo that combined with the actual RPG mechanics/stats made it feel so satisfying. You went from a peasant who could miss hitting a rat to a god can summon allies and easily smash through hordes of enemies. THIS is what the other two ES games lacked, especially Oblivion.

Because they really cared about fleshing out the setting, both lore- and atmosphere-wise. Morrowind is the smallest and most mechanically restrained TES game, with the most alien setting, and yet it actually feels way more real, coherent and living than any of them It just really feels like a representation(simplified, but still) of and actual working world, as opposed to Oblivion and especially Skyrim which feel like cardboard cut theme parks

Never attack something while your fatigue bar is empty, as you will miss pretty much every attack, either wait to get your fatigue back up or chug some potions.

>0.45 must mean it's 45% done :^)
Retard

its a different kind of beast, its more typical and traditional of an RPG. its widely regarded as one of the best RPG's of all time because of player choice for their build and the amount of attention to detail put into building this strange and alien world, its the kind of game you need to take your time with, reading journals, talking to people, not killing draugr 50 times over and then fighting a dragon to win the game, game basically doesnt hold your hand either.

It's definitely worth playing and it's miles better in terms of RPG mechanics than Oblivion and Skyrim. However, it's simply fucking old: the game is much slower and the combat system may be annoying at first. It's only really a nuisance on low levels though. If you think you can push through it, definitely do give it a try

Not what I meant. 0.45 implies that it's far from being at 1.00. Clearly it's missing something, as 1.00 means it's comparable to Morrowind. It's obviously missing something for it to be that low, I just wasn't aware of what it was missing.

Morrowind will always be my favorite because you can do things like this.

Attached: 1505952283913.png (721x355, 119K)

Non-linear versioning idiot

it has a strip club where the ladies to the nakies

Thanks.

Just the fact that you can theoretically get most of the powerful artefacts early in the game IF you know where to look for them and that they're actually hidden instead of having an unmissable quest with big ass quest marker for retards showing them to you is something that I love about Morrowind. And that they actually stay useful up until the end without the scaling bullshit

yeah the world and atmosphere of morrowind is pure kinography

try enderal if you havent yet. im absolutely loving it right now

Just play however you want, melee is fun because you can stagger NPCs and get in some free hits and soon you'll get a dagger with paralyze so you can just switch between weapons while stunlocking opponents

Why don't you use Morrowind Rebirth?
Welcome to the Arena is also very nice since it adds an arena area like in Oblivion

Are you retarded? 0.27-0.28-0.29-0.30 all the way up to 0.46 and you don't see a pattern and you think that means it's half way done?

Don't make assumptions just because you're dumb and don't know what linear versioning is.

Because I don't want a bunch of lore unfriendly bullshit, a dumb rebalance, I'm using OpenMW and it just adds a bunch of zoomer-friendly features that I don't want or need.

I like the one pic where the suit of armor's enchantments are so strong that if he ever takes it off his character will instantly die.

yeah i need to go back to playing that but i just got a morrowind itch, i only just got to ark in enderal so i think i have quite a bit more to do

I wasn't making any assumptions. Why the fuck do you think I asked the goddamn question in the first place?
I'm not some autist who's hovers over the OpenMW website everyday to read what every single version does.

I just imagine you thinking "0.45 must mean it's 45% complete" as you blow spit bubbles

>other two ES games

you earned the (you)

0.45 does mean 45%
Prove me wrong

I heard the upscaling AI mod for textures was pretty good

expressed as a decimal, yeah 45% is .45. irrefutably so. don't be upset that these nerds are trying to make fun of you for not being as obsessed/autistic as they are

Is there a good magicka regen mod for OpenMW?

>modding out the soul
these gross graphics mods don't even bring the graphics up to par, all they do is ruin the aesthetic

fucking nerds

>OpenMW
>Mods

Why would you? Sucks the fuck out of the game.

