What did Yea Forums think of the story and Arthur in Red Dead Redemption 2?

What did Yea Forums think of the story and Arthur in Red Dead Redemption 2?

When will RDR3 take place? Will it be for the PS5?

Attached: arthur morgan.jpg (568x486, 198K)

bump

Story was great

>RDR3
I'm hoping mid/early 1890s

>ps5?
Undoubtedly

Attached: 1548277564767.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

You’ll play as Mango Van Der Linde, great grand son of Dutch. It takes place in the late 1950s and nuclear testing has resurrected Arthur and John Marston, who ate now very gay together.

Red Dead Resurrection, 2019

>Arthur
I love Roger Clark's voice acting and Arthur's character arc, particularly his redemption arc and his friendship with John. I think he's a bit too much of a goody two-shoes for the redemption arc to really hit home that much but it was still really well executed in general and the differences between Low Honor Arthur and High Honor Arthur felt pretty substantial in terms of the game's story.

Arthur is a bit too much of a whiner with his constant ARE YOU SHOAH DUTCH that starts from the beginning and Arthur being a cuck that can't fuck hookers or infact any women irritates me.

Attached: 1548277688990.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

Arthur is too pure for hookers and thots.

just gimme my Bully 2

Right, which is why he is longing after Abigail whom he clearly had a relationship with in the past.

It's just something that makes it aggravating to roleplay as him when my gruff badass handsome cowboy is a sexless robot. And inb4 Mary, that's another issue : the relationship with Mary is interesting but it doesn't get explored enough so it's left pretty superficial even if you go meet her every time you can so to me Mary was not enough of a justification why Arthur can only ever have sex with the swamp rapist in the game. Maybe they wanted to make him relatable for the incel audience, I don't know.

Attached: 1550164411278.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

>there's no way to make Arthur live happily ever after with that qt widow he teaches how to shoot

Like GTA it's going to be another 5 years at least, so next-gen definitely. I really hope they go back to making side games like the PS2 era with Vice City and San Andreas, but in the RDR universe.
>What did Yea Forums think of the story and Arthur in Red Dead Redemption 2?
He became my favorite videogame protag and I couldn't play anything for a few days after finishing his story. It also took me 2 weeks just to do the epilogue because it felt so wrong not playing as Arthur.
>It's just something that makes it aggravating to roleplay as him when my gruff badass handsome cowboy is a sexless robot
Well he's not just a gruff badass gunslinger, if you read his journal he's a deeply troubled dude. He's just raised to not show his weakness.

I actually liked how they didn't just make the protag switch between Arthur and John a superficial model / voice change but they actually made it so that there are things you start as Arthur but can only finish as John and scenes made specifically for John whereas the RDR1 epilogue really does that for the one mission where you take down Edgar Ross as Jack. RDR2 is basically the model on how to do post-game sections in games like this.

Attached: 1548277028931.jpg (1920x1080, 376K)

No more Redemption title. Time to close the book of Van Der Line gang tale and open up a new tale with new Red Dead title. I want my peak 1870s Wild West goddammit.

No more ham fisted sad endings that completely ruin the tone of the endgame/exploration aspects of the open world game. Sick of being emotionally manipulated into feels over good characters in shitty games with average gameplay.

Need a DLC about tbe Blackwater heist. I wanna see how it actually went to shit and meet the Collander boys and that dude that bled to death on the Wagon.

Attached: 1549773356055.png (519x471, 8K)

>RD2 ending is hamfisted
Are you retarded?

Attached: 1549676488428m.jpg (949x1024, 103K)

>not wanting to play as mac
>not wanting to be arthur in blackwater scheming with hosea in an eternal summer scenario
wtf mate

I also wanna see young Jenny. She was mentioned to have been killed but unlike the Callanders who were mentioned to have been shot specifically Jenny was killed in an unspecified way maybe captured and hanged?

But yeah, I'd love that DLC too. We would need to play as a non-Arthur protag though since Arthur did not participate.

We play as Mac Callander obviously, the ending is with him half dead with a pool of blood around him and Milton is crouching over like the parasite ghoul he is.

You don't think the pacing towards the final chapters is very erratic and the epilogue is nothing but fanservice and very hacked together just so it can lead into the first game and have a reason to exist.

Yeah I'd like that. Maybe put some content in New Austin as well, Mac is more convenient than Davey because we know what Davey looks like but we don't know much about Mac.

