JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood 2004 Pilot

Full Video for the 2004 Tokyo Anime International Festival’s Phantom Blood Pilot has been uploaded: youtube.com/watch?v=l5KOWKVTIeA&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=ojGM3T_ZaFBwdxZ_:6 discuss.

Attached: 3DFFC717-153F-43F3-BA0A-507E52BFD8AD.jpg (437x460, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K4vJjYLcVZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=qtoCIJTA1s0
nyaa.si/?f=0&c=4_0&q=jojo&s=seeders&o=desc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My nigga

Attached: NTR-Negro.jpg (1424x1080, 382K)

Nice Find

Holy shit it looks awesome

Sweet

OP, you are a god among men

Attached: good thing.jpg (497x404, 134K)

I'm the guy who obtained and uploaded this pilot. Feel free to ask me anything about it or the movie, I'm something of an expert.

amazing

Attached: 1567060423649.png (226x240, 100K)

Is there any evidence copies of the movie exist beyond the medium that was used at the infamous first screening? Or have they all been destroyed?

were you the guy who obtained and uploaded this pilot?

Why is it called a pilot? It was a standalone movie. Unless somewhere has said that this studio (that was the same studio that made the part 3 OVA I think) was planning on making more Jojo related things if the movie was popular.

1000x better. Just like the SC OVA, EXCEPT voice acting.

how close are we from getting the full movie?

test animation to entice the audience what to expect from the studio. none of that footage exists in the final film.

It was a Pilot to announce that they were making the 2007 film.

did you broke into Araki's dungeon to get this?

Oh, I haven't bothered clicking on any of the links. So this isn't the actual full movie.

Also, has anyone else noticed that A.P.P.P made a JoJo project every 7 years? 1993 -> 2000 -> 2007. Most likely so that they didn’t lose the animated license

It's a pilot/trailer for the movie that was considered along with the movie to be lost media after Araki lost his shit when he saw the finished product.

>after Araki lost his shit when he saw the finished product.
Citation needed

>after Araki lost his shit when he saw the finished product
Isn't that just a dumb rumor?

Do we know who specifically worked on this pilot, such as any key animators or the director? There's some Japanese text at the beginning so I assume answers to my question lie there?

Wow

youtube.com/watch?v=K4vJjYLcVZ0

From my understanding it's pretty well known - perhaps can confirm - but I think that the only explanation for it not coming out is that one, with Araki (presumably) using a buyout clause from the license contract to prevent release.

The problem with the movies was that one of the main producers died and the family withdrew support from the project
and with the pretty mediocre reception on the first screening I guess they didn't bother to release the movie on dvd

>people comparing movies and TV series again
Yawn

It being "pretty well known" isn't a source.

How much do you think a reel of the original 2007 movie would go for

>last train home

Attached: 1438320100349.png (306x290, 6K)

That wouldn't make economic sense - in 2007, it would have been cheap enough to manufacture the DVDs (not even Blu-Rays for crying out loud) and risk only selling 40% then bite the loss. Artistic differences must have played a significant part, as otherwise no company would willingly waste so much investment. Hence the suggestion here that Araki wanted to protect the brand.
Well you try finding a source for a 12 year old event in moonrunes. I'm simply saying that 1. it makes the most logical sense, and 2. prevailing opinion has been that it was the case. I choose to believe that there is a nugget of truth in those rumours. Also that's why I'm hopping the new namefag could chip in because he would be able to hopefully add some weight either way.

It's an unsubstantiated rumor like "Araki was forced to sex-change Anasui because the editors hate lesbians".

>he looks like Kenshiro

Attached: 1563849963462.png (480x480, 148K)

How does it make logical sense? Araki was perfectly fine with the Part 3 OVAs, but suddenly hates the Phantom Blood movie so much he bans it? This is "my dad works at Nintendo" level bullshit.

>prevailing opinion has been that it was the case
Probably because of people like you who consider to spread false information with no proof.

Just because it's "well known" doesn't mean it isn't just a bullshit rumor. It's nothing more than that. There's no known account of Araki expressing a negative opinion on the movie. The closest clue we have about the film never being released on home video is the fact that A.P.P.P. had to pull the Jojo OVAs out of print due to controversy over religious imagery shortly after the film's theatrical run. A.P.P.P. losing the Jojo property before they can distribute the movie on home video is a lot more realistic of an idea than Araki not liking the film and having enough say in the matter to undermine all of the work put into it and practically erase it from existence.