It's a pretty bad RPG desu, but it has great immersion and a great sense of progression where you go from zero to godlike as you learn to abuse the game mechanics.

sandbox

The freedom of movement, choices and the reward for exploration.
Skyrim doesn't allow levitation, acrobatics, or any sort of gamebreaking movement buffs. Morrowind tosses you a Scroll of Icarian Flight the moment you walk out of town.
Skyrim doesn't let you kill kids, quest characters, and companions. Morrowind lets you, but doesn't tell you if an NPC is intergral to the main story until it's dead and only then it informs you that you fucked up and you lost the game.
Skyrim has one whole cold snowy biome filled with endless draugr to fight, and there are no "hard" fights in the game. Every enemy and piece of gear is scaled to your level so the gameplay is stagnant from start to finish. Enemies will drop iron until you get to a certain level and then they'll start dropping orcish. Morrowind has pieces of strong top-tier gear hidden around the world, hand-placed by developers. In Balmora you can find a Silver Shardblade underneath a pillow. The only way you'd find this is if you decided to loot a pillow for some reason. At the bottom of a lake somewhere you might find an enchanted Glass helm that is cleverly hidden next to some kelp that you'll only see if you have eagle vision. The last pieces of Daedric are incredibly hard to find and there's only 2 pauldrons in the world, and you know there's a left pauldron somewhere because you found the right. When you do find a nice piece of gear it feels fucking incredible because you basically found something the developer hid himself and it's like he's actually rewarding you for being such a clever lad.
tl;dr: Skyrim is for players who want a hand-holding experience and don't want true freedom, only to be guided to the next quest marker. Morrowind is for true exploration and rewards you for your own attentiveness to its amazing detail.

>It's a pretty bad RPG
That's not entirely right. You can role-play your class better than in Oblivion and Skyrim combined. Everything else you said I agree 100%. Morrowind has the best lore and the atmosphere.

The rich metaphysics of it and the ever engrossing world that just sucks you right in because it's so well crafted.

A lot of games have progression like that, say KOTOR and Baldur's Gate in which you start out real shitty and by the end you can fuck shit up without even flinching a muscle.

>There will never be an Elder Scrolls game with the scale of Daggerfall, the attention to lore and progression through the main quest of Morrowind and Oblivion's guild questlines
>Next Elder Scrolls will be even more casualized than Skyrim
Feels bad, man. Cute posting to raise my moral.

Attached: 1539721355229.jpg (850x1275, 180K)

>Daggerfall
>Good

Morrowind's guild quests are miles above Oblivion's, though.

dont lie on internet user

Daggerfall's scale is pointless though, Daggerfall's density on TES Arena's map with the addition of mills, mines, more farmland etc. would be unironically the perfect scale for the series, you won't visit every town in one playthrough, but over multiple characters it becomes possible.

>n Balmora you can find a Silver Shardblade underneath a pillow.
I would have used Sword of White Woe as an example, that thing is absurd and is just lying on top of a wardrobe in one of the Balmora's guard towers.

That's why Daggerfall Unity is so important. Allows new factions/mechanics/locations on the modding framework

t. retard that can't into roleplaying

This game is an absolute fucking slog to play through, most overrated shit heap i've ever seen i don't understand the praise it gets here.

>playing soulless PC version with easier NPCs than Xbox original

The one thing I remember well from that game was that you could find "boots of blinding speed" that make you 300% faster or something but you become totally blind (magic debuf). And getting some magic resist items would decrease the blindness (still darker screen but managable). Fun times

Attached: fast.jpg (674x800, 64K)

>why is this game so enjoyable to play? the atmosphere?

It's a video game. It's entertainment.

/thread

when I first played it it was shit
now that I actually spent the time in leveling up my axe skill in order to actually hit shit with it the game feels great, it actually plays better than oblivion and skyrim melee wise.

Even then the games scale is still pointless, look at Arena's map, it's manageable. Daggerfall is walking for days seeing the same town with different layouts.

Attached: tes_arena.jpg (1178x638, 114K)

I hope you like walking at a EXTREMELY relaxed pace, talking hours to get anywhere, then realizing you passed your objective and have to spend another hour backtracking.

It's just procedurally generated trash with a core set that must always be generated. Alongside procedurally generated with a core set of quests. It's substance over style in it's most clear regard.

