TSR

The more I hear about this game (track variety, music and roster) the better it looks.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eDcHayIMqvQ)
youtu.be/e-YAs4-a45U
youtube.com/watch?v=8tltAglVC3o
youtube.com/watch?v=9eXgj0Le810
youtu.be/m7OjPRW1jUs
youtube.com/watch?v=hkD7ee0Qz64
youtube.com/watch?v=b-_4FokoGyY
youtube.com/watch?v=DDWsZh9qXsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w
youtu.be/Z9cRNDQShn0
youtube.com/watch?v=Kt5arDNr9-g
youtu.be/9eXgj0Le810
youtu.be/8tltAglVC3o
youtu.be/rbTavayt8xo
youtube.com/watch?v=bIbU4EwJOAQ
youtu.be/-AK3n-srj5E?list=PLr-C4V5-8-PdIXz5rePFmw5CB3R7RPe34&t=3941
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Agreed

The game looks pretty, I wonder how it will run on Switch.
It better be 60fps.

Same but I'm still concerned over how slow the game looks. Really hope they just have it set to a slower difficulty for trailers.

I don't see it. It's looked more and more fast paced over the months. But they did say there's speed classes, like Transformed had.

Attached: TSRMotherWisp.jpg (1219x748, 143K)

I'm sold on the soundtrack alone. I'm sure Sumo can put a decent game, I haven't played a bad game from them yet.

Oh shit there's a 2nd planet wisp track?

Attached: 1519579163456.jpg (557x364, 40K)

im so glad they delayed it. Really seems like this game may actually be good. Looked really bad in late 2018

Yeah its looks great gonna get it day one

It just looks generic in ways that ASRT didn't. It's not grabbing me at all.

Attached: 1537380296315.gif (275x275, 1.79M)

There's three. Wisp Circuit is the one we saw in the first footage, that screenshot is from Mother's Canyon (which has some leaked gameplay footage here youtu.be/eDcHayIMqvQ) and the new trailer released today shows some footage from the second one they revealed a few months ago, Doctor's Mine, pic related

Attached: image (13).jpg (1000x563, 204K)

man Sega hasn't done a single good game with that red dude. Why is he in the game? Might as well put other villains from their shittiest games like Infinite too.

Its just ASRT without the gimmicks. The transforming was cool for one game but i'm okay with them removing it.

youtu.be/e-YAs4-a45U

Attached: 1496355613890.jpg (354x286, 25K)

That's understandable, personally I think that the new trailer did a great job of demonstrating some of the more high octane parts of the game and it looks like several stages have their own set pieces, just without transforming cars and changing tracks between laps.
He's just a placeholder for the villain team to be the Power type, and he apparently has his own motives in the story of the game.

Attached: Frozen_Junkyard_Famitsu1.jpg (1000x563, 154K)

the transforming was pure cancer, I don't understand why people likes that feature. In online it means that a single mistake and you would be send to the last places. And I got stuck a lot during the boat sections because I sucked at them.

Man that delay has helped a lot. Game looked like ass at reveal but that vid you linked looked damn good.

Sand Road isn't going to be topped, is it?
youtube.com/watch?v=8tltAglVC3o

The plane was pretty fun but the boat was extremely boring when you finally got good at it.

the game has no planes. this was the best part about the last racing game, so this shit is automatically a downgrade.

Attached: 1542216407504.png (399x400, 54K)

>silver just drives onto the roof of a cave
Based. Nice to see there's constantly 2-3 different paths to be on in that mother wisp track.

I was hoping we'd get a bigger roster out of the delay. A 15 character roster in a post-Mario Kart 8 world is pretty pathetic.
Then again, I would probably just play as the Chao every race if I do buy the game.

Attached: chao band.gif (358x224, 1.12M)

the physics of the water buoyancy make racing games with boats extremely unfun. I'm just glad that's out.

Honestly they were in most cases just linear set pieces, people only liked them for the visual variety. I myself will miss them, but the only thing I would change is making them lead to different pathways, which is something that only a handful of stages in that game did.
I agree, Ocean View looks far better than it used to.
Personally for me it went cars>boats>planes.
I didn't care much for the plane segments.

Yeah, it was novel, but the car racing was always the best part so removing the transformations was likey for the better.

So other players were just better than you and you lost because of it; got it.

Attached: sonic-and-his-car_o_2885203.jpg (804x590, 126K)

The entire soundtrack is perfect so far. The decision for buttrock to return was great. It's like SA2/Heroes levels of goodness again.

I really like this track.
youtube.com/watch?v=9eXgj0Le810
So glad Jun Senoue is finally lead composer on a game again. He's probably the most talented musician at Sega, and he's been shoved into the corner for so long.

Attached: kirby headphones.gif (46x56, 17K)

It is missing cream the rabbit and at least one babylon rogue. They need to be playable characters.

Attached: cream the rabbit safe for work.jpg (900x640, 89K)

idk, there was something very special about the plane section with the Nights rings.
the mechanics of doing tricks near obstacles to get a boost gave these sections so much depth and room for optimization, i loved it.

the car sections are mario kart. wait for the curve to show up, then drift. thats it p much
same with boats to an extent

for me it's plane>boat>car

Attached: 1534637819122.jpg (1922x1107, 338K)

youtu.be/m7OjPRW1jUs
>0:48 onwards

Attached: blacks.png (816x460, 904K)

Soul

Attached: jpg.jpg (690x388, 43K)

Shaping up to potentially be one of the best Sonic OSTs. The game doesn't look bad either.
At first I woried about the team based mechanic, but even then I think they might be able to pull it off. If not that, the game's going to have solo as usual.

