ITT: Characters who go fucked over by bad adaptations and shitty memes

Attached: Emiya_shiro.png (801x887, 842K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Kirito-sword-art-online-31698905-1280-720.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Been planning to read SAO for a while and I've been hearing he's not as bad as people make him out to be in the LN's. How true is that?

Attached: 135711717132.jpg (299x168, 8K)

Since i cant imagine shirou being good i guess hes a prime candidate. How is he better in the source material?

Hates alarm clocks.
Seriously though, without his internal dialogue, you lose a lot of his character.

His character design alone looks boring

Meh, I pretty sure they're the same

It's a really great chuunige that got fucked by an abysmal anime. What's more, it goes out of its way to appear much edgier than it actually is, so normalfags get triggered by the Nazi stuff and miss a VN that's 99.99% not Nazi.

Attached: Doki_doki_Dies_Irae_club.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

dumb secondary

His inner thoughts aren't displayed in the anime.

The entire cast of Tsukihime because of the botched anime adaptation. I would hope a reboot gets released based upon the manga adaptation but there are scenes that would get cut out to appease normies such as Shiki briefly losing his self-control in the alley with Arcueid or a threat he makes to Ciel in his bedroom.

Attached: 03FFC20D-C9B2-4CE2-A89A-06C0913624F1.jpg (989x749, 341K)

>botched anime adaptation
how can something that doesn't exist be botched? I don't get it

Attached: 1563640638439.png (100x100, 2K)

My waifu, who I'm not going to name because I don't want to increase her suffering.

Did we play the same visual novel? Shirou is an annoying sexist moron in all three routes.

The first one is true in fate and most of his sexist moments in it are explained as him making excuses for Saber not to fight after seeing her get hurt for him with exacerbated his autism. The Ayako and batting cage shit, though, I'm not even gonna try to defend.

As a lot of anons already said, he gets the benefit of his internal dialogue and a number of key scenes that really do the job of fleshing him out as a character and explaining his behavior.

Just one of the little examples because I couldn't find a better one.
You understand him infinitely better in the visual novel medium. You don't have to agree on the stupid shit he does, but you get a good grasp on his intentions and how broken he is.
This example is one of the parts in the VN where he expresses clear survivor's guilt, while in the anime this is only portrayed as an actually alright but really damn short scene.

Attached: 1430828623917.png (800x1200, 97K)

Nah I’ve played the VN and he’s still shit there

Also this guy. Recently finished the novels and had a friend summarize some bits of Volume 5 and holy shit him and the entire cast of Apocrypha were done dirty.

Attached: c6d1f9782025617cf2590597bd3b9035vcads.jpg (453x793, 85K)

This. I do like in UBW when they give him those thousand-yard long stares and that scene after Illya's death where he completely drops the facade of normalcy and we really see how broken he is underneath is done really well, but the way the visual novel goes into just how deep his idiosyncrasies run.

We don't talk about that which must not be named here.

My delusional dream is literally anything new with Ciel in the spotlight, but I figure that's essentially impossible after nearly twenty years of curry jokes.

Attached: __ciel_tsukihime_drawn_by_angeldust__5f1e91b4d809e6f5eda280265b5deb85.jpg (554x800, 108K)

I know that feel, bro. I just want senpai to get the love she deserves.

NOTHING SHALL THREATEN EREN x MIKASA
>t. Araki

Attached: 1567811975597.png (500x535, 156K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Fate/Bad End series when? I'd love to watch the many ways Shirou gets murdered in the VN.

They're better written than the Battles themselves. Nasu should focus more on Horror stories.

Attached: Shredded.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

There are some really fun bad ends

Attached: Rin_good_end.jpg (800x3404, 464K)

Attached: ryo.jpg (1280x1280, 302K)

Every single character from F/SN

Very much this. He's not shallow shit any more, but deep shit is arguably worse.

Alright, I'm willing to listen to your argument on how VN Shirou is shit. Go ahead.

Shirou (and Archer) represent a modern hero while Gilgamesh is an ancient hero in the old school sense of "DOES GREAT THINGS" and he’s chaotic good even though he feeds off of limbless skinless orphans and tells arturia he will rape her. Essentially a pre-Christian, warrior society conception of a hero rather than a jesusesque guy willing to die to save people (like Shirou).