Don't strawman - it's not "the editors hate lesbians" but rather that JoJo was still in Jump at the time and /u/ wouldn't be appropriate.
Considering if you bothered to follow the link the new stuff adds weight to the suggestion because it confirms characters Araki loves such as Speedwagon were entirely cut from the movie. "Dad works at Nintendo" my arse, is any sort of inductive reasoning a step too far?
You can't find proof either way, but as I've argued, the whole thing makes much more sense if it's true. It's not an unreasonable rumour and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. Why else would the studio take such a loss when they have a mostly finished film for a major franchise? "loosing funding" makes less sense than this because if money was the concern, it would have been a sounder investment to finish it and try and make some of it back. The official story is just saving face - would it really be appropriate for the two parties to publicly fling shit at each other, or rather would they settle privately?

>It's not an unreasonable rumour and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.
All rumors should be dismissed, they're fucking rumors.

Bitching

Attached: 8F7E6D8C-8056-461B-B87C-79023A8B8384.png (600x860, 827K)

>characters Araki loves such as Speedwagon
Yikes, more false things being spread

I don't even believe that Araki cares about Speedwagon that much. This sounds more like people projecting their own meme-obsession of Speedwagon on to Araki when he didn't say anything about it.

Do we even really know if speedwagon was actually absent from the movie?

>Araki canceled the Phantom Blood movie because of how bad it was!
>meanwhile pic related exists

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 218K)

>meanwhile the anime exists

Probably because the same Animators worked on the Fist of the Blue Sky anime from the previous year

they likely came from Yea Forums where everytime someone claims they know who the next smash bros character is they won't shut up about it

He was, we have seen multiple Japanese blogs from the dates of Feb 2007 to May 2007 (when the movie was in cinemas) saying Speedwagon was omitted

>Meanwhile Eyes of Heaven exists

Then how can you account for it being erased from existence? Surely the studio, having sunk so much cost into the project, could have secured a license extension? Araki could have, as suggested, have had a "buy-out" clause in the contract
That's a rather categorical statement.
I'm not, again, I'm going off what I recall - that he's expressed that view in interviews. Yes, if I had time I would source them but I'm just trying to have a discussion on why the film wasn't released - (you) lot seem quite keen to dismiss any suggestion of it being true despite your own lack of evidence. My entire argument is that it simply doesn't make sense that the movie was pulled "only" because of economic reasons or the directors death. There must have been something else, as studios weather stuff like that all the time - hence the narrative if creative differences sinking it. I'm not spending hours looking for the interview, even if you disagree could you at least accept that removing a main member of the cast entirely might annoy the creator?

>meanwhile jojo exists

>Jorge Joestar exists

>Meanwhile All Star Battle exists

>the battle royale game exists

>meanwhile part 5 and 8 exists.

Despite my own lack of evidence? I'm not the one making any claim. I'm only pointing out that you have no proof for your claim.

>dude I heard it in an interview, source my anus
Fuck off.

>JoJo Battle Royale
>No HolHorse

>jojo characters in j-stars and jump force exist

They fucking ruined Yukako.
This. EoH sucks.

Shut the fuck up ASB was kino.

>Araki canceled the Phantom Blood movie because of how bad it was!
Do they remove characters in that one also?

Considering the fact that A.P.P.P. has done nothing since the Phantom Blood movie came out besides subcontractor work, I doubt they were in a good enough of a position to secure a license extension. Besides, if they already sunk so much cost into the project, why would they spend even more money on a film that wasn't performing well?

If you knew anything about Araki you would realize how insane this theory sounds. He's not the type of guy who would throw a temper tantrum because an adaptation that he would have had to have approved of in the first place changed some things.

You mean a bad fighter with poor fan service?

Akira

It removed Akira.

That's terrible.

>bad fighter
Yes.
>poor fan service
You'd have to be stupid to believe that.