Attached: 313.png (680x530, 422K)

I'm glad its a Sonic racing game and not another LE EPIC MASHUP OF EVERY CHARACTER EVER XD

>That violin
>King Boo Boom
>The Sa2 echidna statues
Fuck this game has so much soul

I agree, it helps them feel like actual Sonic stages.
I've noticed that the Adventure era and Unleashed have gotten a lot of love so far, and I appreciate that as well.
I prefer how the driving feels compared to Mario Kart though. You can chain your drifting to continuously drift and get a bigger boost, flip in the air to avoid obstacles, etc.

Soulless

Attached: sdfh.png (1436x803, 1.36M)

o yeah, i forgot about the chain drift. that's definitely better than mario kart

The main issue is that its difficult to follow up what is arguably the best cart racing game of all time.

Forza Horizon 4?

Except this game has soul. Even the Egg Pawns reference the first Eggmanland scene in Unleashed.

Attached: image (6).jpg (670x377, 45K)

are there going to be especial abilities like in the first game or will all the characters play the same like in the second game?

Mario Kart 8?

Instead of All Star moves, you can perform team actions in order to get a Team Ultimate, which is just a super boost.

MK8 isn't even a top 3 Mario Kart game.

Please post your top 3, then.

I think it's just that the game's main gimmick isn't all that interesting compared to TSR's, so a lot of people are going to write it off immediately. Which is a shame, because I think the game looks pretty alright.

Wii,DS, andDouble Dash. In no order
Even 64 is better than 8

All-Star Transformed is basically the best kart racer ever. I am a little disappointed that TSR is kind of a step backwards, but I am willing to change my mind if it plays great. I guess there wasn't a lot of places to go after AST other than just adding more polish and more franchise reps, so they decided to focus on Sonic instead.

It feels kind of like if the next Smash Bros. game got rid of everyone who wasn't part of the Mario franchise and just called it Mario Smash.

>Funky Kart Wii
>Nostalgia Kart 64
oof

Wouldn't be too bad 90% of the smash roster is garbage filler and clones.

Nice meme names but sadly gameplay is more important than anything else and MK8 is way too restrictive in both level design and general movement options to be considered top 3.
>oof
Based underage

This. Mario Kart 8 is ten times better than the Sonic All Stars Jank Racing or Crash Kart 64

I kind of feel the same way, yeah.
Like, they could have made another All Stars Racing that's a true follow up to Transformed, with more new Sonic and SEGA characters and some returning ones that got cut between games, plus a fuck load of new stages, but at that point it would feel like Smash 4 to Ultimate where even if they did enough to make it feel like a new game people would write it off as a glorified expansion pack.

lmao, wrong. Driving is ten times better in Mario Kart 8 than every other Kart racing game in history

I honestly can't fucking believe they got Tee Lopes AND Jun Senoue on this shit. It's incredible.

Either baiting or just really bad at games. (You)

Half the roster in Smash Ultimate is Fire Emblem reps because Nintendo normally rotates the Fire Emblem reps since they're usually stand-ins for each other. Smash Ultimate is a fine game but there are some inherent problems with having every character in the same game, and that's one of them.

Thankfully it was at least done better than Mortal Kombat Armageddon. That game made severe compromises in order to have everyone in the same game, and it didn't even have real fatality animations. Everyone was basically clones of each other to one degree or another. Poster child for the phrase "mile wide, inch deep." They couldn't even be assed to have Motaro be a proper centaur, and had him as a lame faun thing with two legs since they decided it wasn't worth the resources to do him correctly. It was a novel but highly compromised game compared to the previous to entries.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 240K)

the problem with mario kart it's the items. It's easy to lose all your momentum because of the items and go from first to almost last in a second.

Fuck off. CTRfags and sonicfags have their differences but both their games are leagues above mario krap. It's literally babies first kart racer with zero interesting mechanics or tracks.

>I can't believe they got Sonic composer and Sonic composer in this Sonic game

Attached: eggman wife.png (640x480, 363K)

>Want to be hype for TSR
>Know TSR will be easier to git gud at
>Play SRB2K religiously, daily
>Can't improve, game is played by experts who get paid to play it only alongside my noob ass by comparison.

Guess I'll wait for some reviews. Otherwise, SRB2K and Transformed will fix the itch

The problem with Mario Kart is that like 50% of the stages are reused from previous games.

Tee coming back is kinda surprising considering he only worked on one game before this and was barely involved with anything Sonic Team/Sega.
Also Jun hasn't done anything for Sonic in awhile.

There were a lot of IPs that they could have added representation for. I'd say Sega is in the top
3 game publishers as far as iconic IP back catalog goes, right up there with Nintendo and Capcom.

They won't ever top Race of Ages, Burning Depths, The DLC Outrun stage and Carrier Zone. I have 0 hopes for this one.

That scene really got me in Adventure 2.

