Create near 1:1 clones for Smash 4, people hate them

>create near 1:1 clones for Smash 4, people hate them
>create a specific term for them and add a few more in Ultimate, people change their minds and like it
>abandon the idea after just a few of them

Echo Fighters were one of the best ideas for Smash and Sakurai barely did anything with them. Imagine how many more characters we could have cheap and easy and quickly by making them into Echo Fighters.

Attached: fakers.png (2464x1272, 3.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ssbwiki.com/Daisy_(SSBU)#Differences_from_Peach
youtu.be/xP-RTWOp7Gk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Yeah, it’s gonna take us two years and $25-$30 from each of you to finish five characters

who in the fuck would garchomp be an echo of

The only echo fighters worth a damn are Chrom and Dark Pit anyways, since they have more notable differences. Lucina is a glorified Marth and the others are literally alts.

On the other hand wanting echoes of characters that fight completely different than the original in their own series is really dumb, like Medusa and Garchomp echoes are dumb ideas and so is stuff like Black Knight Ike echo.

Charizard.

>wing-based attacks use his arms with the same animations
>Fire-based attacks changed to blue-green color and are Dragon-type attacks now, Dragonbreath, Dragon Pulse, etc

Garchomp can't fucking fly moron

Neither can Charizard in Smash Ultimate. Instead of "Fly" he uses Dragon Rush.

>Garchomp an echo
Of who? Charizard?
>Dry Bowser an echo instead of a costume
>Birdo an echo of Yoshi even though the eggs come out of his mouth and has completely different animations

Dry Bowser has blue fire and can be a little lighter but have a more robust Tough Guy attribute since he's an unfeeling pile of bones.
Birdo can use the same throw animations as Yoshi, the same eating animation (sucks people in from the same distance with an inhale instead of using a tongue), and use the forward throw animation to spit eggs.

Making Metal Sonic a mere clone of Sonic would be a crime.
He's ALWAYS had different moves from Sonic.

Same is true of Dark Samus, yet look at her.

That goes for basically all the echoes though

>Ken and Guile got in before Chun-Li

Attached: chunners.jpg (600x941, 92K)

Lucina literally learned her fighting style from her father. They don't have the same moveset.

Dark Samus had more differentiated tools in her Smash 4 AT.

And somehow he managed to fuck the idea over as well
>Daisy, Dark Samus and Richter have absolutely 0 meaningful changes
>Chrom and Lucina invalidate their counterpart

He has an entire different body shape, you fucking idiot.

>abandon the idea after just a few of them
The idea wasn't abandoned, retard. The plan was to always include a handful of Echo Fighters. The entire point is to create as many original characters + bring back as many previous characters and make Echo Fighters with whatever spare development time is leftover. Make too many Echo Fighters and it would have taken away from the time they could have spent working on Snake or Wolf.

Not really. Everything charizard does animation-wise Garchomp can too.

>Garchomp can't fucking fly
are you retarded? even the ingame pokedex mentions that it can

Attached: DnribVpUYAA0D0l.jpg (604x335, 28K)

No, what should have been done was not making Subspace Emissary 2: Electric Boogaloo, then they'd have had plenty of time for characters and stages.

yes it can
>When it folds up its body and extends its wings, it looks like a jet plane. It flies at sonic speed.
>It flies at speeds equal to a jet fighter plane. It never allows its prey to escape.
>It can fly at speeds rivaling jet planes. It dives into flocks of bird Pokémon and gulps the entire flock down whole.
>It flies at the speed of sound while searching for prey, and it has midair battles with Salamence as the two compete for food.
>Its vaunted wings become scythes, sending it mad with rage. It swings its scythes wildly and slices the ground to pieces.

Attached: Garchomp_Gliding.png (320x240, 140K)

>birdo
>his
Fuck off bommer

>I want more Echo Fighters

Attached: shut the fuck up and die.png (283x268, 72K)

They would never add Metal Sonic over Shadow, no matter what your opinion on the subject is. Shadow's face and name are just too much of a money maker. If Sonic were to get a second character, it'd be him.

Also, Birdo and Garchomp are beyond stupid choices.

but user they are kinda sorta similar in about 4 things so that means they'd work as exact clones!

