ITT: We fix BoTW

>accessing inventory doesn't pause the game
>healing happens over time
>max health increasing food no longer refills regular hearts

Attached: 020c47857bb1167169e8d176efbfc60f.jpg (480x686, 58K)

what master mode should've been tbqh

Have there be actual obtainable rewards in the world instead of literally nothing.

>max health increasing food no longer refills regular hearts
I want you to think about it and figure out why this is incredibly retard.

kys.

Having full heals be so easy to obtain and abuse makes regular dishes obsolete. Ideally, there would be a use for every kind of food.

Thank god actual fixes instead of "no durability" horseshit. Automatic recovery seems a bit sketchy though.

I can't believe they made a cyberpunk version of BotW.

scrap it entirely and have based koizumi make a real zelda game instead.

"Unique" Recipes have more benefits or entirely unique ones to actually make them worthwhile to make instead a novelty and make the cooking system more complex.

Ability to leave the plateau immediately without resorting to glitches and have the Glyphs and Glider more spread out across Hyrule so you have to work to get them.

LONGER durability for weapons, no need to remove the system entirely, just have shit last longer for fuck sake, this goes double for the Amiiboo unique ones. It isn't hard to get doubles of powerful weapons due Bloodmoon respawning Combat Trials and Shrines (and therefore warp points) are everywhere, it is just tedious to do restock runs. I don't hate the system, i just think they had too low points value for most weapons, shields and bows seem fine though.

Attached: 1489977588855.png (1209x2093, 3.8M)

>oh nice, this equipment makes link climb faster
>finally got all of the climbing armor, maybe I can do it while it rains now

Attached: 1506714429748.png (165x185, 58K)

Realistically I would overhaul the game entirely and outsource the development.
I was not a fan of anything in it. Everything seemed half-assed and unengaging.
Exploration is the cornerstone of the game's design, but there's nothing but the usual suspects behind every nook and the dozen or so halfway unique elements are shallow as all get out.
It's the perfect video game for somebody who doesn't play video games. Despite the cries of harkening back to 1986 and webms of bokoblins one-hitting Link out of context, the game is the complete antithesis of difficult and is quite inoffensive and incredibly forgiving.
It's a jack of all trades, and for what it's worth I suppose it does that well enough.
I'd personally rather have a more focused production, with more depth and mechanical ingenuity. BotW feels like it was developed by five separate teams who never talked during production, and then stitched together by a sixth.
As it stands I'm still waiting for a worthwhile addition to the franchise in this century.
Better luck next time, Fuji. For what it's worth I did genuinely enjoy the Oracles. Seems like you used up all your creative juices on them, though. Itsuno's doing your job better.
Maybe ditch Aonuma, as if that's possible in the ass backwards hierarchy that is Japanese corporate culture.
4/10, I fell asleep playing it on release night, and I was working third shift at the time.

What's the point of free climbing?

>Ability to repair weapons when they break using ore, type of ore/quantity depends on the weapon (big swords will require more ore than boomerangs)

>mfw I realized this wasn't a Rain World thread

Attached: 1522607794460.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

>longer durability
This, durability was fine but poorly implemented, realisticly swords could last hundreds of battles, just make them last longer but also make them more rare, or just make better ones more rare, if weapons were to last 10x as long but you could get like 3 in 15 minutes there wouldn't be a point.

It allows you to actually Climb that Mountain™ unlike Skyrim, for the most part.

I really don't get why everyone was down on durability. I enjoyed the old form of having one weapon and upgrading it through unique sidequests that took you all over the game map, but durability wasn't breaking my heart, no pun intended.
I spent more time breaking my fingers to throw shit out than breaking weapons. What the fuck were you guys fighting anyway? The game felt devoid of enemy encounters.
I'd say that is what killed the game more than durability. How the fuck are you not gonna have enemies in dungeons, at the very least?