>I'd say Sega is in the top
>3 game publishers as far as iconic IP back catalog goes,
Maybe to older people but most kids born in the past 20 years don't know any of Sega's old characters

>Jun Senoue
>Tee Lopes
>TORIENA
>Tyler Smyth
>Richard Jacques
>Hyper Potions
>S.A.M.E
>Takeshi Taneda
>Tei Sena
This OST is so varied, you can tell everyone brought their own flavor to each of the songs.
I mean to be fair, that is a team up I never expected to happen until I heard it.
Let alone the fact that they're on multiple tracks together.

The difference here is that Smash characters have vastly different moves and playstyles, whereas the difference between characters in a kart racer is mainly aesthetic.

Attached: 989484.png (1111x595, 700K)

Sega vs. Capcom when

>Remove Fire Emblem and Pokémon
Fucking based.
>Technically also remove Wario since that's representative of his own franchise
BASED

Now we just need Naganuma.
youtube.com/watch?v=hkD7ee0Qz64

Attached: Egg Bugger.png (718x542, 512K)

>The difference here is that Smash characters have vastly different moves and playstyles,
No they don't especially not in Ultimate. I like ultimate but most of the characters are just skins for others.

Has this guy done anything else for the franchise besides the Rush games?

>Silver's best characterization is in an intentionally stupid fan comic

Attached: silver tgt.png (461x330, 129K)

I will agree that Hatsune Miku, Yakuza, and Toejam and Earl could have made it in one of these, but oh well. Sumo made games for the SEGA characters that weren't racers before, they could do it again.
Burning Depths and Race of AGES were annoying stages to me. Moreso Burning Depths, despite how good the music was. Race of AGES was rightfully difficult, I will admit.

Apparently Iizuka came up with the team racing mechanic and Sumo thought that using Sonic's large cast of characters and expanding on that universe instead would be a better choice for the game. Still don't know why they picked Chao for a Team though. Seems like a waste. I also wouldn't be surprised if we get DLC teams.

No, and he wasn't even a part of the second game.
OST was still pretty good, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=b-_4FokoGyY

You shut your bitch mouth. Chao are fucking great.

Attached: chao dances.gif (330x264, 466K)

>Sonic vs Megaman
>Ryu vs Ryu
Make it happen, Sego

>No, and he wasn't even a part of the second game.
Thats a crime.
>[YouTube] A New Venture (Title Theme) - Sonic Rush Adventure [OST]
Rush Adventure is top tier comfy I need to replay this soon.

IT'S NOT FAIR, INFINITEBROS!
HOW COME BOOTLEG BOWSER GOT IN BEFORE EGGMAN'S MOST POWERFUL ALLY?

Attached: Sonic-Forces-Infinite.png (1920x1080, 2.19M)

Where's Chaos at

Attached: file.png (2000x2646, 3.1M)

>Bayonetta vs Nero

Attached: 1551200094893.gif (326x300, 797K)

The only redeemable quality of MKA was Konquest, and I'm still sad to see it reduced to an interactive movie with occasional gameplay

They probably used Chao as an homage to the Chao Races.
That's how I always saw it, at least. I too hope they have DLC teams, at the very least if we can get 3-4 more groups of three, I'll say this is easily one of the best Sonic racers.
Agreed. But I don't think there's going to be any Rush stages represented, unfortunately.
I would also say Ohtani should be involved but I think he should get a break after doing so many games back 2 back, and especially after Forces.

Unironically a better choice than Zavok.

Attached: weak jackal.png (905x826, 257K)

>Moreso Burning Depths, despite how good the music was.
Original was better. ASRT version is too noisy.
youtube.com/watch?v=DDWsZh9qXsQ
Also, perfect PSO spamming material in the jukebox.

>Treated as powerful at start of the game
>More of a joke by the end
Poor guy

why do they insist on shoving zavok into everything, who's in charge of putting him in?

>But I don't think there's going to be any Rush stages represented
Too bad. That level that took place on an aircraft carrier owned by GUN was pretty unique for a theme.

I like Chao but I still think some actual characters would've been better, at least in the base roster.

>They probably used Chao as an homage to the Chao Races.
Could be. Or it could be that Sumo is more "tuned in" to the fanbase and heard the countless cries to bring back Chao Gardens, so they wanted to appeal to that, maybe? I dunno.

Attached: 1511307384067.png (368x266, 207K)

He was clearly designed to be a Power type for the Olympic crossovers since Sonic doesn't have many of those.

shut the fuck up cunt. Shadow is not allowed to act smug. Not until he actually gets in Smash Bros.

>Big
>Vector
>Omega
They're getting by okay.

except for vector, knuckles, omega, big, gamma, chaos, egg robo if he showed up, metal knuckles if he showed up again, and who knows who else.

Attached: weak.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

>knuckles
>big the cat
>the crocodile
>any literal generic eggman robot
so many choices but they had to go with the bootleg Bowser to not hurt Iizuka's feelings.

I'll go apeshit if they don't reveal charmy soon for base game or dlc. I love that little bee. Would pay for him.

Attached: 1554149570537.gif (500x375, 2.78M)

One of the guys who helped with Infinite's theme is on one of the songs at least
Well, maybe they'll do stage packs. I would love to see sets of stages based on the Advance series, Rush, Mania, maybe even Forces.
That could be the case, yeah.
For now I'll just consider them the oddball pick each one of these games seems to have. In the first one it was Opa Opa, in the second it was Ralph and Danica Patrick (and most of the DLC basically), and in this one it's a team of 4 Chao racing in a pod.

