/sffg/ - Science Fiction and Fantasy General

Mounted Knight Edition

Previous Thread:>Recommended reading charts (Look here before asking for vague recs)
mega.nz/folder/kj5hWI6J#0cyw0-ZdvZKOJW3fPI6RfQ

>Archive
>>>>warosu.org/lit/?task=search2&search_subject=sffg

>Goodreads
goodreads.com/group/show/1029811-sffg

>A link to the ultimate colossal science fiction and fantasy collection torrent
>Discord
Never going to be created.

Attached: __original__a1b7d03f5fc760b344e26eeac58f2422.jpg (2000x3389, 2.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/59515764-dreadgod
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are you guys currently or planning on reading?

Been reading a more game of thrones and Catelyn’s actions are just outright insane. I don’t know if it’s because her husband and father are lord Paramounts, but you would think capturing Tyrion would give her pause and think of the consequences.

Attached: 1649025327271.jpg (585x899, 139.3K)

What are you guys currently or planning on reading?

Been reading The Way of Kings. That's what I am reading, what about you guys?

Attached: 91UDzcPH-nL.jpg (1694x2560, 1.19M)

Ruined by the spammer already

Trying to read three lions three hearts. I hate how every character speaks in weird words like "aoh amha gonnahh hafe miii a peeese af braddh"

>you will never fight for Most Holy Aspect-Emperor Anasurimbor Kellhus (pbuh) in Unification Wars
>you will never become a Believer King
>you will never eradicate orthodox cults (fuck you Yatwer) and F*nim remnants
>you will never lead Great Ordeal against the foul Golgotterath
>you will never scale the ramparts of Oblitus

Attached: 7.jpg (374x348, 22.71K)

weeper

Between two fires. Every berserkfag should read it.

Attached: file.png (907x1360, 859.11K)

Robert Jordan's Warrior of Attilla

I'm finding it to be pretty boring.

>think about a cool concept
>decide i'll finally write or draw something with that
>crab thoughts kick in
>give up
>rinse and repeat

Attached: 16490271791.gif (200x200, 1.37M)

I enjoyed it. Are other books set in this universe good?

Attached: The_First_Law_covers.jpg (325x165, 84.72K)

ygmi

Attached: cute cowboy crab.jpg (994x1029, 67.22K)

Nonsense. Humans love crab thoughts. All concepts are crab concepts. Do you need re-education?

Attached: crabitalism.jpg (501x850, 112.47K)

The stand alone books that follow the first trilogy are also decent. The second trilogy which is set after those stand alone books is weaker but still ok

The End is Nigh, The Apocalypse Triptych #1 - John Joseph Adams & Hugh Howey, editors (2014)

This is a self-published trilogy of anthologies, which is rather peculiar. Adams is among the top anthologists, or otherwise this probably wouldn't have been possible. There are 22 authors in this volume and 28 across all 3. 17 of those authors are in all 3 volumes. Consult the the provided image for more details. The stated goal was to have stories that depict the same setting across three different times of the apocalypses. A problem with this was that for several this meant that only a third of story was provided and on its on own was rather unsatisfying because they were fragments rather than entire stories. Those stories surely would have been better received as a whole, especially for those reading as the volumes were released. I considered reading across the 3 volumes for each story as I went, rather than reading then from beginning to end of each volume, but decided against it.

Apocalyptic Causes
Impact: 6
Malice: 5
Idiocy: 4
Aliens: 3
Disease: 3
Volcano: 1

The Balm and the Wound - Robin Wasserman
A cult leader, the protagonist, prophesized that the world would end in nine months. He doesn't believe that at all though. An ex-lover appears and drops off a ten year son he never knew he had, who may want to be an actual cult leader. As far as cults goes, this is certainly one of the most beneficial for its members that I've ever read.
Enjoyable

Heaven is a Place on Planet X - Desirina Boskovich
Aliens proclaim the Earth will be destroyed and all shall be transported one trillion light years away. All humans must remain calm and not change their behavior in any way. Randomly selected humans are issued ray guns to vaporize anyone who doesn't continue to live as they normally would. If their promised rapture doesn't come, apocalypse will have to suffice.
Ok

Break! Break! Break! - Charlie Jane Anders
School kids film jackass-like stunts and are oblivious to the world crumbling around them except for realizing that it makes for great content.
Blah