Gil clearly explains that too much of a thing is bad. Too many humans. Gil mentioned how he couldn't find 1 useless person to kill when he was king, but now there's too many of useless NEETS. Too many people making a living doing useless shit like making ahegaos or playing games on twitch. Too many people enjoying luxuries in excess. Even the improvements are mostly in making people happy/comfy. Life too easy with "too many humans living the life of kings". Humans aren't growing or evolving.

In a way, Gil is trying to improve humanity by forcing them to fight for survival, removing the filth/weak, and therefore pushing humanity forward. Even if it's 1 in 100,000-500,000, it will be the strong and exceptional like Shirou who suvived. Those that survive will be the best and humanity will continue to struggle and evolve/grow again. Especially important since Notes already shows how the bleak future where humans fucked everything up and the other types are called in to wipe out the remaining humans.

The point was that UBW can't allow Shirou to compete with a Servant who has mastered his weapon, which Gil hasn't. Gil was trying to cuck Shirou the self-insert. Of course this makes him the "bad guy".

there are many things shiro is but of them self-insert isn't one

I'm not the "muh internal monologues" type of person, but I think they should have includes this one during the bus ride after the date. But apart from that, I think they did alright job on portraying his character, especially the scene this user mentioned

user you'd have to be really fucked up to want to self insert as that poor, broken bastard.

>Shirou the self-insert
when will this shitty meme die?

>I'm not the "muh internal monologues" type of person, but I think they should have includes this one during the bus ride after the date. But apart from that, I think they did alright job on portraying his character, especially the scene this user mentioned

Why does the UBW anime get so much hate?

I think this meme really was popularized by the 2006 anime. It didn't put shirou in the best light

>I think this meme really was popularized by the 2006 anime. It didn't put shirou in the best light

I'm pretty sure "muh fate zero is fate stay night but actualy mature" and self-insert meme are only limited to the American fandom.

Some autists think that anime adaptations should be 1:1 to the source material, including all inner thoughts and shit like that. Ufo UBW wasn't perfect, but it still was pretty good.

ubw is where shirou’s literal future self tells him that trying to uphold kiritsugu’s legacy was a mistake and it missed out on so many opportunities to give rin some proper character depth by making her question the ideals she inherited from her father along with shirou. rin and shirou’s upbringing by and idolisation of their respective fathers is brought up in the route but terribly little is done in terms of actually drawing parallels between the two because fate for some reason insists on never actually acknowledging that rin has a huge pile of emotional issues. ubw is the only route where rin actually finds out that kirei killed her father - again, the man whose legacy she spent the past 10 years attempting to uphold and which is the direct cause for the vast majority of her emotional problems - and we’re given absolutely nothing in terms of what she actually feels about that and how she copes with the knowledge that her guardian for the past 10 years murdered her father beyond that initial outburst.

properly paralleling the way rin and shirou both stubbornly take pride in following up on their fathers’ legacy in ubw would also make the shift in rin’s character in heaven’s feel have a greater impact because in hf route both rin and shirou decide to discard the ideals of their dead parents for sakura’s sake, not to mention making rin’s character in heaven’s feel far more sympathetic because we’ve been properly shown just how hugely important living up to her father is to her which makes her cold attitude towards sakura more understandable and feel less like simply a dick move on her part

The question was why Shirou is a bad character, that doesn't really relate or answer anything.

And Shirou isn't a self-insert character. He's bland but he's far too competent and his motives are far too complex for a self-insert character to have.

You only self-insert at the cool parts and ignore the rest.

Idiots ignoring the parts of his character they dont want to touch doesnt make him a self insert character, if he was then he wouldnt have them in the first place. Thats like saying Shinji is a self insert if you take away everything but his giant robot.

That's the thing. When they want to self-insert they don't care about the rest of the character, they only care about the cool parts ie power level, some cool speeches, legendary bloodline and such. That's why there are a lot of Naruto/HP crossover fanfics but almost none of them actually have them as the characters.

