Does anyone here use tablets to read manga or watch anime...

Does anyone here use tablets to read manga or watch anime? Got any recommendations for budget tablets that are good for these things? Obviously, such a tablet doesn't need a good camera or anything like that. Just good image quality and something that can play MKV videos and the like.

Attached: ccc3449795609cc8b9f9d053a2fc0719f122aef1_hq.jpg (1024x576, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guidetojapanese.org/grammar_guide.pdf
ankiweb.net/shared/info/2141233552
kitsunekko.net/dirlist.php?dir=subtitles/japanese/
addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/rikaichamp/
kanjitomo.net/
github.com/Artikash/Textractor
github.com/uyjulian/Translation-Aggregator
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.fuwafuwa.kaku&hl=en_GB
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I read practically all my manga on an oldish HP ElitePad and can confirm that it's a piece of trash.

E ink is the only option for manga. And if you cheap out, you'll regret it.

I have an ASUS Zenpad and I read manga on it.
I also watch anime on VLC and it runs fine, even in HEVC.

I'm considering a e-ink tablet with tachiyomi support (android) and boox seems like the only option in north America so far.

I refuse eto join the amazon botnet.

I've been using pic related, it works quite well

Attached: Screenshot_20190622-202102.png (1600x2560, 153K)

Just hack your switch and boot Android on it.

Been using an iPad as a dedicated manga readers since 2010. Feels good not paying one thin dime for localizations anymore. Infact haven't bought any physical media including LN since then. Currently using a 2018 iPad. Would love to splurge on a 12.9" iPad Pro, but I can't really rationalize spending $1200 on one just for manga.

What fucking e-ink screen is big enough? All e-ink stuff seems to be 7 inches or under.

What website, app, or other sources are you guys using?

>Just hack your switch
Nah, I play online.

Just buy a phablet. Note 9 on swappa is $300 since the Note 10 is selling for $700.

I've got a Kobo Aura One. It's screen is almost exactly the same size as most tanks.

And? Switch uses a hardware exploit, you short some pins on the controller connector and it boots up in recovery mode, then you use a program to send it a payload to boot (the bootloader Hekate). Then you just use Hekate to boot Android. And you're fucking done. When you want to use the switch again, just turn it off. Switch exploit has to be repeated every time you power on the console, so nothing you do is permanent unless you deliberately fuck around in the internals.

just use your phone faggot

Phones are usually too small, even more so when you don't have a fighter pilot eyesight.

This

Lenovo tab 4 plus is by far the best tablet for manga that I have found alongside with perfectviewer for actual viewing.
I don't use it as much nowadays though as its less hassle to read raws with the help of OCR on my laptop.

The 8inch version I mean.

>using OCR for raws
Interested

Sure but you need to know some jap at least.

guidetojapanese.org/grammar_guide.pdf
ankiweb.net/shared/info/2141233552
kitsunekko.net/dirlist.php?dir=subtitles/japanese/
addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/rikaichamp/ or one that lets you export into Anki
kanjitomo.net/ OCR
github.com/Artikash/Textractor use only the hooking and clipboard features
github.com/uyjulian/Translation-Aggregator JParser only

And play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.fuwafuwa.kaku&hl=en_GB for Android OCR but its much more effort.
Has some neat features like colour invertering though that could be neat on desktop too.

Usually use an iPad.
Recently got a likebook mars which has a e-ink screen which is nice for bedtime reading. It works well with any app where you can disable transitions. Though some that just have slide transitions still work reasonably well. Only problems I've has so far is the SJ app is unusable and tachiyomi not having any sort of bookmarking or last chapter read icon that's visible on an e-ink screen.

Second this one, tired of my page lately and don't really want to use mangadex, thinking of buying a e-ink and download volumes for reading.

Enjoy fucking up your sight

Used to use a few different smaller tablets like the Nexus 7, but was sick of having a tablet I didn't use that often. Got a pixelbook to use for general purpose around the house and then fold into a nice big high res manga screen. I would like to use E-ink more, but its slow and doesn't do color pages, its great for LNs and general reading but found it subpar for manga.

Also, get a secondary monitor for your desktop with a rotating stand and use it in portrait mode 24/7. Perfect for reading manga at the desk and more importantly doujins.

Use Tachiyomi and mpv-android

I just read it on my 4k monitor in my office, i can't be asked to get tabs just to read manga and then have to find a non cancerous apps

Galaxy Tab A 10.1" is a nice size and only about $200.

Attached: 20190904_125614.jpg (3024x4032, 1.88M)

I like your sfyle.

Is that a banana for size comparison?