But i will give it points in that it's reputation system is quite well advanced for it's time. Like The Fact that joining one faction doesn't completely bar you from doing another faction quest's but makes is so that you are only able to the basic level grunt work because the Nobles themselves dislikes you. Really good stuff

> atmosphere
yes, as is the case for every game.
people might pretend that game mechanics are the core takeaway that makes them like games, but mechanics always make you picture something in your head that you like to imagine yourself in, ergo, they also just conjure up an atmosphere of competence and skill in you.
some games are more directly crafting an atmosphere, story games or RPGs, but they are all just presenting an illusion.

>Even then the games scale is still pointless, look at Arena's map, it's manageable.
Some mixed signals here

Oblivion guild quests are literally just a bunch of shitty save the world quests. Kill the evil drug addict fighters guild, kill the evil necromancers. It's completely generic, interchangeable fantasy trash.

Every Morrowind guild quest, by contrast, is inextricably linked to the setting. It has a real sense of place within the world. The guilds and factions constantly interact, cooperating with other, competing with each other, warring with each other, rather than existing in a total vacuum. And so by the end of any given questline in Morrowind, you've actually come to learn a great deal of the social, political, and religious undercurrents that drive everything that happens on that island. It's precisely this that gives Morrowind's setting such depth and character.

>following explicit directions is hard

It was also done with a team of 10 people so imagine if Todd didn't convince execs that Redguard and Tomb Raider were the future of the series, LeFay stayed and we had games that iterated on what worked from Daggerfall/Arena instead of going in a polar opposite direction.

I think they could definitely make a good game that was 500-1000 square kilometers with today's procedural generation tech and their current staff size.

Attached: OE11.png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

Oblivion>Morrowind

Honestly, thank God that wasn't the case because we'd never see a game like Morrowind

It kinda has the life sim feel that New Vegas has for me. I think it's important that the world feels believable and Morrowind succeeds at that. The fact that it's an older game helps because the limitations and drawbacks are easier to excuse and you end up using your imagination a lot more which adds to the immersion imo

Attached: s8-f1252f2f695e6d98610b94949385a729-920x518.jpg (920x518, 85K)

just jump lol

i got to 100 acrobatics after like 30 minutes of playing

> hours to get anywhere, then another hour backtracking
you are massively exaggerating, not to mention that movement speed in all other bethesda games is also slow, deliberately I might add, on larger maps than morrowind.
but what you are not mentioning is that there is a character attribute that increases movement speed, which none of the other games have, making you acutally faster than in the other games, not even considering that there are spells and consumables that also speed you up.

Any way to convert openmw savegames to morrowind save games? I fell for the fucking openmw meme and i want to go back so badly, its like i cant wake up from a bad dream

Attached: 1544397961160.jpg (480x360, 41K)

>Thank god Todd sabotaged the series so he could make the creators of the series quit and hijack the series only to make a single good game
Versus the alternative of getting consistently good games, we got a single good one and a bunch of mediocre and outright bad role playing games.

No thanks. Todd was the worst thing to happen to the series.

Is this a character from something, or just artists's OC?

Like I said the difference in scale is in Daggerfall with multiple characters you will never see all towns in the game, in Arena you could through multiple playthroughs visit all towns in the games world, it's manageable.

What's wrong? Can't use the reddit recommended overhaul mod? :^)

>consistently good games
How many dungeon crawlers with big empty generic worlds could Bethesda put out before they went out of business?

Yeah im playing with my usual modlist, but the game runs like shit and shadows are basically non functioning for the moment, same with ground cover

Attached: 1537483953295.gif (382x554, 2.57M)

Nope you're fucked, I'm sorry you fell for the meme of horrendous optimization that causes a game that looks multiple generations behind modded Skyrim perform significantly worse, and an engine that isn't compatible with an overwhelming majority of Morrowind's mods, and is compatible with 0 of the ones that are basically needed to play Morrowind.

If you need to go fast, play a male orc (moves 35% faster than most), choose the steed birthsign, choose athletics as a major skill and strength and speed as your class attributes.

Why are you running a nightly? You brought this on yourself.

Literally the opposite of everything you just said is true.