And I'm pointing out that you're extremely closed minded to dismiss it. I'm asking WHY certain choices were made, WHAT could explain them, and therefore HOW the pr version of events doesn't make sense. It's extremely difficult to source, and I understand it's not a commanding argument and you will clearly now not be convinced, but can you at least see how it is somewhat plausible? This isn't counter-factual, it's merely questioning and probing a long-standing rumor. As much as you disagree with that rumor, I'm trying to show how there might be some truth in it considering how much more it makes sense if the narrative is accepted. Can you explain why the movie was so thoroughly scrubbed from existence? Because if you can't can you see why this might have some merit for being able to do so?
You're clearly just a shitposter, tell me, have you kept neat links to everything you have consumed while browsing Yea Forums? It should be easy for you because it seems as though you've only been here for a year tops.
That's actually the kind of rebuttal I was looking for. I accept that, however settling and saving face as I suggested might have been acceptable for him in order to preserve the brand.

I guess the idea was that they wanted to make another movie and get right to the Kira plot, so Keicho was killed by Sheer Heart Attack instead of RHCP.

Tiny Studio (A.P.P.P) ≠ Warner Bros.

>I'm asking WHY certain choices were made
nobody knows you nigger, that's the thing, sensible people aren't going to fuel nonsense gossip

The film was screened for like 3 months. It definitely exists in studio archives and probably is lingering around somewhere as theatres rarely properly dispose of all the copies.

I have one lead I'm following. With any luck I'll find it. If anyone else here finds a lead,

It isn't closed minded to dismiss baseless rumors. You didn't even present it as a possibility either, you stated it as a fact.

Didn't mean to overlook you and ignore your argument. Fair. DVD sales would be passive income though, you already had the finished product, and a cut to the estate could have been negotiated.
Are you illiterate?
Thanks, so there is still hope. 20-run arcade machines have been found in Japan from the 80s before so stranger things have occurred. God's speed.

I have a lead i'm following but it's a long shot. If anyone else has leads on it, I hope they'll contact me on the Phantom Blood Archives discord server (where we do all our work)

>They fucking ruined Yukako.
What's there to ruin?

I lucked out and found it on a DVD-RW on ebay. It used to be owned by someone from Super Techno Arts, the company that dubbed the OVA.

Her hair.

It was probably just a case of a lethargic production pace, given the PB movie was in pre-production for over 2 years before they actually began production proper.

Junichi Hayama, director and character designer for the final film, did character design on it at least. I forget who else worked on it, but the japanese text are credits for them.

It really is just a rumour. My own theory is the movie's lack of success at the box office led to a rift between shueisha/luckyland and Klock Workz, the distributor. The OVA and Movie sites stayed up until the 2008 quran controversy, but Klock purged all JoJo mentions from their website in December 2007. My theory is that they never found a new distributor in time before the controversy lost APPP the licence and Shueisha/Luckyland wanted to bury the APPP adaptations as a result.

The producer death is also a rumour, we have no confirmation that it ever happened.

Thank you, considering , was it really just smooth sailing until a bad box office then what you described?

Most of the people who like to shit on this movie for not having Speedwagon don't give a single fuck about the part except for the Dio, Speedwagon, and Dire memes to be honest. It's headache-inducing for sure.

Yeah, there's no VA credited to him, no character sheets, no screenshots, and blogs of those who saw it noted his absence.

I've done a lot of research on this movie and never once found a source. The director was interviewed once about it though, and said he didn't know, but guessed that it might have been because the film didn't do well at the box office. He said he felt a DVD could still be possible (this was before the anime came out though)

This movie was fucking awesome, and 90% of the people who complain about it haven't seen it. It's a labor of love, not a cash-grab, and the trailers don't do it justice. The casting is great, and Bad Company was the coolest shit ever.

He was actually surprised anyone would bother to animate part 1 at all, according to transcripts of the event for the ps2 game he attended, where the film's first trailer was unveiled.

Well, we got to ask the composer some questions. He said the movie was kinda behind schedule, but nothing unusual for the industry.

Holy shit this is fucking gold. I wonder if someday we'll finally be able to see the full movie and see if it's actually good or trash.

I'm hopeful we'll be able to see it simply for the scenes it adapted that the manga didn't. That'd be excellent to see.

*That the anime didn't, excuse my stupidity

Which scenes?

Thanks for answering questions here, Mango. A lot of this stuff is very interesting, especially this Araki comes off as a really humble person to me.

Yeah. I loved the anime but the omission of the aztec ritual at the start always bugged me out and the animation in itself is pretty lacking so seeing it in motion would be great even if the film itself isn't good.

At least we have this
youtube.com/watch?v=qtoCIJTA1s0

Dio breaking Jonathan's watch.
Jonathan going up to his room and eating chocolate (Scene is altered so instead of noticing and eating chocolate after he lies down, he instead finds a needle in his pillow and gets cut on it)
Wang Chan fighting Zepelli & Jonathan

Those are the confirmed ones so far.

