Eureka 7 Hi-Evolution

Hi-Evo 3 was slated to come out this year, based on the original marketing. We've only got three months left in 2019, and there is still no word about it at all. Not even promo art, let alone trailers.

We're never going to get the last HiEvo movie, are we?

Attached: Eureka crying hi evo 2.png (500x211, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

otaquest.com/tomoki-kyoda-interview/
otaquest.com/dai-sato-eureka-seven-interview/
youtu.be/3QKeYCLoYgg
youtube.com/watch?v=5D9FDRx8qBA
youtube.com/watch?v=mBgoDAjqQgI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is Eureka Seven worth watching? I can't tell if it's for kids or not because it's on children's TV here right with Pokemon but the episode I saw had a nice looking mecha

Do we even want it?

It was broadcast in an early morning timeslot, but because of all the violence and shit it's not really for kids.When it was broadcast in US, it was very late at night. Like 1:30 am.
I admit that I'm apprehensive and dreading Hi-Evo 3 at this point, but I also just want this whole thing done. I've been on this ride for so long that I just need the closure.

Attached: Anemone Hi-Evolution.jpg (1500x1066, 272K)

They should have stopped with the alternate history movie and never released the abortion known as AO.

>2020: The year Eureka 7 and Evangelion finally die
Thank fucking God!

Attached: 1568159895893.jpg (381x391, 16K)

I don't even understand what Hi-Evo is trying to do at this point. It was marketed at first as a Rebuild-style reboot, which doesn't sound bad on the face of it. Hi-Evo 1's opening 30 minutes with the Summer of Love and Adrock are really enjoyable to watch. Hi-Evo 2 just renders everything noncanon and is trying to make it a meta narrative.

Just thinking about this makes me head hurt and gets me angry and frustrated. I'm really really hoping that we get the last movie sooner than later so I can just move on from this.

Attached: Eureka Seven Canvas.png (853x634, 823K)

It was aired on sunday mornings in Japan, but on a channel with looser content guidelines towards anime aimed at children compared to other networks (they also played Blood+ and Code Geass during children's slots as well) so it can get pretty violent and dark. I'm shocked wherever you lived allowed it on, honestly, unless it's totally censored. As a show, it's fucking fantastic, one of my favorite mecha anime.

Isn't Hi-Evo 3 supposed to tied E7 and AO together? At least that's what I got out of the description. Who fucking knows anymore.

It's probably one of the best sci-fi/mecha anime from the mid-2000s.

Just avoid AO, PFOR, and everything else with the brand name. They're not worth watching.

Is there any torrents or stream sites that have Hi-Evo 2 with eng subs yet?

Hi-Evo 2 did that by revealing that it and all the other entries in the franchise were the products of Eureka's delusions because she accidentally killed Renton and was trying to revive him by creating timelines where he is still alive.

In other words, Hi-Evo baited us with the promise of a reboot and instead gave us a needlessly complicated meta narrative.

None. Fansubbing is pretty dead, so the best we can hope for is getting the official English release from Funimation. Frankly, I don't see that happening anytime soon since we have no word from them regarding anything about the movie. I think the most we will get is a straight-to-bluray release without any actual theatrical run.

I remember enjoying it just fine back in the mid-00's, but I also remember plenty of filler around 2/3`s into the series.

It's a pretty good coming of age story, though. The drama and communication issues between Eureka and Renton feel more like 2 young people actually don't understanding eachother rather than just the usual cheap drama most animes with teen romances have.

I will never forgive Hi-Evo 2 for what it did to Dominic. He was such a great character in the original series that to see him demoted to a bargain-bin SIRI app of all things in the movie just felt beyond disrespectful.

Attached: Dominic Anemone kenichi yoshida.png (1280x1851, 3.38M)

Please let it die. Pocket Full of Rainbows was shit, E7 AO was doubleshit. We don't need tripleshit.

Thanks bros, I'm going to check it out. Just didn't want to get myself into a generic mecha shonen

>Dai Satō milking every last yen from this shitshow.

Attached: 5165165165.gif (383x230, 17K)

They are too busy applying sacred ointment and fag shaming Gohan right now.

I'd argue Kyoda is doing more to damage E7 than Dai Sato ever has, but okay.

Attached: THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg (863x752, 249K)

Dai Sato wasn't involved in PFOR or AO. He was only brought back on for Hi-Evolution, though I have to question just how much influence he has in the production if his and Tomoki Kyoda's interviews with Otaquest are anything to go by.

otaquest.com/tomoki-kyoda-interview/
otaquest.com/dai-sato-eureka-seven-interview/

bump

I just took PFOR as an alternate timeline spinoff and enjoyed it. AO was absolute fucking cancer. I've only seen Hi-Evo 1. From the spoilers here Hi-Evo 2 is going to piss me off, but I'm still going to watch it and Hi-Evo 3 because I'm in too deep at this point.

