I know getting hyped is a slippery slope but...... Im hyped

I know getting hyped is a slippery slope but...... Im hyped.

It looks like CA really did a lot of work with this. Hopefully it wont be another Rome 2. They have implemented some really cool things in Three Kingdoms it seems. I hope it isnt broken.

Who are you gonna play as first?

>My boi Cao Cao

Attached: Threekblog.jpg (860x606, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k7Z8r8p17LU&t
threestatesrecords.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/an-introduction-to-three-kingdoms.pdf
randallwriting.com/three-kingdoms-chapter-summary-1/
io9.gizmodo.com/these-warhammer-kids-books-are-both-heretically-weird-a-1826231922
youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_86g8TZyY
youtube.com/watch?v=d9wdP7ikg0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know how CA did it, but the battle AI seems even worst than previous games. It's like they purposefully downgraded it.

Idk classic mode AI seems decent. Plus all gameplay shown now is probably on easy or normal mode anyways and mods will fix that.

The diplomacy looks much better, the diversity and dynamics of the campaign look better, play styles seems more numerous, and i love the legendary hero's.

But we'll see. I dont really know what people expect out of AI.

Im hyped too, gonna pirate it on day1.

Who /Wu/ here?

I'M ALSO HYPED MY FELLOW MARKETE... ER I MEAN GAMERS! THE LOOKS EPIC FOR THE WIN! HYPEEEEEEEEE!

I'm hyped, but partially because I want it to succeed so that Koei has to step their shit up.

Attached: 118-Zhao-Yun_B.jpg (256x256, 30K)

i read this a while back. who is the dude that paints dragons?

im happy to check out the engine to get a rough idea how wh40k total war will look

Attached: ec5.png (680x1290, 741K)

Well thats obnoxious
Wuwu boi gonna get da wei

Attached: FB_IMG_1554131573717.jpg (717x717, 47K)

Teach me your ways

The Warhammer TW games are complete garbage that killed the franchise and this is just a literal reskin of those. It's going to be complete shit.

which romance of the three kingdoms is the best?, and why is RoTK XI is the best?

Attached: images.jpg (240x210, 14K)

>easy or normal mode
the Ai doesn't improve mush with difficulty, it just gets buffs
>mods will fix it
Mods shouldn't have to fix a game.
I don't have hope for this game.

Attached: 1520981345087.jpg (679x673, 104K)

Will it be based on historical fact or just the book?
The only one I've played are 13 and one of them on the PS1,I liked 13 more because resource building is slow in a turn based system, though the PS1 gives you more story though, 13 never tells you the Yellow Turban leader died of a sickness or that Dong Zhou burned the capital to the ground before moving to a new one

I haven't seen any of the more recent stuff, started a new job. They shown anything neat last month?

Release day TW games are always garbage and take a few patches to fix.

Mostly the book, but the game is divided between Romance Mode,.and Historic Mode which has less fantastical elements, like solo generals with special abilities

no naval battles is pretty shitty, I loved port assaults with combined land and sea forces.

It's from a period of History that really doesn't interest me, but i'll still take a look at it. Hopefully it's not fucking Rome 2 all over again.

40K Total War isn't happening

what are the differences between the book and real life?

?

The book is a batshit romanticization of historical figures. It's like Chink Beowulf

How did they act in real life?

Naval battles in Ancient China are merely moving platforms on water. If you've ever actually seen the Yangtze River, most of it is rather shallow with cliffs residing on either side of the embankments which would've made the naval maneuvers of other cultures at the time incompatible with that environment.

The book's story is an exaggeration.

Watch this video to understand. TV show based on the book.
youtube.com/watch?v=k7Z8r8p17LU&t

They probably didn't cry as much, make so many impromptu speeches, slaughter hundreds of men single handedly, and Liu Bei is nowhere near the nice guy the novel softballs him to be

This tbqh. Call me a TW /his/fag but Rome 2 was the jump and CA has been falling ever since. I have given up hope on the franchise. It's just painful that we will never get another game like Shogun 2 or Medieval 2.

For some reason I simply cannot fathom, WarhammerTW babies find pleasure in watching their disproportionately large dude wrecking a whole bunch of regular dudes until some other dude of similar size shows up. It's fanfiction tier power wanking at its finest and happens every single battle. Of course the cherry on top is the horrendous AI witch happens to get progressively worse with each release.

tl;dr Darthmod will not save you mod fags, the end has come

Attached: 1526475425569.jpg (858x536, 100K)

>Salty Hisfag False Flaggers, having no home since /twg/ ejected them, wander the earth aimlessly

The heroes and giant monster units aren't even the problem with Warhammer. The game is just completely gutted of depth and features and the battles are boring to watch. It's a massive step back from even Rome 2 in every regard.

