Voice actors strike failed badly to a point companies should just stop casting them for any further projects

>voice actors strike failed badly to a point companies should just stop casting them for any further projects
>Kotaku suddenly posts a article about bioware's issues during the production on Anthem, citing the problems of being a Dev
>Voice actors start calling for game developers to become unionized
>Implying it's about the devs and not the greedy VA using it as a scapegoat to get higher pay than the devs

Fucking EA, you know how to cause big ass problems from one fucking thing. Go ahead and mercy kill Bioware already and be the forerunner for telling these faggot VA to fuck off

Attached: uploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F604607%2Fc3149ebf-e161-4df0-9430-6763be1dd974.jpg%2F950x534__filters%3Aqual (950x534, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/YuriLowenthal/status/1113160307826864128?s=19
twitter.com/BenjaminDiskin/status/1113154133291401217?s=19
twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1113160271630020609?s=19
polygon.com/2016/12/1/13814948/nolan-north-performance-matters-voice-actor-strike
michigancapitolconfidential.com/84-million-per-year-for-u-m-diversity-employees
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-hour_day
youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA
youtube.com/watch?v=kVdlBxdqv8s
youtu.be/R4HrcxVa5Kw
kotaku.co.uk/2016/11/04/nolan-north-on-the-voice-actors-strike
archive.is/tbcYx
youtube.com/watch?v=1CN4xBxBago
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Voice acting should be limited to what's needed for gameplay (a guard coughing to let you know their position or something like that), anything with extended dialogue and especially anything with branching dialogue should be text-based. VA's are a cancer on video games.

Isn't it funny how the most notable VAs are usually just random people at the company or real actors?

Many people in the industry are massive shitbags who haven't worked a real job in their lives and think that they're far more important than they actually are.

Seiyuus > Voice actors

Eh some good has come of voiced dialogue (What is a man, what am I fighting for, I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with light, etc).

>It's almost like only a hand full of VA's are worth a shit while the rest are a dime a dozen
Take some acting lessons maybe your situation might change

Attached: 1551285722894.jpg (225x225, 14K)

The only good English Voice Acting in modern videogames come from britbongs, all the trash from from Eng Dub anime shit

Man, I really forgot about the VA thing. They went with their "strike" for a full year and nobody gave a fuck. HAR HAR.

Good, vidya voice acting is fucking atrocious.

twitter.com/YuriLowenthal/status/1113160307826864128?s=19

twitter.com/BenjaminDiskin/status/1113154133291401217?s=19

twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1113160271630020609?s=19

Voiced characters can be good sometimes, but they really shouldn't be a priority over the other workers first. You really can get just about anybody to do the same quality of work as most VAs and if you use the same person enough they'll get meme fame eventually. So, really it's best just to grab an IT guy for some lines and use him a lot instead of paying some pompous jerk.

It's kind of hilarious to me how there's like one company in Texas that just hires random people who live nearby who so, so obviously can't act for shit and yet that's treated as the pinnacle of western voice acting for some reason.

Reminder that based Nolan North basically told these faggots to piss up a rope
polygon.com/2016/12/1/13814948/nolan-north-performance-matters-voice-actor-strike

Attached: Nolan North.png (800x524, 401K)

t. autist

Can we get a confirmation that the same 10-12 Voice Actors are greedy people?

>single guy in the entire industry who can actually act shits on the union
really gets yer noggin joggin

Attached: jay thinking.png (840x433, 702K)

are VAs in japan as pathetic as western ones or is it just us

Use archive, idiot.

Yeah because voice actors are extremely important nowadays. Money could be better spent

I always forget how many corporate bootlickers plague this board

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE POOR COMPANIES

Don't Videogame these days just circulate between reused voice actors?

>pronouns in Twitter bio
>voice actor of Leon S Kennedy
Why is Leon's voice actor such a fag?

>wanting to ge paid is greed

oy vey

>entire #unionizegames tag is just filled with VAs and no real developers
That's fucking pathetic.