That's the only reason I'm holding on right now. I've come this far and we're just down to one movie.

I just hope we get it sooner than later so I can finally move on from this. All I want is closure, no matter what that closure is.

I just want them to stop raping the corpse of Eureka Seven...

Exactly, been waiting for E7 to end for 14+ years and Eva to end for over 20. I just want it all to be over at this point.

Keanu Reaves is an anagram for Eureka Seven

In other news, water is wet.

More at 11.

Attached: Eureka giving you a candy cane.jpg (1200x1500, 331K)

It's worth a watch just for best girl

Attached: 596.gif (500x300, 998K)

How long are they going to keep raping this show's decaying corpse?

youtu.be/3QKeYCLoYgg

Best OP

Yes. The sequel and hi evolution, no

What the fuck, bros? I always liked Eurkea/Renton's story a little better, but Anemone and Dominic are probably my favorite side character couple. They deserve better.

SHOUNEN NO HEART!

Until it stops making money is my guess.

Hopefully Hi-Evo 3 will be the last nail in the coffin...

until Kyoda decides to resurrect it again in another 5-7 years.

Everyone deserved better, user. Everyone.

Attached: Eureka Seven 2.png (704x528, 560K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5D9FDRx8qBA This is the best OP.

While the interviewer is obviously a bit of a retard, Kyoda sounds like a real ass. Just talks about his investors and how they can't get real animators any more. Sato on the other hand sounds like he is against making more of the same thing since he thinks he can't make the same impact again, but I don't think he knows what kind of change to the story is a good thing.

This was the best ED.
youtube.com/watch?v=mBgoDAjqQgI

The impression I get from the interview is Sato was just roped into doing this, along with Yoshida. This is more Kyoda's project than it is anyone else's, since he is determined to become an "auteur" on the same level as Miyazaki, Hosuda, and Anno.

At the Anime Expo screening of Anemone, I got the same impression from Kaori Nazuka. She seemed really uncomfortable and stiff the whole time and it was like she's just doing this because it's a paycheck, nothing more.

There is so much Hi-Evolution could have done that I would have genuinely liked and appreciated.

Hi-Evo 1 could have been a full-blown prequel that climaxed with the Summer of Love and ended with Renton joining the Gekkostate. I would have loved to see Eureka's time in the military and the events leading up to her and Holland's desertion.

Hi-Evo 2 could have replayed the events of the series from Anemone's perspective. It could have shed a lot of light on her character and on Dominic's too. Instead we just got...whatever the hell that movie was.

The whole trilogy feels like an incredible opportunity wasted.

Attached: Holland facepalm.jpg (582x466, 28K)

The thing I don't get is I don't think anyone has asked for any of this. Maybe it isn't surprising it got the first movie and the manga adaptation since it was still popular at the time. But people grew wise to Bones quickly, and no one asked for AO or any of these Hi-Evo movies. Bones needs to leave them alone.

It's not a matter of people asking for this. We got this for the same reason we got the FLCL sequels and Blood-C.

Because successful original IPs are the most powerful commodity in anime and Bones decided they were going to resurrect this one yet again as they weren't doing anything else with it since the team that put the original series together barely even exists anymore.

It doesn't matter to Bones if it's a total failure. It'll make back its money on nostalgia, build up hype from brand recognition and get defended by people who either didn't understand the original in the first place and can't tell the different or are so desperate for new content they will accept literally anything if it means seeing their favorite characters again.

The worst that can happen to them is they won't have enough goodwill to make ANOTHER fucking installment 5-7 years down the pike. In short, Bones will get away with murder, and we'll let them do it because they make MHA because all anyone cares about is branding.

Fuck Bones, fuck the fans, fuck the world, fuck them all.

Hey nipland, how about some OVAs. Just some Nice clean slice of life stuff, you know; surfing, robots, world building, What are those young cute couples up to? We don't need any new shitty plot, no drama. When will you learn?

Attached: 50340213_p0.jpg (707x1000, 770K)

>and Blood-C.
I still wish I had some of those old gifs. That show was a goldmine.

It's so obvious that's what people want and expected, not any of this other suffering.

How were the PS2 games?

I could easily get behind that. It would fit in perfectly and serve as a good bookend.

Something like pic related I would have paid good money to see.

Attached: Holland Talho 9.jpg (850x980, 817K)

It's sad to think that fans made better post-series content than Bones ever has.