Shirou is based and redpilled. Get fucked with your stupid SJW tier complaint.

>unironically using ess-jei-dabelyoo outside of /pol/ and Reddit
You must be at least 18 to post here.

>thinking they only exist ironically
How long have you been away from reality?

Spotted the triggered SJW

Where do you think you are?
We only live in the 2D world, user.

Attached: 1391764978132.gif (640x360, 243K)

secondary niggers don't deserve Shirou

That's only a defense of Gilgamesh; that doesn't explain why you think VN Shirou is a bad character

shirou is shit no matter what you dumb faggot

>How long have you been away from reality?
t. pepe freak who views the world through right-wing YouTube.
I'm almost done with my undergraduate degree. I've yet to see a single ez-jew-daebluuu. I used to be like you until I actually had to go outside and live life.

His powerlevel is too high.

Attached: based Shirou.jpg (1306x647, 515K)

Shitty memes and some bad adaptions sure, but ufo UBW wasn't completely bad in showcasing his character.
Here are some examples:
>ayako asking why he never cracks a smile leads to him to immediately get flashbacks to the fire and dead corpses
>shirou being completely calm (Due to experiencing far worse at a younger age) while rin is disturbed when they see their fellow students lying on the ground - alive but unmoving
>protects rin with his arm and then going off to stop rider since he doesn't want anyone to die despite being in terrible shape and having low odds
>shirou having a complete mental breakdown - literally clawing at the ground- while being restrained by rin because he wants to save illya despite having no chance of success
>rin confronting shirou afterwards and the utter look of derangement and insanity on his face and gestures making even her take a step back
>all his fake smiles and dead inside eyes that look so unfocused

You're on fucking Yea Forums. On the Yea Forums board of Yea Forums. You have no fucking life. None of us do.

Fuck man don't remind me

Shirou is just obnoxious.
>SEIIIBAAA YOU SHOULDN'T FIGHT
>But I was made for this.
>NOOOO SEIBA LET ME PROTECT YOU
>But I'm stronger than you and way less retarded.
>SEIIIBBAAAAAAAAA

That's how eroge work. Saber is the main girl, plus she's also weak as shit due to Shirou's pathetic mana levels.

Not only did he bail her out from losing to herc, but shirou doesn't even want to fight in the war actively. He just wants to stop needless bloodshed and anything similar to the fire happening ever again. Saber on the other hand was actively doing dumb shit and wanted to stir trouble - she literally disobeyed shirou and went to casters lair. He also doesn't know any of her abilities so he doesn't trust her prowess as much as rin- notice how he never says this shit to rin but to saber in UBW or any other route. Sure, he has seen her fight with lancer and herc, but both times she was losing- she would have died to lancer if he didn't retreat.

>shirou is based and doesn't let saber fight
>she survives until the end of the war
>shirou lets saber fight in UBW and HF
>she gets immediately captured and raped by an old hag and his girlfriend respectively

Cope harder saberfag

Unlike Shirou, Saber actually wanted the Grail. She wanted it more than anyone.

reminder she actually enjoyed raping her sister

Yeah, I understand she did - and for very good reasons- but her desperation resulted in reckless choices. Kerry was also really fucking desperate for the grail, but he didn't make such impulsive decisions. He took the time to learn and understand as much as he could about his opponent, saber on the other hand rushed into a villains lair.

That's a huge part of his characterization. The fact that he's willing to just hurl his own life away is an extremely important part of who he is and it shows that he values others over himself. It also shows how much he adores Saber, who he is so much into due to a mixture of multiple reasons that get revealed over time. It also shows that he starts as someone who's extremely self-unaware, but eventually grows and starts to understand his own psyche and thought processes that he then adjusts by accepting Saber's purpose and partner. It also shows his determination, will, loyalty and pure intentions. It works really well and once you understand Shirou most of his actions become completely reasonable and justified.