Attached: 1550152946871.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

It was great thematically, character wise, and for the most part plot wise but the pacing was pretty screwy.
>When will RDR3 take place?
I'm hoping late 1870s to early 1890s. Hopefully it stars Hosea.
>Will it be for the PS5?
Probably. I can't see it being so late that it ends up on the PS6 but I guess that's possible. It's weird thinking I'll probably have to wait nearly a decade to play it.

Yea, it is and it sucked the fun out of like half the game. Then when you're finally done being blacklung, introspective faggot Arthur with Sarah McLachlan soundtrack you have to go back to being buttfucking marston and probably give up on free roam altogether.

The story was shit that wouldn't even pass for a Netflix original but they prioritised it over gameplay at every turn. GTA and RDR are most fun when you're just going buck wild in free roam and that works a lot better if the character is a sociopath who loves firebombing civilians as much as you do. The missions were all a bunch of scripted moviegame shit that only worked in service of the b-movie narrative. Free roam is where it's at and Arthur was the perfect dgaf character to fuck shit up with until the last couple chapters.

The pacing was completely normal because of the staged bank heist that resulted in two people dying and Dutch losing his mind getting more and more irrational to the point of killing Cornwall. And the Epiloge was bad so I'll give you that.

The epilogue in RDR2 was way more substantial than it was in RDR1. Arthur's death which was the absolute lowest point in players' mood was followed by gradually making them feel better by playing as John and enjoying the comfy life of building Beecher's Hope and then we went into another climax when we confront Micah and tie up the loose ends of the Van Der Linde gang as John, giving Arthur a final sendoff.

Attached: 1549205800899.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

I thought it was a carry-over and a nod to the first game. In the first game John won't sleep with any prostitutes because he's married and Jack won't because....I forgot, but he still won't.
Does Arthur really seem the type to be banging random thots? He's a sad romantic at heart and his thot banging days are behind him.

kek, hi Micah

Don't respond to me

Trash for normalfags.

Are PCfags still mad they can't play this game? Why be so autistic and not just just keep one console for exclusives?

Attached: 1549140409431.png (417x533, 45K)

Imagine being such a faggot you can't even afford a PC. Consoleniggers are such a sad disgrace...

I do have one though autist lol. Unlike you fat, loser incels I don't just stick to one thing owning a ps4, PC and Xbone. No Shitch though.

Story was damn good, it also enhances 1's story. Arthur is quite possibly my new favorite vidya character, and that's impressive considering how great John was.
On the subject of RDR3, I'd prefer Rockstar shift their focus to the next GTA or a totally new IP (I'd love to see what Agent was all about, a espionage Bond style game made by Rockstar would be fun).
GTA V was not good but IV was one of my favorite games of all time. And RDR2 gave me the same feeling I had playing through IV, it's one of Rockstars best imo.
Here's to hoping they develop GTA VI with RDR2's success in mind.

Attached: red dead 2 arthur.jpg (1200x675, 110K)

honestly are there any Western films that have as good of stories as Red Dead? i've seen quite a few and they were all pretty boring and meh, certainly didn't make me feel things like RDR 1 or 2 did

>Xbone
good bait

Typical subhuman mentality, enjoy life as a console nigger.

3:10 to Yuma with Christian Bale is pretty good, reminded me a lot of Red Dead when I first watched it

Keep begging for ports then lmao. Not like PC has any real games anymore.

I mean I don't think RDR3 is gonna be their next game but I'd love an RDR3 more than some modern day GTA.

>Does Arthur seem the type to be banging random thots?
My issue is with gameplay freedom and roleplay aspects of forbidding the player from doing that.

They didn't explore Arthur's relationship with Mary / Abigail enough for that to be a strong enough of an excuse in my opinion.

Attached: 1550157360115.jpg (1920x1080, 362K)

having hoes help you in the bath is pretty much the closest you can get to getting a hooker so I would usually just do that and imagine they were giving my boah a handy under the bubbles

>My issue is with gameplay freedom and roleplay aspects of forbidding the player from doing that.
The roleplay argument doesn't really apply to games with strong characterization like this. I do feel you to a certain degree but I guess the real reasons why I don't mind it that much are simply that it isn't very important to me and its par for the course seeing as it was deliberately eschewed in RDR as well. Also, I don't think its about his relationships or feelings for other women. If Arthur wanted to bang someone he probably could've easily had his way with Mary-Beth for example who gave him some low-key signals, or even Sadie.