Eat my ass, buddy

Pretty much
Some of my favorite talking sounds are literal gibberish.
Splatoon and Animal Crossings especially

The re4 one? He doesn't have a Twitter

It's just us, voice acting in Japan is massively skill-driven

I can think of about 3 people just from work who’d make better voice actors

Voice acting should be illegal

There is literally nothing wrong with unions (in theory)

Attached: 1532350132212.jpg (1499x992, 613K)

Those are just memes based on how corny the voices were. Memorable but not an example of actual quality in any way (although at least the DMC line was probably meant to be like that).

Its okay when Japan does the same.

The one from RE 6, and the anime movies.

100%. Regular actors can voice act ell, but voice actors can't act for shit. As long as you get somebody who isn't actively bad, it'll be ok to everybody but the autists who care about this shit.

Does what?

Devs themselves unionizing wouldn't be bad though. Not that it would ever happen or that this isn't just an excuse.

Only if you're in a field where the work is hazardous. Voice actors are fame whores who are afraid of studios hiring literal whos for much cheaper. That's why so many of them refuse to do anything except big-name projects. Bunch of entitled assholes.

They're the same shit you weeb

Pretty sure From picked random stage actors to voice DaS and the result was excellent.

Retard.

Don't listen to these people , if they unionize we'll have to increase the cost of new games to $120! Trust me. You don't want those pesky developers having any say in the company, they only want to make games-- err, I mean, they'll make it all SJW-y! Yes, that's it. Now be a good worker and keep your head down.

Attached: pig.jpg (576x566, 34K)

Smalltime professional VA here: VAs are paid shit and it comes with numerous healthrisks/problems. You wanna know why people like Jim Cummings, Rob Paulson, Tara Strong etc. are in everything? It's because you get paid next to nothing and you have to do a million things nonstop unless you're those cunts on Simpsons. The strike was very much needed and all the shit about them being "greedy" was manufactured by companies attempting character assassination.

I dont eat the ass of anybody sub-70 IQ

This would make more sense if I actually cared about VA in videogames. I dont, and I hope you fire them all or I wont buy your games piggy

Most western VAs are garbage anyway. Fire the lot of them and let real actors voice shit instead of some fat fuck roastie from Texas.

But Porky, unlike VAs game devs aren't members of a parasite industry, they actually have value

Shut the fuck up boomer. If you want VNs of endless text boxes then go to /jp/. If you want minimal no-dialogue games then go to /agdg/.

My father's in a union - he's a skilled worker and apprenticed when he was young, stuff that requires training and long hours. Voice Actors aren't like him, his hands are scarred and permanently swollen, his back permanently damaged and tired. Voice Actors don't do what he does, why do they deserve a union like my father? What kind of work do they do that's so difficult they need this kind of sway in an entertainment industry?

They’re in everything because recording games takes a few days at most and companies like to hire the same people over and over

The pay is shit but no-one buys games for voice acting. Lots of supply, little demand, no leverage equals low pay.

The VA strike was the longest strike in history and went nowhere. It was based in the faulty assumption video game voice acting was remotely like TV, film or commercial acting

As if anyone would let you eat their ass, chicks don't like dorito grease down there.

Voice actors actually have to get vocal cord surgery quite often due to overworking. Surgery that, if fucked up, can cause permanent damage to the thing that makes them money. They train, learn and do all kinds of things that take time, money and effort.

Is that why games released around 2016 such as Total War Warhammer doesn't credit most of the voice actors?

>spend 4 years doing fuck-all because no one will decisively say "we're doing x" or "y is a bad idea"
>waste most of your dev time on discussions that go nowhere
I sympathized with having to use an engine that wasn't meant for RPGs, but the article made it clear that at least half of Anthem's failure was due to dev incompetence

punch a commie

They permanently damage their voices, sometimes physical fuck themselves trying to perform a line. How is that any different? Or is someone only a hard worker in your eyes if they have scars on their skin?

All workers are parasites.

Throats and vocal cords are just made up body parts and can't actually be damaged is what I tell them. Also, please tell your dad to leave that union. He never needed that guard rail or those safety goggles.

You're getting a raise!