The only acceptable echo

Attached: 62C6A8A6-AFB8-47D9-A95F-DCA04A5A8ACC.png (157x201, 51K)

Echo's were always a horrible idea. They just used it to justify having clone characters on the roster. They should have just had the echo's be alt costumes like Olimar and Alph. The only exception being like this user saidis chrom and dark pit since they have some differences. Every other echo should be an alt skin and you have no argument to counter.

Attached: image.jpg (167x359, 18K)

Why wouldn’t you?

>Charizard has shorter arms and legs + wings
>Garchomp has longer arms and legs + no wings
Garchomp cannot be an Echo Fighter of Charizard. This is retarded.

Pretty startling omission desu. Hopefully she’s DLC

>Every other echo should be an alt skin and you have no argument to counter
There's no argument to why they're bad either, bonehead.

Guile appeals to Americans, that's why he was chosen as the AT

A few new characters that take actual dev time > A fuck ton of clones that take almost no dev time

Why does it matter? At least this way the echoes get a full set of costumes.

Because people are fucking retarded and ask for shit like Garchomp or Birdo as Echo Fighters even though it wouldn't only be a disservice to those characters and make no damn sense
>smash doesn't make sense anyways
That doesn't mean it's a good thing, Dark Samus having the exact same moveset as Samus isn't a good thing, most of the FE characters being derivative of each other isn't a good thing, I want actual original interesting characters, I can accept semi-clones like Isabelle or Lucas, but making characters that could be their own fighters exact clones instead is fucking bullshit.
I'm not specifically talking about Garchomp and Birdo btw, those were just an example about how ridiculous some of these Echo suggestions are.

Unless Sakurai explicitly said that's why (which he didn't) then there's no reason to assume that.

I think it's silly how wildly inconsistent they are with how different the echo is from the original. Doesn't daisy have literally 0 differences?

See those arm-fins? Can do the same up smash sweep and third neutral swipe as the wings. And you talk like Sakurai doesn't change the characters' proportions, look at Bayonetta and the Koopalings.

WoL was the compromise they did because such a huge roster and stage list meant that they wouldn't be able to do much with single player. And honestly, I'd rather have WoL rather than have Poke Floats return.

ssbwiki.com/Daisy_(SSBU)#Differences_from_Peach

>bad echoes exist, that means we should never get them again

Ken technically has the most mechanical differences, but ironically he doesn’t feel as different as Chrom.

>Can do the same up smash sweep and third neutral swipe as the wings.
They aren't even wings you moron. How do you expect them to have the same animation and hitbox?

>bommer
based zommer

>Doesn't daisy have literally 0 differences?
She has different taunts and idle animations that let her express her personality differently, which alt costumes are not allowed to have.

>See those arm-fins?
They aren't wings. Garchomp would need to have various animations changed to fit Charizard's moveset. Let's not forget that Garchomp has a shorter tail too. And Charizard has a longer neck and has three claws on each hand. The amount of work to make Garchomp be an Echo Fighter would be ridiculous. Sakurai isn't going to change Garchomp's proportions to match Charizard's because TPC is not going to let him do that.

Who cares? A lot of characters don't have a chance to make it into the roster with an original moveset. Being an Echo Fighter gives them a chance to get in.

That's just the r/smashbros hive mind. Despite mostly being permanent Melee niggers who play a game where a quarter of the roster are clones, for some reason they hated the idea of having extra characters until Sakurai (pbuh) gave them a cool term.

You people are obsessed with everything having to be exactly 1:1 in all ways even as Ken and chrom stare you in the face.

There's a big difference between having small differences and being completely fucking different, Ken and Chrom are still very similar to their counterparts.

Completely different things. Garchomp literally can’t perform like Charizard. Should Chrom play like Roy? No, but he can thanks to him being a sword-wielding human. Garchomp literally can’t do things that Charizard can

>in all ways even as Ken and chrom stare you in the face.
Two characters proportionately similar to their regular counterparts. How was this supposed to prove your point exactly when you want a character who isn't?

>guys it's absolutely impossible to slightly adjust anything! Despite some Echoes barely being Echoes this idea MSUT BE !))% EXACTLY THE SAME IN ALL SINGLE WAYS OR ELSE IT JUST CAN'T WORK!!

Ken and Chrom have the same proprtions as their base character. How the fuck is Garchomp going to do the attacks that involve Charizard's long neck or tail?

Jesus you are actually dumb. None of us were saying that you fucking donkey

>guys it's absolutely impossible to slightly adjust anything!
When it comes to a character that has completely different proportions and no wings, then it absolutely is impossible to make an Echo Fighter.

