What if this game's supposed to be a letdown? That's part of the message? This game hurt me

What if this game's supposed to be a letdown? That's part of the message? This game hurt me.
youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM

Attached: demon snake.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Yes

That's something only achievable with video games. Kojima is a genius. Words and deed.

>What if this game's supposed to be a letdown?
What if you're just a desperate fanboy trying to get people to eat shit? Why if you're so far gone you don't even know what you're talking about?

You could make it a letdown in a more deliberate and obvious way rather than jerking off to Joosten and writing a plot about parasites which turn niggers into superhumans who hurl boulders at a mute guy with a horn in his head.

Kojima got bad at writing just like Lucas did when he got full creative control, that's what happened to V. Kys.

I think it was deliberately trying to do something different. I don't think everything people complain about is intentional on Kojima's part, though. They bit off more than they could chew. It was an ambitious game to begin with, and being shackled to the PS3/360 didn't help anything.

That trailer is better than the game itself.

The worst part of V which is the plot is absolutely the slanty-eyed nip's fault, at least as far as we know and aren't pulling weird theories out of our asses. Fucking up the budget is also on Kojima.

I don't think it was trying to be a let down, because people honestly had kinda skewed hype in retrospect, but yeah it did leave a "Phantom Pain" on the fans due being obviously unfinished, but at least it was still fun in its unfinished state, which says a lot about how much effort was put in, and that effort is why i say "No, it wasn't supposed to be a letdown as a message.".

Nothing about my post was intended to exonerate Kojima. The game had some good ideas that it handled with varying success and it had some bad ideas too. The fact it was so ambitious and developed for two different generations of platforms just made it easier for it to buckle.

Even as is I think it's a good game, though. Not a perfect game, but a good one. As someone that was skeptical of it before release when everyone here was fellating it, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Kojimbo said it's a game about your friends leaving you.

>The fact it was so ambitious and developed for two different generations of platforms just made it easier for it to buckle.
There was an user here a while back claiming he got close during development and this was the main reason why the game was so shit and unfinished, I don't know if it's true but it seems like it makes sense. The sad part about all of this is that we will never actually know what happened with V since gaming journalism doesn't exist and is filled with talentless nobodies/corporate stooges.

I just think that the game being unfinished isn't V's biggest problem, it's the fact that Kojima took a shit on a desk and called that a script. The way this game approaches the narrative (cutscenes especially) is fundamentally wrong and also fumbles execution, as a result is has zero charm that the previous games in the series had. The fact that Kojima thought that the "walk and talk" cutscene corridors were acceptable just adds another insult to injury. And another thing, and another, and so on. The game's a complete fucking mess.

Yeah well that's fucking great and all but I was still charged 60 dollars so fuck kojima

>I just think that the game being unfinished isn't V's biggest problem
I agree with that, too. Even if it had another year in development I don't think much would have changed; I suspect Chapter 2 was intended to have more unique missions, Kingdom of the Flies included, but otherwise I think the game as-is was more or less what it was intended to be. I nevertheless think that the game has these problems in part because of being expected to run on the 360/PS3 (or some other development trouble).
>The game's a complete fucking mess.
It's messy, but the series has seen worse. I think it's easily the best Metal Gear has been since MGS3.

I've deep dived what scraps of info there are about development, and it seems Kingdom of the Flies was cut, or at least had development halted, pretty early on rather than as a result of Konami shitcanning stuff in 2015 like Silent Hills. people repeat ad nausea the statements about 'something only possible in video games' and the return to Camp Omega, which in context of the interviews they were said in, clearly didn't refer to extra story content for TPP.

You guys just don't get it. It's because we don't have the right lingua franca to understand the workings of Kojima's mind

>rather than jerking off to Joosten
such a lust for bobs and revegine

Attached: 134464641014.png (958x720, 538K)

It was my second metal gear game and I enjoyed everything about it. Played mgs1 on release and it's my all time fav game.

>I think it's easily the best Metal Gear has been since MGS3.
PW was way better than V and 4 combined, it was just brought down a notch by being on the PSP. 4 was so bad I stopped giving a fuck about it, but 4 had bigger problems than V from the get-go.