The Gods Will Not Be Chained - Ken Liu
A girl's father has been uploaded into the cloud and has to relearn how to communicate with humans.
Enjoyable

Wedding Day - Jake Kerr
Maybe it's just me, but there seemed to be a lot of mixed messages in this story. The only clear message was that if you know an apocalypse is coming, you should do whatever you can to mitigate it in advance, but people would rather procrastinate. Also, even if isn't there one, you should still be trying to live your best life.
Meh

Removal Order - Tananarive Due
A young woman tends her to terminally ill and bedridden grandmother despite the imminent apocalypse. This reminded me too much of similar personal experience.
Blah

System Reset - Tobias S. Buckell
A skip tracing duo are searching for a techno-utopian terrorist to collect the bounty on him.
Meh

Attached: 1a.jpg (297x475, 62.3K)

probably for the best, user.
Chance that you're not a talenltless shit:

It's okay, I'm writing a story, but I know people will declare it complete garbage and I should never pick up a pen again. But I'm trying.

From a world building perspective, what other areas of study would, while not necessarily having to go in-depths, be considerations during development?

>History
>Nations
>Inhabitants
>Politics
>Culture
>Religion
>Military
>Science
>Geography
>Climate
>Resources
>Zoology
>Magic

This Unkempt World is Falling to Pieces - Jamie Ford
In 1910, an involuntary servant at a end-of-the-world party for the wealthy, who treat it as a joke, daydreams of what could've been.
Meh

BRING HER TO ME - Ben H. Winters
A voice speaks to everyone in their minds and tells them to kill themselves at the proper time. Everyone thinks this is a great idea. A lone girl cannot hear the voice and thus it demands that all BRING HER TO ME.
Meh

In the Air - Hugh Howey
I couldn't go along with this ridiculous premise. I want to be able to, but I just can't. DID YOU KNOW THAT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD HAS NANOMACHINES IN THEIR BLOOD FROM THIS SECRET ORGANIZATION THAT WHEN THEY ACTIVATE THEM WILL KILL EVERYONE EXCEPT THE CHOSEN FEW? This is like a really bad network tv SF plot.
Blah

Goodnight Moon - Annie Bellet
The few researchers who live in the Moon colony realize that a dwarf planet is about to collide with the Moon, which shall shatter the moon and its debris shall rain down upon the Earth.
Meh

Dancing with Death in the Land of Nod - Will McIntosh
A disease that terminally paralyzes 97% of those it afflicts is sweeping across the country. The protagonist, 42, starts a relationship with a ~26 year old woman that he's known since birth.
Ok

Houses Without Air - Megan Arkenberg
Volcanic eruptions have reduced the percent of oxygen in the air below survivable levels. Her housemate wants to make a memorial to the end of the world, so she abandons everything else, because may as well.
Ok

The Fifth Day of Deer Camp - Scott Sigler
...was when the alien invasion began.
Ok

Enjoy the Moment - Jack McDevitt
A brown dwarf star has entered the solar system and is going to wreck the Earth...in 20 years.
Ok

Pretty Soon the Four Horsemen are Going to Come Riding Through - Nancy Kress
Volcanic eruptions induce human evolution. Children born since then are entirely docile.
Meh

Spores - Seanan McGuire
Genetically engineered food becomes grey goo, fungus style.
Ok

She’s Got a Ticket to Ride - Jonathan Maberry
A fixer is hired to retrieve their daughter from a doomsday cult of the Nibiru cataclysm.
Ok

Agent Unknown - David Wellington
Zombies are a prion disease with a possible incubation of 20 years
Ok

Enlightenment - Matthew Mather
Well, that was a lot. What an extreme religious death cult.
Ok

Shooting the Apocalypse - Paolo Bacigalupi
A photographer and journalist are looking for a big scoop to profit from.
Enjoyable

Love Perverts - Sarah Langan
Earth is a disaster after the Resource Wars and now a comet has come to finish humanity off. Nihilists and hedonists abound. A few may survive underground.
Ok

World-building is more important than story
Cope, if you must

Attached: Overview.png (531x669, 26.2K)

Fuck off to /wg/ alrteady

>The Apocalypse Triptych
I love it when covers filter themselves

>read this
>It's ancient Japan
>TWIST
>It's actually post apocalyptic

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKK???????