On some level it's not that unreasonable. She's supposed to be the strongest class and likely the strongest heroic spirit. She also really can't rely on her master that well as he's too unexperienced, so in almost any case he'd become a burden if anything. Caster is also supposed to be a great matchup for her as she has very high immunity to magic and caster is one of the servants that doesn't really fight that well on 1v1 and gets its strategic advantage from gaining power/territory over time, which Saber knew was going on, so it might've been reasonable to try to stop her as soon as possible before she grows stronger.

There's also obviously the other part that gets discussed on the bridge, but that's probably mostly irrelevant.

All of what you said is correct, but you are forgetting a vital piece of information: rin and archer. Rin and shirou made the an alliance prior to saber going off and doing her thing. Why would she think it was best for her lone self to handle the situation when she could have a talented mage and another (albeit injured) servant to help.

She didn't trust Rin too much at that point and regardess of that they wouldn't agree to help her defeat caster anyway.

Rin cooperated and saved them both during the first day, she healed shirou up even though she already repaid him by taking them to meet kirei and learn about the war. Sure, she wouldn't trust her 100%, but she wouldn't make such a hasty decision given the things rin has done for them so far. And why wouldn't rin and archer help? They both don't like senseless killings and even went out of their way to rescue shirou when he got captured by caster in UBW. Heck, they even came and helped him when he got kidnapped by illya in that same route (this is by far the dumbest thing shirou ever did in the VN, fuck).

I'm almost possitive they literally discussed assaulting caster and it led to a decision, where you either go with it or against it and in both cases Rin doesn't join in and if you decide to go with Saber, then it's a bad end.

And there is a difference between knowingly deciding to suicide and being pretty much kidnapped, it's a totally different scenario.

Yeah they did, but the reason being because archer wasn't fully healed yet. If he was, they would have agreed. Thus, saber should have waited because it was the smarter and more effective move to play.
And also, while there is a difference between the two, the course of action to put yourself in such a disadvantageous situation is still the same. Shirou dying wouldn't have mattered at all since rin could have just made a contract with saber (could mean throwing archer away but eh), but she chose to save him. While you may say that saber would never agree to help such a selfish person, do remember that one of the bad ends is her sacrificing shirou for her goal of getting the grail so it wouldn't be completely OOC for her to be allied with rin after shirou dies.

Attached: discussing caster.png (657x564, 582K)

You can't really appreciate how shitty Rin's dad was until Heaven's Feel. People who went from Zero to Fate would have a very different perspective in that, but if you've only read Stay Night and UBW all you really know at that point is that her father is someone she admired

Attached: deep robber.png (788x587, 24K)

>criminal who commits crime on the expense of others should be saved
Is Shirou retarded?

I think you’re underestimating the extent of Archer’s injury. He basically was in a crippled and useless state for days until he recovered.

Very few moralfags aren't

What does it mean if I've never played the VN but still like Shirou?

>Characters
All i see is a non character

>Characters who go fucked over by bad adaptations
But he's not. maybe in DEEN time.

>i-if I say it enough times then maybe it will be true!
Why does he make you feel so threatened?

shirou is an insufferable and joyless clown to read through in the VN

You know that fight in Fate/Zero Saber had against Beseker? How come there it looked like he was too strong for her while in the novel they told use she was letting him beat her up like that because she blamed herself for his deranged state In fact, all animated adaptions and media don't bother showing how much Saber hates herself and how deep it goes everything that happened can best be described as the worst communication skills ever

Are you sure? Because because it was both as I remember. He lost because of Kariya in this scene

That's the point user, he is retarded.

Pretty sure Saber basically gave up when she found out he was Lancelot, and then when Kariya happened causing Lancelot to stop, which led to Saber stabbing him.

Saber hates herself
Sakura hates herself

Is Rin the only normal girl?

Rin loves rich old men.

Fecal incontinence isn't normal.

Attached: rincon.jpg (960x540, 126K)

That's the bad end that convinced me that the conception that a lot of secondaries and speedreaders hold about Sakura and Shinji's relationship is dead wrong. The idea that Shinji was the one that started their sexual relation is barely if at all supported by the text. Meanwhile FH shows Sakura to be a remorseless serial killer with an insatiable hunger for 'mana'.

Attached: Dln1tMmUwAMxSya.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

Does Shinji act like a raped man to you? Fuck off.

