Has Yea Forums ever been BTFO by a game this hard before?

Pre-release
>OMG you can revive after dying? Miyazaki pandering to casuals
>NO Leveling up, no mulitplayer? Wow that's a no buy, zero replay ability!
>Critics are calling it easier than all the other Souls games. HAHA
>Only 12 GB download? SHORT AS HELL LMAO
>Apparantly it only has a handful of bosses LOL
>Another game we can just R1 spam to death Lmao

Post-Launch
>AAAAAAAH WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH DRAGONROT, I ALREADY HAVE 4
>THIS IS SO FUCKING HARD, WHY CAN'T I JUST FARM LEVELS AND SUMMON HELP
>OMG DODGING DOES NOTHING, AND IM NOT SKILLED ENOUGH TO PARRY ALL THE ATTACKS
>WHY IS THIS GAME SO HARD
>TOO MANY MINI-BOSSES, THEY'RE SO HARD
>IM LOST AGAIN, WHERE THE HELL DO I GO?
>MIYAZAKI YOU MADE IT TOO HARD
>I QUIT!!!!

Attached: sekiro-24-1534764186.jpg (1920x1080, 442K)

>mfw it's actually good, and I'm just bathing in nu-Yea Forums tears while enjoying this masterpiece

Attached: manly.jpg (1080x1246, 100K)

it has nothing to do with parrying. The damage sponge bosses and mini-bosses ruin the game. If parrying was all you had to do, I wouldn't be so upset. It's the fact you gotta cleave at enemies for 5-10 to get them down to the threshold where you can posture kill them.

5-10minutes*

>The damage sponge bosses and mini-bosses ruin the game
Faggot that pokes and runs away instead of going all out and parrying/dodging everything detected

git gud
You can literally take bosses down in 30 seconds with perfect parries and aggression

>>OMG you can revive after dying? Miyazaki pandering to casuals
Its a uslesess mechanic.
>>NO Leveling up, no mulitplayer? Wow that's a no buy, zero replay ability!
You have 0 reasons to play ng+, its the same shit.
>>Critics are calling it easier than all the other Souls games. HAHA
>>Only 12 GB download? SHORT AS HELL LMAO
There is no content and the tileset are: sengoku snow castle, cave, sengoku castle without snow, underwater. Thats litterally every tileset in game.
>>Apparantly it only has a handful of bosses LOL
10 bosses and a lot of "tougher enemies" you cant consider a boss.
>>Another game we can just R1 spam to death Lmao
Basically how you kill everything except few rare occasions.

Play the game.

There's only damage sponges if you hit and run away instead of parying like the Game asks you to.

>post-launch
>retard casual youtubers have completed the game in 2 days

I did lady butterfly parrying every single strike and shuriukened her unparriable attack. Litterally 0 damage taken and it took a shitton to get her down.

>Play the game.
Oh the irony.

WRONG

I'm at Corrupted Monk and, subsequently, O'Rin Of The Water and they're both damage sponges up the ass. Even when I keep the aggression I'm doing chip damage and their posture recovers instantly.

Pary is what builds her meter but doing damage build it faster.
If you parry then sidestep you can get 4-5 hits in which fills her bar.

I just side-step attack to cheese though

Literally all you have to do on O rin is parry all her attacks and double jump when she does the red symbol, you will deal a shit ton of posture damage

Which is why they popup a tip that says some enemies are more suited for dodge countering right before that fight.

Honestly for me It was like the first time playing dark souls all over again I was getting shit on and hating it, then something clicked and I started playing really well and kill most bosses with two-three tries
It's froms best game yet second only to bloodborne IMO.

>damage sponge
I don't really get this argument.

I'm playing through DMD difficulty in DMC5 right now and the enemy HP is 4x the normal, and they get massive damage resistance in devil trigger, but I'm having a great time since they can actually stay alive long enough to force me to get creative with them.

Is it because Sekiro's combat is so simple?

The novelty of the Souls-like hardness has long worn off. I don't think the genre has gotten harder since DS1, but I've stopped caring enough to overcome them.

Wait a second, can you parry attacks from bosses? Not talking about human sized sword fighters, i mean legit beasts like that bull or the guy on horseback.

yes....
can you people read?

Really well said.

>The novelty of the Souls-like hardness has long worn off.
And thats why sekiro is not a souls-like

Why don't you just play Sekiro? It's not like DmC at all most peole cry because the enemies can actual kill you

i really hate dark-soul fags

Because I got incredibly fucking tired of the Souls formula from DaS2 and DaS3, both games are unfun, uncreative slogs through boring areas with uninspired bosses that just made me feel relieved to not have to play it anymore.

The most fun I had was pvping in the remaster, but even that was rancid shit with the changes they made. Souls died to me, all I really have are the memories.

Attached: owned.webm (568x320, 2.8M)

Sekiro actually feels fresh. I haven't had a challenge like this since my first Soulsborne game. Soulsfags are the ones angry about the game because it is way harder than them.