>PW was way better than V and 4 combined
It has some admirable qualities (I really like the cut scenes, and it handles the base building stuff a lot better than MGSV does thanks to stuff like Outer Ops and more variety), but MGSV is a lot more fun to play and a lot more interesting thematically.

The main downside to PW was the contrast between the grindy vehicle battles and the rest of the game, like holding up every soldier on the map with a banana.

My favourite part of the game is when you watch the first cutscene for the battle gear and thing "I can't wait to use that" and then you later realize it got cut from the game. Bravo Kojima, 5 years well spent.

>but MGSV is a lot more fun to play and a lot more interesting thematically
I agree on it being more fun to play, but that only applies for the first ten hours or so. Both games get incredibly repetitive the further you go on, and honestly I prefer the mechs from PW as opposed to fighting glorified NPCs and one shitty mech at the end of V.

As for themes - dude, don't be retarded. V doesn't have any themes, even though it and Kojima would definifely like for you to think it does.

PW needed more AI Weapons. They are my favorite boss squad in the series, even if Pic related got really gypped by having a arena that basically gimps it.

It is actually used for one (1) Dispatch mission, but yeah, Atleast ZEKE could be used for several ones and had a baller bossfight.

Attached: Metal Gear Manyguns.jpg (1000x630, 119K)

Fuck You. I'm still angry.

yes and it worked

Having a Mech fight where you climbed on it was baller as fuck

>V doesn't have any themes
But it does. It doesn't handle all of them well, but it does, and the game isn't even particularly subtle about them.

>MGSV is a lot more fun to play and a lot more interesting thematically
MGSV "themes" are so half assed there are barely present. "Fun" to play"isn't an argument at all - you find choking out four guys in same three-tent outposts over and over fun because you have autism, most people don't.

I agree on that, but that doesn't really change that it was forced to basically be still due the TINY arena which counteracts the idea of it being a mobile fortress, i get WHY it was (technical limitations due PSP) and i still like the fight, but i think it is pretty clear it was probably intended to have something more before they settled for what we got.

Attached: Peace_Walker.jpg (1120x769, 502K)

I never cried harder in game than when I recognized the guys who were saluting me during the outbreak

To me, if something is really shallow, that isn't really called "having a theme", same way as some retard scribbling a few badly written lines of dialogue doesn't automatically make him a writer. But we're arguing over semantics at this point.

I just don't think the themes are clear or handled well, not that the previous MGS games ever excelled at this or whatever, but they were way better still.

imagine the gold medal mental gymnastics performed to come to this conclusion

>so half assed there are barely present.
It's more that MGSV just doesn't put all that much weight on its story relative to how much time the player spends playing the game. This in itself is a drawback, especially since so many of the missions in MGSV are somewhat unmemorable, but the themes are deeply present in the story even if the story isn't always very present in the game.
>because you have autism
A lot of MGSV isn't riveting. I find the good parts a lot more fun and interesting to revisit than anything in PW, though, which was disgustingly easy to sneak through even compared to MGS3, MGS4, and MGSV.
I think MGSV is as "deep" on themes like identity and revenge as most prior Metal Gear games are with their respective themes. It just isn't as elegant, because the story in general isn't as elegantly connected to the game. Unless you really think Peace Walker's PEACE PEACE PEACE PEACE HEY BOSS DID YOU KNOW MY NAME IS PEACE? TURNS OUT THAT LITTLE BLONDE GIRL IS NAMED PEACE TOO is some real deep stuff.