Attached: Wedding Eureka Renton.png (1266x1000, 1.55M)

the PS2 games are kinda meh from what I remember. The controls were really crap, but it was probably the closest we ever got to decent followup content. Sad.

Do I have to read the Golden Bought to understand Eureka Seven on anything more than the surface level?

Hollywood adptation with Keanu as Holland when? Yes that includes him punching Renton

This is all we wanted in the end, bros. Why can't they just let us be happy for once?

Attached: 1564691969140.gif (500x324, 2.49M)

>hollywood adaptation...
Renton will be played by a disabled black tranny and Holland will get arrested for a hate crime, then everyone will clap... the end.

>Eureka is an Immigrant
>Anemone is trans
>Dewey is drump

Because putting a neat little bow on it wouldn't make Bones any money. And as explained, it's all just about squeezing as much coin out of this as possible.

Eureka 7 is, by most accounts, Bones' most successful original IP, so they have a vested interest in investing as much into it as possible. That wouldn't be a problem if they just stuck to what people liked about it or actually utilized the things that made it standout.

Hi-Evo does none of that. In fact, it seems to have a seething contempt for all the things that made Eureka 7 so memorable.

Attached: Day After 1.jpg (1440x1080, 150K)

I hope Trump gets elected again in 2020 for the sole reason of hating these hollywood fucks so fucking much. I don't give a fuck what else happens, I just want them to suffer.

I honestly don't know which I'd prefer between this and the Hi-Evo trilogy

Attached: vomitchan.jpg (600x600, 61K)

We need another trainChad to give bones the kyoani treatment.

We're in Weimar 2.0... What do you expect?

How well have the Hi-Evo movies done in theaters? I hope they fail miserably and Bones goes bankrupt.

Anemone subs never

I don't see any available metrics for them. I remember people saying that Anemone was well-received in Japan when it came out back in November, but given the lack of hard numbers, I don't really believe that.

Yeah, what else is new?

And 1000 bucks says we'll never get Hi-Evo 3 either.

The fact that they retconned the ending of the series with the movies makes the movies absolute garbage and not worth watching. Just like AO. Just like the new Eva movies. Ignore them, pretend they don't exist.

Movies retconned nothing. If anything, they make it easier to just scratch AO as another suffering AU like every universe besides the original seems to be.

Not only that but what the movies do to Eureka is just disgusting. Hi-Evo 1 just sidelines her and doesn't even pay attention to her and Renton's relationship and then 2 turns her into this vindictive yandere whose mind is broken from his death even though we never see them develop a relationship. I don't know how ANYONE could support what happens to Eureka in this trilogy. She's beyond redemption at this point.

This whole fucking franchise has been so badly tainted it actually makes me sick. I've never seen a property treated with such malice.

Attached: Eureka episode 50.jpg (600x458, 58K)

The original tv series is decent but everything after it is a mistake.

Attached: 1565956091839.jpg (600x845, 157K)

But they did retcon the original. they retconned everything by making them the delusions of an Eureka who accidentally killed Renton and tried to use her powers to bring him back and kept failing.

Didn't finish AO and never watch Hi-Evo movies so this the only ending I care about.

Attached: [a-s]_eureka_seven_-_50_-_when_you_wish_upon_a_star__b3-bomber__[1080p_bd-rip][D57B9FA6].mkv_snapsho (1440x1080, 109K)

If Bones shows up at an anime con near me for sure I am going to ask them to stop beating the dead corpse of Eureka already.

What did you guys think of the manga, without complaining about the ending.

Attached: crazy eureka.jpg (1048x1600, 323K)

Only part I liked was Dominic piloting TheEnd to save Anemone

It's....different. Dark and brooding, which is completely at odds with the original. I also find it interesting that the mangaka of Deadman Wonderland wrote it.

Dominic fans ought to like it outside of him getting absolutely obliterated by the coralians

Attached: 1548273425548.png (1299x1472, 426K)

How come the Euro theaters get to show the Anemone movie next month but not the US theaters?

wasted quads

It only took you three tries

cool story, faggot. now you have to go back.

Eureka 7 is that anime that made me into an anime fan. I was 16 when I first saw it, and now I'm almost 30 with a stable job, a home, and a life. It taught me how to live in a sense, and I made a lot of great friends out of it.

I hate to see how Hi-Evolution has just desecrated what I loved and what built me so much, but now I have to see this through to the end. Like OP and , I just want closure. I want this to end so I can finally put this part of my life behind me. I don't even care if Bones decides it's too much trouble and just cancels the whole thing, but SOME closure to this is needed.

