Unironically got btfo'd by my lit teacher

Unironically got btfo'd by my lit teacher

Attached: Screenshot_20220408-172150_Gmail.jpg (720x309, 150.25K)

>Fillers are not good writers
Tolstoy would like to speak with you.

okay

Bugman thinking like that is exactly why your teacher is merely a teacher and not an actual writer

>NOOOOO YOU CANT JUST IGNORE MY HECKIN ASSIGNMENT WRITING IS ABOUT FOLLOWING STRICT RULES NOOOOOOOOOOOO

He sounds gay

Exactly what I thought. Thanos and the Snap has a lot to do with Raskolnikov

just don't forget to complete the assignment before you get all masturbatory with it. if you want the grade or whatever

next time you turn something in, cum on it

>lit teacher
wat? this is a thing? and why would you go to a literature school?

Nigger, don't go to school. Read a book. Get the fuck out and work for a little, gain some form of financial stability while, if you can, write and submit. Once you're in the flow of things you can quit your destructive day job and focus on writing.

You don't have literature course at your uni? What kind of shit hole country do you live in?

>my lit teacher
>(not professor)
MODS

>blabbing on about shit nobody asked about
Literally NPD

Required course

Obviously I mean my English professor but he doesn't deserve to be called a professor

What was the assignment and what comparison did you make that pissed her off so much?

>lit teacher
>he

That's the one. By going ever so slightly off the restrictions he had in his mind when drawing his assignment, you don't respect his "authority".

(You) demonstrate why most of the people here on Yea Forums are shitty writers

>people in this thread are unironically comparing essay writing and literature criticism to novel writing
/pol/ really did a number on you dweebs. I'm glad I was of age before 2016.

Attached: 9EAB00E1-32D9-4CE7-9EF8-A5818930EBE2.jpg (700x698, 97.37K)

>actually getting writing advice from Yea Forums
>Yea Forums hates it

forward her critique to the chair of a more powerful literature proffesorship and have him humiliate her

This dude really sent an email to his teacher which pretty much said
>I don't agree with the grade you gave me. I think my writing was just too sophisticated for you to understand the point I was making. My grades shouldn't suffer due to your lack of intellect.
>Respectfully,
>OP, a faggot
/thread

These. You're a fucking joke OP, "NOOO my writing is just SO big brained and cool that I cant be bothered to do something as simple as reply to the prompt haha its the professors fault!"

Get a grip, do your classes, learn how to do the homework as a baseline and then evolve from there. Work on whatever braindead shit you wanted to write on your own time.

Go post the prompt and your response so everyone here can laugh at you. Goddamn undergrads.

>He unironically thinks anyone posted anything for any other purpose besides(you)s and what they think sounds good at the time
memes did a number on you dweeb, I am glad I was of age before 2014.

post essay or no balls

…OP literally said he got unironically BTFO

You sound manic and are attacking a strwman seriously.

There can be no doubt these criteria are especially pertinent to your teacher must dourly trudge through many such compositions and read their inane chatter. This spiritual agony can only be endured so far, user, so far before it’s source must be rebuked

His other post implies he's very upset with his professor.

I hate this type of teacher. It stifles creativity and turns students into robots. Someone gets so interested in your assignment and the topic that you dock them for it and the kid who copy pastes from wikipedia gets a 100%

>Assignment: Do a textual analysis of the book we read in class
>user: Compares the book read in class to another book and spends more time talking about the other book instead of analyzing the book that was read in class
>user replying to OP: WHAT THE HAPPENED TO CREATIVITY IN FICTION!?

yah I and probably you would be too. Doesnt mean you cant acknoledge you were btfo. I personally also dont like to be proven wrong either.

I doubt he wrote 30 pages of extra material. Taking a short detour is not going to kill you especially since professors are barely even reading papers. Can you tell me what the harm is?

user, the key to doing well in a Lit course is to tell the teacher/prof/instructor, what they want to hear. In this case: did they ask a question? Ok, then in your essay answer, in the introductory paragraph, repeat the question and they state your answer. And hint why it's your answer. Then in subsequent paragraphs, elaborate on these hinted reasons. Then in the conclusion, repeat the question, repeat your answer, and neatly summarize your arguments.
OK? OK.

>do a textual analysis of the book we read in class
>NOOOOOOOOOOO NOT LIKE THAT

He's getting an English degree, which prepares you for literature criticism. It does not prepare you for creative writing. If you can't do a textual analysis of a book, then you've kind of failed at your degree.
Compare and contrast is the laziest thing an undergrad typically does. Why? Because they generally spend the majority of the paper summarizing plot points of both books instead of actually doing textual analysis. No doubt OP's was the same. I'm sure the teacher's filler comment was about OP summarizing the plot of the other non-related book.

reply to him:
>meds o'clock autist

>He's getting an English degree, which prepares you for literature criticism. It does not prepare you for creative writing. If you can't do a textual analysis of a book, then you've kind of failed at your degree.
No offense but are you autistic or OCD?