The ritual might be in the film, but it's definitely not in the beginning. A character sheet for the sacrifice victim exists, but if it was used for the final film is unknown. My guess is it might have been a flashback when George talks about the stone mask.

APPP did animate the ritual once though, for the 1993 OVA opening. It's really cool.

Oh shit I forgot to mention there's another scene the movie had, which is Dio taking the mask off the wall out of curiosity, and being told by George about where he got it, and that he hangs it on the wall in lieu of a picture of his late wife.

im going to trust you user, should i watch it ?

Was that opening scene in the original OVA that started when they meet Iggy or was it only added for the second release which started with Jotaro in jail?

>speedwagon so useless that he is completely removed

Attached: 1564890861425.png (360x360, 183K)

I think it was the original. The second release opening was a scene of Jonathan and Dio on the exploding ship.

I love this art style so fucking much, why couldn't the tv series look more like it?

It's probably expensive

if by "pretty well known" you mean a common misnomer

Because it's a TV series and not a movie

Holy shit. How did Araki not like this? It's unbelievable that a movie with the quality of an 80s OVA was made in 2004.

Attached: 55E8ADB1-2543-4ABE-8424-942DA4CCB688.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

Yeah it's a shit adaptation trying to fit a story too long for the format into a small amount of time with only animation quality going for it like most 80s OVAs.

good luck man

>discord server
Mind posting a link/code? I'm kinda interested now.

dumb frogposter

That's not the actual movie. The movie was released in 2007 and looks somewhat different.

i unironically like how it looks, but i can't find anywhere that lets me watch it

Attached: 1564206256217.jpg (479x558, 65K)

Retarded frogposter

nyaa

Makes you realize how fucking bad DP's Phantom Blood was. And I'm not just talking about character designs and animation. The actual directing was shit. They sucked the tension and pacing out of every goddamn scene.

it doesn't have subs

I recall downloading the film with subs a while ago. I thought the Jojo's Colored Adventure guys subbed it, or at least spread a link around? They might've taken it down because of the fact they announced it was coming to the West on DVD or something

It was to announce the full PB movie but they also had concept art for a Battle Tendency movie at some stage.

fuck

That's just a rumor. The only APPP Battle Tendency content that we know exists are some storyboards that apparently came with the OVA's to summarize the series before Part 3

Budget and not fitting with the tone of the DP anime

Fair enough, it's been a while since I looked into it.

nyaa.si/?f=0&c=4_0&q=jojo&s=seeders&o=desc

oh i searched for live action instead of diamond is unbreakable, thanks

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

There he is!

This actually looks more closer to the 2012 anime than the 2007 movie did.

I don't see how but it is your opinion m8.

You can find it linked on the YouTube video up top, or on RedMango’s channel

I do kinda wonder at what point between this trailer and the final movie that they decided "You know what? Fuck that guy" and removed him.

Probably when they really got down to scripting, pacing, and editing the plot structure. Its not like Speedwagon really matters in Part 1 and that let them save money on VAs and animation.

It does kinda fuck some shit up for early part 2, assuming they actually thought they were gonna get that far.

Rumors float around that the movie was supposed to get a sequel, as the end of the film nods to Battle Tendency, like the 2012 anime did. Even it was to happen the studio shut down shortly after Phantom Blood’s release.

I mean he could either be replaced with an old family friend - some other noble family that is indebted to the Joestars, a close friend of Erina's but not Johnathan's, or just switched around into working with Joseph due to Joseph's actions not because of his connection to Johnathan.

stop spreading this stupid rumor like it's fact.

Attached: 14156457_1176512579087067_1436226567_n.jpg (480x323, 43K)

>jonathan so useless he died

Attached: DF10ABC3-742C-4F84-B714-F37CF414299B.jpg (400x329, 23K)

is correct

That could have worked, but it is still a rewrite that they wouldn't need to do if they had just kept him in the first place.

Still, it's kind of a moot point anyway. The movie bombed and any plans for a sequel if is right got killed when the studio shut down.

>rumors
They were definitely planning it; I think someone found storyboards with the Pillar Men.

>Jojo looks like Kenshiro
>doesn't seem to be a goody two shoes but more like a badass (at least for the 2 mins)
>no bright colors but more of a dark Victorian action/horror film
>smoother animation

If only they had adapted it as a series.But yeah that's a based from me.