>Literal reskin

You dont know too much about the game i see.
Both. One is Romance mode, the other is records mode.
They have shown quite a bit. A few lets plays. Also videos showing diplomacy, battles, factions, hero systems, etc...

Attached: FB_IMG_1553259428335.jpg (720x447, 32K)

>TW:TK turns into a smash hit
>interest in china and the three kingdoms era skyrockets in the west
>everybody buys dynasty warrior 9 thinking it'll provide them with an action RPG experience within the setting

Attached: 1549502595060.jpg (1163x1152, 152K)

I heard 9 was shit

I get it, Rome 2 was bad which sucks because Roman times are my favorite historical era. Warhammer games were onky cool if you liked Warhammer. Three Kingdoms looks good though and really in depth.

I gave up on CA but a little hope is there

Why is it whenever it comes to "fixing" some of the mainline historical titles in TW series it always comes to the modders basically just attempting to make the game historically accurate as possible.

It's pretty irritating after awhile. For instance Divide Et Impera is a favourite among the community however it turns the game into a slog fest where there is little to nothing special about any one unit. Personally I think TW is at its best when it embelishes on the details of history but makes it more aesthetically captivating. I actually liked Atilla over Rome II because the main menu with the music and presentation of the main civilizations does well to captivate you and differentiate the different factions to make them stand apart and seem interesting.

Attached: ATW-camp1.jpg (1680x1050, 414K)

>It looks like CA really did a lot of work with this
They didn't

>Hopefully it wont be another Rome 2
It will be

Well idk how making the AI smarter via mods means historically accurate lmao.

But yeah and also cause Atilla was just better than Rome 2 in all ways

Salty history faggots, take a bullet to your fucking skull cocksuckers.

TWW has more depth then your trash fifteen year old games cunt.

Says the salty history fag. Hi Darren

TWW is not gutted. It's battles are the best. Except for the fact dirty sub human pieces of waste like yourself can't micro manage for shit. You need slow battles because your fucking almost brain dead slavic fucktard.

nigga im done given up on total war, im waiting for imperator rome to come out.

History:
threestatesrecords.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/an-introduction-to-three-kingdoms.pdf

Fiction:
randallwriting.com/three-kingdoms-chapter-summary-1/

Better comparison might be Shakespeare's "history" plays. There are legit historical records that inspired the plays, but the plays are more famous and have a bigger impact on pop culture.

DADUDU :(

LOOK AT THIS DUDE

Attached: fantachad.jpg (2379x1371, 421K)

Same fag confirmed. You sound more salty than anyone here lmao.

Nobody cares about history titles anymore. /twg/ belongs to fantasy. Yea Forums belongs to fantasy. All you have is Total War Center, and that's slowly dying.

You fucking lost to fantasy. And you're never getting a Med 3 because Fantasy sells more sub human piece of dog shit.

I hate positive portrayals of Shu and Liu Bei

>Literal reskin.
You know alot about reskins don't you? History games are just reskins of each other

>history faggots so desperate they need to scream samefag
Look at this screamer. You fucking lost. We won. Get over it.

Total War history titles are the best though. I mean what could they do with fantasy? An LOTR game? And a GoT game? What else could they do that would sell?

I lost what? Three Kingdoms isnt a fantasy game lmao

Endless amounts of Warhammer content. Which we are getting. Too bad for you faggots.

The only one who looks salty is the pathetic history fags acting like they get anything. Next expansion for TWW2 comes out in 2 weeks. What do you have? Thrones?

>want Victoria: Total War
>get Rome 2 shitpile boogaloo
>CA now decides to go on life support after trying their hand with Alien Isolation
>decides life support will be Warhammer, AKA brony /tg/
Life is suffering.

Hopefully all the campaign map changes to diplomacy, agents and such are well done because its going to be the selling point of the game for me.
3 more years worth of Warhammer DLC, which will probably continue selling. Warner Bros has the LOTR rights, Game of Thrones would be some very inbetween of grounded like the historic titles and the end end tier is fantastical which even GoT isn't full of.

GoT would work if they could setup the campaign like Shogun 2, goal is the Iron Throne and then holding it through whatever the hell happens afterwards.

We have Three Kingdoms lmao

>history fags accepting it.

Reminder that Cao Cao did nothing wrong.

>he thinks his shitposting over tribalism works

Attached: 1535850040100.png (1000x900, 36K)

Three Kingdoms is not history you fucktard.

Thats my point. CA can make more content with historical titles.

>very high critical score
>high player reception
>sold like hotcakes
Warhammer is here to stay. And nothing...you seeting history fags will say will change that. Hehehehe. We won. You lost. DEAL WITH IT.