I'm highly interested in this. I started morrowind with loadsamods a year or two ago but could just feel the limitations.
So you can just run OpenMW through Mod Organizer (2) exactly like you would regular MW?
Is there any mods that would not work??

>have to play around the fact the game is designed to play as slow as possible to hide the fact that the game world is no bigger then an amusement park

Enjoy your save being corrupted randomly because of GameBryo
All it needs is script support which will come eventually and it will eclipse the original is most regards

based and redpilled

Morrowfags btfo

Im not running nightly, just saying that shadows and grass are pretty far away from being playable

> a bunch of mediocre and outright bad role playing games.
what roleplaying games? skyrim is a minigame filled walking sim.

The game world is pretty big

modding-openmw.com/
Just sort by which category you want and expert the mod manager 2 with mlox to openMW

>Orc
Yeah about that..

Attached: 1517075059275.jpg (285x368, 55K)

Some chink from China came to the forums and optimised the shit out of openMW. Shadows alongside this will come in 0.46 which is fairly soon.

There's a plugin you can use to export to OpenMW and it's just a drag and drop file you put into your MO2 Plugin folder and it just werks

Overwhelming majority of mods work. MWSE stuff doesn't but that's because a script extender isn't necessary on OpenMW. Give it a year or two and compatibility will improve.

>openmw's optimization is good
>openmw supports anything
>openmw is worth playing
What the fuck am I reading

>script support will fix optimization that gives players single digit fps if they walk into the wrong neighbourhood
>script support will magically improve the games visual quality
Nah, the engine is basically fucked at this point, still only supports .nif too, so visual quality will lit never improve.

>openmw's optimization is good
>openmw supports anything
>openmw is worth playing
>What the fuck am I reading
The truth

also you should walk diagonally when traveling. Only really works when you know where you're going tho.

Which one is that?
How would this be handled in OpwnMW? I imagine the game crashing due to the original engine's limitations, but what would happen with OpwnMW?

About to start my second playthrough of Morrowind. First was about three years ago and i think i didn't invest my attributes points right or choose the right birth sign.
How should i level up right to have the insane sprint speed and high jumps i saw in many videos? What house should i choose: Redoran or Hlaalu (i chose Tellvani on my first playthrough and fuck them, they gave my home so fucking far away reaching it was a chore. And because at that time i needed to travel to the Ashlands very ofter i couldn't use mark and recall)
What are good artifacts i could get early on in the game?

Attached: 900652-redoran.jpg (842x960, 88K)

Yeah, what the fuck am I reading, I can run Skyrim SE at much smoother framerates, than OpenMW, at this point it's blatant that you are baiting, I refuse to believe that there's anyone retarded enough to believe that OpenMW is of any value.

Anyone who tells you Hlaalu is pulling your leg.

Is the chinkbuild a separate build? Might actually try that one out, dont really mind playing without grass etc just want to say FUCK YOU to all the openmw shills that baited me inte this shite. There is literally no reason to play openmw exept save corruption. And i highly doubt that anyone im the near future will have the time to code something big for openmw...

the insane sprint is mostly related to being a high level (acrobatics + speed skills are high - they can also be trained with money) and the boots of blinding speed.

Also running sideways is faster than going forward

You and the other guy (not sure if you're samefagging) are literally the only ones saying OpenMW runs poorly and it's widely recommended across /tesg/ and any online community still discussing Morrowind so okay

Whatever retard.

literally works perfect mate, no reason to not play openmw

>Pic related

Yeah fuck off shill, nice arguments btw. The game runs like horse shit for the moment atleast. The open source meme is dead and even i fell for it in the beginning, there is literally no one that will take the time to utilize the open source of omw

Attached: AfC79o9.png (600x358, 41K)

>boots of blinding speed
Can you counter the blinding spell?

Nostalgia.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questslines in Oblivion were pretty good. Realistically, only the Mages Guild has the "save the world" quest

I think everyone says "Oblivion has good guild quests" mostly because Dark Brotherhood stands out so much.

Yeah this is a samefag that has some sort of weird hate boner for OpenMW

Fuck off retard

Attached: morrowind in a nutshell.jpg (813x720, 104K)

(Not the guy that you replied to)

But can you please explan to me how omw will be useful in any realistic scenario?

