A shounen series with a female protagonist can never reach Big 3 status because of misogyny in the anime/manga industry...

A shounen series with a female protagonist can never reach Big 3 status because of misogyny in the anime/manga industry and fanbase.

Discuss.
(Pic semi-related, but this is not a soul eater thread.)

Attached: 9BFA4720-13E6-43C9-9DAA-CDC54C7E35BD.png (721x727, 425K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20130803020503/http://contexts.org/discoveries/everyone-likes-to-read-about-men/
goodmenproject.com/newsroom/the-harriet-potter-effect-or-why-we-prefer-male-characters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're using the word misogyny wrong. You should fix this line of thinking before making another post ever.

>Muh soggy knee
>>>>r/anime

Attached: 1558596340647.png (800x700, 43K)

Soul eater is too good for the big 3 as long as you erase the final boss fight from your mind

You sound retarded. Care to explain yourself?

thread is shit, post cute makas instead

Attached: 1566858902107.jpg (1024x576, 47K)

>Phoneposter uses terms they don't understand
Wow, I am totally shocked.

Maka is sexy, but females shouldn't be protagonists imo

>dumb faggot who doesn’t understand a term accuses others of not understand the term
Wow.

Mostly because it's aimed at children and children prefer to self-insert a little.

Attached: weak_bait.jpg (625x626, 63K)

Neverland is getting big.

Are girls not children? And why can’t little boys self insert as a strong female character?

What's with all the Big 3 threads recently?

Attached: 69bde95e14348427ea175446b9fa9514.png (804x959, 223K)

How's act age doing? Also they'd use a female top tier waifu as a protagonist

I self inserted as sailor moon as a child and now i am a tranny

>thread is shit
Get out then.

Wano is sleeper arc. People are looking for the next OP.

That series just needs to get a reboot like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Fuck off tumblr

>now i am a tranny
Uh, sorry to hear that. I’m a cis guy but I related a lot to Maka, we have very similar personalities.

They'll never be a next OP.

>not knowing demographics
dumb makaposter

>Boys prefer stories with male protagonists
Shocking

>Big 3 status
Jesus Christ please kill yourself immediately

Fuck off /pol/ and/or Yea Forums.

>Big 3 status
That's not a thing you can achieve, the only big 3 were only ever the "original" big 3.

Big 3 was a marketing term for manga in WSJ and I think it was a western thing. Soul Eater wasn't even in WSJ which automatically disqualifies it from "big 3 status", not to mention that the big 3 isn't a changing thing. The big 3 will forever be OP, Bleach, and Naruto back when all three were running.

Obviously the big 3 won’t happen again, I meant a series achieving comparable popularity.
Also, reminder that this thread isn’t just about soul eater.

Shut up woman

Why would you even want it to be in the Big 3?
At any moment at least 2/3 of the series in that group are literal dogshit

>I meant a series achieving comparable popularity.
I don't think any series will, regardless of whether than main character is a man or a woman.

Where do you think you are?

Attached: 1338969539952.png (699x604, 185K)

Attached: otp.png (1024x577, 557K)

name one long running shounen that has a female protog
also promised neverland?

Soul Eater
Ranma 1/2

Leave Maka and Soul Eater out of your pseudo-political bullshit please.

Attached: 1783dcd32d08ce8dc14ba13c9fc90c6.jpg (804x959, 88K)

>why don't manga targeted at young boys pander to girls?

Attached: 1493310186862.png (1280x960, 995K)

Can someone explain to me why people here would rather have 30-some /pol/ boards than interesting thread topics?

Anime isn’t apolitical you stupid faggot.

Yea Forums hates women did you really think you could have this kind of discussion here?

SeriouslyWhy can’t little boys like female MCs.
For what it’s worth, I think they easily could if they weren’t taught that girls are weaker/inferior/less interesting.

>soul eater
the anime was big when it aired but it stopped so popularity died out?
>ranma
ancient

how do you expect anything to be as big as the big 3 were if theyre not still running

They can but especially with WSJ everything is planned to get the most return. The most return when looking at what is most popular is with male main characters, which does make sense because the reader base is young boys. Girls do read WSJ but if they wanted to read manga with female main characters they'd probably go read shoujo.