Attached: Dominic Anemone illustration (wallpaper).jpg (1920x1757, 1.93M)

The original TV series wasn't so bad. Too bad whatever positive representation it had is tarnished now.

>implying it's ever going to end
You're forgetting anime is not art, it is a product from a business.
They are go to keep remake entries in popular things as long as it keeps making money or they go under and sell the rights to someone who will be content to just sit on it.

It's still good so not really.
Fucking drama queens.

>yfw we get another sequel series after the Hi-Evo series is over

Attached: ayy lmao bout to slap you.jpg (1440x1080, 142K)

If Kyoda's interview is anything to go by, we'll probably get another entry 5-7 years down the road and the cycle will repeat. And we'll keep asking why they come back to this until people stop buying it.

I really fucking hate this.

Eventually he will have to make a non edgy sequel

Attached: Eureka 7 there's no ending.png (539x275, 185K)

For better or worse, I'll always remain optimistic but generally speaking, these sequels don't make me lose any sleep -- the original is always there.

Attached: ayy from alternate universe.jpg (1000x563, 180K)

With our luck it'll be a netflix 3dcg sequel.

ok don't fucking jinx it, that would actually bother me. One thing that I would be in favor for, although people will still find a way to bitch about it, would be an adaptation or OVA of the manga.

Attached: 1548258586017.jpg (1440x1080, 153K)

Completely soulless when compared to pic related. 3DCG is a mistake

Attached: eureka.jpg (1440x1080, 87K)

I don't recall PFOR being heavy on 3DCG

Attached: 1548259114704.jpg (960x720, 71K)

Well we already got ass CGI in Anemone, so it's not too farfetched.

Still looked ugly as hell, though.

This isn't Hi-Evo? Image looked so clean and kind of off model that I thought it was 3DCG like Expelled from Paradise

>expected simple reboot/remake with new animation and scene
>got a clusterfuck that ruins the series further

nope, it's from Pocketful of Rainbows, which kinda suffered from really washed out colors (which is a lot more notable in scenes that recycle stuff from the series because it's upscaled)

Attached: 1548125228095.jpg (704x528, 42K)

This is literally the worst kind of retcon and it pisses me the fuck off that Bones could not be content with the original uplifting ending.

this show was produced right around the time studios were switching from 4:3 to 16:9 huh

I don't know what's worse. The fact this is what we got or the fact that people unironically defend it.

Attached: Eureka Renton hi-evolution.jpg (886x605, 138K)

not gonna lie, the black suit is great and it's a shame it isn't used as often

Attached: 1548209297504.jpg (835x1014, 96K)

As an EVA fan, this is how I feel with the Rebuilds. So that makes two of my most beloved series getting retconned into oblivion.

Eureka in general was so poorly utilized in Hi-Evo. She's barely present in 1, and 2 just has her character derailed and contorted into something that's genuinely repulsive.

I'm incredibly interested to see how 3 turns out despite that, for better or worse. It has potential both to salvage this or completely derail into a trainwreck.

You know it's going to be a trainwreck.

and like a helpless bastard, i'm going to enjoy every single second of it with the gnarliest grimace known to man. I had to sit through AO with Yea Forums when it aired, I can live with these movies.

Attached: 17834019_p0_master1200.jpg (515x1200, 210K)

Why would you even care. It's a clipshow like the other godawful movies. They're legitimately terrible. The first 20 minutes of new footage were good, but what's the point?

The original show is actually incredible, but don't watch anything else. All the successive material is terrible; AO, the movies, etc. I don't know about the mangas though.

I already saw both movies so I'm in too deep. I need that last movie so I can just move on from this. Frankly, a clipshow would be the best option for 3 at this point. It would be a hell of a lot more tolerable than what HE2 was.

>move on
you're going to get roped back in with the rest of us in the next decade. There's no escape.

I only watch E7. What did the other seasons, movies, whatever do wrong?

AO already desecrated this franchise. BONES really has no idea what to do with it and just does something with every 7 to 8 years for some cash flow recycling footage to save as much money as possible.

When 3 drops, that's it for me. I've been burned by this franchise enough times already to know what would come if Kyoda resurrected this again which they will

Attached: Eureka Renton 5.jpg (1000x989, 111K)

and what if Kyoda isn't involved in the next and inevitable cycle?

bump

This.

You make me sad

Attached: 1450053077726.png (279x301, 134K)

The movies are the biggest fuck you I have ever seen for anything.

The first season is the only season that exists. Everything else is non-existant absolute garbage.

EUREKA PANTSU???

What i wonder is whether we will ever get a new good mecha original from Bones.
Captain Earth was kinda shit and there was nothing like it afterwards.

where are the anemone sub op?