I read up to 13 in the light novels i think and as someone who hates the anime it was an enjoyable read.

He's fucking obnoxious. Understanding why he's obnoxious does very little to make him less so. And any progress in that regard is completely offset by how obnoxiously verbose the explanation is.

>serial killer
If killing a few villains makes her one, I guess.

How many people do you need to kill before you're a serial killer?

Nobody cares about what you personally find obnoxious, retard. That still doesn't make him a bad character. For every person that dislikes Shirou because of inane reasons like yours, there are tons of others that enjoyed his story and characterization.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer

should have included the panel where shirou hears Rin's sobs while he's being devoured

Except that plenty of people find him obnoxious, and can't even manage to read through the VN because of it. If his inner monologue was actually good, they would have made more effort to incorporate it into the adaptations. If it wasn't so needlessly repetitive and verbose, there wouldn't be a problem with anime-only secondaries.

That's basically the dictionary definition of Sakura.
Her characters in the adaptations doesn't make any sense. And the memes just twist the blade in the wound.
That paladin faggot instead is a shitty character period.

is fateshit actually worth reading? only ever watched the shows

PC version. Not the realta nua sellout shit.

Yes, I enjoyed the VN immensely just last year.

The VN is the only good part of Fate.

It might be if it ever gets properly localized. With the fan translation, the Japan-isms and Nasu's rambling make it a massive waste of time.

Or maybe because the director was inexperienced with only 2 shows under his belt?

Fag

All 3 routes have an adaptation, and none of them make much effort to include inner monologue. You've also completely ignored the other point.

And none of the three directors have ever made anything worthwhile.

What about all the "gas leaks"?

Attached: x96k1dp94g321.jpg (849x1200, 188K)

>gas leaks
Sure you're not thinking about Rin?

Attached: sakura can smell it.gif (800x600, 2.1M)

2 of those adaptations are shit and the other one is a movie trilogy that doesn't have time for it.

Attached: image.jpg (600x600, 36K)

>It's been 15 years and people will never stop discussing/arguing Shirou

Truly one of the best MCs.

Attached: emiya-menu.jpg (500x281, 27K)

Wasn't that only really in Fate and that was due to the first thing he saw was her getting completely fucked up by Heracles? In the other routes, it's not as bad

How about the normal-ass people she killed?

Shirou is a well written and complex character, but he's still a retard

Yes it is. But you need to put some time away every day to read it, the thing has a bigger word count than Lord of the Rings.

I guess you could call Shinji, the first person she killed, a normal person.

This meme really fucked up people's perception of Shirou since it's missing the actual context of the scene (giving back Avalon)

Attached: peopledie.jpg (800x450, 38K)

On paper Sakura with her background should be one the most interesting characters in the story but she is terrible to the point she is the worst part of her own route.

You can't get fucked by bad adaptations when you are already bad in the original version.

>t. shounenfag brainlet
The in-depth analysis of her psyche was by far the most interesting part of the entire Fate franchise.

from discussing chars who got fucked over by bad adaptations to shirouposting

though shirou is the prime candidate for this topic pretty much any VN mc/cast goes through this

Plus, any thread that starts with Shirou will generally become about Shirou because you don't use him in an OP for anything unless you want to talk about Fate in general, or you are using him as an example of criticism of something and everybody's got an opinion on the guy

This fucked itself over by existing.

Yes it was Shirou thread since beginning. He got great representation of his character in Ufotable anime.

>pic unrelated

Retard.

>t. shounenfag brainlet
I'm really curious about this one because what part of my statement that a character that was abandoned by her family, treated by her sister as someone not related, experimented by her adoptive family and raped by her adoptive brother is not living to her potential screams Shounen?

>hurr sakura is worst part of HF
Next you're going to say "muh epic troll aizen madara priest is best heroine xD".

Attached: 60107707_p0.jpg (676x870, 840K)

I don't know, you tell me.

Thank Gigguk for making that explode.

See

Imagine seething over SAO in 2019

>this reading comprehension
He obviously meant that you're a shounenfag and that's why you don't get Sakura. I don't really care that you don't like her, but she's extremely well done.