I was incredibly surprised when that didn't turn into sex the first time I asked for the deluxe bath lol

Yeah I do that too, I just wish they rubbed his leg a bit longer to get me in the mood.
Interestingly John has a fully furnished bathroom but you can't use it which is sad, I wanted Abigail to put on some lingerie and give John a quick run and tug.

Attached: 1549197594680.jpg (1920x1080, 560K)

Also, its never implied that anyone in the gang is in the habit of seeing prostitutes.

Get real, Abigail is literally in the gang because she was brought in to suck their dicks.

Attached: 1548277383767.jpg (1920x1080, 533K)

I know, damn shame you can't use the bathroom or Abigail. Literally no excuse not to put in at least a fade away to black with moans like gta sex scene between her and John.

That's not true lol

Gotta please the sex hating prudes I guess. Despite RDR being marked as ''mature'' but w/e.

Attached: 1550162689669.jpg (1920x1080, 382K)

It's abso-fucking-lutely true. Dutch says they all had her in RDR1 and brings up her whore past. Uncle introduced her to the gang which sorta makes me think he was her pimp.

Attached: 1549523393943m.jpg (1024x576, 86K)

It only gets mentioned briefly but apparently the reason Arthur doesn't fuck whores is because he got a waitress pregnant with his child. He visited them off and on for ten years until one day when he arrived he found two graves outside the house. They were killed by outlaws who robbed the place.

She slept with probably Dutch, Javier, Bill, and Arthur before marrying John but I doubt that's why she was admitted to the gang. Dutch seems to focus on picking up lost people. Abigail being a prostitute probably had a shit life that put her in a hard situation to be rescued from. It's Dutch's MO - save broken people because they're easy to manipulate and they give you undying loyalty.

This was cool backstory but I really wish it was foreshadowed better. It comes out of absolutely fucking nowhere. In addition to Mary and Arthur's doubts about the morality of being an outlaw it does explain pretty well why Arthur is so angry and sad.

Lol at all the fags who cant form their own opinion so they let YouTube boy do it for them

It will take place in an Arby's in 2004. My cousin works at Rockstar

Yeah I agree, it fits with his character really well, but having it be a completely optional conversation near the end of the game was kind of a weird choice.

based
it will be about jack marston's descendant who recounts the story of his ancestry to his unbelieving coworker

Just because one cocksucking faggot put it in a video doesn't mean other people didn't have the same opinion. I love the game yet it was really evident how the game really wants to be in complete control of the experience. One of the best missions in the game is the one where you steal the oil cistern for Marston's plan because it gives you an objective and lets you complete it on your own. Another good one is the one where you steal the documents and stealth is usable but not mandatory. I wish Rockstar realized that cool moments players create themselves in freeform gameplay are equally valuable to cool cinematic moments and sometimes more valuable in creating engaging gameplay in the missions.

Attached: 1548278527052.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

Attached: 1543127645840.jpg (800x800, 321K)

Attached: 1550169994164.jpg (1920x1080, 543K)

Attached: 1550162435432.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

Free roaming in New Austin is fucking amazing.

Attached: 1549195039526.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

I've seen a lot of people complain about how restrictive the missions were, but aside from a handful of mission, I thought most of the game was fine in that aspect. My only real complaint is how the missions I failed had nothing to do with me dying, but instead was because of the npcs. I think my biggest example of this is in a mission in Rhodes, you have to take cover by a window next to Micah. If you do anything else he gets shot in face and the mission fails. I found this to be really stupid as I was already in better cover, it interrupted my enjoyment and it also happens right after another character gets shot in the head and is now dead for the rest of the game. Other than moments like this though, I didn't find the missions all that restrictive.

Dutch taught Arthur, John and Tilly to read but not Abigail. Why do you think that is? Maybe it's because her function was being on her knees sucking cock until Arthur and then John dated her, with her ending up with John and having a kid with him that was possibly John's but not for certain.

Attached: 1547935021560.png (1920x1080, 2.13M)

>its never implied that anyone in the gang is in the habit of seeing prostitutes
Except Micah.
>Why do you have all these women when they wouldn't fuck you if you put a gun to their head
>Well I'm sure you've tried, Micah
And he constantly propositions Abigail, and privately refers to her as "his kind of woman".

who is jacks father

Yeah it was a nice enviroment. It was a little weird considering how close the timeline is to the first game though. The whole time I was scouring the map I kept thinking about how it doesn't line up with Johns knowledge of the area in the first game. It was pretty damn good other wise though.

Ron

>Dutch does something horrific.
>Arthur and the gang tut-tut over Dutch.
>Giant action clusterfuck happens.
>Relocate camp.
>Repeat.