You've embarrassed yourself enough

Most Echo suggestions are bad because most of them would work better as their own characters or more fleshed out semi-clones.
These are usually clone/rival characters of already existing characters such as Metal Sonic, Galacta Knight and Medusa that people want to play as just because, Dark Samus would also fit here. Characters like these have their own abilities but due to them being "close enough" to their counterparts in body type it's apparently fine to dismiss everything else they can do.
Then there's stupid shit like asking for characters to be Echo fighters of other characters just because they kinda sorta share a gimmick, like Eggman, Birdo and Dark Matter as echoes for Bowser Jr, Yoshi and Meta Knight respectively.
And we can't forget the characters that people literally just want in so the roster is a bit bigger like fucking Metal Mario or Yarn Yoshi, but then again, I guess that could be said for all suggestions anyways.

And even with characters that I think would work as Echo Fighters perfectly such as Octolings for Inklings and Louie for Olimar, those characters losing any chance to bring their actual original traits and having to work by the base of already existing characters really bothers me.

I'm specifically upset about characters such as Dixie Kong or Galacta Knight potentially getting in as Echo Fighters, making them lose their original moves and signature characteristics because the Smash team didn't want to make them full fighters, I just don't want potentially cool characters to end up with a bad representation of themselves in Smash like Daisy and Dark Samus.

Attached: Bad Post Pikachu.png (403x281, 154K)

Daisy works perfectly. I'm saying that as a person that wanted Daisy and argued that she should get in with a unique moveset. Dark Samus is a result of Samus not really having an accurate moveset to begin with, which is a different problem altogether.

>Daisy works perfectly.
>floating
>using a Toad
>an umbrella
>pulling up turnips
Agree to disagree, none of that shit says "Daisy" to me, they could've at least taken out the floating to differentiate her a bit more from Peach or replaced Toad with a SML enemy but nah, nothing there works.

Attached: ADVICE SHUT UP.jpg (418x482, 52K)

>Daisy
>Doing what Peach does
Seems to work just fine for me. And some of Peach's attacks honestly fit Daisy a lot better than they ever did Peach.

Tail looks the same length to me

Attached: 111-1114728_joining-dragon-type-pokémon-in-the-black-white-dragons-dragon-pokemon-gen.png.jpg (840x921, 260K)

Are you blind?

Attached: charizard.png (475x475, 141K)

Fair enough, Daisy herself just kinda sucks, but she doesn't have to suck, my point about her not bringing anything that could fit her more still stands tho, I would've definitely preferred sports shit or a SML reference.

Attached: I guess.jpg (232x254, 20K)

Here’s your echo

Attached: 29369139-4B80-413D-AB53-F3BE5AEE88B5.jpg (1800x1060, 187K)

Won’t happen since they’ve completely retconned him as of crafted world. Same with koopa kid

>Birdo
>Medusa
>Garchomp

whoever made this has zero idea how echoes work. If it doesn't share the same skeleton, and can't function as a 100% model swap, it can't be an echo. They are literally just taking an altered mesh and tweaking some properties, otherwise it entirely ruins the point of being a quick addition. The reason there are so few echoes is because so few characters fit these requirements to begin with

Attached: B96D8162-B5F3-4C16-9709-32E7738C031F.jpg (480x360, 12K)

It's not like Daisy ever really had a chance to get in with her own moveset. And the point of Echo Fighters is to create a fighter off an existing one without having to balance such a huge roster.

I see your point that it's wasted potential for certain characters. But honestly, I think it only applies to characters that have no business being clones in the first place. Like having an ARMS character be a Little Mac Echo Fighter is possible but at the same time it's fucking stupid. Some characters like Dixie and Galacta Knight are so low on the totem pole that their only hope to get in is an Echo Fighter with maybe one different move or two.

This but wih funky and dk

This guy's the only noticeable omission.

Attached: ShadowCloseUp.jpg (800x450, 23K)

Baby Bowser was in Woolly World and is also in Crafted World you dolt

It's nowhere near that long in smash

It's really that hard to just use yoshi's throw animations for Birdo's egg spit and egg lay?

They can't do that because then you have the balance issue of completely different telegraphs f or the same attack.

But baby bowser is still baby bowser...?

and how would Birdo do Yoshi's neutral B and grab?