Attached: utawarerumono.jpg (351x500, 49.13K)

ywnb a janny

based underwater ray romano enjoyer

crab thoughts

It was also originally an eroge that had several explicit sex scenes.

that's where literature peaks

A very fine book

>fantasy
>sci-fi
>fanservice
Is Utawareumono a classic?

Also known as sober thoughts

Fuckoff retard

You're just coping and trying to feel better for your worthlessness by trying to drag people down to your subhuman level

Attached: 1625855020604.jpg (930x487, 82.26K)

All I did is offer a clear-headed view. It appears you're the one coping by posting cringe in sffg and expecting strangers to encourage you or some shit. Well, here's the truth my boy - people who actually, really, genuinely wanted to write a book, already did. They couldn't wait to get home from work and type the words out, each sentence practically begging to get out. They're already done. Some got published, some didn't, some never cared to get published. But the deed they did do. Your "cool concepts" were just daydreams mixed in with delusions of grandeur. Everyone has those, you were never special.

what's wrong with it? besides having a bunch of dialogue tags

Just ignore that faggot. He’s been posting it for the past few threads.

didn't read

I’m listening to Brian and KJA’s Dune sequels while doing errands/commuting/etc. They aren’t great but I might do Legends of Dune after this because I hate myself I guess.

That's not a terrible strategy to spam my previous write-ups so that you can say when I post new ones that they are as well and try to have them deleted.

I don't buy books online anymore because when this came it was an oversized print on demand looking piece of shit with a cover of a disgusting texture.

I finished Reaper and I am idling in Martial World again. Maybe I will finally reread Radix.

I've been reading too much fantasy lately, so i'm going to read some sci fi. Can anyone recommend a trilogy or series of sci fi books that I can stick my teeth into for a while. Ive already read Dune books a while back.
I've been thinking of getting Three Body Problem or maybe getting into Expanse series. My only issue with Three body problem is I hear some people think its not all that. Also how is the translation? My only issue with Expanse is that its a long series. Is it all worth it though?
Ultimately which sci fi book series should I get into? Or is there something better put there?

crab gonna crab

Attached: 300.jpg (300x400, 61.33K)

>Every berserkfag should read it.
What else?

>goodreads.com/book/show/59515764-dreadgod
I'm not sure what I dislike more, the people who gave it 5 stars before it released or the people who gave it less than 5 stars. The hype train people I understand even if it's cringe. But for the others? At least wait for the book to come out before you criticize it.

>At least wait for the book to come out before you criticize it.
This is very common though, especially for books that were "supposed" to have come out a long time ago. That isn't the case for this particular book though.

Martial world?

The Invisible Man, and maybe a literary novel, before continuing with Urth of the New Sun.

>My only issue with Three body problem is I hear some people think its not all that.
There's always going to be those who dislike something, especially for popular works. What matters more than the absolute number is those who think similarly to you.

>Also how is the translation?
The series has more than one translator and it varies.

>My only issue with Expanse is that its a long series. Is it all worth it though?
Relatively very few finish any kind of long series and this is no exception. Several have expressed disappointment at how it ends, but that may not be the consensus. Only you can decide if it's worth it.

Any book series that can be described as sci-fi Law and Order? Just each volume being an episodic crime story in space.

That would be very drawn out if it were a full novel. That would more like a series of short fiction stories, or novella length at most.

The Expanse but it's only about Miller

Attached: moly hand.jpg (372x372, 16.77K)

Most classic crime novels run around 50,000 words, just a bit past the upper limit for a novella.

Classic crime novels aren't anything like an episode of Law & Order.

The Caves of Steel is like this, I don’t know if the other Robot stories are the same

Then that's on me for making a bad comparison. I haven't actually seen an episode of Law and Order in the past 15 years and hardly remember them, I just named it thinking it would get the general idea across well enough.

Is it worth the money,?

Why even ask such pointless question on Yea Forums

This looks like exactly the sort of thing I'm after, thanks user.