A friend of mine explained how bosses work to me, and it does seem a little interesting. I might pirate it to see how it plays and buy it if I like it

Wouldn't call it a masterpiece. I don't think the boss design is super good, and no multiplayer hurts. Its still good on basis of the combat mechanics alone though.

the game really starts to shine once you get to ashina castle, fighting lady butterfly i realized this is a rythm game.
level design is much better than bb and ds3.

>I might pirate it to see how it plays and buy it if I like it
Patrician

no fucking games have demos nowadays, how the fuck am I supposed to try anything?

Im a lazy fucker so I buy away on steam and use the refund system if needed.

All of you faggots will cry when retarded streamers like asmongold will beat the game twice as fast as Dark Souls 3.

You'll be baited. Nowdays all the AAA games are good the first 2 hours, then is shit. This one is no exception.

Because DMC is a game with a million options to approach the boss and weave your way through enemies. While Sekiro is literally mash R1 and royale guard every so often. So yeah you're correct.

the average age of Yea Forums is 16. its full of ADD addled twitter / reddit faggots.
FUCK YOU ALL.

Most people who play DMC never get to dmd so they never get to enemies who kill you.

fuck you, cunt

why is this shit still happening after
>demon souls
>dark souls
>dark souls 2
>bloodborne
>dark souls 3
>now sekiro and this shit STILL HAPPENS

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.24 - 18.02.02.02.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

I gotta be honest out of all the Soulslike games, Sekiro is easily the most tilting.
I have been stuck in Soulslike before, of course Ornstein&Smoug, or Fume Knight caused me some trouble on my first playthroughs.
But never did dieing make me this mad. Its always some weird jump attack that for some reason has unexpected large amounts of tracking and deals about 70% dmg.
In addition, taking the risk to parry attacks on bosses doesnt seem to be a good strategy to defeating them.
For example the Ashura Spear miniboss, you can parry his thrusting attacks that almost oneshot you, but the posture damage is kinda low in comparison. Its a lot easier to just dodge and run around and hit him with the whirlwind a bunch of times till hes dead.
Makes the whole posture/parrying thing somewhat pointless.

Attached: 1549221511708.gif (191x256, 223K)

>Nowdays all the AAA games are good the first 2 hours
The only AAA games I have bought on steam in the last 2 years is RE2 and Sekiro.
Most of the games are kind of niche.
>Cryptark
>Crypt of the necrodancer
>Butcher
>Akane
>Desync
>Endhall
>Prime mover
>The free ones
>Impulsion
>Opus magnum
>Immortal: Unchained
>Zeno Clash 1 & 2
I started enjoying videogames after deciding to ignore AAA games, with some exceptions.
And I wouldn't call Sekiro a AAA game, feels more like a AA game.

Is it me, or does the dying system in Sekiro feels extremelly tense?
>DS
>die
>gotta be careful and take your shit back

>sekiro
>die
>resurect
>A) go back to the spawn and try again
>B) keep pressing on, with the risk of fucking your NPCs permanently if you die again
The fact that you can actually play it safe, and having the option to actually risk it all and keep going feels pretty good.

What mechanics, it's as bare bones as dark souls.

Can you parry the bull?

Except just dying once and not resurrecting still spreads dragonrot my guy, you've been lied to.

>From Software
>Good developer

I really wonder why people never complain about difficulty in such games.

Modern gamers got super spoiled holy shit. Back then action games were simple as fuck and also fun as fuck, basing on solid base mechanics and variety trough level design and enemy design, being these two mixed for even more variety.

You mean dying once and ressurecting.. I'm not sure about that. People have said that might not be the case.

>Die
>Resurrect
>Go to totem
>Rest

>B) keep pressing on, with the risk of fucking your NPCs permanently if you die again
It would be a good incentive if the NPCs were good. I don't give a single fuck about them dying.

>even reviewers and twitchfags know it's not that hard
>falseflaggers on Yea Forums are still trying to push it's the hardest game ever

Attached: 1522874940803.png (368x394, 293K)

>Is it because Sekiro's combat is so simple?
It's not like it's THAT simple, it's more that it's completely geared towards parrying.
Imagine a DMC game where you only have Royal Guard and any other option you have does chip damage to bosses, and bosses also have Royal Guard/Release but statistically bloated.
And now imagine if Royal Guard actually had the activation delay of Souls game where the actual parry window came later than when you press circle, or L1 in this case.
Oh and also imagine how Geryon still charges an Instakill status on you even if you perfect parry him, and also had circular AoE slowdown.

The game has some good ideas but it's bogged down by a design that bottlenecks gameplay into something mindboggingly stupid that turns it into a whack a mole rhythm minigame for most of what you fight, outside of the actually good bosses, like Genichiro which do make use of the combat system like they're supposed to be.

Because of le epic its meant to be hard meme which is used to justify every poor design decision and trying to make an action game with Soulsborne piss poor action mechanics. They're punishing which raises the skill floor but fuck me are they massively overblown and the gap between ceiling and floor is...nothing.