Attached: Screenshot_20190319-192202_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 693K)

Game looks like a blast to play, especially with two other friends on the same team.
Kinda bummed how it is Sonic only and not SEGA as a whole. I'll miss the boats and planes too, but I can live without them.
Also the roster looks really tiny, please tell me there will be more characters to unlock.
Overall, game looks really promising.

Who /masterplan/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w

Attached: eggman that's rich.png (217x222, 87K)

Attached: 1510216563373.png (800x550, 38K)

>gamma, chaos, egg robo, metal knuckles

Attached: 1540646167198.png (600x600, 165K)

There's no Team Chaotix so there's no Charmy. He'd only get in if he were getting a free ride with Vector and Espio. There's no demand for him on his own.

Unless, somehow, a kids team with Cream, Charmy, and Marine happens.

Well for Chaos it's not that far of a stretch considering he was one of the playable characters for Knuckles' multiplayer stages in SA2 and in Battle I think he's a power type.

Metal Knuckles has probably been banished to the "Crassic Onry Zone", if he even still exists at all, and I dunno what the fuck he's on about with Egg Robo.

Replace Zavok with Infinite and Chao with Cream and it would've been perfect, but nooooo.
What in the actual fuck were they thinking?

I think the way it's going to work is the veterans who were present in one or both of the ASR games will be unlocked from the start, with the 7 new characters being unlocked in each story chapter (as there's 7 of those).
If anything the best approach is to have Team Chaotix with the Forces Avatar or some placeholder character for the Power type just be DLC. Maybe Heavy.

Marine is possibly THE most irrelevant Sonic character.

you leave those chao alone, but you are correct on infinite. Zavok and the rest of the lost world villains were such bland, boring, tropes that they were most tropes than characters

>the mother whisp
Wait, isn't she from the DS version of colors?
Isn't that non-canon!?

Who are we all maining?

Attached: DnllrOQUwAAKHpX.jpg (749x423, 73K)

The reason why they included Zavok is probably because he looks like bowser. A lot of people are gonna buy this game because it's like Mario kart and they'll like that a bowser clone is in this game.

Amy or Silver.

Metal
Omochao
Omega
Depending on which type ends up being the best.

Remember, everything is canon

Attached: WcERX_FI_400x400.jpg (200x200, 7K)

Notorious Mr Big
or Shadow, or Silver, or Blaze, or Knux

Zor was based fuck you.
youtu.be/Z9cRNDQShn0

If Cream would be anywhere, it'd be Team Dark.

Attached: cream.jpg (600x922, 131K)

Reminder Sonic Battle and Shadow the Hedgehog overwrite each other in canon, so that can't be 100% right :v

>playing shit child racing games
>not playing actual racing games like NASCAR Heat 3

Attached: pathetic.jpg (601x601, 19K)

He was voiced by a Ninja Turtle, so he's a-okay in my book
Well, let's just consider Colors DS and Wii to be two correct tellings of the same story, with DS being the one that actually happened, and Wii being the SparkNotes version. How about that?

Attached: The last thing you see before death.jpg (1920x1080, 562K)

Attached: (you).jpg (488x516, 91K)

Attached: chao.jpg (1200x1200, 165K)

>How about that?
Eh, I can live with that. Sounds solid enough.

Egg Robo was an alternate skin for the Sonic Adventure 2 Kart racing segment.

Ironic to me since the change in pace with boats is what I liked best. Planes were the most worthless to me because it became retarded to use any items besides boost and it was extremely easy to control.

I myself hated drifting in plane mode, I never bothered doing it

I hate omochao and big the cat. I wanted cream the rabbit and a babylon rogue.

The boat sections were just too much of a pace breaker for me and it felt like the least refined element. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good enough for me to miss it.

Blaze.

Attached: 5b13fe288bc03db4f4ffb4e713abba1b.png (883x1200, 403K)

I'm sad that the transforming gimmick isn't back, I thought that really set it apart from the other arcade racers like MK and it was extremely enjoyable to me. I loved how each vehicle controlled differently because it prevented the core gameplay from becoming stale. I'm 99% sure that TSR isn't gonna stop Transformed but it should still be a fun game nevertheless.

Attached: 1507816302325.gif (600x450, 89K)

Watching the leaked gameplay this game is looking amazing. Almost Mario kart level. Very excited.

>not having sex instead of playing games

It could be done with the world warrior(plus the 4 bosses) and sonic heroes playable characters. I would replace big and charmy with blaze and silver.

But MK had transforming before Transformed.

If you're talking about 8, that doesn't count and you know it. If not, which game are you referring to?

I wanted chocolate chao from sonic heroes instead of omochao. I'll play as the chao racer if I can replace omochao with cream the rabbit or chocola chao. #FuckOmochao

Hanggliders are not a transformation because you're not flying, you're just falling with style. Otherwise something like a parachute could be called a transformation.