Attached: 1529408496469.jpg (500x500, 31K)

>violence on the poor and the starving

Shame on you

Everyone needed to unionise, do you know why 8 hours laws and Sunday holiday was mandatory? It's the bloody strike of our previous generations during XIX century that made it happen. Now everyone is spending time fighting each other, driving the wage lower and lower and the quality of product goes to shit. No one can work a proper job with constant timetable and penny wage, the final result is our games are shit and most of money go to marketing.

If I remember correctly, early on into the strike companies offered to give them many of the points they asked just to get it over with, but they refused to end it because they wanted 100%. The points that weren't given were the super stupid ones like royalties on sales numbers and stuff.

You're really sticking it to Polygon by depriving them of a single click, they will soon be done for.

Attached: 29e.jpg (680x1020, 81K)

>being pitiable means they don't deserve it

I'm sorry user but we're going to have to let you go. You see, we can hire three shitposters from India who do the same amout of work for half the pay.

Why do americans like to go against their own self interests so much?

Why are you pretending that being against one union is the same as being against unions on principle?

holy shit time to rebuy all of Uncharted

Eat shit, when are VAs ever going to experience lay offs because their voice work was outsourced to some foreign country? You can find work with a sore throat, back damage is permanent - you can't work with that.
Don't compare vocal chords to damaged tendons, they're not even close.

They offered the same deal the union ultimately signed before the strike.

They wanted residuals, comparing it to TV/film. They were never going to get residuals.

My guess is there are now fewer union jobs as a lot of devs switched to non-union during the strike

Because developers are always needed, unlike voice actors

Why do you think my self-interests are the same as those of somebody who needs the government to take care of them?

>Implying cheap voice acting from PC98 isn’t kino as fuck

lel muh daddy hurt his back so now all work-related injuries that are below this line I've drawn are all fake injuries and anyone with them is a snowflake who needs to toughen up. Be careful if you meet someone who lost their arm, they'll tell you that a broken back is totally manageable and not worth fussing over.

kill yourself

I would if I was as pessimistic as you.

>porky allows gays, women and trannies to express themselves
>also porky accomodates them in his businesses

How can a man be so based? Why do commies hate him?

Hopefully you actually do research sometime, user.

That was the dumbest fucking comeback lol

Person with damaged vocal chords can still go bag groceries, sure. Their back is still fine.
Someone with damaged back can go work a call center. Their vocal chords are still fine.
The point is being forced out of your trade and having regulations to prevent this happening prematurely.

Developers are still highly paid, but with the current situation of overflowing of cheap IT man-source from chinkland and pajeetland, it wouldn't be the same. Everyone need to unionise fast, or it'd be too late. Even better if the chinks and pajeets strike before us, because it would raise the minimum wage even more, but that's almost utopian dream.

If the union had just wanted healthier working conditions nobody would have cared you mongoloid, they got greedy and people noticed.

VA union is the same as that Hollywood Actors union, where they keep out new actors who can't afford the membership for the union because they can't get work acting. Actual people do manual labor, a VA can find another job - Voice acting isn't their only option.

I hope you get your way one day. I'll be laughing over from a place were getting fucked in the ass and shat from above isn't seen as a good thing.

Allowing those trans people to express themselves is easy when you refuse to hire them on grounds of "they won't feel comfortable".

Do you think any of the far lefties (i.e >90% of AAA devs in California) have been able to put 2 and 2 together and understand the outsourcing and unlimited immigration policies they've laughed at blue collar America for suffering under have come for their jobs now?

>Even better if the chinks and pajeets strike before us,
Can't possibly happen because there is an infinite supply of them and they would all starve days into the strike. Literally.

You don't appear to know what vocal cords are or how important. Your dad's hurt back doesn't prevent him from working. He can always be a Wallmart greeter or a call center phone operator or something. Why doesn't he get a job driving a buss? Or in IT? Don't need your back to type on a computer. Sounds like your dad's just being lazy.

I mean, to be fair, no way in fuck would I be a game dev unless there was either a union, or 'video game dev culture' stopped being about overtime and herculean effort shit. I'll take my 40 hours a week with occasional on-call weekends, bonus days off whenever I'm called, and rare overtime work to the shit game devs go through.