The extended cast were largely wasted in favor of Dutch's constant, often retarded schemes. He should have fucked off, been injured, whatever for a chapter or two so the rest of the gang could have a chance to shine. Maybe have Arthur/John score a successful heist with their plan, the camp prospers a bit, then it's back to Dutch's dumbfuck schemes and the group's growing concern.

>free roaming emptiness is amazing

obsessed

>Except Micah.
Yes but I wasn't considering Micah as a part of the gang because he doesn't belong and isn't truly a part of it nor is he family. He's the only member who is almost completely outcasted by the others. The only reason he's there is because Dutch likes him. Literally no one else does.

John. Nothing about Jack seems reminiscent of any other member of the gang, and Abigail seems pretty insistent that John is the dad. If anyone would have the kind of insight required to determine that, it's her.
She also puts up with a lot of shit from John, so I can't see any reason for her to be so insistent about him being the father when he's such a deadbeat, at least as of the start of the game.

The Wild Bunch

Unforgiven

The Great Silence, with the original ending

Its John. Doubting it and trying to invent "theories" as to who else it is is such a bullshit meme thing to do. His model in RDR also looks a lot like John's.

real Yea Forums people don't play rockstar games

Remember how the best plan was Bill Billson's heist in Valentine with Arthur and the girls? If Dutch went away, the gang would've probably been doing great. Especially when you have Hosea there. The only issue is that Dutch is the one that kept everyone together, nobody else could do that, not even Hosea, even if most of the gang really liked him. You get rid of Dutch and a few would go with him, mostly the muscle. Bill could be talked into staying if you just stroked his ego and made him feel important, as he just wants to be acknowledged.

Let me guess, Yea Forums approved games are all Nintendo and jap-shit. Right?

>is model in RDR also looks a lot like John's
He does look a bit like Dutch, it has to be said.

Attached: 1550154894759.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

The pacing in general is pretty bad. Both Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 should've been much longer, they both seem to end very abruptly. Chapter 2 should have had you engage in a series of missions warring with the O'Driscolls and ending with someone finally taking out Colm, and that confrontation should have been what brought the heat on you. Come to think of it, it would have been perfect thematically if Dutch had gotten the camp in danger and forced a move by choosing to strike at Colm in such a way that it was obvious to the law, basically choosing revenge over safety. Then he could explain away to Hosea/Arthur how it was necessary because otherwise Colm would come and kill them. It would've followed up perfectly on the conversations in Chapter 1.
Chapter 3 just should've been longer and had more intrigue with the Grays and Braithwaites with more back and forth. That chapter ends so suddenly, it feels like things are just starting to get going and then out of nowhere its over with both parties. It should've been a slower build playing both sides and it should have seemed like things were going great for a while, like Dutch's plan would work, then the Grays/Braithwaithes reveal they knew the entire time in one fell swoop and bring the whole thing crashing down. I feel like more people should've died as well.
Guarma never should've happened

>resurrected Arthur and John Marston, who ate now very gay together.
Are they re-animated and normal or some kind of radioactive zombie versions of themselves? This is important.

True, and while I said it was meme bullshit I will say Dutch is the only other serious candidate. Jack is too pale to be half Javier and too intelligent to be half Bill.

>too intelligent to be half Bill
I dunno, if he was Bill's kid it would explain why he doesn't interact with whores.
female ones, at least

That model from the end of rdr is definitely what kills any potential debate. Although I find it weird how he goes from looking almost nothing like either parents and then all of a sudden he's the spitting image of John

I love how Bill is supposed to be gay but according to Dutch he supposedly also banged Abigail. Maybe he just closed his eyes real tight and pretended she was John.

To be fair we've never seen young John

People take it too literally when Dutch said "we all had her." I think. She was a hooker but Dutch makes shit up all the time and he was probably just trying to antagonise John because he was a nutter who was trapped and wanted to get out.

Also possible. It's classic Dutch as well because in his peculiar manner he also lifts up John and deprecates himself all while using it as a verbal attack of sorts. He says John's "a better man than me" because he married Abigail. Reminds me of how he says Arthur is his favorite son and "the best man among us". I think in his odd way he really means that.

I think you're just trying desperately to play down the fact that Abigail was the town bicycle of the gang. Dutch knows John knows, that's why his bantz are so effective.

