Anyone speaks japanese? What does this mean?

I don't get what's stopping them fro traveling through there.

Attached: Legend of the Galactic Heroes galaxy map.jpg (943x690, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sargasso_Sea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It means "Dirty Gaijin need to learn superior language of Rising Star".

Sargasso Space

"The pleasure of being cummed inside"

Their method of FTL requires stars as intermediaries. No stars = no go.

/jp/ or /wsr/ would be of better help, this place is full of stinky EOPs and ESLOPs

Sargasso space

Seeing this image creates so many problems and things I dont fuckin understand about this universe LoGH takes place in. First that blackness they cant go through is fuckin full of stars like alot of stars like a crazy insane huge amount. No way they cant navigate through that. Second I didnt realize just how big the empire and alliance were. They are fuck huge the logistics of war between these two powers would be borderline impossible. How many planets are even owned by these nations? Given the amount of stars they control there must be actually millions of habitial planets. Finnaly if memory serves arent there a commically low amount of people like less then 20billion or something? This image really shows how little the creator understood about how big space is. Its really really big. Still best anime IMO.

Interesting. Gravity wells as "slingshots", maybe

Thanks but
is Sargasso Space a thing? Is it just a name? Google says StarFox and a few other scifi media also use the same name, but I can't find any actual scientific reference

it's likely actually something slightly different, because of how JP romanizes things. if it was sargath's or something, i would have expected sargassu or something, though, so I couldn't tell you what. I'd type it out so you could search for the string, but I don't have anthy on hand at the moment.

Amateur astronomer here. Given the location of Earth in that image the black space is what in real life is sometimes called the Sagittarius gap. Though again that image is really dumb in respects to real life. That large black space is still absolutely full of stars.

Sargasso in space would be more like the great attractor, right?

Didn't an entire fleet get destroyed by going too far outside the corridor in one episode? I could never make sense of it.

>First that blackness they cant go through is fuckin full of stars like alot of stars like a crazy insane huge amount
Well it wasn't like that in the books, guess they portrayed it that way for artistic purposes
A black empty space would just look lazy and they had a decent budget

>They are fuck huge the logistics of war between these two powers would be borderline impossible
That's probably why modern 5-years-wars regressed to a fuckhuge 150 years long war

>How many planets are even owned by these nations?
We know about 30 planets or something if I recall correctly, but I can't remember if they ever referenced the actual number

>arent there a commically low amount of people like less then 20billion or something?
Dunno, it always sounds like a million soldiers die whenever there's a battle

Sargasso Space.

I'm guessing it's just a space zone named after this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sargasso_Sea

It's a reference to the Sargasso sea.

Anime regularly makes reference to staples of European history, superstition, or lore.

It probably just means it not navigable and ending up there means you're probably dead.

That's what the Sargasso sea meant to sailors. Becoming becalmed and drifting until the whole crew died... Becoming a ghost ship... etc.

No surface currents lead out of the Sargasso sea. Calm winds frequent. Becoming lost and accidentally navigating into it usually meant a slow death. Rafts of seaweed float around in it. Most of the crew couldn't navigate, but all were aware of the lore concerning rafts of seaweed floating in the open ocean. Imagine seeing one float by.

Wasn't there some random particle that made it too dangerous to navigate through the 'empty' space? Also, iirc at one point humanity peaked at around 300 billion people until the Empire was formed and it dropped to something like 20-25 billion. I think at one point before Rosenthal rebelled he was in command of only like 4 million men, and that was considered the 2nd strongest force in space after all the stuff that happened in the anime. So yeah, pretty tiny.

>Rosenthal
Reuenthal

Well most of the population is made of civilians

Anime regularly makes
>oblique
reference to

...And expects you to just understand as a matter of course. It's fucking excellent.

It says "cunny".

I wouldn't trust the pic, they always portray this shit in contradictory ways.

Attached: 1561108408251.png (838x606, 738K)

it says "WELCOME HOM3"

probably FTL jump distance is limited

DUE CIRCLE AROUND AND FIRE LMAO