Attached: 1456884185546.jpg (604x438, 61K)

Yeah, but it's the execution that mattered. MK7 took a safer approach and made it gliding and underwater sections, same as 8. In Transformed your car transforms mid race and you fly or go on the water. Not to mention the more dynamic stages.
You could even argue TSR is technically following in the footsteps of Transformed, taking something that was a basic feature in some other kart racers and putting a more unique spin on it while also making it feel more developed as a result.

That water guy chaos zero is better than big the cat. I only liked big the cat being playable on sonic heroes.

I don't mind the deadly six. I hate big the cat and omochao.

can't go wrong with sonic

The Ultimate E-Series Robot.

Attached: tumblr_ncfg8knzCk1qckfxao9_r1_500.png (425x331, 253K)

Attached: omega maim.png (341x363, 220K)

I hate omochao. I wanted chip from sonic unleashed or yacker from sonic colors. I won't play as omochao.

omega is so sexy.

The best.

Attached: 1505250492920.png (187x293, 93K)

Gamma is dead. Chaos gamma could probably return if artificial chaos emerald shards could fuel him. Chaos gamma is a gamma look alike from the game boy advance game sonic battle.

Homochaos because I'm a huge fan of SA2

>talking shit about Infinite

Peak autism.

If cream the rabbit is dlc, I will buy her even if her partners are shit.

If they add in DLC, we can all agree that Team Hooligan should be first.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1942x994, 514K)

Shouid I get this or Crash Team Racing?

Attached: 1552923318706.png (532x444, 268K)

Both

Attached: 1545109839364.jpg (1755x1040, 175K)

Crash Team Racing runs at 30 fps so I would say TSR.

I'm getting both.

based and barkpilled

Eggman

Attached: 1553263840765.png (680x680, 126K)

Do we have confirmation TSR is 60?

Attached: it doesn't matter.jpg (1280x984, 269K)

yawn

Give me Cream, Espio, Infinite or Jet any time of the day.

I wanted Amy to team up with cream the rabbit(technique) and chaos zero(power).

Attached: chaos 0 and amy.jpg (1200x900, 189K)

I'm getting both, honestly
Highly doubt that would happen due to the Classic/Modern split bullshit. If anything the first DLC would be the Babylon Rogues

Attached: Froggy.jpg (1920x1080, 775K)

PC will for sure dunno about the console versions. Probably not on switch though

Its easily the best kart racer ever made if you can get past the sonic fanbase autism.

Looking around on google doesn't seem to confirm anything, but since it's gonna be on PC I think it's a safe bet.

Attached: 1498307937871.jpg (891x670, 53K)

Anybody but big and omochao.

Anyone else here play or played Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart?

Attached: 1508725241812.jpg (512x512, 84K)

>Karate chops eggman on shadow the hedgehog.

You mean kinda like ultra pokemon portals in gen 7?

>Speed
Metal Sonic
>Technique
Silver
>Power
Knuckles

*raises paw*
It was okay

It's my main game right now.

Attached: Toxic Palace.webm (480x300, 2.52M)

Whatever you want it to be

Attached: Taking one for the team.jpg (1920x1080, 809K)

Zoomers don't have any frame of reference for classic games other than what millennials like.

based

You are talking about a street fighter 2 game that has ryu, ken, chun li, guile, blanka, e honda, dhalsim, zangief, balrog, vega, sagat, and bison when referring to a world warrior game right?

Has anyone shown that to John Carmack? I'm sure he sees surprising thins made on id tech 1 all the time, but this just might take the cake.

>a racing spin-off will be the most soulful thing modern sonic has starred in in over a decade
How do they do it?

It's nice to see the opinion of this game online do pretty much a complete 180 since reveal. Glad they got it together and improved on pretty much everything. The stuff we were seeing in 2018 was not looking good.

You better make sure juri han, c viper, eggman, metal sonic, rainbow mika, and sticks the badger are in too.

Yep it has gone from looking like total shit to mmm acceptable

I like zavok(sonic) and sakura(street fighter).

Sumo Digital, that's how.
Each one of their Sonic racers has soul.

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-100823_YouTube.jpg (779x638, 264K)

Its not very hard when the every Sonic game after Unleashed actively sucked soul away from you while playing.(Yes especially colors)

Generations was solid.

Vector

I hate his voice so much. I wish they could get Marc Biagi back.

Attached: Boom.png (350x359, 205K)

Sonic Runners had more soul

Colors and Generations still had some soul. However after Transformed we basically had a drought until Mania and now it seems only outsourced devs do Sonic justice.

Sonic is better when Sega is removed from the equation

I want cream the rabbit and the babylon rogues. It can even be jet, storm, and cream since the only proper teams are sonic's and shadow's. I do like team vector and eggman. I did not want big and omochao. They are worse than jar jar binks. I like Amy rose. I'll separate her from big and omochao.

Colors was the first game to remove the soul from the series.
Generations had some but only because it was recreating the soulful games of the past.

>roster
you can't be serious

Big the cat and omochao are the reason I'm turning voices off.

>Modern Sonic is sterile and lifeless
>Outsourced Spinoffs try to have more fun with the characters
>Modern Mario is sterile and lifeless
>Outsourced Spinoffs try to have more fun with the characters
Once a character becomes too big the company that owns them will always try to be too "safe" with them.