Does this really work?

No I mean not resurrecting, if you are killed and chose not to resurrect but instead spawn back at the statue thing the dragonrot still spreads.

Nice webm, thank you. No one will be able to say that his hand "clipped" like 1 millimeter of Sekiro's hair.

Honestly not to speak to early but ive done all the side shit so far and just beat orin of the water and the game isnt unfairly hard.
its easily the hardest souls game and the boss fights are like 4 minute long grueling fights where you need to focus the entire time but once you get the parry timing down and learn not to panic and chug at the right times none of the fights are unfair and you can take down all the bosses fairly easily.
ill probably get btfod by whoever the final boss is but we'll see.

You don't need a huge variety for good combat. Mount and Blade is skill based and has a good amount of depth for the little amount of mechanical variety. I tend to prefer games that give you just the tools you need. Compare something like DMC to Bayonetta. Bayonetta has way more fucking moves on everything but it doesn't really add much to the experience, most of it is just animation fluff. DMC gives you exactly the tools that each weapon needs with minimal fluff.

Been doing that, and I never saw anyone getting dragonrot again and I die a fucking lot.
I might be wrong tho.

How the fuck to kill Genichiro Ashina?

ive tested it, revive doesnt cause dragonrot at all.

Because that's how grab attacks work, if you are in the hitbox you get snapped back into the grab. The way to make them look nice would be to make the hitbox smaller but then it wouldn't be "hard". There's a lot of fuckery like this in this game. Thrust attacks have gigantic hitboxes to stop you from jumping over them and will track 90 degrees in 5 frames (essentially becoming a sweep) if you dodge too early.

More like he steped into his hand instead of steping back.
But I get it, it's easier to blame the game.

these sort of bait threads are fucking terrible
it's probably the same 2-3 falseflaggers too

Lol didn't play the game.

see this

haha good job sociopath hope you enjoyed causing people stress

Git gud.

Attached: F.jpg (1280x720, 266K)

I can't beat the ogre.
I can't beat the spear guy.
I can't beat the drunk guy.
I get fucked up just trying to get to the latter two.
Truly I am the worst player on Yea Forums.

>cheesing o'rin with monk combo kicks
Haha git fucked bitch.

Will I like this game if I got memed into buying every shitty Soulsborne game since DaS1 but only liked DaS1? Is Sekiro actually unique in comparison and not just a watered down repackaging like every other fucking FromSoft game?

Attached: 30273689652.png (1600x1435, 1.43M)

DMC has a very free flowing combo system and loads of small little interactions that let you keep in the action which excellent variety, Dark Souls doesn't and its the """"puzzles"""" of its systems to handle things the toolkit cant cover are the exact fucking same everytime; use stab iframes and kite. It's system not good enough in a game where everything enemies do tracks like fuck but your dodge is no better a tool than blooborne.
Then there is the implementation of the parry system where it means that grunt enemies mean nothing 80% of the time and bosses completely ignore them because the implementation of it is impossible to balance unlike say MGR:R.
I did, hell it has even less variety than soulsborne.

jump her unblockable sweep, do air special, attack, repeat.
then bring down her stamina, I can post vids if you want.

his hands cause magnetic shockwaves through the air duh.
why are you complaining about realism in a fantasy game?

Attached: smuganimereactionpicture.jpg (165x207, 23K)

Combat plays completelt different.
No character building, no stats. But combat requires better reflexes.

they take away rolling i-frames and everyone loses their shit

It's Dark Souls meets Tenchu but gains nothing good from either; it's RPG systems are weak at best, the levels are very linear, the stealth is barebones to fuck and contrary to what people say, the fundamentals of the combat system are exactly the same (all they did was speed it up like bloodborne and make parrying easier).

learn the spear step move, posture is vital you just need to actually hit them so they cant regen it and it goes down faster first.
posture and parrying is literally mandatory for one particular boss.

You're a lonely person in a dreary world where you trek from one bonfire to the next where dying or resting respawns enemies except bosses that mark as progress markers on your path.

Yep, it's a souls-like.

no it requires cheese and luck. The input lag is so bad that you cant parry.

how the fuck are all these streamers parrying so easily then

easily the most unique game in the series, posture system is great and jump is important.
if you dont like it just refund it on steam.

>You're a lonely person in a dreary world where you trek from one bonfire to the next where dying or resting respawns enemies except bosses that mark as progress markers on your path.
That's literally 90% of all videogames you fucking mong.

If you go frame by frame you can clearly see the frame where the ogre's ring finger intersects with sekiro's lezzy hairbun, causing an instantaneous 90 degrees turn.

Attached: sekiro_hitboxes.png (1280x1440, 1.67M)

Based Miyazaki exposing soulsdrones this hard.

How is FIFA or Sim City anything like that?

>You were indicted

I don't know why reading that always comes off as so fucking funny to me

The average Yea Forumsiring is all bark and no bite.

