Are the rest of the books as good as the first one?

Are the rest of the books as good as the first one?

Attached: 137a82cbaa5a3221aa407a8aa767edfd.jpg (1000x750, 99.93K)

seriously?

read them and find out

>reading 4000 pages of the everyday life of a tea-drinking French homosexual
do Yea Forumsfags really...?

only fags are really redpilled on the woman question

No, fags hate women because they're angry they can't be women. Chads are the only redpilled people on the WQ.

nah both chads and fags are at the same time

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 10.32K)

>225x225

No, fags cannot understand women. They're mere viewers. It's like asking a bird if he understands the octopus. He doesn't. Because he's not in the shit.

being an impartial observer upon the test subject is a requirement to reaching an objective conclusion.

They are not impartial. They inherently envy and hate women.

Clearly, you haven’t read it.
The later volumes are immensely better.

I've only read the first one, I would hope it gets better because the first one pissed me off. He kept going after the girl, she's not even hot and he doesn't even love her. Then there's a lesbian scene? I liked the flashbacks to his childhood, but they were few and far between, most of it is banal filler about gay French society.

>inb4 muh form
>muh prose
literally the equivalent of good cgi

I also own this exact set and can confidently say you should read them all if you enjoyed the first book. They are all great. If you feel burnt out after Book two, please read the final one Time Regained. Nearly the entirety of the last book is Proust explaining why he wrote the entire novel.

Brainlet take

they can live entirely separated from them on their own little gay island and never even notice anything missing.

Attached: uwu.png (785x546, 1.09M)

It did deteriorate, as always. Quite quickly this time.

It's not really that good, as someone said, it feels a bit artificial and generated. In other words, it feels exactly how my life feels, I don't see why I should read about someone comparable to me.

I love how morons like you who clearly haven’t read it feel the need to spout your retarded insights. Suck start a pistol.

It ranges from seriously fucking wonderful to mind-crushingly tedious. People disagree on which is which, however.

You don't think it drags on a bit much?

No because I read fiction to inhabit a world or a character's state of mind.

So basically like a tranny larp approach to literature.

>implying these cocksuckers truly understand women
haha they cannot be redpilled if they haven't experience women first hand. Chads are redpilled because they have dealt with them intimately.

chads just view them as cumbuckets

Attached: 1648385067764.jpg (2048x1366, 632.39K)

And fags can't view them in a redpilled way.

R E N T F R E E
>inb4 not an argument
Neither is your post.

>wanting to inhabit the state of mind of a cuck

mmm yikes

When does the first one get good?

the last 40 pages of book 2 are better than anything in book 1, besides maybe those short scenes when swann hears that phrase from ventuil's sonatas, which match it

>No because I read fiction to inhabit a world or a character's state of mind.
Literally a larping tranny.

You sound like someone who enjoys Marvel movies.

When he says he used to go to bed early

I think the 2nd and fourth books come close. I haven't read the final one yet.

I don’t see why one has to be heterosexual to be ‘redpilled’ on women. Unfortunately in this world you are still forced to interact with women even when you are not sexually attracted to them

Attached: 34426765-AEA8-4B42-A03B-9BBEB39AD11A.jpg (900x750, 152.18K)

It's the sexual aspect that makes the difference.

are the rest of the books as boring as the first part of Swann's Way?

>They were all gay
Not you're just beneath their notice, fatty

With that ratio of men vs women it actually is unbelievable at least one didn't try. So she is either lying and did get some approaches, or she is really unlucky and did stumble upon a gay tourist group. Those actually exist, they are very popular for all the money they leave.

Either that or none of them were interested in banging some random slut. Believe it or not, most men aren't the lecherous cretins that TV would have you think they are.

Again, I point out the number of men. And they've come to party. Are you seriously saying ALL of these men are more chaste than the average priest?

>reading 12,400 pages of some boomer's made up fantasy world
do fantasyfags really...?

Attached: 81SrsU6kczL.jpg (2000x2000, 372.62K)

There is only one book

He only had time to edit like four of them, so some aren't as refined as they could be. He's still probably the ultimate novelist.

please don't ever do that. if you get bored, drop it and come back later but don't skip 2000 fucking pages

The first part of Swann's Way may be the most exciting part of the series. If you're bored you may as well stop reading.

I have stopped after finishing it so that's good to know

>If you don't love this book, you're le boogeyman I made up!
holy cope

If you ever feel like returning you can safely read the entire second book and end it once again as it's a satisfying story and doesn't really demand that you continue. If you want to finish the series after that, you really need to go back and finish the last half of book 1.

The first one is the only good one. Then you get tricked into reading thousands of pages hoping it will get good again. Of course there are isolated bits and pieces of value sprinkled in the rest of the work. Just barely enough to not make you abandon it.

i be mass replying

i feel the comment wasn't so much about whether they enjoyed the book, and more about they seem to scorn the idea of reading long books and making fun of the author rather than the work

you do be

The last book is the best one imo

good point.

Kek based.

Well I suppose under a labor theory of value, a homosexual stands to gain or lose nothing at all from being redpilled. For a hetero male to be redpilled, he must suffer; because he is doing more work, his insight into the matter is more valuable. Thus, I only respect homos if they don't think about the anus. Yet, if they don't think about the anus, are they really homo? Frotting is redpilled.

Sad to see so few here have read thhe entirety of In Search of Lost Time, it's a masterpiece well above the books Yea Forums usually wanks over.

To me, the book got consistently better until Sodom and Gomorrah, the Albertine books were great but not quite at the same level, while Time Regained again reached the highest highs. And you should absolutely not skip the parts 3--6, as the most satisfying thing about the whole work is how the characters change and how the society's perception of them changes, and you'd miss a lot of important nuance without the middle volumes. The transformation of Odette and Swann throughout the novels, as an example, is fascinating. The part with Swann, Oriane and Bassin at the end of Guermantes Way was perhaps the most poignant part of any book I have read.

Yea Forums doesn't read and anons always need le hivemind to approve of things for them.

True, and it's a shame. Yea Forums would benefit from reading and discussing more European works and less American meme works (which are still good, but hyped to no end here).

>relying on Nietzsche for an understanding of Greek sexuality
Not denying pederasty but their myths and literature make it obvious heterosexuality was still the dominant form of romance.

Personally I loved the second one and I'd say it exceeded the first, even though admittedly it drags more. However I burned myself up reading guermantes and Sodom and Gomorrah almost back to back and have not picked the series up since then