Attached: MarioAndLuigiSuperstarSagaGBACoverArtUS.jpg (300x340, 54K)

And you can. They've confirmed you can create your own teams, which I'm sure they did to make up for the low amount of characters.
I get what you mean, but Colors still had some great stuff in there, like the creative environments and actually letting you use Super Sonic in 3D stages for the first time in forever.

I think it's more of a rights issue with Travelers tales, because when that old toy company was making figures of everything I remember one of the guys who decided which characters get chosen (on the toy companies end) SEGA denied Metal Knuckles because of a rights issue.
I can't source that, but I remember because that dude used to post a LOT on facebook years ago and would answer like literally every fan question

sonic all star racing 3 NEVER EVER

Attached: 1552418501159.png (558x614, 65K)

Metal, Omega, Chao, and Big because fuck you all

Mainly Silver, and for that matter all Technique types. For Speed, might be Sonic/Shadow idk yet, and for Power I guess Knuckles or Omega

>Fuck you all
>First two are popular
>Like one guy has a hate boner for the latter two
If you want to be a contrarian pick Zavok. NO ONE likes him.

I'm content with that. Wouldn't mind seeing Sumo tackle some other genre with the SEGA cast again, that isn't racing.

Attached: Sega_Superstar_3_5514.jpg (350x399, 65K)

I'm not even trying to be contrarian, just wanting to make the autist made with my supreme tastes

>Amy rose for speed.
>Rouge the bat for technique.
>Knuckles for power.

The barrier of entry for racing games is even lower than something like Smash. It's a lot more believable to see Hatsune Miku winning a go-kart race than it is to see Isabelle beating Ganondorf in a fight.

Generations was great, but Unleashed is still the last mainline Sonic with true soul.

The original runners was so good. I'm still upset they shut it down and put out that shitty rebranded reboot game

Crash has more content, better gameplay, and it's online community will last longer than TSR's.

>better gameplay,
Wrong

I like zavok. I wouldn't mind if infinite replaced him. I'm not the only person with a hate boner for big the cat and omochao.

With modern Mario it's been the opposite ever since Odyssey. The mainline games are trying new things now while the RPG developers still feel like they have to stick to the NSMB era rules. M&L is doing fine and actually did introduce some new characters in the BiS remake but it's still stuck in remake hell. And Paper Mario... Well, while I do appreciate Color Splash for being more original with its locales, that's pretty much it.

Yes you are.

I haven't kept up with the news on this one, how many tracks are we going to get? Have they said?

Can I burn big the cat and omochao in lava by crashing their vehicles off track? I crashed mii racer into lava on sonic transformed.

The game has 21 tracks, split into 7 zones, each with 3 acts, similar to how the first SEGA All Stars Racing game handled the Sonic tracks

SEGA tennis is the epitome of "soul"

#HateBonerForBigTheCat #HateBonerForOmochao

I still dont understand how the team shit works. Like are we stuck with the preselected teams? I don't want to be forced to fucking play with that stupid faggot Zavok if I'm playing ass Eggman or Metal Sonic

Story is pre-selected. It's just one of each type outside of that.

>Like are we stuck with the preselected teams?
No, only in the story mode.

The teams are only set during the story mode. I'm assuming that in free play you can customize or randomize your teammates

The sticky in the corner make this pic really precious

>Sonic and sega racing 1 got a great DS version
>SSART got that great vita port
>there's no more handhelds left for comfy TSR in bed
It's the end of an era, isn't it?

Attached: boomersonic.jpg (251x274, 16K)

user...

Attached: d120ee717640b0c-a-nw-p.jpg (593x960, 180K)

Are you purposefully leaving out the Switch port when you bought the DS version of the first game?

Attached: surely you jestin.png (378x378, 124K)

Hot take: I prefer Zavok over shitfinite.

haha just play the Apple Arcade port bro

Attached: sonic-racing-660x330.jpg (660x330, 59K)

nintendo's shitty tablet is not a handheld.
God I hate that thing. It's a shitty console and a fucking locked down tablet that every nigger on here is trying to pass off as "portable".
Also the DS port of SSASR 1 is fucking great.
low blow user. You hit me where it hurts.

Attached: handhelds.jpg (4032x6048, 2.35M)

>pirating
You're the reason handhelds are dead, stupid.

Attached: shadow dead.png (500x427, 103K)

I got both the Wii and DS versions of ASR and the Wii U and 3DS versions of SART, and I'm looking forward to playing TSR on my Switch in bed.
It may not be a true handheld but as long as it isn't as shoddy a port of the game as the 3DS version of Transformed was I'm content

Attached: 20190317_001116.jpg (1218x1007, 483K)

Honestly, it still looks like shit. The soulless static Ocean View killed my interest entirely.

I buy 90% of my games. I need my emulators and scummvm though. Also the vita needs to be hacked for microsd support and playing PS1/PSP games that aren't on PSN.
>both the N3DS and vita are more than powerful enough for SA 1 and 2 ports
>fucking JSR got an amazing vita port
>no dreamcast emulator on either of them
>still can't grind chao in bed
>there will never be an attempt at a proper handheld again
im living in hell
If you have a vita the transformed port is 1:1 to the Wii U/ps3 versions.