You just said long running series.

Most shounen MCs are young Japanese boys because Japanese kids like to self insert as characters and it's a lot harder to do if the character isn't the same gender or race.

Maka is a good MC because she is just a boy without tits.

>Maka but better
I'll stick with Fire Force.

Attached: uqfm9c8ttk831.jpg (815x1154, 140K)

How can you make this argument when it's also true that no manga with a male protagonist has reached Big 3 status since then either?

>without dick
My bad

Soul Eater was pretty much big 3 status at its point of popularity though. Then it went completely shit like Bleach for reasons that had nothing to do with GIRL POWER XD!

long running thats still making new chapters

>it's a lot harder to do if the character isn't the same gender or race.
But why is this. I don’t think this is inherently true, I think it’s because little boys are conditioned against relating to girl characters.

Soul Eater only went to shit in the anime.

Ok, not quite Big 3 level, but right now for example we have BnHA, Black Clover, and Kimetsu no Yaiba, all of which have become extremely popular.

Manga also became boring after baba yaga

>big 3 are only big because they run in shounen jump
>shounen jump is a manga aimed at young men
>surprised that manga with a girl MC wouldn't be a good fit for shounen jump
Kill yourself retard.

You might actually be autistic if you don't understand such a simple concept.

That's just what animefags tell themselves to help them sleep at night.

The entire book of eidon arc was pointless.

Listen you retard, boys and girls are physically and mentally different, they like different things and act in different ways, it should be obvious why a boy doesn't want to identify with a female character that acts feminine.

This was supposed to be a Maka thread retards. Impolite sage.

>A shounen series with a female protagonist can never reach Big 3
but Promised Neverland was "big 3" in the ~2 months between its anime boost kicking in and Kimetsu no Yaiba's anime starting

Being pointless doesn't make something bad. Not everything has to relate to some overarching plot, though I do recall them having a reason for it. I haven't read it in a while though so I can't remember the reason. Plus it gave us the genderswap arc which was cool.

Nah, Eibon arc was boring in general and the manga continued to deflate like a balloon.

>Shounen
>literally "boy's comic"
>wonder's why self-inserting boys wouldn't watch a female MC
Gee, OP, I wonder why.

I take it you've never actually taken care of little kids. Kids are inherently narcissistic because understanding the perspective of others is something that has to be learned. The more obvious differences a character has the less a little boy will try to relate. JoJo is a good example where suddenly every JoJo from Parts 3-6 needed to have Japanese blood in them. Stone Ocean was also unpopular (while you can make an argument it wasn't good, quality has literally never been a requisite for a battle shonen being popular).

Make it a Tamaki/Iris thread then.

Attached: fire_brigade_of_flames_71_11.jpg (1114x1600, 260K)

Misogyny is basically hating women. What does that have to do with soul eater or anime in general? You think people didn't like it just because there's a female lead? This statement is retarded, anyone who agrees with it is retarded and you are retarded.

Because women have no place as action heroes, period. Japan just happens to have a more realistic approach to this issue than the screeching dykes in the west that turn into little defenseless children literally begging for a male's protection when confronted with even a hint of real danger. Having said that, Japan's manga/anime has a long tradition of pandering to every possible demographics, so if you want to read a story about strong wymmin you should be able to find it easily. Other than that, I don't know why you feel entitled to have an entire industry and the artists behind conform to your delusional ideology.

>women have no place as action heroes, period.
And elementary, middle, and high school boys do?

web.archive.org/web/20130803020503/http://contexts.org/discoveries/everyone-likes-to-read-about-men/

goodmenproject.com/newsroom/the-harriet-potter-effect-or-why-we-prefer-male-characters/

I loved Card Captor Sakura as a kid. It has nothing to do with whether or not the protagonist is a female.
What kind of absolute retard doesn't understand by now that you can't just claim a causes b without evidence. You are a fucking complete imbecile, absolutely pathetic display of stupidity, go back to grade school.

>isn’t apolitical
It is,when it comes to western politics