What was the first manga you read?

What was the first manga you read?

Attached: recoverpics_15684864889860.jpg (453x640, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/_/search/image/ZWhUwxbq-CXZHSvP-IGhsg/
desuarchive.org/_/search/image/2_VpmOFBieRpSCAGPVuMQw/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bondage_Fairies
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Damn, it was so long ago... Wow... Uhhhh Probably Ranma or Slut Girl, idk for sure. I just started reading manga one day.

Dragon Ball.

desuarchive.org/_/search/image/ZWhUwxbq-CXZHSvP-IGhsg/
desuarchive.org/_/search/image/2_VpmOFBieRpSCAGPVuMQw/
What are you doing?

That's disappointing, I was about to reply seriously

You can still reply seriously, the OP image doesn't necessarily dictate the contents of the thread.

School Rumble after finishing Ni Gakki
RIP onemanga

evangelion unironically
the reading order confused me

Azumanga

Sundome

Shingeki no kyojin

Attached: 1559245201247.png (775x768, 704K)

Love Hina.

In the first magazine I bought I read those ones
Uruseiyatsura
Saint Seyia
Hokuto no ken
Patlabor
Kamui
Outlanders

I think it was Dragon Ball

unironically Dragon Ball Saiyan Saga an incomplete chapter in 1995. My second manga was a Sailor Moon adult doujin. My mom took it away when I was 10.

yotsuba
it all went downhill from there

FMA

i think it was berserk but because of that i speedread it since i wasn't used to reading manga.

I got into Hmanga first

First manga I read, Dragon Ball. First manga I completed, Slam Dunk.

Naruto

Berserk. It was like 2006. Ironically I will probably never finish it.

You bust be an old man dude

Love Hina, 15 years ago. Good memories, I still reread it sometimes.

Attached: _.jpg (1280x960, 477K)

I'm about to be crucified for this answer, but Jojo's manga online. First physical manga was goblin slayer.

Bondage Fairies

Yugioh GX and Pokemon B/W, I never got far in either. The first manga I finished was Uzumaki

Don't remember if it was the first, but its the only one I remember from my childhood

Attached: ポケットモンスター SPECIAL.jpg (220x308, 36K)

It's hard to remember but it was back sometime in 2003. A lot of series from Viz were starting to come out at that point. It was either RuroKen or One Piece. I can't remember if I had started reading RuroKen before seeing One Piece in American Shonen Jump. For all I can remember though I might have rented some manga from the library before either of those.

I don't even like tennis.

Attached: 51lC4Qw-nuL.jpg (333x500, 45K)

is it still reading if there's no text?

Attached: 87d64f0fded7d19f779c321026b68645.jpg (1000x1563, 508K)

Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai.

Love Hina

Ah my goddess in the year 1999 or 2000.

Shit, I can barely remember is been so long. Probably either Desert Coral or that one Warcraft manga about dragons.

Im still pissed that only the first two volumes of Desert Coral were translated.

First and to this day still one of my favorite.

Attached: gunslinger girl volume 13 cover art.jpg (685x960, 93K)

Death Note, in like 2006.

Inuyasha. Watching Rumiko Takahashi lose her ability to write in real time was sad.

Sailor Moon in 3rd grade. America used to sell Sailor Moon comics in this super cheap format.

As I reached middle school, I started reading Love Hina.

Then I discovered MSN Groups before online readers like OneManga even existed.

Someone put a bunch of scanlated manga on MSN Groups from Battle Royale to Hunter x Hunter, etc

The groups were pretty big as well.

If OP meant hentai, though, either it was Sailor Moon doujins or Bondage Fairies.

I'm sure most of this thread forgot about these famous fairies from hentai.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bondage_Fairies

Ranma 1/2 was the first manga I ever touched. Anime I'd already encountered, but Viz had only just started translating manga and the Ranma anime was my gateway drug to the manga, which I had a subscription for the regular comic-sized issues long before they started releasing the translated tankobon volumes.

Attached: 1554079470643.jpg (750x839, 242K)

Koroshiya Ichi for me

love hina

Are you 40?

The last four digits of your get are the year I graduated high school.

Attached: 1542576070832.png (900x490, 158K)

I've never read a manga all the way through. I've never even watched an anime all the way through if it's longer than 25~ episodes. I'm a super casual about everything.

Attached: Guyver.jpg (267x373, 25K)

After watching anime for years I just started reading manga last week. Currently reading One Punch Man and Azumanga Daioh. Don't judge me.

nichijou

Attached: 1502642794061.jpg (500x540, 71K)

Probably Dragon Ball in the early-mid 00s with the shitty scans that were available at the time.