I consider this a better compliment to be honest with you

Attached: bye bye.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

its called a hitbox.
idk wtf kinda dodge that was but you did it too early and didnt go far enough.
do it late or press dodge twice or jump and dodge backwards.

I'm on like try 50 of butterfly lady because I was doing what the game told me to do which was parry at the last possible second. Turns out you do hit it before they even swing. Thanks, From.

90% is not 100%retard

It's literally all based around learning every enemy moveset just to parry them to initiate deathblows. That's it. If you weren't actually skilled enough to read the enemy's choreography in DaS to parry their moves, you're going to have a bad time.

You can't cheese bosses so easily anymore because the game makes bosses health sponges that can only be taken down quickly enough if you break their posture.

The game basically forces you to get better or suffer for being a bitch (poking bosses and fleeing back and forth). If you want to beat them fast, you have to learn to parry them accurate and maintain an aggressive fighting style to not lose the posture damage you've inflicted thus far,

No chaos zwei or baby-mode drake sword in this game, no stat dumping to roid yourself, just the same blade throughout the whole game and your reflexes.

Attached: 1551484959219.jpg (800x600, 57K)

It’s straight up the same shit that happened with REmake 2. People bitched that the zombies took too much damage and that Mr. X destroyed the game.

Shit’s pretty hilarious, it’s crazy how many arm chair game devs are here that want to try and call games bad when they don’t understand their base mechanics.

Does parrying even work on bosses/minibosses?
The only way I have been able to kill them is by dodging so far.
I can parry enemies perfectly but for bosses or mini bosses I literally have never been able to once

Name one game that ticks those boxes that aren't a blatant souls-like then. Should be simple enough.

It's actually too late, not too early. And he did it too late because he was coming out of one of sekiro's longwinded attack animations. Go through the video frame by frame and everything will be revealed.

>DMC
>Ni-Oh
>Dark Souls
>OMG THIS GAYME IS TOTES HARD

Attached: an actually difficult game.png (259x194, 7K)

Shovel knight
Ghost and goblins
Uncharted
Hollow knight
Metroid
Diablo

Okay, kid. I'm not sure what point your trying to make out by pretending you are mentally disabled and cannot identify patterns but it's not a good one.

You can absolutely parry bosses for normal attacks, and do a Mikiri Counter for thrust attacks too. The whole point is to counter their moves to quickly break their posture and do a deathblow.

>Soulsborne games usually fall apart towards the end
>Sekiro becomes great while the beginning is pretty lackluster.
Pretty weird.

Attached: 1523771404968.jpg (497x373, 28K)

the game is actually short and has like 5 proper bosses though owl, dragon, isshin, genichiro, and lady butterfly, demon of hatred is optional, I don't know if I missed anything desu
t. already finished it

It's ridiculously difficult at times, when I get tilted af I just quit and watch dumb YouTube videos, get back to it and eventually make it
I guess this is what Dark Souls feels like to people who are even worse at video games than me

This game is easier than the Souls games. It took me 12 hours to beat O&S, I gave up on Maneaters in DeS, Dancer took me a good four hours on DS3 (I summoned for most of the other late game bosses), but so far I had no trouble in Sekiro. There only enemy that took more than five attempts so far is the Drunk guy and his monkey crew in the woods because I insisted in dodging instead of parrying for some reason. I took out Genichiro first try, grandma on like four tries, bull and spearguy first try too.

Opposite for me. O&S was easy as fuck

HK is about as blatant soulsclone as you could get away with.

>You're a lonely person
In all those games you are on your on, unless you play with friends, just like dark souls
>in a dreary world where you trek from one bonfire to the next
Bonfire = Checkpoint
>where dying or resting respawns enemies
To be fair, diablo doesn't meet this requirement
>bosses that mark as progress markers on your path
Unless we talk about puzzle games or point and click adventures, most games have bosses who are literal milestones.

Guardian Ape, Corrupted Monk

Literally the same thing happened for Dark Souls and Bloodborne. I hope you faggots can recognize the pattern by now.

Those are all fairly easy except that faggot spear dude. Just keep at it.

You make the game sound pretty good, might give it a shot

>>Only 12 GB download? SHORT AS HELL LMAO
>>Apparantly it only has a handful of bosses LOL
these are still legitimate complaints though. it is too short and it needs far more bosses

>no stat dumping to roid yourself
You can do that though. If you gather all the mask pieces you can exchange 5 Skill Points for 1 Attack Power.

Who thought Bloodborne was as hard as Sekiro apart from DSP?

bless this post

Attached: 50874064_2254169814848865_1636783268814651392_n.jpg (615x615, 39K)

Where do you get the last mask piece anyway?

feels amazing mate

Attached: 1531798905784.jpg (334x506, 42K)

If you've been playing Souls games since the beginning, then you have already have at the very least a rudimentary level of skill with the parrying system. If you're already good at it, you'll end up running through the game really fucking fast like everyone else is.