Still pretty long, bruh.

Attached: charizard for ants.png (250x250, 60K)

I want more echoes but not this fucking shit again. I don't get how people STILL don't know what they are. Aside from Ken they're all 95% glorified costumes. Birdo and Garchomp can't be echoes. Birdo doesn't even have a fucking tongue or throw eggs. Garchomp doesn't even have the same fucking skeleton. Or hands. Flygon would make more sense. Just swap their models in Smash 4 amd see how it goes before making these stupid assumptions.

Their turnips have different base knockback and knockback growth

I was about to argue with you about Medusa, but then I realize that her snake hair alone would defeat the purpose of making her an Echo Fighter. That shit would take too long to animate properly. What a shame.

>It's not like Daisy ever really had a chance to get in with her own moveset.
You don't know that, they made an original moveset for the plant, so it's not like they couldn't have given her something had they actually wanted instead of going the easy way.
>Dixie
>low on the totem pole
I understand GK but fuck, Dixie is arguably more important than fucking K. Rool and it's a wonder why isn't she in the game already, she absolutely deserves to be at the very least a semi-clone like Isabelle.
I do agree with you on GK being low priority but still, I do not think he should be in as an Echo at all, part of that character's appeal to me is their moves and what makes him different and original, I'd rather have him appear as a boss, as a semi-clone or not at all than being a fucking Echo.

That's not the same animation then dipshit

Dixie isn't in the game because nobody would fucking care, she's just another monkey regardless of how many games she was the playable monkey of.

That's no problem for Sonic.

Sucks them in at the same distance Yoshi's tongue reaches, like she does in some of the RPGs.

Neither is Chrom's animation of Aether.

Attached: ok retard.jpg (845x828, 50K)

I don't like them overall but for Sakurai to create the concept only shitting out like 5 is a fucking waste. Especially not even offering any as DLC as far as we know. If they're supposed to be minimal then they should have been shat out.

Birdo can borrow kirby’s standard B, and can have a regular hand grab. Easy as shit.

Birdy is the least of your worries.

Sonic's moveset is self contained you dolt, you're talking about characters meant to be almost identical doing the same move in completely different ways.

When has she ever Flutter Jumped?

>That's no problem for Sonic, a character who doesn't have an Echo Fighter

It's like you don't even understand what you're talking about

"Who cares broooooo Smash isn't accurate anyway I just really wanna play as Birdo with almost none of her very few distinguishing characteristics for some fucking reason xD"

If Funky doesn't use a vehicle or surfboard in any capacity it's a waste. It's like Dixie not using her hair or Cranky using a cane. Or Machamp using any of its extra arms.

You're whining about an Echo fighter not having the exact same animation for a move. Chrom says hello.

>still bitch about echoes when they even went out of their way to appease costumefags by letting you stack them in the "slot" of the original

Attached: 1552797793639.png (560x497, 252K)

Chrom's move functions differently and is ONE MOVE that he actually does in his own games. You're talking about the same move with a different animation for a nobody character.

Here’s your echo bro

Attached: C29D2353-04E0-4C0A-90A1-FA25179ED758.jpg (1350x3419, 762K)

It never was about them wasting a roster space for me, it's about being a waste in general.

No, baby bowser is now just bowser jr without the bandana

Did people forget that Isabelle exists? You know, an actual conventional clone character that isn't considered an echo. Why do people still mix this shit up even though it's clear echoes are Dark Pit free dessert?

When has daisy ever hovered?

This except unironically.

Dixie is pretty low on the totem pole. DK now has its protagonist, protagonist's sidekick and its most iconic villain that has been highly requested by fans. There's no point in adding Dixie unless DK gets a new game and Dixie is the focus again. Or if DK, as a series, starts to pump out a shitload of games before the next Smash Bros.

You can't even point to a character like Rosalina as a reason to why Dixie should get in. Rosalina fills a unique niche that Smash Bros didn't have by being a puppet fighter. Dixie honestly just doesn't bring anything new to Smash Bros. That's why she really only has a chance as an Echo Fighter.

The only Charizard echo that could work is Mega Charizard X

He would use it for his Up-B. He could also use it for his side-B where he borrows it from Squirtle.

Congratulations. You're the first person to come up with a plausible Charizard echo.

I'd argue Flygon or Dragonite. They're the only ones with a remotely similar body type.