>all of them are dead no matter what I do
>there's no choice here at all, you just have to kill their ass to complete the mission
>they haven't done any fucking thing for me up until that moment aside from saluting and sending boxes and most of them probably aren't even MSF vets so I feel no emotional attachment
>Venom, Kaz and Ocelot barely show any emotional reaction at all, Venom just shuts the fuck up which is probably good, considering that most of his lines sound stupid anyway and have fuck all to do with anything
>you can't even lose or have any stakes like maybe killing the soldiers helps you achieve some gameplay goal or get some enemy faster, it's basically a cutscene
>there's no way for you to prevent this situation gameplay/story-wise, and it ultimately doesn't affect anything either since at that point your base is fucking gigantic and you barely feel it
>it's all connected to the parasites which means Code Talker opens his mouth and you're just eye rolling through the whole part
>you realize afterwards that this is where the "muh diamon" scene from the trailer comes from and just eye roll even harder
Well I didn't fucking cry. In fact I was kinda bored and very annoyed at that point in the game.

Most things in Peace Walker affected me more, but I'm not gonna blame you if you didn't care about them. I agree that the Paz shit was a little on the nose but with her being a spy it at least works narratively. Plus the tapes in PW actually work.

>I think MGSV is as "deep" on themes like identity and revenge
Nah.

Neat.
>Peace Walker affected me more
I would probably say the same thing, since the tapes do a lot more to give the characters personality. I find MGSV a lot more thoughtful though, and more original.

I don't love the story in either game overall, for what it's worth. The current continuity should have ended a long time ago, and I never wanted more Big Boss prequels.

Good thing for you that it did, now it is a Online Zombie Apocalypse Survival Game series..

Apparently (according to insider user) those spider bots were made to be the bosses in Africa and common use in (absolutely cut) Chapter 3 in South America (and actual OKB Zero base), giving soldiers ability to move on walls and under bridges.
I still don't know why even basic walkers got cut from FOBs, but we can clearly blame old consoles for that.

I just wanted to see BB's descent into villainy. Got nothing.

It's crazy that PW a game made for a mobile system has better boss fights than MGSV.

the only people who are disappointed by MGSV are story and cutscene addicted basedboys. Gameplay is one of the best in video game history.

Does anyone have this shit on HQ? Looks badass.

Boss fights were cut because they invested too much in open world mode, forcing less detail in big characters. There is a reason the largest enemy you can interact with is a tank and Salanthropus was a massive hitbox made from 4 smaller ones.
At some point development hit place where old consoles wouldn't be able to load both detailed worlds and detailed characters.
Konami decided to stick to old hardware and rush the development to the point of harassment.
Well, I can't blame the suits for doing this after what happened to last Final Fantasy and its constant travels between hell and purgatory BECAUSE they decided to ditch old generation of consoles.

*shot

You cant handle the truth

To be honest i think the episodic format kinda hurts it because very few individual missions feel like they have actual meat to them and that it actively works against the open world idea since you keep going back to the ACC and Motherbase and doing the "Snake flies into the mission area GUEST STARRING THE SKULLS PARASITE UNIT" stuff that may or may not take a while depending on your copter, the gameplay in of itself is solid, but the length of individual outings coupled with the balance between Buddies is bad (D-Walker requires the most investment to develop AND field and is STILL the worst partner, D-Horse is pretty circumstantial but at least free, D-Dog costs nothing and turns locating things (including Guards) into a joke, Quiet can wipe out entire outposts on her own once you have "Cover Me" AND be a distraction, which means there is very little reason to "learn" the bases like you had to "learn" Camp Omega and the settings of previous games. There ARE cute little infiltration points in the "bases" around the maps, but there is basically no reason to discover and/or use them due how open most of the "bases" are and spread thin the guards get and that the objectives tend to be unfortunatly close to unguarded/low guarded areas. I also don't like how you HAVE to use a Primary and Secondary weapon unless it is mission specifically denying you.

I love the game, but it is hardly flawless in how it was executed.

Attached: 1443670467919.gif (678x422, 186K)

My main compliant about the Phantom Pain is that it just doesn't seem quite done. It feels like half of the entire game is missing. Like, the second half is playing the entire game again, when you would think you'd be playing from Big Boss's perspective.

It's also really disappointing that Major Zero honestly wasn't at fault. Skull Face turned him into a vegetable, and he wasn't in control. The system took on a life of it's own. That means that there's actually NO ONE behind the Patriots! There's no conspiracy! Things just went wrong!