The game basically feels like the From went, "Hey, you know that mechanic (parrying) most tards sucked at? Let's make that the centerpiece for this game!"

oh right, the monk was forgettable but I have no idea how I could not mention APE

I've never seen a strawman THIS bad

>Because DMC is a game with a million button mashing to approach the boss and weave your way through enemies.
ftfy

I'm not really enjoying the combat. Went to take some old lady's bell back to the monk statue and got put in a flashback or something. Doesn't feel like the game is made with fighting multiple enemies in mind so it's just annoying

have sex

Attached: fromcucks.png (1352x3728, 3.19M)

>Tfw always fucking hated parrying in souls games
>game is literally reaction parry everything: the motion picture
>except if you die too much the npcs also kick it

I'm mad as hell!!!!!!!

How does reviving work again? I died a bunch of times and lost the XP and money I gained.

Most of that was baiting.. But yeah the games fucking awesome

I find the bosses easier than souls but normal enemies way tougher

I got the game friday night and have already killed the armoured knight and gotten to the depths

I have yet to die more than 4 times to a boss, you idiots struggling don't use your arm properly

Attached: wevebeenwaiting.png (888x894, 520K)

Kino. I guess the reason why Dark Souls 3 was so shit is because Miyazaki was saving everything for Sekiro.

Attached: bravo.jpg (3840x2160, 356K)

You lose half money and skill exp when you die. You have a chance (Unseen Aid) to recover it upon death. The more you die the less is that chance.

>how long to beat says 13 hours
>already at 20 something with 3 bosses beat
Can someone explain? Everyone I know says it took them 40-50 hours.

>damage sponge
>I'm upset
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The only high IQ post ITT

Attached: 1485362536917.jpg (764x551, 263K)

I´m finally trough with it, first real blind run, isolated myself from everything sekiro related for at least 6months. took me 50hours, about 10hours alone were for the last real boss fights:Demon of hatred and Gichiro/Isshin. My stats 19Vit 13Att.
Ending:
Dragonhomecoming

Attached: 1525707493729.png (485x443, 26K)

And what is this dragonrot the old guy talked about? The more you die the sicker he gets?

here's a better comparison faggot :)

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.23 - 22.38.18.03.DVR.webm (924x518, 2.95M)

>Doesn't feel like the game is made with fighting multiple enemies in mind so it's just annoying
This also fighting mobs doesn't really help you get any better because they die so quick

IGN were shitters and got bad/early ending

Been playing Ninja Gaiden Black while I wait for my Japanese version of Sekiro to arrive, these fucking newfags man I swear

You can skip shit? Why would you wanna do that?

>outright fucking lying
>again

I'm at 30h and just reached near endgame.

>I summoned for most of the other late game bosses
Opinion discarded, fuckboi

Yeah, the Unseen Aid gets reduced because dragonrot gets expanded. Don't read it if you don't want spoilers: people say dragonrot can kill NPCs but none has died in my playthrough still and it can be easily healed.

Good lad.

Get a review out.

Is this actually like Tenchu at all or do people just throw the name around like it gives them street cred?

I believe 2 of the endings skip a huge chunk of the game. One of them is a bit complex and involves a bunch of eavesdropping at the correct time.

>Is this actually like Tenchu at all
Literally nothing like Tenchu, don't even know why they pushed this narrative.

>Japanese version
cringe

Is there a hidden area like Archdragon Peak in Dark Souls 3?

Sounds about right

Attached: D2VWDTPU4AYsj0V.png (239x836, 277K)

Also at some point they're going to have to abandon their commitment to no animation canceling I hate that I can't instantly Dodge or Perry in the middle of an attack it incentivizes me to not play aggressively

how the hell do I beat Genichiro (2nd time)?

Hirata Estate. You can only access it if you talk to an old Lady that gives you a bell though its pretty hard to miss unless you lack a healthy exploartive nature.

Cringe and incelpilled.

>not made for fighting multiples
Inhope this is bait cause otherwise don't breed.

But you need to dodge lots of boss attacks?

>tfw played all of those

>dear sekiro use divine confetti for apparitions
>nah
it's completely your fault but even without candies they are doable

Attached: 1368992674409.jpg (124x125, 4K)

>last boss has 4 phases
>Garunteed to be out of revives and heals by phase 3
Fuck me and I thought the Flame Demon was hard.

Yes. Easier to just jump over attacks though. If you’re getting fucked up, pause the game and use the red gourd

Hey im trying to make sure I kill all bosses and dont miss one.
Spoilers-
When you kill the corrupt monk and ape and go back to the castle and its under attack. Any other bosses than the orge, vilehand guy on top and the vilehand guy by the snake temple?

The fake corrupted monk doesn't count as a ghost, it's like the mist soldiers so you don't need the confetti.

DSP is literally destroying this game

Perfect.

Attached: glee3.jpg (349x328, 21K)

this game is better for fighting multiple enemies than any other fromsoft game, literally just dodge and spam r1 until they lose balance and then execute them for invul and hp.