>it's Sunday
>go to latin mass like any true Tolkien appreciator.
>sing the latin hyms loudly (V2fags btfo)
>a qt is next to me
>she sings the hyms more beautifully than anything I have ever heard of
>reminded that I am a impure sinner
>for a moment don't say the hymns in fear that I would corrupt her harmony like Melkor corrupting the music of the Ainur composed by Eru Ilúvatar
>tfw no Nightingale gf

Attached: J._R._R._Tolkien,_1940s[1].jpg (1655x2399, 1.02M)

Fuck off, respectfully

she should’ve been killed off like in the show

Literally just download it and check it out. What a stupid question.

Sell me this book. I'm always on the look out for fantasy horror that isn't just graphic descriptions of gore or bloated grimderp shit.

My nigga you seen The X Files?

Nevermind. Just visited this faggot's twitter.

That bad?

Anti-Trump, user's probably a seething Murican political cultist.

A surprising number of anons won't pirate stuff.

Aren't all good fiction writers left wing?

You're the only one seething here.

>caring about identity politics

Says the guy who lets his fee-fees get in the way of reading good fiction, haha...

from where mate

Everyone is "left wing" until the overton window shifts and they become neo-nazis like JKR.

meds. now.

hint: check the catalogue

Misconception.
There are so many leftwing authors, some tend to better than others, but against a true rare right wing author they stand no chance

I agree, people should take their meds and stop letting politics control their lives.

>Le drugs are cool XD
Can't tell if 16 or 61

This. You have to be incurably mentally ill to immediately check an author's twitter page for wrongthink before reading a book.

I have not seen good fiction written by a left winger. I am not saying they aren't capable at all, sometimes they do the first book right, with no leftwing propaganda but then the rest of series slowly introduces it and tries to normalize it.
Despicable behaviour.

See

Google zlibrary

It is an objective truth. If you can't accept then that is your problem.

I'm glad you at least acknowledge your mental illness. Now, if only you could take your meds.

Le Guin proves that wrong though. She's the only good leftist author.

>le guin is good
Is this /sffg/ or /baitg/

You are the liberal, you are the mentally ill here.

>I have not seen good fiction written by a left winger.
Bakker

So, no good fiction has been written by a left winger then?

Wolfe, Tolkien, and Dunsany were milquetoast right wingers. Vance was and Cook is somewhere on the southeast side of the compass.

He said good.

So you haven’t read her then? You should give her a try. Only good leftist author.

Is bakker left winger? I though he only pretended to be left wing for commercial and publisher reasons?

Back to twitter

Why are we pretending like the authors identity doesn't play a crucial role in a book quality? You do realise that novels are products of the mind, right? I don't care if my dentist has gay ideology so long as he's a good dentist, but a writer literally inscribes his thoughts for the world to see. If I'm checking the author and it's a semite with BLMLGBT rainbow flag, I'm not touching xer shit like it's covered in bubonic boils.

why would I go to that liberal cesspit?

Bakker is a left-wing progressive. He’s also a fedora tipping atheist.

Attached: Bakker’s blog war against the right.png (585x902, 348.17K)

Because that's where you're from newfag.

Kek you are a retard.

Go back to r*ddit

What are books that deal with the challenge of ruling and leading? It seems like in fantasy being the king is the destination not the journey. I like how george martin explores this by putting his characters in real positions of power.

See

>I even waged blog war against the alt-right
Bakker is a bunkertranny confirmed

Decided to give Elric a read and this shit is BAD, fanfiction.net level bad.
Moorcock can't do subtlety at all, Elric is Moorcock's self insert, Melnibone is evil traditional England full of dumb normies that can't handle Elric's anarchist galaxy brain that he acquired reading books because he can't play sports, and Stormbringer is his giant phallic proxy.
Also for how much this guy goes on about sexism in other people's stories the women in this are 1D, they all may as well be the same person and the one's that actually have names all fuck Elric sooner or later.

Attached: 30036.jpg (282x475, 65.93K)

What did you expect from a guy named Morecock?

Does she do anything of note after the brotherhood brings her back to life?

>sword is a dick
Oh fuck off

>sword is a dick
This humble Junior has gained enlightenment upon the Sword Dao.

It wouldn't be so phallic if it did not have magic powers that make him irresistable to women that he later impales with the sword, that's just not even hiding it

Karl Edward Wagner’s Night Winds. The first Kane short story collection I’ve read and I think I like it more than any of the novels. The Dark Muse actually spooked me which rarely happens with writing and never happens with sword and Sorcery.
Gotta start somewhere user, keep at it and try and finish one thing.
That’s the spirit user, YGMI.

