This game plays like utter shit. Constantly mashing Y, B grapple, sometimes shoot gun...

This game plays like utter shit. Constantly mashing Y, B grapple, sometimes shoot gun. Utterly bland and often times combos and launchers don’t trigger properly. Why do people like it

Attached: 78E59FAF-0136-48A7-985C-3FD9CE9CA6F2.jpg (240x240, 29K)

Uh oh

you're bland and bad at combos, what's not to get?

My first purchase regret in a long while. I fell for the Yea Forums hype and it was a $60 reminder of why action games are painfully uninteresting.

Is there another attack other than Y

this

try actually reading what your moves do
bet u don't even Exceed faggot

Didn’t answer my question.

>it was a serious question

Attached: 1530318143883.jpg (222x293, 19K)

and i won't so have a last (You)
goodbye

I guess there isn’t another one

Attached: 1550183010200.jpg (509x477, 19K)

phone poster BTFO

hey uh, you realize theres combos yeah?

also theres that thing on the side of your controlled labeled B, that does something too. i bet you didnt know that because you have such a tiny brain

Yeah pressing Y at different times
B is very limited in utility

Stop replying to very obvious bait.

Let me guess, you're also going to complain that there's no battle music.

Musics fine. The games shit

Not him, but yeah, what's up with that? It really makes the fights feel low-energy. Especially after that one cutscene with the music in the beginning

It is kind of a valid complaint. There's barely any battle music in a lot of missions. What's the point of setting my battle theme to Devils Never Cry if it isn't even going to play in the majority of missions?

Yes, for all characters Y, B and X all do attacks. Or maybe not V, i forget what his defaults are. At any rate, there are three base attack buttons, pressing them in sequence produces unique combo enders that deal different damage/gain different style/gain different amount of DT and have unique hitboxes and speeds and produce varrying hit effects like launcher or knockdown or multihit stagger. Introducing pauses produces alternate strings with more pronounced differences in the moves leading up to the ender, and a new unique ender. In addition, you can enter simple inputs like relative position backwards, forwards, back to forwards or hold button for Z second usually .5 - 3 but some go as far as 10 or so. These may or may not work in the air, or they may have a different effect in the air. In general, weapons have more ground attacks than air attacks. Also in general, the X button doesn't have direction commands or pause combos, it's just unga mash mostly, tho you can charge them.

On top of that, for Dante at least, the four buttons on the dpad are dedicated to toggling the function of B, so it has four different settings that all have unique directional inputs and such. And also on top of that, the right trigger swaps your melee weapon, and the left trigger swaps your gun. These change the function of Y and X, all their related command moves, AND all the moves of the style that is linked to them, if you have selected it. These swaps (both style and weapon) happen instantaneously, so it's basically memorizing macros to access a massive inventory quickly on a controller with limited keys.

Dante can also gain DT and go into a buff mode with a button. This increases your damage and some other things, but the three most interesting beets are 1.) armor to tank through attacks and keep your strings or charge attacks going 2.) phantom swords that assist all your hitboxes if you're using swordmaster style, better range, quicker active time, etc and 3.) several attacks gain "EX" versions that have new improved hitboxes and can be considered new moves, tho these drain your DT with each use.

There's more shit and weapon subsytems that add nuance to how each weapon should be used, but let's talk about nero.

nero has 5 buttons that attack. I forget defaults, but shoot, melee, breaker, buster, DT/breakaway. Technically 6 buttons but 2 have similar effects. In addition, one of those buttons pulls double duty as an augment to other attacks. You can tap it during 98% of your actions to add a phatom fist, doing more damage/dt/style and also holding the enemy in place to allow for better combos and catches. There is a seventh button that doesn't do any attacks on it's own, but it does kinda the same shit, but instead of spirit punch you just juice up your motor sword. Nero doesn't have style or weapon swapping, but his charge shot has a lot more nuance to it's use, his air taunt has a lot more tactical applications with exceed and the weapon he does have has more moves than any one dante weapon and it's swordmaster moves. His style equivalent can be used for burst damage, mobility, disabling enemies to shield yourself or set up more risky attacks and controlling enemy without damaging them. His DT and breakaway give him invincible reversals at the cost of meter/arms. His arms give him a huge grab bag of unique tools, some of which have pause combos or unique air attacks or many followup commands inputs like punchline and tomboy.
V has like 5 moves.

holy shit im going back in time

Attached: bipson.png (101x126, 31K)

Stop being a fucking dumbass and actually read what I say. The deluxe edition songs aren't even dynamic and play the whole song regardless of your fucking rank. What's even the fucking purpose of setting my song to any of them if the ambient music they have for stages plays over the battle music anyways?

1.) Yeah it defs sucks that they aren't dynamic, but they weren't dynamic in any other game. If you played the others and dig the nostalgia then it's a harmless little bonus to do once in a while. I like ultra violet for V and Vergil 2 for Nero once in a while. You're complaining about a minor bonus to a game that already has tons of content.

2.) People are really overblowing how many times your music is stuck. One of these days I'll take notes, but off the top of my head, bosses all have their themes locked, characters have their default themes in their intro missions. I know dante does for his flashback in 10, and Nero does for the prologue. I think a few other important ones as well. Maybe Nero moving to urizen in mission 8? Cause it's like supposed to be a big moment for him? There may be two or three more times but it's honestly not that often.

It sure smells like a fucking casual.
Anyways, start practicing and/or watch some combo videos to get a hand on everything.
The go the fuck back to DMC1 and go play the series before you retry DMCV.
Then have fun.

Attached: 1542640370803.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

Way to say that you bad at games.

>replying to obvious bait

Attached: 1550672475942.jpg (433x427, 86K)

Quit being jelly it's not on the switch

Would you feel better if there were only two attacks and they were bound to the triggers?

Also
>Y
>B
playing DMC on an xbone controller is absolutely haram filth I hope you go to hell