If you go to the building where Isshin chills there are 2 mini-bosses.

Isshin is fucking ridiculous, i hope someone finds a way to cheese him.

>by phase 3
I can't even get to phase 3. The closest I've come in a day's worth of play is 25% left on phase 2.

This boss is fucking cancer. I can kill phase 1 without taking a hit, and then phase 2 hits and From's camera goes apeshit and loses lock when he jumps over my head.

Actually that might be a bit later in the story I don't quite remember

>3 different enemies using unblockables with a 4th guy shooting fire arrows at you
It's not fun

looks like this will be the only from game I will not finish
sucks because I really like the combat and atmosphere but I simply cant handle the incredibly tedious boss fights

Attached: 27m59ziyusd01.png (600x600, 183K)

Why can't I make multiple save slots? Now I feel like restarting from the beginning

>I simply cant handle the incredibly tedious boss fights
The only "tedious" fight I've found so far is monkey madness part 2, and it was still a pretty fun fight.

You are parrying, right? You can kill most bosses in less than 30 seconds if you just parry until they break.

i guess i buffed myself than but i remember doing more damage

you can

4u. Get better. I swear this place is full of children now that don't know what a legit hard, or outright bullshit game looks like.

posture bar just tilts me so bad man I cant handle the pressure
>fuck up one kanji of death riposte
>get sent flying while losing 90% of my hp
>by the time I recover boss already has his posture bar reset
AAAAAAA

Where do I go after defeating Genichiro, the spear miniboss and Lady Butterfly? I went to the temple but found only a new skill set.

Talk to the fucking kid, and go where he tells you, retard.

Already spoke to that Isshin guy.

So hostile. Let's try to be better than soulsfags user.

I was gonna buy this game but I honestly don't think I would be skilled enough to finish it. I can barely beat dark souls games. Is it really that hard or should I just buy it?

Did you go back to the kid?

Speaking as someone who can barely beat souls games, this game is fairly hard but bearable up until the final boss. Then you'll lose a day or two.

Yeah he namedropped some locations I already forgot

>get rekt by the bull multiple times
>learn to deflect his charges and eventually fuck him up without using any healing
gitting gud feels nice

I just killed genichiro. Didnt touch sunken valley but did all other side content. How far in the game am i?

use the fireworks and then heal ya idiot.

who cares? we're talking about this game

Listen up Retard...If you pay attention on your way up to the Mini Boss’s you can see the game is training you in certain attack strategies, you are then expected to use said strategies to defeat the Mini Boss.

This game is not about Farming at all and Leveling up takes a 2nd to thoroughly learning all the Combat Mechanics, you need to apply a different Attack Strategy as needed.

he hit you, you're just bad

Points stands. YOU don't like it. Get better or play something else.

he is getting destroyed right now on stream by a ninja dude

It definitely does more damage

But you can farm skills. Just would take forever off the starting mobs

the balancing in this game was incredibly lazy
I'm pretty sure they did very little playtesting and had all the boss/miniboss stats inflated so that it's le hardcore difficult, kinda like some areas in dark souls 2

Ok? Are you autistic? You know this is a thread where people discuss the game, right? I'm sharing my opinion and experiences on it.

Git

is there any lore justification as to why everything revives when resting at an idol?
it just feels lazy and like an excuse to not make a proper stealth ninja game

Gud

shut up, it was the same with 2 where you couldn't criticise shit like shrine of amana without some faggot telling you to git gud

Gud

sekiro is not a difficult game, it has a huge mainstream audience and is published by Activision.

>Fucking uncharted
Is this bait?

>has Yea Forums ever been this reddit before
Nope. This place is peak reddit now.

You're whining like a bitch about not being able to take on multiple enemies when the tools are there, from ash, to blood smoke, kiting, buff candies, knowing how to exploit I-frames etc. It's not game's fault you suck.

>did all bosses fine and dandy, except last boss
>4 healthbars, instant tracking thrusts and slashes with absurd tracking
>spear form that has ridiculous tracking as well

after trying for about 2 hours, i just couldn't be arsed anymore. He had way too much HP, i couldn't stay focused long enough, so i just cheated and had infinite HP

Attached: 1458624985150.png (872x719, 725K)

It's just me or this game has too many tutorial shit? I got overwhelmed by the absurd amount of messages that appear in screen in the first 3/4 hours

>Where are my I-frames?
>Where's my adp stat?
>Where's my shield?

they should've either gotten rid of the stealth mechanics completely or made a full on stealth game where the only combat encounters are bosses, no bonfires and shit

although failed at least it's some experimentation, which automatically makes this game miles better than the stale souls sequels

there's literally nothing wrong with the stealth

having to use consumables to comfortably deal with regular enemies doesn't feel good

>o i just cheated and had infinite HP
The absolute state of Yea Forums.