Being here is a voluntarily cancer of the mind, body, and soul. NGMI.

This is actually my story but it’s the wild west.
I think Tolkien actually got inspired to begin writing his “Second World” when he saw his wife dancing. You should try writing something now user.

Get off Yea Forums and either start reading or writing. I rarely let myself go on the board unless I meet my word count for the day.

Wish fulfillment that is good please, ones where the mc works very hard and actually gets rewarded for it and not discarded like a piece of trash on the sidewalk?

If that's how you feel about your own life, you may need to do something more about it more than reading.

What is the Berserk of Yea Forums?

Conan the Barbarian

Don't give a shit about your politics, take your meds and go back to whatever Discord echo chamber you typically dwell in.

that's definitely a contender

Im actually reading it next, read just a little bit and I'm hooked. I have a shit ton of books ready and lined up to read and it's one of the last ones I got but it looks so good I decided to read it before all the other shit I still need to read.

Does Yea Forums even read outside of /sffg/? Seems like the only people reading are the ones in this general.

I'm currently reading A Clash of Kings after taking a break of about a year from the first book. I watched the show first, and it's interesting comparing the way the first season was adapted compared to the second. Season 1 is a very straight adaptation of the book, and the few things it adds are excellent scenes that I wish were included in the book. About halfway through ACOK, there hasn't been a single change the show made that was for the better. It's kind of baffling.

Also, Catelyn's a great character, though she is one of the rare characters that is absolutely just better in the show.

About to finish Moon Witch, Spider King by Marlon James pretty soon. Was exited to read it because I heard it was pretty good, better than the first novel in his Dark Star trilogy. Started off pretty slow so I was wondering what the hell all the good reviews were going on about, but after a while it picked up the pace and got interesting. Hopefully the third book comes out soon because this has been one of my favorite series I've read in a long time.

Thinking of starting Titus Groan.

Attached: 91pGBm3N0jL.jpg (1601x2440, 1018.84K)

>Ceryse and Maegor were wed in 25 AC.[4] The ceremony was held at the Starry Sept of Oldtown, with Ceryse's uncle, the High Septon, performing the rites.[1] Ceryse was twenty-three, whereas Maegor was thirteen years old.[5][4][1] Maegor boasted to having consummated the marriage a dozen times the night of the wedding,[4][1] and those who had seen the bedding agreed that Maegor was a lusty husband.[1]
>Ceryse was twenty-three, whereas Maegor was thirteen years old.
More like Maegor the Based

Attached: Maegor.jpg (300x420, 42.6K)

You should, it's very good. Prose is somewhat purple, but you end up with a very vivid description of the entire castle. I can still picture all of it in my head as if I was reading it now.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Attached: laughing crying turtle.png (1500x1200, 192.12K)

Reaction images, emoticons, emoji, emotes, and similar are basically all the same.

Based beyond belief?

i'm sorry you feel this way about yourself. know that you are loved and there is hope for recovery. step 1 is admitting you have a KJA problem

>Prose is somewhat purple
once again fantasy retards using literary terms wrong
"purple prose" is when there are random very-eloquent or ornate sentences scattered throughout prose that is otherwise very plain; the term from ancient Roman times and likens the random eloquent or dramatic sentence or description to 'sewing purple patches onto a garment' (taking something fanciful or elegant and crudely pasting it onto something that is otherwise very plain). The prose in Titus Groan is not 'purple,' it is eloquent and ornate and often decadent but the entire book is written like that: it's the author's style.

"Purple prose" just means prose that is overly flowery or ornate. I enjoy Peake's writing, but at times I think it is too flowery and ornate. As a result, I think that the book has somewhat purple prose. I enjoy the book, I enjoy florid writing, I simply think that the book goes overboard at points. You may disagree, but I'm not using the term incorrectly.

>it's another under-socialized autist who developed a hyper-specific meaning for terminology that he expects everybody else to use

Shit. Read Bastion instead, or some of those Royal Road pieces. Virtuous Sons poses interesting cultivation practices adapted to a Greco-Roman system. Conceptually great but you're essentially reading a fictionpress series, so it takes a while to ramp up. Still shits on this Chinese schlock.

