Why everyone hates the 2011 HxH adaptation?

Why everyone hates the 2011 HxH adaptation?

Attached: 9C0CD609-4BB3-44CE-806A-2F97F962CABE.jpg (1000x1500, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qkJxKPEIGeo
youtube.com/watch?v=VaIfUbb96WE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Damn user caught me

Attached: 1118B9AF-5634-4B03-935A-1EB8C950C15E.gif (400x296, 443K)

it brought a ton of newfags into the series like me and many inexperienced anime viewers

>everyone
it's just boomers who saw the 99 anime first or the manga purists

Attached: 1561754456310.png (615x617, 188K)

But that’s good, isn’t it?

Only edgy hipster faggots hate it

Because 99 has better colors and a better art style, also the fantastic op
/eds have something to do with it. I originally watched 2011 first so it's not nostalgia or anything.

The first arc is a genuinely horrid adaptation, and while it gets better after that, 99 Yorknew is so amazing that 11 can't match up to it even if it's good. 11 handled Heaven's Arena and Greed Island far better than 99, though, to be fair.

>99 Yorknew is so amazing
Lol
youtube.com/watch?v=qkJxKPEIGeo
youtube.com/watch?v=VaIfUbb96WE

Attached: requiem.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

I hate color scheme, character designs and overall bland direction pre-CA arc. Also soundtracks quickly got repetitive.
Seriously, when I first watched it I still cringed a bit at designs, but i went with it. After seeing 99 version I just can't look at 2011 Kurapika(and others). He looks just horrible.

Yeah, but 99 has THIS

Attached: bokunoTARGET.webm (720x488, 1.31M)

Wow Hisoka look so ugly in the 1999

>Why everyone hates the 2011 HxH adaptation?

Because it's really, REALLY bad, just like the HxH manga.

99fag is on it again...

I haven't seen it, but I am going to assume because it's most popular one. I've read the manga but even I heard of anime before the manga.

Because the source material is shit. The animation is good, just hxhfags being retards as per usual.

Newfags only started to like it when CA came around, before that everyone thought it was garbage.

It's not bad, but it rides hard on the quality of the source material, rather than using the anime medium to its fullest.

not for discussion. Where do you think the hunterchad meme came from

it adapted an overrated trash series

The source material is trash

I haven't watched 99 but holy fuck the Chimera arc dragged on for so fucking long in 2011 version, It felt like a real struggle to get to the juicy bits (the fights) with so much filler shit thrown in.
That's all I can complain bout the 2011 version, Loved everything else about it.

Attached: 1539306076697.jpg (330x293, 13K)

Only deku faggots hate it.

Based. Spider Requiem is the climax of York New and 2011 did it better.

because it's the worst version of hxh around.
An unimaginative 1:1 adaptation of a manga is never going to be a good adaptation. Madhouse didn't expand on anything.
Manga isn't the same as anime. To adapt means to make changes to make the material fit an entirely different medium.
Memehouse are overrated hacks.