I'm having as much fun as I did with Dark Souls 2.

it feels incredibly half-assed, I know they designed the game so that people don't cheese with stealth but it just makes stealth feel useless and an afterthought
the enemy AI is also completely fucked

git gud then

What the fuck is half assed about it? AI is shit but the stealth mechanics are as almost good as any stealth game.

git gud fag.
I can literally run into the swathes of samurai and just spam r1 and parry with the occasional dodge to chain executions and stay invul.
tell me what area you're stuck in and ill post a vid of me doing it lmao.

>that obnoxious loud ass sound when taking down an enemy
what the fuck were they thinking, it's infuriating

fpbp
It's so satisfying to get shit on by a boss and then git gud and kill in 5 minutes. I really like how the game rewards aggression, but you still need to be careful or suddenly half your health bar is gone.

>Fat monkey
>One health bar? ALRIGHT
>Firecracker his ass
>Spam heal
>Fuck his shit up with everything used
>No death
>HEAD CHOP BITCH
>Put controller down and get a drink
>TV noises explodes with monkey scream
>???????????
>Run back to my room
>Dead, the monkey is walking around with his severed head
Fuck this game. Makes no sense, I got the killing death blade. And why can a fucking monkey walk around without head?

Stealth is trivialized because you can just use your grappling hook to get out of 99% of the situations and you can run 3x the speed of any mook.

And on bosses stealth doesn't work anyway.

it's a much smaller scale but I think quake champions is an example. the game has issues with extreme lack of content but the core is good. although now it has a new issue which is the fact that it's dead. however Yea Forums doesn't know how to strafe jump and sucks at the game in general so they download the game, putt around at the speed of slow like they are playing overwatch, get demolished then cry on Yea Forums that it isn't a proper arena shooter.
nevermind that Yea Forums's idea of a proper arena shooter experience is to go to a 24/7 facing words server, teleport to the top of the tower, grab a sniper and sit there sniping people that just spawned on the other side of the map.

If this is your first video game, NPCs usually repeat progression relevant dialog if you talk to them again

yeah, being forced into killing blows is annoying too.

it's not a masterpiece, but it's still a pretty good game

the stealth mechanics themselves are competent, what I mean is that the game isn't balanced with stealth in mind; you're supposed to play it more or less like a souls game with stealth being more about running away and aggro management

stealth works on most bosses dude, ive been able to do it on every boss besides ghost bitch and monk dude.
there are often alternate paths to let you get stealth hits in before a boss.
also stealth is useful if you want to take down big ogre niggas without getting hit before a fight etc.

How would you improve the combat?

most of the weird shit in the game can be explained with the simple summary of
>we wanted to make things immortal, but boy we fucked up

can you stealth that ninja guy in the hole where you first started the game?
he automatically attacks whenever I'm in a certain radius and it's bullshit

You are actually fighting a centipede.

I don't think so, no
No game has exposed more crybabies and shitters than Sekiro

>mfw 4 tries on the last boss
>just running and poking with charged R1 when the boss commits
get fucked sekinigger, DSchads win again.

Attached: 1431203726152.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Stealth definitely isn't useless. It's meant to thin down the enemy ranks so you can take enemies one on one. It's also useful to take a health bar from minibosses. It's true it feels pretty barebones, but I can understand that's not really the focus of the game and it's only there as an option.

if you continue walking instead of entering the hole with him you can get a plunging strike on him

BASED

Where the fuck is corrupted monk? Im already in invaded castle. Did i miss him in the mountains?

punish parry spamming
remove the slower posture regen when health low for the player (because of this shit you might as well be dead when you're below 50%HP)
use different colors for the danger symbol of sweep, thrust and grab

>use different colors for the danger symbol of sweep, thrust and grab
no

I haven't beaten the game yet, but is there any worthwhile music in it? everything so far felt boring and unmemorable, that generic combat music gets old very quickly as well, I can see why they didn't put any in souls

Nope.

Nah, they should have left XP out and let you get new moves from finding texts, doing character routes and beating bosses. Ai of thrash mobs also could be better, if one alerts others should automatically go search, watch each other's backs. If you kill roo many they should run away and call for reinforcements. If they know you're hiding in a building that should set it on fire to force you out. But maybe I'm asking too much.

/thread

Has there ever been a video game that managed to almost completely filter out nu-Yea Forums like Sekiro?

I don't think even Cuphead achieved this level of salt

>just beat the game on the normal good ending
absolute kino final boss

The danger symbol is only meant to signify it's not a regular attack. You need to look at the animations, they're different

>remove the slower posture regen when health low for the player
this, in literally any encounter with a miniboss a single hit takes away >60% of your health so you pretty much need to use a healing item every time you take damage unless you want to get your posture raped

So none?

Guys where do I go after the gun fort? I fight the giraffe guy but the door is locked so I need a key.

I did all of senpou temple too, reached the top and spoke to the centipede monk. There’s another door there that can’t be opened from that side and as far as I can tell, no way to progress.