>Compare and contrast is the laziest thing an undergrad typically does.
Incorrect, the laziest thing they do is select some brainlet tier subject like English as their degree.

I was a teaching assistant for a couple years, I helped grade many papers. The amount of 20 year olds who think they have anything to say and should definitely be heard is fucking hilarious.

Humility is huge. If you are asked to do something, prove you can do it without having to tug yourself off. Nailing the assignment with extreme competence will ironically make you the outlier.

I'm 20 and I have things that should be heard. Professors are retarded NPC's who will do nothing but grade the work of 20 year olds until they die and won't be remembered for anything. Maybe they should have been more creative in their writing instead of toeing the line like the sheep they are and they wouldn't be where they are.

Both.

Spoiled child nonsense, already noticed by the people who are forced to read your insufferable homework for a pay cheque.

Admit you are not special so you may grow into something that is, or keep pretending your mediocrity is impressive and stay stuck.

>already noticed by the people who are forced to read your insufferable homework for a pay cheque.
That's the point tho, why complain about the consequences of the career you chose?

Attached: baka.jpg (1280x1920, 274.6K)

>I'm 20 and I have things that should be heard
Then why are you in university?

Not that guy, but I don't think the kind of person who becomes a teaching assistant for an English lit course at a university should be the one to call others spoiled. The vast majority of people never get to go to college at all, and those who do, generally do it so they can get a degree in something that they expect should be useful and help get them a job outside of academia (like medicine or software engineering). The fact that you were able to get a post-graduate in English reveals that you are way above the average person in terms of socio-ecomomic positioning and opportunities that have been available to you so far.

Just because you hate your life doesn't mean everyone else does. Don't put people other down because you need therapy.

To get a job. Give your head a shake

>he doesn't get glowing praise for an essay he threw together the day it was due

Attached: Untitled.png (291x909, 61.55K)

>that is exactly why your teacher is merely a teacher and not an actual writer
This is true of teachers in all field. This is why society was fucked for so long. Luckily enrollment has drastically fallen.

If you wanna get a job, just go ask over at your local Burger King or scrap metal recollection and disposal shop. Universities are only useful if you wanna get a fancy diploma stating you earned a degree in Theoretical and Applied Dick Sucking and Fellating Big Dudes.

My essay got flagged for being plagiarized, and then I actually ran it through and it wasn't. I then asked him whether if it was some of my word usage that triggered it(I used shit like 'social bodies') and now he's not mentioning my supposed plagiarism and is now mad at me for not staying on topic even though it helps with understanding the subject matter

Attached: 1649282505298.gif (1440x960, 1.11M)

this

You go to school to learn norms, when you are good enough you can break them. Most likely your writing was dogshit, I have marked so many freshman that think they're Proust or Joyce. The sad thing is that they have actual talent and intellect, but are too narcissistic to focus and improve.

Be imaginative enough to break all their rules who cares what grades you get. If you’re good enough someone will realize. Always add extra shit

reddit spacing

>give a min word count
>complain when I have to make shit up to meet the word-count
Autodidactism can't return soon enough.

Based. Always email and fuck with your sessional instructors. You really think they know much? Who cares if you’re being pretentious. Now if they are a professor then that’s different

No, those are "filters"

Burger king is a shit job. Maybe he wants a less shit one.

My entry level job pays 120k. Most jobs with apprenticeship make half that, and working at burger king would get you a fourth of 120k, if you're really lucky.

>have nothing to say
>ramble
I DESERVE HIGHER MARKS!!!

TAs are 99% awful. I much prefer when at least the prof grades my assignment. TAs ain’t shit bro

There's rarely anything worth saying. Minimum wordcounts are unironically one of our society's biggest problems. That's why journalists put out so many shitty articles. That's why academics make up so much bullshit. We need a return to unconditional patronage which allows artists and academics room to say as much or as little as they need to rather than pushing out meaningless garbage to meet quotas just to survive.

what entry level job pays 120k, Electrical engineering degrees start at 90k.

So true books are a waste of time just write like 300 words on any topic bro

Attached: 022CC636-6AF9-462C-88D9-53C8A7229F6A.jpg (1077x1000, 78.79K)

He's probably referring to the entry level for his profession at his specific university. Even if he isn't, starting pay for new grad traders tops 120k by a significant margin.

oh so you were an underpayed toadie for a humanities department? cool story bro

hahahahahaha, that's what you get for trying to show off

>write an article on dildo designs in the south bronx so you don't get evicted
Mass literacy was a mistake. A class of rich intellectuals should pay a relatively small number of people to research specific topics and present the information in a concise yet detailed way.