Reminder that canonical Warhammer is Age of Sigmar and canonical Warhammer has Chaos beginning to win.

Also, you can't refute that you fucking incels, because you can only whine and complain about things that you have no control or actual financial investment over.

And...

NOTHING,

NOTHING, will stop the publication of this book for kids.

>io9.gizmodo.com/these-warhammer-kids-books-are-both-heretically-weird-a-1826231922

Mentally ill samefag. Fucking yikes, glad I'm not you.

Attached: 1479375521382.jpg (992x880, 157K)

>Thinking Romance of The Three Kingdoms is the only source material.

The Three Kingdoms era existed, the characters.portrayed were real, the events were real you dumb fuck

Why are you literal cancer?

History fags can only scream "samefag" when their being assblasted by everyone.

You're pieces of filth. We took your general from you. We took your series from you. You're nothing but fucking cucks. And all you can do is flail your arms and scream how Warhammer is apparently a step backwards. You're fucking incels.

Attached: 43d.jpg (900x563, 79K)

Unless it's a different engine than the latest Total War games it can get fucked.

You silly fool, I'm buying TW:TK because Dynasty Warriors died long ago and I need my fix.

Its because you're a samefag lmao

@457085869
No, you're a fucking incel for supporting Fantasy Warhammer, which is just World of Warcraft Diet Pepsi edition.

Content that might not sell, because most eras that they have done and could do will be reskins of the same units with some flair to it. Three Kingdoms has hero units as its main advertised mode. Thrones of Britannia is an example of good campaign mechanics thrown into a boring game.

This. The engine used in Warhammer is awful and ruined the gameplay and battles.

>Care enough to respond
>Cares enough to change the link to the post

Imagine being this buttflustered

kek, accurate

No it's because you're a filthy history faggot, whose lost there series. Neck yourself piece of trash.

Warhammer has the best battles and gameplay. Can't change the truth you piece of sub human garbage.

>Victorian era
>Medieval 3
>Empire 2
>Bronze age before Rome
>Renaissance
>Ancient Greece

They can do so much. I dont think lack of diversity is bad it just has to be in depth. Look at Shogun 2, lack of unit variety but it was a great game.

>t-they ruined muh historical war simulator
lol histfags are actually retarded

So this is were you went? People on /twg/ were wondering where you pieces of garbage went too. Skulking in corners, trying to throw a shot in at warhammer and getting ass blasted wherever you go. It's time you accept the truth, you fucking cucks
>Yea Forums loves warhammer
>/vg/ loves warhammer
>/tg/ loves warhammer.
You're a bunch of retarded slavs and turks who can't get over the fact Warhammer is the best game CA has made. You fucking lost. Accept it. Play you're decade old games and pretend history total war is still relevant.

Fucking retards.

Attached: axhhNRh.png (307x363, 164K)

It was a great game despite its flaws, not every game could do that. Third worst siege battles in the franchise after Warhammer 1/2, and introduced a waste of development time in naval battles. Saved by its great visuals, the Sengoku Era itself, and the online Avatar mode. Also introduced co-op campaigns as just a default thing that exists.

For any historic titles, you would just have to reskin shit on human models as is but pray that the game is saved on the campaign map with interesting victory conditions, unique mechanics and things of that nature.

They could also just expand Warhammer endlessly, fix Mortal Empires's map to correct proportions and that comes with great variety in units and differences between factions that you just have to assume they can do for a historic game.

I mean idk Warhammer is already dying so

Warhammer is in a content drought though, will spike up in about 5 days when they announce and shoe off the DLC which would likely be released shortly after. We got Warhammer 1 in 2016, and 2 in 2017. That is a quick turn over for sequels in a Total War game, and the demand for new shit feels endless for this one specific game/setting.

>Warhammer
>The game that gets updates and an expansion every few months
>Regularly has a bigger playbase then all history games combined
>Is one of their best selling titles
>DLC sells the most
>New game coming this year or next.
Warhammer isn't dying.

hiscucks came to Yea Forums to cry about fantasychads bullying them?
Hilarious, take total war discussion to its general where it belongs before the janny sees you

>New game

Lmaooo

It's pretty pathetic. Especially now their getting eaten live in their own thread. Pathetic cucks.

Look, the campaign diplomacy and management seems really good but the battles look lackluster and have less variety and things happening then in Rome II.

Mods have spoiled me, I ain't buying it until Divide et Impera: 3 kingdoms edition is made over 2 years by some autistic Chinese modders. Also no navel battles and they better NOT cut any mod tools.

Same samefag samefagging. Do yoy always rp with yourself?

New game is next year for sure, wouldn't be surprising to me if it was September to give more development time since they have been putting out so much shit that even 3K needed a delay.

Learn to spell fucktard.