I haven’t explored all of ashina castle because I couldn’t find a way inside

maybe if they fucking moved it from the middle of the screen I could

Attached: 1545761700637.jpg (243x207, 6K)

Is it better to jump back instead of dodging backwards?

>mfw learned to parry and counter everything
now the game is 10 times more fun holy shit

Attached: 1514128092581.jpg (424x736, 85K)

use fireworks you fuck this is what they are for, they get stunned and dont regain posture.

C'mon now, you can see the animations pretty well

t. All my yokai knowledge comes from anime

depends on the attack but you can jump back and dodge backwards in the air I think, I might have just been imagining it because ive been doing it on instinct and I cant remember now lmao.

you have to get into ashina castle, you do that by grappling around on the rooftops

>generic
Get cancer and die. Seriously.

the symbol is both distracting and obstructive
other games have strong attack signals right on the enemy
against multiple enemies, how the fuck would you know which one is doing the strong attack? how the fuck would Sekiro even know when it just pops up in the middle of the screen?

Reminder that Dark Souls speedrunners who have played more than any shitter on Yea Forums are having lots of fun playing the game on NG+ calling it a 9/10 for not letting you cheese bosses while Yea Forums is crying because they cant buff a giant dildo and 2 shot a dragon with it

Attached: 1547246611442.jpg (240x280, 40K)

>Yea Forums shiitters can't summon or grind souls to brute force the boss
>whine about muh artificial difficulty because they actually have to git gud
i love this game

If one good thing came out of Sekiro, was showing all those Soulslike faggots that Dark Souls wasn't a hard game at all.

Nu-Yea Forums is absolutely pathetic. Im seeing comments about kids begging for a patch to make it easier. Fucking sad.

Where?

Yea Forums has fallen so far from its glory days. After gg and Moot selling it pretty much died. Sekiro is From's best game yet and this combat system is fucking incredible. I'm so glad games like this can still come out. Hopefully other developers take note on how you make good melee combat.

Wait, the signal doesn't pop on the enemy that's doing the attack? I'm pretty sure you're wrong

I just finished the game couple of hours ago, while I enjoyed it overall, I liked the ds games better because of the verity.
Exploration just wasn't the same without the possibility of finding cool weapons and armor around every corner.
Sekiro is fun in it's own way though, if you're only after a challenge

>"bonfires are checkpoints guys they're not different i swear"
>Ghosts and Goblins
>Uncharted
>Metroid
>being able to rest at a checkpoint
Dark Souls uses bonfires as a way to level up and soft-save your game. Each time you die, your progress isn't reset - you just lose your souls. In all of your other examples, dying at a checkpoint means you have to rewatch any cutscenes, get any items back, redo parts of levels that required you to go to a place to influence the other part - with the sole exception of Diablo where your progress is kinda saved despite your death (Diablo 1 has you reset to the last saved game, Diablo 2 allows you to get your corpse back (ala Dark Souls with your souls) to get equipment, gold and anything else, while Diablo 3 has basically no penalty until the end-game - but you keep any items etc. gained). If Dark Souls had you properly reset at the bonfire (i.e. any levels gained, items gained, progress made etc. were lost and all of that was reset), you'd have a point.

But you don't because you're retarded. I haven't played Shovel Knight so I can't speak for that.

>retards trying to play sekiro like a souls game and not tenchu

Attached: 1444535412889.gif (173x241, 137K)

I remember running around Butterfly with the 8 or so illusion enemies and the symbol would constantly pop up in the middle of the screen

Why would you buy the japanese version of the game, you can play the english version in japanese

Imagine being worse than IGN at a game

Attached: 1538788496446.png (377x375, 165K)

Attached: Oh_Im_Laffin.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Is shockwaves a fromsoftware specialty or something?

>can only get Sigma
Does 1 and 2 have PC ports

/dsg/ is more BTFO than Yea Forums

Patches and the Sword of Moonlight are absent, but Magic Grabs will never die

By now you should know - either you perfect your timing, or you don't touch the enemy model

>Robbing yourself of the most satisfying boss fight in the game
I just don't get singleplayer cheaters

>calling it a 9/10 for not letting you cheese bosses
We must have not been playing the same game then since plenty of bosses are cheeseable, that's what things like the firecracker or ashes are for, let alone all those "bosses" like the giraffe centipede or whatever it's called.
I don't really get why you people try to force nonexistent fanbase wars lately, what's with bringing DMC in this and all, seems to me you people are still in the honeymoon phase where new enemy patterns still feel like a novelty before the existential dread of all FROM games settles in and you realize it's the same rhythm game it's always been, but with parries instead of rolls.
That said, these monkeys are GOAT

Attached: SEKINO.png (1920x1080, 2.47M)

I didn't mind this until Corrupted Monk. Fuck that fight.

Attached: 1553386319521.jpg (398x398, 21K)

>5-10 minute boss fight
>Overwhelming
Have you ever played a Monster Hunter game

5-10 years*

how the fuck does it take 12 hrs for O&S you literally just backpedal