Whereas other tech fields have to deal with competition from people who know what they're doing, Game Developer positions are constantly covered in low skill positions and have the "Video Game Culture" appeal that keeps them somehow getting new hires despite being shitty places to work.

I'd feel more for the voice actors if they were good, but the vast majority of them are barely better than anime dubs, which themselves are often worse than people who just do it on youtube.

Attached: unknown.png (780x283, 191K)

When the VAs wanted royalties I laughed and was against them. Fuck off.

Glad devs/publishers just hired other people. Voice acting isn't that important. I don't care if it sucks that much and hearing different people instead of Yuri Lowenthal for the 1000th time is fine by me.

sound liek ur gay

I already have my way pal, I live in a capitalist country. Good luck with your communism, I'm sure it'll work on the next try

No they don't, they're too SJWed. Your American politics' fucking too much right wing that even fucking far-left of your is just our centrist-right

>and it comes with numerous healthrisks/problems
Like fucking what?
At best you'd get a sore throat.

Yeah.

Attached: yeh.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

>laughing at outsourcing
?

You could trip over a cord or accidentally swallow a microphone, it's dangerous out in those recording booths

>you have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you....

Is probably the most memorable and heartfelt line of dialogue said in a long time.

Not my best but I did what I could with what I had to work with

Attached: Decent.png (362x363, 121K)

Look up vocal polyps and the permanent complications that can result from the surgery.

>Telltale died because they hired 300 people for no reason to meet their diversity quota
The video game industry is full of morons.

Attached: 1376042619587.jpg (313x323, 37K)

Not really, many chink blue collars strike recently but were put down by the government. But white collars' fucking pussy coward and happy with their gold chains that they didn;t try to fight.

Reminder that Unions 100 years ago asked for basic safety requirements while working dangerous jobs.
Unions today are asking for 7 week paid vacations with benefits.

You sound like one of those faggots who post about only drinking water in gamer fuel threads.

Forget voice acting.
Bring back FMV.

Every industry is full of morons.
michigancapitolconfidential.com/84-million-per-year-for-u-m-diversity-employees

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-hour_day

ah yes, telltale went belly up because of, uh, the evil SJWs. not because of piss poor mismanagement. exactly.

You know how that could be alliviated?
By not having a VA union and allowing anyone to voice act.

Doing strange voices all day is very straining, man. You think tom kenny can just do the spongebob voice 40 hours a week? Iirc the union already has rules preventing them from doing more than 4 hours a day so they can rest their voices longer.

You don't know what unions are, do you?

>and allowing anyone to voice act.
I would rather not youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA inb4 "omg this is epic, like The Room, I want this fuck you"

>Iirc the union already has rules preventing them from doing more than 4 hours a day
That's just pathetic.

>the union has to tell them to do this or they'd be so stupid and helpless they'd kill themselves working their job
And this is why they need big government

what am I looking for here, it sounds like any other US voice acting

unions are cringe simple as

They died because they had a game succeed for the first time through sheer luck, and instead of using their brains and understanding this they thought The Walking Dead was some sort of infallible formula.
After that they formed a million different teams, all with the same mission: to shit out TWD clones harder than any assembly line could possibly hope to. It turns out the TWD formula wasn't as good as they thought it was and the general public didn't really give a fuck past the first game, so they blew through all the cash they earned from that game and ended up dying.

Basically to save money the localisers got family in to voice act.
They had no direction either.

>this whole thread
What the fuck is wrong with Americans?

Attached: 1525908072376.png (600x500, 98K)

youtube.com/watch?v=kVdlBxdqv8s
Haha, yeah, 4 hours is nothing. What a bunch of whiners.
It's for the people they're working for, not the VAs themselves, you dipshit.

>tfw Nolan North is so good at his job that people complain he has no range because they don't recognize him when he does a different voice

Attached: 1549536689267.jpg (1024x673, 167K)

You clearly don't know a thing about the VA union. After all it wasn't one born of a need to protect the workforce.

should do that more often then, doesn't sound any different from any other american voice acting I've heard

Yeah, looks like I was right.