Charizard can't have an Echo though because he's tied to the Pokemon Trainer

Attached: 44B919C0-FDF8-4383-8C32-222607016D7B.jpg (1024x2567, 494K)

Yeah and he'll just not be an echo fighter while he's there

That's a rule you just made up.

>take charizard
>give him the down-B of a different fighter
Wow so hard

Flygon could work too

The Charizard echo could be a standalone with Rock Smash. Like it's a video game just do what's fun.

How would that not make him an echo fighter? His Up-B using it while being slightly different is completely sound, and echoes are able to borrow moves from other fighters.

Are you brainlets? Look at Peach/Daisy, Ryu/Ken, Pit/Dark Pit etc and then look at Charizard/Flygon. That makes no sense.

They just changed the design again you doofus, if you actually had a brain you'd knew he's still referred as Baby Bowser.

>Dixie is pretty low on the totem pole.
For one of Nintendo's biggest and most succesful franchises I'm not sure.

Based

I just want funky kong in, man

Congrats, you're a fucking retard

>but he’s still referred as
big fucking deal, miyamoto could shit on a plate and call it tatanga, that don’t make it right

But he's 100% right. Mega Charizard X is the only Pokemon that actually has the same proportions that Charizard has. No other Pokemon fits.

>for a nobody character
Like all the other Echo Fighters, yes.

except they didn’t “change” the design, they literally just took jr, another pre-established character who has always been separate from baby bowser and changed the name

All the other Echo Fighters had the ballot on their side. Shit, even Richter had the ballot on his side. Sakurai even said so.

I know, right, don't you people know there;'s absolute concrete rules Sakurai has ALWAYS followed without change or alteration?

Here’s how you do echo fighters

Attached: D7442457-71DC-4CD4-A04C-D71EF2E74CB2.jpg (2436x2327, 958K)

Go home DBFZfag

No one would want him but I think Zeraora would make a perfect echo fighter for Lucario. He can be a one-to-one electric Lucario without the aura gimmick. Like Lucina with the evenly distributed tipper.

This is the kind of shit they should make echo fighters for. Not autistic JUST MAKE NEW ANIMATIONS OR FRANKENSTEIN MOVES FROM COMPLETELY UNRELATED CHARACTERS OR SHOVE CHARACTERS THAT DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SAME BODY TYPE ON EACH OTHER.

Wait that makes so much sense. Why didn't they do it? They have the model from Smash 4.

It's not like she's DK's main sidekick or the villain that the fans demanded to return. And she's rather boring and wouldn't offer much to the roster in terms of moveset. At best, she could possibly be a semi-clone, as a last minute addition.

>The game literally calls the character Baby Bowser
>"he's not baby bowser"
Baby Bowser has had a design similar to Bowser jr. before, don't be dense.
Yeah, they didn't change it, they changed it back to how he looked like in Partners in Time.
>another pre-established character who has always been separate from baby bowser
Oh, come the fuck on, it's Bowser as a baby, of course it's gonna look like Bowser's son, they didn't replace the character with Bowser Jr., it's still Baby Bowser.

Attached: Baby Bowser PIT.png (510x599, 324K)

I'd love a semi clone of sonic for shadow
just turn his down B into chaos control and is side b into a gun

What I don't get is that Charizard doesn't at least Mega Evolve for Triple Finish even though Lucario still does and they reverted his Final Smash to his old one. It would be the only Mega Evolution that makes sense since you need a trainer to Mega Evolve while Lucario and Mewtwo just teleport in their entry animations unlike the rest of the Pokemon.

I just want octolings as an echo

Attached: 2FF9F151-2D43-4582-973D-9DB5CD871328.gif (200x200, 470K)

>It's not like she's DK's main sidekick or the villain that the fans demanded to return.
No, she's one of the main characters that fans have been asking to have in Smash.
>she's rather boring and wouldn't offer much to the roster in terms of moveset
She can fight with her hair, that might be boring to you but what's boring or not is subjective anyways.

Calm down you autist, it was just a suggestion

>Dark Samus will never have this moveset in Ultimate
youtu.be/xP-RTWOp7Gk

Attached: 1552933459719.jpg (678x510, 64K)

>dry bone bowser
Nigga you stupid

Attached: dbsmjnd-23bd7b29-dcaf-40b9-8c99-1c81395e07b0.png (420x420, 230K)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE DO NOT NEED EVERY SINGLE VARIATION OF ALREADY EXISTING CHARACTERS IN SMASH THAT WOULD END UP JUST PLAYING THE SAME

user goes nuclearTM

I think a monkey with a prehensile ponytail has more to offer than another human that stands and punches or swings a sword. Considering there's only one other monkey in the roster and he doesn't have what is essentially a giant tentacle behind his head.