Attached: 1544150729442.jpg (920x863, 130K)

I think that would make more sense over all. I mean I could see Dutch sleeping with Abigail at least once after recruiting her into the gang, just seems like something he would try to do. Maybe Arthur too, considering how she seems to like and trust him the more than the rest of the gang, but sleeping with everyone else? It just seems unlikely.

Post dem YELLOW CHARACTERS

Attached: Red-Dead-Redemption-2_20190222220356.png (2560x1440, 3.62M)

That's partly also probably because there was an obvious tone shift from RDR to RDR2 and Dutch's gang was almost certainly reimagined. Playing through RDR I got the sense that Dutch was a cold ruthless man who had maybe a bit of an unexpected fatherly side but was dangerous and his gang was scary. I pictured no women in the gang apart from Abigail either. I definitely wasn't picturing the roving family who only do robberies and kill for the money they want to live their own life together.

Attached: 1549421300960.jpg (1280x969, 147K)

This one still makes me chuckle

Nigga I don't give a fuck about Abigail, I'm just going by what happens in RDR2. Only Arthur and Micah show any interest in Abigail, outside of John. Maybe Dutch and Javier fucked her at some point in the past, but as it turns out, the gang were a lot more of a chill family than anyone expected them to be. We heard very little about them from the first game, we just know John didn't miss the lifestyle and from what we see of Dutch and Bill, a lot of assumed it was pretty much a whole gang of Micahs.

Anyone else find it odd that there wasn't many interactions or much of a friendship between Javier and John? Based on RDR you would think they were close seeing as killing Javier is the only time in the story where John cries. I mean Javier does volunteer to go save John in the first chapter but beyond that they really have no interaction.

>I think that's just unlikely
Sure if you ignore direct in-game sources from bith RDR1 and 2. There's a reason Arthur says Jack looks more like a Williamson or an Escuella than a Marston if you antagonize the little boy. Arthur knows as well as the other old timers that Abigail fucked everyone in the gang aside from those who were already married or dating at the time.

When John talks about his old gang with Bonnie and Ross he still shows signs that he believed that the gang's intentions were good like Robin Hood and his merry men.

Attached: 1545774455650.jpg (1992x3232, 1.01M)

I pretty much pictured a gang full of Micahs to be honest, that's pretty on point.

>Arthur knows as well as the other old timers that Abigail fucked everyone in the gang aside from those who were already married or dating at the time.
Even then that would pretty much only be Javier, Bill, Dutch, and Arthur. I can't really think of anyone else who would be around. Hosea seems like his heart belongs to Bessie.

>When John talks about his old gang with Bonnie and Ross he still shows signs that he believed that the gang's intentions were good like Robin Hood and his merry men.
I don't recall the dialogue exactly. I remember him saying that Dutch wasn't all bad because he taught him how to read and kind of served as a father to him. However he also said he didn't miss gang life and I think other things about how they were ruthless killers.

>anyone else who would be around
Mac and Davey Callander.
Possibly other people who rode in the gang before quitting or dying.

Attached: 1547942771517.jpg (683x1024, 157K)

During the last ride with Ross Marston says that the gang did more for the common people than the government ever did when Ross lectures Marston about robning the savings of hardworking people from banks.

It's not offered how long Mac and Davey were in the gang. I thought they seemed like fairly recent additions.

Okay I will fully admit that I was completely unaware that was a line Arthur could say. However, if they all fucked her and she also got pregnant shortly after arriving, how did they decide who the father was?

Could just as easily be excessive hatred for the government that John is displaying rather than great loyalty to the gang, but I see the point.

That's a line where Arthur is just being a dick. It's the same way you can tell someone you like their face and then a second later tell them they look like they have a face like a prolapsed anus or something. Taking the antagonise lines seriously isn't a great idea.
John just seems like he would take outlaw life over government because he only really saw bad things from the government, whereas he thought outlaws were free and could do good because they wished to, not because they were obligated to, I guess. He'd take Dutch over Ross.

Seems like Abigail claimed it was John. It also seems like she was in love with John for a while before at the time, maybe she was with him more than the others around Jack's conception or something. Abigail seems very firm in it and by Arthur's lines to Hosea he seems pretty sure John is the father as well. In RDR2 only John seems to think it isn't his and that seems to be looked on by the rest as a weak front to get away from accepting responsibility for Jack.
Also, that opening scene in RDR2 with John man.
>John lying on the bed scratched up
>Abigail walks in with Jack
>"The boy wanted to see you John."
>"Well he's seen me now."
>Cut to Jack looking sad
Broke my little heart

There's nothing to hint at Callander twins being recent additions as there was nothing really for or against them being veterans.