I don't know what you were trying to achieve with the SS3 Goku scene because you can hear the edited audio.

>Voice actors form union
>Game devs just replace VA's with Katamari Damacy style gibberish or go completely silent a la Shadow of the Colossus
>Next era of kinogaming is kicked off by greedy VA's

I'm not understanding why, because somebody put out a poor quality product, that is evidence a singular union should control an entire industry. They put out a shitty product and it was shit. The market reacts. Why do you require more than that?

Yeah, they edited his whisper into a scream. Good catch, user.

So which big time VA are you?

t.retard

>or go completely silent a la Shadow of the Colossus
You didn't even play the game you dumbass bootlicker

Attached: 1528594528674.jpg (332x332, 44K)

"You aren't a X? Then how would you know about Y?"
Goddamn, you must be fun at parties.

Literally the most worthless part of a video game tries to strike.

Also Katamari had fucking voice acting, what the fuck am I reading

Did you expect a Yea Forums poster to play video games?

There's only one part that can be classed as a scream you moron and that's right at the very end.
If you try for yourself it doesn't put any strain to do the rest.

Sooo, why should they get more when the monkeys and designers get even less?

Record yourself doing it, then.

You two do realise that Katamari originally didn't have any voice acting right? When it was brought to the west Damacy was given it but the other games didn't. Reroll also uses the original audio.
Talk about not playing games.

Also he didn't say that Katamari never had it but that they should replace it with gibberish like katamari.

So you arguing that the other workers should unionize?

VAs in Japan can be idols, celebrities, or skilled actors. Unlike in the west, they don't consider voicing for anime or games to be below them.

Not him but you do realise they can edit the audio's volume right? Most of that is a light hum on the throat.

Did you really think that they screamed at the top of their lungs while recording?

WHEN WILL BIOWARE SHUTDOWN?

fuck all the drama, this is the only thing i care about

What would that achieve? You'd still act as if I was straining my voice to do so.

If you wanna VA in Japan. You have to go to workshops and learn PR, idol training, dancing, singing because most VA will either have a DramaCD, promotional PR, and sometimes concerts

Now do that for hours on end, day after day. It's easy right?

bullfrog and westwood were small time compared to bioware and maxis so they'll continue to be milked for much longer

Scream quietly into a mic, then turn up the volume. See what happens.

No.
In fact they tend to work harder and without the aid of editing to mask their mistakes. They also know how to act too.

I'm seeing excuses but not a lot of action, user.

>all 3 still working
You're all traitors to your "cause".

>Now do that for hours on end
user, that's barely a 20 second piece of audio and they can reuse those for other transformations and fighting scenes and you can even hear it yourself.

Shut the fuck up. Despite what your governments did in the 60s to brain wash your parents parents to believe unions are a good thing. Voice actors deserve a fair wage get fucked America cuck facist.

Voice acting isn't always bad, but it's absolute cancer to any kind of open-ended, choice-based game. See: Fallout 4.

These things aren't just good for making music.

Attached: miku.jpg (350x491, 86K)

Are you being retarded on purpose?
Because that's not helping your argument in the slightest. But hey, if you want to give me the right editing tools then be my guest. I'll probably spend more time cleaning up the audio than actually recording.

>using bethesda game as any kind of marker for how something cannot be done
Lol idiot, they fuck up literally everything. They are no authority because they have no skill.

Audacity is free, try that. Should be more than enough for you, a guy who probably thinks "zoom and enhance" is real.

Good lord, of course you'd think audacity is good for this.

holy fucking shit you guys suck the dick of company's so hard you will never be rich get fucked

VA's in Japan are well respected somewhat.
They are a complete joke for anime/videogames in America to the point no one wants to sully their resume list with them.

I was being sarcastic you idiot. Read the second half of my post.

Holy shit, you actually think he did that whole scene in one take.

>they hired 300 people for no reason
They absolutely had a reason, they wanted to shit out a bunch of games concurrently and needed the manpower to do it. The problem came from trying to make too many games too fast and over-expanding without really making a good profit.