Does H-manga cout? The Mega-Milk one

I'm 38

Rosario + vampire. Recomended if you are fag

w3hatever was in this old ass copy of Shonen Jump I got at a Scholastic book fair

shit had Black Cat, Naruto, I think Eyeshield 21?

First I seriously read consistently was Bleach

Online? Naruto scans

Physical? El-hazard.

Made in Abyss, i never really bothered with manga until very very recently

Crossbone Gundam

The Kindaichi Case Files when they were published by Tokyo Pop. Got 'em from a library. Peak fun nostalgia, bought a few of them to re-read every now and then.

Probably Dragon Ball in Shonen Jump, I bought the first American issue at a comic book store and have had a subscription since.

Probably Naruto from the Shonen Jump magazines you could get shipped to your house every month.

newfag here. 5toubun anime got me to read the manga and been going through whatever I can since.

You don't need to be posting then.

One Piece. I first started watching anime as a young child thanks to the shitty 4kids dub of Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon.

Gantz

Inuyasha back in 2003. I was 8 at the time. My brother bought a volume from a bookstore, I picked it up one day and saw a titty and it immediately piqued my interest.

Pokémon Adventures

>mfw drove nearly 300 miles and thread still up
Yeah suppose you're right, here's mine. After that it was all of Sailor Moon.

Attached: kurwa iks de.jpg (537x764, 151K)

GTO

How's life past the halfway mark? I'm getting close to it myself.

>Bondage Fairies
Oh boy the memories

Naruto, i think.

Berserk.
My brother had a few and I picked it up one day, kind of was a brutal introduction.

Attached: 1566813488921.png (168x261, 28K)

Ashita no joe, and I hate that fact, now everytime I read something I go "It's good, but no Ashita no Joe good"

boku no pico

Shit that didn't used to hurt hurts all the time now. You see stupid shit that you used to do as stupid now when you didn't see it as stupid then. Everything is expensive and you never have enough money but everyone around you seems to. If you don't already have kids you just accept that you won't and it only bothers you at the weirdest times. You feel obligated to cling to your hobbies as a part of your identity, while simultaneously being ashamed that without your hobbies you lack an identity at all. It's pretty surreal.

Keroro gunso, and this made me want to go back and see what's happened to it

The Ocarina of Time manga adaptation.

>If you don't already have kids
I do though as of this year but everything else pretty much checks out already. One thing is I don't feel mentally there at all and need to check myself not to go into "hello fellow teenagers" mode all the time.
Here's to another 50 for you and me.

One piece>Berserk>JoJo>Azumi

Only read ones I keep up with.

Either Rurouni Kenshin or Ranma 1/2. I'm not sure which came first.

Besides the random manga I picked up at the public library I can't remember the names of, Pandora Hearts was one of the first ones I got into reading online.

God I wish this had high quality scans past vol 1.

Think it was Kingdom hearts after buying a copy at my elementary school book fair.

a lot of hentai then Jojo

First manga i bought.
I didnt like it that much, but i havent finished it yet, so idk.

Attached: DSC_0298.jpg (4032x2268, 3.78M)

I think it was Gundam Wing back when I was 5-6

>What was the first manga you read?
I's.
Then Love Hina. Then Negima and Hayate no Gotoku when it was just starting. HnG was also my first English translated manga.

Attached: IMG_20190915_141953_580.jpg (2159x2910, 1.95M)

Yotsuba. They had it at the library.

Pokémon Adventures
I want to hold hands with Yellow

Doraemon

my niggas. for me it was these three.

Attached: 20190915.jpg (4032x1960, 1.2M)

None

Yu-Gi-Oh! IIRC. A cousin had a bunch of physical volumes and I got hooked everytime we visited his family.

Saint Seiya
Then dragon ball, love hina and gunsmith cats

Katekyo hitman reborn.
I knew about manga, because my brother read the naruto manga, but reading series in a comic format that didn't even have color seemed lame to me at the time, let alone the fact that there was no music or movement.
I finally caved in when the anime was in the middle of the Varia arc and I couldn't wait any longer to see what happens next so I started reading the manga.

Attached: katekyo-hitman-reborn-470169.jpg (800x1263, 136K)

Rosario+Vampire

Zombie Powder, then Claymore, Then I found Sgt. Frog at my library and popped my first boner to Natsumi

Onani Master Kurosawa
I didn't expect to end up crying, it hit me like a train.

first anime was inuyasha, first manga was hellsing like 6 years later

I bought the first volume of Gon. Fucking beautiful