Naval battles sucked ass anyways. And the battles look great imo

There wont be a new WH game this year or next year.

Say's the desperate history faggot.

Why do you keep pushing this. Total War isn't WarHammer, it needs a break from that shit. If we're going fantasy go LotR. Not to mention there's no fucking way it'l work in futuristic settings.

Empire at War is what you want for WarHammer.

Ill learn to spell when you kill yourself. Idk why you are so bootytickled over this thread. I really triggered something in you it seems. I have activated your autistic screech ability.

Whos desperate? I enjoyed WH lmao.

Say's the autistic retard who keeps screaming "Same fag" when everyone is putting you and your trash history games down.

Because its only you lmao

Responding to your own posts like this is really sad. Please seek help, your mental illness is severe and extends well beyond normal shitposting.

Samefag.

>tfw /tg/ has annexed /twg/ and now sees it as inseparable

warhammer was a mitstake, van't wait for the final game to come out and WarHammer slowly dies out. Medival 3 will be the nail in the fantasy coffin.

Attached: 4152000_orig.jpg (565x800, 196K)

Embarassing.

Attached: 20190402_222729.jpg (1440x364, 87K)

lmao who's mad now.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_86g8TZyY
youtube.com/watch?v=d9wdP7ikg0A

The classic ones still hold up, minus nobunagas ambition.

Hi turkish roach.

Victoria with colonisation mechanic never ever

Attached: Robert_Gibb_-_The_Thin_Red_Line.jpg (1920x952, 327K)

Med 3 is never happening.

lmao enjoy watching Rome II get more content.

What is it about Warhammer that attracts children and teenagers.

Nah it will probably be after Three Kingdoms. Theres too big of a market.

They did ancient Greece. Alexander needs a modern title tho. .

What is it about history that attracts /pol/ fags, turkish fuckers, and idiotic slavs?

Attached: 1554262374565.png (1071x1792, 346K)

I am Greek

You're an illiterate fucktard who can't spell in English.

Nah they've said they're keen.

Mainly nationalism.

I am Greek.
you need a hug?

>We took your general from you. We took your series from you
You just shat up the general with your pathetic attempts at socialization then CA took all your money selling one game split in two for $250 dollars and you hilarious losers ate it up because you're used to regularly emptying your pockets for worthless plastic figurines.

Im American

Can't wait to execute this cunt.

Attached: 2.png (1258x842, 586K)

Just marry her. You can instantly annex her territories that way.

just like how TW:China was never happening?
haha fuck you idiot

>Not beating her in personal combat, raping her and then parading her all over the streets of the city letting any man fuck her and when that's over strapping her to a wooden stand on a stage where she gets fucked from behind, from the front, or both, and then when everyone is satisfied, finally executing her by chopping off her cum-covered head and letting it glisten in the setting sun while tied to a post as the last wisps of life leave her face and then leaving her body to the pleasure and whims of the city's homeless.

Fuck I am so hard

This

Say's the dirty Turkish cuck. Cut your throat open.

Hi samefag, liking your own post? Tsk tsk. Fucking degenerate.

liking what post?
This is my only post in this thread do you not understand how primal it is to punish female criminals that are good-looking?

I dont care, I will gobble it up. You can make it fantasy, history, scifi or even cho aniki total war I would still buy as long as I can smash infantry lines.

Since Sega owns CA now, I'd like to see a Shining Force: Total War

Hot

Total war Valkyria

>executing her
She has more use to your army as a living fuckmeat than a corpse.

you dont want the plague to spread into your army.

Eating a woman's body would be dream though. Imagine eating her pussy meat

so what unique and interesting units could Chinkdoms have other than the various funky gunpowder weapons? As far as I know China was spearman central in this period

This is 200 AD. There are no gunpowder units yet. The most "unique" you get are repeating crossbowmen. Although mechanics wise, it has an azure dragon unit that has a pseudo-pike and shot formation where they can move their halberd infantry to the front while archers shoot at the back.

same. The have the audacity to make the yellow turban a day one DLC, so fuck them

War drums on chariots or just war drums in general

War drums on elephants

Shaolin grannies

That's for the inevitable vietnam or southern barbarian factions.

It looks like shit desu. Just look at all the forced stronk womyn generals they've showed so far.

I haven't played a Total War since Shogun 2, are the new ones worth playing? I kinda like the idea of a Romance or Warhammer themed game, but the hero-centric gameplay seems garbage desu. I also heard the towns are simplified a lot.

>Romance
>the hero-centric gameplay seems garbage desu.
It's just a more interactive version of Koei RoTK's

>3k is going to have invincible barriers so your heroes can duel without other troops getting in the way
HOLY SHIT JUST LIKE MY ANIMES