It doesn't even take Pokemon knowledge to know that this wouldn't work. It just takes eyes. Do you not have eyes?

>No, she's one of the main characters that fans have been asking to have in Smash.
She's a main character that really dropped off from her series after having her own game. And her own game isn't as fondly remembered as the first two. She's remembered as a sidekick's sidekick. Her only major role recently was being one of DK's many sidekicks. Unless the next DK game has a big focus on Dixie or Dixie gets a spinoff, she's stuck in supporting character hell like a ton of other characters.
>She can fight with her hair, that might be boring to you but what's boring or not is subjective anyways.
'Fights with hair' wouldn't even be a brand new thing, since Bayonetta fights with her hair and the Belmonts/ZSS fight with whips. Sakurai always talks about wanting to have something unique for each character. He's said that it's important for each character (barring clones, obviously) to have something only they can do. If Dixie doesn't fill out a unique archetype, have a unique gimmick that could be implemented or at least be the major player in her series, why should she get in?

>Dark Pit
>noticeable differences
The best Echo Fighter is Richter because he's fucking Richter Belmont in fucking Smash Bros. He's practically identical and he's still perfect.

Honestly now that you brought it up that would be a great way to appease people who want Charizard to be his own character again. Just put in Mega Charizard and offer both his X and Y forms as skins.

I think the real issue is that gamefreak wants to forget about megas.

Let these autists screech. You and I are simple souls with simple desires.

>Mega Charizard X
>slightly better frames to make up for no switching invulnerability
>Rock Smash instead of switch
Alts are palettes inspired by other dragon Pokemon.
Appearance animation is Megavolving.

>Wild Ivysaur
>slightly better specials to make up for not being able to recover as well
>Synthesis instead of Switch (Can heal with it over time)
Alts are all held items wild Pokemon would have (sticky barb, poison orb, berries, etc)
Appearance animation is coming out of the tall grass.

>Hatched Squirtle
>Down B is like Judge but with random baby Pokemon moves (Charm; greatly lowers foe's attack, Covet: steals held items and equipment, Sweet Kiss; inverts control like a mushroom etc)
Alts are all scarves/bands/items you might put on a Pokemon intentionally.
Appearance animation is hatching from an egg, then shaking off the flakes for a first battle.

I was really hoping pic related would get in as a K. Rool echo

Attached: Lord_Fredrik_spirit.png (616x580, 598K)

birdo isn't a yoshi clone you stupid nigger

You have good taste user

I have the ability to imagine, compare, and adjust.

Are you retarded?! He's nothing like K. Rool and doesn't even have a similar body shape, fucking faggots this is why nobody likes you.

Give him Black Shield instead of Spindash and it's SA2 Metal.
Doesn't even need to function differently, just give it the esthetics.

>no separate Blood Falcon Echo for Captain Falcon
>no Shadow for Sonic (I'm not a fan of his character but it was such a fucking dickbag move to intentionally leave people hanging until the last minute about his status)
>no Hilda for Zelda (I swear she was planned at some point or something, it's incredibly stupid how she doesn't even have a Hilda recolor when she's now LttP/LBW designed)
>no Impa for Sheik
>no Black Knight for Ike (this would've been less shitty than Chrom)
>no Proto Man or Bass for Mega Man (could've been a good chance to not waste one of the very few instances of entirely unique Customs from Sm4sh)
>no Ms. Pac-Man, not even as a costume (though I hear that her rights are kinda weird, so I won't really hold this one against Sakurai)

>Blood Falcon
Nobody cares.

>Hilda
Nobody cares

>Impa
Nobody cares

>Black Knight
Fights nothing like Ike.

>Protoman/Bass
Fight nothing like Megaman.

>Black Knight
Cannot be an Echo Fighter

>Protoman/Bass
>Fight nothing like Megaman.
Never played the games, have you.

They've both been pretty heavily distinguished from Megaman over the years, what are you going to do have Protoman only use his sword for fair?

