Games that need a switch port

games that need a switch port

Attached: 51twChrEw5L.jpg (305x436, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0voLqws10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have this on XB1 and never played. Is it worth it?

And the first one.

Attached: PSP2i.png (291x500, 358K)

>Switch port begging thread
Why are Switchfags like this?

Portable 1 is Universe-lite in P3P format. Leave that shit on the PSP.

Ah, the good old times when Microsoft actually gave a shit about the Xbox brand.

I tried replaying the game recently and can't get to the ending because my Disc 3 is scratched and would just freeze at the weird cube world. I even tried the toothpaste meme.

hur durr I don't understand why someone would want a game to be portable either

My PS Vita got stolen

Attached: Muramasa_The_Demon_Blade.jpg (266x374, 33K)

it needs to be ported to all consoles

Attached: Tony_Hawks_Underground_2_PS2.jpg (220x281, 20K)

>Switch
>Portable

Attached: 1470015621880.jpg (244x294, 25K)

more gamecube games pls

Attached: sa2b.jpg (480x360, 38K)

As a 31yo, I don't really see a place for portable games in my life. If I'm outside, I'm not gonna be doing the same shit I do at home. Read a fucking book if you're on a plane.

you sound miserable

The port begging is getting out of control.

Typical excuse used by nintenlards

Attached: ports.jpg (960x726, 284K)

Gravity Rush 2

I mean, portables are good for the bathroom and when you’re staying at a hotel. Maybe while you’re in bed too if your only TV is in the living room.

It has a charming story/atmosphere and an interesting combat system based on timing. It by no means feel like a Dragon Quest ripoff. Be sure to play on hardest available difficulty because it's easy to over level.

You didn’t when the Vita was competing with the 3DS.

>implying the shitch could ever run it

lol

Why wouldn't it be able to? It looks okay at best

>less available games is better
The absolute state of retards

The full deal, not the shitty 360/PS3 remakes.

Attached: crysis.jpg (800x1143, 163K)

Why the people assume portable means playing it outside, I like protables because I can play them in my bed or while I'm taking a shit. I've never played any of my portables outside

Attached: idort_diamond_race.png (748x1082, 131K)

Wow, le ebin book meme. No ones ever said this before you’re so smart for being the first to say it

Attached: 97650524-FE63-4A4A-B2B8-36CD2E8F7A6F.jpg (1024x603, 76K)

The switch is literally a slow,portable PS4.
ANY code written for the PS4 have direct equivalents on the switch.
But if you just copy paste the code exactly, the switch will run the code at 10fps or so, so you need to cripple stuff until it runs well.

Alternatively, you can write the thing for the switch from the ground up, using the "ps4 like features" to actually dodge the system biggest flaw (the memory speed), and get a much better result, but no one does that.

I am, but because I have a fuckton of government-related shit I have to do this week.

Okay this I can get behind. Remember playing BotW on the Switch's tablet in bed. Was comfy.

It is sound advice, user. I even hooked up once because I was reading aboard.

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m a litfag.
I’ve read all the good bullshit, House of Leaves, the meme that is Infinite Jest, the whole catalogue of Vonnegut.
I just have a problem with retards that constantly spout the “just read a book niba” thing, as if you can’t just do both since plane rides are long as fuck.
And besides I’m in a happy relationship, but thank you. It’s actually somewhat impressive you picked up on someone just through reading.

Attached: 34A0C62A-AB4F-4298-B819-9B24053905A6.png (520x549, 225K)

The absolute bullshit I have to read on this board.

The Switch uses a custom Tegra SOC, which uses ARM based architecture, it's quite literally a golrified tablet.

The PS4/Xbone use a custom APU (classic CPU+GPU combo) running a classic x86 PC architecture.

ARM based processors have gotten quite good overtime and can emulate x86 instructions but it's nowhere near close performance wise. The reason you see Switch ports that look good enough is because modern high profile games waste ton of computing power on fancy shader effects.

Just put every WiiU exclusive on Switch already so I can bin that stupid console

Attached: 2528167-1662470-mo9nr6z.jpg (3000x2100, 1.11M)

From a programmer standpoint, there's no difference between ARM and x86, because the game code is all written in C/C++.
The only difference is that the ARM code will run slower (or a tad faster per code, but slow when you count the core count difference in this case).
And while you can't literally use the sony API, you will find everything the sony API offer on the Nvidia API.
So, change some names and the code just boot and run.

I'm backing off, then. Also pretty happy for you, user. Good to know not everyone in here is miserable.

And well, I was reading The magic mountain and some engineer girl asked me about it, thinking it was some Jodorowsky shit. We ended up exchanging numbers by the end of the flight. It was pretty simple.

Except it's not that simple to port a game. You can take the REmake 2 code and adapt it for ARM but that doesn't mean your job is done.

You'd need to completely rework the lightning system, cut down models complexity, butcher texture work, rework how the game loads, maybe some more things. You can't just "run the same code bro". You have some engine features that are purely and simply incompatible with current ARM SOCs due to practical issues.

The switch don't use your typical Open GL ES3.0 ARM SoC.
It is basically a low end DirectX12 compliant laptop video chip with some really beefy ARM chips on it.
Every single feature available on the PS4 GPU is available on the Switch.
But for obvious reasons those features run slower.
And the ARM CPU itself makes zero difference on the way you write the code, because it has the same strong and weak points as a regular x86 CPU.
Actually, the thing used on the Switch is quite an aberration of an ARM CPU, as it has shit like out of order execution, branch prediction, 3 instructions per cycle pipeline (compared to the 2 instructions per cycle of the jaguar cores), so it's even closer in terms of what you can and can't do.
Also while it is not optimal at fucking all, you can actually "just run the same code bro", but you end with shit like the frame rate being halved and having to use stupid resolutions like 640p with the best AA you can do to mask off the shit.

between its huge size, shit ergonomics and shit battery life, the switch is barely "portable" to begin with. if that wasn't bad enough, portable mode makes so many games look and run like shit compared to docked. people need to stop this meme already.

Portables mean you don't have to play a game in a specific room in your house. I play on the toilet, in my living room, in my bed, at my desk, and in my kitchen. Can't do that with a console.

>The switch is literally a slow,portable PS4.
is that why it struggles to run ps3 games?

Attached: 1511506006196.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

and here's what it would look like:
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0voLqws10

For the same reason why the PS4 and PC struggle with PS3 games, the power of the CELL.
Or more specifically, games optimized to hell to use the massive floating point performance of the CPU, while completely dodging conditional branching like a vampire and crosses, which is EXACTLY the opposite you need to do on a regular x86 like CPU.

Attached: cell.jpg (640x480, 44K)

>huge size
You got baby hands or something?

Don’t even try to play that card, sausage fingers.