What? No? The original argument about working 4 hours at a time. As in doing shit like that for 4 hours a day. Read the conversation or fuck off.

No shit, it was just an example. Having to pay for VA = fewer lines overall = fewer options. It's a universal rule.

>As in doing shit like that for 4 hours a day.
Assuming multiple takes were done that's not even a half hour of work let alone 4.

>greatest voice acting in history was done on a file size budget and old commission agreements

How will soulless union workers ever recover?

Attached: 1449186458481.jpg (241x215, 9K)

Weird how you chose Fallout 4 as an example instead of New Vegas.

That's not how sarcasm works.
Also the second part of your post is displaying more ignorance than anything else given editing audio takes up more time than the voice acting itself.

You really think VAs do a lot of work don't you.

>As in doing shit like that for 4 hours a day.
For most of their day they don't scream you moron.

>American politics is shifted right

Only if you chop off all the "unthinkable" ideologies and governments.

Furthest right a minor political party has ever gotten in America has been "Leave the people the fuck alone."

Have you seen DBZ? That shit is like nothing but screaming.
Show your work, user. Where are you getting your information?

COME BACK WHEN YOU CAN PUT UP A FIGHT.

Attached: Meta_Knight_-_Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl.png (350x350, 111K)

DBZ is not nothing but screaming. They don't even scream a whole lot in DBZ. More grunts and hiyas than anything.

Oh no now I won't get to hear Troy Baker and Tara Strong voice everyone anymore :(

>That shit is like nothing but screaming.
Yeah and?
The reuse audio and extend it all the time so from one good screaming take you could have audio for the next few years. Most of the actual work from VAs goes into regular talking lines.

>Shut the fuck up. Despite what your governments did in the 60s to brain wash your parents parents to believe unions are a good thing.
t. lazy fuck who has never worked a day in his life

Unions are shit and union bosses are a bigger cancer than greedy CEOs. They demand everyone go on a strike for a 5 cent raise, all while they extort millions of dollars for themselves.

Do you have proof to back these claims of reused audio and "extended" lines?

New Vegas had the decency to not make the protagonist voiced.

>dubfags

EA shills are in full force today huh

See You can hear when they slow down and repeat the audio when the SS3 transformation starts. 1:36 doesn't even try to hide it because there's a fade out and you can hear Goku's voice overlapping.

That said in the Japanese version each one is a different take without editing or slowing down. youtu.be/R4HrcxVa5Kw

I believe there's a mod that voices all the lines

The strike was aimed at AAA publishers, not anime shit you dumb weeb

I don't hear any fading or overlap, just a shitton of reverb. That's likely what you're hearing.

ew

>I don't hear any fading or overlap
Then you might just be deaf. Because you can hear the two as clear as day since it's the only time it happens during the entire scene.

Gonna have to disagree senpai. VAs sometimes make characters more relatable and give personality

Ones that come to mind are Half lifes NPCs, JC Denton, system shocks audio diaries.

>just a shitton of reverb.
The fuck do you think reverb is? It won't suddenly create a second audio track if you use it you dumbass.

I rewatched it and heard what you meant. That's just bad editing. They spliced two takes together really badly.

You're pretty bad.

Attached: La li lu le wat.gif (500x281, 983K)

Voice acting is actually dubbing. Dubbing refers to any voice recorded post filming. t. took a film class.

>britbong VAs are good meme
Most British voice acting makes shitty Texas anime dubs look good by comparison, stuff like Souls and XB1 are the exceptions.

>They spliced two takes together really badly.
That's one single take repeated.

Am I the only one that thinks that no voice acting is better?

Attached: 1533340215621.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

These threads always bring the "ALL VOICE ACTING IS BAD" nutjobs

No, you and this idiot would get along nicely.

>ALL VOICE ACTING IS BAD
Except no one said that.

I bet you can't name a single game with good voice acting.

kotaku.co.uk/2016/11/04/nolan-north-on-the-voice-actors-strike
Nolan North supported the strike retard.

The only issue that actually exists isn't whether or not dubbing in games should be a thing but why the fuck voice actors have such unwarranted self-importance about their role in the games they voice in.