Why?

Total engine replacement without the issues Gamebryo/Creation Engine has
Sky is the limit for modding
Already interfacing with Oblivion/FO3/New Vegas/Skyrim data files
Allows pissed off TES/Fallout fans to make their own standalone Bethesda open world games with an engine that replicates their systems

Attached: 1554319272761.png (1024x638, 629K)

>he didn't enchant a ring that lets him jump across Vvardenfell within seconds
S'wit

Attached: wojak morrowind.jpg (854x1023, 142K)

Yeah exept that if you want even texture replacers the game will run worse than the mudslimes at christchurch

It's coming in 0.46
The user is called bzzt so try to track him down on the forums or github because it is open-source after all

It does run like shit, are you serious, the developers are even aware that that's the case, how fucking retarded can you be? I can run Skyrim SE with mods that improve graphical quality at better framerates than OpenMW, this is standard for everyone else too, how fucking retarded are you?

reminder:
you can launch openmw on the fucking phone with mods
ignore shitposter

ESRGAN generated textures are pretty good though, literally vanilla textures upscaled by an AI

Fuck off retard

technically it's even more soulless

>play Morrowind
>become a mind enslaving lunatic that wreaks havoc, chaos, discord and madness
>play Oblivion
>become an invisible manipulator of Men and Mer, causing riots, treason, sudden deaths and murders, and ultimately become the greatest tool of Sithis
>play Skyrim
>become a master of the Thu'um, th greatest arcane smith and achieve true universalistic capability as a master of all skills and abilities, wielding weapons and armor that rival that of the Daedric Princes

I wonder what TESVI will have, but I absolutely hope they bring back spell crafting/making, ignoring the dudebros and scrubs. But then again, this is a company that made FO76 so...

There is no hope for this walking corpse of a pile of shit anymore.

Attached: Embodiment of Despair....jpg (480x426, 34K)

No I was really hyped for OMW in the beginning, then i realized that there is literally zero reason to play it. As i said before, can you please explain to me why i should play OMW over stock?

>Inb4 muh save game corruption
Stop shilling

Yes. A custom spell for 1 second of 100% resist magicka before you put the boots on.

Though maybe you should make it a 2 second spell since 1 second wears of in a few frames, not 1 second.

>There's a plugin you can use to export to OpenMW and it's just a drag and drop file you put into your MO2 Plugin folder and it just werks
>Overwhelming majority of mods work. MWSE stuff doesn't but that's because a script extender isn't necessary on OpenMW. Give it a year or two and compatibility will improve.
I'll have to see if any of my mods required that. This is exciting!
The overhaul one isn't going to add like, dinosaurs and shit is it?

ahhh similar style of shitposting
I hope you die from ass cancer.

>theres a point in game where you can pan your view and see every major city

much big

>The overhaul one isn't going to add like, dinosaurs and shit is it?
No but it'll make Balmora and any other Hlaalu controlled location look like shit.

Attached: h1503nitn69y.png (1366x768, 1.64M)

Pretty sure it's just bog standard graphics enhancer
Look it up on youtube and see if it's up to your charm

>the developers admit issues with optimization
>f....fuck o....off r...r...etard
What the fuck am I reading.

>No but it'll make Balmora and any other Hlaalu controlled location look like shit.

Worst faction gets worst crap? I don't see anything wrong with that

>Total engine replacement
And for what good? The game still runs (and probably will for atleast a couple of years into the future) like a dried out cum sponge.
>The sky is the limit
Sure, but who the fuck have the time to make anything significant? And what would be made realistically speaking, no one will ever play some scketchy mcScooge spaggheti coded homebrew morrowind: sakura clicker edition

Would that be by standing on the tallest mountain in all the world?

Alright i will take a peek and hopefully persist in the doomed world i have created

take your meds

He is clearly baiting, dont even bother replying...

The Dark Brotherhood is only noteworthy in the context of a game with virtually zero options for the player to exert any meaningful agency beyond who they are going to work for. As a faction within the setting, it's just as divorced from everything else as the Fighters or Mages guild questlines.