The game spits out weapons like nothing, rendering the durability aspect pretty much completely worthless.That and most chests just have some shit weapon so there's no point in trying for them in shrines

Yeah but if I would have climbed that mountain, I wouldn't have gotten my dick kicked by that frost troll or gotten all the exposition from stone tablets and NPCs, which ironically is what happened to me on my first playthrough of Zora's Domain.
Could they have at least made it fun? It's like playing Spiderman but he's got stage four cancer. I genuinely don't understand it at all.
You can't even climb into the divine beasts from multiple entrances and shit like Aonuma lied about, and even if you do utilize it for Hyrule Castle, once again, you miss the actual content of the castle. Fuck me what a worthless mechanic. Autistic tree climbing simulator for Miyamoto's senile ass, 11/10.

I feel like the climbing is more of an option to skip content rather than a road to access it.

I kinda figured there would be a downside, like randomly generated enemy spawns more often off the beaten path and/or while you're climbing, other than the pushover skeleton palette swaps who like their counterparts can't keep up with Link's brisk walking pace.
I really didn't get any feeling of threat when walking about at all. It's just a lot of empty space from A to B and I'm still dumfounded at the concept.
If the journey from A to B isn't half the challenge, then what's the point of making it take so damn long? It's the most arbitrary form of padding I've ever seen. Elder Scrolls has deniability in that it's attempting to be immersive, and in the case of Morrowind it literally was a challenge to get from A to B and you had limitations and enemies up your ass.
I don't have any clue why Hyrule needed to be this big, while ironically feeling smaller in scale than Ocarina's Hyrule (E.G. Death Mountain is a behemoth towering over Hyrule and Castle Town, but now is a mole hill that takes five minutes to circumvent).
I've never seen a worse world design since that stupid Homefront sequel.

the fact that just cooking 1 shitty hearty food makes a full heal makes it too easy

It's not padding, people wanted a sanbox Zelda and they got one,;who would've guessed that making an expansive world with multiple methods of travel means that the developers can't meticulously design combat scenarios unless you're in a shrine or dungeon.

>What the fuck were you guys fighting anyway?
Everything, that said, it was fun to exploit weaknesses (IE. Fire Weapon in ice areas to oneshot even big enemies)

The issue with durability is that it is just busy work that fails to do what it was intended to do, since even "Rare" weapons aren't rare and "normal" weapons are frankly entirely unviable, if you actually fight shit things break regularly unless it is the Master Sword which just "breaks".

Lets put it this way.

Shields:
The purposefully overpowered Hylian shield has 800 Durability.
The Amiibo reward Hero's Shield has 90.
The Main Quest reward Daybreaker has 60.
Most have 20.
Potlid has 10.
Lizal Shield has 8 and is the weakest.

Shields generally don't lose durabillity at the same rate as weapons (partly due Parry), peopel don't really complain about shields breaking.

Bows:
Ancient Bow has 120.
Bow of Light has 100 and is related to the Final Boss and doesn't use arrows.
The Amiibo reward Twilight Bow has 100 and doesn't use arrows.
The Main Quest Reward Great Eagle Bow has 60.
Savage Lynel Bow has 45.
Boko bow is the weakest at 16.

The headshot mechanic and high variance and power in Arrows means you are unlikely to need to shoot a lot in combat, people rarely complain about bows breaking.

Melee weapons:

The Main Quest Reward Lightscale Trident has 70.
The Master Sword has 40 (No DLC,and it "breaks" to a timer).
The Main Quest reward Schmitar of the Seven has 60.
The Main Quest reward Boulder Breaker has 60.
The Amiboo reward Biggoron Sword is 60
The Amiboo reward Sword of Six Sages is 50
The Amiboo reward Goddess Sword is 45
The Amiboo reward Fierce Deity Sword is 35
The Amiboo reward Sword is 27
The Amiboo reward Sea-breeze Boomerang is 20.

Most weapons don't break 30, "joke" ones don't ever break 10.