Attached: Bastion Great Souls.jpg (317x475, 37.54K)

First two are weird but very good. Don't touch the third book, it's shit.

Attached: steerpike2_sm.jpg (201x250, 15.07K)

this looks cringe but you might actually have decent taste

Based.

Got eem.

this hurts...

Attached: crab posting.jpg (500x375, 72.16K)

I tried reading virtous sons, it was fine at the beginning but I dropped it soon after they arrived in olympia and saw the the oracle. It was just some philosophy nonsense disguised a story(half assed one), it started out fine but then gradually went more philosophical and less comprehensible. I guess for philosophy students it is fine.
Of course the xanxia aspect is almost non existent, why is it even called xanxia I don't know (maybe after some philosophical pondering one of mc will realise he is a god or am immortal?), when I say it is a story I use the term loosely because, the actual story hardly exists, maybe it does but absolutely nothing is explained, forget cultivation mechanics, progression, the story itself and plot is unclear, because most of the time the characters speak in philosophical riddles. Chinks have no imagination but at least they are clear and concise.
All in all it is simply for people who are (greek) interested in philosophy.

have you read Reverend Insanity?

>It was just some philosophy nonsense disguised a story
>why is it even called xanxia I don't know

Attached: smug wolfe frog.jpg (600x600, 133.05K)

Daenerys died during the funeral pyre and was turned into a fire wight by Miri the witch.

>we must elevate the fantasy genre
>i refuse to learn basic literary conventions
shiggy

I'm actually reading Bastion right now. Very slow-going, but 800 pages does that I guess. I'm still a little baffled at how much I don't know what Scorio looks like. I get we're mostly stuck to his perspective but all we really know about him is "kinda tall" and "has hair".

>Dockson reluctantly agreed to invite the Smoker. Although the man was hard to work with, he was good enough for the job, at least according to Kelsier.

I'm not a writer, but wouldn't it be better to shorten it like this? like, is that wall of dialogue really necessary?

Attached: 1641546000397.jpg (248x244, 15.02K)

These are early parts of the novel, to establish the dynamic of Kelsier and the rest of the heist gang that Vin finds herself stumbling into. It is rough, and I'm pretty sure Sanderson has multiple times stated he'd redo the "meeting the gang" stuff, but it functions.

weren't there novellas focusing on him?

Fuck Molyneux. Not even literally.

>These are early parts of the novel, to establish the dynamic of Kelsier and the rest of the heist gang that Vin finds herself
Stopped reading there.

You wanted an answer, you got an answer.

Reading Martial World be like

Attached: 20220404_082918.jpg (3264x2448, 1.4M)

>The chapter title is a spoiler
Then why the fuck did you title it that.

>read ship of fools
>the official ebook has reddit spacing between every sentence
Epic.

are you rereading it? I read it once and it was good but I have no desire to reread it, I just feel it has no re-read value.

I can handle that, but there's another ebook I tried reading that has massive indentation at the start of every paragraph and it was too painful to read. Why the fuck don't people format their books to be readable to, y'know, people?

Nah it is my first time.

>twenty-three
used goods

stand-alones are good. I liked best served cold
might as well read the short stories also (all set before the 2nd trilogy)

It’s been a lifelong struggle. It gets you as a kid with Young Jedi Knights, and then you move on to stuff like Darksaber, and the next thing you know, you’ve got no standards and cross-dressing robots are monologuing about Van Gogh.

My favorite simulation is Time Out of Joint.
What is your favorite simulation story?

I found the first 1/4 of the book to be pretty slow, but at that point things start flowing more naturally. He stuffed so many plot threads in that first blitz it's hard to keep track of who's coming or going. As for the MC's looks, the author himself wants you to refer to the front cover of the book and then remove the demonic features. Poor choice of presentation on the author's part.

I read Book One, believe that's up to chapter 200? There's another 2,000 and I'm not willing to wade through shit to get to the 'good part'.

I'm starting to feel this too. They've begun waxing philosophical and setting up parties in an odd way. It's unfortunate to hear that the xanxia isn't prevalent. The forgotten gods and the mysteries behind them is conceptually solid as fuck. When we witness the Rosy Dawn, Griffon hallucinates that the God's face looks like his own.