Attached: 1543700989084.png (408x408, 326K)

How protective is Araki of his brand in general? Say an anime studio wanted to make something based on one of the parts or whatever but go their own way with the plot etc. , is he cool with stuff like that or is David Pro the only studio he approved out of bunch because they're doing essentially a 1:1 adaptations of his manga?

Well he let the OVAs happen

Shit like Eyes of Heaven and Jorge Joestar are allowed. Its kinda obvious that Araki isn't very protective of the JoJo brand, or if he is, that he doesn't have very much control over it.

I just caught up on Jojolion. It's still totally unclear what the ultimate conflict of the story will be. I don't get the shitposting about Joubin. He doesn't even have an 'Act 2' he just showed he can do an extremely lame version of Killer Queen's bomb which we already saw during Ozone Baby.

Attached: fish sausages.png (333x268, 74K)

So why the fuck were 2 direct to dvd ovas from part 3 and a lost movie the only anime adaptations the series got for such a long time?

89 years old is the conflict.

Licensing is a much bigger deal for anime than manga, especially when for a long time anime was more likely to make it to the West than manga ever would.
Other than that I couldn't really tell you to be honest, it is a definite oddity.

I wish you luck my friend

Attached: CAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.gif (278x193, 71K)

shut up, the actress is gorgeous

>Video gets millions of view
>They decide to release the full movie
>It's a huge success
>They also decide to make Battle Tendency movie
>Pillar Kenshiros
Just imagine

Attached: 286185.jpg (225x350, 40K)

>dio showing his fangs
MY PEEPEE HARD
WHY IS IT HARD

Attached: horny grip.jpg (540x346, 37K)

J-Star was good and Kenshiro+Support Jonathan was the perfect and most overpowered combo. Jump force is the ultimate trash but at least DIO is officially the strongest character.

ANTONIO TORRES THE ZOMBIFIED FORESKIN

I'm liking that 90s aesthetic. The whole pacing makes it feel like a trailer for one of those big summer blockbuster action movies.

Attached: PhantomBlood.png (1600x1600, 1.46M)

Those turned out to be just storyboard pencil sketches made for the North American OVA DVDs, where they were used to help illustrate a recap of parts 1 and 2. It is possible they planned more, as when one actor goofed off at a promo event someone joked "Behave or you won't get in future parts!". Given that the actor in question played Dario Brando though, it was probably mostly a joke. They probably did plan to make a sequel if it did well though, for sure. But I don't think it did well enough for them to start planning a sequel right away.

Both statements are untrue. The rumour of it teasing BT emerged only many years after it left theatres, and there are no model sheets or VA credits for Joseph or any other part 2 characters. As for the latter statement, APPP is still kicking around today, but they only do subcontract work.

.I think they were probably told by the producers that they were hard-limited to 90 minutes. In the programme booklet handed out to those who saw the movie, the director's comments note they almost had to cut Zeppeli punching the frog

>tell the entire story of Phantom Blood in the time equivalent of three episodes
I'd love to see this narrative train wreck

Part of it to me is it feels like they were so obsessed with slavishly, panel-for-panel adapting the manga that they never really stopped to think about what they'd have to change to make it work better in animation.

The code is AFCV8Z, (Yea Forums won't let me post it within the link cuz it looks like 'spam')
Thank you for your interest. I'm always glad to provide links.

From all I've seen, it looks like they did an admirable job. The main issue is it has a bit of a hitch where if you haven't read the manga, you may not understand where certain characters went. For example, Erina's disappearance is unexplained, and the movie doesn't clarify what Dio and Jonathan's relationship was like in the 7 years the story skips over.

To be fair, Part 4 is Araki's favorite part, despite Japan isn't fond of it. Maybe that was a big factor on why the movie bombed on the box office. When they hear JoJo, nip normies want to see Jotaro fighting DIO or maybe Giorno and the gangstars fighting La Squadra but Part 4 doesn't have the nostalgia factor. The hardcore fans that post memes on 2ch were already alienated since the first teaser so the only audience left was Kento Yamazaki's hardcore fangirls. They were the only audience in Japanese theaters watching the movie

Attached: JBA_v45_000a.jpg (437x761, 160K)

It looks so damn good. I think I like it more than what we got.
Always loved this.