The way in which everything in Oblivion exists as standalone, bite sized chunks is why the game has such a themepark feel to it, despite being a much larger gameworld than Morrowind. It's overly focused on solitary spectacle over quests that define the setting through a gestalt construction.

Okay, I'm done.

You are really desperate for attention isn't?

Posting wallpapers because why not

Attached: [1136x702] Morrowind - Red Mountain.jpg (1136x702, 146K)

Attached: [1920x1080] Morrowind - Betrayal at Red Mountain.jpg (1920x1080, 452K)

Attached: [1920x1080] Morrowind - Dewmer.jpg (1920x1080, 621K)

Good job guys, you have finally convinced me that OpenMW is the better game wiht your incredible arguments and examples! Well done!

Attached: tumblr_lqgpbgVnuq1qlzn67o1_500sad.jpg (150x149, 24K)

>morrowshit
Lmfao

Soon

Attached: DhE0u83VMAA9pJv-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 87K)

Attached: [1920x1080] Morrowind - House Hlaalu.jpg (1920x1080, 774K)

Attached: [1920x1080] Morrowind - House Redoran.jpg (1920x1080, 605K)

tell me how skyrim's combat is any different from playing morrowind with an OP build

Attached: 1553498047610.png (640x794, 1.11M)

Attached: [1920x1080] Morrowind - House Telvanni.jpg (1920x1080, 626K)

>666 million square miles of nothing

>is still more immersive then 2 square miles of leisurely walking

Attached: [1920x1080] Morrowind - Caravan.jpg (1920x1080, 657K)

Make money doing odd/safe city jobs and pay people to train your pleb-ass. Most people don't realize this game actually has something worthwhile to spend your gold and just go hit rats with their fist and complain that they can't hit for shit

Attached: [1920x1080] Morrowind - Daedric Shrine.jpg (1920x1080, 99K)

I don't think that's it. Maybe a little bit, in that sweet mid game but it really don't last and after mid game you will just do the same shit over and over (when in combat that is).

its not though

Attached: [1920x1080] Morrowind - Dewmer Ruins.png (1920x1080, 641K)

But that's wrong?

Attached: [1920x1080] Morrowind - Vivec at Red Mountain.jpg (1920x1080, 554K)

Macro immersion > Micro immersion

its just an opinion man, daggerfall is all randomly generated nothing, wide as an ocean deep as a puddle

That's just when you know what you're doing. It takes a long while to get your shit together if you don't ask the internet or have played a similar game before.

Getting to that point requires some investment.

Attached: [6000x3600] Morrowind - Dewmer Ruins on Red Mountain.jpg (6000x3600, 2.58M)

>deep as a puddle
Might be overselling it. It's about as deep as a carpet with roads and buildings drawn on.

Meta Immersion > Macro Immersion

Now some art

Attached: 1529241739559.jpg (1920x1155, 855K)

You'll never hit anything or cast a spell if your fatigue (green bar) is low. This spawned the "meme" where you can attack a monster 1000 times and never hit it. Always carry fatigue potions.

It's a lot more traditional too. There's no quest arrows or map indicators telling you where to go. You get a journal and your character writes large amounts of text and the people will direct you with landmarks that you must remember.

It's basically just a lot more immersive than Oblivion and Skyrim.

Attached: 1529234438580.png (1600x823, 1013K)

>bigger is better!!!

Attached: 1529242740629.jpg (600x2169, 407K)

Just shit like reading the journal to learn your quest objectives and having to read directions rather than follow an arrow make it a much more compelling game than its sequels.

Attached: lich.png (964x489, 45K)

Attached: 1529243865800.jpg (1920x1080, 746K)

Attached: 1529244108153.jpg (3656x1556, 2.84M)

That's true, but even then newbie will spent alot more time in game using the same shit in combat over and over again that works for him than trying to find that 'combo'/spell etc.

I actually felt more powerful when i could use utility spells whenever i wanted.

Attached: 1529244538906.jpg (2000x999, 1.11M)

Attached: 1529244898593.jpg (1024x1138, 201K)

Attached: 1529245442793.jpg (1240x1720, 900K)

Neat!