>source: my ass
>thinks this is a massive stretch after Dark Samus
>nigger did you even play The Power Fighters/Battles, it's not at all implausible to have the same core gameplay as Mega Man

>Proto Man
>Sword
Holy fucking shit did your double digit IQ ass really just confuse Proto Man with Zero?

Attached: 1515654612736.gif (403x500, 142K)

>Proto Man
>sword

Attached: get out.gif (338x200, 763K)

To be fair, dry bowser can just be a skin.

I still don't get how he wasn't promoted from costume to Echo Fighter.

Attached: Alph.png (1200x1200, 1.13M)

He can't be an Echo, he has different proportions from Olimar.

They are the same fucking character filling the rival role they just changed the name for AU. Hell BN even has a sword wielding protoman.

>thinks this is a massive stretch after Dark Samus
A character that shares proportions with Samus, has similar armor and an arm cannon vs a character who is supposed to be taller than Ike, wears heavy armor and can't even move around quickly

Hmmm

>they're the same character
Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Attached: 5BA79C13-024E-435B-BC21-39F8F2DADC26.jpg (612x614, 35K)

I was hoping for Octoling and Dry Bowser but instead I got another shitty FE clone and Isabelle, though I don’t hate her I guess.

Why would Battle Network Proto Man be in Smash as an Echo Fighter of Classic Mega Man? Why would you not use Classic Proto Man?

Attached: 46-464057_proto-man-protoman-png.png.jpg (840x931, 258K)

>He hits really hard and he can learn earthquake and he can swim in the sand and he looks cool cause hes a shark and he has a mega and he can fly
Whose wet dream was this pokemon?

Why would you not use Zero who is the one people actually remember?

That's Protoman.EXE. Not Proto Man. Stop embarassing yourself, you just keep making it worse.

>herp a derp a berp
Just stop talking, you've already shown you're stupider than dog shit.

>why aren't you talking about this character with different proportions from a different subseries with a different skillset in this thread about Echoes
Jesus christ, just fucking stop. You're trying way too hard to bury your initial fuckup, but you just keep digging yourself deeper.

Attached: 1478643379061.jpg (705x540, 56K)

They specifically said no paid echos, nothing about free echos.
We'll have some free echos next patches screencap this.

Attached: D2441090-7168-41D8-9B1F-2C07A1751D87.jpg (810x1080, 146K)

Nobody fucking cares they are aktually different characters, there’s also different Megamans but everybody understands them to have the same function.

I like it!

Echo for Little Mac. When he uses the charge-up punch we can have an off-screen Trainer shout "Hitmonchan, use Sky Uppercut!"

Attached: hitmonchan-hitmonlee-pokmon-hitmontop-tyrogue-three-dimensional-anti-japanese-victory-5b088392984920 (900x1574, 569K)

the animations are butt ugly but fuck i love the concept

if you mean the fighter pass, Sakurai has said it takes months to create and perfect a character

Which I don't understand at all. You'd think an A-list studio like Nintendo working on an A-list game like Smash Bros. could make things like *a character* faster than that. I mean, if it takes that long to make a single character, how the fuck are video games even made in time to be on the then-current gen of consoles?

I think they have more than enough potential to have their own moveset, but I'd still be happy to see octos as an echo. I just want to smash people's face in with my little girl.

Attached: 1551043158542.png (1024x900, 805K)

I'd assume Nintendo shrinks the Smash dev team after the game releases. And in a game with so many characters the balance is a pretty delicate and complicated thing.

Also don't forget that during each dev cycle they only have to make a few new characters. Barely anyones attacks have changed from their first appearance so most of the work is done for them.
But fomr scratch its modelling, animation, deciding on attacks, then tweaking hitboxes and %s. Also these ones come with a stage and music

Best girl

Attached: 477.jpg (680x680, 58K)

Cutest girl.

Attached: 1551097289703.jpg (600x600, 51K)

Don't go shoot up a gamestop now chris chan

>When soccer guy says she can't be in smash

Attached: 1552759770781.png (799x825, 945K)

Little octo shouldn't cry. Even if she doesn't get to smash, she's still the best thing to ever come out of her franchise.

Attached: 1550396388587.png (2000x1500, 858K)

True, she's probably happy for her friend and colleague Agent 3 who did get into smash though

Attached: 1552013620101.jpg (803x860, 114K)

Flygon please. Hoenn could use an actual rep and he's my favorite mon.