>how did they decide who the father was?
John could not be certain of Jack's parentage so I'm guessing that he ended up deciding that he loved Abigail enough that he wanted to believe Jack was his. Note that he did take off for a year from the gang, he could've felt that Jack was not his but that's speculation.

Attached: 1550180132817.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

I wonder what John did during that year? Just chill out somewhere or have his own outlaw adventures? There's a lot of DLC options if they choose to go that way.
>Charles in Canada
>Sadie in New Austin
>John's year off
>Boat heist with Mac etc
>Undead Nightmare 2
>Alternate ending DLC
I think it would be interesting to get any of them, but especially the alternate world things. Such as Arthur deciding not to do the loan sharking, or perhaps just moving to New Austin with the widow and living out his last years in the dry heat. Fan service as hell for sure, but alternate possibilities are interesting, like Undead Nightmare.

>There's nothing to hint at Callander twins being recent additions as there was nothing really for or against them being veterans.
I thought Arthur mentions picking them up in his journal entry recorded prior to the game but that also could've been about Jenny/Lenny.

Fuck I didn't even think about Jack as a possible reason as to why John left. That would better explain why Arthur so fucking mad about it considering that even he took responsibility for Issac.

I think that was Jenny and Sean. Don't remember how long Lenny was in the gang but Charles and Micah both have been in the gang for around 6 months.
I love Red Dead lore discussions

Attached: 1550165523860.jpg (1920x1080, 421K)

Best DLC options are definitely the ferry heist with Mac followed by Charles and Sadie post game. John's year off is interesting though. Did he just wander around and do odd jobs?

I mean that's pretty much the only reason. He was trying to duck responsibility for Jack. That's why he's so cagey about Jack in the beginning of RDR2 and always fighting with Abigail. John in the game is basically slowly taking responsibility as a father. Still Arthur holds his betrayal to the gang as a worse offense than leaving Jack.
>I mean running out on that kid is one thing, but there's a code, and he knows that.

I love lore discussions too. Shame more anons don't show interest.

I feel like the whole code thing doesn't hold up that well considering the rest of the gang already forgave John and act confused as to why Arthur is still mad. I mean, this still all speculation, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

I mean we have a pretty healthy discussion going on here. I was thinking we could revive /rdrg/ on /vg/ when the update hits if there's interest.

Attached: 1550174286822.png (857x481, 525K)

The reason why Arthur is still mad is because John was raised in the gang just like he was and he basically sees John as a little brother. Arthur felt personally hurt by John leaving and masked his anger due to that with anger on the gang's behalf. You can see clues of this in the dialogue when Charles asks "What is it between you two anyway?"
>I mean, we're family, you know? And he left for a whole year. I guess...I still haven't completely forgiven him for that.
Also when Arthur is trying to give John advice and John thinks that its an argument.
>Look, this life, this way? We're the last I reckon. We're hunted now.
>Then that's how it goes I guess.
>For me, yes.
Arthur is trying to say John can get out. Then later John says
>Why are you so interested in my life? Don't you have your own?
Arthur backs off sheepishly. He's the classic heart of gold character who doesn't want to show weakness. He's afraid to let John know how much he cares about him because he's subconsciously afraid John will punish him for it. Probably because the people Arthur loved the most in the past hurt him the most also.

Attached: 1545473638624.jpg (1024x808, 130K)

Holy shit I forgot about HERBERT MOON

After you take Jack fishing on Abigail's request Arthur writes in his journal lamenting about how John doesn't take proper responsibility and how Arthur should've married Abigail instead.

Not everyone is a horny sex monster like you are user

How many of you started another playthrough after finishing the game just to get the gang back?
Im considering doing it.

Yeah but that isn't completely serious. That's Arthur being half-veiled and wistful like he sometimes is. He was too busy pining over Mary at the time and he knew it. Things playing into that entry are
>Arthur is angry at John for betraying him by leaving, but he doesn't want to admit that out loud even to himself
>Arthur feels like John is wasting his chance at happiness by neglecting his family
>Arthur feels Jack deserves a good father
All these things result in a general feeling of disapproval towards John which color all of Arthur's thoughts about him early on

I'm doing it. There are a couple great points where all the gang is back at camp except for Micah, those are great parts to stop at and enjoy camp.

That mission is kino.
>Who were those people Uncle Arthur?
>Disagreeable men. Don't worry about them Jack. That's why you have all of us, to protect you from people like them.

