Why did Darling in the Franxx not feel as crazy for the board as Valvrave did...

Why did Darling in the Franxx not feel as crazy for the board as Valvrave did? The shows are quite similar and had the same kind of effect on Yea Forums when they were running (Franxx's interest I'd say lasted all the way through the series, as opposed to Valvrave's which started going lower in the second season)

Also why the fuck hasn't Sunrise put out a new anime-original trainwreck lately?

Attached: 1568476358193.jpg (1184x1166, 385K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DxJxenWGR0I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because DiTF has an identity crisis, trying to be serious character driven and overt absurd fanservicey at the same time. Valvrave embraces it's absurd fanservicey spirit

it didn't crank the stupid hard enough, fat guy getting ntr'd is weaksauce compared to the other trainwrecks

Bump

Because Valvrave aired in 2013 and Franxx aired in 2018. Like at least 60% of the Franxxfags were tourists, the same tourists you see in the threads for every Trigger anime ever and all shonenshit threads. They weren't here when Valvrave aired because I think that was still during the end of the "Naruto giving out free 3 day vacations to anons" era where those tourists stayed in their wojak shithole instead of coming here (although in 2013 they were spamming Coztanza.jpg and coaxed into a snafu edits).

>no hidamari thread

Attached: 1567372938661.gif (467x263, 326K)

because DTF had better writing and a more telegraphed (predictable) ending. Vulvarape was just one dumb plot twist, to one rape scene, to one AYYY LMAO ending after another so it naturally garnered a larger more chaotic following while it aired

Valvrave was so retarded it was consistently hilarious.

Franxx was just retarded, and took itself awfully seriously for how insipid the whole thing ultimately was.

>DTF had better writing

Attached: 1543081210108.jpg (550x400, 31K)

Valvrave was some of the most fun I've had on Yea Forums. The dumb speculation we did leading up to every thursday was great. Sequel fucking when?
>Also why the fuck hasn't Sunrise put out a new anime-original trainwreck lately?
Probably because they all flopped.

Attached: 1538729333663.gif (320x240, 515K)

Based Heero

No one gets raped (by the fucking MC no less) in DitF

Attached: 1542177204575.png (830x919, 454K)

Valvrave was the last time I had fun watching an anime

It pretty much was though

Attached: 1548969720654.png (1902x1402, 1.08M)

Franxx didn't give us enough information to even theorize about what was going on, until the info-dump most of the way through the series when they laid it all out and removed the mystery. Absolute shit pacing. Valvrape was more interesting on a per-episode basis.

You have any screen-cap for that forced kiss?

is this episode where everyone dropped the show?

No, that was episode 1 with the cringe eva "references"

it would have been cool if fat fuck did rape kokoro

Kill la Kill spoiled us

nah that was 14, normies went ballistic.
youtube.com/watch?v=DxJxenWGR0I

Not surprising given that 13 was probably the best and most emotional episodes in the series and fans were hoping for a happy reunion instead of NTR and suffering.

Attached: bitchigo.webm (960x540, 2.25M)

Anime and the anime fandom have changed massively since the 2000s, and even since the early 2010s as well.

No show really gets talked about like that anymore mostly due to a mix of modern anime being incredibly shit/bland and modern anime fans losing interest in shows the micro second that a new season starts up.