Holy shit I hate every character in this

holy shit I hate every character in this

Attached: 250px-Ranma1-2.jpg (250x395, 41K)

Shit anime that people only like for muh nostalgia.

>hating based ryoga

Attached: 1417172676855.jpg (250x250, 56K)

But that's not Genma

>liking a literal retard

has there ever been a more cancerous cast of characters?

I don't hate every character, but I can't think of any other series with a more unlikable pair of protagonists than Ranma and Akane.

Huh? You even hate me?

Attached: happosai-12799.jpg (301x421, 19K)

Happosai and Shampoo are pretty shit but I'm fine with most of the other characters.

Attached: RanmaTraps2.png (396x320, 18K)

literally the worst

>start watching Ranma
>think he's a jerk at first
>as more characters get introduced realize that he can't even live in peace
>start feeling sorry for the poor lad who can't go a day without some random fag picking a fight or some psycho bitch trying to borderline rape him
The best thing Ranma could have done was fucking off to a remote land

I'm halfway through this right now. Some of the jokes are starting to get kind of old. I think Happosai is the only character I really dislike, though.
>mfw it's a "Ryoga runs away because muh Akane" episode or a "Happosai stealing underwear" episode

Kodachi's laugh makes me laugh every fucking time, though.

Realistically, you're probably right.

Attached: NaotaNotImpressed.jpg (720x480, 36K)

then you are a brainlet

Attached: Ukyo-Kuonji-best girl ever.jpg (1984x1484, 202K)

There should have been a story where Ranma gets fed up and leaves to elsewhere, only to find himself with an even worse cast of characters so he just returns home.

Rumiko did that in Maison Ikkoku, but in Ranma she could go more over the top with it due to the less realistic setting and cast.

Everything by Rumiko Takahashi is garbage except Urusei Yatsura, and that only gets a pass because it's like a Showa cultural artifact now.

After a certain point the anime goes way downhill. Though it has a few gem episodes every now and then.

Ucchan best forever

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. Is there any measurable progress with the relationship between Ranma and Akane, or is it just more of the same? It seems like they're closer now, but it took ninety fucking episodes to get some pretty minimal progress.

You're kind of supposed to. For all my love of the series, every character is kind of reprehensible in one way or another. Nobody is well-adjusted in it, and even the one seemingly the most well-adjusted (Kasumi) is a passive nobody without a will at best, or a psychopath masquerading as the demure Daddy caretaker at worst.

That depends on your point of view, really. The anime ended before the manga did so it never tells the whole story. The OAVs and movies pushed progress further than the tv series did, but took liberties with the story because they made it up as they went as the manga got outpaced.

>letting your dick think for you

Fucking drop dead, you disgusting toadrat.

>Kodachi's laugh
I used to find it grating when it aired. Now it's charming.
Based Ukyo-niichan telling it like it is.

That's kind've the point. It's like South Park or Family Guy. A lot of the humor derives from the sheer mean spirited tone of it all.

Happosai was the worst idea in the history of Rumiko Takahashis entire career

He wasn't that bad in the manga when he acted as a an antagonist or just had a couple of side stories
The anime made it much worse because they decided to focus entire episodes on him

Jeez. I hated him in the manga. If he's really worse in the anime that's something.

lol I thought you were referring to the anime
If you hate him in the manga then stay away from the anime because he's 10x worse there

>Shampoo
>shit

No u.

Attached: Shampoo's_battle_outfit_-_anime.png (641x480, 570K)

Oreimo

Best girl

Her constantly appearing from nowhere with her bike was pretty funny though.

>this warranted a thread

OP got lost. It happens.

Attached: tumblr_pay6y7po1L1v7mdv3o1_500.gif (500x375, 1.69M)

Eh, it's mostly Deen rather than her.

Doesn't he molest Ranma-chan in the manga?

A lot. He'll appear and splash him with water then fondle him. Ranma even takes her shirt off a few times to distract him for various reasons.

Attached: RanmaSanta.png (677x188, 67K)

They are pretty okay when apart. Only when together do they bring out the worst in each other. Yeah relationship development could have occurred where substantial changes could have occurred but then you get "Futaba-kun change" where the main relationship conflict is solved and you have nothing left because you already covered every possible plot you could devise with your setting. Maybe a whole "they split apart, but after dating others they come back at the end to give the relationship another go" angle woudl have worked.

Attached: 1503195022918.gif (446x270, 1.07M)

Come to think of it, all Rumiko's main guy/girl duo are pretty unlikable.

The only thing good about him is the catharsis I felt every time he was punted into the sun.

Rinne's was great.

Can't spell Shampoo without the "sham" nor the "poo".

He’s the worst damn part

this, somehow everyone is a cunt

Inuyasha is better anyway

>Inuyasha is better anyway
Fuck no