I'm on my third full playthrough. Gonna take it slow and do a lot of things as Arthur.

It's a common enough complaint that I think it's more than just me. And GTA series had copulating with hookers and girlfriends in SA.

Attached: 1546609069388.png (1280x720, 1.53M)

I thought it was ok, its clearly a touchy subject that he doesn't like to talk about, and being with a father who's trying to help his son has him thinking about his own failures as a father

I did it the day after finishing the epilogue. Ended up getting a bunch of random encounters I didnt see in my first playthrough and even a couple stranger missions I somehow missed. The only thing that sucks is you can't peacfully explore New Austin as Arthur.

The camp in Rhodes around that big ass tree was the best camp in the game.

He could've journalled about it or alluded to it in his journal, or small things could've slipped out about it that would foreshadow it. Something as easy as saying "You don't know how luck you are" to John as a slight non-sequitur would have been enough.

Clemens Point? That was my all time favorite too. Beautiful, beautiful camp. Right by the water and surrounded by trees.

You can, but only in Chapter 4 with a glitch.

Cool detail: it isn't in the game, but in one of the trailers there's a scene of Arthur walking away from two graves.

It's a good camp but it sucks to have the Rhodes gun ban in effect the whole time you're there.

Im confused of what happened in that final stand off.
Why did Dutch shoot Micah in the end?

Kino

Attached: Screenshot_20190222-112117.png (1920x1080, 717K)

Its either because Dutch was a sociopath who calculated that as being his best chance for surviving the situation (shoot Micah to convince John they were on the same side, then slip away) or it was Dutch taking revenge on Micah for manipulating him and setting in motion events that would lead to Arthur's death.

It's implied that he was there to kill Micah, and was only pretending to help him.

>John: "Why are you here Dutch"
>"Same as you I suppose"

Jack is gay

Red Dead Redemption 2 is not an RPG

I've seen a few different guesses as to why. My two favourite are that he either did it so he could get out alive or that killing him was the whole reason he was there.

>Same as you, I suppose.
Dutch's reply seems to indicate that he was there to deal with Micah. I have no idea why he pointed his gun at John though. Maybe he was still unsure if John had betrayed him or not.

You can make almost any game a roleplaying game if you try hard enough.

I like the first guess, it doesn't make sense for Dutch to take revenge on Micah for Arthur's death when he also let Arthur to die.

>he insists....

It kept Micahs eyes away from him.

Right, but games that are defined as RPGs are made to give you more freedom on the role-playing aspect.

>he INSISTS upon it

Right. It's not an ''rpg'' but it has heavy elements of customization, character progression mechanics and life sim stuff like sleeping, eating, drinking and even shaving and maintaining a healthy weight. You are expected to roleplay as Arthur and the past Rockstar open world crime games have also featured player capacity to engage in sex with hookers or girlfriends so I'm puzzled when they did not allow player choice in RDR2 for Arthur who is not married.

Attached: 1544559385033.png (771x1035, 832K)

This game flopped hard, flopped in a sense that no one even barelly talks about it anymore, everyone was posting for a month or so and then moved on such a shame

The game didn't flop you retard. This is what normally happens to single player games. You have really intense discussion for a month or two then it cools down. It sold a fuckton of copies and that's what matters. We still have threads every day.

Attached: 1543150382630.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

You are still playing within the main characters personality though, if Arthur doesn't want to fuck a hooker because hes in love with another woman, then it wouldn't make sense for the player to make him do something out ot of character.
Also, Red Dead is not GTA on the wild west.

Why didn't you have faith, Yea Forums?

Attached: Dutchpost.jpg (751x656, 132K)

He probably doesn't want to risk having another child. Also after ten years of visiting he probably developed a lot of feelings for the boy and the mother, so it makes sense that when they died it changed him.

My bone to pick with the Mary justification is that you only meet her twice in the game as Arthur which is not enough to sell it to the player why he can't get his dick wet.

Attached: 1548276205520.jpg (1920x1080, 535K)

Because for most of the game, arthur fucking whores'd cause a TB Epidemic

I've put almost 200 hours into this game and have yet to encounter that lady, yet I see you post her in every Red Dead thread

His plan did work ironically, he actually managed to escape.

I liked them both.

Dont know.

>Will it be for the PS5?
Dont know.