DMC5 comes to mind as a recent one

American dubs are bad.

Don't try to slick you shit, that's not what that was referring to and you know it

Difference of cultures and Industry.
In Japan VAs can have huge followings behind them and do lots of work along VA like Idols, talk shows, etc
In the West VAs are a joke.

archive.is/tbcYx
retard

Strikes are so fucking dumb. Entitled cunts. Unions are cancer

I'm only saying that for certain games.
Nothing is worse than listening to Christina Vee do another dub for the millionth time.

This, the way baldurs gate did it

Yes?
He's not saying it's bad.

Baldur's Gate had full voice acted scenes, though. Like paragraphs of people talking.

>when are VAs ever going to experience lay offs because their voice work was outsourced to some foreign country?
Never because they're too valuable to be replaced like your shitty dad who probably has 8 pajeets ready and willing to get paid $1 for 10 times his work.

They made wonderbread cost $4 per loaf.

You're severely overestimating how large a following Japanese voice actors get, it's actually pretty comparable to the "popularity" some more notable western VAs like Nolan North or Steve Blum have.

People who wank WRPGs in these kinds of threads have never actually played WRPGs.

You're right Code monkeys should unionize

I mean, I know one guy who's definitely happy about that.

>complaining when the post I'm replying to was already linking to Polygon
Fuck off.

He literally didn't say a single thing in that article about supporting the strike though? He just said he was surprised that a lot of others were having problems negotiating pay, and surprised over the amount of people who hurt themselves doing the work.
The dipshit who wrote the article put "he is joining in with the strike" at the end but Nolan seemed pretty indifferent about the whole situation from what he actually said, especially considering what he said at the game awards.

agreed

>but moooooooom! he did id toooo!
fuck off retard
your mother never tell you two wrongs don't make a right, so make sure to learn from her mistakes and wear a condom?

Attached: 1530476663163.jpg (596x88, 8K)

>your mother never tell you two wrongs don't make a right,
Actually she did.
>so make sure to learn from her mistakes and wear a condom
Wearing a condom is haram.

Dawn of War
Basically any Warhammer game

>Actually she did.
Then listen to your mother and quit being such a bratty little faggot.

IT IS THE BAAAANNNEEEE BLLLAAADDDEEEE

The strike brought up a really good point about all that mocap stuff though. That shit requires a fuckton of physical energy and can be really dangerous if you aren't properly trained, it should really be left to the professionals.
It can have benefits to the overall performance to have the voice actor do the mocap too like in Devil May Cry, but there's a reason DMC keeps casting former Power Rangers actors. They're used to that kind of physical stuff (being able to do cheesy shit straight faced really well helps too).

I'm gonna be real with you, Yuri is a real nigga and this seems more like him just doing it because he saw his friends doing it

the rest are faggots though

>getting damaged vocal chords that are easily repairable is equal to almost permanent physical degradation on the body parts that matter
based retard

Unions are cancer

>hiring 300 people for some stupid fake standard is somehow not poor mismanagement
do you lack reading comprehension?

Attached: 1554212387201.png (638x480, 349K)

I agree in some cases, particularly for open ended RPGs. I think Fallout did it pretty well, most conversations are text, but for big important conversations they had the voices. In some cases though, voicing stuff out can be pretty cool and helps to immerse you. I remember when I first played GTA IV, I just respawns at a hospital, then I walked up to a group of NPCs standing in a group smoking. One of the women said "I have a cigarette for breakfast, lunch, and dinner" and I was pretty impressed by the fact these people were just talking like that.

You might want to do some research onto the downfall of Telltale before you zip to blaming diversity as the culprit.

Anyone can do voice acting. It just that people have this big idea that known voices should be put on the spot list instead of trying to fetch people that may have godly voices.

Attached: 1336475375601.gif (320x240, 1.11M)

Are you saying that anyone can voice act or that some people should voice act over others? Which one is it?

Fucking hate how cheap VAs think they're super important and have any say in development because they get casted a lot, the second they demand hire wages devs drop them for cheaper work, this applies to animation as well

Yes I love it when talent is driven out to cut costs. This is always good and never backfires. Based CEOs for keeping those costs down, how else could they afford those yachts?