Attached: vitasnatcher.jpg (4032x3024, 1.14M)

I disagree honestly, Ocean View looks so much better than it used to with the sunset they gave it. This game has way better lighting than the last one did. But I will say the third lap not having the boat segment makes it a less unique stage for sure

>the Wii U and 3DS versions of SART
Enjoy not playing the definitive version.
I can't fucking believe that this happened, but there were no cosmetic items in TF2 to celebrate it. Sonic's shoes for Scout are the most obvious thing they could possibly do, and they didn't do it.

Attached: pyro kart.jpg (850x478, 103K)

I don't have one unfortunately, none of its library really grabbed my attention.
Eh, oh well. The game still plays fine for the most part, and I recently unlocked AGES and Reala, the only ones I was missing

Pre load when? Or do I have to wait for May 21?

>none of its library really grabbed my attention.
and the fucking Wii U did?

The Switch isn't really portable, I agree, but you specifically wanted to play the game in bed though. The Switch is at least perfectly suited for that.

No idea. It isn't in the eShop while CTR is, which makes me think they may release a demo prior to release.
Yeah, actually. Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World (to give that a fair shot), SART, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, the Zelda HD remasters, Smash 4, Mario Maker.
Now of course most of my library for the system has either gotten replaced by a new entry or will be soon, but I am glad that I was able to carry over my Wii save data to it as well.

>sonic
>canon

Attached: 1549420700727.gif (820x461, 1.75M)

What's the music like? Also
>no cream

To the retard in this thread Nintendo is making a more handheld focused version of the switch this year. It will probably be very similar to a vita.

personal favorite currently youtube.com/watch?v=Kt5arDNr9-g

Attached: 1507290914997.gif (716x277, 501K)

>He hasn't been keeping up with the music uploads
user... you need to do yourself a favor
youtu.be/e-YAs4-a45U
youtu.be/m7OjPRW1jUs
youtu.be/9eXgj0Le810
youtu.be/8tltAglVC3o

>It will probably be very similar to a vita.
Bad and filled with kusoge?

I still don't get how the whole team mechanic works in the slightest.

You perform different actions during races to help you and your teammates finish in high places. Like transferring item boxes to other team members, hitting them when they've spun out to boost them back into the race, the lead racer has a slipstream trailing behind them and you can follow it to gain a boost, and performing these actions fills the Team Ultimate meter which gives you a huge boost that you can extend by hitting opponents.
It seems simple on paper and probably isn't that complicated, but we really need a demo so more people can get a grasp on this shit

>kart racing on the Planet Wisp track
>intense final lap faceoff between me and fakey
>slouch down my driver's seat and yell "FINNA BOUTA GET ULTIMATE UP IN HERE"
>everyone laughs
>Knuckles sucks his teeth and says "You aight Sonic"
>hear "He cute" from one of the girls

Attached: 1528389697153.png (1024x1024, 1.23M)

Yeah, an online demo would be nice. I genuinely think Splatoon wouldn't have become the juggernaut it is without the Testfire demo allowing people to really see what it was all about.

Based and Hogpilled

I genuinely want to believe that it's only absent from the eShop because they're planning a demo release for all platforms later this month and Nintendo will acknowledge the game in the next Direct.
I could be wrong, but if they want people to actually buy the game, that's the best option at this point.

Attached: 63d9230589d040ebf552a2267db05033.jpg (536x496, 37K)

Honestly? I am looking forward to both this and CTR. anything to get more kart racing on.

Attached: classic_sonic___running_animation_by_elesis_knight-dba38z1.gif (374x540, 2.75M)

my niggas

Attached: 1345872396317.jpg (400x500, 21K)

That's how I am, one for my PS4, and one for my Switch

Not too bad

Attached: 1551232473128.png (783x960, 1.08M)

I really hope they add crossplay in a post release update.

They're being chased by sneed

same

Damn that would be fucking neat.

If they did that plus DLC stages and teams, this would hands down be played for years, and could even be as highly regarded as Transformed.

>inb4 team classic, featuring Classic Sonic in his Drift car and Mighty and Ray in that blue shitbox from that one twitter post about the plus tease

Attached: 1524074471732.png (580x434, 447K)

Team Babylon please

Attached: team_babylon__by_nibroc_rock_d7v8e10-pre.png (945x846, 744K)

>Shoehorning Classic Sonic into another Modern game
Fuck off with that shit.

hey, he said dlc, not part of the base game.

>Team Waifu: Shahra, Merlina, and Lah
>Team Enchilada: Chaos 0, Tikal, and G/emerl
>Team Weak: Infinite, a generic Jackal, and literally just the Phantom Ruby in a go-kart

Attached: 1530575421100.jpg (261x193, 8K)

I'd rather have one of Sonic's shitty friends as DLC instead of another fucking Sonic.

Wouldn't mind that myself, but we can basically recreate the Cyclone with the customization, so I doubt it
If they aren't the first team added through DLC, I could see them being the last one

Attached: Sonic_pose_16.jpg (1024x768, 109K)

I dunno, the hooligans then?

>Infinite is Speed
>Mephiles is Technique
Who is the power type that can complete this team?

Attached: 3ac40a73c15bf687e4ef6bb243668e3ca345e1d6r1-720-681v2_hq.jpg (720x681, 92K)

Attached: 1530641919156.png (513x643, 84K)

Kinda cute

I love this

And you nerds haven't even heard the final lap remixes of all these songs...