>tfw if Dutch had just gone west at the beginning like Hosea said without robbing Cornwall, none of RDR2 would have happened and Arthur wouldn't have died horribly of TB

Attached: mfw arthur.jpg (1200x675, 65K)

You say this jokingly but Rockstar would very likely put out nonsense like this if they bentover and hired a memehaired feminist roastie as a narrative director to adhere to california's forced diversity quota

If Micah never joined the gang then the boat job in blackwater wouldn't have even happend. The entire gang would have been just fine and Dutch would have probably managed to keep things together.

Yeah but for some reason, Micah managed to worm his way in. He probably smelled a mark. Some people can smell them a mile away.

I deleted the game before finishing the epilogue. The epilogue is trash. I get that it's fan service but it's so damn dragged out.

Which is impressive considering he managed to con a professional conman.

No, the gang would end eventually, it only gives you a peace of mind to be able to blame it all on Micah, but the truth is that the world was changing and the place for a gang of outlaws was getting smaller and smaller.

what about Red Dead Online user?

Hosea and Arthur both had their doubts about Micah. Dutch was a visionary, not a conman in the sense Hosea and Trelawny were.

Oh I agree that it would have ended eventually, but I imagine it would have been on better terms and way less people would have died in such a short time.

I guess that's a fair point, I was mostly thinking about the story Hosea tells about meeting Dutch. Hosea says that he was trying to con Dutch and that before he could pull his gun he realized that Dutch had stolen it along with his other valuables. Then again it is also stated that Hosea tells bullshit stories, so perhaps that didn't even happen.

My wife

Attached: 1544137144015m.jpg (1024x572, 79K)

Attached: 1543468390114.png (998x1000, 687K)

I loved it. Went in with low expectations because of Yea Forums and ended up falling in love with the story and now Arthur is my favourite game character of all time.

I hope it follows Arthur's dad. There's enough mystery there to warrant a flexible narrative for R*.

RDR 2 is basically Fable.

Bully 2 is their next game.

>story
Who cares? Go to Yea Forums if you want story. Videogames are supposed to be about playing a game, not some fucking intrusive goddamn story that you spend 95+% of the goddamn "game" wading through.

Attached: 1547642004393.png (421x444, 151K)

Attached: 1544876542167m.jpg (805x1024, 92K)

Attached: 1544130010553.jpg (1920x1080, 321K)

Attached: 1544624698925m.jpg (1024x576, 104K)

Attached: 1543987334821.jpg (570x664, 303K)

Arthur was a based protagonist because your choices actually matter unlike wooden John Marston and MUH WIFE MUH SON.

I see you are a man of integrity.

As a farm boye she would make an ideal wife.

Attached: 1544561008260.jpg (2062x3258, 750K)

>tfw no qt gf to farm with

Attached: GAHD DAMMIT.jpg (437x431, 28K)

Same here. 1860s-70s would make the Lemoyne Raider types much more prevalent and believable since the war's only just ended. Give us the height of the gunslingers not just meeting retired drunks who shoot themselves. At least Ricketts was interesting in RDR1.
Needs a completely new map too. Somewhere with a real frontier feeling in the mid-west maybe.

The bandit equipment, especially the holsters, looked like they were copied from Crowe's character in 3:10 to Yuma. I also went dual Schofields just like Ben Fosterstill mad I couldn't use my LeMat

>tfw Arthur's last ride
>tfw Unshaken
I've never cried in vidya, but this fucking game...

Attached: 1540251991005.png (600x765, 207K)

Did anyone else assume Arthur was gonna get with Sadie?

I actually found my own Sadie last November. But I still love the game version.

Attached: 1545861452101.jpg (640x360, 42K)

I thought that too. I was expecting more missions with them working together instead it was mostly Charles.
I was at least expecting him to have wanted posters in Armadillo/Tumbleweed or a little bit in the credits like Tilly/Pearson/Mary-Beth did.

So say Milton had survived the course of this game and was still around and in charge during rdr1. Do you think he would have let John go in the end or do you think he would have betrayed him like Ross?

ARTHUR
I
HAVE
A
PLAN

>Milton
He was a mad fucking dog and would've probably hanged John when he got his hands on him then went after the rest. Even still, Ross' ''betrayal'' of Marston was probably not in his hands. Nate Johns wanted the region to be cleaned up and Marston was the last loose end. I'm not sure but I felt like Ross was sorta shaking his head after he saw John dead. But he certainly didn't seem to have any remorse for John when Jack confronts him.

Attached: 1544005866696.jpg (768x433, 81K)

Yeah I thought she was gonna be the love interest

Attached: 1537816870144.jpg (3840x2160, 722K)

They made Javier so cool it doesn't even look like hes the same character from the first game.