You generally need to hit the enemy A LOT unless you use a Oneshot elemental weakness and the dodgecounter outright relies on spamming multiple hits so weapons drop theirs more often.

Koizumi is a hack faggot. Fujibayashi already cucked him

I have a Switch, should I get this game?

I didnt like the NES Zelda and I dont like Ubiworlds, anything for me?

Do you like open-world games? If so yes 100%

how much does the powered up Master Sword have? If not DLC then how much in hyrule castle or near guardians?

That's the point of randomly generating enemy spawns, and to give the world tension and have some fucking gameplay.
Seems they couldn't "meticulously design combat scenarios unless you're in a shrine or dungeon" because of you'd have played the game you'd know there aren't any fucking enemies inside either, save for a mini-guardian and a floating skull here or there.
Imagine playing in a sandbox with some good toys but no fucking sand. Game's a fucking embarrassment.

Don't have the data unfortunately, i heard approximations from 120(trippled) to 175 to 200.

I was mostly using no DLC data because that is what i have concrete from the Pre-DLC guide, but the gist is the numbers are just kinda low for Meleeweapons considering the frequency of drops compared to shields and bows.

I think i recall something that it will never break in Hyrule Castle/Ganon Fight specifically and durability losses being halved in glow mode back when the game released, but you need to have it actually glow.

No user you're the retard, and so is Nintendo because they somehow couldn't come up with a system that gives the player bonus hearts without healing them to full health. Fucking Hollow Knight, an indie game made by three people, figured it out.

>"i'm a zoomer and botw was my first zelda game": the post
koizumi made the best games in the series and 3d zelda has gone to shit without him. aonuma is the true hack who's turning zelda into far cry.

Attached: zeldafarcry.jpg (1920x1080, 1.5M)

It's the other way around; there's plenty of sand to play with, but the only toy you have is a half broken trowel and a bucket with no bottom.

It's fucking pointless. Tacking on 6 extra hearts is functionally the same as refilling 6 regular heart containers.

>complaining about the best mechanic
Commit sudoko.

>Exploration is the cornerstone of the game's design
No it's not. Exploration is a consequence. The cornerstone is player freedom in interaction with the game world.

BotW has more in common with MM than any other zelda game.

>functionally the same
It's absolutely not and you're still retarded.

Let's say you have six hearts, and three of those hearts are empty. You use an item that gives you two bonus hearts on top. You still have three empty regular hearts, which you can then heal with (theoretically) more common healing items. The problem is that BotW is stupidly imbalanced so that mechanical nuance doesn't matter, you'd need a level of scarcity that the game simply doesn't have 99.99% of the time.

Oh boy, time to whip out my .txt file. Got even more in my head, but I'll have to type it up later on.

>More unique weapons types with their own variants, and one-off weapons like a whip and ball & chain
>There is now a poison type variety of weapon for lances, axes, & swords
>a hookshot can now be found at some point at endgame or post-game, like the master cycle
>Glider can be upgraded
>spherical Bombs can now be rolled
>more Hyrule-wide flora & fauna, as well as 2~3 unique ones in each region

More enemies such as
>deku babas
>wall masters
>poes
>dark nuts
>iron knuckles
>armos
>ropes
>kargorocs
>deku scrubs
>miniblins
>peahats
>wolfos
>skulltula
>gibdo
>ghi/ghido
>redeads
>molodrums
>freezards
>likelikes
>tektites
>leevers
Some of these can be given lots of AI, others won't need it. Some can be given regional variants or stronger variants. Some innately offer unique challenges not offered by other enemies.

>A number of shrines' puzzles are now moved/transitioned outside, with the shrine itself merely being the reward room.
>Non-horse mounts can now be stored under certain circumstances or after a certain amount or type of progress.

>by the time you get the bike it's worthless
>entire game is powering up for ganon, but he's absurdly easy if you actually play the game's content

Sure, all the Divine Beasts shooting him looks cool, but what's not so cool is it cheaps you out of half the fight.