Funny because I feel nostalgic whenever i remember part 4, anime or manga. It was really comfy.

>best Jojo
>best Jojo stand
>best villain
>best plotting
>best finale
Why do people hate this one again...?

Attached: Volume_80.jpg (801x1200, 1.21M)

You're the hardcore audience, and even worse, a fucking weeaboo. Your opinion is worthless

>best Jojo
>best Zepelli
>best villain
>best plotting
>best finale
Why do people hate this one again...?

Attached: JojoVolume1.jpg (1548x2066, 1.38M)

Part 6 is what Part 5 should have been

Because people are gay

Majority of jojo fans are women/gay and hate seeing women

Or maybe they just thought it looked kinda tacky with real people.

This is the same audience that make Gintama into a massive hit. I don't think they care. Remember that Japanese cinema evolved from Japanese theater and had its own trajectory so they can accept artificiality on cinema while burgers are always looking for hyperrealism

Being a fan of victorian, gothic horror-esque settings it only makes part 1 just that much more enjoyable to me. I'll always defend it.

I don't understand Japanese audiences.

It's not japanese audiences that are weird, it's the hollywood indoctrinated ones. I mean they can still have shit-taste but getting stuff like martial arts movies or tokusatsu, or the way actors ham it up, is simply a matter of being able to understand things outside of basic bitch continuity-editing style.

It also has nothing to do with hyperrealism, since Hollywood style is as "unrealistic" as any other mainstream style, just in a way that you're more attuned to. If you want realism go look for cinema verite, or fellini, or the kinoks, not Spielberg or some shit

Jonathan is the best Joestar, but by God does he look like a fag on this cover image.

I wasn't saying that they're weird or even that I like hyperrealistic cinema, just admitting that I don't understand them.

He was pretty much a fag with random nonsequitur spurts of badassery until he learned hamon and became a full-time Kenshiro spoof

he’s a kid

>I don't understand Japanese audiences.
I feel you lad.

Attached: 1473128589678.png (756x734, 44K)

He's twelve.

Would you be willing to upload both the raw and restored version in like a google drive or mega folder so it doesn't have youtube compression

Would you be willing to upload both the raw and restored version in like a google drive or mega folder so it doesn't have youtube compression""
banned on Yea Forums rn and can't do it on my end

good work hombré.
some of those shots were pretty cool.

>comfy
when will you faggots realize no one wants that shit in a shonen

Thanks. There have been a few fuckheads (namely on youtube) who are complaining regardless of what I've uploaded, so it's always great to see appreciation.

If you check the description, it links to a comparison video Notelu (dude who restored the pilot), did, and in that description he links to the raw files for both on mega. Enjoy!

>complaining
about literally what?
They don't have a single thing to complain about.

How the fuck were there not a single screener in 3 months of that thing existing? even if you say a fan wouldn't even if you say it's Japan and the Japanese people wouldn't I refuse to believe there wasn't ONE (1) person that didn't get a camera in there.

Trust me, I'm as fucking confused about that as you. I personally believe bootlegs exist, but nobody uploaded it online due to copyright strictness in Japan and all. Hopefully it'll turn up in the tape trading / convention scenes some day or something.

"I thought this was going to be 2 hrs 30 minutes not 2 minutes 30 seconds how dare you mislead me"
"How dare you not have uploaded this immediately you didn't even make this pilot you have no right to do this"
etc etc, some people will always find a way to be an asshole

chances are some literal who is scalping his super rare recording on conventions at an absurd price

Do we have ANYTHING at all from the actual movie? I thought I remembered hearing that there was some music used in it that's out there, but I don't remember what.

Nice find OP

Attached: Stalin.jpg (352x367, 40K)

>despite Japan isn't fond of it
it's like the second most popular part in japnland, stop taking things out of your ass

Two trailers, one 40 seconds long, one 1:40 long. The end credits theme, Voodoo Kingdom, is easily available.

There are also the first 16 minutes of the movie on youtube that are sourced from the workprint the composer used to finalize the score. It was given with music attached to a university in california for sound design assigments (the composer was american) and one student uploaded their project. The music is the real deal but the sound effects in those 16 minutes are not.

bump

Are you sure? the way I remember it the music wasnt the intended one.

The DP anime is so fucking ugly but at least the soundtrack and voice acting is good
A lot of people shit on the OVA and this but it looks a million times better, and it's expected that they will change things