Attached: 1550163543850.jpg (720x720, 135K)

Oh fuck

Attached: D1zRA-kWoAAJ-x8.jpg (1024x2048, 66K)

I honestly dislike the bird sonic. There are already too many not-Sonics in the franchise. The other two are fine.

But you're implying Sonic Racing games was always a massive crossover
You faggots are entitled. They wanted to throw you a bone for all those failed dead IPs, and now you feel like they should stay relevant for reasons. It's like F-Zero fans that can't let go.

I don't know his name but it's one cool evil sanic

Attached: 3072059-mephiles.jpg (297x343, 23K)

Oh yeah, mephiles. Duh it's in the picture.

>vector, knuckles, omega, big
All of these are in
>gamma, chaos, egg robo if he showed up, metal knuckles
Dead and should stay dead like Shadow should have had. Literally have of those characters are likely forgotten by modern Sonic Team of today.

was there new info today or something?

Are there not going to be meme characters? One of the reasons I bought Transformed was because of Football Manager, which I found hilarious.

Chao Squad is the meme character.

Big

Retard. Everything is canon because Sonic is a multiversal series. Every and anything is canon as long as it appears in game. So yes, Archie is STILL noncanon, but all Sonic video games made/directed by Sonic Team are canon to each other

Big is now a walking meme because of Aaron Webber. There's also the Chao.

New trailer youtu.be/rbTavayt8xo

Looking pretty fun

Agreed. So glad it got delayed

Same. This is a good year for kart racers.

This just makes it clear games don't work like standard consumerism. If every time I had different tasting apples, or pizza from the same company, people wouldn't buy their shit
>inb4 food analogy
Basically gamers want everything they buy to play differently, even if that goes against standard product branding. Instead of playing CoD, you want Mario with a gun. Instead of playing Minecraft, you want Minecraft to be an RPG fantasy game. As to appeal to the market, it's not a bad thing, just a complicated mess that gamers are just unsatisfiable.

>With modern Mario it's been the opposite ever since Odyssey.
So literally 1 year old. Which was already fucked over by """"""""New"""""""" SMB rehash number 6 and Mario Maker DLC as a new game.

It really is. I've even been playing the All Stars Racing games to get in the mood for this one

Yes user, handheld is dead, so you should just off yourself as well so people don't have to by heldback by old niggers. I'm so tired of nostalgia, it fucking cripples all modern life as we know it. It has ever since science was "too taboo" for everyone, keeping us back for a fucking millennia.

I played Transformed again a couple weeks back but some S rank races kick my ass. I need to git gud.

Black Doom?

>heldback by old niggers
Not a single company operating today can make the modern equivalent to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=bIbU4EwJOAQ

For me it's the last mission in the first game that's kicking my ass, the missions were nowhere near as straightforward as in Transformed

I didn't play too many missions in the original, but they seemed more varied. I also liked how bumpy the terrain was in some stages, and how you could change the course music. Roster and all-star moves were neat too. I'm glad Big is coming back.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Attached: 1552787598655m.jpg (1024x576, 86K)

Have you ever stopped and wondered why some things exist ? Not that it shouldn't, but simply why

He's one of the more unique looking Sonic characters so it's nice to have him in a game that isn't janky fishing.

Attached: D3KnnRnWwAEkogN.jpg large.jpg (1000x500, 57K)

>Sega hasn't done a single good game with that red dude.
Lost World had 8/10 game mechanics, with a 6/10 level design, and there's nothing you can do to change my mind.

Sonic controlled like shit dude, turning felt so awkward and his jump was jank.

Don't have to change your mind to state the truth
youtu.be/-AK3n-srj5E?list=PLr-C4V5-8-PdIXz5rePFmw5CB3R7RPe34&t=3941
This

I would like to argue about this but I can't

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.gif (398x222, 1.01M)

robot
fat cat
croc
boobs

Attached: 1554012875928.jpg (549x556, 27K)

Sonic, Big, & Rouge

If Chaos came as DLC I could see him being like NiGHTS and have him as the car itself.

Chao Car all day erry day

Ive been laughing at this image for 10 mins. How come I never saw it before ?

That would be cool, with a Chao driving him

well hidden

Attached: 1554094060993.jpg (640x623, 33K)

Or Tikal

Attached: Di09xP3W4AAN48x.jpg (720x728, 116K)

Baby, you know it

Attached: 66858c333122d8ff6b923a9758e82608 (1).jpg (236x352, 22K)

Even better, would be a great addition

Better version right here m8

Attached: rip_in_pieces_by_freedomfightersonic-d9ueyhz.jpg (843x948, 129K)

this game is an abomination, it's like making a Smash Bros with only Mario characters and scenery

There was probably more demand for characters like Silver and Blaze than there was for the other SEGA IP.

But why the fuck is it not Transformed 2?

Attached: aku.jpg (225x225, 8K)

*All Stars Racing 3
It's basically a spiritual successor to that game though. It runs on the same engine and plays identically to that game (for better or worse) and really it only lacks the transformations, which is fine by me

Ha, that'd be great.
Team Adventure: Tikal with the Chaos car, that GUN mech you fight three times in SA2, and Adventure Sonic with his original voice actor

>that GUN mech you fight three times in SA2
That's not a character, that's a human inside of a vehicle.