Seems pretty clear that it's Apollo, so reincarnation must be the name of the game. There's a lot of odd bits but I'll catch up at the very least and determine if I want to keep up with it weekly from there.

Cringe as fuck, really don't understand why the author would go with this. The book is better than its cover.

It sounds like you messed up converting it or pirated a copy where someone else did. I didn't have that problem.

You also likely did something wrong.

okay i wont announce that i'm entering the herb into the options field
fuck these jannies with a cactus

What

the thing in the tank in johnny mnemonic was a literal dolphin?

got a warning for saging my offtopic question

>You also likely did something wrong.
Nope, just got it off Kindle. It's the Tower of Heaven series, the first book, if you're curious.

It's a nice twist on the usual magic academy tropes in that he's immediately shunted out before even getting taught the basics. Reincarnated without memories and just kinda told to roll with it is also a neat approach. I'm not too big on the characterisation so far, Scorio seems fine but no character really feels standout, and the author definitely feels like somebody who writes with a thesaurus available at all times. Every other chapter there's a few words that're just... Nobody uses those ever, stop trying to sound clever.

>Despicable behaviour.
>behaviour
>iour
>ou

kys

>US English

Amerifat detected

I'm torn between reading non-fiction or starting to read Dying Earth.

based

I'm having a comfy fellowship of the ring reread right now. Anyone have any good red pills on Sauron? Was the dark lord misunderstood?

No.

Joe Abercrombie's new series, The Devils, fuses the best of fantasy with the most gripping elements of heist, spy and thriller fiction. In a magic-riddled Europe under constant threat of elf invasion, the ten year old Pope occasionally needs services that cannot be performed by the righteous. And so, sealed deep beneath the catacombs, cathedrals and relic stalls of the Sacred City lies the secret Chapel of the Holy Expediency. For its highly disposable congregation—including a self-serving magician, a self-satisfied vampire, an oversexed werewolf, and a knight cursed with immortality—there is no mission that cannot be turned into a calamitous bloodbath…
COMING IN 2025

Mfw i just found a website with all books for free in pdf
It's all so soulless and tiresome

Attached: 1648131328200.png (356x404, 311.51K)

Search zlibrary, then follow the link and you will find all the books in superior epub format. Life has never been better

>pdf

Attached: sisu_ponders.jpg (804x804, 126.27K)

>The first Kane short story collection I’ve read and I think I like it more than any of the novels.
It is a fact that the Kane short stories are infinitely better than the Kane novels. Wagner was a MUCH better writer of short stories; also S&S in general is at its absolute best in short story format.

I keep pushing this book on you Berserk/Dark Souls fags when you ask for recs, but none of you will actually read it and it's very upsetting. Out of all the fantasy I've read it's the closest to feeling like Berserk (at its absolute weirdest and darkest) and even though I haven't been a gamerfag in years from what I've seen and read about the DS games it's probably exactly what you're looking for.

Attached: Cover-front.jpg (1763x2633, 459.14K)

Calibre can convert them as well without tinkering with any settings, well some of them. I've been testing it last night and today, and many of the PDFs I wanted to read converted to epub no problem. They aren't formatted 1:1 but the text itself is correct and they have the chapters selectable, none of that wonky shit I've gotten with some epubs not from libgen.

Sounds like cringe incarnate.

yee-claw

The reviews for it aren't very positive. Apparently it takes a lot of inspiration from a christmas carol

Attached: lelbooks.png (725x553, 229.8K)

How do you know no one has read it?
Why does that upset you?
Perhaps you in your eagerness you've exaggerated their similarity?
Maybe you should take "no" for an answer?

You're gay.

any recs for books with healthy mother and son relationships? my mom died about a month ago and i'm trying to fill the void.

Oedipus Rex

Redpill me on Saruman

Do you know how the orcs first came to be?

I wanna read books but I'd rather buy them in a paper version than get it online for free. I feel like a book loses it's charm if it's available online
Am i mentally ill?

Attached: 1585758460098.jpg (2500x1976, 1.16M)

Yes

No

Goblins raped an Elf or something?

how could you forget this seminal work

Attached: Akiko.jpg (1080x1920, 423.83K)

I will add this to my backlog. If you would be kind enough to post a DL link then I will grab it now.

why are there so many cringe covers