You're little video games wouldn't exist if CEOs didn't have an incentive to make money

my vidyagames arent made by EA

EA games are for retarded brainlet cucks and niggers

Yes they would.

Voice acting needs to go back to being like Deus Ex. It managed to be dark and serious while also being unintentionally hilarious at times. It's so fucking good.

Attached: 1144770-maggiechow.jpg (320x320, 9K)

Games like Deus Ex are a fluke and they're surrounded by so many games with just dogshit performances that do not border on funny at all. Nothing is stopping a modern dev from attempting something bad like that, but saying that we should just purge all the great performances for the very small chance we get more games like DX is really foolish.

Just play Japanese games
youtube.com/watch?v=1CN4xBxBago

Wrong, voice actors play a part but Seiyuus are literally the human personification of that character.

Or you know we just don’t want higher prices for less content

Yes user how can we possibly afford to produce such quality lootboxes at such discount values while giving people breaks from screaming into the microphone?

They fucking would lmao

Obviously they failed due to the overwhelming diversity of contracts they signed up for.

we already pay high prices for barebone games

What great performances? The only ones that aren't bogstandard anime dub quality are shitty AAA games like CoD that spends millions getting actual actors, or decades old exceptions like LoK.

hopefully, this means we can cut back on VA all together

Attached: 1544843654999.png (438x93, 3K)

This.

Americans are brain washed into being cucks
The unironically believe that the more they fucked in the ass the better
they are pathetic

Attached: 1d66a7947ecd65d271fd985513e3a425b66e44daecc803fcdd46764a67fc4b81.jpg (680x510, 61K)

Glorious Nippon voice actors folded over 1000 times

Excellent job answering your own question.

He's not kidding; they're basically another kind of Idol.

Every Japanese VA takes their job seriously because the audience has brand loyalty. You can literally sell a show on "The Main girl is Tomatsu" or "The bad guy is voiced by Wakamoto".

If Western VA's took their shit seriously, I'd want them to be paid more. As it stands, there's only a few that do.

But I don't play shitty AAA games, and we don't have a time machine, so it won't affect decades old games. So that brings us back to our question, just what "great performances" would it affect?

Play more games instead of being a braindead "hurr all AAA game bad" neanderthal.

No. Are you braindead? I don't care what that makes your dumb ass think about me. I don't like that garbage and I'm not going anywhere near it.

This is your reminder that some of the best voice acting in a video game was done by one dude.

Attached: Insurgency.jpg (616x353, 29K)

why hiro is called moot?

Dark Souls
Dad of Boy
Dynasty Warriors

Attached: 1496916302588.gif (257x200, 1.24M)

If you want to mope about big budget games while refusing to actually play any then you are a certified Yea Forumsirgin.

Darkest Dungeon

I'm not. I said that outside of Activision getting actual actors for CoD(one series), vidya voice acting is anime dub tier.

>TFW Americans are so cucked by corporations that they have brainwashed the masses to disdain the notion of worker's rights

Attached: stares islamically.png (350x351, 293K)

I'd like to watch some dubs that are on par with Naughty Dog voicework. Where can I find them?

Unless its supposed to be some cinematic movie title, there is no reason to hire professional voice actors when you can just use some random devs voice from the company or pull a friend into the studio for some quick recordings. At least that was how it used to be. I don't know about you guys but I get tired of hearing the same 12 people's voices anyway.

I would be fine with a union if it was just to stop the unpaid overtime but it's going to go way beyond that.

Are you serious? Troy Baker is in tons of anime dubs.

Here, enjoy.

Attached: 1534827489462.jpg (814x933, 148K)

Do you seriously think he's some kind of one man acting God who carries entire projects independent of whose direction he's under all by himself? lmfao this is incredibly naive.

that's his american name

Attached: kensmith.png (926x372, 133K)

ur an faggot
and ur a retard

>masses brainwashed to be retarded from school
>not only that have to compete with fuckers coming to this country and willing to be a harder bootlicker and fuck the standard

This country is going to shit in my lifetime