I had a similar character. Back when holding Keening or Sunder would cause a permanent damage health effect even when you unequipped them I made enchantments that healed more than the artifacts harmed. but if I ever took those off I would die.

Attached: 1529245507632.jpg (811x1078, 371K)

I should really learn the Daedric Alphabet, it's English, but the letters are different. But what do the languages of Tamriel REALLY sound and look like? Because it really isn't English, since there is no England in in Nirn afterall.

Attached: 1529246871015.jpg (1200x711, 496K)

Morrowinds game world is so small its immersion breaking, makes the game feel more like an artificial theme park then a living breathing world. Supposed ancient daedric ruins teeming with dangerous daedra are just a stones throw away from a settlement. Other ruins and dungeons are all conveniently dotted along the main roads, as if you were meant to find them without having to actually look for them. Oblivion avoided this by spreading everything out and separating them with empty wilderness (also having a bigger game world helps as well)

This is better than pachinko.

Attached: Crysis.jpg (1920x1080, 927K)

Attached: 1529247817609.jpg (1200x700, 595K)

Attached: 1529247728623.jpg (615x1000, 511K)

Attached: 1529247656651.jpg (1200x758, 524K)

Not an argument to stand on when your game world is no bigger then Disney land

Are you sure you aren't talking about Skyrim?
Also calling Morrowind out of all things immersion-breaking? Yeah get the fuck out

Attached: 1529247585127.jpg (753x1000, 310K)

He's not wrong about it being silly how there are so many dungeons along the roads, though. Weird doors leading into mountains.

They're both shit.
>tell me how skyrim's combat is any different from playing morrowind
miss chance on connecting hits for one.
>why'd you prune OP builds from my argument
because you don't argue by constructing false equivelancies you dumb fucking faggot

Done. Resume arguments.

Attached: 1529247515041.jpg (1920x2683, 2.4M)

Where the FUCK can i find warnings.txt when using OpenMW???

Attached: 1430758467789.png (281x333, 191K)

This is why I loved Kingdom Come. It was exciting to find the first cobbler so you could fix your rotting boots, and the clerk who could teach you how to read, nevermind the first time you actually managed to kill a bandit. At the one-hour mark in Skyrim you've killed a fucking dragon and become Thane of Whiterun, it's so pointless.

Attached: xpyzpuegqii01.jpg (700x628, 194K)

Have you played Kenshi yet, user? You (and anyone else looking for the same kind of zero to hero progression) would probably do well checking it out. It has that very same kind of incredibly alien world feeling that morrowind does too. You start out incredibly weak, essentially a punching bag / wallet for anyone that crosses your path and if you somehow manage to endure and survive hundreds of beatings, losses, imprisonments, forced slavery at the hands of your captors, and so forth you can emerge as a hero of the wastes running around fucking everything up.

KCD is absolute kino, def up there with morrowind

>spam attack and hit every time
>spam attack and hit some times
What's the difference, though? They're the same thing, but one of them creates the illusion of your movement making a difference.

>Weird doors leading into mountains.
you mean all those bandit hideouts based in abandoned mines, what with Morrowind having major mining interests?

At least the bandits don't outnumber the civilians 5 to 1.

Roads aren't patrolled since everyone has access to silt striders and mages guild teleportation anyway.

I never managed to find those mudcrabs

Sorry to break your rose tinted glasses but morrowind is probably the least immersive game in the entire series. It has the coolest setting for sure but fails to make it feel like anything more then a backdrop, a tiny artificial world where all the inhabitants act like standing tourist pamphlets who exist solely for the players convenience.

i actually get the most immersed in morrowind

Quite a lot of quests involve walking people along the roads. If Morrowind had random encounters or NPCs dynamically travelling between cities, I think the roads would be more populated than you seem to think.

>Slow as fuck , can barely kill anything
>Can actually tell how much Im improving with each level and skill increase
This feeling alone is better than anything Skyrim has to offer

Even for Fallout 3 they tested a Deus Ex -like system where guns skill contributed to reticle size, but console gamers didn't like their shots to miss, so instead guns skill somehow changes how much damage a 10mm to the face will do.